航空 发表于 2010-9-6 00:24:22

A320 Pilot In Command review

**** Hidden Message *****

航空 发表于 2010-9-6 00:24:35

Computer 30 PPiilloott MMaaggaazziinnee VV88II99 In the spring of 2001, Wilco<BR>Publishing released 767 Pilot in<BR>Command for FS2000, which turned<BR>out to be one of the most highly acclaimed<BR>MSFS add-ons ever. It proved that there<BR>was a substantial (and largely untapped)<BR>demand for simulations that strove<BR>specifically to emulate the complexity of<BR>an airliner’s flight deck. Even now, over<BR>three years later, this product still has a<BR>dedicated following.<BR>In early 2003, Wilco followed up with a<BR>new add-on product for FS2002, called A320<BR>Pilot in Command. Although it was made<BR>by a different group of developers, many<BR>naturally associated it with 767 PIC and<BR>great things were expected of it. Pre-release<BR>marketing confirmed rumors that it would be<BR>the first MSFS payware aircraft not to have<BR>A320 Pilot In Command review...<BR>a 2D cockpit at all. This was revolutionary.<BR>Every switch, knob, and button would be<BR>accessible by mouse from within the 3D<BR>virtual cockpit environment. Remember that<BR>in FS2002, this was not normally possible.<BR>Moreover, it included proprietary technology<BR>that would allow one to actually get up and<BR>wander around the passenger cabin.<BR>However, when A320 PIC was actually<BR>released, it received a surprisingly tepid<BR>reception. Although there were a considerable<BR>number of bugs, this was not the biggest<BR>complaint. After all, it is hardly uncommon<BR>for such a complex product to have its share<BR>of teething problems upon release. Judging<BR>both from reviews of the time and from user<BR>commentaries in Internet forums, there was a<BR>bigger problem - performance. Out of the box,<BR>users consistently reported extremely poor<BR>frame rates, even on high-end machines. It is<BR>true that with extensive tweaking performance<BR>could be somewhat improved, but even so, the<BR>plane would only fly acceptably with MSFS<BR>graphics, AI, and weather settings tuned<BR>way down. Over time a number of patches<BR>and improvements were released, including<BR>one that made it fully functional in FS2004.<BR>Nevertheless, A320 PIC remained a very<BR>power hungry product and gradually faded<BR>into the background.<BR>Haven’t I Seen this Before?<BR>Now, more than a year later, I suspect I<BR>am not the only flight simmer out there to<BR>be surprised and even confused to see A320<BR>Pilot In Command suddenly reappear in<BR>new packaging from a different publisher,<BR>Aerosoft GmbH of Germany.<BR>By ANDREW D. JONES<BR>31<BR>Having now thoroughly explored<BR>this package, I shall reveal to you the<BR>basic facts. The package, which retails<BR>for US$39.95, is indeed a re-release of<BR>the same product originally produced by<BR>Wilco. The Aerosoft release is listed as<BR>version 3.0, and contains all of the patches<BR>and updates, as well as a generous supply<BR>of liveries. Beyond that, however, no<BR>new features or improvements have been<BR>introduced specifically for this release.<BR>Thus, if you already own the original<BR>version and have kept up with the patches<BR>and updates, there is no reason to purchase<BR>this one, except for the simple convenience<BR>of having the fully patched product on a<BR>single CD.<BR>Installation and<BR>Configuration<BR>The software is contained on a single<BR>CD in a DVD style case with a printed<BR>installation guide. Although the printed<BR>guide looks thick, this is primarily<BR>because it is printed in several languages.<BR>The real user’s manual is installed from<BR>the CD in PDF format. Installation is<BR>easy. Since this package is fully updated,<BR>there is obviously no need to worry<BR>about the proper order of installing<BR>patches. The installer will simply<BR>ask you into which version of MSFS<BR>(FS2002 or FS2004) you are installing<BR>the product and everything else is taken<BR>care of for you.<BR>Once installation is complete, take<BR>a good look at the PDF manuals. In<BR>addition to a detailed guide to the<BR>aircraft there are also some important<BR>instructions for configuring your<BR>installation of MSFS. This product<BR>has some unusual characteristics and<BR>without configuring MSFS it will<BR>not work properly. In particular, the<BR>virtual cockpit gauge detail MUST<BR>be set to low, no matter what type of<BR>machine you have (don’t worry: the<BR>A320 flight deck will still look fine).<BR>Secondly, you must manually set up<BR>your controller through the A320PIC<BR>options menu from within MSFS.<BR>This is an independent process and<BR>will not interfere with your normal<BR>controller settings. Furthermore, you<BR>must disable your joystick within<BR>MSFS in order for the fly by wire<BR>system to work properly (A320 PIC<BR>reads control inputs independently of<BR>MSFS. There are also a number of other<BR>options available here including a choice<BR>of whether or not to implement the A320<BR>“normal landing law” (flare mode), which<BR>we will get to later.<BR>REINTRODUCING A320 PILOT IN COMMAND<BR>WELCOME ABOARD! THE SPACIOUS CABIN<BR>HAVE A SEAT IN ECONOMY CLASS…<BR>OR HEAD UP TO THE FLIGHT DECK<BR>FOR SOME STICK TIME<BR>OFF WE GO!<BR>REVIEW<BR>Computer 32 Pilot Magazine V8I9<BR>Flying the New, Old A320 PIC<BR>As already mentioned, A320 PIC<BR>eliminated the 2D-cockpit altogether,<BR>so when you first load the aircraft you<BR>will be greeted with a sign in large bold<BR>letters stating, “2D-panel not available.”<BR>This is normal. Simply press the “S” key<BR>to cycle the view to the 3D virtual flight<BR>deck. Most controls are clickable, and if<BR>you need to see a smaller item up-close<BR>(such as the MCDU interface) simply<BR>use the +/- keys to zoom in and out as<BR>necessary. I found this to work quite<BR>well, but I still feel that leaving out<BR>the 2D panel was a mistake. There are<BR>still times when a well done 2D panel<BR>would be useful to have around.<BR>Next, I tested my controller to<BR>verify that all axes were responding<BR>properly. Even with the instructions<BR>provided, I had to make several<BR>attempts at configuration to get my<BR>controller to function the way I wanted<BR>it to. Once more, I remind users that a<BR>considerable amount of tweaking may<BR>be necessary to get the product set up<BR>to your liking.<BR>As I readied the ship for flight<BR>I encountered a problem with the<BR>documentation. The publisher/<BR>developers failed to include<BR>performance charts for the aircraft.<BR>This is an especially large oversight<BR>since the Airbus Flight Management<BR>System is not capable of calculating<BR>V-speeds. Thus, without these charts it<BR>is impossible to properly program the<BR>computer. It seems ironic to me that the<BR>most convenient source I found for this<BR>missing information was the website of a<BR>direct competitor for this product.<BR>The autopilot, FMS, and other systems<BR>were all very well implemented and were<BR>comparable in detail to the respective<BR>systems in the PSS Airbus product which I<BR>reviewed last month. However, A320 PIC<BR>offers a somewhat different interpretation<BR>of the autothrottle system. Rather than<BR>using the “+/-” keys to simulate the heavy<BR>detents on the Power levers that activate<BR>different autothrottle modes, they are<BR>incorporated into the throttle axis on<BR>your controller. The detents themselves<BR>are signified by audible clicks (they are<BR>audible on the real world aircraft as well).<BR>More importantly, the areas in between<BR>the detents continue to be dynamically<BR>responsive, even when the autothrottle is<BR>on (I am told that this is also realistic).<BR>Perhaps the most interesting feature of<BR>A320 PIC is that it attempts to implement<BR>the Airbus flare mode system as a part<BR>THE TEXTURES ARE A BIT SIMPLISTIC IN PLACES<BR>THE OVERHEAD THE EXTERIOR DETAILING IS NOT BAD.<BR>GEAR UP! THE OPTIONAL FO<BR>THAT CLASSIC A320 PROFILE<BR>REVIEW<BR>33<BR>of its normal flight control law. What this<BR>means is that during a manual landing,<BR>at 50 feet RA, the fly-by-wire system<BR>will pitch the nose of the aircraft down<BR>in order to force the pilot to pull up and<BR>flare the aircraft. This sounds bizarre, and<BR>indeed if the pilot is not expecting this he<BR>may overcorrect, or even feel prompted<BR>to attempt a last second go-around. In<BR>the “options” menu this feature may be<BR>deactivated if desired.<BR>Overall, I found that A320 PIC did a<BR>remarkably effective job of illustrating<BR>the feel of the Airbus fly-by-wire system.<BR>This is especially evident in the pitch axis<BR>where the joystick no longer commands<BR>pitch angle but rather the rate of change<BR>in pitch. That is to say, if you pull back on<BR>the stick until the nose rises 10 degrees,<BR>and then return the stick to center, the nose<BR>will not remain pitched up at 10 degrees<BR>without the pilot having to manually apply<BR>stabilizer trim. Other MSFS-based Airbus<BR>sims I have tried did not accomplish this<BR>effect convincingly. Unfortunately, I fear<BR>the system’s awkward implementation<BR>(see the configuration section above) will<BR>prevent many from discovering how well it<BR>actually works.<BR>Performance:<BR>During most phases of flight, performance<BR>was adequate, if not stellar. Certainly it is<BR>better than what many users reported when<BR>the product was originally released. For a<BR>benchmark, in most phases of flight I found<BR>frame rates to be comparable on my machine<BR>to PMDG’s 737NG. A320 PIC benefits from<BR>the fact that CPU speeds have significantly<BR>improved since the time of its original<BR>release, but on the other hand it is also<BR>visually dated. Again, if we compare it to<BR>PMDG’s 737-800/900, the latter product has<BR>a much sharper, more graphically intensive<BR>virtual flight deck. Thus, one would generally<BR>expect to get better frame rates from A320<BR>PIC. Alas, this is not quite the case.<BR>Visuals<BR>Visually, A320 PIC is clearly showing<BR>its age. The virtual cockpit is crude in<BR>appearance by comparison to newer<BR>products. The virtual passenger cabin feature<BR>is also not as sharp as it could be, if this<BR>even matters to you? I feel it would have<BR>been better to leave it out to save memory<BR>and CPU power for more important tasks.<BR>The plane’s exterior is not bad but is notably<BR>lacking animated thrust reversers.<BR>Sound<BR>The sound set is among the true<BR>highlights of A320 PIC. It is among the<BR>best sounding flight sim add-ons I have<BR>encountered.<BR>Conclusions<BR>There can be no question that the fully<BR>patched version of A320 PIC marks a very<BR>significant improvement over the original<BR>out-of-the-box version we saw more than<BR>a year ago. It still does suffer from some<BR>of the primary problems with which it was<BR>plagued originally. Firstly, it requires a lot<BR>of configuring by the user, and many flight<BR>simmers will not have the patience for this,<BR>especially when much of it will then have<BR>to be undone when they want to fly another<BR>aircraft. Secondly, in spite of its age, it is as<BR>power hungry (or nearly so) as the newest,<BR>most complex add-ons on the market today,<BR>but without as many frills. A320 PIC has<BR>some very innovative features and should<BR>have been a fantastic add-on. Today, even<BR>with corrected bugs and a shiny new DVD<BR>case, it is still, in essence, a one-and-a-halfyear-<BR>old product. If you are prepared to give<BR>it the time it needs, then it might be worth<BR>a try. Q

f214216709 发表于 2010-9-13 15:37:01

飞行的???

tonyblairer 发表于 2010-12-8 20:28:58

顶一个

私人驾照,顶一个

bocome 发表于 2011-7-31 08:11:59

A320 Pilot In Command review
页: [1]
查看完整版本: A320 Pilot In Command review