找回密码
 注册
搜索
楼主: 帅哥
打印 上一主题 下一主题

航空缩略语词典 [复制链接]

67#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:11:35 |只看该作者
Major Defense & d3 S/ H8 f! R5 q4 BAcquisition 9 r) P- y% L7 S5 T7 JProgram1 n$ O: k5 U8 }+ } An acquisition program that is not a highly sensitive classified program (as 2 }1 |9 x4 f% R3 r' Pdetermined by the Secretary of Defense) and that is:( \" e( t5 Q6 B+ C, k# G: E 1. Designated by the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and3 N; [/ k6 S+ A4 i6 ~' [5 S Technology as a major defense acquisition program, or% x% H% J, S3 E8 U 2. Estimated by the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Technology9 x0 Q% ?* R5 ]" w to require:6 C2 @/ H8 ]1 H3 \( q) T. G8 k a) An eventual total expenditure for research, development, test, and* ^/ d0 ?1 U+ b+ O. Y" M# n evaluation of more than $200 million in fiscal year 1980 constant , w. G% H; N% d5 }dollars (approximately $300 million in fiscal year 1990 constant 2 D5 K' J1 L! z+ | A! l6 I, qdollars), or0 h W+ @/ ?" m% Q( [! B& V# C G+ u b) An eventual total expenditure for procurement of more than $1 billion" q% y: o, L- C/ J) [% `+ r in fiscal year 1980 constant dollars (approximately $1.8 billion in fiscal ( T9 e3 K+ r7 D* m1 ?: `' Fyear 1990 constant dollars). c7 |7 e0 n% H, U8 x* l8 A0 H- x) h/ O Major F9 }* C8 t: N' I, i3 ? Modification - _! q$ u6 _+ d; z0 gA modification that in and of itself meets the criteria of acquisition category I or II* I9 d9 ]0 _; B1 P5 G" u0 B8 ` or is designated as such by the milestone decision authority. Major modifications 7 ] n- E4 ?0 \ O; _+ A$ C) Y/ Xrequire a Milestone IV decision unless the decision to modify results from one of$ G8 H; B7 U! C+ z the alternatives considered as part of the Milestone I decision process. 5 O7 @6 m( e) v4 f/ mUpgrades are part of the Milestone 0 decision process.& r. D u' B. y: }! R% C" D! ]& g Major System A combination of elements that will function together to produce the capabilities : W8 Z( O; Z. U: @ P* p' o+ ?required to fulfill a mission need, including hardware, equipment, software, or any % A$ e' @! y& D! Gcombination thereof, but excluding construction or other improvements to real+ @/ p% T) m+ [+ S- c property. A system shall be considered a major system if it is estimated by the. O7 H) N% e2 Y* F3 N8 x Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Technology to require:; k2 T8 J6 [3 M/ c 1. An eventual total expenditure for research, development, test, and ' l6 g' q$ z/ w1 P' Levaluation of more than $75,000,000 in fiscal year 1980 constant dollars. n" Y3 U5 k1 R) a/ t; t) P: o3 y (approximately $115,000,000 in fiscal year 1990 constant dollars), or( v% a* D0 ?; R' j 2. An eventual total expenditure for procurement of more than $300,000,000 in( W5 X6 D% ^ v' o fiscal year 1980 constant dollars (approximately $540,000,000 in fiscal year/ t* O3 H" v4 u q+ m 1990 constant dollars)., B8 r4 G: Z3 ~/ F: n: [5 K1 w MAM Maintenance Assist Modules.' G+ n- t/ a0 t% F+ R7 ^- y2 y1 f MAMDT Mean Active Maintenance Downtime (ILS term). 2 R7 n* G: H) B+ H- p( _9 m9 rMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 M v7 [0 H( g* ?" |) f4 }8 c6 M175 , N& n; S3 U* ]+ t/ gMandatory 5 h/ E2 w1 ]- N' H" s% V/ pAccess Control 2 ], M% C5 S$ X) o5 a6 YA means of restricting access to objects based on the sensitivity (as represented8 ]: [6 r! i K0 _, v% k, m6 R by a label) of the information contained in the objects and the formal ! z( e/ q: N/ f% ~: R3 jauthorization of subjects to access information of such sensitivity.# Q/ A$ U/ m( ]. s0 Y Maneuverable2 ]1 Q' _: @5 k( T0 Q. `& V$ P1 T3 q Reentry Vehicle / G: _/ C, `/ _(MARV) " H# l1 k( [* C; m6 h |$ p5 qA reentry vehicle capable of performing preplanned flight maneuvers during the p5 g F+ k" u9 }! ~- C reentry phase. The reentry vehicles deploy fins or other aerodynamic surfaces % t: I9 L+ ]3 o$ ~: u0 A# Pwhen they enter the atmosphere, allowing them to turn and dodge rather than' p2 ~3 y" y0 R# C0 |3 L fall ballistically. They have no ability to maneuver in space.% h* U$ [5 b& X" B/ X; k MANPER Manpower and Personnel ILS term). 6 l3 h. l* n8 _' N5 a: h( lManpower $ u; i+ r6 ]6 P; `9 ]' ~# ~Authorizations1 w7 o) }; P7 Q: I The billets in the manpower requirements structure that are planned to be filled., t* j, A7 n; \: r4 }! {) b5 k Manpower 9 R# [8 c. _" h1 p3 C9 QEstimate Report 9 |3 F/ A" j% [(MER)3 j" g. g: l3 d0 U An estimate of the number of personnel who will operate, maintain, support, and" k: Z, R/ H/ R. R/ ` train for the acquisition upon full operational deployment. The Services prepared& x: @% e7 g2 `4 c. G the estimates, and the SECDEF submits them to Congress 30 days prior to ( B( q. e* I" r/ _approval for EMD or production. 5 ]' r' X3 E2 ]+ r( wManpower, 0 B7 f: d! A; O# MPersonnel, ' S+ V4 K& Y3 [( n! Z6 k! VTraining, and ! X8 g& S/ S- z) W8 Q9 uSafety (MPTS) # L: ]) U5 u& o* V3 G; y9 mThe human dimension of the complete defense weapon system. The term 0 ^; [* H9 M. E' {$ xMPTS also encompasses the concepts and disciplines of human factors9 ~# s( A& U1 t J1 [* {7 Y) i engineering and health hazard prevention.: E( P5 p% `& Z! m! d5 E Manpower,6 T- F* h. f* J/ \ Personnel, - R! }& y9 g, M4 p$ B/ {2 W. fTraining, and 1 P7 K; M' Z' ~2 T; ?Safety (MPTS) 0 m E: h6 A9 m7 UProfiles4 B; V: B9 K! I* q; c$ m3 {7 p7 } A description of human dimensions and constraints involving a major system$ Y( H7 q( h& ]4 P throughout the system life cycle. This includes, but is not limited to, descriptions $ V3 g$ M9 D$ D. J5 u) Y9 } l9 Wand categorizations of occupations, aptitudes, individual skills and % U# q, ~, ^* n% d/ n5 m' idemographics, training system characteristics and components, potential system" [2 [2 ^0 M9 F9 E hazards, and other issues affecting the performance and welfare of operators,5 ~. x" m; u! y# b maintainers, and personnel that support existing, modified or new systems. 2 n, G! d5 F* O1 B4 F! H0 h8 Y wMANPRINT Manpower and Personnel Integration (US Army). 8 m& l3 ?; o# C! E( V* ]9 N" O rMANTECH Manufacturing Technology. 7 ~( K9 u" U# ]2 R7 j4 d* f; BManufacturing (or 7 a1 Y- m5 Z- O8 tProduction)2 v, K/ V/ z0 u/ Y- g, Y J Engineering / g& ^! s9 G8 NPre-production planning and operation analysis applied to specific product+ J7 I7 ^3 R0 _ a; s) S- h designs. The functions of planning, specifying, and coordinating the application4 ^/ H" I( v3 H, B3 _ of required factory resources including: performing analyses of production1 O) h9 B5 O+ V( z% _2 u operations, processes, and systems; applying new manufacturing methods,. Z1 m; x9 _3 w" a) B9 P7 x tooling, and equipment; controlling the introduction of engineering changes, and/ @: i, N! t$ ?* ^ employing cost control and quality techniques from the factory viewpoint. 7 F' Y2 Z9 s- I5 Z+ RManufacturing8 Y& c* P. w5 K j, _2 y# z Operations,$ a) Q2 C4 f& Y* L Development, $ M) M' K/ I; Y* ~2 q. @and Integration# D4 S ^8 [0 w* E: `# G" S Laboratory4 ?7 n7 x0 Y- T9 N (MODIL) 6 q: M3 z6 j* \9 j& n/ n* r% Z7 q3 gAn SDS-peculiar integration mechanism to link product technology development - O. k( }0 e B+ \concurrently with manufacturing process and control development for a costreducing effective SDS development.% K1 E. i! f; b Manufacturing + R# b+ `7 E# ITechnology# d+ b0 K* X* J3 i (MANTECH)/ s" |6 y E0 V: T; u4 A Manufacturing technology refers to any action which has as its objective the ' v8 V! P/ N5 K( i5 U0 G# Otimely establishment or improvement of the manufacturing processes,4 K$ p; ]( B4 [, g6 G5 I* U5 E techniques, or equipment required to support current and projected programs," A& H; L! }: M9 B- E+ E and the assurance of the ability to produce, reduce lead time, ensure economic * c" i# `4 J% |, ]& K* i6 Lavailability of end items, reduce costs, increase efficiency, improve reliability, or to+ h6 l& A! s7 } s7 j6 B+ S enhance safety and anti-pollution measures. MANTECH, per se, is the specific o" h c& v5 j" P DoD program in this area.% ~& j& X, D: q1 k! r MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 M7 E% D# Y9 i$ w5 E" r1 @ 176+ H2 B3 u& g9 |: F( D! A; S MAOC Modular Air Operations Center (JFACC term).+ n- o! J& g" u' D: @ MAOPR Minimum Acceptable Operational Performance Requirements.2 U k; q: z: G# B8 N MAP Minimum Acquisition Program. ?+ L" N( C' n4 h, v MAR Monthly Assessment Report (BMDO/POC term). " [$ z) e1 l# G) ~MARCO Marine Corps.

使用道具 举报

66#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:11:24 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 M* Q- Y1 x6 _/ f7 ^2 o4 u. T) I 173 / J+ u; A4 l- N+ f6 l+ cm (1) Meter. (2) Minute.6 ~: \' P e5 z0 J9 N M (1) Model. (2) Million. (3) Mega.( m4 r: e4 U' V6 f M&LC Missile and Launch Control. - Q0 L0 i7 a5 WM&P Manpower and Personnel.. C1 z; c. b% W2 m M&S (1) Materials and Structures. (2) Modeling and Simulation.' `/ }" x# f' L3 v2 i, f M-T-M Model – Test – Model.3 k; S4 k+ l0 z& c M/LWIR Medium/Long Wavelength Infrared. : U7 F4 e0 ?7 y$ EM/P Manpower/Personnel.; {6 U. |/ z/ G( ? MAA Mission Area Analysis. 3 t/ f* m: K# q# _! mMAAG Military Assistance Advisory Group. 7 W7 H2 b; S" s1 @MAB Missile Assembly Building.$ W2 K3 m7 l1 C. P" Z MAC (1) OBSOLETE. Military Airlift Command. See AMC. ' Q0 r0 \7 J: z U8 O6 b* E(2) Maintenance Allocation Chart. $ x7 B* ^7 _0 i' I' nMACCK Multi-Application Command and Control Kit (GD term for IVIS follow-on).) b+ ?% S! S+ i1 A5 | v9 s MACCS Marine Corps Air Command and Control System.3 u" E7 c6 C( Q' \* U MACOM Major Army Command. . {4 K; }( A$ a Q. ZMAD (1) Mission Area Deficiency. (2) Mutually Assured Destruction.% G. T8 R+ P' f0 l( Y. T MADCAP Mosaic Array Data Compression and Analysis Program. 3 ?9 f: W. U2 }: Q* wMADS Modified Air Defense System. " [( C) L% d3 T& Z$ IMAE Medium Altitude Endurance. & N1 @" h% F$ h( x) Q9 q4 zMAGTF Marine Air-Ground Task Force.3 p8 W; ~0 s5 {( i Main Beam The primary directional EMR emitted from radar transmitters. 8 X% |( B+ s% b, Y5 sMaintainer An individual responsible for retaining the major defense system in or restoring it8 Z7 a5 o7 k+ p1 V2 o e& S' Y to a specified condition. Maintenance activities include inspection, testing, u7 u* f9 U0 V3 xservicing, classification as to serviceability, repair, rebuilding, and reclamation. : T# p6 k+ N+ y$ e t2 I8 O% qMaintenance& x6 |6 T4 F# W6 ]' _ Concept/Plan ! |0 }, K+ Z9 @: }; u6 xA description of maintenance considerations and constraints for- C( G+ T2 h1 d; ~ system/equipment under development. A preliminary maintenance concept is . K9 e8 U/ C( |' V/ @/ zdeveloped and submitted as part of the preliminary system operational concept # O; y" G+ r7 U/ G( M- L) Afor each alternative solution candidate by the operating command with the , z' n1 B0 n' F3 s) |, L0 b: Oassistance of the implementing and supporting commands. A major driver in) r/ W% l: F W* h$ o8 L design of the system/equipment and support planned for it. 8 i1 q* U3 a- aMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 M : D( F0 s) s8 X0 W174# q1 p( x& B0 B( c3 w, z* u Maintenance: ^6 M5 {& O+ ]* o" z. h0 `, g Operations4 M% v% a. l: \& H. j2 o The corrective and preventive maintenance operations that do not require a; @1 J n! s. G8 q deployment decision; it includes correction and subsequent validation testing ! J- n6 V& ?3 |; I! J% r, c8 U8 pand the update of relevant status configuration, maintenance, and inventory+ T& V* _2 N' Y; s3 j) H6 ` databases. + D/ Y0 e. D/ U+ y2 w/ _Maintenance " @6 k4 w4 N* ^' t* \+ ~Planning w& t5 P6 f w% DThe process conducted to evolve and establish maintenance concepts and% [2 q, l5 S- P1 ~* A requirements for the lifetime of a material system; one of the principal elements + W! e# R: l4 [ Sof ILS.1 F0 T* q# W, |- U& I0 M' X9 ? MAIS Mobile Automated Instrumentation Suite (USA term)." a- q* h$ J) i, Y3 B MAISRC Major Automated Information System Review Council5 s' w7 N. V$ U MAJCOM Major Command (USAF)." W# v. r" k- }# _$ @ Major Automated $ x6 K( \+ R/ |' A2 P& XInformation/ D5 [5 [6 [3 ]- M# k* ? System Review- ^& j2 l+ A, s9 ? Council (MAISRC) 3 _' ]* h) f4 s, O. j1 h& OThe Senior DoD information management acquisition review board chaired by 1 a8 G+ |" S" W( N9 @ ]8 kthe Assistant Secretary of Defense for Command, Control, Communication, and $ P5 p/ O5 Z0 Z) ]* MIntelligence. See DoD Directive 8120.2.

使用道具 举报

65#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:11:09 |只看该作者
Low Altitude' x1 I' Y: x+ }5 j+ _9 `$ G Demonstration 6 b1 @1 M$ g$ m2 rSystem (LADS)& M O) p9 ^1 B% Y! T1 a Part of the SBIRS Low Program Definition and Risk Reduction (PDRR) program! R$ ]4 \& ~$ y. d( L4 s! B phase. The LADS will consist of a flight experiment and extensive ground# Z. X' H) [6 V- i" z3 g demonstrations by Boeing North American. The LADS flight experiment will be & w/ u( E9 h6 O# Olaunched in late FY99 to demonstrate the sensor performance of a SBIRS Low " f2 U$ s7 h' N! d- v; h4 ]concept and collect phenomenology data.% d5 U2 i* g0 l3 F. M' l Low Earth Orbit: x# @6 W4 G6 L4 Z- [ (LEO) 4 _ Z- G7 Z& ^1 h" sThese satellites are at altitudes between 100 and 400 nautical miles. They; G, c( P9 @" u( N( _+ K have short duration revolutions (about 90 minutes), short visibility envelopes (2.5 9 F8 j1 S2 d( K6 Y) I8 d$ _minutes up to 10 minutes over a tracking station), short life spans, and are most+ D# d3 n; S. P; f subject to orbital perturbations due to atmospheric drag and earth gravitational. g" B; D; ]8 N- j) A% } anomalies. , v- g+ m2 J' s0 f6 b4 _: j5 @- JLow( b) j9 P T9 c9 {. H3 g Endoatmosphere $ J/ c/ k# A, i. E1 n6 aThat portion of the earth's atmosphere, generally below 40 km altitude. 1 K. |8 Z. G; P t$ BMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 L * _ c w( `. C2 E) c170+ Y4 d7 F- {, g( A0 M Low-Rate Initial ; }' B0 d& Q+ m; H# B6 GProduction (LRIP)' h8 @3 m5 _* h7 T: `* t The production of a system in limited quantity to provide articles for operational7 ]1 Y. N4 [. e1 O' @6 i test and evaluation, to establish an initial production base, and to permit an/ D! Z5 L: ~6 c( ], |# L orderly increase in the production rate sufficient to lead to full-rate production+ Y' x7 w ?$ f9 { upon successful completion of operational testing. * L0 r* P8 |5 C/ uLOWKATRER Low Weight Kinetic Energy Active Tracker. . ^. C2 m8 c; l* p# _7 MLOWTRAN Atmospheric and Interstellar Background Signature Model. 4 o% O! l4 M: ~LPAR Large Phased Array Radar. # W5 M6 L& i0 \LPD Low Probability of Detection. 3 m$ T) q* n6 E* ~2 M7 X I0 RLPE (1) Liquid Phase Epitaxy. : ~( x# d2 m2 J3 T(2) Launch Point Estimate.: ~* C/ K$ G/ y* a' T LPI Low Probability of Intercept., D5 p( O. G5 i% ^" g LPS Limited Protection System.' e9 u- L" P% t ~" k LR Long Range.; O) ~# C: E/ J [ LRA (1) Line-Replaceable Assembly. (2) Launch and Recovery Element.0 I; M, u/ e1 I LRB Liquid Rocket Booster. / e) u- I1 Z3 U n _& O6 KLRC Lewis Research Center, Cleveland, OH. * G4 g0 W( p. l" {' sLRE (1) Latest Revise Estimate. (2) Launch and Recovery Element. 9 P) N) N* i+ K# m4 [, y8 D) tLREP Light Replicas. 9 V% }9 ^6 b4 ^2 X/ J; `. f9 q+ [LRF Laser Range Finder.# s) d+ Z# E. J) ]" t LRINF Longer Range Intermediate Nuclear Forces. 3 F) c$ |6 p3 k, m8 W7 q% YLRIP See Low-Rate Initial Production.# ]0 c% m9 x4 W% H: o- i3 Z3 U3 V LRIP-OT Low Rate Initial Production – Operational Testing. - ]3 O5 k, P: i* PLRTBM Long Range TBM. ' G& v. m, m, ^LRTNF Long-range Theater Nuclear Force.0 g2 t1 G3 c1 m% r, h+ U LRU (1) Line Replaceable Units. (2) Line Replacement Units. A. V* K7 }$ Y+ t6 h+ K) \LS Launching Stations (PATRIOT).1 n9 d' ~! M7 ]/ {; C5 n LSA Logistics Support Analysis.$ l8 O% r8 A" v9 V' ]/ @, h LSAP Logistics Support Analysis Program. ( Z" q0 H+ W9 u: zLSAR Logistics Support Analysis Record.7 W' R3 l4 ?7 R" m! i1 H6 i LSART LSA Review Team (ILS term).; m2 d+ ~/ H; c, V LSAT Laser Satellite. + |) E/ {. ^7 k- pMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 L 9 {* u/ M# z, X4 Y" D171 ) d& l3 [* l; _+ j/ C/ L/ zLSAWG LSA Working Group. ' P0 n% l3 T' `& Z7 l5 ZLSE Lifetime Support Engineering (ILS term). ) L0 [/ r" O+ u5 Q* S- Q9 _LSEA Lifetime Support Engineering Activity (ILS term). . N+ K- e; R( L8 P# ?8 |; C h. _LSI Large Scale Integration (circuits). / g3 i; x y6 vLSRS Loral Space and Range Systems, Sunnyvale, CA.' l2 r) K- I, z! R, J# w LST (1) Laser Spot Tracker. (2) Landing Ship, Tank.4 F, H* j5 c. d. G LSTS Launcher Station Test Site.2 B" ?+ N: ~3 c) l LTA Lead Time Analysis. 4 ?4 r- W K" K$ \( {LTBT Limited Test Ban Treaty. 1 |) N4 W, N2 |6 g! p! a) f1 _LTD Laser Target Designator.+ @% j# V# V8 m7 n LTH Lethality and Target Hardening.6 X( p* P2 z+ m- P* M$ P6 Y LTS Low Temperature Superconductor& v' ~3 n8 K" C% v( E. h/ L LTV Launch Test Vehicle. ! R$ S0 \6 g9 v9 v8 J5 [& NLU Launch and Update.* D. q& @( Z" i4 J8 _; E5 M LUA Launch Under Attack. " V1 V! T& |: I) ]7 v# ^LUP Limited U.S. Protection. # l9 Z, Z/ ^$ i# z! A5 X: gLUT Limited User Test.4 f0 h- A; A* e; o R; } LUT/OA Limited User Test/Operational Assessment. ' \5 q3 d9 w: zLVS Loral Vought Systems, a defense industry contractor.2 d- i+ l# [) u$ C% @ LVT Low Volume Terminal (USN/NATO/Telecomm term). ! |& M/ l$ y M* G+ wLW Laser Weapons.9 v% @, g/ |8 i a; ?5 K) { LWAN Local Wide Area Net. H$ V: ~6 N' b LWIR See Long Wavelength Infrared.% f. {! `* M: f0 G LWIR FPA (PET) Long Wavelength Infrared Focal Plane Array (Pilot-line Experiment Technology). ( _1 v# ?* e1 j8 G' m9 Y5 r4 ULYTBT Low-Yield Threshold Test Ban Treaty. ; A# M) U i5 {' T7 bLZ Landing Zone.

使用道具 举报

64#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:10:58 |只看该作者
LM/GES Lockheed Martin/Government Electronic Systems. % T4 N& p& l4 S, L: GLMA Lockheed Martin Astronautics, a defense industry contractor.: D/ q" j7 ~" X6 K& [* S4 s- k2 E LMANS Lockheed Martin Aeronautic and Naval Systems.# T' j8 f. M6 S9 G LMC Late Midcourse.* K E2 z- o, u: S' R5 e2 T LMFBR Liquid-Metal Fast Breeder Reactor.8 D$ L, Y& T+ f9 N( [1 [0 ^ LMIS Logistics Management Information System. n E6 E, I$ |; M1 h& dLNA Low Noise Amplifier.4 J5 a: W$ W( O3 m: k% e$ u9 U LNC Local Network Controller.& j, c5 o ]* o7 P) Y. s LNE Low Noise Exciter (Electronics Engineering term).. Q: n0 r% u4 x LNO Liaison Officer. V0 }- d% T: [ LO (1) Local Oscillator (Electronics Engineering term). $ e% i, t: r- w8 T3 v. i W4 }+ N(2) Low Observables (LODE-related term). : C3 v7 G- _0 b% BLOA Letter of Agreement.( g/ x/ L* h; R- i) p LOAD Low Altitude Defense.; [3 A6 i2 N" u- w6 {5 a* M LOC (1) Lines of Communication.9 z( s3 H8 [. e, a* r (2) Lines of Code.1 Q6 {% u9 b9 L1 ] (3) Limited Operational Capability.9 h7 O5 `/ D1 P% l MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 L 8 [) V+ e0 G' G, `) f# [6 C168 , m9 i7 F1 U3 v: u: DLOCAAS Low Cost Autonomous Attack System (USAF term). 9 p2 e- ~* s8 B- ~Local. J7 i& ?5 D, _: V2 R$ ^ Assessment of , d& p; n" @/ Q EEngagement . L/ F9 o+ f B: }) nThe assessment of an engagement by high-resolution fire control sensors. 4 v6 Z/ K' d y4 [% @4 G5 Z3 g3 \Local l, g, Y9 e, ^& \' L& G8 f Environment 7 O; l& ?- p: ]# F* X4 F- mThe ISTC Local Environment contained within each node simulates the element: |' H- b }8 j7 b: x to the degree necessary to generate a realistic input to the Element Processor of * f' S$ J! o1 |Element Processor Emulation and provide a realistic response to the Element7 H: u/ ?. r" V( w0 |- p' q Processor or Element Processor Emulation.0 q; b, A b& Y: y Lock On Signifies that a tracking or target-seeking system is continuously and9 V* [, p( G% c" \! Z' ~+ | automatically tracking a target in one or more coordinates (e.g., range, bearing,6 ~' X: X& X- ]$ ]/ i elevation).3 n, Q2 C- L9 V6 h B6 X6 h0 v0 v+ t; a LODE Laser Optics Demonstration Experiment. $ ^" j3 y* N6 X" {% qLODTM Large Optics Diamond Turning Machine. & s% o% |7 U8 U8 d- n" Q. _: g- eLOE (1) Level of Effort. (2) Letter of Evaluation (AF).' [$ h; n% |' C/ U4 w1 r! Z LOF Lifejacket Orbital Flight (BE term).3 v( {. e7 _( C3 s" `! [4 x Lofted Trajectory Trajectory with an apogee greater than the minimum-energy trajectory to the3 H2 _4 C& Y; b, N- \4 K7 L same range. : X" O/ I0 J- V( I6 [8 oLOG Logistics.& ^. s( l& ~- M# G a( \ LOG.WIPT Logistics Working-level IPT 5 @) G; Q/ C* ?2 V3 @- dLOGAM II Logistics Analysis Model II. 5 a& k8 }3 F& l2 J( OLOGFAC Logistics Feasibility Analysis Capability.! L6 F" N0 E! I7 t LOGFOR Logistics Force.$ `. V/ ]" c# V5 { Logistics The science of planning and carrying out the movement and maintenance of 2 p7 W! m! G$ C7 ?# \1 Nforces. In its most comprehensive sense, it includes those aspects of military0 F' l. R7 _ y" W: b operations which deal with: (1) design and development, acquisition, storage,' A, q' }! A2 k+ n movement, distribution, maintenance, evacuation, and disposition of materials; % L9 s% B( L9 o1 V3 M* Z4 C/ ?0 T: M(2) movement, evacuation, and hospitalization of personnel; (3) acquisition or+ y! }/ a+ P& s construction, maintenance, operation, and disposition of facilities; and (4)1 H$ x2 e3 s1 ]2 i- Y acquisition or furnishing of services. : k7 `- x. [+ W$ q! E. w9 V& `Logistics Support The supply and maintenance of materiel essential to proper operation of a& _" j) E3 m$ s6 ]/ t* y system in the force.; }$ _7 M7 m5 B- j) E3 O1 ~ Logistics3 I* ~* d) \. f, W Supportability , X. q8 Y6 h! h6 pThe degree to which planned logistics support (including test, measurement, and / i- H6 g) R, Z' p9 f' ediagnostic equipment; spares and repair parts; technical data; support facilities; $ w* v; { s' q+ L6 c1 W$ k* Etransportation requirements; training; manpower; and software support) allow/ s. y5 U) w; ]" g- \- I( o) M meeting system availability and wartime usage requirements. - p3 }1 t. @9 Q6 B, E9 AMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 L . l0 d2 r, w$ C4 M+ Y( V169 6 w! w% i$ K0 L. H" |% B. BLogistics % k; |& z6 A0 B) pSupport Analysis ; D/ y. K8 T; ~" V3 |% m9 @(LSA) / Q( x& {) [8 y }The selective application of scientific and engineering efforts undertaken during( n% \: w; P2 a. W the acquisition process, as part of the systems engineering process, to assist in: 0 g+ J& v' r" _/ q; wcausing support considerations to influence design; defining support 2 ^2 H- U' |- C& ^0 e1 C$ d( mrequirements that are related optimally to design and to each other; acquiring4 C% h, I u. H z5 j; b& x8 G# Q) B the required support; and providing the required support during the operational- v, r- h& R# d6 y( [! N phase at minimum cost.# T* j) s3 d! ^! a9 k Logistics Support5 j) ]6 a: j1 G1 e Analysis Record$ ~9 Q" r( o$ F3 l3 p% K( ^) Z (LSAR) 1 _3 W, O! u5 I! U; |A formal tool under MIL-STD 1388-2A that uses records/forms to document / i& M/ ~+ t! C \% Foperations and maintenance requirements, RAM, task analyses, technical data,6 Y; `( f# o$ E2 `2 I' R/ I( l; o support/test equipment, facilities, skill evaluation, supply support, ATE and TPS, # s* }4 U5 D- o6 }- qand transportability. LSAR is the basis for training, personnel, supply 3 ?3 y* m2 d0 G- S0 J$ V8 zprovisioning and allowances construction, support equipment acquisition, , U! B/ u' T" n: }facilities construction and preparation, and for maintenance.2 E: {0 ^( V: s; l2 w5 t3 U9 ] LOGPLAN Logistics Plan.3 ]4 V0 g4 o+ s LOGSIM Logistics Simulation Model.& V- u% C# Q- k& d7 K LOI (1) Letter of Instruction. (2) Letter of Intent. " ]4 K5 U! P" O9 d+ M; H4 |LOMEZ Low Altitude Missile Engagement Zone.1 u: X( j# z% F Long Lead Items1 H7 m" X- T, Q Long Range Air) D$ l2 Y1 A- G9 y, |- i Launched Target * P' D' ~! _6 ~/ z: L! P(LRALT) 1 D- x$ t/ F1 o4 v: TThose components of a system for which the times to design and fabricate are ' ^& E5 q) ~0 | Gthe longest, and, therefore, to which an early commitment of funds may be- Q# x# [9 X; v/ y* [+ S desirable in order to meet the earliest possible date of system completion.- B9 Q8 u: u+ F a* x9 b* P Two-stage, air launched ballistic missile target being developed for MBRV-4. , H" i- a/ X, t, S5 dLong Wavelength2 @4 }6 w8 q$ a+ K/ i2 J, Z Infrared (LWIR) ; r$ s& w& Q# e o2 k2 ^4 D3 ~Thermal radiation emitted by a source in the electromagnetic spectrum; |. ^4 g( s) r encompassing infrared wavelengths of 6 to 30 microns.' J6 U+ B2 n. @% @ LOR Level of Repair Analysis (ILS term).$ e: S2 H2 ]# U( [6 |. j LORA Level of Repair Analysis (ILS term).5 f+ ~1 E# I) ^9 z$ Z2 v LOS (1) Line of Sight. (2) Large Optical Segment.0 E# L9 N8 p( [# @% x) I& P/ A LOTS Logistics Over-The-Shore. ! y4 x5 r& x+ g8 F; o8 T bLOW Launch on Warning.

使用道具 举报

63#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:10:47 |只看该作者
Light Replicas( p w V! v; B1 \8 z (LREP) , g: Q) i! P4 a0 ~Decoys that, by virtue of shape, closely approximate an RV’s signature with little 0 r+ r( T+ z) _1 \off-load penalty.# m4 }/ W+ Q6 r- f LIMIDIS Limited Distribution. ; U% ]+ o+ O! C. H% L! I+ @/ }MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 L- \) E4 g$ P) ?; f/ g* [ 166 , J! p" O. J9 S, i: @ Q3 d7 f& cLimited Attack An attack on the U.S. and its allies, which provides a stressing timeline, and is 3 s; j/ J4 E1 A! X; ggeographically distinct. Not an all-out attack or mass wave.( o. r: T2 Y3 g7 j8 A Limited Defense8 X1 F- }& _) b5 x. O" T System (LDS)0 d" e: R( x: H* w The development of systems, components, and architectures for a deployable: B$ L7 I7 N) t* {* K5 i9 b4 u anti-ballistic missile system (as described in section 232(a)(1) of the 1991 Missile/ j& V. Q" p: g Defense Act, as revised) capable of providing a highly effective defense of the) `7 h& A1 C9 ^6 d United States against limited ballistic missile threats, including accidental or / F* A+ L5 V3 ~+ t# G" Z- tunauthorized launches or Third World attacks, but below a threshold that would 6 `4 ?9 O3 V) p! D( I" h' mbring into question strategic stability.1 R: O! n+ d- e) z, r Limited5 ~" W+ R& `" Z8 l Operational 6 r, r- p) ]3 G: M7 J; U% x- n, vCapability (LOC)2 G' D- j+ k* D) v# J A point in time when the first set of sensors and weapons can be employed to 6 _$ A- W- ~: @6 G% h. u4 B) @% |provide a limited protection system. A# w" D* W; N& o# W/ XLimited/ D0 d. P ^) H; F Production ( Z7 F$ G) L ?The initial production of a system in limited quantity. Part of an acquisition' I. Z7 K9 Q. |. A strategy to be used in test and evaluation for verification of design maturity, 1 X1 H5 v) x8 F3 N3 j( N7 o$ w, Ymanufacturing process final proofing, and product engineering and to verify a ' Y, b' I2 s( q4 Y. ffactories capabilities prior to a decision to proceed with production. Decision - L" |; y4 t7 G5 R4 zusually made near the end of EMD or at Milestone IIIA or equivalent. (Also $ R7 ?+ o, ]9 }4 ?called Low-Rate Initial Production or Pilot Production.) ) L: j j3 | X6 P9 A/ PLimited Test9 l- @1 ?6 J7 c; i9 x3 B1 ^ Ban Treaty; Q0 c' [" ?* A The bilateral Treaty signed and ratified by the United States and the (former)$ Q* B8 |3 `, _. Y( W6 A U.S.S.R. in 1963, which prohibits nuclear tests in all locations except# I, }' x& j3 e+ O8 J5 k: h+ B& U$ Y underground, and prohibits nuclear explosions underground if they cause & d/ j( \- H$ N, ^ aradioactive debris to be present outside the territorial limits of the state under . m: p7 t9 L- Z) fwhose jurisdiction or control the test would be conducted.. H' o% k: K/ g) J# U& z- z( c" { LIN Line Item Number. ) D2 l0 X9 a* W/ G. B5 z8 U" vLinac Linear Accelerator. , h' K. i5 B, x! v0 Y% T5 sLine Item + ]* w/ l2 T, s4 M1 S: r. e0 O, D(Budget) ) v! T8 P+ v% j M: W7 TA specific program end item with its own identity (e.g., B-1B Bomber). ( g( W/ z- y. C7 nLine of Sight 9 }' f7 \) V# c a(LOS) ) i" x r _ DThe line from sensor to target necessary for the commencement of the detection, , G/ f+ R9 }+ C$ N+ a1 [- i# |acquisition, track, and identification of a target.9 \/ f7 h/ d( H- h4 A$ r; H8 Z, ~ Line Replaceable J5 L# _" W+ E6 S9 D1 X: iUnit (LRU) $ T* S1 w- D- [9 ZAn essential support item removed and replaced at field level to restore end item, H% D' M* I" r to an operationally ready condition. (Also called Weapon Replacement : J7 E( Y w5 @; X, |& z( r/ CAssembly and Module Replaceable Unit).6 b3 D* \; B. N" D Link-16 TADIL-J. : d p9 `3 Y$ h5 e7 o4 ZLink Quality 1 c6 _; y+ B+ w0 yEvaluation 8 h4 R" o6 G0 s9 i8 n" C9 SThis testing of links to create bit error estimates and monitors natural or induced) M4 c* `) ^! b+ h8 Y2 ?4 f2 | link interference. 5 h4 g4 p# D% P9 g' h, yLIP Lethality Improvement Plan.# u. A* Y. o1 S( Z; h9 r Liquid Fuel & X. C+ Y2 s/ W! ~9 z! pBooster (LFB)' ^8 w/ `; o! ~! p9 Z Target booster being developed to mate with current reentry vehicles and& E3 W! A% l, _& B emulate the short/medium range threat.# {( u5 j; z$ U, N LIS Laser Isotope Separation.' d: I+ Z6 N w( a! v d$ v, f7 S9 v LITINT Literature Intelligence. . r. y+ L5 y& [" N2 G gMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 L8 `7 P0 u8 Z% [& h+ Q) m 167 ( j0 d6 D, K9 ^4 K/ N3 k. U9 wLive Fire Test* H: ~ ]- s2 O And Evaluation ( I# f+ r+ X1 m+ L) b(LFT&E), F( N8 z: G2 Y Survivability testing and lethality testing required before full-scale production. / L1 K3 v8 [% I& i! k, kMust be conducted on ACAT I and II programs for: (a) A covered system (a 4 G% {2 x% e4 n; H) Yconventional weapon system designed to provide some degree of protection to 9 @0 M+ X! M; s* o* p9 |the user in combat); (b) a major munition or missile program; (c) a product " M$ J% y9 W; @4 G" zimprovement program that will significantly affect the survivability of a covered7 a# u4 M: e" U! x system. ! Y! J3 \% N9 {8 u# ~. |/ ^LIVEX Live Exercise.! ?* k( B$ X$ ~: P LIWA Land Information Warfare Activity. k. t" Q U( U* L; M LJ Life Jacket (BE term).3 \; L! Q6 Z3 T& a7 N LL (1) Lincoln Laboratory, Lexington, MA.' v3 l( r) m& e$ f2 h( l8 X (2) Legislative Liaison. # d- z! V8 b4 ?3 V) f" rLLM Long Lead Material.* F+ L: }9 D! W. c" a LLNL Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA. , F3 [* z8 M3 |; g; ~& @& | v2 JLLTIL Long-Lead-Time Items List (ILS term). " I5 P! u1 F0 r, [4 S1 s7 ~LLUM Low background LWIR Uniform Mercury Cadmium Teloride (HgCdTe). " `% ^& z7 _! i. h, J ]LM (1) Lockheed Martin, a defense industry contractor.7 F8 @, x, F5 a2 X: p) H (2) Logistics Manager (ILS term).

使用道具 举报

62#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:10:36 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 L $ D4 f. R* \6 K4 j5 B2 v% ]163 9 C, R* J1 t+ l4 I- eLaunch Azimuth Missile launch location measured in degrees clockwise from the local northpointing longitude line at the launch site. (USSPACECOM)2 f9 K5 p: v: _! v Launch Detection Initial indication by any one of a variety of sensors that a booster has been* d( j2 s: T1 v# P! f/ b7 X launched from some point on the surface of the earth, with initial characterization- y' V8 @, s) R0 \/ w' ]* h# Q8 M of the booster type. (USSPACECOM) : O# W9 P# a# }; m7 ~Launch Point8 h& v/ U9 j8 G* H8 @ Determination1 {6 ?; P, j; c With computer methods, uses missile track observation to estimate the point on) T0 _4 n6 N$ U5 t the earth’s surface from which the missile was launched, expressed in terms of: t4 \! B2 X6 j8 M& J circular error probable. 1 z& R2 @# X9 {; x, w3 FLaunch Under Y2 m0 v" p0 `5 v+ ^: r Attack (LUA): v2 [9 ?* I; q4 [4 g/ Y) L' q, U1 Y: } Execution by National Command Authorities of Single Integrated Operational! y' T) {# E( e. m8 R Plan forces subsequent to tactical warning of strategic nuclear attack against the ?4 f2 X/ V; B( Q1 }( o1 b United States and prior to first impact.) R) B6 N: `, n9 f. U Launch , m! q1 ~! L# `3 nVerification* Q+ ~# `6 G5 |2 b- N1 v4 m Confirmation of a detection of a booster launch by receiving a report from a 1 I6 I) Z# Y% y' g9 g: r _+ F8 Tsensor separate and independent of the sensor that initially detected a specific 3 r0 q0 F5 M; i! ~booster launch.4 t( V" G8 {/ D Layered Defense A defense that consists of several sets of weapons that operates at different 7 ~0 z Q. ~( H$ I: d3 ]phases in the trajectory of a ballistic missile. Thus, there could be a first layer , S' M; r! c. D3 I(e.g., boost phase) of defense with remaining targets passed on to succeeding & B/ U% \% H, h+ Y7 Q$ Clayers (e.g., midcourse, terminal). . }8 f5 Y3 i4 o# A" `# Qlb Pound.4 z% b' B" q& S5 E6 q' `9 \ LBL Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory, Berkeley, CA. 4 N, \1 d, q$ @8 H5 n$ FLBM Localized Battle Management/Manager(s).- |" x! Z6 Z# u n' J$ f$ Y8 l LBTS Land Based Test Site.' q! A5 ~1 O4 P8 R1 N LCC (1) See Life-Cycle Cost. (2) Launch Control Center. $ Z; l7 V- K* xLCCE (1) Life-Cycle Cost. (2) Launch Control Center. (3) Land Component4 C! e% c# u `' P. R Commander (JCS term)., x. x( \# S: m" U% b9 A LCCS Life-Cycle Contractor Support.+ p0 B3 g* T/ } LCF Launch Control Facility. . N" y+ v% Q8 {LCM (1) Life Cycle Management.; ?: o8 } e" s3 b+ _ (2) Lightweight Communications Module (USAF TelComms/Computer term). ; X0 Y; F( w2 L# X' HLCN Logistics Control Number (ILS term). 1 |& d3 l4 t- I+ }2 D: }LCOM Logistics Composite Model. % w# z- U, q* z, V- i! g# H0 n. BLCN Logistics Control Number (ILS term).5 D4 s& T, l* _# F LCS Laser Crosslink System. ( D4 [6 h* s; u# h v$ t7 [2 tLDC Less Developed Country. b( ]4 t) l7 a4 @* dLDS (1) Layered Defense System. (2) Lexington Discrimination System. (3) Limited 1 A& T0 W1 ^7 |- RDefense System.8 j% Z) {8 u5 @9 h9 [+ S* k MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 L0 h' a$ `5 [, e6 _) `# u" Z 164 8 f6 x! R) Y" ^LE Lethality Enhancer (PAC-3). / J! u& E: p6 V E: J0 `Lead Component/' \4 {8 C! G- j& z- ~# y Service2 h+ m" R/ I9 T/ ] The DoD Component designated by SECDEF to be responsible for management ' s4 v( i* `- V8 d; u3 l5 pof a system acquisition involving two or more DoD Components in a joint+ M' y) x4 o. X8 }* ] program.7 H0 c3 K5 s3 w# @ LEAF Law Enforcement Access Field. % i9 D) F" D, T8 g8 m% m/ Q* J$ oLeakage The allowable threat objects passing through a BMD system expressed as a- ^! x" C/ L; c, b percentage of the threat. To ensure overall system performance, permitted 4 g" Q% J) ?, Q1 n# Jleakage is “budgeted” among individual BMD phases and functions.2 t+ M/ s3 z3 ]3 r" P Leakage (Max) The maximum allowable threat objects passing through a BMD system expressed - @4 J8 [4 {& x; b7 H: ^* ias a percentage of the design-to threat. To ensure overall system performance, ( K& v8 Q& u1 H1 ^7 Apermitted leakage is “budgeted” among individual BMD phases and functions.* `1 P5 p/ z. Q/ P9 l; v; H* x) A. X LEAP Lightweight Exoatmospheric Projectile.) ]5 ]* g3 o- l# A- X LEASAT Leased Satellite. ' ?6 ?# q5 C- C: ]7 `2 FLeast Privilege This principle requires that each subject in a system be granted the most ; I+ ?( N8 |( nrestrictive set of privileges (or lowest clearance) needed for the performance of 2 \+ ~. o* _ ?6 C' V' _authorized tasks. The application of this privilege limits the damage that can ) R; u' w1 @; {$ w1 Q' y% X5 \: [result from accident, error, or unauthorized use. ! D4 O1 ^8 d, K+ n; z% jLED (1) Low Endoatmospheric Defense. (2) Light Emitting Diode.) e) J/ f; a5 a- ~ LEDI Low Endoatmospheric Defense Interceptor. 9 [$ s! K6 R0 S8 ]$ o4 uLEDS (1) Low Endoatmospheric Defense System. * X$ m. v( ?& k/ M" y4 h& Z(2) Link Eleven Display System (USN term).; X2 d6 h* i+ u# m8 t! J LEI Low Endoatmospheric Interceptor.7 c2 P8 P3 F9 h( A2 L ?& O+ C LEIP Link Eleven Improvement Program (USN term). 3 ~! h+ m1 B Y5 bLEL Low Energy Laser. + K6 e, g( g i* n) A. T* S+ ~0 A; qLELWS Low Energy Laser Weapon System. / Y% q' r) s# j/ N* \* `4 LLEM Logistics Element Manager (ILS term). 9 n5 z( p l$ ?3 kLEO Low Earth Orbit.5 c4 ^% D- Q8 a" c LETS LWIR Environment and Threat Simulation. - C Q& ^' n: F2 c) R/ k) yLevel of Effort) B9 ?1 D( m6 D4 ` (LOE)& s( `9 y1 g6 ? P- N% N& k Effort of a general or supportive nature that does not produce definite end # U* I" Z0 `; f1 r2 pproducts or results, e.g. contract man-hours.6 s; b& q- K9 f' R% s& G Leverage (1) The advantage gained by boost-phase intercept, when a single booster 1 g z G s* nkill may eliminate many RVs and decoys before they are deployed. This1 b8 P6 N# W6 G+ V4 L could provide a favorable cost-exchange ratio for the defense and would, U3 s$ L- T* A$ p reduce stress on later tiers of the SDS.8 ^6 l) g8 t) i7 }/ p" O5 |* c (2) In general, the power to act or influence to attain goals. & K- C- u6 u$ ]8 W, u8 g' L9 ULF (1) Landing Force. (2) Low Frequency. 1 @' T- d* u9 K5 L) S: ]MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 L; _/ L" _ M1 _9 Z8 f 165 0 c, ^) i+ T* W$ q3 [ v0 sLFIE Live Flight Integration Exercise.7 P/ {5 p3 ~( k LFOV Limited Field of View. - P1 e- ^! a' B, N. n- r2 ?LFS Loral Federal System, Gaithersburg, MD. " S& y2 L$ z+ r, |5 [. R) q6 [; ]5 ULFT&E Live Fire Test and Evaluation.# i. j' @- g& g LGB Laser Guided Bomb.3 A4 T5 s7 L+ |& W LGM (1) Laser Guided Missile.& s8 E" r. U- E (2) Loop Group Multiplexer.5 G* V! ]7 M* F2 X3 Z LGSM Light Ground Station Module (USA CECOM term).' q* j8 y2 h3 y( d LHO Amphibious Assault Ship.7 I+ f# A# P% \9 k8 x* G Li Lithium. / e) n- s2 t! M% m* uLIC Low Intensity Conflict. ! V5 d! s% R0 \4 Q: u% x6 YLIDAR Light Detection and Ranging. / o4 i B1 B9 l& {: ?Life Cycle (1) The total phases through which an item passes from the time it is initially2 n( g) C' k0 V3 P4 v" `$ V developed until the time it is either consumed or disposed of as being u% ~* C' e+ n `. m) e1 iexcess to all known materiel requirements.. m5 j/ g9 Q6 ~, R (2) (Software). All the states a software or software related product passes8 d& {" L; \7 O- x/ C/ u; h through from its inception until it is no longer useful.) x* Y5 ^6 ^- B! D; W" f Life-Cycle Cost ! z. w- p. a3 k W" \( J(LCC) : l/ t0 f8 J9 Q7 ]( yThe total cost to the Government of acquisition and ownership of that system ) ^' O3 V, e0 _" U/ Cover its useful life. It includes the cost of development, acquisition, support and,1 T! S( d. B8 P7 q6 s8 T where applicable, disposal. 5 V8 Y. K$ ]( ]: D h& OLife-Cycle 9 [$ y) W% F6 O" mManagement }& ]- P- k& j Process for administering an automated information system or hardware support& |. R8 ~9 z# B( r# _ system over its whole life, with emphasis on strengthening early decisions which( X' p! g4 N& ~' A4 R1 G shape costs and utility. : D( I* q M3 w8 F& p( XLife-Cycle Model A framework containing the processes, activities, and tasks involved in the! g0 y. a9 M) V F3 `5 ~; |; l development, operation, and support of the system, spanning the life of the- y$ h# }, b& G8 w) E system from the definition of its requirements to the termination of its use. - f% [& z% n( D4 A7 Z3 O' ^Life Cycle of a8 T, _( X) @; O+ r- {& k- W Weapon System ( s# x9 l" s. e$ z9 FAll phases of the system's life including research, development, test and 6 d( {4 t) J- E9 s4 tevaluation, production, deployment (inventory), operations and support, and* H( r2 v3 X5 c- p- Y, ? disposal. ) x7 L$ W& o1 |7 p1 yLife Jacket The life support storage container for a Brilliant Pebbles singlet. The life jacket & a! K7 O5 e" }' mcontains subsystems that perform power, communications, and environmental . D: v7 A1 ?( kprotection functions.2 h) P2 G4 F( R t( E Light Detection' p `9 [6 _$ W% u6 x and Ranging 5 m5 P# V+ }% t* a(LIDAR) 1 M) M5 ~6 T- a" m+ N VA precision probing instrument used to measure concentrations of different + x9 D3 W5 B% f9 p7 k! ggasses or particulates in a given amount of atmosphere.

使用道具 举报

61#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:10:24 |只看该作者
Kinetic Kill9 ]4 j/ A5 o& \. H Vehicle ' `5 i7 o; q/ U4 n2 ?Integrated ' Y. j2 Z/ _* Y- ]6 |Technology ) x6 _) j; E/ L4 H& S: h& k* f' cExperiment 3 |. [+ H6 R& n+ U(KITE) / v0 ]6 O/ V8 l9 f, H4 eA series of test flights at WSMR to demonstrate HEDI technologies.+ @/ X# O6 ?4 m( k# n KITE (1) Kuiper Infrared Technology Experiment. (2) Kinetic Kill Vehicle Integrated % a( D7 q/ D0 ATechnology Experiment./ _2 r4 {8 ]9 Q5 w KKV Kinetic Kill Vehicle. ' P4 n3 L( l. rKKVWS Kinetic Kill Vehicle Weapon System. 2 _; w# r2 [5 l# S2 @/ l6 e% aKL Kill Level. ! S' F7 Z& i) f4 n) lKm Kilometer.2 V" c: {! f6 n# R3 `& ?. P Km/h Kilometer per hour. 2 @7 I0 u- `+ [( G+ \) k0 I0 OKm/sec Kilometer per Second. 5 T8 e# o3 M5 \2 z: v" j0 r4 HKMCC Kwajalein Mission Control Center. `. [. Q! u+ o% U KMR Kwajalein Missile Range.6 b! Y# }- N/ P0 |. h' A" D KMRSS Kwajelein Missile Range Safety System.9 O l% h& l! @+ B c- D ^ KPP Key Performance Parameters. & n! r. p+ K) e5 u. KMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 K4 b9 O+ [1 F4 Z6 E7 E 159 . l* K& O0 _ E# RKr Krypton. * \: k4 x* `: a/ O3 b3 l6 eKREMS Kiernan Reentry Measurement System.. p/ q) k6 y0 b- N* ]( ^3 B2 W- g KSC Kennedy Space Center, FL.) t t$ }" _( G. _4 C Kt Kiloton. ( K7 F; Y- t' v* R3 n$ tKTF Kauai Test Facility, Barking Sands, HI.: P) X" P/ \5 M9 [ KTP (1) Key Technical Partner. (2) Key Test Partner (3) Key Technical Parameters. L4 Z J$ V H- U+ `: | Kts Knots.( V: y, y& X3 P7 k; X KV Kill Vehicle. 1 B) L4 }( C! W: g5 L% d$ l* pkw Kilowatt. & c4 X1 r: Y L2 N% J" ]0 e& fKW Kinetic Warhead. / W7 M$ u* u% T; p. U% RMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 L 7 @% w7 ?$ [; Z7 z6 z" o161* |( C9 {/ } j$ S$ p L&TH Lethality and Target Hardening.8 E5 P: X4 L* K L1SS Level 1 System Simulator.; g. Q+ A& l: k" ^ L2SS Level 2 System Simulator - NTF. $ q# D5 o$ p" X( x9 A, R# qLAA Limited Access Area.; }! R1 C5 u6 @) s LAAD Low Altitude Air Defense. ) v# `3 F1 n$ dLAAFB Los Angeles Air Force Base, CA. 6 Z( Q. x2 {# ILABCOM Laboratory Command. 0 I: F+ ? q8 a1 q0 ALABM Local Area Battle Manager. , \, H/ M+ O# w/ R9 H4 C. B8 LLABP Look Ahead Battle Planner# w' o% |. M6 N+ r+ P7 a( _ LAC Low Authority Control./ Z9 F) t* {* M) e LACE Laser Atmospheric Compensation Experiment (an SDIO/NRL satellite launched0 b- P C. o0 c6 Q) p February 1990 and turned off July 1993). ' c& n; d/ m8 ALACM Land Attack Cruise Missile.5 H8 F; E* ~) g* z: {+ T/ i ]; b+ u LADAR Laser Detection and Ranging.' n: I& r: N* F) s& k9 ~; T Laddering Down A hypothetical technique for overcoming a terminal phase missile defense.& B+ I1 A7 t- h m5 c. _4 d Successive salvos of salvage-fused RVs attack. The detonations of one salvo3 B; n1 `6 x9 T; I disable local ABM abilities so that following salvos are able to approach the+ N8 q- R6 r$ R9 `' v$ _ n target more closely before being, in turn, intercepted. Eventually, by repeating + d/ ~, o& F |6 i N% [3 B" p3 athe process, the target is reached and destroyed.8 P6 @0 ]6 J# A. f LADL Lightweight Air Defense Launcher (USA TBMD term). 8 S2 \/ n3 X8 Y5 BLADS Low Altitude Demonstration System. q$ n- y4 E; ~0 }% G, ZLAFB Langley AFB, VA. , |3 e$ N1 ]1 h; r8 O8 [LAMP Large Advanced Mirror Program.3 t, g: C/ {! O1 P* Y LAN Local Area Network. ! R& H" l! V% M3 @; P+ O& [- JLandsat Land Satellite (NASA program’s satellite). : R3 D" w1 J# v( U: ^LANL Los Alamos National Laboratory, NM. 5 l1 c) G4 o, d! I! wLANTRINS Low Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared Night System.2 D5 L" q+ e) P( E3 o# a LAO Limited Attack Option.! u/ h! b+ i! O LAPL Lead Allowance Parts List (Navy term). % |. H; w! s: W# x, [9 C( k3 [LARC Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA. , {+ Q$ u8 ], ^/ G' y. o& pMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 L4 A2 ~4 p2 y2 E$ { 162 . X ?( V e0 W/ v/ oLarge Optics The technology of constructing and employing mirrors over 1 m aperture to direct- R7 k' R7 o9 k9 S9 ^! q and control high power beam weapons/systems with large coverage, or to+ h( l/ p0 J) g& ^( s( T provide high resolution or high sensitivity for detection and/or imaging. 6 [" `/ c3 e1 x$ {# Z8 HLASA Large Aperture Seismic Array. . V w4 ^, g Z7 J% M# t) V! ELasant A material that can be stimulated to produce laser light. Many materials can be, E6 U7 J* m3 x used as lasants; these can be in solid, liquid, or gaseous form (consisting of8 ^9 ~3 ~7 F5 z molecules including excimers or atoms) or in the form of plasma (consisting of. Z. _7 i" O5 N0 W" @8 ` ions and electrons). Lasant materials useful in high energy lasers include carbon * `- h3 @) b# w$ I$ l3 Vdioxide, carbon monoxide, deuterium fluoride, hydrogen fluoride, iodine, xenon ) j: Z3 G7 L: T f5 N' ]) P- I4 kchloride, krypton fluoride, and selenium, to mention but a few.9 q/ Z; J. J* U1 V LASE LIDAR Acquisition and Sizing Experiment. 6 C c7 w( R C& l% V' qLaser An active electron device that converts input power into a very narrow, intense + Y G8 _6 N9 r$ f( Qbeam of coherent visible or infrared light; the input power excites the atoms of an # s7 O, ]5 L7 e: loptical resonator to a higher energy level, and the resonator forces the excited 4 y6 t* W a1 O9 Q0 |* u: Matoms to radiate in phase. Derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated( }9 K/ q6 C& z# A0 r* c- u Emission of Radiation and classified from Class I - Class IV according to its $ U0 |; [, u2 ?) F8 {potential for causing damage to the eye. , z/ t+ v% G) s+ Y" {Laser Designator A device that emits a beam of laser energy to mark a specific place or object.0 [2 C& L1 P) |1 V a! } Laser Detection, a, ~5 h3 D( k5 T and Ranging $ K& Z2 @' W( ~* D1 `(LADAR) K, v* B& X1 u3 m. }1 JA technique analogous to radar, but which uses laser light rather than radio or . o% S& o3 q. Kmicrowaves. The light is bounced off a target and then detected, with the return, p% _1 Y# |% `9 Y& b beam providing information on the distance and velocity of the target. : ?2 U" R+ z9 g: y- eLaser Guided w3 X2 |% L4 n$ [* Y( Z Weapon 7 ^) S# R& F5 L% }6 Q4 [/ {A weapon that uses a seeker to detect laser energy reflected from a laser 7 C+ m& i J8 Y* y3 Q {marker/designated target and, through signal processing, provides guidance % B! l. N* Q! e- s/ Y- f: h- Rcommands to a control system. The control system then guides the weapon to r# }9 B) c" c% b the point from which the laser energy is being reflected.) b% K! M" P4 V5 Q7 F) D2 x Laser Imaging m6 f- Q" D4 c6 l. g% j9 JRadar, g* |. H' n+ v: Y. m A technology whereby a laser beam can be used in a way similar to the use of a 3 L2 f: |! p* J* S. r4 I9 Fradar beam to produce a high-quality image of an object./ G2 ~5 S$ G" q: }+ _) `! w, a! v Laser Optics Technology associated with the use and control of laser beams with flux greater2 F% q6 i5 O% b9 n0 e( P4 t! V" ^- Q than 1 watt/cm2. : I5 D' }% }& b5 @Laser Seeker A device based on a direction sensitive receiver that detects the energy reflected 8 V9 F9 M, d( Rfrom a laser designated target and defines the direction of the target relative to + h% z7 T9 Z, H+ }" |the receiver. See also laser guided weapon. ) w: L7 @0 y, y$ g4 e* w& ULaser Target 0 X8 ` b8 G0 _ X# tDesignating; c, x: d. x. `; O5 h System1 r4 s- M' {4 E6 U A system that is used to direct (aim or point) laser energy at a target. The % V, c; D7 D/ K7 t K$ x( Jsystem consists of the laser designator or laser target marker with its display and 3 V8 s. h3 W( e5 M) Scontrol components necessary to acquire the target and direct the beam of the 5 y0 C- c2 e0 r5 }& Q6 z6 Qlaser energy thereon. 4 F0 N0 X1 B) j2 M+ ?( nLaser Tracker A device that locks on to the reflected energy from a laser marked/designated& p' l, T, F9 h and defines the direction of the target relative to itself. 5 R2 x) _+ m- v: OLaser Weapons Devices, such as photon generators, which produce a narrow beam of coherent$ C2 j6 a5 z& l( L radiated power greater than 1 MW. 4 R3 ~& y) y. Y1 R7 T/ M NLASERCOM Laser Communications.( m Z! _" K' S! G4 B& g LATS Long Wave Infrared Advanced Technology Seeker/Sensor.

使用道具 举报

60#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:10:12 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 J / B+ w3 W* \5 W" P3 J1 P7 P( I155; j' u; A# g8 e7 g JROC Joint Requirements Oversight Council. % t. J- }* F9 e N5 x, [JROC SSG JROC Strategic Systems Group. : u- _5 d+ J) g$ Y8 b; aJRSC Jam Resistant Secure Communications. - Q: g3 e" Q* }; n# nJRTC Joint Readiness Training Center. + `0 ?* o6 {* ^ x: \& LJS Joint Staff.! s$ d1 _) I% |' N$ c JS&MDWC Joint Space and Missile Defense Warfare Center. # `2 I3 @+ o6 J+ L6 y( [# }. YJSC (1) Joint Security Commission. (2) Joint Steering Committee (French/US term). % ]( q7 m2 D9 @& x5 m# SJSCP Joint Strategic Capabilities Plan. . [/ K- Y% J7 y6 \( x& E8 vJSEAD Joint Suppression of Enemy Air Defense (Joint Forces term).4 l o, i! m" \: h8 S; `0 }& a f JSET (1) Joint System Engineering Team (MDA/USN term). 7 [3 o A* v. w0 Q# j( L6 w(2) Joint Service Evaluation Team. 7 | a/ s1 }8 a y& cJSF Joint Strike Fighter (USAF, USN, USMC, UK RAF project).# m, C5 x n6 S a8 C JSIC Joint SPACECOM Intelligence Center.: r/ C* Y0 J( q# e* B: v JSIPS Joint Service Imagery Processing System (TelComms/Computer term).2 ~9 v% d( k6 r9 p' W* D& I JSMB Joint Space Management Board.+ w, M! E+ t } JSOC Joint Special Operations Command.: h& h3 t0 S" i3 q) L/ k" P JSOR Joint Services Operating Requirement. f. k- y6 ^0 c' k c JSPD Joint Strategic Planning Document.( O& `( G5 d4 m) s' \ JSPS Joint Strategic Planning System. _* B4 i# W5 h! b" N JSS Joint Surveillance System.* e8 b3 [0 d: h JSST Joint Space Support Team. - h R$ z- l, h$ I# P6 P8 r, i, eJSTARS Joint Surveillance and Target Attack Radar System.; g$ J; u1 p4 h' r- ? JSTPS Joint Strategic Target Planning Staff.* M0 \- u/ n' }& f+ u% o4 g! {5 ] JT (1) Joint Test (2) Joint Targeting ; u0 r1 I$ r4 Q @JT&E Joint Test and Evaluation. 2 X9 O) j' }, E0 d" P) O+ RJTA Joint Technical Architecture (JCS term). 9 o/ d+ D6 Z4 S1 g, t$ B- pJTAGS Joint Tactical Ground Station.5 X2 f! i5 n$ T+ P4 s7 K JTAMDO Joint Theater Air and Missile Defense Organization. # F9 D( i1 Y- z1 `% p5 s+ g1 dJTASC Joint Training Analysis and Simulations Center. - s7 k" K, T; H* B8 P/ y6 Z( IMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 J$ Z+ H" y1 W6 V 156 " i' z: r' j1 T8 L1 t' Q. d! eJTB JFACC (Afloat) Targeting Board (JFACC term). S# w% n- I( d; V5 j) y% j+ C JTBP Joint Theater Battle Picture.! A1 u/ |- ]* o2 }9 a JTCB Joint Targeting Coordination Board (JFACC term).5 u1 C9 r' o" b1 K4 h JTE Joint Targeting Element (JFACC term).& {, f6 j/ S5 L0 _+ C+ o. k JTF Joint Task Force. . `% f0 q! b- Z) @JTFEX Joint Task Force Exercise. % X. L1 n& [% h) x, Z6 [/ FJTIDS Joint Tactical Information Distribution System. & v( A% P) F+ w* lJTL Joint Target List." r8 m! s c+ I% Z JTMD Joint Theater Missile Defense.3 B$ A4 F( @$ z4 i. [ JTMDP Joint Theater Missile Defense Plan.& B- w9 d5 N9 u3 s) X3 ~ JTPO Joint Terminal Project Office [of MILSTAR Comms Sys].# q' F3 L% J% ^! w3 P, W6 { JTOC Joint Targets Oversight Council./ q0 m6 ^2 | A% r& K4 @. Y JTR Joint Travel Regulations. 3 o5 c2 _1 ]/ ?! n2 b% ?% h4 k7 xJTRP Joint Telecommunication Resources Board. $ r; } j/ q/ Z& i/ eJTSG Joint Targeting Steering Group (JFACC term). - l, ^# W9 S5 S* P8 p2 yJTT Joint Tactical Terminal.* t# b7 h6 z6 }2 V- M( L JTTP Joint Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures. 3 n1 ?; N& B/ w. RJVX Joint Services Advanced Vertical Lift Aircraft. 7 h8 L! }% X/ L1 P2 b! I0 ]JWAN Joint Wide Area Net. + O1 R2 z! T7 e) \$ DJWARS Joint Warfighting System 9 computer model). 0 K$ }$ I' f3 m T; B& v3 x1 PJWC Joint Warfare Center.& x& r; N' k* _( e( [ JWG Joint Working Group. 8 u+ ?' T2 _ W4 R% e; f, t+ f& iJWICS Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications Network. 7 w+ d- }( H' s# l, }* f2 ^3 n% jJWID Joint Warrior Interoperability Demonstration7 k# ` j" V. c0 g4 B( I, L$ n JWSTP Joint Warfighting Science and Technology Plan., r" |4 q( ]" I f# X0 p# o MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 K9 a. W( [* R% _3 ? 1570 S ^% ]# m4 i K (1) Kelvin. (2) Kilo. ; }' A" _5 z; M) \0 r: t$ CK Factor The relative measure of a sensor’s ability to distinguish one object from another. 1 p: Z( E0 L( q1 U uTheoretically (but not in practice) it is the distance between the mean locations of! G6 [) z8 W& [* r+ v two observed objects given normal distributions and standard deviations for both + U8 c) j. |# |8 Aobjects.% U6 H- G- C$ E9 o KA Kill Assessment. & A5 m/ X1 M; s* h# l# ]- n8 M) J8 @KAPP Key Asset Protection Program.& q# u4 b O' | h KB Kilobyte. / M/ x& s- h. V/ WKbps Kilobyte per second.6 k5 L+ E+ p7 G4 C KBS Knowledge Based System (UKMOD). 5 S$ g5 y& z* n# ?+ BKBSF Knowledge Based Sensor Fusion.. K0 M, v7 g( H. n KDEC Kinetic Energy Weapon Digital Emulation Center, Huntsville, AL.& i9 F5 n4 V/ h! u& k5 O5 d' b+ i9 l KDS Kwajalein Discrimination System. , u0 U2 G4 b4 r7 f v3 s4 d; ?KE See Kinetic Energy. |) q1 W$ I5 VKE ASAT Kinetic Energy Anti-Satellite Weapon.; U8 Z# t6 a. y1 J6 w1 U$ \3 M KED Kill Enhancement Device. % M6 }6 Y! ~& e# P# FKeep-Out Zone A volume around a space asset, which is off limits to parties not owners of the 3 v7 A% P5 Z+ H# m( u* j7 Dasset. Keep-out zones could be negotiated or unilaterally declared. The right to ) D6 w5 K7 C/ O: }4 \defend such a zone by force and the legality of unilaterally declared zones ' m% R8 b% f6 q- w+ qunder the Outer Space Treaty remain to be determined. 1 W5 K% ^: M. W6 ^KEI Kinetic Energy Intercept. 5 }' Z8 ^( b3 d% E' I0 E1 E7 BKENN Statistical pattern recognition tool. ( _6 d7 J0 |6 PKEV Kinetic Energy Vehicle. / G, y0 g) b% R j0 WKEW Kinetic Energy Weapon.7 g( w& R) ?3 e9 z KEWC Kinetic Energy Weapon, Chemical (propulsion)." v4 p" S6 O, l, H8 [ KEWE Kinetic Energy Weapon, Electromagnetic (propulsion).! }3 H) V) x, U' k* n KEWG Kinetic Energy Weapon, Ground.' r/ A4 n3 w* O& d E KEWO Kinetic Energy Weapon, Orbital. ) a+ v1 |. J6 L6 U2 @Key A type of dataset used for encryption or decryption. In cryptography, a * s; s1 V. ?' U" F* nsequence of symbols that controls the operations of encryption and decryption. 0 {6 I4 ]& b$ B# \, FKg Kilogram.* `8 m( a& y: J$ E" ?: F* n7 G! x3 D KHILS Kinetic Kill Vehicle Hardware in-the-Loop Simulator, Eglin AFB, FL. * a/ i' U b+ b& x. ]7 v. I4 `3 gMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 K 0 g6 n& p3 ~% O5 ?, z% V158 - E e0 }& d7 @5 s2 S J4 nKHIT Kinetic Kill Vehicle Hardware Integrated Test. # q; k. o! ?3 y9 k8 zKIDD Kinetic Impact Debris Distribution. 3 t! b/ V5 c! J* \: yKill Assessment + m; ^" l4 O. U. \. F2 y(KA) % L0 U' [% N- V2 a; {/ {! rAn evaluation of information to determine the result of a ballistic missile/RV: P! k- q( ?' M% d intercept for the purpose of providing information for defense effectiveness and 6 M# V2 ^4 V1 nre-engagements. (USSPACECOM) * @' Z$ B W2 q' o1 c, p; hKill Enhancement$ D) X; O# A: l: m3 Q! l$ E Device 1 o) |) ]; `: SA device that improves an interceptor’s lethality.' l8 B; [8 c& D! y" O' z1 W Kinematic8 i' w) F" i7 k' @ Battlespace 3 m7 X* u& [3 CThe planned engagement region in space of an interceptor given the sensor( u+ o( D$ n* X8 ? timeline, kinematic capabilities of the interceptor, engagement timeline, and( G0 i L6 {7 r6 z* V operational constraints.4 m, x1 x( U0 i& ^# d K Kinetic Energy 4 N+ A: l$ w! [, w! C(KE)$ ?" P* A( h+ a+ F( Q, C The energy from the momentum of an object, i.e., an object in motion.2 M O- E* s7 q7 V9 s; d% V Kinetic Energy # h" J/ h+ i, k! T9 {! `; V' VWeapon (KEW) 6 X% t& A" e ]' t3 i6 V* AA weapon that uses kinetic energy, or energy of motion to kill an object.3 n& ~$ q+ F. Y Examples of weapons, which use kinetic energy, are a rock, a bullet, a nonexplosively armed rocket, and an electromagnetic rail gun.: D$ A& T7 Y! E% y Kinetic Kill/ V }) w8 l& O4 n4 D( @, W8 ? Vehicle (KKV)* L5 P9 O- m1 I7 F+ h) ]6 w6 Q A weapon using a non-explosive projectile moving at very high speed to destroy0 k- K3 q9 I/ ^# |5 j# H5 q a target on impact. The projectile may include homing sensors and on-board6 v( \9 l* x( _: K" {# G/ o rockets to improve its accuracy, or it may follow a preset trajectory (as with a shell - g1 b2 M* G7 o3 H8 Elaunched from a gun).

使用道具 举报

59#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:09:59 |只看该作者
(Former NTF)7 e" ~9 R1 ^: X Joint Operational V4 ]) P; ]% _! v Planning and, r; `* V- x# i Execution $ Y6 x+ o; j* s* u. o* O: u! @1 d, O. ?System (JOPES)) P0 D( N$ e2 \$ A3 g/ Y' _" D- L A continuously evolving system that is being developed through the integration % i5 O( x) m7 e, w6 q5 o& Pand enhancement of earlier planning and execution systems: Joint Operation o+ F) {' F) f+ E Planning System and Joint Deployment System. It provides the foundation for- M; D' J0 y9 L7 h2 {9 _ S conventional command and control by national and theater level commanders9 J# o* W1 l- ^ and their staffs. It is designed to satisfy their informational needs in the conduct 8 z: E! w2 e) L) g4 ~8 ~of joint planning and operations. JOPES includes joint operation planning I5 P" u9 R. [3 y7 k' ]+ Q) { policies, procedures, and reporting structures supported by communications and, T6 L& m; v% y" G automated data processing systems. JOPES is used to monitor, plan, and & W# j+ q" T! x; T iexecute mobilization, deployment, employment, and sustainment activities & z5 [5 ~' K y- y3 u2 z. L* dassociated with joint operations. 1 Q) _* W2 u! R$ c* ]MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 J2 v/ t0 j% C3 `1 t6 r7 U* u 153 7 i4 j& T( H8 a" S: a& `. Z6 l8 AJoint Operating 1 k# X5 L. i+ e o; w: k/ q) wProcedures3 e% j4 E8 j7 e$ ~ (JOPs) $ r+ t" Q% Y/ X9 B4 oThese documents identify and describe detailed procedures and interactions ' K& l8 @3 v- _+ g4 [7 x* l" z& ynecessary to carry out significant aspects of a joint program. Subjects for JOPs ) K* r# u: x+ @' L* k! emay include Systems Engineering, Personnel Staffing, Reliability, Survivability,( ]. f: v5 u% c6 t7 M Vulnerability, Maintainability, Production, Management Controls and Reporting, ; h; c5 c7 a; E0 s& TFinancial Control, Test and Evaluation, Training, Logistics Support, Procurement% J9 G! N5 r/ B$ k; |7 G& e# w and Deployment. The JOPs are developed and negotiated by the Program + W/ c+ H. |* q* d& K& |Manger and the participating Services. 9 J1 E$ c$ I! ?- @Joint Operations / k& y3 x+ o, K* H& J, @9 {+ Y5 F/ ZArea 4 g0 Y- [7 w2 l6 F" ?That area of conflict in which a joint force commander conducts military5 q$ [# c0 k+ ^( x) Q7 M) A operations pursuant to an assigned mission and the administration incident to( B) A ^$ P2 M! i7 _ such military operations. Also called JOA. , y0 r2 l2 w( c& W8 M/ dJoint Program Any defense acquisition system, subsystem, component, or technology program' D+ z, h+ `3 k that involves formal management or funding by more than one DoD Component * C& f* O% }6 [7 e$ l- |7 C( Y7 ~during any phase of a system’s life-cycle., g* C7 h1 O4 Q Joint3 `; c! l ?" s6 I$ h" {/ n: X Requirements- J: ]+ W9 E4 ~" d% y& O Oversight ) |7 K2 G, y$ [2 i3 D3 gCouncil (JROC)( p5 a S3 Q( p- j$ n+ t" U7 d A council, chaired by the Vice Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, that conducts 0 |3 o% B* m8 ~3 Lrequirements analyses, determines the validity of mission needs and develops8 l! P& h& s' h3 y! R recommended joint priorities for those needs it approves, and validates ; V3 a9 Y z/ T8 y& J: n* T! {1 aperformance objectives and thresholds in support of the Defense Acquisition' D1 M* X% s: i6 P6 @4 T, Z Board. Council members include the Vice Chiefs of the Army, Navy, and Air / M! q$ y* V5 hForce, and the Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps.( @ i* q' g+ D7 z- a Joint SPACECOM ' v* L- X. V- r" I! pIntelligence ' r# @: h* r0 Z2 Y# n u. \/ fCenter (JSIC) & W2 U/ _0 [4 W% i$ FA USSPACECOM Intelligence Center responsible for producing operational& V* R( d+ C( C _" K6 k3 O intelligence for USSPACECOM missions and for space intelligence production for1 ^ l/ L' e1 X0 C+ k the DoD and intelligence community. Delegated Space Intelligence production 4 d* o6 l/ n7 U1 H( p% `1 Bincludes: Space Order of Battle (OB), Space Object Identification (SOI), and( f* r. ^# J r" Y Satellite Reconnaissance Advance Notices (SATRAN). Located at CMAFB.5 J8 l9 y6 H# G5 N Joint Strategic e( B- b6 l. SDefense Planning - i3 E) `+ V0 @9 o! u' ?4 y i8 `! qStaff (JOSDEPS) 0 e$ Z' H, f* V, zA special staff located at USSPACECOM Headquarters responsible for7 g- S' e; C1 z2 Y integrated strategic defense planning and for integration of strategic defensive 6 Q( n& v; [* m @and strategic offensive operations. The USCINCSPACE serves as Director, Joint 1 s6 H( a, y; l2 S/ LStrategic Defense Planning Staff." i" d* B$ ^7 T" q+ b% I Joint Strategic' n* }- `4 m5 Y9 g+ o Target Planning% ?8 |4 V& A0 i: L. a! h Staff (JSTPS) & g, ~; w3 x- \8 E! rA JCS organization located at Offutt AFB responsible for planning, developing,2 P' _2 v( M a! e" s/ {$ C coordinating, and producing the Single Integrated Operations Plans (SIOP). % U0 B0 A: ^. a% ]9 X) o0 Y% ZAlso responsible for producing the National Strategic Target List (NSTL). The/ K3 L7 H" ?9 ^3 h; N- G$ s Commander in Chief, USSTRATCOM is also the Director, Joint Strategic Target . y, O3 I/ p; A; `5 v' dPlanning Staff.; u3 ?! T; D5 A4 ]1 t; |0 D Joint , A; O+ ^) b1 W! ?/ J" xSuppression of x( Q9 V! e! Z" G' @& v Enemy Air: R) x8 f; n- q) t K! s4 M# ~ Defense" H2 x* k6 N) q0 u( F A broad term that includes all suppression of enemy air defenses activities; g0 U V$ v$ I provided by one component of the joint force in support of another. Also called7 A/ i8 J1 i, V( d J-SNEAD.; W% Z: g3 z ]4 d Joint Tactical # |% Z4 U; a% q) v& nInformation; {0 i2 |. H1 V# J9 ^ Distribution3 X+ N" P2 C' u System (JTIDS) % I: b" A0 ?. L; S! sA joint service, jam-resistant, secure communications system that permits the0 E" m" S4 u3 j# v4 p G6 N3 I interchange of essential tactical information between aircraft, surface vessels,! v# d3 J# n% Y' m% o$ y7 Y i2 V3 t5 m" a and mobile or fixed-base land stations.5 w) \8 }) z8 B$ J& `( C( I Joint Tactics, , N5 X( ^/ s5 O1 B. g0 f& YTechniques, and% r" _- K! x3 y# b% Q' A- ` Procedures 7 b% T: @$ \- z. E& j1 R. i9 [(JTTP)4 l) z" E5 \+ h0 s* ?" g The actions and methods, which implement joint doctrine and describe how- q7 D f2 c1 s forces will be employed in joint operations. The Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, 5 G" w1 S1 o; i0 u4 N# Z; z! a/ {promulgates them in coordination with the combatant commands, Services and 3 I9 }# L/ K9 r# d- [; F1 F) x6 J4 r1 ?Joint Staff. Also called JTTP. * C. K7 ~' ?8 r0 A, jMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 J : R. K0 w7 e# @1 c9 U6 R1546 q3 w! I2 y3 S1 H- y& | Joint Test and1 c: A% G+ l1 [ Evaluation `) C5 W. m5 S; fT&E conducted jointly by two or more DoD components for systems to be6 C1 Q) {3 l/ D% o acquired by more than one component or for a component's systems which have 1 U" ?: J, q6 B6 s: ?- @/ w A' w# yinterfaces with equipment of another component. 0 l9 @1 P$ u% ^( _, VJoint Test and 7 e; y9 F2 |& ?Evaluation p: Q9 J6 f* |/ XProgram 6 v1 i$ M& ~5 P2 c2 ~: S' w* B! ?An OSD program for Joint T&E, structured to evaluate or provide information on 8 J" M$ m4 Q! |! ~5 ~system performance, technical concepts, system requirements or improvements,2 e# c. g& G( Q) w systems interoperability, improving or developing testing methodologies, or for# Z7 E$ {3 x( e' H! |! M( C force structure planning, doctrine, or procedures. 7 B z( u) F$ q1 N) AJON Job Order Number.' ]% n3 q3 F; J h JOP Joint Operating Procedures.6 y( N) x3 J7 F2 Z2 s+ j JOPES Joint Operational Planning and Execution System.: l0 V6 M) ~" }, q7 A JOPS Joint Operations Planning System.5 ~& `# x- m2 ~$ W. \ JOR Joint Operational Requirements.% m/ z9 i. f" t( r Q1 d6 g/ k JORD Joint Operational Requirements Document.4 O! i, _3 B5 z$ {, K- a JOSDEPS Joint Strategic Defense Planning Staff.8 u/ S, F0 j; d8 e5 h4 R/ H$ j JOSS JTF Operational Support System (JIEO term). ; T7 d4 S8 r* d3 d- R. G0 A- I% ~JOTS Joint Operational Tactical System (USN term). ( Q! F" _: s6 n/ Z/ Z" H0 qJP Joint Publication. 4 s$ Y) L) k U, s8 e1 p. ]1 V! jJPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA.8 F' e) }2 j2 B( H8 A4 ]) c+ } JPM Joint Program Manager./ L1 H7 t% g4 \% V- D JPN Joint Planning Net., }7 G; U2 b6 i: \. A- Z JPO Joint Program Office. ' u. z* k9 x/ ]JPOC Joint Program Optic Cobra. + l. b9 _9 }. _3 p7 v0 yJPOI Joint Project -- Ornate Impact$ c& V, j# ?* ^6 a9 r' q4 I JPON Joint Project -- Optic Needle.: @! u1 Z: \, P7 y) \+ y JPRN Joint Precision Reporting Net.8 Q$ ]6 h. N+ y- q4 G JPSD Joint Precision Strike Demonstration. - b6 Q9 u( ~( M* M t* w; i; FJPT Joint Planning Tool. . k- a$ J! ^7 I/ ZJRB Joint Review Board (JROC term)., S: V, u* ?8 a JRC Joint Reconnaissance Coordinator (JFACC term).9 I; Z* t( z+ D( L JRCC Joint Rescue Coordination Center (JFTF term).! ~+ f6 ^- u5 B+ D4 P7 O+ ]/ I JRMB Joint Resources Management Board.

使用道具 举报

58#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:09:47 |只看该作者
JCS Joint Chiefs of Staff (US. % b7 e0 b( |2 sJCSM Joint Chiefs of Staff Memorandum.8 ~9 o* N, z! t JCTN Joint Composite Tracking Network.* `) x! [1 l. E3 J JDA Japan Defense Agency. ! L2 t8 C+ U: ?JDAM Joint Direct Attack Munitions (USAF B1-B weapon). % S7 \2 C9 [) Y( Y: BJDC (1) Joint Doctrine Center. (2) Joint Deployment Community.3 @. J K7 i* R7 c JDISS Joint Deployable Intelligence Support System.1 t W# G) Q8 V JDN Joint Data Net. ) j2 a: q$ o- ^6 _4 g1 f3 }& \8 |JEA Joint Effectiveness Analysis (formerly COEA). * |; E6 q% D, Z1 m D( bJEC Joint Economic Committee (US). ; N* A6 H, B5 J/ a! vJEIO Joint Engineering and Integration Office. * s- M! m+ f2 z' A1 h3 wMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 J, A& B$ j7 _- Z+ K5 r: g0 e 150 : _- }1 t) A3 R9 }' SJEM Joint Exercise Manual.7 L4 m6 V) y) s) w) k2 A JETTA Joint Environment for Testing, Training, and Analysis.) r6 c* V, c: c; _ JEWC Joint Electronic Warfare Center.+ u# J6 q9 h" Y4 ^/ m JEZ Joint Engagement Zone.7 ]' j- C" } C# ]' k4 O2 l JFCC Joint Forces Command Center. ; R+ J3 ?+ G9 r8 H& x- ^JFET Junction Field Effect Transistor. / s/ {$ r/ l: F+ t4 ]) |JFFC Joint Forces [Weapons] Fire Coordinator (JFACC term).3 D j9 X" a9 a, ^" k JFLC Joint Force Land Component.7 Z5 e, D: P( f" u! {6 q JFMC Joint Forces Maritime Component.+ D) ~9 e4 V1 k5 S4 H- ^# E& e JFSC Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, VA.! E3 E2 t# ~$ l& x" x JFSOC Joint Forces Special Operations Component.1 @3 H* i- \9 d8 ?1 n JG-APP Joint Group on Acquisition Pollution Prevention./ Q: A' }: V- W$ m1 p7 S JHU Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD& G& D0 _1 v/ @3 z. ~0 H JHU/APL Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, MD. & p( s% Y4 _1 a$ v5 C* IJIC (1) Joint Intelligence Center. (2) Jet Interaction Controls.7 T7 L; g- l/ v/ {6 y8 x8 g JICPAC Joint Intelligence Center, Pacific (JFACC term). $ P+ e) {1 r9 ]: X6 z5 [# d9 s0 ^# nJIEO Joint Interoperability and Engineering Organization. ) D+ M2 Z1 [/ x$ X7 X" l# GJINTACCS Joint Interoperability of Tactical Command and Control Systems.: C" G$ v5 a) P1 Y& D JIOP Joint Interface Operational Procedures.: s2 `7 f( |& z0 k! } JIOP-MTF Joint Interface Operational Procedures – Message Text Forms. 2 G5 s4 e( L( g$ |" l3 ~3 k3 BJIOPTL Joint Integrated Prioritized Target List (JFACC term). * G! @4 @$ c% Z/ D# E" PJITC Joint Interoperability Test Center. ; t% n6 T. K. {JLC Joint Logistics Commanders.2 o4 B6 T; _- e5 g1 e" W; n/ p JLOTS Joint Logistics Over-The-Shore. & D# m. f- Q- N/ \JM&S Joint Modeling and Simulation.) s2 V/ s# U1 h' L3 z JMC (1) Joint Movement Center. (2) Joint Military Command. H! O0 E5 Z* r& m% `# O$ K; X JMCCOC Joint MILSTAR Communications Control and Operations Concept.9 S9 d1 O0 b _- x# I3 o JMCIS Joint Maritime Command Information System.* b) n. U5 x d* ] MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 J * S1 Q; x5 p6 ^5 _6 @151& R, z+ W6 c! } P5 d JMDN Joint Missile Defense Network. Encompasses all mission-oriented Information0 U3 ~. X! p4 m! }$ Y6 G7 [ Technology Resources (ITR) networks, facilities and systems operated or funded 2 {! @# ]" ~; \: Y u" d0 rby MDA in support of missile defense programs and operations. A major 5 w$ [& H8 C+ P" x3 A9 |0 x' ucomponent of the JMDN is the Ballistic Missile Defense Network (BMDN),4 u4 H3 Z3 @, ~ operated by the JNTF. + o) a: m1 ^$ ~3 JJMEM Joint Munitions Effectiveness Manual.' r' P; Q4 y8 B: ~( @ JMENS Joint Mission Element Needs Statement.7 ?( c- R: {* H: I4 j. ~ JMNS Joint Mission Needs Statement. ) r. D$ v3 [' m2 y5 k- G+ z3 a5 oJMO Joint Maritime Operations. - T/ U+ r" y. G8 uJMSNS Justification for Major Systems New Start. & A" T$ |3 e; c$ e: H- _JMSWG (1) Joint Multi-TADIL Standards Working Group.& e' d7 s! D9 d% I5 x (2) Joint Interoperability Message Standards Working Group. . V" y. c# S3 d* lJNAAS JNIF Advisory and Assistance Service.! x7 O j% U5 s b P8 u; F" k JNESSY JNIC Joint National Integration Center Electronic Security System.3 |2 m! ^& [+ l/ O5 x* o: ]' W5 N1 @ JNTF OBSOLETE. See JNIC.! M( B5 X! w/ p5 V JNICOMC Joint National Integration Center Operations and Maintenance Contractor.5 c5 x! |. l9 w( s( W JNICRDC Joint National Integration Center Research and Development Contractor. 6 S0 Q$ Y. [3 [JNICUSLA Joint National Integration Center Unclassified Standalone and Laptop Access. 2 C! C- \0 c$ o% z! u/ U, T7 }% LJOB Joint Operations Board. ; T1 c& W! r% ~/ y" SJOC Joint Oversight Council.8 O6 ?) D; X; o6 \ JOCAS Job Order Cost Accounting System. 3 B3 o8 M2 x7 cJoint Activities, operations, organizations, etc., in which elements of more than one + `, g% w: i" x" l8 E9 l0 dService of the same nation participate. When all services are not involved, the % c& M( S- b& ~participating Services shall be identified, e.g., Joint Army-Navy). / c# l- W: d h) Y5 G2 ]5 j5 d. KJoint Doctrine Fundamental principles that guide the employment of forces of two or more2 N+ F; @( \- M6 o Services in coordinated action toward a common objective. It will be 6 K8 @# i! l2 N$ t: v( q, ^promulgated by the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, in coordination with the4 L7 s" J+ j% U) \ combatant commands, Services, and Joint Staff. See also Chairman, Joint 1 Y6 u8 c$ x# Q$ I+ XChiefs of Staff. / |! ~ {* F& L# }* P" RJoint Doctrine # T ]( F2 l) w/ nWorking Party( L1 Z! B" N1 U! t* Z2 n A forum to include representatives of the Services and combatant commands 6 t% N5 j) o9 x; Vwith the purpose of systematic address of joint doctrine and joint tactics, 0 ^1 X: v" V3 Z" k% ttechniques, and procedures (JTTP) issues such as project proposal examination, ; M2 |6 M" t" \. n$ p4 Uproject scope development, project validation, and lead agent recommendation." b S) n% O/ a- `7 m/ _+ n7 c The Joint Doctrine Working Party meets under the sponsorship of the Director, $ U5 x& m9 l, `Operations Plans and Interoperability. 3 g* z% I( X' @2 vJoint Electronic9 g+ K y, _3 Z% o Warfare Center# N: M, p8 s+ U" ~' s* u (JEWC)" k! _ `( l* T) W Electronic Security Command (ESC) team at Kelly AFB, TX, responsible for- T0 Q- ?( t* X; S, P investigating and locating the cause of MIJI either against satellites or ground' S, ]: J( K+ L/ u! e R% a systems.; l& o: t- c* b; h2 k+ S MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 J 3 {; ^4 T+ h' W) {- G( k152/ O8 H. H. |* g6 s& y' Y: b4 _. ? Joint Force A general term applied to a force composed of significant elements, assigned or ( Z" e% |( C! e; r- k2 W- b) Mattached, of the Army, the Navy or Marine Corps, and the Air Force, or two or' g, Z; C3 j" s! v0 E h1 C more of these Services, operating under a single commander authorized to ) d3 h c3 X% T zexercise operational control. See also Joint Force Commander.- a3 a S" u- ~' X Joint Force Air * u+ y r, Q v( x9 r" ?: JComponent ; l$ Q5 z5 c$ j, j a3 RCommander! @% [& ]9 U8 A/ B! i! H; \5 E (JFACC) Q; i# w8 C( v+ X8 u The commander within a unified command, subordinate unified command, or + n9 L5 \9 I+ e2 H2 i; x0 G+ Jjoint task force responsible to the establishing commander for making # e! O& e$ q" Y4 f% xrecommendations on the proper employment of air forces, planning and* m3 W6 v- p5 q coordinating air operations, or accomplishing such operational missions as may/ N$ D( H% S6 x# R; Y+ y% ^ be assigned. The joint force air component commander is given the authority 2 e8 F7 |' }- s, Rnecessary to accomplish missions and tasks assigned by the establishing( A; ?, }6 j7 k' K5 H) Q commander. The JFACC will normally be the commander with the 1 r, j$ U3 Y& t: n2 q# g. Ppreponderance of air forces and the requisite command and control capabilities.2 ?' G: @/ D1 v. O, X, b Joint Force$ b/ J5 }+ ~2 q3 {9 C6 c Commander 5 Z' e! N: i: ?2 C4 k(JFC) ) j, X+ h6 L8 i5 V7 r9 IA general term applied to a commander authorized to exercise combatant+ L: Y' _/ L/ Y/ ]+ n: g command (command authority) or operational control over a joint force. Also 6 v- g6 \& A3 R3 b% l% acalled JFC. & r m9 `4 F) U, O4 v, u7 g9 XJoint Force Land # o$ L6 C$ W$ Z$ g8 q9 y* \. hComponent8 J) U$ Q3 a, u3 p1 ~$ i7 ` Commander 0 I& j! |9 y+ J, {5 a9 e4 o(JFLCC)8 q! ~0 g/ b c3 Y: v% r The commander within a unified command, subordinate unified command, or . l2 k- n- c) P# E6 U: j9 G& Ljoint task force responsible to the establishing commander for making B! ]( v; k# m h recommendations on the proper employment of land forces, planning and p' t6 p, X M$ A8 ecoordinating land operations, or accomplishing such operational missions as may / @ `' b4 g" x, j1 tbe assigned. The joint force land component commander is given the authority : W/ I! @# G C- m, I1 c7 K9 b3 Unecessary to accomplish missions and tasks assigned by the establishing. J2 ^& t1 x4 p; c commander. The JFLCC will normally be the commander with the , k5 N* k7 Z3 Npreponderance of land forces and the requisite command and control8 ?0 }, i/ d P! J0 T capabilities.* s8 J8 K6 h2 a9 z Joint Force " [0 O$ v* i: R2 U/ L! pSpecial 7 a5 R( } y2 X/ J, l# n4 WOperations 4 v5 n7 E0 g7 y- [6 cComponent / n. @4 O0 W/ |Commander ! a3 \8 I3 ?: y7 n. X' v(JFSOCC)$ V1 o/ k; e" M5 C" C The commander within a unified command, subordinate unified command, or# |/ ? a: G1 E( _3 p joint task force responsible to the establishing commander for making( X$ g: B1 F& Q! J! F7 [ recommendations on the proper employment of special operations forces and ; w% S j$ ]! U- Q9 _assets, planning and coordinating maritime operations, or accomplishing such, N0 Y ^% `' S" o operational missions as may be assigned. The JFSOCC is given the authority, R1 K0 `/ V F6 U+ X& p( _& B" C necessary to accomplish missions and tasks assigned by the establishing c E( c1 Z0 M0 b2 jcommander. The JFSOCC will normally be the commander with the" `; {; f( n' L, X preponderance of special operations forces and the requisite command and / _1 j- ^/ R) d( a* M \+ lcontrol capabilities.3 A' c! y, p6 f: V Joint National% f; ~, q+ H9 c. X Test Facility 2 W7 m( f# T7 R; j: F9 x- ?; b; ^! H(JNTF) . \+ A9 b8 @# c& a0 h# q6 l: B( f; m6 LA large, modeling, simulation and test facility located on Falcon AFB in Colorado2 x# ^. Z: h4 x4 N# Q9 _: k which serves as the central control, coordinating, and computing center for the- D. P" `' o2 y" R- O" A NTB and as the primary integration and test facility of the BMD SE&I contractor.

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

Archiver|航空论坛 ( 渝ICP备10008336号 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-5 10:23 , Processed in 0.046800 second(s), 9 queries .