找回密码
 注册
搜索
楼主: 帅哥
打印 上一主题 下一主题

航空缩略语词典 [复制链接]

91#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:17:35 |只看该作者
Production6 V# _; c5 I" {$ f Acceptance Test' |/ p" W. ~& S and Evaluation' q5 ~0 p( F# C3 K! @3 B9 J T&E of production items to demonstrate that items procured fulfill the# F+ J' K0 e# ?5 Q/ H requirements and specifications of the procuring contract or agreements.2 j* y5 d- x4 l Production and 6 `- w+ m- d+ QDeployment # I! X7 i. J! @' l" yNormally the fourth phase in the acquisition process following Milestone III.. g: R" V/ s: d4 |+ E" ^8 \# y Systems are procured, items are manufactured, operational units are trained, . D8 E/ g) }5 A# R, Rand the systems are deployed. # H7 t7 C& D, d1 eProduction5 K( v, I) b! i' s Baseline 2 D/ c% c. X, D% `3 {The Acquisition Program Baseline (APB) approved at Milestone III, applicable to * Y, u) E7 @. @: xthe effort in Phase III, Production and Deployment. # t$ \. \5 L! k7 \: |8 y8 `Production0 v2 O0 I; p* Q6 G1 n Control % c# q3 X( v' @! g0 |3 g4 A+ iThe procedure of planning, routing, scheduling, dispatching, and expediting the , c" U9 P1 z4 c% z, S; ]. Aflow of materials, parts, subassemblies, and assemblies within the plant from the3 |* j5 ~1 m3 x2 g3 H6 x; s7 s- b raw state to the finished product in an orderly and efficient manner.; j/ \, {1 r2 H( e+ F9 X Production 9 Q' @/ W( m" q) nFeasibility ! d$ r$ A" n! V! CThe likelihood that a system design concept can be produced using existing3 ^# D" s5 {: D0 _3 S production technology while simultaneously meeting quality, production rate, and% ?, t3 K! e" P! E6 j8 z cost requirements.4 x z* E& w, @ Production, Y4 j4 s% N' a" A ]" \% ` Qualification Test 1 k/ x4 i3 i' p$ u# Z) h5 m p1 b4 Z(PQT)" e1 f2 ]" i$ E% } A technical test conducted post MS III to ensure the effectiveness of the s" Z; n0 R9 E, Imanufacturing process, equipment, and procedures. This testing also serves the 2 O5 J' x( q d, v0 D2 q2 Qpurpose of providing data for the independent evaluation required for materiel & \' e# Y( }4 T, t: g& O# h/ @& Yrelease so that the evaluator can address the adequacy of the materiel with1 k9 }& W& C% R ~6 D respect to the stated requirements. These tests are conducted on a number of ( o, L8 y% I+ Xsamples taken at random from the first production lot, and are repeated if the' t' H* L) I# L+ f; e+ O6 [ process or design is changed significantly, and when a second or alternative ( C% D: ]& C1 \9 ]$ @ L5 Qsource is brought on line. Program funding category -- Procurement.$ S& | [4 H5 x, l7 B: z* L Production" b. f; O5 d! T# M; S8 Z I; V/ ` Readiness 2 H, L- k5 V0 M2 ^) kThe state or condition or preparedness of a system to proceed into production. ' r' i! f9 q7 }; t4 W' O9 e$ dA system is ready for production when the producibility of the production design X8 R) v# Z5 j5 V0 C G' `" H+ |and the managerial and physical preparations necessary for initiating and . v ~( m, h- D- C* C( Q& Rsustaining a viable production effort have progressed to the point where a7 l* @3 Z2 E; D- S1 E" g# n production commitment can be made without incurring unacceptable risks that; m. T# z8 n4 S% I will breach thresholds of schedule, performance, cost, or other established " T/ v; ?8 G- Z/ Tcriteria. 5 p1 `# x* Y {2 }/ R& RProduction # B2 Y N( |# e' p$ I; ~3 bReadiness ! P- K) ]( M' I8 z& t, z- zReview (PRR) ! T# O2 s) w: sA formal examination of a program to determine if the design is ready for : U9 O/ m1 }) ^" \production, production-engineering problems have been resolved, and the + A+ Z0 q) R# g4 a5 `8 Q' B+ G5 Gproducer has accomplished adequate planning for the production phase. " t0 w. ^( u1 M) y- E: A- J- g/ QPerformed toward the end of FSD. (Defense Systems Management College)# ^" N& F3 c/ Z4 k) U Prograde Orbit An orbit having an inclination of between 0° and 90° with the object moving in an N% \/ }, U3 z" Y' V* ] easterly direction. (Retrograde Orbit.) 9 N' ?3 X% H" T. J8 s XMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P5 _- n; }# `# Z# M; I) i& D 233) c* L1 l: r4 C4 D! O- ` Program (1) A DoD acquisition program. J6 n2 \0 Q: L4 h6 R (2) As a verb, schedule funds to meet requirements and plans. ' |' _# H. |: u1 i(3) A major, independent part of a software system. 0 Y* F* q5 ]' x( V9 U0 S- `. e4 l e* _(4) A defined effort funded by RDT&E and/or procurement appropriations : [& T- x8 t$ F1 r' i4 i0 t& mwith the express objective of providing a new or improved capability in S2 E, e* E* @/ ?" Z$ {- G response to a stated mission need or deficiency.5 a% f8 p+ x/ W* o$ }3 o/ s Program & `/ L/ d5 i- i/ n& ?1 [6 DAcquisition Cost, u0 ~* L; p5 p* v4 b6 h8 z The estimated cost of development (RDT&E), procurement, and system specific 9 b5 o; s, {0 ?military construction (MILCON) necessary to acquire the defense system. RDT&E : E7 y: [( {6 }0 a9 l6 Mcosts shall be accumulated from the point in time when the DoD acquisition $ Q6 |# E' L1 g% G! dprogram is designated by title as a program element or major project within a 5 V* _+ l$ r4 e+ x% F. wprogram element. MILCON costs shall include only those projects that directly 9 X% Z4 R' }8 Ssupport and uniquely identify with the system. " w" P* p( y. D ?. _; cProgram" h- H! B' ~7 Z0 {3 H9 R+ ~ Baseline# B$ k. c- b* |! Y/ Q Acquisition Program Baseline. , w) D/ n/ U% j4 G! T% z) GProgram Budget . i* c6 v4 s' @Decision (PBD) / j; Y4 C0 l. v$ ^ ?# g# R jSecretary of Defense decision documents that affirm or change dollar amounts# m% i6 Q% w$ a& L or manpower allowances in the services’ budget estimate submissions.% d/ `( h* k# U6 d- o @ Program Change8 {5 ~& [" U) K5 k$ |! j Decision }" V* C) a/ c+ dA decision by SECDEF issued in a prescribed format that authorizes changes in/ ]5 I$ n6 s* b, I! o the structure of the FYDP. 1 M1 [ P6 [% _, p8 Y* LProgram Change 6 f f0 S ~& W5 C1 }Request/ y' {4 \1 N$ I# ?+ O+ R# w Prepared in a prescribed format, it is a proposal for out-of-cycle changes to data. e' p( | h0 \2 i" K; q recorded in the approved FYDP. : `4 c7 E8 }* X1 e9 g6 _3 ^Program Cost / h$ M5 ^4 ?1 h. b/ kCategories & e, i$ _" m4 h8 t7 KResearch, Development, Test, and Evaluation. Appropriations to fund the3 p9 v: N" h6 Y) f efforts performed by contractors and government activities, including 8 h) c9 [5 h y2 V" sprocurement of end items, weapons, materiel, components, materials and( b5 o6 M. y& ?3 I% W services required for the development of equipment, material, computer9 c Y- e% m: [7 J. a application software, and its development and initial operational test and% ?2 Q, \2 m6 L3 e; E evaluation. RDT&E also funds the operation of dedicated R&D installations+ T( ^: P+ W8 e: [1 {, }" c9 H activities for the conduct of R&D programs.

使用道具 举报

92#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:17:50 |只看该作者
Procurement. Appropriations to fund those acquisition programs that have been- L# X" _. H* I8 ]! q8 V/ z4 I) c# ~ approved for production, and all costs integral and necessary to deliver a useful 6 y5 ^/ S4 ]* o4 n4 e: send item intended for operational use or inventory upon delivery., |, ^$ u' x$ ~2 N0 ^) l Operations & Maintenance. Appropriations to fund expenses such as civilian, ~9 L- O0 C- m* T$ o* g salaries, travel, minor construction projects, operating military forces, training and! A0 }7 d' R; ? H6 ]$ s education, depot maintenance, stock funds, and base operations support.; j4 |0 J% C. C8 T+ P- @% ^* W Military Personnel. Appropriations to fund costs of salaries and other! I1 f4 \: M! K6 O& ^ compensation for active and retired military personnel and reserve forces based * P' C5 A% _1 b0 N- [5 I- I7 _on end strength. 6 I! Z% L7 M2 K) x" G/ \" k( ~Military Construction. Appropriations to fund major projects such as bases,, c7 @* S2 p8 ^& A0 J) X9 P0 h$ D schools, missile storage facilities, maintenance facilities, medical/dental clinics, 7 U2 p. [% R7 |3 \libraries, and military family housing. o. y- M2 k8 O8 S Costs budgeted in the O&M and Military Personnel appropriations are6 e, r9 {. j6 G+ z/ \ e. m9 ? considered expenses. Costs budgeted in the Procurement and Military ) q) X+ K5 G" f3 Z* G8 yConstruction appropriations are considered investments. Costs budgeted in the ; K m/ L$ q0 O; V t: h" H5 q( ?RDT&E and Family Housing appropriations include both expenses and" [" T% i# h) ]6 d investments.4 G2 h, x6 D; e9 D' r6 K2 R MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P+ q; [! o# F2 n5 {! v/ K5 w: }- l. c 234 1 X. M9 }" ~+ C; g/ R) AProgram & l1 Q k' M% P9 |' R0 y7 \Decision$ F; ~4 z6 i7 q! _6 K. L [ Memorandum& s2 X N3 K+ n p& b+ r (PDM)/ v/ {, e, f. A( C( u SECDEF’s approval of Military Department or Defense Agency POM with9 E4 K+ U# v1 [; X tentative specific guidance. Issued in July every two years during biennial3 U* w( a% v$ F' C/ U' c' J7 R# M, U PPBS. 1 b; m$ V+ [+ l4 w x0 X, X, fProgram9 O0 B# f& z9 L0 N Development and # F+ S, p% k0 ^9 p- j& v# _- iRisk Reduction! @2 k3 v9 ^$ S3 [" }+ D+ G (PDRR)8 G: a- |- L2 a# e The acquisition phase when major program characteristics and product designs 7 p0 `& E/ b' J1 h" \, Eare refined through extensive study and analysis, hardware development, test,. F& c& M8 Y# O) a$ L3 }* B0 C and evaluation. The objective is to validate the choice of alternatives and to & @. y, z8 b7 v0 J1 F3 Iprovide the basis for determining whether or not to proceed into Engineering and$ w7 o, ~! i6 U7 W4 X* [, L Manufacturing development (EMD)., P6 g. {/ U+ r/ e8 g4 C! s) `' S Program Element ) w3 y8 f& d# h$ l/ [(PE), l/ ~: {6 B4 }- r" A% G c The 11 major force elements are subdivided into Program Elements. The7 [% ~3 m) f! I! \0 q1 [ program element is the basic building block of the FYDP. It is defined as “an * s3 `3 _5 p1 r$ C; Iintegrated combination of men, equipment and facilities which together3 P D: v! ^' f& V$ _7 u3 k constitute an identifiable military capability of support activity.” It identifies the* O( X' H9 B. U) v+ O5 ]7 N mission to be undertaken and the organizational entities to perform the mission.4 x% E. Q) I" n% e4 E1 V, i Elements may consist of forces, manpower, materiel, services, and/or associated7 F: o1 L! V3 a costs. The PE consists of seven digits ending with a letter indicating appropriate , t1 E* i0 H1 G& eservice.5 N- v6 s' @" A/ o( H5 s& P Program Element- E _7 D* |$ n" q: x Monitor (PEM) | A2 p- Q" ?( y Z Person within HQ USAF office who is directly responsible for a given program+ n( F4 Q% J7 ? and all documentation needed to harmonize the program in the budget. " _8 F" z: m/ ?6 M/ ], a0 TProgram ; ?& {% m" L; P6 bEvaluation " @! G* L9 E; IReview* |- [0 D" T P Technique * i4 f; |1 E0 B1 ~A technique for management of a program through to completion by constructing , b8 s9 S3 S5 i3 M: A+ \/ X0 W1 Ya network model of integrated activities and events and periodically evaluating ! _5 H& h4 Y, U7 v$ ^3 gthe time/cost implications of progress. 9 f A6 `) ?5 g# K$ b1 Z' y! fProgram3 O" m1 j3 C! p- L& m' N Executive Officer& Z2 n. ?# z4 D9 @5 B& N8 M (PEO)+ i$ L b8 h$ H; y! a8 U7 u A military or civilian official who has primary responsibility for directing several 3 ]+ z3 t7 p; m' M; d! r$ O9 yacquisition category I programs and for assigned Acquisition Category II, III, and+ v! Z J6 ]. T! w. h7 J6 g IV programs. A Program Executive Officer has no other command or staff5 N$ S/ \7 i& G# L/ j |0 K responsibilities within the Component, and only reports to and receives guidance 5 l; k( H4 e; r* ]% {4 rand direction from the DoD Component Acquisition Executive." M/ x8 N. n3 I9 T Program ' l2 ^; f. u* f5 Q; o4 xManagement 4 H4 g* o1 Y9 w# nThe process whereby a single leader and team are responsible for planning,; y! M8 u) P" U0 ?2 ?7 F$ v. ~1 d organizing, coordinating, directing, and controlling the combined efforts of% X2 l- A( ]+ b9 D! Z4 w+ S4 V participating/assigned civilian and military personnel and organizations in 2 z. t* d7 I1 j4 i4 W4 }accomplishing program objectives. Provides centralized authority, responsibility," x7 k, }8 x/ ` and point of contact for a specific acquisition program. 3 [7 }/ O% r7 e! S+ DProgram - \. e% h1 F+ BManagement8 D# F( l7 D7 h: b9 G! T Agreement (PMA) / f; j( p N) S1 h# r6 ?2 gThe guiding agreement between the BMDAE and the SAEs covering the broad. H3 \% k, S# V! z objectives, funding, and expectations of each Service with respect to a specific& K: @* H/ M5 q& r# Z% x, U MDA-funded activity. " c, m& f0 b# g8 fProgram. R# p' Y8 I! y1 S R+ e6 @ Management 7 S! V! u2 x4 `# c1 LPlan 9 U- I0 R8 ~6 E- u* W. cThe document developed and issued by the program manager, which shows the , @4 E4 r* w' E: `( vintegrated multi-functional time-phased actions and resources required to+ Y# _6 H: q, E1 a( |/ q: M$ m8 }, ? complete the task. 5 B# i+ t- V* O, e# k2 CProgram : y2 j P! w! k+ r& e0 ^: CManager (PM), S- d8 Q( L. W- H A military or civilian official who is responsible for managing an acquisition0 f* z) @. J- t, k; d program. 0 {5 M" B2 ^' @8 oProgrammatic Pertaining to the cost, schedule, and performance characteristics of an' p' m5 a) ]2 |1 o acquisition program.

使用道具 举报

93#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:02 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P# G% `! l0 [' J" F" u' K h0 t 235 ; [" D/ p$ S/ o2 {! |$ _3 R( JProgram 1 P5 M- n& G- ]5 j& p7 S& SObjectives 8 \8 n7 D/ Y' W6 O5 [) VMemorandum ( r6 A9 |7 V3 F; _(POM) % V0 `& @' i e. f! d( ?& M% @An annual memorandum in prescribed format submitted to the SECDEF in May % H4 H8 D M) v1 Cby the DoD Component Head, which recommends the total resource4 h: W6 ~2 q. Z: @% ]" h requirements and programs within the parameters of the SECDEF's fiscal 9 P$ G* Q, t+ q. `$ gguidance. A major document in the PPBS; it ultimately becomes the # O8 Y# H/ H7 t y2 `* R; {4 f! `Component's budget. 8 L& s7 d* P! E! P$ a; DProgram/Project& K& ^; o9 H a4 F$ E& z5 o' \ Integrator (PI) 5 d% l! F# _" wThe MDA staff member assigned responsibility for integrating all tasks within a& y% c; ^2 g1 }- o7 E& u project. Single point-of-contact for information and activities involving a MDA* K% i' s% t1 h& C9 \/ h% J technology, NMD planning, or a TMD acquisition project.8 p- [1 `1 X. d) Q% O* J ^ Programming The projection of activities to be accomplished and the resources that will be $ w4 t+ M) s0 I% jrequired for a specified period in the future. The process of preparing a ; g* h+ C- h$ [program, especially in terms of quantitative, physical requirements, manpower, 8 G: m% u: I. C o4 a- E1 Kmateriel, and facilities. The process of establishing and maintaining a program. ; s; N7 S# _, B" T. m; QPROGRUS Program Update Studies.9 k3 n4 {+ R' ~ Project (1) Synonymous with program in general usage. 4 C! p! b5 L. q(2) Specifically, a planned undertaking having a finite beginning and + {; J$ G: c5 u# F* T+ c% _% rending, involving definition, development, production, and logistics , v5 u. \; [! y: K/ W+ Lsupport of a major weapon or weapon support system or systems. A . a* I o: {6 W1 Bproject may be the whole or a part of a program. Within the Navy, a7 x) I0 o, ^; j Designated Project is a project, which, because of its importance or/ G+ S. _% y" k+ j, B( e critical nature, has been selected for intensified project management. 6 Z& U: D1 d( H+ N4 R5 y3 E(3) A planned undertaking of something to be accomplished, produced, or ' T+ [& l3 c6 ^, E/ B: gconstructed, having a finite beginning and a finite ending. 2 i7 W9 S2 x' C8 F+ f/ }1 B+ p* EProject Office The office of the program manager and the point of contact with industry,( l1 t1 G: v9 C, J9 V2 P7 i government agencies, and other activities participating in the system acquisition& E! c- N" F" a1 [ process. (USASSDC) (Note: USAF uses the term System Program Office). $ ^1 E# S- V9 U- }( W: y6 MProject Planning + _4 G4 R1 K; j( KGuidance (PPG)# s" U [8 k/ _7 q; ^, `/ s' k High-level summary document that defines the work to be performed by each2 a7 r `4 O: P3 k2 s# P3 |4 k Executing Agent in support of the BMD program.+ g: i7 m5 p- {5 C! o8 o Project Summary 8 K/ S; c' p, P$ g F) e6 AWork Breakdown 5 s0 U5 E U) N0 Z' D8 Z# @( S5 i tStructure (WBS) % L- P1 c ~: y* CA summary WBS tailored to a specific defense materiel item by selecting u Y# a* R! d6 U9 m) | applicable elements from one or more summary WBSs or by adding equivalent# b3 ^( M$ O/ z" R- i+ J' z6 C elements unique to the project (MIL-STD-881A)./ I! ]7 a! q2 Q' _: r3 q8 i Proliferation ; g/ |0 g: i. E; d8 Q$ Z8 X(Nuclear : j% Z0 f; F7 wWeapons); Y+ @ @( j1 ]9 R% s The process by which nations sequentially come into possession of, or acquire . `# C+ f8 b- B5 L( x# T- \; Athe right to determine the use of, nuclear weapons, thus enabling each to, C1 N _" l0 ?. ]1 \4 u1 U launch a nuclear attack upon another nation. , S* Y% D; @* r- V/ u4 [" L% T! PProof of Principle0 H+ f+ B$ A. { (POP) / |# H7 O) c {) l+ s4 j7 o3 gTechnical demonstration and troop experimentation conducted with brassboard ; G K7 E6 `$ X- A) E+ Fconfiguration, subsystems, or surrogate systems, using troops in a realistic field0 `" z6 Z2 I: E environment. The process examines the organization and operational concept, # _/ r8 u* F5 r/ Bprovides data to improve requirements and evaluation criteria, and provides data$ v* q; X$ o% u& s3 f; B on which to base the decision to enter EMD (Army). w) q# _; i# K( i% P9 ] Proprietary Right A broad contractor term used to describe data belonging to the contractor. This1 [) r- Z2 k( S data could be intellectual property, financial data, etc. The Government when) d- d O( J6 ?! B2 C+ ] referencing technical data does not recognize this category. (Defense Systems6 ~$ O! u4 p/ ~- a4 V Management College Glossary) * p' Y/ D5 v8 ? B. o& J( R8 A* ~! MProtection0 G. |0 i% @6 r Priorities4 s5 C: Z" a& O, k3 q# N* V The aggregated value for each impact point prediction specifying the order of 6 F, {0 i( W( d3 ]8 Aprotection. : `4 `4 { m2 u: ~Proto Prototype.. `/ W: v0 h6 [! U" ^8 t8 ^, X+ [6 e MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P1 h7 b( ~7 r% C 236 4 T, R$ a$ T$ o+ ~) zPRP Personnel Reliability Program (ILS term).$ b F3 ~3 o, n1 N$ P9 n PRR Production Readiness Review. 8 ^+ W' r9 I& yPS (1) Physical Security. (2) Product Service. 9 J1 A" h1 t/ R% }+ y- Z; bPSA Production Shakedown Availability. 8 U @2 |3 H$ i! b l& f4 [9 @6 X4 CPSAC President’s Science Advisory Committee. 8 x! A; H4 A r$ kPSC Principle Subordinate Command. 2 p4 Y" t8 u. ~5 z! d5 s( mPSCC Physical Security Control Center.' B+ o2 `: ^& f0 \) j m; p PSD Power System Demonstrator. 4 V/ y0 e8 G {! ^# QPSE Peculiar Support Element. . t" n) I! g7 ^2 a. N2 c! rPsi Pounds per Square Inch.9 z" `. ?( @2 h" }# r# j1 h PSM Portable Space Model.* i) U1 I# x7 Z- p! l W PSN Packet Switching Node. 0 d9 N- R5 w" y! P+ h. hPSP Program Support Plan.) ]; v8 X6 r+ |( W0 B6 z, k; I, O PSRR Preliminary System Requirements Review.3 ]) N. V1 u6 Y6 r. H8 q PSS (1) Passive Sensor System. (2) Passive Surveillance Sensor (Project 1106 term).5 u- E3 g. [: e, ?- o( Y PSSC Preliminary System Security Concept. 4 ?+ [9 a4 S g1 E9 @7 W/ gPSW Packet Switching. 6 z" Q- L/ ] w2 f, R* nPSYOP Psychological Operations. " d3 K( H1 ]$ {- m9 H; @, F1 oPsyOps Psychological Operations./ `. @7 p' k7 c6 k5 Q$ ~ PTBT Partial Test Ban Treaty. 7 K( [; M6 c# z& VPTDB Problem Tracking Data Base. ) t& X" v' ]* h+ N& W* M% RPTE Processor Test Environment." `. q4 U4 k$ ?/ b9 k8 a5 v+ j! U' f/ Y PTI Pacific Telecom, Incorporated.

使用道具 举报

94#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:13 |只看该作者
PTO Participating Test Organization. : N% ]; c8 ]+ ~7 y% cPTPM Product Transition Procedure Manual. z7 ?9 F% T b PtSi Platinum Silicide. 1 M$ ^* m* J- g# m4 w0 bPTV Propulsion Test Vehicle. 9 K; m& S1 N+ B+ kPTWG Producible Technology Working Groups.) l. d( G; a d4 [$ E Pu Plutonium. 6 C! ]0 {/ M& EMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P / x' w8 W- ?) @4 d( \237, H; ?- I' U* s+ Y. } Pulse Duration In radar, measurement of pulse transmission time in microseconds, that is, the! H1 }8 b% b5 I6 u7 E9 P, {/ o+ t; h time the radar’s transmitter is energized during each cycle.' |5 ^$ E4 C- q; A4 u Pulse Repetition' B/ x9 c* z& P# t Frequency \1 b7 N Y0 W% OIn radar, the number of pulses the occur each second. Not to be confused with9 v+ M9 Q2 d& P& l1 w9 s9 L& P, b. ?& H transmission frequency which is determined by the rate at which cycles are- W h" `4 g+ S# h. Z, E repeated within the transmitted pulse.! n5 ]% Q- u. N" A4 g, g Pulsed Power 5 j3 t5 y- B# g& YEMR Y! s+ V9 v/ ~6 h6 gRadiated fields that have very high instantaneous peak field strengths or power 6 A9 d( w1 u7 c) y/ K3 Tdensity but significantly lower average values. . | x* U# M$ ZPumping The raising of the molecules or atoms of a lasant to an energy state above the + r. s6 q" ^/ V- P) fnormal lowest state to produce laser light. This results when they fall back to a6 D% n0 I5 n% i" Y lower state. Pumping may be done using electrical, chemical, or nuclear energy.1 q1 E. ]% l' C PUR Program Update Review (OSD term). $ s7 C& [# T" n" ]Purchase Order ( S1 X7 G6 |! e5 c: j(PO)( D% @$ J9 n9 v; A7 O A contractual procurement document used primarily to procure supplies and nonpersonal services when the aggregate amount involved in any one transaction is 4 l, K! o! m6 B4 U7 {( orelatively small (e.g., not exceeding $10,000). 9 i; ?/ x9 M- f. {5 W; SPV HCT Photovoltaic Mercury Cadmium Telluride. ; e* e; V1 m( qPVB Project Validation Board (MILCON term). 4 ?* a) x: P# r$ X/ x. kPVO (PVO+ m' c) N5 k4 w) Y- X1 e& a Strany) % ?" w) S3 h& ?Russian organization formerly responsible for the air and space defense of their $ G& s' X9 D4 r1 Yhomeland.! z5 X, `0 V4 s. f) W PVT Payload Verification Test. 4 a0 @( ]; ?' s) ]0 \/ D9 TpW Picowatt.$ C* |: q! [& t2 Q PWBS Program Work Breakdown Structure. ' ^* ~' _$ C8 @PWG Product Working Group. - u* H; e8 h, s& RPWR Pressurized Water Reactor. 7 G8 h0 B, x+ s' o5 c- G- a4 PPY Prior Year. & u5 z- }7 v* @- T3 ?Pyrotechnic A mixture of chemicals which, when ignited, is capable of reacting exothermically) Y( ?9 b8 v. K0 g to produce light, heat, smoke, sound, or gas, and may be also used to introduce + t) P/ _" x9 d. @% ~/ ba delay into an explosive train because of its known burning time. The term 6 U) w' }% o: a/ g$ H3 T7 Kexcludes propellants and explosives.% C* e, c5 p8 s' ? MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 Q . [( @0 E2 C8 _1 Z3 F+ |238 ( `9 u( l: n& d- g( ~7 E' f5 X) jQ Quarter [of year]. . M: c- ^4 c7 o; L- h( jQ&R Qualification and Reliability. 3 n v3 F' w# a3 S1 w) [Q/FY (number) Quarter/Fiscal Year (number), e.g., 4Q/FY98 4 f5 X, @' x2 h& F9 \. O2 vQA Quality Assurance.6 Y$ R( q; t+ r QAE Quality Assurance Evaluator." p: ?3 {0 g% I, H* Q; a5 f QAMSP Quality Assurance Master Surveillance Plan. * a" Z( p8 }9 o0 BQC Quality Control. 2 Z4 v7 ~. ]' w" ^6 E$ nQDR Quadrennial Defense Review (US Congress/DoD term).! C7 k& O. l6 ~ QFR Question for Record.1 S! B: Q& \" M7 D8 H' p" s QIP Quality Improvement Prototype.8 a$ l7 Z) f; f; v. y' } g; p QLD Quick Look Display. * l2 `/ f" O* r2 a' CQM (1) Queen Match. (2) Quartermaster. : @% B) [+ i9 o3 [2 D7 O9 bQM/DX Queen Match/Discrimination Experiment./ E+ t, b3 D+ f8 A9 `2 r. S7 _4 t QMB Quality Management Board. # z% W# f1 a5 ]3 I" ~( t- VQPP Quality Program Plan.5 E6 o: E2 p; \ QPR Quality Program Review.4 ~ v! N. M M QPSR Quarterly Program Status Review. 1 y$ n; p" a* ], A2 y0 R5 L y& }& QQQPRI Qualitative and Quantitative Personnel Requirements Information." l6 A- ^, R! |0 S6 ?# C" b# x1 _ QRA (1) Quartz Resonant Accelerometer " @: h/ X0 C9 ]3 K% i" }(2) Quick Reaction Alert.. C; ?" W I9 S- l (3) Quick Reaction Aircraft (US).& E ^, j) X3 Y6 C( T QRC Quick Reaction Capability. 7 K1 G0 [0 I9 x. SQRG Quick Reference Guide. & T6 X2 [ s9 T1 Z# dQRM Quick Response Missile.( g/ X+ p% x9 ^" ~ QRP Quick Response Program (PATRIOT).. l% c9 A' n5 }( e3 E9 R QRP Radar Quick Response Program Radar. ) r1 X9 I& t1 L2 T) E* a; c2 [QRS (1) Quartz Resonant Sensor. (2) Quick Reaction Software.2 P0 j! Y8 c# S# o" Q5 H QSR Quadrennial Strategy Review. ) o- D7 @; C1 M* V j# b9 m# DQtrly Quarterly. : |2 p' t4 j% I2 L mQuad-D/ADI Quad-D/Advanced Discriminating Interceptor.% d, Q/ {$ e C8 Q8 G MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 Q 6 U+ a/ x) ?/ H239' L5 \( X. ~5 Z Qualification Test This test simulates defined environmental conditions with a predetermined safety ! U4 |7 U. s! X" {3 ] O5 D; V3 z8 ufactor, the results indicating whether a given design can perform its function3 d$ C, e0 O; u" p2 y6 l within the simulated environment of a system. The test usually is not conducted $ y) w) n- G# n/ ~- l' h# _# ^, j- {on models using production tooling and processes.1 A' n0 ?8 f8 [5 c9 ?9 e- l% E Query A request for identification of a set of assets, expressed in terms of a set of' ?6 B/ `+ C' ?) Z. s* C- ]; J criteria, which the identified item must satisfy.5 h3 c# K( L! ?+ H/ @/ F Queue3 P$ B+ _3 X6 O9 i/ j. ?( W Quick Reaction0 I8 G. K# y1 t7 O4 j# J Launch Vehicle 6 ]$ j1 x" F Q1 k5 {& X8 XA store for a sequence of packets, or messages, which are waiting to be( v' W0 Y7 N* x& a g, s processed. A transmit queue for instance is a store of packets waiting to be) V2 O, K$ S; n, j# m+ [$ K transmitted. : P# \' P3 S9 m* p$ pA Congressionally mandated program to provide surrogate launch vehicles in# A) B) w2 x, S3 R$ W) W, | support of the Northern Edge exercise in 2001 and 2002. In addition the QRLV ! U* I' N1 G: W e4 `( Ehas participated in several experiments for various users. 9 v# `: W4 D/ j0 i7 K: XQWIP Quantum Well Infrared Photodetector. + n: z- V6 B9 }MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R 0 j* ?; e' e; r8 o' Z D241 y0 b9 o9 o: J4 R- gR&A Reliability and Availability.

使用道具 举报

95#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:23 |只看该作者
R&D Research and Development. ; e3 b! F- \1 O/ z* NR&M Reliability and Maintainability. ) [, E* b: V, @3 T* @. m( BR-T Real Time.0 n( u: P! C) }4 p2 M' `2 _ R/ASR Review as Required.- H. Z- N5 q9 k0 I8 x& | R/W Read/Write. 4 I, s' v1 t% b: LR2 (1) Recovery and Reconstitution. (2) Reporting Responsibility.0 j5 j2 Z0 e# E1 ~& F! g% A e R2 P2 Rapid-Retargeting/Precision Pointing (simulator).& `6 S7 |+ {0 V R; `" L/ H! k- S# G 38 H) i- q* {' J9 c' X* M4 I Rotary Reciprocating Refrigerator.6 K" G* Z t l2 ~; t, X/ D/ j4 r RAA Risk Approval Authority.1 x) ^( ?& z' n/ \/ j RAAF Royal Australian Air Force.1 P& w7 }7 T4 ]$ z. C RACE Research in Advanced Communications in Europe.6 P# c! @% `/ L+ ` RAD (1) Radiation Absorbed Dose. (2) Radiation Accumulated Dose. 0 E1 p' s! f& H+ d" P. h6 bRad Hard Radiation Hardened. & h% g% t$ ]7 ^9 |$ Y0 p5 `Radar (Formerly an acronym for Radio Detection and Ranging.) A technique for detecting targets in the atmosphere or in space by transmitting radio waves (e.g.," Q8 W1 V5 {+ ]$ z/ `4 T% Y microwaves) and sensing the waves reflected by objects. The reflected waves & z* {: |. J6 D(called "returns" or "echoes") provide information on the distance to the target' v/ [1 ?& ?- o% q and the velocity of the target, and also may provide information about the shape. i" b& ^6 a6 F$ G( T$ R, X of the target.% I l9 X; Y) |& e Radar Beacon A receiver-transmitter combination which sends out a coded signal when * {2 U& \1 x+ Y, ytriggered by the proper type of pulse, enabling determination of range and8 [( e7 I' \( b# z6 C" i* ^( [ bearing information by the interrogating station or aircraft.0 w, G7 D! s9 L% F6 N Radar Cross. V/ ]2 C v! { {) O Section (RCS)9 [4 h! d- X! P/ [3 O Area of an object as scanned by radar; measured in square meters.0 M6 J" l3 p$ i: w Radar Netting The linking of several radars to a single center to provide integrated target4 z3 _& [; @, ?) u" o* y- X% d information. ( Q4 r* I! J- Y- {) t- |: M' hRADC (1) Region Air Defense Commander. (2) OBSOLETE. Rome Air Development 1 \: F0 e) W+ C, _( g$ T* sCenter. (Now called Rome Laboratory.) . a/ f3 D: w5 H& }. [" BRADEC Radiation Detection Capability.1 W9 r3 z9 b# }$ ?0 ]% } RADHAZ (1) Electromagnetic Radiation Hazard. (2) Hazards form electromagnetic ! O7 q( v8 r: |0 x# V+ vradiation.1 P8 t: m$ q) ?; @5 v: T Radiant$ |4 |! M e2 j6 e/ ` E1 B; x Exposure4 T7 w8 E4 W! v& w, u$ I+ P# k The total amount of thermal radiation energy received per unit area of exposed - s) k/ S* L! r% G1 Z0 @surface; it is usually expressed in calories per square centimeter. - f5 q' v/ Z& D# y- L* l4 Y. l1 vMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R " m3 E, w C6 z242 ' I% p8 B2 O9 v) q. ARadiation (1) The emission and propagation of waves transmitting energy through ( N+ x7 J. [( U/ S# ]space or through some medium; for example, the emission and 8 |) }$ G t: h& b! J. @propagation of electromagnetic, sound, or elastic waves. , t. r& v, G- D& r y U! W(2) The energy transmitted by waves through space or some medium; when* i7 @) p; q9 O# H- f7 N# v unqualified, usually refers to electromagnetic radiation. Also known as ( F1 Y9 [5 Y; Q+ x4 F: k5 tradiant energy. " o3 k" D% [8 T1 g" l0 e(3) A stream of particles, such as electrons, neutrons, protons, alpha' X E3 O0 L% V" ~8 O particles, or high-energy photons, or a mixture of these. (See Ionizing4 v& X; U. u. n- M2 R* }7 a$ M Radiation, Nuclear Radiation, and Thermal Radiation.) + q) g, ]( P1 O2 ^4 xRadiation 8 O! m! t' x7 w" j( u4 HHardening , S9 X$ i" ~+ ^Protection of a particular system, subsystem, or component from functional : E3 l+ s* o1 f! G1 q# Rdamage due to the effects of nuclear (or other) radiation by shielding the + U& N1 w: e1 X9 ]: Nvulnerable components from the radiation, or using other passive techniques in- b, A7 C |# }4 g8 ]) P1 x manufacturing effects of nuclear (or other) radiation.+ I9 |8 U0 V% |9 _ RADIC System Rapidly Deployable Integrated Command and Control System. 3 s% h- d/ v5 G0 i }RADINT Radar Intelligence. $ J v- Y) V/ P2 G- `Radio Blackout 2 I! j7 g5 v# c) `$ u(RBO)8 g2 {3 r% b! D" U$ \ The complete disruption of radio (or radar) signal over large areas caused by the; H+ E% q; C# |& s" M( a ionization accompanying a high altitude nuclear explosion, especially above& r) J) F7 t. g, Q about 40 miles. 5 m# Q" p3 f" ~8 N" tRadioactive (or1 o0 W& K# q( z5 @+ O Nuclear) Cloud) y( ]9 C/ ~2 }1 _7 K An all-inclusive term for the volume of hot gases, smoke, dust, and other 4 D5 l- V2 q0 x- d0 O, d2 J) Qparticulate matter from the nuclear weapon itself and from its environment, that is - m Q. T4 F; ` s6 |: Rcarried aloft in conjunction with the rising fireball produced by the detonation of a ' i1 e0 J# z: s4 n) Pnuclear weapon.5 h- q4 Y' |/ p1 Q% \# C8 e Radioactivity The spontaneous emission of radiation, generally alpha or beta particles, often " b9 P; F+ `+ ^4 eaccompanied by gamma rays, from the nuclei or an unstable isotope.! s# y6 i d1 {4 K* D RADOT Recording Automatic Digital Optical Tracker. ! o' [% a- N3 U( v0 h6 yRAG Red-Amber-Green (MDA/POC assessment term). 0 j: _" Y# r0 vRail Gun (RG) A weapon using metallic rails and electromagnetic energy to fire hypervelocity - t& q c4 k' L" {1 B( aprojectiles.& ^& k$ E5 w. h+ {$ y- G/ }$ R; O RAM (1) Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability. (2) Random Access Memory & t2 _: ~: y& d1 p/ @$ U dRAMA (1) Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability.& S7 B5 c( l7 r% A* L Y (2) Random Access Memory. $ k" G! k5 N* N3 j1 ^; z& J(3) Radar Absorption Material.# G2 l7 X: K* n4 H+ [) J RAMOS (1) Russian-American Observation Satellite.. `+ y9 f$ n% [3 j1 w, O' w" f (2) Reliability, availability, maintainability, operations, and support. ; y( t( M6 H4 h9 v" m% R3 `RAMS Resource Management Accounting System./ q+ ?! f$ \$ m6 V6 j& c+ m Random Defense Engagement of RVs uniformly without any reference to type or destination. This. h- n5 w" o) m8 n" l8 ]% b7 ~ implies taking the best shot possible in terms of increasing probability to kill.# E6 l3 n6 O2 ?% S Range Resolution The difference between the true distance (from sensor) to target and the 6 N5 Q$ L7 ]; J# }7 kcalculated distance to target based on sensor data, at maximum sensor range. , F8 n7 F* U. cRAP Remote Access Panel. + a" J9 ^ v& e' }5 z! ~MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R * j2 ?- d8 |0 n# Q5 F' i/ N, [; y243. }; n7 d* v2 f H RAPIER Rapid Emergency Relocation Team. M) B8 d v" T RAPTOR Responsive Aircraft Program for Theater Operations. A high-altitude, long " P% ~+ I* ^& N- Z+ _' A t: ]% }endurance airborne sensor platform. 7 ?) j a5 R3 ?* wRAPTOR/TALON A technology demonstration program to demonstrate critical technologies for an' M- `/ ]1 ]7 l unmanned airborne weapons system providing a boost phase intercept, A5 o" Q3 U+ ]- {) E capability. 2 q. f+ \" R E& ^* VRARSAT Radar Ocean Reconnaissance Satellite. . E# V* t8 f |8 p# ~7 ]0 yRAS (1) Requirements Allocation Sheet. (2) Remote Access Set.3 R4 \7 I2 |8 R6 d* O, c RASA Remote Command Safety System. - a! @0 ]( M) C R! @0 V3 }Rationalization Any action that increases the effectiveness of allied forces through more efficient ; H5 l `* J7 q( a& ^' B! _1 Lor effective use of defense resources committed to the alliance. Rationalization 3 J' w* R7 A' ?7 q/ Dincludes consolidation, reassignment of national priorities to higher alliance ( Y" k$ J/ u# ]' [: D( x4 Zneeds, standardization, specialization, mutual support or improved $ N7 l$ A6 c9 o5 Zinteroperability, and greater cooperation. Rationalization applies to both+ f M. j4 N6 | i: x weapons/materiel resources and non-weapons military matters. : z0 H# z. g- z3 }/ k4 ~* yRB Reentry Body. ( ]) x7 \+ S+ e) KRBECS Revised Battlefield Electronic CEOI System (US Army-sponsored).* k5 C( }9 t$ H5 r5 R6 }5 B RBO Radio Blackout. & R) K2 O. i, w& x/ m) ]RC/CC Responsibility Center/Cost Center. U! ~9 k$ o n2 [# Y% d/ ] RCF Radar Correlation Function.

使用道具 举报

96#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:35 |只看该作者
RCM (1) Reliability Centered Maintenance. ( B- _) C8 [ _* u: x(2) Requirements Correlation Matrix (AF). # [ o& ~" L1 j(3) Resource Consumption Model." P& U4 P, e$ N3 }+ c! r RCR Rate Capability Review (USA term).8 m3 C& f# ]( x/ ~ RCS Radar Cross-Section. c) h( o& j" c/ {& W. g RCSR Radar Cross-Section Reduction.6 l8 ]1 m" `4 o RCSS Range Command Safety System. : ~9 D; B: c" [' _6 N/ ?RCU (1) Rate Changes Unit. (2) Remote Control Unit. (3) Reactor Control Unit. 4 P7 ?1 d8 i O' Z3 {RCVR Receiver.$ ~0 V! ~1 a9 N- n# W: d. @ RD Readiness Demonstrator (SBL Program term). a& r$ [# t/ d# B5 Y H. S4 Z% l( MRDA Research, Development and Acquisition.' B; k9 s& ]9 W3 K RDBMS Relational Database Management System (Computer term). 5 C5 {% N) ?: v. t, @RDC Research and Development Contract.8 k1 j5 Z1 H g, |5 ?' @ RDD Requirements Driven Design." k: A( v* b+ l7 P! p7 G1 I MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R5 {7 X) w9 s( T8 D$ G! [+ E& [* B 2448 a2 D T# Q; H6 s RDD-100 Requirements Driven Development+ \* f e% d- w- K; G' Z RDG Random Data Generator.( b8 s5 ?0 X# x7 U8 R RDS Regional Defense System. . x( B+ r( h6 X, qRDT&E Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation. % U( H9 I; X: n% tRDT&E Program3 p: h' z4 `. V7 N' Z Categories 1 }" O+ S" [4 L& O3 S! C4 qThe five divisions the comprise Major Force Program 06 (R&D) in the FYDP.- P3 T/ Z0 H6 X/ _" P They are: / m* e! l! g* Q j0 W•6.1 Basic Research" y* P) K# u) N" \ •6.2 Exploratory Development 3 m0 x+ W% w6 U•6.3 Advanced Development % D6 ?% O, g" b•6.4 Engineering Development5 v4 d7 _! w9 b5 V* S n) n- e$ x •6.5 Management and Support. 0 P& w3 A7 N) a; v5 }Operational System development, not a designated category, is funded in 9 q' T7 {. M( S) W* |7 t' TRDT&E appropriations but not in Major Force Program 06. 0 |" \; R6 T3 E) p& U. LRE Radar Enhancement (USA term)., H) h7 i2 ?/ V+ l) `* l Re Targeting The ability of the system to recomputed the direction of sensors and/or weapons# o% Y' o: U/ [& j4 k# h$ @ to intercept a target that was missed on the first attempt, or that was superseded 1 \2 k) G+ H3 g- A2 h0 }by a higher priority target.# T& I/ ]; u( L REACT Rapid Execution and Combat Targeting./ p3 V2 ~% g# P% o3 T0 e; u; M7 t- R Reaction Decoy A decoy deployed only upon warning or suspicion of imminent attack." k: A( s! R& m+ @$ r8 I! m Readiness: s7 U8 P, G1 n5 a! m4 r; V Postures / i: D+ C$ _7 W) B8 Z' [( v8 HA specific status defining the relative responsiveness of BMD assets and , l, v2 ^! n6 k2 Vpersonnel to perform a USSPACECOM BMD mission." T" C6 i% {* j4 M0 a* _ Real Time (1) Pertaining to the processing of data by computer in connection with ( t2 X. D2 @3 b yanother process outside the computer according to time requirements |, E# \6 s3 S: Y improved by the outside process. This term is used to describe systems ]5 G- u! r) N3 j+ H3 d* q; {operating in conversational mode, and processes that can be influenced ( k( i/ X) x) e6 U- t7 O3 o3 xby human intervention, while they are in progress.* a) m- k* b- [) V; e (2) Pertaining to the actual time during which a physical process transpires, " I. b- Q2 z0 m: Z/ Y6 zfor example, the performance of a computation during the actual time % n; x/ b% E4 ?1 \1 y% cthat the related physical process transpires, in order that results of the9 M( A4 \5 E/ j1 w computation can be used in guiding the physical process.3 f1 t! A% A% W/ t; ~! [+ I Real World Data Data derived from physical experimentation concerning phenomenology G1 q2 r) C+ y O+ E% D. l' @ associated with technical functioning of SDS, particularly regarding target8 `" p" m/ c7 w8 Z! D0 _5 j. Q% |+ B signatures, background observables, sensor functions, weapon functions, and8 h6 _. `! B& Y- k/ {# R survivability. & n- [ v4 O/ o' e) e Q" fReal World Data; v6 @% m6 |" ~2 X( K1 M+ S Collection8 C1 j4 W" S' Z; ^0 |% q The provision, to SEIC users, of access to real world data, in fashion timely and : N2 D/ D8 L& `/ Q' T/ f" Kotherwise suitable to meet users’ needs (e.g. for validation of a test bed).. `# W( U$ A J; Y' @5 X REC Radio-Electronic Combat. 6 L7 ]8 v2 \7 d" r' g$ V2 i, R* Q. \RECCE Reconnaissance. 2 j5 |9 x5 N" ~ }0 ]( ]* ZReclama A formal appeal to the service comptroller of SECDEF’s tentative budget decision0 {" _4 a5 q; |5 v2 L on the service budget estimates. ' h3 h2 g) V' X" M5 J; cMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R : R! ?7 c: v6 n0 U( a245 ! S! ?) e( `$ M$ _% f" bRECON Reconnaissance. 5 ]' S; M5 |+ k4 F) N0 i7 KReconciliation Directives to standing committees contained in congressional budget resolutions' z: A J% w) R calling for certain dollar savings and a deadline for reporting legislation to2 H! J y6 e) v1 {2 C achieve the savings. Omnibus reconciliation bill incorporating these changes is ( b2 o- H7 L( `9 |/ z; B3 Sintroduced and acted on in both houses. " U y) G% H* D) @* F! L8 [Reconstitute To restore, during periods of hostile engagements or during peacetime, military) p+ j, a2 j: M5 Y: p6 E* q! t forces or elements as closely as possible to a desired state of readiness for 7 r) z' f; G2 g5 D7 a# P5 x" }combat.7 s# u6 ]9 V# O" `4 T& z Red/Blue3 i5 w l" }. {4 {/ ], ~ Exchange4 C, \6 B [8 V. T3 d( g4 Z& D" c A process to identify and define potential countermeasures that would degrade 8 J& _5 A4 T6 ?) X" u3 T* T6 r Raspects of ballistic missile defense. The process – akin to a wargame – pits a ; _, p3 @* G1 XRed team fielded by DSIM and a Blue team fielded by AQ. A senior review + |0 n+ F* U; ?) }2 {" bpanel acts as the referee. ' k2 l" {% }+ F% _, jREDCAP Real-time Electromagnetic Digitally Controlled Analyzer and Processor (USAF* j6 E Q1 g# f, ~/ f; R1 h term).9 X% v! d; W) @9 T. R4 s* E Redout The degradation of infrared sensor resolution due to high-altitude nuclear bursts.9 Y7 D% E% J& J. y U Radiation from these bursts causes fluorescence-emission of light from air3 C4 S5 Z4 ]1 c6 j molecules. The emitted light lies within the long-wave IR spectrum so the( x. }) i% z: n; l atmosphere below appears to the sensor to glow more brightly than usual. H% j- J5 @. k3 `# V7 b* IRedundancy The inclusion of duplicate or alternate system elements to improve operational" B+ T) h+ M: h0 T reliability by ensuring continued operation in the event that a primary element4 ?# g$ I3 w8 n* a7 ^ fails. 2 w: A. j! N: W1 N/ L$ D: kReengineering The process of examining, altering, and re-implementing an existing computer 8 B9 d; C$ J% B, ?# C: A- H4 usystem to reconstitute it in a new form. 8 C4 P% S/ h* i; {5 lReentry The return of objects originally launched from earth, into the atmosphere.5 k" a" c% R: |. ^* s$ E Reentry Angle Elevation angle of velocity vector relative to local horizontal plane when o3 M' {$ }0 v3 Q. @reentering object reaches 92km.9 m5 ?: t1 P$ e* Y( P& U Reentry Phase That portion of the trajectory of a ballistic missile or space vehicle where there is# V+ }# y/ v' c1 t0 F a significant interaction of the vehicle and the earth’s atmosphere. , a( m: T. o M3 O9 z3 \) uReentry Vehicle: M E4 `- j/ w/ S (RV) . s6 S4 U% S8 A7 h, A(1) Reentry vehicles are objects containing nuclear warheads. They are0 r4 I5 v' {! w2 c4 T8 I( I released from the last stage of a booster rocket or from a post-boost# p1 m/ w# K& L7 W/ p/ [ vehicle early in the ballistic trajectory. They are thermally insulated to7 o7 ~' i/ }4 R survive rapid heating during the high velocities of reentry into the" J' H5 S3 o. m1 v5 l2 u) E atmosphere, and are designed to protect their contents until detonation ! V1 U$ T, w V' eat their targets.0 n9 J3 F! Q* D4 w (2) That part of a space vehicle designed to re-enter the Earth’s atmosphere) F8 h6 z( x$ F# P n the terminal portion of its trajectory.+ c* D$ S- q$ h7 V3 m2 s Regional Defense0 ?, T% N8 s, H E+ b3 }# l, e System (RDS)* R9 ]1 x# |# q That portion of the SDS that provides defense for a specific geographic region,# r: b2 c' D- y2 q such as the European Theater. 4 [3 I# s, B2 }3 {Regional 4 h% U1 @% {% n# c. }Operations& s9 Q% k- m! ?5 K3 e8 b+ [3 u Center (ROC)6 }/ H/ Y; r& u1 d2 w# r4 a H/ |2 I A group of fixed and/or mobile centers with OPCON over allocated ground based 4 T- j; m% m. y8 z2 msensors and weapons. ' U4 Q6 n. X) z( wMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R ( g! H+ R; |+ \& v5 T246" _6 V8 z- j) V) s: [: k: P9 k ^ Regional/ t% U& Z0 i3 W Operations ' i( B9 `0 a+ S4 e* @Control Center! E8 `; ?' @1 h4 x (ROCC)/ w/ n0 o5 o i9 A/ U& }1 q2 t( w! | The command function for CONUS, Canadian and Alaska NORAD Regions,8 z1 V7 y! g& l& J& | referred to as “regions.” In the Alaska NORAD region, the ROCC is also the& R7 H6 G" E5 y1 r- y central intelligence, communications and operations control center established( V5 h8 `% N: J for the purpose of supervising and coordinating the combat effort of all air % q3 `* k- X- d" a; fdefense forces made available to the Alaska NORAD region commander. Under ! E e! d. N) H( Z- j8 Z2 Rnormal operating conditions (not degraded), the ROCC is responsible for the+ w+ G/ [+ n! O identification function and for air and ballistic missile defense of North America.; D& b# w! c% x$ M8 t2 i Regrade To determine that certain classified information requires, in the interests of ( d7 ^( I4 s+ {/ o$ V: X$ Dnational security, a higher or lower degree of protection against unauthorized* Y. K/ w, ^* f4 g1 ] disclosure than currently provided, coupled with a changing of the classification) U1 l' y2 I/ b) U, [ designation to reflect such higher or lower degree.: a3 r7 d) V1 y4 Y$ H* z REL NAV Relative Navigation (JTIDS term). ( Q; x5 p' r; d% D4 ~4 ]Relay Mirror Part of a ground-based laser system.

使用道具 举报

97#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:49 |只看该作者
Reliability and # W6 n( G8 v0 R6 N+ P y# n @1 AMaintainability% l6 [! ^% N0 H9 @ (R&M). Q1 c0 I% h+ m Reliability and maintainability design parameters are key factors in the design of 5 P, _$ z! O. M1 i( d- vaffordable and supportable systems. R&M parameters provide inputs into the/ t7 B4 r5 |7 M& _ design and LSA processes that quantitatively link system readiness to the ILS8 o- F) n: ?% @3 T V elements. One of the principal elements of ILS.+ P4 J2 T8 K- i2 @: e Reliability, . O6 r' G/ x6 j, W1 qAvailability, and( r @- s7 {: }! ?8 o Maintainability- i- ]4 @0 H) c" A; w' m) s+ ~& F (RAM)4 Z4 m9 _1 V' j X- d Those requirements imposed on acquisition systems to ensure they are3 O9 H |$ w% z* H( p operationally ready for use when needed, will successfully perform assigned. k% R* g V# i1 l* J: V1 ] functions, and can be economically operated and maintained within the scope of; X8 }' @6 A/ g9 [; c logistics concepts and policies. RAM programs are applicable to materiel . [# m+ e# O" `systems, test measurement and diagnostic equipment, training devices, and 2 j1 K' S: O& c6 Q) H. _facilities developed, produced, maintained, procured, or modified for use. (See7 F4 Q' v2 a2 A5 v9 O individual definitions for Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability.)" Y3 X3 Q/ t; X' y$ R) x+ C REM Roentgen Equivalent Man. $ G' A/ I3 `+ L; dRemotely Piloted $ s: p! r3 c- ^* P3 e* H- NVehicle (RPV)3 T2 e) F7 w$ t3 m* J7 g! }) E An unmanned vehicle capable of being controlled from a distant location through K; x8 D$ r9 t; Z! |! A+ @ a communication link. It is normally designed to be recoverable. See also8 n0 _7 n% p- I U6 u+ I5 B Drone. & x J" ` S* c3 RRepairability The probability that a failed system will be restored to operable condition within a) I9 K. j7 b3 `1 W1 d; v, B specified active repair time. - w5 G! z! C9 J% u5 h; Y$ rRepeater- 2 f" ^" K/ q2 @3 AJammer" e: |) a9 w. C) J" ?1 l7 @) `8 f A receiver transmitter device that amplifies, multiplies and retransmits the signals 2 Q, o: V. m+ R1 d& E: f: j Ereceived, for purposes of deception or jamming. . |. V. O2 w0 t/ D7 QReport Back Information returned from system elements that verify that directions have been 6 e! I2 R# p* p0 @( \9 _% Xreceived and carried out. Also includes information regarding system " q# g( T7 z6 d5 S% X/ yeffectiveness.3 m/ z) x9 o3 C. ^ Reprogrammable 9 T/ @1 Y% b3 pTime2 t+ r3 p: x: m$ w7 k* ~, @0 u d7 O Time required to re-target an alert missile.4 }. O+ \) R: m1 l5 A Reprogramming The transfer of funds between program element and line items within an * E F' }. e: v. I% i# jappropriation for purposes other than those contemplated at the time of 0 B- E, j6 i6 p# P* ]appropriation. Appropriate congressional committees generally accomplish: W8 B& T! Y! y1 C. L reprogramming pursuant to consultation with and approval.4 Q7 U# O" c, ~+ p' u/ ~ Request for; S: `& i+ {: H4 i3 { Proposal (RFP) % }9 u8 i2 w0 ^; q( Q, c' _A solicitation used in negotiated acquisition to communicate government Y) f7 y$ h a3 Q2 q6 w) xrequirements to prospective contractors and to solicit proposals. 3 l) A% ~6 T& O, h* c* `MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R 4 j4 Q! p8 [" W8 |247 , {' R3 r P9 _" [6 t* l+ MRequest for+ U" A9 {: w% i, {: w/ i Quotation 1 d0 e& E; N2 mA solicitation used in negotiated acquisition to communicate government 5 {+ I: v) r: Vrequirements to prospective contractors and to solicit a quotation. A response to3 T/ Z- y9 G# m% N l& n2 Z; U an RFQ is not an offer. It is informational in character. * H; F) V% \9 PRequired # V4 d5 P4 }+ `6 z. m7 yOperational+ V+ y4 L3 o3 b- _ Capability (ROC) 2 f6 K1 k8 a2 xOBSOLETE. A document stating need and specific operational capability.8 o( L A( g! P+ w0 K' r Replaced by the Operational Requirements Document (Army, USMC).& v- c$ x2 d0 C* `& J1 D' f Operational Requirements Document.' M6 W' W; y, O D! D$ R+ T Required & M* \) J4 H, g8 b( @Operational; W3 K5 o6 m6 g Characteristics ) ^1 j2 A; g3 G A* _! }System parameters that are primary indicators of the system’s capability to be5 F1 z1 f: z' ?0 k( D M1 ^# \ employed to perform the required mission functions, and to be supported.0 K# j/ F; [$ w7 q' n: y Required . I3 _2 y$ C% I1 X4 ]Technical 8 z( I/ h- U7 d3 V3 _Characteristics" h9 W/ f1 ^- g2 g Quantitative system performance parameters, approved by the DoD Component,1 F% R# Q4 f, [. u- O& ? that are selected as primary indicators of technical achievement of engineering' p/ ~2 X1 G7 @2 Q# k3 e$ I/ _ thresholds. These might not be direct measures of, but should always relate to,! Y9 @" y! ~4 ^" ]5 ^: Z a system's capability to perform its required mission function and to be 9 [: r9 }6 F3 j5 d7 ysupported. Required technical characteristics are usually tested and evaluated ' b" F7 D; m1 M) ?7 U- aby developmental testing and evaluation (DT&E) to ascertain achievement of( J: J. t- g5 j/ h approved goals and thresholds for these characteristics. Critical technical ) ~, Y- q4 W4 i8 `; b- h% @7 ]! C+ `characteristics selected for a DAB program baseline are reviewed and further6 Q. _4 e: a& |. o) D; d/ E approved through the DAB process. 4 s m$ ^2 L7 a! ?Requirements s: e# m+ J' o# _# S Analysis & H B h3 Z) b) c1 \0 k, u0 j' _An analysis to determine and document the need for resources to perform the( b4 o! A* O; ]" k3 i agency’s mission. 5 H. `$ t2 u! z. R$ _; I4 QRequirements- }( u% y( M+ V9 u* Y7 x Document 4 T/ U2 t" C2 m+ YA document that sets forth the requirements for a system or system component;2 O/ t+ z1 ]8 y* p$ q for example, a software configuration item. Typically included are functional w; T) `0 o A; H requirements, performance requirements, interface requirements, design7 N; N" j/ p. o8 F requirements, and development standards. 7 g, K7 X3 `* R$ ERES (1) Remote Engagement Section (HAWK TBM weapons system term). + j0 k- B' o$ Q* ~# C(2) Resolution. ; Q% v/ N- Q; A$ d, h7 p# fRESA Research, Evaluation, and Systems Analysis simulation facility (USN), San Diego,8 ~% m5 i4 e, Y2 a! E1 h, N2 W CA. 5 G; J; w+ y* `/ r( S" qRescission An action by the President canceling budget authority previously appropriated ; K4 i2 p1 A3 sbut not yet obligated or spent. If both Houses of Congress do not approve the/ |0 S6 ?+ i0 q0 s proposed rescission within 45 days, the President must obligate the BA as Y! ]3 d2 _2 e6 p- P _ intended by Congress.9 o# S1 }3 r9 s1 N+ l4 K7 [ Research and( f/ H8 y' B, g0 K Development 3 {/ U4 n5 `& y, Q" u5 p, ~' T' tCosts + l# `, X/ u7 c' W0 ]$ NThose program costs primarily associated with R&D efforts including the- O" |" ?, m- e3 P# a/ Z development of a new or improved capability to the point where it is ready for/ u Q) M5 ^4 W6 W use. They include equipment costs funded under RDT&E appropriations and; j& m! N9 I! i. C# ?- i related military construction appropriation costs. They exclude costs that appear( {# N0 h; U6 T$ O# b in the military personnel, operation and maintenance, and procurement( {, P7 }% m$ W' | appropriations. - E4 t: \: E: J0 J& N. A4 F" CResearch, ! q% O' G- n$ {' {Development,( d9 s ?* B- t Test, and 4 Z- @! {7 U% B( a) D7 vEvaluation " M% }! ^8 O- K7 N; m( F# @(RDT&E). u! \" {# n9 {* _ Activities for the development of a new system that include basic and exploratory' R& J+ _# {. ^$ Z1 e/ A/ @) r. G# d research, advanced and engineering development, development and4 N5 K, x0 N# v: a operational testing and the evaluation of test results. Also, an appropriation 0 v4 B7 O5 v* L8 |% h% m% icategory that includes funds allocated to the FYDP major force program 6.9 q6 m: C. `! P. q' ~- k3 ? (Defense Systems Management College)' Q2 M- D# B& _% j4 U. o Resident Space" l9 L- G( ~! q Object (RSO)1 d7 b% T# q% W The Cheyenne Mountain Complex maintains object, which is currently on-orbit , h* h* r8 d2 E5 H' F$ \and whose element set parameters.; M6 F: ? V2 M& ~ MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R ' h. H+ a% M3 C* [6 j3 G, A3 c6 s2485 @$ q3 w7 _3 U! ?' k1 r7 K6 u. x! S RESOL Resolution. 6 T# `% H9 o) pResolution (1) The ability of a sensor to measure the separation of an image into its ( T3 E( h; Q7 A( G$ V% qconstituent objects so that single objects are visible and distinguishable. ?1 u' Z' k% G (2) A measurement of the smallest detail that can be distinguished by a. F* z$ W# x; X9 ^ sensor system under specific conditions.4 {# W% N6 J! y5 Q Response Plan# S. ~0 P" U5 C2 ]% c# a3 g Selection 5 d9 Q, ]1 P" _$ e; p! ^9 I8 z! JThe continual comparison of the nature of the observed threat with the defense+ a* J( a, V4 }( E. u system capabilities and selects the best way to attack the threat in accordance . S# t* ^' D5 }$ @# G- ywith established priorities and specified strategy. & }9 f! p# u% H$ U8 G4 eResponsive ; O) J) ?2 C2 ?9 d) X5 b9 D6 }, yThreat 4 e/ I7 M/ Y- W$ J3 M& SThe threat after taking into account modernization and countermeasures3 l2 R3 p8 h9 D+ l& ~# F! U! o introduced to offset the capabilities of the SDS.$ N0 q: k& S- u+ u4 Q. j1 t R( x+ h Restitution The process of determining the true planimetric position of objects whose images " F6 X$ U2 q3 A( @# Fappear on photographs.+ k$ u: T, J' L Retrofit Action Action taken to modify in-service equipment. % `5 ?! ?- B, N4 W6 pRetrograde Orbit An orbit having inclination of 0 to 90 degrees (See Prograde Orbit). . ~0 U7 {4 V6 ]# G; U4 _Reverse ) \; V u/ i5 ~( ^0 REngineering, {4 N3 B. M1 g% X6 I' j% m) f# H The process of analyzing a computer system’s software to identify components- k) S- m9 q) R. H# o and their interrelationships. % ?; E% P# i7 L- s0 a' a& [REVIC Revised Enhanced Version of Intermediate COCOMO (Computer term). $ _! W5 ^0 b0 ?% N! X7 N7 TRevisit Interval The time that elapses between successive observations of an object from a 2 U' {& m+ R+ y% E, @single sensor.

使用道具 举报

98#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:59 |只看该作者
RF (1) Radio Frequency. (2) Response Force.+ U. l) o1 p8 j y& ~' t RFFEL Radio Frequency Linac.7 j" g0 l9 I5 ~ RFI (1) Request for Issue. (2) Request for Information. (3) Radio Frequency 0 S; [' ^9 G# k- {Interference. * ?' P: J8 o* m9 a- p# a0 B( [RFL Radio Frequency Linac.9 e% o. i( L7 x6 g/ o& Z" T" e RFLINAC Radio Frequency Linear Accelerator. 7 V# T/ G0 F8 T4 D) K) _( x: bRFOG Resonant Fiber Optic Gyro. 5 ?7 d8 K6 v1 wRFP Request for Proposal. L- g$ M# i; I6 B0 i2 p: [6 c- t% c5 cRFQ Radio Frequency Quadrupole (Accelerator). $ H" A% M1 }! Y8 NRG (1) Rail Gun. (2) Review Group.* G0 h- _5 q! Q" n! K- g; T RGB Red, Green, Blue (Video Engineering term).* y* N+ p1 Z% p0 { RH Radiation Hardened. 4 p/ x2 S# {+ X+ NRH Electronics Radiation Hardened Electronics.) l0 a; ~. K2 q' [ RHD Radiation Hardened Electronics. * W' a& \2 K G/ o; m( h# {MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R% n z" K/ ^) ~& g+ J4 \ 249 7 L" ^" m2 @- h" }, ?RHETT II (1) Russian Half Effect Thruster Technology Program.0 r- v+ f4 n6 o5 K- b (2) Russian Hall Electric Thruster Test.1 n1 h/ v3 {1 \4 _$ Z. r Ri Inherent Reliability. ' @% h( ^8 i+ ^& Z! t: q, v3 SRIA Range Insensitive Axes. / l4 }: h0 K* ~1 ~ d9 sRIBIT Reverse Illuminated Blocked Impurity Transducer.! s8 G6 u) L: D3 c! H RICBM Retro Intercontinental Ballistic Missile. . D' m: Y* V/ b/ Y( kRIIA Royal Institute of International Affairs (UK).6 @5 N: T$ u/ Y! c) ~ RIL Repair Items List (ILS term)., y. M! o- R- F RINT Unintentional Radiation Intelligence.; q( S+ J: ~9 m0 x L2 ] RIS Radar Instruction Set Computer.- r+ k% d( r% }% [& }+ C1 e RISC Reduced Instruction Set Computers. $ ~ p0 B9 ~$ q8 ORISCAE RISC Ada Environment.; }, m9 w* r9 u0 x- Y Risk Approval $ T. z# o5 t# _9 M6 u: mAuthority (RAA) & B7 `: ^0 ~. R% \An individual designated by the Director, MDA who makes risk acceptance 3 y5 q7 a2 j( z3 g2 i3 V* G. |decisions. The RAA evaluates trade-offs between threats and such factors as4 T- [: f# ]1 z5 V, X cost, security, survivability, and safety to achieve a functionally operational,: e9 m! B4 ?- ~& K/ m affordable, and secure system.) ^, _9 k5 C. b5 f( j3 y Risk Assessment The process of subjectively determining the probability that a specific interplay of8 ~% S9 |- i/ V4 r% N- ?8 E performance, schedule, and cost as an objective, will or will not be attained1 D, Z, d" I8 P) N/ W0 o along the planned course of action. (Defense Systems Management College) / ^ C9 C5 t3 Q8 x, YRISTA Reconnaissance, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition.0 d9 p1 d; i& c5 G" m& l" b" G& @ RIU Range Interface Unit.# D) `9 G8 L; E Rivet Joint RC-135 reconnaissance aircraft. - J5 P8 ]+ U) ?RIVET JOINT Name of USAF Reconnaissance project.2 D' a7 b* n# V! ? RIW Reliability Incentive Warranty. 6 z/ N b: Y! E# kRL Rome Laboratory, Griffiss Business and Technology Park, NY. (Formerly called 1 u. B \8 o# ]3 n( x& k& _. ~Rome Air Development Center.) % G* E0 m$ \( ~: Z; S; M( ]8 IRLA Repair of Level Analysis (ILS term).' a8 n. w6 Q( T1 \ RLG Ring Laser Gyro. ' W" P* N, a. }& d D2 x3 _1 cRLRIU Routing Logic Radio Interface Unit (PATRIOT).5 p# h6 w' C2 t4 j9 m RLRIU-U Routing Logic Radio Interface Unit – Upgrade (USA term).* m1 E0 x- @6 g: M+ k Rm Mission Reliability (ILS term). 9 l5 G- H, V& H4 XRM Radioman (USN term).) Y# X! p4 h$ o MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R5 V2 Y0 B% I# n 250 8 X3 Y: w# j" W2 n: N) n* N7 wRMA (1) Reliability, Maintainability and Availability (see RAM) (ILS term).& }8 j1 C0 B+ { (2) Revolution in Military Affairs (OSD term). % D6 F% K% F: t) IRMCET Resource Management Concurrent Engineering Team.4 c' k' }. ^5 I RME (1) Relay Mirror Experiment (a satellite launched February 1990 and which7 y5 Q( k) _0 X; y8 ^1 j reentered the atmosphere in May 1993). (2) Remote Multiplexer Encoder. " v, h- d) T5 l0 `RMI Republic of the Marshall Islands. ! s3 W& L6 Z+ W- K6 oRMO Reflectivity.1 w) p$ f9 Y# T# l, T: w RMP Risk Management Plan./ Z3 a6 u9 s3 f8 P0 H RMS (1) Remote Manipulator System. (2) Root Mean Square. 7 d. e2 E O( l _$ `6 M$ [RNAS REL NAV Analytic Simulator (JTIDS term). 7 \3 H( ^% P% l8 u% h6 RRNLAF Royal Netherlands Air Force.* |0 V7 }, U/ D9 f, J4 ]# K RNLN Royal Netherlands Navy./ e i3 _: @8 I0 X2 X5 R$ x# i6 p) { ROB Remote Operating Base.+ |, B* ]" P4 S" m# H) E ROBS Rapid Optical Beam Steering (system). e- B( d9 i9 M( wRobust Used in describing a system; indicates its ability to endure and perform its 0 Q( M! L3 J1 C- u! H | Gmission against a responsive threat. Also used to indicate system ability to $ R! J$ ]2 T! J) lsurvive under direct attack.# i8 C6 o. k' q/ N& } Robustness (1) The ability to produce correct results despite input errors. - _' p4 R/ M, E0 m+ D(2) The existence of coordinated, multiple capabilities that perform the same 1 m$ }2 U& [8 D" S0 pbroad task/mission. Provides the BMD warfighter with sufficient flexibility8 x. t7 J s) S to negate the specified threat with application of a variable mix of ground . F4 f8 A$ S) N: ]4 e' T3 b5 |7 eand space-based systems. (USSPACECOM) " l" `' x4 x. MROC (1) Regional Operations Center. (2) Required Operational Capability. 3 f3 V% [; w1 M4 q; a& kROCC Regional Operations Control Center.' |2 a9 A' A3 E/ o ROD Record of Decision.! r U: U) o$ L" I ROE Rules of Engagement. ; T+ }# P$ E/ |. IROF Rate of Fire 3 v0 ^; j# N5 I9 `5 g" C/ EROI Return on Investment.4 g- P2 [& O6 O& @ ROK Republic of Korea.( \9 {5 e4 E8 F2 @$ ~ ROM Rough Order of Magnitude $ {0 M" o& a( H# n! S5 RROOM Real-time Object-Oriented Methodology. 7 F( `2 E& _6 d Q/ hRORSAT Radar Ocean Reconnaissance Satellite. / \4 c8 l! c" i. k2 o. A+ {" i* |ROV Remotely Operated Vehicle. 3 E2 c1 D9 `: d0 l5 L$ WMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R" Y( ^* I& q8 ~6 {& k# ^ 251 * L! B1 W- Z, C! h( G4 g" _+ `ROW Rest-of-World. ; B- Z# H" b# I3 n- @RP (1) Repetitive Pulse. (2) Readiness Posture.( x! C% F6 D! Y, t) I6 K8 U Z RP&C Resource Planning and Coordination. 2 u( _- s: ^' rRPAC Resource Performance Analysis Center.6 A# G) r6 t0 h/ ^2 B; i% g6 T RPIE Real Property Installed Equipment.! M8 D9 {3 n- ^ rpm Revolutions per minute. * a# |2 L6 i: J4 m: d& q' uRPV Remotely Piloted Vehicle.$ m. o8 @" @1 k2 J6 W1 p2 f Rqmt Requirement." O% R) j+ ^2 ]7 T4 A RQMTS Requirements.4 O6 e2 @* o+ M4 K RQn Review Question (AFMC term). , _, {4 x% z7 b" l( j9 dRRDI Range Resolved Doppler Imagining * j. w) K5 O+ X2 f- cRRFD Risk Reduction Flight Demonstration. v# P2 H1 `- y% BRRG Requirements Review Group. + R! Z' k* N+ m' n E) M# D/ v8 o9 M# dRS Radar Set (PATRIOT).

使用道具 举报

99#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:19:09 |只看该作者
RSA Russian Space Agency. * I$ l3 R( k8 K. JRSI Rationalization, Standardization, and Interoperability. # u, s# U0 D% o' VRSIP Radar System Improvement Program.& p* l8 k% O+ R3 a; Z% o+ K% C1 O: s RSO Resident Space Object.+ L9 W! }; R0 ~* q! { RSOI Reception, Staging, Operation and force Integration (Joint Forces term).# J" c1 ]4 X! R: l9 r- d+ ~2 W RSRE Royal Signal and Radar Establishment (UK).1 D x9 X7 x7 k. U1 | RST Radar System Test (THAAD-GBR)7 M) b5 j: k) b( l RSTA Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition. - k; @3 O. P, N0 jRSTER Radar Surveillance Technology Experimental Radar (UHF).% i9 R, g! B. y0 f" A# a- e, M RSU Remote Switching Unit.$ O, F/ q2 r, h RSV Re-supply vehicle.4 q- f7 ^& V X) a! `, m8 }/ d0 h RT (1) Relocation Time (ILS term). (2) Repair Task Distribution (ILS term). ) A0 D5 C: C+ B" M4 }4 qRTC Report to Congress. 6 h+ d' ^" C- c! f G# sRTCA Real Time Casualty Assessment (US Army term). 7 c8 f- O4 W \+ D0 z/ C' xRTD Radar Technology Demonstration.3 E2 n4 h# P1 m; |" ~* d) Q MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R' z# c8 S8 {4 ~ 252 & B' c! O2 v4 e, eRTF Release To Fleet (USN term). ) Q+ \9 m. ^) g" M% c/ p, i+ K+ DRTG Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator. $ J" l2 G* x/ M+ r- W" Y6 jRTIM Radar Technology Identification Methodology./ M* _% U' f" P0 A2 I RTO Responsible Test Organization. 5 S) q2 x; K: iRTOV Real Time Operational Verification.4 ?6 b9 d, G) X1 p) M% t RTOVF Real Time Operational Verification Facility (US Army term). 1 P8 V$ b" y: y1 T2 PRTS (1) Request To Send (Telecomm/Computer term). (2) Remote Tracking Station. ! K9 I4 m4 e4 M; {/ O9 ]6 gRTWP Real Time Wave form Processor (Advanced Technology Demonstration Radar & Z" H$ @, C1 S$ g ~' Gterm). 1 A f( y/ ~0 N. E% g+ A. ZRules of" V6 R: `8 H8 b v3 P Engagement3 V- e' w6 B5 ~0 b+ E; A (ROE) ' z) C+ q U& U1 ?: tDirectives issued by competent military authority which delineate the ( O9 L! s* b; E8 [/ E7 H3 Ocircumstances and limitations under which United States forces will initiate and/or) |. a& u: }( R% ]% v6 r continue combat engagement with other forces encountered.+ w/ I7 R& d; x5 Y% p2 \ k9 Y RUPS Resource User ID and Password System. & v* Q5 Z# Y+ x, uRUSI Royal United Services Institute (UK).9 N$ o7 \/ S# i3 @* J- l+ t) G RV See Reentry Vehicle. 2 S% l0 W* o+ U) F M) \( vRV Complex A reentry vehicle and its associated objects.7 ~+ q8 O3 r" F. l RV Temperature The temperature of the heat given off by the RV that allows sensors to acquire2 S0 h& I. S3 s: K6 p; w them. & w+ @4 h7 ~$ E, {5 Q( R2 Y# tRVAO Reentry Vehicle Associated Objects.; y7 t' Q+ s1 N, s/ z7 x& X Rvw Review. + S# q b" A; ?' L4 x3 iRW (1) Radiological Weapon. (2) Rotary Wing.8 d! q4 i9 d7 l$ d3 ~ RWPD Real Time Waveform Processing Demonstration. 5 | }) ?3 C0 {" R( gRWR Radar Warning Receiver. % V: R( i& j9 i$ i9 I" S7 [RWS Remote Workstation. , m1 K. f2 `$ }4 J+ ~2 \RX (1) Receive. (2) Receiver." Z* n. W7 Q9 l MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S & ^$ `" W7 p% I i4 c! j: Z- p% G253 5 @) ?& v& k' L' ~9 p) z1 dS Start. : i% J: u) d1 C+ U$ m) vS&A Safe and Arm.* {/ f% _" Q# o. X2 b5 B! P! H S&T Science and Technology./ L3 [6 x8 l: j2 n S&TI Scientific and Technical Intelligence. 5 `3 v, `6 {2 LS&TNF Strategic and Theater Nuclear Forces. $ l4 g1 o# X) R) c: _+ `7 jS/N (1) Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Also called SNR). (2) Serial Number. 0 c& N# B* Q: A/ yS/NF Secret/No Foreign Security Marking./ a; n8 O M5 E S/O Survivability/Operability., y6 c A; z [) P& ~ S/SU/AC Systems/System Upgrade/Advanced Concept. 7 ~! ~: s3 u$ H0 ?: \: rS/T Search/Track.9 `9 D! |4 O: L( W9 I, p* Z S/V Survivability and Vulnerability.0 Y1 M2 Y6 r, P7 j6 n S/W Software." q; Q( J1 `7 q; c# h' u S2 Synchronized and Synergized. ! }( L5 F' y9 r) {1 NS3 E Space-Based KEW System Simulator/Emulator. . g: o1 A( m7 F# |SA (1) Situation Awareness& X! j- v/ N2 ^& U' S (2) Secretary of the Army.8 w9 X# k+ ^& F( n! k SA&I System Architecture and Integration. * b9 }7 \# c1 O+ n' MSA-N Surface-to-Air, Naval. : f S1 g5 M# P1 i. eSA/BM OBSOLETE. Systems Analysis/Battle Management.* K0 {8 H# `, ^5 @ V; x+ Z SA/PDL Strategic Defense Ada Process Description Language. . I# z- ?5 B- M, D6 ?9 zSAAWC Sector Anti-Air Warfare Coordinator (USMC). : I. A$ Z) s9 dSAAWF Sector Anti-Air Warfare Facility (USF term).2 `5 T, }# w* K3 c SABRS Space and Atmospheric Burst Reporting System. & }* ?& d4 p7 B9 j3 SSAC (1) OBSOLETE. Strategic Air Command (see USSTRATCOM). ( u# s; }( E0 t* e* b4 i* d' h W/ q* G(2) Senate Appropriations Committee (US).4 y: ^5 }. k, N! z" A# W) \ SACCS SAC Control System.2 o8 z8 `( y1 H& |% H3 t" c SACEUR Supreme Allied Command, Europe. 4 {. ?! E: j$ s) B% E" ?$ T9 X" [SACLANT Supreme Allied Command, Atlantic.8 t6 J1 K6 [+ m SACMA Suppliers of Advanced Composite Materials Association. 9 A( ]) d, T0 kSADA Standard Advanced Dewar Assembly.; `, M {% ^ V8 R2 D MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S 1 C- m6 B5 f3 O! ~+ R254 ; n i0 s; ?! |9 PSADBU Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (of OSD). % v3 K9 Z# K8 H1 vSADM System Acquisition Decision Memorandum (Army).( C8 U" ^+ A4 h: U* f SADO Senior Operations Duty Officer (JFACC term).- r6 u9 V: i J) ~9 J+ v SAE Service Acquisition Executive. . z- w% A+ @1 w* I" F+ Z1 t; p( H2 a1 x4 `SAFEGUARD A U.S. midcourse and terminal phase defense for ICBMs, deployed in 1975 and0 R% q7 g3 w# m U% o$ n3 V deactivated in 1976 due to its limited cost effectiveness.2 {# w% p+ m9 O/ ^) {' N SAFSCOM OBSOLETE. SAFEGUARD System Command. ! o- O3 g$ i& M' F) w, A5 sSAG Senior Advisory Group. : O+ i, }, F) A. XSAGE Semi-Automatic Ground Environment {Air Defense System}. & h( k4 m$ m5 b: X bSAH Semi-active homing.8 q- Z4 \4 p' _. k) D2 K& F0 o' A" ^ SAIC Scientific Applications International Corporation.) O6 C, X$ L& T0 h% T Saint A satellite inspector system designed to demonstrate the feasibility of2 h( u$ i! q0 Z0 [' n$ W intercepting, inspecting, and reporting on the characteristics of satellites in orbit. ! T9 f# ~0 A: f& m& P6 {) x. ^6 pSAINT (1) Satellite Interceptor. (2) Shared Adaptive Internet Technology. 3 d& m3 R, g) k- [SAIP Semi-Automated Imagery Processing.6 y* r7 x8 y8 ? SAKT System Architecture and Key Tradeoffs (SDIO term). $ M# p x+ `. QSAL Strategic Arms Limitation. 3 J0 G* {7 C1 d8 bSALT Strategic Arms Limitation Talks.+ b m5 u/ B1 R7 u Salvage Fusing The means by which a warhead detonates when an interceptor structurally 0 s# ~8 P# \: R. R3 V2 S3 a. d) N& mattacks it. Generally used as a device for disruption of the defense.5 q, s* `! s0 S9 O0 h4 G SAM Surface-to-Air Missile. M* N% I3 a, Q: S! L- P6 Y1 M& zSAM-D Surface to-Air Missile, Model D (now PATRIOT). ]! K; ?2 ?* q8 W$ w+ f SAMD Security Assistance Management Division.: J8 n3 L( i7 Q& u+ | SAMM Software Acquisition Maturity Matrix.9 H4 O+ S" i, ` SAMMES Space Active Modular Materials Experiment.

使用道具 举报

100#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:19:20 |只看该作者
SAMOPA Single Accelerator Master Oscillator-Power Amplifier. / v( X: B6 X# W0 ~0 l. G8 f* V6 ]SAMOS Satellite and Missile Observation System. % W( G7 T4 E: B: }1 F: f. z6 }SAMP (1) Single Acquisition Management Plan. / P5 y" Z# S) |(2) Security Accreditation Management Plan.2 [, c7 |7 n8 t SAMP/T Sol-Air Moyenne Portee/Terre (Surface-Air Medium Portable/Terrestrial – French-" V# |! }8 n! N! f# ]3 U+ w Italian missile).) _9 B8 u+ [. Y" R& m9 @ MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S ^' w8 L) U! I& _( e2 h255 % C i# {) ^3 {. Z, q! T! @; vSAMS Spacecraft Assembly, Maintenance and Servicing Study.4 x: J2 O% e( r- d) ^/ L2 I SAMTEC OBSOLETE. Space and Missile Systems Test Center, Vandenberg AFB, CA.7 s, K( r, o% A SAMTO OBSOLETE. Space and Missile Test Organization, Vandenberg AFB, CA.9 a8 i5 @7 i9 c% t0 ]3 G% F SAO Security Assistance Organization." A0 j4 w" N1 z" v( V SAP Special Access Program.8 J; m$ N+ J1 r2 Z& V SAR (1) Synthetic Aperture Radar. ' h1 k: X, N6 }/ B7 G5 L(2) Selected Acquisition Report.0 c7 u" n, h5 i* \! R (3) Special Access Required. 4 K9 \4 p" M; a' M( w8 P* K(4) Search and Rescue. % Q; C0 O7 k5 ~( tSARDA [Assistant] Secretary of the Army for Research, Development and Acquisition.: [7 o# |. L9 a0 k. w# ~6 E SAS (1) Shoot-Assess-Shoot. (2) System Architecture Study (SDI). % h A2 ~( r5 y4 L4 N/ z/ M( o$ pSASC Senate Arms Service Committee. (US). 8 G8 v1 g: R6 K: {+ G' @; K. W# uSASET Software Architecture Sizing and Estimating Tool.5 s( D! I" @: b/ R/ B# | SASS Space Assets Support System. ; b7 O1 q" h$ K! w" ?# zSAT Surveillance, Acquisition and Tracking.5 t8 S7 X5 S) C3 I9 T, c* \ SATAN Security Administrator’s Tool for Analyzing Networks.0 v2 I4 `- f% m& ?" V, G SATCOM Satellite Communications. 0 K# X' O L7 @, V$ ?Satellite and$ r; i' o3 J) K* j6 F: F6 { Missile " O( z3 V2 K5 K- e9 Q2 n; _6 SSurveillance z$ V. I# O+ y0 D4 bThe systematic observation of aerospace for the purpose of detecting, tracking, 2 v, x1 T5 u! U" f4 yand characterizing objects, events, and phenomena associated with satellites , W6 Q2 T, [1 g& }* n5 Z1 z' \% Cand in-flight missiles, both friendly and enemy.+ O" l' p- a5 n4 e9 f Satellite 1 g7 q4 k( |3 ^) ZReconnaissance$ w2 M; \8 f9 W- E' |" c& H3 H Intelligence gathered through collection systems involved in assessing the 3 ]: E' N/ Y* u9 z U) ?: Mcapabilities, methods of operation, signal intercept, photo reconnaissance, and8 v$ q& h5 N) ^6 L' j other intelligence indications and warnings that will provide information for SDS . [9 `/ `% } r6 @, ?+ l! _assets. N. m9 P" v0 M& |* \ SATKA Surveillance, Acquisition, Tracking, and Kill Assessment.) P1 G. ~) ~' s( V SATP Space Applications Technology Program. ' ^) l; }* ~5 p- y* r2 vSATRAK Satellite Tracking. 5 y3 o+ M- H- }9 n2 {- D" k9 SSATURN Name of NASA rocket booster. 3 ~1 L2 I0 }3 \0 {4 m9 x }SATVUL Satellite Vulnerability.5 \; N1 c1 p) ] SAW (1) Surface Acoustic Wave. (2) Satellite Attack Warning.8 G3 g/ z; b4 e% @( r! F: z. P SAW/V Satellite Attack Warning and Verification. 5 \' \5 T: {. G' A4 Q. eSAWAFE Satellite Attack Warning and Assessment Flight Experiment.& Z2 i9 T: W. Y; s, f5 Z SBA (1) Space-Based Assets. (2) Small Business Administration.3 }( p: I1 R$ i: _! |9 z, V+ s$ v MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S g7 e$ _3 s0 J0 `) v 256/ N' A1 z6 T+ a' Z, S SBAMS Space-Based Anti-Missile System. 6 Y0 b' V, }& A- w0 ]1 DSBAS (1) Space-Based Architecture Study. (2) Space-Based Acquisition System.2 g2 e4 e" P Z2 L' }* F& o/ N7 d SBCL Space-Based Chemical Laser.9 u: l9 p, c# r8 N8 } SBD Site BMC3 Demonstration.) }$ x2 g8 T3 `# T SBE (1) Space Based Element. (2) Synthetic Battlefield Environment." g. o2 Z# H" \4 A0 B SBES Space-Based Experimental System.2 x6 E7 W2 c7 L/ y SBEV Space-Based Experimental Version. + D' o- m' s! x/ r1 s. @& QSBFEL Space-Based Free Electron Laser. 3 m6 g/ `* `/ q# E( cSBHE Space-Based Hypervelocity Gun Experiment. , _' T$ T2 B# T! }SBHRG Space-Based Hypervelocity Rail Gun.% j% u/ s/ X( D1 D& Z( ]( C SBI (1) Space-Based Interceptor. (Replaced by Brilliant Pebbles (BP).) (2) Special0 N- B$ `+ {' z, n7 Y8 V+ N: j! J Background Investigation.- g; f: z' l+ x SBI-CV OBSOLETE. Space-Based Interceptor - Carrier Vehicle. 2 ]0 h; J7 s2 O+ m5 S! |% rSBIR (1) Space-Based Infrared. (2) Small Business Innovative Research.& e( o4 Q( P4 K1 W5 _ SBIRS Space Based Infrared System.1 s! G6 A. u* g/ j' J/ e- ` SBIRS GEO SBIRS Geosynchronous Earth Orbit satellites. 1 F2 o0 F- L" a+ x. P8 USBIRS HEO SBIRS Infrared sensors hosted on satellites in Highly Elliptical Orbits.7 S8 x) g" _+ R+ k/ q. T I1 P8 K SBIRS High SBIRS high altitude component consisting of four SBIRS GEO satellites and 4 f( x8 R+ I( A( o0 F4 f0 ninfrared sensors on two HEO satellites.2 C5 L* h! N* R! ~ SBIRS LEO SBIRS Low Earth Orbit Satellites.& @0 H3 P4 s# I1 C1 U% [' O SBIRS Low SBIRS low altitude component consisting of SBIRS LEO satellites. The SBIRS ' V+ h3 i2 G* jLow component will be designed to provide precision midcourse tracking and8 \ ~* X$ t2 a discrimination data to support early interceptor commit, in-flight target updates," U1 g; l& R5 w/ ^% R1 M and target object maps for a National Missile Defense architecture. The SBIRS9 t3 @# M, A s Low component will also support the other mission areas of the SBIR system. ( o6 ?6 k& d4 ^/ @( U4 m$ j+ ~0 o(Evolution of the Space and Missile Tracking System).2 n0 |2 n Q) A+ M1 |# k: w) I/ p. E SBIS (1) Space-Based Imaging Satellite. (2) Space-Based Interceptor System.! V; i. k" U0 I+ J+ K: u' K: q3 } SBKEW Space-Based Kinetic Energy Weapon. 2 n4 \& }" f8 J. S E" h( }! ~SBKKV OBSOLETE. Space-Based Kinetic Kill Vehicle.: m* |6 f7 s+ t8 Z" c% ] SBKV Space-Based Kill Vehicle.. @5 y6 ?0 Z- F. ?/ ^ SBL Space-Based Laser. # {- \3 k2 s [. s1 a8 ySBLRD Space-Based Laser Readiness Demonstrator.+ E$ O9 N7 a4 ^5 \) Q+ ~1 e& _ MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S, g. r- O4 I- z+ O# x; Z 257 9 k& f/ b! n* L& p# Y7 hSBM (1) Space-Based Battle Manager. (2) Strategic Ballistic Missile. c$ x: H5 b1 U2 X1 ?) ~6 w SBNPB Space-Based Neutral Particle Beam. $ U' L7 S& b0 V' L- L( ?SBNPBW Space-Based Neutral Particle Beam Weapon.* k$ b- J. x+ j/ P SBPB Space-Based Particle Beam. 7 Y( {0 l& {! g: F! VSBR Space-Based Radar.. V' n2 p- E4 E9 C1 J0 X: E1 m2 ] SBRF Space-Based Radio Frequency.

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

Archiver|航空论坛 ( 渝ICP备10008336号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-26 07:09 , Processed in 0.031200 second(s), 9 queries .