找回密码
 注册
搜索
楼主: 帅哥
打印 上一主题 下一主题

航空缩略语词典 [复制链接]

91#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:17:35 |只看该作者
Production9 M8 Q0 O) {7 s9 }+ W" U Acceptance Test 6 A( x5 g( B* K# land Evaluation : m& b3 R: M* d" D. l' O3 i" u5 uT&E of production items to demonstrate that items procured fulfill the - H! H- H5 s z2 H- Wrequirements and specifications of the procuring contract or agreements. s: A. k8 \, ]7 v' M9 D4 E8 o Production and - x6 K# m0 S7 O2 j2 rDeployment7 M: l0 c# t3 M! h0 m2 @2 q Normally the fourth phase in the acquisition process following Milestone III.) K0 e2 i4 K& R: p6 I Systems are procured, items are manufactured, operational units are trained, 4 @% g( U! A9 z L. {: S. v7 tand the systems are deployed. ; z4 ^0 o; @+ p7 e3 B- wProduction - Q+ z" {$ i- ^- z9 z# {Baseline 6 W4 Q0 G, [) x! [+ b' SThe Acquisition Program Baseline (APB) approved at Milestone III, applicable to : ~: h8 _6 s% I! Ethe effort in Phase III, Production and Deployment." Y, |- a# W2 W; G5 J2 C* q Production % t2 m% x2 V. e+ fControl # ~+ V" q$ b6 ^The procedure of planning, routing, scheduling, dispatching, and expediting the ( ?5 }/ e+ ^. X2 rflow of materials, parts, subassemblies, and assemblies within the plant from the g- |4 _3 [% D! ~* [/ Uraw state to the finished product in an orderly and efficient manner.9 G+ L- J) _+ F Production 1 L. K! L& r3 @- r* f6 z% R. CFeasibility* V# U* ~4 E. [' j9 s The likelihood that a system design concept can be produced using existing* d0 G$ o8 Y! ]$ F production technology while simultaneously meeting quality, production rate, and 3 x1 F3 @. y( J/ |4 f. pcost requirements." J3 y$ P4 w G2 f% y# k3 d Production - a! y9 q: l9 \7 ]3 Z) |, o% E6 g& xQualification Test- h+ ]; n: ]3 ~. H" ] (PQT) / N. d+ j% f$ O* L4 JA technical test conducted post MS III to ensure the effectiveness of the 6 W4 R& }: b/ c; S$ A8 m8 [manufacturing process, equipment, and procedures. This testing also serves the 4 v/ g6 }& Q$ F1 U Cpurpose of providing data for the independent evaluation required for materiel & d. P( i4 i0 E6 W1 urelease so that the evaluator can address the adequacy of the materiel with & U% W& L0 ^5 r1 ~+ P7 D4 e& |respect to the stated requirements. These tests are conducted on a number of# r$ l" H3 D7 n0 e3 B9 ]" H samples taken at random from the first production lot, and are repeated if the % ~8 U. n9 l' b$ _9 F* i7 v- Gprocess or design is changed significantly, and when a second or alternative; B" ]2 r" f, G4 p1 i1 K source is brought on line. Program funding category -- Procurement.+ z' r2 j" `% {$ T Production . j7 F% `0 Q0 ]- \Readiness 4 s: P: e( V) ~The state or condition or preparedness of a system to proceed into production. " U. E7 K' U/ l5 K8 J. ~8 e: x( D* kA system is ready for production when the producibility of the production design ^$ q) Y8 j0 d& }and the managerial and physical preparations necessary for initiating and! {+ N9 f" |, i8 s0 m' ]8 h' J* k sustaining a viable production effort have progressed to the point where a& P7 T2 Y( ^- T* S production commitment can be made without incurring unacceptable risks that5 w9 D- \& M' R- E will breach thresholds of schedule, performance, cost, or other established% ]/ o- I! R( t T criteria. # e! g6 t, b4 F8 }, a: TProduction6 e8 D' D+ J' } Readiness 5 }7 ~. {: ^0 ]. J, S* z" _4 ` tReview (PRR) 4 ?. n% Y6 n, }0 R* Z( AA formal examination of a program to determine if the design is ready for1 d! S9 x7 o6 s2 e production, production-engineering problems have been resolved, and the9 S( s- {8 o c: B g/ e producer has accomplished adequate planning for the production phase. 1 Q) a+ Q) @3 w$ S, PPerformed toward the end of FSD. (Defense Systems Management College) # ~4 }3 w5 ]! U1 pPrograde Orbit An orbit having an inclination of between 0° and 90° with the object moving in an8 a: I7 o6 b8 z; V2 O easterly direction. (Retrograde Orbit.) 0 _/ J! d# W- o/ `# f" pMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P $ H+ N% v* L9 I) L233 + h E6 Z: }' v: d9 iProgram (1) A DoD acquisition program. 0 r/ V8 r2 h% l- v(2) As a verb, schedule funds to meet requirements and plans. 7 C# i* Y( @& i6 @9 Z(3) A major, independent part of a software system.% ^& _) k1 f, K6 O (4) A defined effort funded by RDT&E and/or procurement appropriations8 \# o0 V1 u3 Q# M% m# m8 G with the express objective of providing a new or improved capability in ' p/ w! `1 ]9 R, F0 u! gresponse to a stated mission need or deficiency.9 {& S# S% N3 M2 ` Program 6 v- V# y3 [6 D* c# `; e3 Z& ?3 s' IAcquisition Cost $ c t4 l! E$ Z: U: p* FThe estimated cost of development (RDT&E), procurement, and system specific 1 P9 S6 R9 v; emilitary construction (MILCON) necessary to acquire the defense system. RDT&E - i4 \% H8 q P% P8 s& j( tcosts shall be accumulated from the point in time when the DoD acquisition / l+ I$ \2 W; [5 W+ V5 Q& zprogram is designated by title as a program element or major project within a 1 r' p) o/ F+ N- Jprogram element. MILCON costs shall include only those projects that directly 1 D/ s5 G1 f j B1 Isupport and uniquely identify with the system. S7 t: Q3 z8 zProgram . V4 N. Z4 k" m% }0 {) UBaseline * b, F2 B( [% i! T% S9 HAcquisition Program Baseline.0 x1 v6 K% ~) a8 \1 c: ] Program Budget9 r0 H4 t" Z" N+ ~ Decision (PBD) * e1 A. j+ p6 J0 PSecretary of Defense decision documents that affirm or change dollar amounts 5 x' a* @" U! [7 f( M: e9 }or manpower allowances in the services’ budget estimate submissions. / M" a- X* w1 y# q6 q$ ?Program Change4 a+ c* `$ q- P, f. x; R6 I" D Decision2 O, k1 B* `0 w' @ A$ D A decision by SECDEF issued in a prescribed format that authorizes changes in + ~1 P! X: h, u* e1 @! V! _6 nthe structure of the FYDP.5 W4 v t$ p7 S( l7 ?2 J5 W Program Change5 ^% v6 o- \: l9 ^: y! a Request& u) c7 l, s/ y/ l6 |- A Prepared in a prescribed format, it is a proposal for out-of-cycle changes to data 8 g. N, m$ J! wrecorded in the approved FYDP. 5 ?1 L& e' F; ?1 g* U) l* Q! E' zProgram Cost 8 n) y$ R7 A& D1 ~- eCategories+ U9 S1 b+ G$ G6 f. m Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation. Appropriations to fund the " @2 L! ~! n) \- r3 F, pefforts performed by contractors and government activities, including ( G# a' f5 y- n% _% \0 e+ nprocurement of end items, weapons, materiel, components, materials and & d; y% ~4 A- r3 Y2 @, n. M9 Yservices required for the development of equipment, material, computer $ Y$ w. `2 W6 r" _4 U, Vapplication software, and its development and initial operational test and8 ^. T1 U }) `: ~' f# o4 v evaluation. RDT&E also funds the operation of dedicated R&D installations5 ~6 K M9 {; m2 G, f3 Y activities for the conduct of R&D programs.

使用道具 举报

92#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:17:50 |只看该作者
Procurement. Appropriations to fund those acquisition programs that have been - N2 W- B( e" sapproved for production, and all costs integral and necessary to deliver a useful7 |1 w u0 |5 ]6 ~& h6 o end item intended for operational use or inventory upon delivery. 5 v: s, O! |0 [9 ^# s0 oOperations & Maintenance. Appropriations to fund expenses such as civilian" `6 x; N% U0 s& S salaries, travel, minor construction projects, operating military forces, training and! m U# X) O/ w% | education, depot maintenance, stock funds, and base operations support. 7 c1 U# ~' a7 m( ?+ zMilitary Personnel. Appropriations to fund costs of salaries and other$ V. B5 S, G/ V$ z compensation for active and retired military personnel and reserve forces based6 q) N) h' o& S- \) L on end strength. 9 ^8 I4 H u- V* q0 z( D4 ?& _# V( Q: GMilitary Construction. Appropriations to fund major projects such as bases, / C: ]3 z+ c7 s4 lschools, missile storage facilities, maintenance facilities, medical/dental clinics,4 f5 D. P$ Q+ Z0 d# E# t libraries, and military family housing./ C$ s+ m) P/ W Costs budgeted in the O&M and Military Personnel appropriations are9 S9 Z7 V g6 K, L% w- I) ?5 M considered expenses. Costs budgeted in the Procurement and Military; S4 J/ F3 b% W( N1 Y1 q Construction appropriations are considered investments. Costs budgeted in the ; h% `; s' n7 s& R, @RDT&E and Family Housing appropriations include both expenses and 4 T6 _/ J: [8 L6 b1 Hinvestments., t' u$ J7 F# z$ x MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P ) U( I# Y8 m1 |) e j2349 [! n) r- x& q, g# i Program: ~4 M0 f- ~# s+ V# F Decision; ?1 ~& _# z' n# U3 ] Memorandum , R. f2 h' Q& r7 w* }' }(PDM) & `( U0 }# `" JSECDEF’s approval of Military Department or Defense Agency POM with $ Z1 H7 r- h6 K7 Mtentative specific guidance. Issued in July every two years during biennial " P5 y" U8 V z0 pPPBS.9 J/ |! p! p) c! b7 o Program # q7 \. Q3 d/ h. ?: l K$ PDevelopment and 1 Z( v( d6 ~, c% @& HRisk Reduction+ @- ~" |, t) O# b (PDRR)5 J1 m. t J) H1 Q; M0 t1 H7 f. a The acquisition phase when major program characteristics and product designs a$ \$ e% X8 p) u- y7 i are refined through extensive study and analysis, hardware development, test,6 L$ I. F& J' m: W and evaluation. The objective is to validate the choice of alternatives and to' S5 A) T$ [4 f- Y* O3 l/ r provide the basis for determining whether or not to proceed into Engineering and # j$ w8 g& R# FManufacturing development (EMD). ( {3 @' t; ^* e3 M$ i9 s5 vProgram Element* y. n/ w3 o) S( q (PE) 7 F- ]& s6 Z% y3 y# GThe 11 major force elements are subdivided into Program Elements. The5 T3 r5 u% N8 r6 C7 D, q8 p- V program element is the basic building block of the FYDP. It is defined as “an 8 O: Q4 X* D8 e i1 T; Pintegrated combination of men, equipment and facilities which together : v8 L9 W8 n: T- g: E/ Yconstitute an identifiable military capability of support activity.” It identifies the, ~! I8 @; j. ~7 L mission to be undertaken and the organizational entities to perform the mission. 0 `# ^9 X3 N0 V- ~Elements may consist of forces, manpower, materiel, services, and/or associated8 W# ~; P0 U, X+ H7 t% N costs. The PE consists of seven digits ending with a letter indicating appropriate# j% S% W! |$ M5 A service.( e4 x, P5 `: u% b Program Element 8 @* w6 @" d# M* t ]5 x# {Monitor (PEM) 4 u7 |3 e* A& _2 k% s" sPerson within HQ USAF office who is directly responsible for a given program* R% q0 h/ Q. c and all documentation needed to harmonize the program in the budget. $ H5 C. E* g" _/ xProgram - a" L- B9 c X9 O# cEvaluation3 S E& e2 R. k7 ^ Review( V: M& C" [/ i) } Technique & C0 K- w2 T! c6 N( p0 ~+ ?A technique for management of a program through to completion by constructing 7 k! ?# ]4 r! e5 ?* La network model of integrated activities and events and periodically evaluating $ |; Y: L' N# Qthe time/cost implications of progress. ; a- ~* h! b! D% jProgram0 P2 k: }& k4 O7 U* X* C& a Executive Officer/ h, a- y4 U8 j) g- ? (PEO) ! c$ q5 r/ n8 K$ s- J; _A military or civilian official who has primary responsibility for directing several/ s5 \( z% B5 Z0 M- |0 c( R) v) O acquisition category I programs and for assigned Acquisition Category II, III, and$ F4 o# p. Q, r9 U" Q1 n6 S IV programs. A Program Executive Officer has no other command or staff " Q7 S: ?* h2 S- C, k: w3 Kresponsibilities within the Component, and only reports to and receives guidance 0 }% M, l2 E+ }: i6 ~6 x. `and direction from the DoD Component Acquisition Executive. ' o' E8 G/ o3 ~Program ; v# v. @2 `0 e* f. c8 |" MManagement / P/ a$ G0 s$ {The process whereby a single leader and team are responsible for planning,3 m8 E- f/ U% |0 m* E organizing, coordinating, directing, and controlling the combined efforts of 3 T. Y) `% X9 Y0 Hparticipating/assigned civilian and military personnel and organizations in% g8 p; c5 S6 y, M4 J" n accomplishing program objectives. Provides centralized authority, responsibility,5 g: n+ c, j6 g9 q1 r7 c0 C and point of contact for a specific acquisition program. 9 R# M, D& L' Z8 w K1 KProgram8 y' S* n ]' x. Q$ S Management; s. o, p* I7 [& d" s" ] Agreement (PMA) 5 f* M5 _. K. I' ZThe guiding agreement between the BMDAE and the SAEs covering the broad , g1 }, X7 D* B) C1 U- _objectives, funding, and expectations of each Service with respect to a specific / P4 L$ z# g6 @& B9 M# TMDA-funded activity. 5 L5 C4 x* y: W+ }( X8 uProgram- D, r" U. C6 {, z Management1 }1 d Z' ^8 Z" W% [/ W' { Plan : H6 z' F9 k. _* u7 F& tThe document developed and issued by the program manager, which shows the " s+ g3 e! @) j8 Y* d! eintegrated multi-functional time-phased actions and resources required to ' |3 m( O/ [% e$ H/ e9 Z0 ocomplete the task.5 \, i8 g8 T% O# Y+ H' C# N9 I: @ Program# d5 I8 E+ D+ V3 b. d3 l' C) i1 f Manager (PM) ! A1 A0 s$ D" A) G! x/ \4 R$ sA military or civilian official who is responsible for managing an acquisition ' n! @( r) }8 X$ d) @+ c/ dprogram. 9 G4 C- r: g6 u2 L" p1 cProgrammatic Pertaining to the cost, schedule, and performance characteristics of an) e& }! T& D9 A8 Z# E! v" ` acquisition program.

使用道具 举报

93#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:02 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P, y5 _! ?4 H3 ^( q 235 ; X e1 |& q9 W, [4 V7 G T( JProgram2 P8 P j! {7 c; X0 _& i! B3 V Objectives $ W7 }, v5 E4 N X0 @* U, f; M* B5 tMemorandum; J) h: @) a2 _ m2 X1 J% Y+ T- ]! c (POM)9 q( x( N& `( G9 y An annual memorandum in prescribed format submitted to the SECDEF in May# U2 y, Q7 N( X+ n by the DoD Component Head, which recommends the total resource * S3 g; s6 B- _/ D+ W* arequirements and programs within the parameters of the SECDEF's fiscal * Y; U5 ^/ \$ S; O/ L( f& j9 bguidance. A major document in the PPBS; it ultimately becomes the # T1 d2 d6 z* |: o1 {Component's budget. ( Y0 V$ T% i6 S9 q4 ~/ R% WProgram/Project . P) V5 ?3 z9 Y x% Y. g( b; xIntegrator (PI)/ k7 B( _8 Y! L! R7 C' F o3 [ The MDA staff member assigned responsibility for integrating all tasks within a+ m. y, E {$ b c project. Single point-of-contact for information and activities involving a MDA 3 c* b6 h: U+ o( v2 O2 O7 l6 u; rtechnology, NMD planning, or a TMD acquisition project. + h5 g) v. |9 L' P& DProgramming The projection of activities to be accomplished and the resources that will be # G! n: h# e, J6 \1 W5 {required for a specified period in the future. The process of preparing a6 U2 g' H a. d9 a8 Y6 x program, especially in terms of quantitative, physical requirements, manpower,: T W3 ~# e) c" h9 L materiel, and facilities. The process of establishing and maintaining a program.' i/ O/ |3 o% O- M7 V8 `7 ^2 d PROGRUS Program Update Studies. * E* L& M+ [2 N* N dProject (1) Synonymous with program in general usage. 6 M9 Z3 n% T! v8 Q(2) Specifically, a planned undertaking having a finite beginning and % l" U% J7 R/ x% cending, involving definition, development, production, and logistics7 e- U5 w: P/ `- t0 V9 {& P0 o support of a major weapon or weapon support system or systems. A 8 ?' N: m9 I+ Vproject may be the whole or a part of a program. Within the Navy, a, a/ w, z. f" Q% d' p# P Designated Project is a project, which, because of its importance or0 n1 h: H1 J+ a3 P% h' ]% x m critical nature, has been selected for intensified project management.4 A. F! B. A. p; _2 m0 e (3) A planned undertaking of something to be accomplished, produced, or + N* r4 ?* Y' I- ] D2 Y1 ~1 c7 i4 d) lconstructed, having a finite beginning and a finite ending. 7 n8 b9 C Z. v+ m- q6 u9 qProject Office The office of the program manager and the point of contact with industry,) z( q8 x5 R+ d government agencies, and other activities participating in the system acquisition ; K, Y- ^# ]3 h- a" G+ ]- M& sprocess. (USASSDC) (Note: USAF uses the term System Program Office).) R0 I8 h" I/ x+ `! }9 L6 X" h8 } Project Planning5 S/ _3 e+ `8 [3 `4 p Guidance (PPG) ' R* G7 k1 p% A0 U! D" y4 p5 \3 U, VHigh-level summary document that defines the work to be performed by each( z1 b1 W) u' L' N) Y Executing Agent in support of the BMD program. $ q6 h% r6 q( Z% I4 t$ K) hProject Summary- a z0 i" |6 B: w( F9 t6 _/ k Work Breakdown , P6 b1 r+ F: P1 k) wStructure (WBS) ! |6 z( y! K" g5 S. b* S0 SA summary WBS tailored to a specific defense materiel item by selecting 9 n- O1 v' [7 X P- \- M1 ?applicable elements from one or more summary WBSs or by adding equivalent+ E9 |# C! m3 M2 V2 v8 ?2 R elements unique to the project (MIL-STD-881A).+ i8 ]$ A8 e% G, K& S: H: q Proliferation $ {7 \: v- c9 p$ C3 K4 w9 b& p(Nuclear * @( {7 I* T2 g+ q8 c+ qWeapons) % e& c }$ E5 }8 C5 cThe process by which nations sequentially come into possession of, or acquire 8 S0 _+ o- j! p0 Bthe right to determine the use of, nuclear weapons, thus enabling each to 6 I+ }8 T4 R, q" i. r- G- Elaunch a nuclear attack upon another nation. 3 y" \' N2 P' w. [# FProof of Principle( _4 Z% P5 R: B5 A: G4 B (POP) ; [$ X" u& [4 n5 a7 U# P* A" c$ P1 |Technical demonstration and troop experimentation conducted with brassboard 8 c2 K: W, d4 fconfiguration, subsystems, or surrogate systems, using troops in a realistic field , J- v, M* F0 Y- ienvironment. The process examines the organization and operational concept,! f- n, Q/ n2 U5 t provides data to improve requirements and evaluation criteria, and provides data9 e9 ?; S& {( ]4 E on which to base the decision to enter EMD (Army).! |* }8 j8 [4 ] Proprietary Right A broad contractor term used to describe data belonging to the contractor. This- [9 n1 D' b5 U5 ?. n" H data could be intellectual property, financial data, etc. The Government when ; R' u- ~+ K2 G- U3 greferencing technical data does not recognize this category. (Defense Systems" @( w- Y) x& [2 N2 j9 Q# \ Management College Glossary) ' y7 \' i" H# G# L$ o* Z* ]& Y ZProtection: [/ c) s9 W* j ?1 e+ L Priorities , U, M; }6 T- j/ u1 bThe aggregated value for each impact point prediction specifying the order of0 z6 `% m. b# y& a% m5 y. m& j protection. * h% t) @& b* G/ k" UProto Prototype. & y) S6 Y l, [MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P; \, O3 {' |4 t3 B 236 0 V; |) J1 z" h6 m) B' yPRP Personnel Reliability Program (ILS term).3 b/ S5 C5 |2 r' M: b5 Y PRR Production Readiness Review. 6 k# J5 U% U1 q! t& cPS (1) Physical Security. (2) Product Service.! E9 o# o+ z5 f# [: F PSA Production Shakedown Availability.% Q) W0 V4 U! a: w0 j. W PSAC President’s Science Advisory Committee. ' G* k; k+ X6 ?PSC Principle Subordinate Command. 9 W* W9 m7 U7 x. z) XPSCC Physical Security Control Center. " a% x' f/ B) JPSD Power System Demonstrator. % B- ~1 G. i" I' a" E4 h) RPSE Peculiar Support Element.2 y% D2 I0 {5 I/ g+ C3 z Psi Pounds per Square Inch. 7 q% `' X0 ]: Q5 t$ ?& RPSM Portable Space Model. ! ?2 x5 O7 s+ A- t, ]; F0 B4 N f9 Z4 p# ZPSN Packet Switching Node.1 j* I q0 D( |4 A# C' R! m PSP Program Support Plan.# e* u( h- {6 n o$ a8 p) { PSRR Preliminary System Requirements Review.! z+ Z( q, Q$ Y a% g PSS (1) Passive Sensor System. (2) Passive Surveillance Sensor (Project 1106 term). ( H# J8 J7 a4 ?2 v$ BPSSC Preliminary System Security Concept.4 J9 T% q7 [& c# ` PSW Packet Switching. , O6 U. u. X4 q8 lPSYOP Psychological Operations. a" B5 K- M# aPsyOps Psychological Operations. ) [* H( W% z4 X8 CPTBT Partial Test Ban Treaty.1 ?) J( Z/ i- T8 i1 n: Q PTDB Problem Tracking Data Base.3 ~7 M" G9 r) [( j5 \* Q PTE Processor Test Environment.1 p9 l% B% V0 b1 W$ G) s7 K. T PTI Pacific Telecom, Incorporated.

使用道具 举报

94#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:13 |只看该作者
PTO Participating Test Organization. 3 M: Z" f3 `: mPTPM Product Transition Procedure Manual.2 }5 u+ G. T/ `/ e1 } PtSi Platinum Silicide. + \# K0 @+ Q( C9 Z+ ^, CPTV Propulsion Test Vehicle.: G$ W/ f# z1 X9 v f5 \$ B PTWG Producible Technology Working Groups.6 b+ d% Z# u2 O0 X2 k" y Pu Plutonium. ' |& a0 R, [& i( q9 iMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P5 k' n! F. o6 u1 J2 l+ s 237/ s8 v$ @3 Q$ D! K; X Pulse Duration In radar, measurement of pulse transmission time in microseconds, that is, the 2 \' y U$ V+ i) D9 @: B, ftime the radar’s transmitter is energized during each cycle. ^! M9 R ]- YPulse Repetition ' T6 H' Q! [! i( D" @1 ?Frequency 9 ^8 v1 l: L/ |2 ~; nIn radar, the number of pulses the occur each second. Not to be confused with 1 g) U+ f' E# a, ]transmission frequency which is determined by the rate at which cycles are & q; k6 K& C; R; M( f$ R0 Lrepeated within the transmitted pulse. 9 d3 j* M+ Z9 uPulsed Power$ _8 I# e& G' q. L% Q2 s# z: K EMR1 t8 H. n. V& X0 f. c Radiated fields that have very high instantaneous peak field strengths or power; k/ C& P, Z0 v% Y, L0 |* { density but significantly lower average values. ' x: @+ M+ c/ j7 t3 DPumping The raising of the molecules or atoms of a lasant to an energy state above the0 E4 Q) g3 p+ I; K3 z normal lowest state to produce laser light. This results when they fall back to a$ L! l$ a* x- C! ?+ ?; N0 J. M& Z lower state. Pumping may be done using electrical, chemical, or nuclear energy. 5 w1 ~+ w- x) H) @. xPUR Program Update Review (OSD term). ) Q3 f9 a+ [6 H6 t; ], p8 ~% |0 nPurchase Order5 b" X2 W) E8 U5 v+ ~/ j3 T (PO) * d) @! m* K F$ [- d" X2 hA contractual procurement document used primarily to procure supplies and nonpersonal services when the aggregate amount involved in any one transaction is% B/ w; N: q# m6 _; Y' O1 U relatively small (e.g., not exceeding $10,000).% n& y) \) V3 u! A PV HCT Photovoltaic Mercury Cadmium Telluride. ) k) z+ ?, E1 W( M+ lPVB Project Validation Board (MILCON term). ! |* ~$ E7 t" qPVO (PVO 8 G- _+ J: B5 Y |4 ]Strany)( V- b+ L+ y! w; d Russian organization formerly responsible for the air and space defense of their' ^6 v' ^9 L. w' x! z/ k homeland. 1 e. Y5 ^% P. B; WPVT Payload Verification Test. : i& ]. S" R7 q$ ApW Picowatt. : @6 l2 Q( Z# ]7 g* f. G/ tPWBS Program Work Breakdown Structure. T) s8 Z* L; P% i1 O. T2 F PWG Product Working Group. ; \( e- F) `; gPWR Pressurized Water Reactor. 6 S( Q6 A; i7 h: R! {PY Prior Year. ) N8 G+ ^) {( q1 d2 B! m' BPyrotechnic A mixture of chemicals which, when ignited, is capable of reacting exothermically ! v# N0 L) P( _; {9 S& G* y; dto produce light, heat, smoke, sound, or gas, and may be also used to introduce $ {5 P( y2 G( q4 A0 G& Ta delay into an explosive train because of its known burning time. The term 0 N" W2 z( O4 J) Q3 n* ~excludes propellants and explosives. 1 `) l- m* ?. M( ~: AMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 Q8 w; Q) c y9 H 238 - y5 A n6 e4 b: [5 H) v/ \; t- Z5 hQ Quarter [of year].) o6 d0 d j$ l; Z Q&R Qualification and Reliability. # L0 w2 h/ r- t2 r: U1 a8 t' M& c" HQ/FY (number) Quarter/Fiscal Year (number), e.g., 4Q/FY98 ; B% [/ J7 ]2 T, P0 R, ~" f. xQA Quality Assurance.# I c6 n8 d* B' a0 o# J6 q QAE Quality Assurance Evaluator.& j+ i% T6 {+ M/ r" R3 V% K QAMSP Quality Assurance Master Surveillance Plan. 9 k. ~; r ^, Q- W- }6 UQC Quality Control. 4 ]& V) a4 O4 Y0 z/ W6 A5 Z! n, xQDR Quadrennial Defense Review (US Congress/DoD term). 1 y2 T1 O0 e+ xQFR Question for Record.' h1 a- J3 {4 {& D6 C/ e QIP Quality Improvement Prototype. - O) \! \! A$ r' O4 IQLD Quick Look Display. % ^. \& d/ ?/ `# ?1 B O& h3 IQM (1) Queen Match. (2) Quartermaster. + j, k1 F7 Y) n! B6 zQM/DX Queen Match/Discrimination Experiment./ s5 A9 u+ e, t- O, u6 c5 `4 ~* k QMB Quality Management Board.' T9 l ~' D5 D5 X( N QPP Quality Program Plan. 9 f* Z* q- |1 n( A1 hQPR Quality Program Review.6 x' C" s4 d, s; {( |- p& v QPSR Quarterly Program Status Review.9 b: y" }& }6 w$ O QQPRI Qualitative and Quantitative Personnel Requirements Information.0 a1 P7 b9 O/ G3 G! O7 C QRA (1) Quartz Resonant Accelerometer # m5 W2 G6 @, F(2) Quick Reaction Alert.5 [0 t0 G k. g; y (3) Quick Reaction Aircraft (US).* i% `# H+ N3 g! w QRC Quick Reaction Capability.+ X6 |# t3 j, c' P# E QRG Quick Reference Guide. ! Z$ Y3 ?$ M5 d( M( S ZQRM Quick Response Missile.' U( M" ]# G3 @6 |, h8 Q: \# D( T! S QRP Quick Response Program (PATRIOT). 1 `5 g" @9 d- }& E) m9 u' IQRP Radar Quick Response Program Radar.% x7 d/ {1 K1 k l G' @* F+ \6 l! ] QRS (1) Quartz Resonant Sensor. (2) Quick Reaction Software.: Z; Y/ S2 K# e" M0 G) ~ QSR Quadrennial Strategy Review.) Z$ d' N5 z% g# q! a% ~: T Qtrly Quarterly.2 G. k, j' I8 M! P! K( M; N& y Quad-D/ADI Quad-D/Advanced Discriminating Interceptor.7 `- R% H, a% t. t9 p. Q' k8 M MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 Q7 Z$ }& U$ }3 A' P, x% E 239 ' c. P' {8 g" q5 K( WQualification Test This test simulates defined environmental conditions with a predetermined safety 5 w( j$ W8 f. w0 ?3 q9 vfactor, the results indicating whether a given design can perform its function' ?/ F+ a+ g! T) Z- W+ ~7 p; M within the simulated environment of a system. The test usually is not conducted / [9 w6 N" z1 a" T; hon models using production tooling and processes. % k9 f, `# E WQuery A request for identification of a set of assets, expressed in terms of a set of4 _% F- ^5 w" V' ^. [ criteria, which the identified item must satisfy.( U4 ]! v" d: L Queue 8 e; s$ s3 t0 P5 S2 VQuick Reaction 3 D) p8 V* E: p7 ]0 d4 BLaunch Vehicle 4 r U' S [8 [- x" VA store for a sequence of packets, or messages, which are waiting to be; x. l& j, Z$ |3 z: Y processed. A transmit queue for instance is a store of packets waiting to be 3 F! I$ B! v/ L, g/ F1 Jtransmitted.6 R4 O. ]" m3 M: R A Congressionally mandated program to provide surrogate launch vehicles in 8 P3 Q1 I( R" n" ^2 n* O0 m6 osupport of the Northern Edge exercise in 2001 and 2002. In addition the QRLV : n6 V4 E9 t8 o9 \" Uhas participated in several experiments for various users. # b* s$ `: h/ l% U; aQWIP Quantum Well Infrared Photodetector. \! c9 w5 |) J7 f* h& V, @8 a MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R . w, B1 Z- ~6 g' o' B# U241 : k6 `& |) T; z# T) H/ O! _8 Q; HR&A Reliability and Availability.

使用道具 举报

95#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:23 |只看该作者
R&D Research and Development. . n5 ?4 g$ R+ ?% d& @R&M Reliability and Maintainability. d6 T3 O& C: _R-T Real Time.2 T% q! k) p! _, z1 F, Z R/ASR Review as Required.- {5 }9 @& Q" m9 i2 Z; x) Y R/W Read/Write. ' V: n' l( J' H/ m% V! ^1 _' b* WR2 (1) Recovery and Reconstitution. (2) Reporting Responsibility.' f/ \! Q3 w: f# H$ \ R2 P2 Rapid-Retargeting/Precision Pointing (simulator). ; X& h5 {( I2 X/ Q3 NR( m1 P E! w2 K 3. Z; G$ H' e2 s" M8 M- ]+ a# g Rotary Reciprocating Refrigerator. . w( H* N' A2 K5 }RAA Risk Approval Authority.4 k& h5 L1 u4 f9 @- | RAAF Royal Australian Air Force., y+ j3 E v$ P: I0 ^ RACE Research in Advanced Communications in Europe.5 X' R$ Y: Q U9 v. _' p$ \ RAD (1) Radiation Absorbed Dose. (2) Radiation Accumulated Dose. * ?" ]. e& [ V+ {$ M4 L5 TRad Hard Radiation Hardened. ) m$ ?$ V! i7 b3 x5 ~0 eRadar (Formerly an acronym for Radio Detection and Ranging.) A technique for detecting targets in the atmosphere or in space by transmitting radio waves (e.g.,7 a: c8 i! d' C% @6 ^8 { microwaves) and sensing the waves reflected by objects. The reflected waves/ x" e$ S. C) C! |& y! S7 ~ (called "returns" or "echoes") provide information on the distance to the target, Z r8 \1 [- c/ t+ {' Z and the velocity of the target, and also may provide information about the shape- D- D G$ [" C9 J. Q- }$ ? of the target. - r( ^2 T, {! Z3 j; fRadar Beacon A receiver-transmitter combination which sends out a coded signal when( t( k" }. Y0 M3 X triggered by the proper type of pulse, enabling determination of range and, u! q. N0 Y" W* p$ u bearing information by the interrogating station or aircraft. 8 ^ C5 X' D% ]Radar Cross + ~* X; w9 i' ~' u6 OSection (RCS)4 l; ]0 l" a% n2 A0 m- v5 v; s Area of an object as scanned by radar; measured in square meters. 1 e3 }& O* O# X/ BRadar Netting The linking of several radars to a single center to provide integrated target 8 _$ P5 m' D/ R0 ]) o9 E# [information.; E# J9 E5 ~9 G& ? RADC (1) Region Air Defense Commander. (2) OBSOLETE. Rome Air Development # D6 Z$ o6 x$ a3 I$ c# GCenter. (Now called Rome Laboratory.)8 S- x* \; q B5 y# b RADEC Radiation Detection Capability.: H# F0 j3 D+ q1 T2 W6 r' J RADHAZ (1) Electromagnetic Radiation Hazard. (2) Hazards form electromagnetic9 O& v8 y' r# A) {3 n radiation. J/ }7 u6 h/ h+ v7 G: TRadiant8 U: w$ j" W. z+ d5 G( G Exposure 2 Q" b. e1 f. s( yThe total amount of thermal radiation energy received per unit area of exposed # A) `2 _" @& W$ i: ?# ~3 \( ^/ Hsurface; it is usually expressed in calories per square centimeter.5 {2 T5 Q+ d' @) W1 A; h MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R( |2 e( b4 X6 o: K- n# ? 2421 Z3 Q5 V" p/ a; i4 z( [7 L Radiation (1) The emission and propagation of waves transmitting energy through 7 a; k6 ` Y x, }) ospace or through some medium; for example, the emission and* F5 z' m# [8 l8 s6 f propagation of electromagnetic, sound, or elastic waves. : u2 [" C: w: C2 C7 \4 W(2) The energy transmitted by waves through space or some medium; when0 G* [& t7 f) p' C unqualified, usually refers to electromagnetic radiation. Also known as , P u9 T \" G1 j" j) u tradiant energy. 1 N$ j! \) ~. G(3) A stream of particles, such as electrons, neutrons, protons, alpha - O6 _ ]1 l3 Qparticles, or high-energy photons, or a mixture of these. (See Ionizing e" d6 i7 i" U7 E) ]. QRadiation, Nuclear Radiation, and Thermal Radiation.)4 t* @+ T5 h% i1 r7 G# S Radiation ! C, l" g. {. C: eHardening# h( G. V$ e0 M. w Protection of a particular system, subsystem, or component from functional ! C8 f: |" w$ H" Tdamage due to the effects of nuclear (or other) radiation by shielding the - Y5 z- n9 H% L# Fvulnerable components from the radiation, or using other passive techniques in9 p: W. p: J3 h manufacturing effects of nuclear (or other) radiation. 5 V9 I% S6 d' H" Y& ^% t, Y( URADIC System Rapidly Deployable Integrated Command and Control System. 5 I( C) l. E T6 {# w4 r- _RADINT Radar Intelligence.6 N" w5 e& u3 l1 P, t Radio Blackout 0 d& e) G& X; ]7 }& T* B) P(RBO)0 `# G0 K& q- | r- N The complete disruption of radio (or radar) signal over large areas caused by the* W- E% \" u' z ionization accompanying a high altitude nuclear explosion, especially above & v0 z, k% h- e4 X0 R4 babout 40 miles. 0 y) l5 z% n( h1 ], P& g) |7 H6 H. x! HRadioactive (or+ M! e G v% M Nuclear) Cloud f& @ I9 W6 O7 n) v4 l. xAn all-inclusive term for the volume of hot gases, smoke, dust, and other9 A! N" Q3 Z7 y particulate matter from the nuclear weapon itself and from its environment, that is# R0 d6 V) r4 e1 {3 k2 z carried aloft in conjunction with the rising fireball produced by the detonation of a % l( M/ R0 o9 f$ U, }0 bnuclear weapon.5 ? ]* F; A5 e- ?- Q) s Radioactivity The spontaneous emission of radiation, generally alpha or beta particles, often! Y+ c7 I Y& _ L; X accompanied by gamma rays, from the nuclei or an unstable isotope. & t9 u% k" p5 S( `; g d- WRADOT Recording Automatic Digital Optical Tracker.) z: m5 j+ q' e0 w3 x& J w" W RAG Red-Amber-Green (MDA/POC assessment term). , u* C$ ~1 Z7 B5 m+ I# v7 XRail Gun (RG) A weapon using metallic rails and electromagnetic energy to fire hypervelocity 2 z6 z" @5 l2 ^9 N( @projectiles.1 p7 U. u, h6 b; W/ q RAM (1) Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability. (2) Random Access Memory ! ]/ \; M( a4 g; r ORAMA (1) Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability.' Z' M" K" S; d5 m (2) Random Access Memory. , L! l7 M+ s+ e3 H(3) Radar Absorption Material.# o& A8 [" V) t- |3 D RAMOS (1) Russian-American Observation Satellite. h- ]. Z8 d* C(2) Reliability, availability, maintainability, operations, and support.% G, d( p6 I1 z3 U2 T' L RAMS Resource Management Accounting System.- Y7 w: `! A1 m$ L/ G# x Random Defense Engagement of RVs uniformly without any reference to type or destination. This " X" G, ^- l5 D$ A7 ?* }implies taking the best shot possible in terms of increasing probability to kill.6 l+ w+ W/ B$ j$ @# E7 @* L3 ? Range Resolution The difference between the true distance (from sensor) to target and the 2 S5 m4 X+ R0 B4 g5 q5 @; b2 icalculated distance to target based on sensor data, at maximum sensor range. " j! e/ |4 f9 c t4 VRAP Remote Access Panel.9 \/ B' {. C9 t: z3 @( u7 p MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R + {, c2 ?& e Q& H: G# L' u! B% W243 1 }8 Y1 F: n; Y1 e; k) X' aRAPIER Rapid Emergency Relocation Team. 0 a7 p* N0 M1 |1 U, DRAPTOR Responsive Aircraft Program for Theater Operations. A high-altitude, long! ~" k1 W8 B) s endurance airborne sensor platform./ D4 g- X) `7 F0 J3 C, ]* { RAPTOR/TALON A technology demonstration program to demonstrate critical technologies for an5 y4 \- I" L( B7 K4 w! T unmanned airborne weapons system providing a boost phase intercept* H' N) W: ` o; [ W! C capability. 5 M4 p- l7 h& ~& rRARSAT Radar Ocean Reconnaissance Satellite. ( ^! p& L- n' _7 ~RAS (1) Requirements Allocation Sheet. (2) Remote Access Set. 9 D; h7 W2 c- k( aRASA Remote Command Safety System. " { C4 q; `1 L$ B! d8 u9 bRationalization Any action that increases the effectiveness of allied forces through more efficient [5 H2 F3 l7 Jor effective use of defense resources committed to the alliance. Rationalization : O* v* t' u3 E- Tincludes consolidation, reassignment of national priorities to higher alliance , k: \" A9 L! X5 P* R( vneeds, standardization, specialization, mutual support or improved ; t: `- X' f: ^5 I( M. u- r' Jinteroperability, and greater cooperation. Rationalization applies to both & N w" r( U* w' x3 ^* i' Zweapons/materiel resources and non-weapons military matters.* R' ^# o# U% w; O9 |% `: k RB Reentry Body. # L$ s7 Y" x% J9 x9 NRBECS Revised Battlefield Electronic CEOI System (US Army-sponsored). - k3 H- N( T4 |# W. `& G8 k1 h u" }RBO Radio Blackout. " Z8 a( M- x+ G0 l0 H6 K, l2 r0 K5 jRC/CC Responsibility Center/Cost Center.! ]1 ?% x# {+ n$ \2 _ RCF Radar Correlation Function.

使用道具 举报

96#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:35 |只看该作者
RCM (1) Reliability Centered Maintenance. 3 R0 l9 T1 a1 N(2) Requirements Correlation Matrix (AF).0 X2 R7 O8 e- C t4 ^5 D (3) Resource Consumption Model. , e" r* ^3 H3 \3 a7 t' {, k$ E2 D6 fRCR Rate Capability Review (USA term). & S0 T1 Q) f' J' P& m" _RCS Radar Cross-Section. ) P) `6 ~) C7 W2 Z9 |/ g' j+ ZRCSR Radar Cross-Section Reduction.( Q! O3 M+ j/ j3 ` P RCSS Range Command Safety System.' V" E7 ~& B. u y) Y! ]2 e RCU (1) Rate Changes Unit. (2) Remote Control Unit. (3) Reactor Control Unit.9 r8 f: q' `: U( \, o( i; q, N' W! f1 G RCVR Receiver. " m. g# h7 S! u( k$ ]RD Readiness Demonstrator (SBL Program term).( ], F: L: p) p RDA Research, Development and Acquisition. 6 w* J0 D3 a1 y9 ~9 C+ e% ^6 `RDBMS Relational Database Management System (Computer term).) @4 ~: B5 H, }3 f; }% h, k RDC Research and Development Contract.% ?$ Q% W T4 L4 E' R RDD Requirements Driven Design. * u0 h9 I/ |, \( eMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R& [# [5 {* i& X 2440 f- H( k2 a9 ]3 n$ Y: B: n RDD-100 Requirements Driven Development ) a$ a6 F% J e1 o1 q$ ?8 pRDG Random Data Generator.' p/ X% P6 b5 U3 P; J) p9 E RDS Regional Defense System.8 l* J4 W8 Y% K E7 \# {3 N RDT&E Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation.; ?% b& I+ M# o* y( w$ K `& t# N RDT&E Program - Z5 Y- ^. A8 ~$ {9 TCategories 7 k! A: O4 }8 G0 d4 y) G/ VThe five divisions the comprise Major Force Program 06 (R&D) in the FYDP.0 @% H( [7 G- u They are:; o* T- T. L7 W •6.1 Basic Research, [" U5 t; u L. q8 Y •6.2 Exploratory Development1 r) q; e) ]4 G) E: t •6.3 Advanced Development 0 X8 e7 |+ _: x7 s% W ^& U•6.4 Engineering Development, P0 h' Z' _. {! T •6.5 Management and Support. 9 U+ ~. e' j& x* k6 aOperational System development, not a designated category, is funded in ' [5 P" R; h& u; RRDT&E appropriations but not in Major Force Program 06. 5 }# _$ j8 ]6 O. ?+ F* f% O" y( GRE Radar Enhancement (USA term).! D8 ~* Q8 y! ^' H) I0 F4 p8 l/ ? Re Targeting The ability of the system to recomputed the direction of sensors and/or weapons 0 F+ Z) r+ H5 Y, ]) S' U' ?- Wto intercept a target that was missed on the first attempt, or that was superseded 2 ~' K" W- J# i8 K& mby a higher priority target.6 f7 Q8 i7 j! _" D) @; O) S* x REACT Rapid Execution and Combat Targeting. 2 \2 k, L; `, N, O6 ?7 WReaction Decoy A decoy deployed only upon warning or suspicion of imminent attack. 9 Z* h, Q/ c! H0 u4 y. EReadiness 0 f+ j% x# b7 P6 VPostures $ ?* \2 C( n2 L2 ?+ r* YA specific status defining the relative responsiveness of BMD assets and 8 @5 q" x& }) G! B! A, rpersonnel to perform a USSPACECOM BMD mission.0 D! j# U* ]) Q- r! w3 w6 _ Real Time (1) Pertaining to the processing of data by computer in connection with ; _- R4 j( J5 D- S9 e6 s) _: |another process outside the computer according to time requirements 4 @' ^ x* n$ t8 `/ Cimproved by the outside process. This term is used to describe systems/ E5 q! a* {+ {" m operating in conversational mode, and processes that can be influenced2 }$ o; l! X( N3 @. C2 E% o: s8 c, R by human intervention, while they are in progress. - F# u5 p0 F7 b(2) Pertaining to the actual time during which a physical process transpires,9 v& j7 }& Y" W( m for example, the performance of a computation during the actual time6 A) b7 T8 i2 Y that the related physical process transpires, in order that results of the 5 ]* e+ O; D, t# [* k: }7 X S$ ?computation can be used in guiding the physical process.: B0 {2 G( u2 i Real World Data Data derived from physical experimentation concerning phenomenology& Q U4 \: z. B! F. _* t% v associated with technical functioning of SDS, particularly regarding target& T" o% O, F0 Y) `" G9 f signatures, background observables, sensor functions, weapon functions, and 7 ~7 a- y2 T& P) Dsurvivability.- A% }' p+ I2 e) C8 s Real World Data ' t$ ]% e9 d2 m0 I, DCollection" i& z, O3 t1 o7 G" L The provision, to SEIC users, of access to real world data, in fashion timely and 1 O2 r+ [4 Q+ I/ D e5 L; u) j- a0 rotherwise suitable to meet users’ needs (e.g. for validation of a test bed).3 a6 D5 F( t* e2 ^; |' X. K) U) Z# u REC Radio-Electronic Combat. ! y1 v/ l% F+ m4 w% V& H- @- mRECCE Reconnaissance.2 Y2 T U, [# v; g; V Reclama A formal appeal to the service comptroller of SECDEF’s tentative budget decision 0 d; }: I C9 R# _, v! @6 m7 q' @on the service budget estimates.: K8 u; T# g2 G+ z1 `. K2 S MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R . c( I7 U3 H8 q+ ~9 N245+ h1 ^, s# v3 l; l+ s6 r! J RECON Reconnaissance.# ]( c* f& m4 I+ Z x6 D. |1 q& j- I Reconciliation Directives to standing committees contained in congressional budget resolutions 8 _$ Y7 S) M, h" [calling for certain dollar savings and a deadline for reporting legislation to 3 `; M5 Y: K# V, o+ }% Zachieve the savings. Omnibus reconciliation bill incorporating these changes is3 Z0 h, x/ z: c( u+ ^; z1 }# n introduced and acted on in both houses.. \. h5 }. ^, V$ Z) |& `& o: F Reconstitute To restore, during periods of hostile engagements or during peacetime, military , ]0 a8 `" c' Y+ { K. w0 _forces or elements as closely as possible to a desired state of readiness for, L; V% k z3 G u7 Q& T combat.: x1 E8 V8 B1 E& V Red/Blue& w; {* g! f- D, K7 T) A Exchange; V- Z, D+ `- D7 V9 ?( u A process to identify and define potential countermeasures that would degrade4 J. ?& ^7 L/ R" P: g$ p aspects of ballistic missile defense. The process – akin to a wargame – pits a7 |9 N# p* k: f5 r$ I Red team fielded by DSIM and a Blue team fielded by AQ. A senior review* o5 k! `, l6 Y [' w( p( r panel acts as the referee. 5 F, U1 N( j3 M3 c/ r- kREDCAP Real-time Electromagnetic Digitally Controlled Analyzer and Processor (USAF% [2 y# z6 F# C, K7 M; ?* J! a term).2 e9 W$ T2 M# b3 P% o; P4 ]1 T Redout The degradation of infrared sensor resolution due to high-altitude nuclear bursts.7 g) K+ c/ @# v3 F j: r0 m; t0 r Radiation from these bursts causes fluorescence-emission of light from air7 W; _, Z1 B+ @7 k+ U molecules. The emitted light lies within the long-wave IR spectrum so the5 l2 G. l) L" R5 c1 q4 n" w% q atmosphere below appears to the sensor to glow more brightly than usual. v5 s6 M; F @# P$ T9 s: t5 IRedundancy The inclusion of duplicate or alternate system elements to improve operational ( |# F5 t) b5 B+ Q7 Ereliability by ensuring continued operation in the event that a primary element ! a2 G' j) k8 y4 Z1 ufails.+ n$ e' g) `1 C* n) i* c* w Reengineering The process of examining, altering, and re-implementing an existing computer$ n, s1 S* H) h5 m! e# o# u- j system to reconstitute it in a new form./ z8 q) y& ^" \* G7 t/ M0 f Reentry The return of objects originally launched from earth, into the atmosphere. + ?3 }5 ]( E: l; B8 p6 Q9 o! u( UReentry Angle Elevation angle of velocity vector relative to local horizontal plane when4 \+ m8 u7 }: l* F: Z' I4 ?; m6 j reentering object reaches 92km.8 Z7 x* Y6 v( W1 ] Reentry Phase That portion of the trajectory of a ballistic missile or space vehicle where there is z, _% c/ v' d8 V( v$ t5 I a significant interaction of the vehicle and the earth’s atmosphere.' o7 q s: z/ E Reentry Vehicle " x4 W$ Q4 N. l(RV) + K; B8 k+ @7 n0 L e(1) Reentry vehicles are objects containing nuclear warheads. They are& }1 I/ u' ^- l released from the last stage of a booster rocket or from a post-boost( }; q1 B) {3 g8 P vehicle early in the ballistic trajectory. They are thermally insulated to) D9 j W+ a: | t1 F% E survive rapid heating during the high velocities of reentry into the $ }" T3 G0 G# ~7 zatmosphere, and are designed to protect their contents until detonation. q% X, `, w# ]7 g: p. N at their targets." x$ S. O% m% I (2) That part of a space vehicle designed to re-enter the Earth’s atmosphere & w! e6 a7 a" Xn the terminal portion of its trajectory." R$ n0 I, \$ f# { Regional Defense' [4 k* {4 F# K, X, I9 U System (RDS)# q4 V# t6 D1 h% T6 k# N% \- m That portion of the SDS that provides defense for a specific geographic region, % s7 T6 Q9 a: r: o2 tsuch as the European Theater.* K2 `7 [1 o \ Regional; V+ ?" j% k/ S; g3 J. a# h Operations ; i3 K; B8 O7 L+ o3 W! eCenter (ROC)2 ?3 k; C, ^8 Q' H+ s! n' R A group of fixed and/or mobile centers with OPCON over allocated ground based * C. r5 p. {9 y* [6 A- Fsensors and weapons.7 O0 b! V: Q4 P2 k0 v MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R+ |2 T. M! i' x2 h2 h) ? 246, o A; ?0 `7 s, Q8 b$ R Regional * H9 l1 E# t5 n7 M' o, E+ vOperations- t8 q$ `0 @8 W' j" p2 ^) J( N! w Control Center : P3 A* ~ S' h* f7 _$ I6 ?(ROCC) 8 j, r8 J: @( fThe command function for CONUS, Canadian and Alaska NORAD Regions, 7 J$ u9 S. m9 }3 l. dreferred to as “regions.” In the Alaska NORAD region, the ROCC is also the8 }6 K3 v, ?5 q v central intelligence, communications and operations control center established 7 h4 q! Y5 o B- wfor the purpose of supervising and coordinating the combat effort of all air1 w4 L" X. H6 z, ? defense forces made available to the Alaska NORAD region commander. Under ) V7 t& ?5 r6 t) o$ b1 Inormal operating conditions (not degraded), the ROCC is responsible for the ( J% d: B& n0 T/ X) iidentification function and for air and ballistic missile defense of North America. 7 {- n4 u' D. l! A) z+ @) F' K3 E4 NRegrade To determine that certain classified information requires, in the interests of 6 M/ `" o* [- m$ u( Z! g5 Hnational security, a higher or lower degree of protection against unauthorized 1 K$ S8 I; b# n) Rdisclosure than currently provided, coupled with a changing of the classification ' p# ^1 x1 \1 S: {5 k3 b" Ldesignation to reflect such higher or lower degree. 9 B4 q: ?6 W$ W0 p C& QREL NAV Relative Navigation (JTIDS term).! i, g" `, ~+ u3 t Relay Mirror Part of a ground-based laser system.

使用道具 举报

97#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:49 |只看该作者
Reliability and 8 ~' O& }) N: B: Q3 Y8 BMaintainability 1 y! z0 g2 _- n* ?; Q- P(R&M) ?' S: M/ b5 J; e" i# k2 h; rReliability and maintainability design parameters are key factors in the design of ' s! P v0 u' R5 i* c$ g! s: D8 yaffordable and supportable systems. R&M parameters provide inputs into the h9 x. E: j# ~ design and LSA processes that quantitatively link system readiness to the ILS- F! D# {; D1 m E- Y- N! B! i1 P elements. One of the principal elements of ILS.1 B% \/ {# Q) Q6 R6 { Reliability, . [ X) R; z9 |" A$ NAvailability, and: P# |2 [4 `& l2 p, c! p+ W z c. `) R Maintainability$ K+ M6 r% C& B (RAM)% ?: M6 z8 L/ `. o) t Those requirements imposed on acquisition systems to ensure they are 4 G' f/ U/ ]; Poperationally ready for use when needed, will successfully perform assigned # S P/ k" r+ S6 I- H& ` c! ]# I7 gfunctions, and can be economically operated and maintained within the scope of7 }7 m0 n3 Y; D6 z7 C( U logistics concepts and policies. RAM programs are applicable to materiel x5 X- b, \+ N4 ^0 ^9 z7 i systems, test measurement and diagnostic equipment, training devices, and- ^" p" c: _* x) [$ E facilities developed, produced, maintained, procured, or modified for use. (See1 e, ]/ i% a" D' \ individual definitions for Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability.) ( K2 ]* Z! U+ fREM Roentgen Equivalent Man.2 n* [& c1 }# V Remotely Piloted , b1 e6 k3 @' E% H8 gVehicle (RPV) ! c6 w3 {! ^5 B9 H! w$ {1 GAn unmanned vehicle capable of being controlled from a distant location through & b; B+ ?& e; t$ N% r l4 Ua communication link. It is normally designed to be recoverable. See also : @* L3 L k$ E, c% Q LDrone.& y& S _3 W! z/ d: m% u D Repairability The probability that a failed system will be restored to operable condition within a" |+ w; l+ S. i8 ?* k' } specified active repair time. ; E7 M) J# W3 o- h) kRepeater-3 d' t0 t' l, x/ | Jammer 6 ~& Z" ]% ]- @A receiver transmitter device that amplifies, multiplies and retransmits the signals! x/ c0 s0 r# M5 a& ?) i( i' ~$ m1 Y c received, for purposes of deception or jamming.2 R4 O; q# f9 c( k3 Y6 F Report Back Information returned from system elements that verify that directions have been ; v9 S, Z- t' K' b2 I# z! x8 xreceived and carried out. Also includes information regarding system 8 e0 y! n8 W% Q9 x1 ceffectiveness. - P! |4 I- L& }/ H& `% jReprogrammable1 f5 h- f( `+ ]0 e" Y- m" }& V% N; S Time0 o5 {( e3 u; d2 b) q3 T Time required to re-target an alert missile. % J1 J' e) t, z! kReprogramming The transfer of funds between program element and line items within an6 l# O2 D0 Y* f/ [1 Y7 r* } appropriation for purposes other than those contemplated at the time of , x5 F& a$ x" z+ p& Wappropriation. Appropriate congressional committees generally accomplish* b4 `, d1 e" N+ D3 O# R reprogramming pursuant to consultation with and approval. X( H/ g1 w: Q) H B+ k Request for* Z% w- E8 s+ I; w Proposal (RFP) ' x8 w7 `/ y7 c6 t- p7 PA solicitation used in negotiated acquisition to communicate government6 D4 g+ ^; ?# V+ G requirements to prospective contractors and to solicit proposals. * D0 Q3 h& W0 I$ t& IMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R( ]; K3 a3 K% L( H+ V% J2 o 2474 p) w# B6 S' J& W Request for 3 T5 a8 e0 X( B6 M: I |0 Z7 SQuotation 6 k1 D" [! p6 }3 I% f( [A solicitation used in negotiated acquisition to communicate government2 }( X' b ^4 ` requirements to prospective contractors and to solicit a quotation. A response to% g- Q7 h& N% D6 X% k) E" U an RFQ is not an offer. It is informational in character.: |9 u- `3 O# ^( T Required : u6 Y# i" C8 I) I6 \7 B( K8 xOperational 0 `* k% T a( ?9 HCapability (ROC) + Z$ H( e5 y9 N9 JOBSOLETE. A document stating need and specific operational capability. 6 K4 n/ e1 G sReplaced by the Operational Requirements Document (Army, USMC). 9 v# _* p* z6 d$ t% ?4 w' }% YOperational Requirements Document. & l H2 v* v" I" a- k. S' zRequired 5 ^* H M+ r1 j3 i' O& a: ]Operational # ]' T8 W6 ~! {, b& B5 X1 m SCharacteristics ' n5 M( n- `/ f9 t+ I7 t& dSystem parameters that are primary indicators of the system’s capability to be $ w+ Q1 q. y; ]3 p# ~) Jemployed to perform the required mission functions, and to be supported. j9 G4 C/ c5 `3 A. C Required: |1 K8 U" \9 V. h3 F0 U( J( ] Technical, h" }1 e$ \8 c7 p( Z" S& a Characteristics' t4 \ ^" d3 D( R Quantitative system performance parameters, approved by the DoD Component,$ y0 z' W2 `0 t' u9 S6 P that are selected as primary indicators of technical achievement of engineering1 V1 \- ~3 m2 \8 G3 a. m thresholds. These might not be direct measures of, but should always relate to,7 j7 s1 @8 U3 N9 p* T# j4 d2 N a system's capability to perform its required mission function and to be& }/ E- n! u5 {9 h1 f5 F supported. Required technical characteristics are usually tested and evaluated/ Q. f+ O0 _- A: S1 o; @ by developmental testing and evaluation (DT&E) to ascertain achievement of: s0 R3 P8 S, j/ L }, O approved goals and thresholds for these characteristics. Critical technical) _9 r5 A) P% d# e# b; P characteristics selected for a DAB program baseline are reviewed and further, l) F% Y% S5 a- e% J$ j+ E approved through the DAB process." U! x) K* R0 }' O8 K2 Y Requirements2 j# _; q9 T& p Analysis 4 B3 Y0 A# Q5 `% s9 ]+ QAn analysis to determine and document the need for resources to perform the 4 _5 r: P. L0 V ~: V8 j7 p0 fagency’s mission. $ M* b( X6 h/ z% LRequirements+ Q- k3 A8 ]; u$ |# }" t Document : c/ e& ^: X! m1 S( V p+ F1 QA document that sets forth the requirements for a system or system component; & W- C8 p, l2 _4 v- Y5 yfor example, a software configuration item. Typically included are functional ) H. c. d5 V# ]' A* E' C* `- Wrequirements, performance requirements, interface requirements, design & I' o' t4 d7 h X5 w& P, }requirements, and development standards.' b5 Y* s; D+ i! y! W RES (1) Remote Engagement Section (HAWK TBM weapons system term).4 K( j: q0 c- O* j" _( p (2) Resolution. V3 z4 d8 K, Z8 f RESA Research, Evaluation, and Systems Analysis simulation facility (USN), San Diego, $ J2 U+ L4 J4 F: d, c' |CA.* s& V$ K. ^! s# u' d% w Rescission An action by the President canceling budget authority previously appropriated , P4 K4 W4 X- ~6 i0 m; p' Abut not yet obligated or spent. If both Houses of Congress do not approve the/ i1 c! O. T6 U+ ^! U x* _ proposed rescission within 45 days, the President must obligate the BA as : b( ?8 k; q8 l' ~intended by Congress.; \* S5 b; ^0 L, R* }% J, T Research and * `/ [9 r/ [7 S4 @0 |Development& l- N/ K# w4 z v Costs 4 t, q6 V% R* N, p) bThose program costs primarily associated with R&D efforts including the " L8 u7 Y# n! l/ k6 [/ H2 Udevelopment of a new or improved capability to the point where it is ready for 6 |7 b) U0 n: g- n M7 suse. They include equipment costs funded under RDT&E appropriations and 9 N. Q* x) E% H$ D" o3 r. |! _related military construction appropriation costs. They exclude costs that appear* I" ^& R0 `' p in the military personnel, operation and maintenance, and procurement& b# W6 }$ u* y- T appropriations. & A" u: |8 E4 h( [( PResearch, , t! b" D8 d0 L- e/ g/ ODevelopment,3 ~9 w, r9 M( W+ [$ R Test, and 1 n) l+ Z1 c! i3 Q+ A2 [8 |5 D- cEvaluation$ K1 t3 p/ ?, ?7 ^ M- k (RDT&E) % k4 ?5 R1 u' M0 s+ K6 q# L, W' ~Activities for the development of a new system that include basic and exploratory( g$ e3 ^$ _+ l1 z- B" G8 X research, advanced and engineering development, development and ) g* z) J( |3 A; Qoperational testing and the evaluation of test results. Also, an appropriation 5 ^8 }0 Y1 K- {. ^- [$ Lcategory that includes funds allocated to the FYDP major force program 6. % b4 z9 h, E" X9 m/ o, v(Defense Systems Management College) $ `9 h7 g' W, [" F' CResident Space . y% V; z! z9 n3 GObject (RSO), ?/ D# e. L2 H' l: v8 {2 t The Cheyenne Mountain Complex maintains object, which is currently on-orbit+ L! q& i) ^: P2 i; L, o' h and whose element set parameters.2 _$ Z" Y7 P$ j) g1 \$ \ MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R0 [& {' Y8 r1 r" e! S# A7 V 248 # R2 n3 V$ W- v9 I9 g1 X/ MRESOL Resolution. ! C2 y3 i8 U! c8 cResolution (1) The ability of a sensor to measure the separation of an image into its: |9 S+ H5 }0 p, j constituent objects so that single objects are visible and distinguishable. 1 B" w/ a# n, s+ U9 F5 E* n(2) A measurement of the smallest detail that can be distinguished by a( s- P# O9 {5 u sensor system under specific conditions. ! h8 X: u# y; K7 zResponse Plan / e; Y# e# z) R6 OSelection4 K% K' L c/ I4 X The continual comparison of the nature of the observed threat with the defense4 S# Y3 a" J6 ?* \3 \( g$ f1 I system capabilities and selects the best way to attack the threat in accordance 2 O# \9 F$ `( d$ x lwith established priorities and specified strategy.8 H7 e& ?7 T( B+ R Responsive 8 ?4 N: S, ?' fThreat% `. V U' A+ n( C& s( U The threat after taking into account modernization and countermeasures: m j! ~5 a8 I* t# h+ ^$ @- N" `5 T introduced to offset the capabilities of the SDS. 6 x1 H) ?! r( R/ c. i3 e# qRestitution The process of determining the true planimetric position of objects whose images3 X) ?5 L' [% ]( C1 j$ J6 ` appear on photographs.- L# C6 p: R( ?2 \; Z Retrofit Action Action taken to modify in-service equipment.9 j' p' I; Q! W& y0 f& t0 w Retrograde Orbit An orbit having inclination of 0 to 90 degrees (See Prograde Orbit). ' e7 k9 E d+ A0 C" J* eReverse 8 I: h) J$ Z0 j& W7 y8 UEngineering2 k9 v4 {2 _9 H The process of analyzing a computer system’s software to identify components8 X" _& g0 ~9 h7 M; w and their interrelationships.8 j# z: {# Z) q* n7 q9 k2 ? REVIC Revised Enhanced Version of Intermediate COCOMO (Computer term).0 k8 j& n% w5 Z: `) P Revisit Interval The time that elapses between successive observations of an object from a- J+ U4 Z Q8 ?4 x* q single sensor.

使用道具 举报

98#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:59 |只看该作者
RF (1) Radio Frequency. (2) Response Force.* y% D( c7 A% z" a1 B RFFEL Radio Frequency Linac. ! p% N) V6 t, Z. gRFI (1) Request for Issue. (2) Request for Information. (3) Radio Frequency" N8 s9 b3 a1 p. h Interference. ) V+ L6 c/ P* i* aRFL Radio Frequency Linac. 8 @# i3 m. Y# B# Z9 R+ }) LRFLINAC Radio Frequency Linear Accelerator. 1 ^$ e) Q' |/ QRFOG Resonant Fiber Optic Gyro.& U# D4 h Z8 s RFP Request for Proposal. & D# `9 ]2 W Q8 C* ~RFQ Radio Frequency Quadrupole (Accelerator)./ v' W8 A( X: p) T RG (1) Rail Gun. (2) Review Group.+ z. \$ }% m8 K3 Q' }9 w# q6 w RGB Red, Green, Blue (Video Engineering term). 4 X; i9 E N0 C$ I) l, ?# `3 FRH Radiation Hardened.) M8 b' L5 C U# ?+ G RH Electronics Radiation Hardened Electronics.* T8 Z) ]- G# a1 g RHD Radiation Hardened Electronics. & E4 e j: n; H( H4 JMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R 1 b9 m* u) J* X+ o& H6 ~. I249 0 i. z# @! D/ t2 l5 z4 jRHETT II (1) Russian Half Effect Thruster Technology Program. $ H0 t( _3 ^! }' a. r(2) Russian Hall Electric Thruster Test.' ?' F8 F, q/ ^2 @0 T8 i Ri Inherent Reliability. 8 D6 U/ ^! W( L( U9 r+ NRIA Range Insensitive Axes. {* U7 ~0 o, j3 iRIBIT Reverse Illuminated Blocked Impurity Transducer.) ]! P; Q- r; F RICBM Retro Intercontinental Ballistic Missile. 1 z3 q5 }! S6 A( KRIIA Royal Institute of International Affairs (UK). # q o4 q, ?9 {( L p. z5 R4 @RIL Repair Items List (ILS term). 1 \4 J+ _; h7 o2 Y( G0 ~RINT Unintentional Radiation Intelligence. ?% `) e- S: y- Z) ?$ T RIS Radar Instruction Set Computer. ) a/ |7 O" S# t! ^RISC Reduced Instruction Set Computers.# D/ X' _5 s; t: j RISCAE RISC Ada Environment.$ d9 a6 u* I0 ~9 M Risk Approval 0 x( j: {0 Y1 L S) r& z! ~Authority (RAA) % P; f1 u' k5 C8 ^An individual designated by the Director, MDA who makes risk acceptance n: W j! _# z decisions. The RAA evaluates trade-offs between threats and such factors as , t" r& z0 s0 \1 s% Q% ecost, security, survivability, and safety to achieve a functionally operational,# D' c- U& M" a" ?) M affordable, and secure system. : k- Z) y, z5 }3 Z4 }Risk Assessment The process of subjectively determining the probability that a specific interplay of$ _$ N3 P c- ~1 p+ o3 v: D' S performance, schedule, and cost as an objective, will or will not be attained 7 D3 P0 E4 m. n: _8 x" S( ?along the planned course of action. (Defense Systems Management College) # o% N, N7 L, V' e J5 hRISTA Reconnaissance, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition. # [3 Z4 v$ U. U, {5 URIU Range Interface Unit. " p5 d, B' N. {Rivet Joint RC-135 reconnaissance aircraft. N; r# j" ~" R7 F: S. rRIVET JOINT Name of USAF Reconnaissance project./ O4 o( f8 N0 w( T! i; \ RIW Reliability Incentive Warranty., d" ?- S; g6 p3 g u" ~ RL Rome Laboratory, Griffiss Business and Technology Park, NY. (Formerly called# O; D6 ~4 L5 G3 K1 S Rome Air Development Center.) 1 O& `6 c' X \7 QRLA Repair of Level Analysis (ILS term).$ o7 x6 C' t/ j- D6 i RLG Ring Laser Gyro. 4 ^% f: l4 N+ d4 q- G+ I S: m7 A. i5 HRLRIU Routing Logic Radio Interface Unit (PATRIOT). ( F% \3 K4 Z- p0 A( E% @RLRIU-U Routing Logic Radio Interface Unit – Upgrade (USA term). 7 i: ?6 w: `* ?/ j+ \Rm Mission Reliability (ILS term). 0 d/ O% R# @" |# wRM Radioman (USN term). ) |* E' z1 G+ v& QMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R7 G6 z8 s7 w1 V6 r+ L: [/ L 250$ e) V! L9 s8 t* j% U RMA (1) Reliability, Maintainability and Availability (see RAM) (ILS term). 0 v/ w/ T) R( i: I(2) Revolution in Military Affairs (OSD term)." l5 K O1 {4 |, Q& c5 W+ j5 X8 Q RMCET Resource Management Concurrent Engineering Team.$ d9 B7 G. B$ q( v/ O RME (1) Relay Mirror Experiment (a satellite launched February 1990 and which * S7 O, ^9 E& e$ F9 |" _reentered the atmosphere in May 1993). (2) Remote Multiplexer Encoder.) r* ]- K* k$ E! O# i/ S! r( a RMI Republic of the Marshall Islands.5 y; G1 u: x4 {6 b) m& `$ r( x RMO Reflectivity. & Z; [, S# ~' w8 sRMP Risk Management Plan.$ G u4 B+ \: `0 g4 q RMS (1) Remote Manipulator System. (2) Root Mean Square.8 y$ W6 Q3 D% ~$ H2 K RNAS REL NAV Analytic Simulator (JTIDS term).4 O7 q$ O' K: L" M/ P- g RNLAF Royal Netherlands Air Force.# n0 z; R8 W: h- e1 R1 W( I9 h RNLN Royal Netherlands Navy.( I+ I1 R( a/ e1 ^7 A ROB Remote Operating Base. 9 o$ Q# w+ U0 ]7 _6 Q2 _% pROBS Rapid Optical Beam Steering (system).) u& h! a' [* E! Y+ ]# A Robust Used in describing a system; indicates its ability to endure and perform its, N% S* y0 a% u6 C# Y H mission against a responsive threat. Also used to indicate system ability to . @# L3 l9 D0 [- U9 Dsurvive under direct attack.4 L* D) D& i: i( k Robustness (1) The ability to produce correct results despite input errors. + x3 g( c( P t0 {(2) The existence of coordinated, multiple capabilities that perform the same) S0 u0 B; b$ U' s9 L broad task/mission. Provides the BMD warfighter with sufficient flexibility+ d& V1 \ m0 _) o$ O/ Y* j to negate the specified threat with application of a variable mix of ground $ D5 ~4 W- a; k9 M* u% T" H1 Nand space-based systems. (USSPACECOM) ) v+ A/ \5 c, b" A) MROC (1) Regional Operations Center. (2) Required Operational Capability. 6 @2 v* a8 [( Y+ D8 I sROCC Regional Operations Control Center. + w& q, E7 X- W" vROD Record of Decision. " {# m0 o' @4 O3 V, W- FROE Rules of Engagement.2 n2 F) f2 ]# ?7 h5 A6 a ROF Rate of Fire 6 l0 d* b; c3 G. s! sROI Return on Investment. 7 H* b% S! @/ W, r* t) S& l4 V1 TROK Republic of Korea. , l+ t$ R& F- \2 e4 qROM Rough Order of Magnitude , ]0 L. X# ?" y( E, vROOM Real-time Object-Oriented Methodology. & _7 v8 b" E s. p, `RORSAT Radar Ocean Reconnaissance Satellite. ( y5 J. C$ p. a# B& i$ r5 WROV Remotely Operated Vehicle., o# a" n4 r4 u$ _% I% V MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R 2 Z$ X; e4 A1 i! {251 ! B! { j9 k" C5 hROW Rest-of-World.6 B( E4 o. T; q, \: F* }$ E H RP (1) Repetitive Pulse. (2) Readiness Posture.( ?4 w8 M6 F7 ]% D6 p RP&C Resource Planning and Coordination. 9 k! O+ _ P+ fRPAC Resource Performance Analysis Center.* } x% b# _7 P2 K7 O RPIE Real Property Installed Equipment. / N! o6 S2 ^% r9 Y3 jrpm Revolutions per minute. + a, b h h' L5 ~; n; RRPV Remotely Piloted Vehicle.. A. a3 q4 i0 J Rqmt Requirement. % O) r. P5 X! o7 L; W% eRQMTS Requirements. 8 J$ q* P* c) L# LRQn Review Question (AFMC term). 8 Y: `& c* ^9 _. w4 [6 ]RRDI Range Resolved Doppler Imagining , ]9 _5 I+ l% L% j. X/ }; o! R8 QRRFD Risk Reduction Flight Demonstration. o3 l1 D6 ~) n RRG Requirements Review Group. ) Q$ G" I2 c5 V# W4 @RS Radar Set (PATRIOT).

使用道具 举报

99#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:19:09 |只看该作者
RSA Russian Space Agency. : K, I( K) m" x) B$ {RSI Rationalization, Standardization, and Interoperability. : X N- ~1 w3 ], A; Q4 h6 j- j4 nRSIP Radar System Improvement Program.( p) w4 I2 W' m+ F% o1 g# _" Z RSO Resident Space Object. ' x+ U2 w& y$ Y/ z9 z1 G8 ^RSOI Reception, Staging, Operation and force Integration (Joint Forces term).5 D1 k* M, A% X' U4 f RSRE Royal Signal and Radar Establishment (UK).$ N/ N+ Z( v0 p8 G6 s! X RST Radar System Test (THAAD-GBR) 3 r/ G, C3 Z( fRSTA Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition.6 d1 i* o: k3 I3 t5 D RSTER Radar Surveillance Technology Experimental Radar (UHF).( @' G" b7 \0 N. Q1 D# k$ f0 I RSU Remote Switching Unit., V% `: s- o4 x4 G) G RSV Re-supply vehicle.$ x p( c& H5 Z. ?$ b' M! S RT (1) Relocation Time (ILS term). (2) Repair Task Distribution (ILS term). . J. d5 M+ S& ?) dRTC Report to Congress./ h7 V# j4 v( D" f4 g' l2 t) N RTCA Real Time Casualty Assessment (US Army term)./ V1 K1 R& `" l RTD Radar Technology Demonstration. $ @) b7 `6 t3 } k5 g: N: q- k( HMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R& I) i+ b% d+ D6 T* l$ w2 p8 } 252; n1 f3 R5 f! m, |) s2 K& N* Q RTF Release To Fleet (USN term). # U) b1 I7 F8 V3 F% u" ]" d8 uRTG Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator. 5 y7 s# }) z- G& f; |0 CRTIM Radar Technology Identification Methodology.% {8 R$ U4 F9 }5 b RTO Responsible Test Organization.! b# _* \: _3 D0 G% y RTOV Real Time Operational Verification. " v% B; X9 q% _4 cRTOVF Real Time Operational Verification Facility (US Army term). # r! `1 T8 Z: M7 u9 jRTS (1) Request To Send (Telecomm/Computer term). (2) Remote Tracking Station. / d; c- N. n% d0 M. X6 ?RTWP Real Time Wave form Processor (Advanced Technology Demonstration Radar( T% M& N8 a" a: R" v% Q& o- d term). ' c& U6 z% q5 W5 HRules of1 j+ m( l. i! W Engagement , k2 s$ s% ?1 T: s(ROE) 5 g) Q% L1 P/ }$ ~9 G0 LDirectives issued by competent military authority which delineate the- n6 Q! u$ I$ M& L# o q circumstances and limitations under which United States forces will initiate and/or3 U' K2 c' N7 I# i4 I continue combat engagement with other forces encountered.8 m7 [0 P) W$ W. s RUPS Resource User ID and Password System.. f" X) t2 [$ w, l5 B RUSI Royal United Services Institute (UK). ; n5 T8 ?$ |; l' tRV See Reentry Vehicle.( n9 Y6 [4 E7 m5 G RV Complex A reentry vehicle and its associated objects. 1 m6 m u4 C X) o5 ]" z; A; lRV Temperature The temperature of the heat given off by the RV that allows sensors to acquire 2 |1 M# {* ^) Y/ _them.7 P: X* b( I; P- @2 Z RVAO Reentry Vehicle Associated Objects. 3 s5 X7 }% U( ]% U& B, oRvw Review. 3 J# H0 Q# E( y4 j' e2 qRW (1) Radiological Weapon. (2) Rotary Wing. 1 [7 {8 ?' |- s* _8 N4 i1 zRWPD Real Time Waveform Processing Demonstration. 8 t% | ]; l; [% w3 \2 XRWR Radar Warning Receiver.* r8 x7 U1 Z6 G; k" I; p RWS Remote Workstation.: J+ D- S- [% p. a+ r6 c/ b RX (1) Receive. (2) Receiver.8 L4 ?9 h+ |2 \" X& N8 Y% Y2 C% a MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S5 @6 T( t$ s, I- z; v 2534 i) k \( N8 g5 x: L G S Start. . V* i. w* L- H6 RS&A Safe and Arm. 5 y {( s+ ?. ]$ ]$ QS&T Science and Technology.. f. q# e" G) D9 c S&TI Scientific and Technical Intelligence. 2 F( Y6 {( w! [9 U/ uS&TNF Strategic and Theater Nuclear Forces.# ]; K4 l2 r9 I f, S. R S/N (1) Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Also called SNR). (2) Serial Number.! H [, v- X3 D$ h/ q5 ^8 v S/NF Secret/No Foreign Security Marking., `2 g1 S6 X5 a- z4 F# @ S/O Survivability/Operability." |+ k n5 f/ K' L! b8 x, v* ? S/SU/AC Systems/System Upgrade/Advanced Concept.3 G E/ T6 g4 Q S/T Search/Track. 8 K j- ~8 H- C: Y3 O$ ], q. ZS/V Survivability and Vulnerability. 3 `# @1 N% Z( NS/W Software. + R) l) e8 O5 b3 N$ N9 y6 yS2 Synchronized and Synergized.0 I9 k! [1 W* `* T$ d; n S3 E Space-Based KEW System Simulator/Emulator. + @0 A( q* M1 y7 v9 ^/ HSA (1) Situation Awareness. B6 R1 k1 q2 a% w. j& Y8 K (2) Secretary of the Army.$ e! E$ v7 e, v. w7 K t; }0 ?2 i SA&I System Architecture and Integration.0 Y! L6 w7 I s! I. ?/ M SA-N Surface-to-Air, Naval.! t, ^) S: F% o$ i( p+ Y SA/BM OBSOLETE. Systems Analysis/Battle Management. * q+ G: y# H, n$ @+ G" N* nSA/PDL Strategic Defense Ada Process Description Language.2 `" r4 P5 m, o5 e( t7 X SAAWC Sector Anti-Air Warfare Coordinator (USMC). 0 ^( l3 ?) E* p8 dSAAWF Sector Anti-Air Warfare Facility (USF term).7 X" B# c: s1 s7 a- B SABRS Space and Atmospheric Burst Reporting System. & {8 ~: u; {/ e+ e7 m; ^; zSAC (1) OBSOLETE. Strategic Air Command (see USSTRATCOM).4 _4 w1 J2 N0 _$ V5 r+ F (2) Senate Appropriations Committee (US).& R) g* k3 T, l) |; S" K8 {2 L" i SACCS SAC Control System.& k7 j6 Q, b1 d5 F& Q b+ v SACEUR Supreme Allied Command, Europe.: H5 E- z0 @9 r$ O SACLANT Supreme Allied Command, Atlantic. + \$ X& x. `: J: i% Q; Z' R5 b, ^4 USACMA Suppliers of Advanced Composite Materials Association.1 Q# ^3 F. n/ w' y. \( u: d2 o: G SADA Standard Advanced Dewar Assembly.: c0 ?4 b& N C0 M2 q MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S& b% J( J! Y: d 254: R, J+ v' z* a4 R2 c SADBU Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (of OSD).8 c$ ^# D& V4 `$ ]3 c2 l SADM System Acquisition Decision Memorandum (Army).) q0 Y! }1 R D5 v9 @$ v SADO Senior Operations Duty Officer (JFACC term). 7 D5 S; I" Y, [( \SAE Service Acquisition Executive.5 ~* C' s8 m" N d SAFEGUARD A U.S. midcourse and terminal phase defense for ICBMs, deployed in 1975 and2 a" w3 _( t6 U, C8 Z deactivated in 1976 due to its limited cost effectiveness. 2 a) ~( k" S3 j1 @6 }SAFSCOM OBSOLETE. SAFEGUARD System Command.* k E: H+ e$ H7 C5 q. B SAG Senior Advisory Group./ }- s5 F& \# C/ B SAGE Semi-Automatic Ground Environment {Air Defense System}.6 p/ `( e$ y# H: F* i SAH Semi-active homing. # Y4 c8 z3 n. { H. H1 gSAIC Scientific Applications International Corporation., A- I& f7 q# z$ t. B Saint A satellite inspector system designed to demonstrate the feasibility of : E' i8 i! w: }% ^: `" }7 Nintercepting, inspecting, and reporting on the characteristics of satellites in orbit. ( P( `" I7 `1 j9 N' w5 qSAINT (1) Satellite Interceptor. (2) Shared Adaptive Internet Technology.0 E2 u& L4 O- W2 C2 [ SAIP Semi-Automated Imagery Processing., L3 D, n: y: f9 Z! b8 f& [/ P* w SAKT System Architecture and Key Tradeoffs (SDIO term). 3 J3 X6 ^- o( S: z. T& [& GSAL Strategic Arms Limitation.% q; K; h) p1 L7 @+ d3 b; Q SALT Strategic Arms Limitation Talks.) B' }+ f, m6 I: O/ ]) A" v# n% G Salvage Fusing The means by which a warhead detonates when an interceptor structurally 7 P( l! ?6 X% H: k( `* F; V1 O1 ~attacks it. Generally used as a device for disruption of the defense. ! U& q- B" z, p' l% @SAM Surface-to-Air Missile. ' ?5 ?) }( U8 z7 |! zSAM-D Surface to-Air Missile, Model D (now PATRIOT). ; j' D! a: o0 Z! ?SAMD Security Assistance Management Division. ( g4 b' j, |; \) V. l# h1 fSAMM Software Acquisition Maturity Matrix.% s' q3 w% O, o) }( ?4 y SAMMES Space Active Modular Materials Experiment.

使用道具 举报

100#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:19:20 |只看该作者
SAMOPA Single Accelerator Master Oscillator-Power Amplifier. ) c0 b8 ~& d I7 p8 L, pSAMOS Satellite and Missile Observation System.. J/ C$ h7 C u# A2 g SAMP (1) Single Acquisition Management Plan. ) Q. P9 P" o. W* @0 D R(2) Security Accreditation Management Plan. , y8 x+ W7 B1 L0 c" zSAMP/T Sol-Air Moyenne Portee/Terre (Surface-Air Medium Portable/Terrestrial – French-* i4 k' G: U8 q% Z7 C Italian missile). ( q3 M7 N; D$ L: V4 D+ l" E( W) ?MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S 9 B# v7 J6 \+ }; s2559 S) ]0 z6 ~5 t SAMS Spacecraft Assembly, Maintenance and Servicing Study. 6 E, X G+ F5 D* _, ]SAMTEC OBSOLETE. Space and Missile Systems Test Center, Vandenberg AFB, CA.1 G6 H6 |1 m$ z8 o( F: X/ T" E' j7 ? SAMTO OBSOLETE. Space and Missile Test Organization, Vandenberg AFB, CA.4 r- ?* F& M( v SAO Security Assistance Organization. , |. c# f, x4 R0 @, USAP Special Access Program. ]& p. O7 ^' A0 C SAR (1) Synthetic Aperture Radar. 4 w, A$ R; T* v @) |5 O3 u1 @8 n(2) Selected Acquisition Report. $ k0 f3 z1 V/ S(3) Special Access Required. 9 I2 P( g2 o# c) O0 O(4) Search and Rescue. ) F- r/ v! t, j# H' R# NSARDA [Assistant] Secretary of the Army for Research, Development and Acquisition. 8 j0 v* r' q9 x3 m1 w2 PSAS (1) Shoot-Assess-Shoot. (2) System Architecture Study (SDI).+ O$ |5 R6 Y9 g( Q O SASC Senate Arms Service Committee. (US).. r$ g# A, p' @ SASET Software Architecture Sizing and Estimating Tool.* n+ u0 t0 O8 B, z" ? SASS Space Assets Support System. " r" `7 V4 ~7 ?% j$ @' HSAT Surveillance, Acquisition and Tracking.8 p0 K& @1 s) g5 b SATAN Security Administrator’s Tool for Analyzing Networks. + B7 `" A6 Q% V7 V: ?, S7 WSATCOM Satellite Communications.5 T7 d" C: m: r8 t6 S Satellite and ! Z: w( n9 L3 J! A1 pMissile9 P- n) \4 x% ]. i' o Surveillance( N% I9 C, Y7 `( |) ~ The systematic observation of aerospace for the purpose of detecting, tracking, 5 R+ C) X# g( i- ]& Y# o7 `and characterizing objects, events, and phenomena associated with satellites 9 {& A/ m2 A% i& x0 w! \and in-flight missiles, both friendly and enemy." W9 h3 J3 S" B1 ~( K Satellite( b4 e+ V' ]$ { Z" ^ Reconnaissance0 t4 n6 c5 A6 U# x- p. u9 [ Intelligence gathered through collection systems involved in assessing the 7 q* A! A" k7 W6 x: Lcapabilities, methods of operation, signal intercept, photo reconnaissance, and , E# k4 q+ @: f/ ?other intelligence indications and warnings that will provide information for SDS , k, P4 }" c. L2 y/ }9 D0 qassets." n P, m/ I0 p# ^ T- K SATKA Surveillance, Acquisition, Tracking, and Kill Assessment.8 X9 V, k: _5 D SATP Space Applications Technology Program. " `- o$ ~9 x/ N3 v0 b) ESATRAK Satellite Tracking.$ |5 Q: K6 Z3 _" ~ SATURN Name of NASA rocket booster. ; v+ |% M! e% B3 { ^$ eSATVUL Satellite Vulnerability. 4 L7 i% h8 G2 `% c* D7 U5 f% ]SAW (1) Surface Acoustic Wave. (2) Satellite Attack Warning. 6 M- I9 Z- X5 Y7 X# ?SAW/V Satellite Attack Warning and Verification. 0 [ D$ [1 |' n/ c- |' c8 TSAWAFE Satellite Attack Warning and Assessment Flight Experiment.9 }# M. X4 v% K6 b1 h, X4 M SBA (1) Space-Based Assets. (2) Small Business Administration. ; Z: B4 M- X1 i. |2 R% N' P. zMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S & d Z+ r3 L4 @1 E' g7 }3 d3 ]. f256 ( l, d m; i/ d3 f+ p7 W C: o [SBAMS Space-Based Anti-Missile System. . W' q; ~5 U. p; S. Q& VSBAS (1) Space-Based Architecture Study. (2) Space-Based Acquisition System.$ w" f( _: ~9 u) K SBCL Space-Based Chemical Laser.% x) I! A5 f7 p2 q8 J* v SBD Site BMC3 Demonstration. 1 }# a2 X4 o! Y7 Q2 L/ H" JSBE (1) Space Based Element. (2) Synthetic Battlefield Environment. 6 \. N9 T0 r) n" l4 lSBES Space-Based Experimental System. - p& k1 O( y( a2 ?1 z, ?SBEV Space-Based Experimental Version. : m. p: a6 _0 }4 QSBFEL Space-Based Free Electron Laser.0 m5 B; C' s2 Z: ?' Z2 Z) { SBHE Space-Based Hypervelocity Gun Experiment. : c% d: @7 R2 Q) r& b) fSBHRG Space-Based Hypervelocity Rail Gun. / U% G" A+ ~& l8 Q* @3 H, ASBI (1) Space-Based Interceptor. (Replaced by Brilliant Pebbles (BP).) (2) Special 8 U; ^' z! c1 v z# ]( }8 o7 S$ k' CBackground Investigation. 0 {: D6 }3 x+ \ }" A" k$ t3 a5 {SBI-CV OBSOLETE. Space-Based Interceptor - Carrier Vehicle. & L4 H1 G" U: u/ w1 C$ KSBIR (1) Space-Based Infrared. (2) Small Business Innovative Research. ) Y7 q( g, h; e% T, ~SBIRS Space Based Infrared System.% E7 V6 Z: q) B SBIRS GEO SBIRS Geosynchronous Earth Orbit satellites.- ^4 ^3 O) X$ x+ h z SBIRS HEO SBIRS Infrared sensors hosted on satellites in Highly Elliptical Orbits. 4 s1 F5 d* y6 D e6 _! USBIRS High SBIRS high altitude component consisting of four SBIRS GEO satellites and C% \6 `: u* b8 Cinfrared sensors on two HEO satellites., @2 h9 }% Q* v( N% R" | SBIRS LEO SBIRS Low Earth Orbit Satellites.& [% H5 V& Q0 s" [ SBIRS Low SBIRS low altitude component consisting of SBIRS LEO satellites. The SBIRS . N, h6 l% q7 I5 \, u' L. WLow component will be designed to provide precision midcourse tracking and o7 E4 n7 W: `: M# }0 D& g; j. ldiscrimination data to support early interceptor commit, in-flight target updates,: P3 a a* A, `3 m; `' g5 X G and target object maps for a National Missile Defense architecture. The SBIRS / v% m2 h8 K1 X' A2 p! N4 kLow component will also support the other mission areas of the SBIR system. " F; ~8 c1 r' C. R# O(Evolution of the Space and Missile Tracking System).' `! S* R( C* R! M SBIS (1) Space-Based Imaging Satellite. (2) Space-Based Interceptor System. ' p( h" g+ C5 w, |" n& L& _& CSBKEW Space-Based Kinetic Energy Weapon. 4 G1 x9 V+ {8 j8 y2 V& ^SBKKV OBSOLETE. Space-Based Kinetic Kill Vehicle.: A1 K+ {5 v1 Q1 b- f0 o SBKV Space-Based Kill Vehicle. 7 r. h0 V- K$ TSBL Space-Based Laser. / z9 M6 f+ L' |1 f* oSBLRD Space-Based Laser Readiness Demonstrator.3 i* g0 h4 h) Z9 D7 H" p MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S 3 {! N3 ^2 l& [/ O4 Q: E7 c257; _$ `% d; N; t. A- b6 A- Y SBM (1) Space-Based Battle Manager. (2) Strategic Ballistic Missile.8 S: b" w8 e# _2 Q2 D# R SBNPB Space-Based Neutral Particle Beam. D/ B. J' v7 c3 U9 |( K SBNPBW Space-Based Neutral Particle Beam Weapon. : { F. }# Q: M, w' [* k- @2 Q3 xSBPB Space-Based Particle Beam. , y/ x' X) Q5 n+ M7 ?8 gSBR Space-Based Radar. - Y8 H8 D- A: j$ V, R/ f; PSBRF Space-Based Radio Frequency.

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

Archiver|航空论坛 ( 渝ICP备10008336号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-28 04:40 , Processed in 0.044003 second(s), 9 queries .