找回密码
 注册
搜索
楼主: 帅哥
打印 上一主题 下一主题

航空缩略语词典 [复制链接]

91#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:17:35 |只看该作者
Production9 k: i- Z }* `9 K2 U1 a* Z, A8 ~ Acceptance Test* {* L- t8 b% W* E# ?; { and Evaluation * {9 w+ X/ L9 GT&E of production items to demonstrate that items procured fulfill the / j3 t, E S% n" V% D: prequirements and specifications of the procuring contract or agreements. * Z% _8 G& r6 l& \) z- vProduction and + s' U* B6 p7 ?9 Z9 S# CDeployment {/ w" x8 N" D8 O3 b. E Normally the fourth phase in the acquisition process following Milestone III. 2 S& o( J9 m# K% D0 zSystems are procured, items are manufactured, operational units are trained,/ _9 l2 T) V) z0 ?! \& k and the systems are deployed." p! r! s' _3 T1 t0 O3 r' G& K Production+ @- o0 i1 h# p" K( o/ S Baseline 2 e. ]( Q2 X% ]* ]4 I7 WThe Acquisition Program Baseline (APB) approved at Milestone III, applicable to 7 _7 h P0 A3 s2 Hthe effort in Phase III, Production and Deployment. 6 X, y% r0 t. |) d4 s2 ]Production 8 E2 Y# V0 l0 N! o( g) F: t# NControl/ `; O: H4 Q$ y& V The procedure of planning, routing, scheduling, dispatching, and expediting the: r' M' u( A8 w flow of materials, parts, subassemblies, and assemblies within the plant from the% q' \9 S6 t$ ?+ e3 d7 v raw state to the finished product in an orderly and efficient manner.) V0 c e" S( N1 q6 E) Z Production! h, Y; J8 g* ?8 P Feasibility . ~0 j; k: @' b8 C# {The likelihood that a system design concept can be produced using existing ) a' A9 k, V# k: E* T/ jproduction technology while simultaneously meeting quality, production rate, and; R/ K% x. N( N+ u. G cost requirements. + j( f1 G. R; K1 }0 `( _- }+ E. L& ^Production" H( C6 N' C7 f" f; c2 g- e9 P' O! Q Qualification Test 3 m5 w& Z, u- g8 k F(PQT) % r5 z/ K9 h3 r0 e* TA technical test conducted post MS III to ensure the effectiveness of the* r1 `1 R5 X$ V% c( ? manufacturing process, equipment, and procedures. This testing also serves the5 Q; q( z* c: q1 G7 q purpose of providing data for the independent evaluation required for materiel- O1 n0 t2 P1 K$ t; C2 o release so that the evaluator can address the adequacy of the materiel with* e+ G+ Y. b8 H. P7 M! l0 m respect to the stated requirements. These tests are conducted on a number of9 O" z* g4 Q% s/ Y samples taken at random from the first production lot, and are repeated if the * z2 B/ Y7 Q* i, uprocess or design is changed significantly, and when a second or alternative- ?. t, ~, _1 {5 y7 f source is brought on line. Program funding category -- Procurement. # t# S( I0 N* bProduction ) D( V1 k3 Z; Z1 {/ W# kReadiness 9 \" M1 Y! x/ c3 kThe state or condition or preparedness of a system to proceed into production. 6 W8 q8 C3 w# F: v9 H; YA system is ready for production when the producibility of the production design & v- \' ]. W5 Qand the managerial and physical preparations necessary for initiating and 1 }* D$ k" P8 @sustaining a viable production effort have progressed to the point where a # D: a* i% L+ w5 D( }4 P) lproduction commitment can be made without incurring unacceptable risks that 0 r0 F. O4 n+ A4 B8 Q7 uwill breach thresholds of schedule, performance, cost, or other established # S8 n- A. c/ r0 g4 `3 g qcriteria. 7 U) o7 e% K* BProduction# r9 _+ f* Q) m/ q0 j6 l. ^9 z7 Z Readiness- W5 F% a) f; g2 r# P( U* a& Q4 _7 ] Review (PRR)( B+ N" }; @! d: j9 ^( D8 e A formal examination of a program to determine if the design is ready for % X; s# e% W7 |+ t$ `# ]1 `production, production-engineering problems have been resolved, and the: [( F0 G2 P6 R! l* Y/ X4 c producer has accomplished adequate planning for the production phase.4 H; ~7 j6 k; }" }" N4 O) Z+ |* c Performed toward the end of FSD. (Defense Systems Management College) ! O* i8 n3 M; r- }Prograde Orbit An orbit having an inclination of between 0° and 90° with the object moving in an& g) M% ?' g# c" `4 y9 ] easterly direction. (Retrograde Orbit.) * u& _) [6 @( i% {MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P% v8 B2 X1 c% c- `7 C1 S 233 @7 _1 Q. j1 l8 p- ^( Q* |8 bProgram (1) A DoD acquisition program. # D0 d) y! b1 b& q2 w# B% M(2) As a verb, schedule funds to meet requirements and plans. 0 {5 @* ]6 {; \1 @, H- E9 ](3) A major, independent part of a software system.7 l" P, b/ I0 D% p$ v& o) A (4) A defined effort funded by RDT&E and/or procurement appropriations * T! B9 T4 L( u& T! z3 n lwith the express objective of providing a new or improved capability in : q, R) [2 B& ]response to a stated mission need or deficiency. 4 ^' x! ?- w, u0 t7 hProgram+ t& Z# n. \8 h2 w+ B Acquisition Cost ( a2 `. ?9 s% M4 E- wThe estimated cost of development (RDT&E), procurement, and system specific6 t; G4 U& R; d, R% i5 i# u military construction (MILCON) necessary to acquire the defense system. RDT&E2 z8 Z0 q5 a) D7 }# h* X costs shall be accumulated from the point in time when the DoD acquisition. o j9 t* D$ h; W4 {0 V' m. r* m program is designated by title as a program element or major project within a ( Y, [' w' ]; n. b1 z5 zprogram element. MILCON costs shall include only those projects that directly9 J6 z5 h. W" M& g- v/ E support and uniquely identify with the system.+ i; {7 l- Y( G T8 N: G Program" d$ Q* s @' ]: F; u. f2 t% t$ x+ z Baseline$ G+ Y5 \4 S5 u! Y" I: Y! z Acquisition Program Baseline. 9 i# v4 J, b$ w% q5 EProgram Budget @: }" h( I- b5 J3 k' O Decision (PBD) 2 r; |" r4 ^5 ^7 K* c7 u9 e; MSecretary of Defense decision documents that affirm or change dollar amounts & ]! {- j0 I. [. _or manpower allowances in the services’ budget estimate submissions. 6 G" m/ c9 x' ?Program Change% I9 h! x% q4 J9 b; y" M Decision 3 S p. e- P. }( ^' o- lA decision by SECDEF issued in a prescribed format that authorizes changes in. {! @7 k5 }5 E% K4 {8 M$ i1 X the structure of the FYDP. ' M( q- }# T5 x2 g4 e% @& a) GProgram Change, F/ t$ L0 \, E Request2 f* s) I7 M2 `3 L7 r! R ]# D2 Y Prepared in a prescribed format, it is a proposal for out-of-cycle changes to data , [- `# @% A9 W G/ ]recorded in the approved FYDP. 9 c7 R' w* {, I( sProgram Cost0 d8 l& I, c* `. h, [ Categories; @9 b! l( h: e0 k Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation. Appropriations to fund the6 l9 F" S' k& n# L" F efforts performed by contractors and government activities, including + A: P+ v- }) S/ x- G0 Fprocurement of end items, weapons, materiel, components, materials and: l1 b; F( {/ u services required for the development of equipment, material, computer5 K* z- T% B0 @' S; I! | application software, and its development and initial operational test and: b" |4 g# b2 C* L0 l5 }; t evaluation. RDT&E also funds the operation of dedicated R&D installations, \: e2 h+ y* A5 X. {! r4 } activities for the conduct of R&D programs.

使用道具 举报

92#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:17:50 |只看该作者
Procurement. Appropriations to fund those acquisition programs that have been# B0 a7 a( y9 G: n approved for production, and all costs integral and necessary to deliver a useful 7 X5 m# F5 @2 j! j; m0 ~end item intended for operational use or inventory upon delivery. 0 g9 Y& w. z" t1 X8 O% tOperations & Maintenance. Appropriations to fund expenses such as civilian! q/ r' v- U! { salaries, travel, minor construction projects, operating military forces, training and - e. V0 Z1 A& ~education, depot maintenance, stock funds, and base operations support. g" ?/ d$ Q" R* V% A+ r5 O- |5 ~Military Personnel. Appropriations to fund costs of salaries and other) T6 w, ^9 x5 T+ A+ v# ^, s* b7 C/ q compensation for active and retired military personnel and reserve forces based" `3 Y4 y4 \: w0 z4 i on end strength. $ f3 _1 d9 N3 f) C J7 fMilitary Construction. Appropriations to fund major projects such as bases, 7 r( I7 ]4 P3 o4 I- s yschools, missile storage facilities, maintenance facilities, medical/dental clinics,* b/ E3 C8 Y5 R u) f libraries, and military family housing. . ^1 I- P. u( b1 B/ L+ @5 W8 o. lCosts budgeted in the O&M and Military Personnel appropriations are) j2 ?1 ?( D+ G0 q/ O& ]) B2 W considered expenses. Costs budgeted in the Procurement and Military 9 E9 G7 b, P2 Y) zConstruction appropriations are considered investments. Costs budgeted in the( w7 E" ?; Y! L RDT&E and Family Housing appropriations include both expenses and % S& t) Z$ W) P$ k, pinvestments. 6 c0 [% } _( a+ {& FMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P) s3 i0 Q. {; b8 a# d 2342 i, g6 ^' T3 G" V Program |6 |# C- d, Y& lDecision4 W; Y& A- _" U1 e, ? X Memorandum/ G8 m" G8 ~9 H% ]' d4 ]9 j (PDM)/ R& k% ?5 q {$ c8 |8 N6 S SECDEF’s approval of Military Department or Defense Agency POM with 3 q9 C9 w* F& ^" C: v- {9 stentative specific guidance. Issued in July every two years during biennial 0 M% g/ Y3 k W3 H2 JPPBS. * J d' {, Q2 `8 ?" h2 \+ |, JProgram j, z! U" R6 m( jDevelopment and 0 j- [1 q/ Y8 d7 k$ dRisk Reduction1 {5 Q9 E8 T$ `* g+ h+ V2 x' ] (PDRR) & H0 g9 k9 Z6 w5 q! ~The acquisition phase when major program characteristics and product designs- s. @! D1 a, p' O( W are refined through extensive study and analysis, hardware development, test,! U5 m B% }$ \2 d- ] and evaluation. The objective is to validate the choice of alternatives and to 0 u. [% s! \: ?8 m7 P ^provide the basis for determining whether or not to proceed into Engineering and 5 P; c5 E6 M. @2 S" aManufacturing development (EMD).+ S+ m% Z, b$ |! p; O9 q Program Element1 m) I4 g0 v% e! m; j (PE) ' M7 [# i* {# p5 i1 \The 11 major force elements are subdivided into Program Elements. The 3 d" C4 s4 Y( ]program element is the basic building block of the FYDP. It is defined as “an / O! S# u/ g- dintegrated combination of men, equipment and facilities which together0 Z0 U5 k, P# R7 J constitute an identifiable military capability of support activity.” It identifies the, ~) i: Z$ h- e( |$ D9 u$ f- y( I mission to be undertaken and the organizational entities to perform the mission.5 @) f+ k+ i) S) s5 A Elements may consist of forces, manpower, materiel, services, and/or associated : T- B2 B, l. K* ]costs. The PE consists of seven digits ending with a letter indicating appropriate 2 z4 u. \- O6 qservice.3 z$ W9 d; S3 y5 K+ ^" k* ]# H$ H8 @ Program Element. { i: [1 p. L! O& j- a9 r( l Monitor (PEM) 1 ^9 K5 j# G3 HPerson within HQ USAF office who is directly responsible for a given program. H- z) `; h7 y9 A$ }9 K and all documentation needed to harmonize the program in the budget. ) G* V8 D& W* f7 i# R; D' i$ h( nProgram 9 _) ?' P5 T4 x! W3 FEvaluation: _: z& @* E6 T4 m% K! _4 z Review & `, v; w' d; D2 U8 gTechnique . y4 K/ W$ u. [3 U1 K& wA technique for management of a program through to completion by constructing9 a& x7 j& L+ ` a network model of integrated activities and events and periodically evaluating4 x' R" N, W. @! a' m, P3 K5 T" ^9 g the time/cost implications of progress. " K5 ~ E4 l5 ]$ H7 v3 ~5 LProgram+ s' k/ c* o Y2 u0 { Executive Officer' N' |1 s: n5 u% w k/ r1 I# F4 P9 s8 V (PEO) / H! R6 Z9 ~. m; X+ @. uA military or civilian official who has primary responsibility for directing several , {2 ?) @# l2 V7 S: f) U8 eacquisition category I programs and for assigned Acquisition Category II, III, and8 \7 a- O7 r# g4 w* o IV programs. A Program Executive Officer has no other command or staff $ Z' Q) E. w" K( ^% N$ lresponsibilities within the Component, and only reports to and receives guidance0 j+ c0 Q4 m& [9 b B1 @# D and direction from the DoD Component Acquisition Executive. V/ Y* v, _1 k/ j Program0 j0 x, `1 d$ u1 N Q Management " @% A4 O5 i: g6 M, lThe process whereby a single leader and team are responsible for planning,0 s. k- k: P- D" @. _ organizing, coordinating, directing, and controlling the combined efforts of + h+ c! F6 j1 _participating/assigned civilian and military personnel and organizations in % r6 m* h* H6 A. S5 F- C9 ~accomplishing program objectives. Provides centralized authority, responsibility,. I" n% M4 k% A1 f& ^ C: C) w and point of contact for a specific acquisition program. 8 n! G i; Z3 U. |Program 0 _ v! [6 K. L$ j: [! q+ pManagement3 Z9 k: m% ~- v, F' h/ V% h8 v Agreement (PMA) + ?! e$ Q6 d/ i& oThe guiding agreement between the BMDAE and the SAEs covering the broad q( x0 S( {. R; |; f/ R objectives, funding, and expectations of each Service with respect to a specific- ~9 D x0 H/ f& I. ~( x1 [) B MDA-funded activity. / A; C4 p8 ]. @8 }! SProgram" x, {6 r3 a) L; M+ V. ? Management ' m5 M, ^9 x+ vPlan & ~" T6 a1 P" x! g, s4 _! A) f+ \The document developed and issued by the program manager, which shows the9 _- \ l7 t+ k( O# T l$ L5 @ integrated multi-functional time-phased actions and resources required to % W: `7 I* U1 ~2 Q! Vcomplete the task.- Z8 ~' f! O9 i; m! } A b Program* I6 D2 B1 Y" b5 Q$ S7 {9 S! t Manager (PM)+ l' D8 E/ ~, N/ i y$ l0 w A military or civilian official who is responsible for managing an acquisition+ x# T0 Z4 K0 J* |5 c program./ ?. T3 p( e1 g' |6 D Programmatic Pertaining to the cost, schedule, and performance characteristics of an* K/ A; J, V: R- m: k) ^ acquisition program.

使用道具 举报

93#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:02 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P + G; D9 Q, Z* } K3 z, U& s, G. n; _235' Y+ `( f* o8 Z. S/ ` Program 6 }2 V. _* U/ Z; FObjectives 9 A+ N0 P+ m! O# IMemorandum 5 G8 _# }0 ?2 `; E1 A6 {3 G3 U(POM) . O7 O' p' W* JAn annual memorandum in prescribed format submitted to the SECDEF in May$ J1 t1 z0 }% G by the DoD Component Head, which recommends the total resource # o/ t2 V( |) t, x7 L, w" brequirements and programs within the parameters of the SECDEF's fiscal/ J' _: ^* v% }, t( W9 m guidance. A major document in the PPBS; it ultimately becomes the ; ?( l( u# y: jComponent's budget.+ J* H, C' b+ a) i+ y- }, T! _& d6 r Program/Project # R9 L+ K' p- z9 k) {( n6 ?Integrator (PI) ! x6 H5 v% `7 i$ Q% _/ Y! NThe MDA staff member assigned responsibility for integrating all tasks within a9 S& Z/ N5 M2 e# x# {5 O8 O project. Single point-of-contact for information and activities involving a MDA# \# W3 T; v8 S/ h; e" M technology, NMD planning, or a TMD acquisition project. , p# N8 \3 B% M9 KProgramming The projection of activities to be accomplished and the resources that will be ! ?5 [, m* O8 ~5 Trequired for a specified period in the future. The process of preparing a 5 i& V/ v# M3 U5 nprogram, especially in terms of quantitative, physical requirements, manpower, 8 p/ |/ P2 n. }+ R' {$ Cmateriel, and facilities. The process of establishing and maintaining a program.7 Z+ g" E. E8 Z3 l& R1 g5 [ PROGRUS Program Update Studies. 5 O! v' O; z$ IProject (1) Synonymous with program in general usage. 3 X' k, x) U- k) @6 j(2) Specifically, a planned undertaking having a finite beginning and $ ]. z4 O) J4 v7 q# E2 ?' fending, involving definition, development, production, and logistics 1 O4 s$ m2 N4 O5 F- Jsupport of a major weapon or weapon support system or systems. A 0 a6 i4 v6 Z+ `0 P: E2 u5 Vproject may be the whole or a part of a program. Within the Navy, a 8 M* I' P* r6 rDesignated Project is a project, which, because of its importance or 3 O% w( x0 e" ^! Z1 @critical nature, has been selected for intensified project management.$ Z* X, L& p( Q& W7 o) k& C (3) A planned undertaking of something to be accomplished, produced, or ( t& F; w+ ]7 M4 K" b: Rconstructed, having a finite beginning and a finite ending. 2 j9 M! U' x' G% Y) O8 e: x% `Project Office The office of the program manager and the point of contact with industry, 8 r8 O# l% u- t% w3 {( j Bgovernment agencies, and other activities participating in the system acquisition" @) i: I3 x+ v8 a% S2 Z process. (USASSDC) (Note: USAF uses the term System Program Office). 8 T7 c1 E2 s, ?, O) y$ W) g) o9 v2 uProject Planning 7 {0 T% F5 M0 o) v/ p+ [' U$ EGuidance (PPG)1 Q8 p4 l6 r4 \/ \! a- G High-level summary document that defines the work to be performed by each + J" h# z ~ eExecuting Agent in support of the BMD program.7 p" D* k- s1 C) Q: F1 D Project Summary' q8 ~7 w3 ^6 S3 o3 {: C: {. H Work Breakdown; K6 b$ f* ^! a3 ]8 ` Structure (WBS)0 a1 c0 v% V8 R+ ]9 |9 E A summary WBS tailored to a specific defense materiel item by selecting , H6 x4 _0 {; N3 h; P4 c4 ~* y; {applicable elements from one or more summary WBSs or by adding equivalent + ~2 @ w( @4 ~5 }: P. ?" ?elements unique to the project (MIL-STD-881A). % E5 ^0 J- p k ~Proliferation& T; H/ k# }" ?: D0 u( s" J (Nuclear( u4 v" b% P/ J. g5 @ Weapons)% K4 r0 f) s) W. }$ ]- \ M The process by which nations sequentially come into possession of, or acquire , t0 V# H! s+ F1 ~5 i& uthe right to determine the use of, nuclear weapons, thus enabling each to3 K* @! Q+ }0 Y9 q$ f: g5 ] launch a nuclear attack upon another nation. 3 B( z$ G; [2 @5 ~" o/ L% r9 G* hProof of Principle6 F8 F$ j) r/ e& a (POP) * J, x) n4 r8 P! hTechnical demonstration and troop experimentation conducted with brassboard$ Z2 D* B/ T/ f2 i0 I: I" G configuration, subsystems, or surrogate systems, using troops in a realistic field 7 l$ e q" A" s) Henvironment. The process examines the organization and operational concept,9 g8 v! S, W' ~4 y( J; z o; q# T provides data to improve requirements and evaluation criteria, and provides data ; G# k; j3 e9 h% V2 e3 {on which to base the decision to enter EMD (Army). 9 Y/ f0 B. g6 ~! `Proprietary Right A broad contractor term used to describe data belonging to the contractor. This ! q, {0 C9 l! {% O1 q& h/ Adata could be intellectual property, financial data, etc. The Government when; L" w# y; |+ y! E2 z' y& Y, a referencing technical data does not recognize this category. (Defense Systems9 \- k0 A, E8 W# z! Z3 @# B' t* ^# l Management College Glossary)4 O D R6 F' G3 d Protection 0 f1 Q! J; g) h+ ?! ^2 v/ mPriorities8 H1 C4 b! T9 A0 @" N The aggregated value for each impact point prediction specifying the order of: m1 K8 y4 Z5 f" O. { protection. ) j% x# o' m! d/ `9 c, J# fProto Prototype.( q9 k) J' M3 G% m7 u" V MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P) a/ s( d- T, O$ N 236 ( m5 C% }7 ]( i0 \8 f4 OPRP Personnel Reliability Program (ILS term).7 i8 s; a, Y2 o6 N T* F PRR Production Readiness Review. " B- b+ o7 K2 M) t. t3 \PS (1) Physical Security. (2) Product Service.3 @, @( @- e4 a7 K, I PSA Production Shakedown Availability.$ y$ B# j+ u3 t3 c: w3 @ PSAC President’s Science Advisory Committee. / ?# O9 l$ p) APSC Principle Subordinate Command. ' E3 O1 k6 w+ m; V& pPSCC Physical Security Control Center. 0 X& o- e- ^* F L R2 X6 IPSD Power System Demonstrator. ) t' w3 _4 i. g: N5 `4 s6 W; zPSE Peculiar Support Element. 9 c, e+ V# ]/ L9 iPsi Pounds per Square Inch. : v7 Y2 [# ]' ^* N' CPSM Portable Space Model.* h* P. R& d) j/ g. P PSN Packet Switching Node.0 b$ N& A Z; `6 A PSP Program Support Plan. 0 a+ i' @0 B) _( t% n6 @! F2 q/ N* ^PSRR Preliminary System Requirements Review. 2 R% k2 b" s U3 A Y' w3 R3 e- DPSS (1) Passive Sensor System. (2) Passive Surveillance Sensor (Project 1106 term).9 N7 C7 O9 |9 K( p1 J5 g" ^. d PSSC Preliminary System Security Concept., ]1 v6 j' M; h* }/ M9 d# D PSW Packet Switching. # L* v8 ]8 g8 J$ {, {" XPSYOP Psychological Operations.1 w9 m- j) i5 n# i PsyOps Psychological Operations.6 b9 W# q9 X3 q7 p PTBT Partial Test Ban Treaty.2 _2 _6 J2 \5 h n/ O6 _0 X PTDB Problem Tracking Data Base. . w4 V" H* H5 z0 ^. X9 gPTE Processor Test Environment. - ?8 S4 S$ k! I N& m- z/ A" rPTI Pacific Telecom, Incorporated.

使用道具 举报

94#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:13 |只看该作者
PTO Participating Test Organization. & M7 t- Z% ~6 U3 z# WPTPM Product Transition Procedure Manual.' E' c: d# f, L1 x# I$ v PtSi Platinum Silicide. ! o* ?2 c2 t6 o* cPTV Propulsion Test Vehicle.3 q( a6 i/ f. u( z) E& i PTWG Producible Technology Working Groups. % d5 _, V. m( X9 bPu Plutonium. # Y) p5 N6 A9 @2 [MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P% z1 X9 }6 ]5 K1 x 2370 A) X/ h3 D# |# f$ a$ Q Pulse Duration In radar, measurement of pulse transmission time in microseconds, that is, the v$ p( Y7 C2 m6 Q1 P/ L' Z time the radar’s transmitter is energized during each cycle. 9 B$ a; F% A' q k$ _1 d1 _0 I7 JPulse Repetition 5 W) w8 R) d0 J9 HFrequency6 U# u0 d! g4 l. c In radar, the number of pulses the occur each second. Not to be confused with W3 w' e q+ c; [transmission frequency which is determined by the rate at which cycles are ( e$ s& B/ V: R4 Rrepeated within the transmitted pulse. 4 G7 H1 c( N7 t G' d, ~+ z( sPulsed Power ; u- W! M" L# o j" G. yEMR" F- a3 g+ V. z( O1 s$ t Radiated fields that have very high instantaneous peak field strengths or power 5 h) f( U8 ]) s$ e. pdensity but significantly lower average values. 4 G7 c3 R* b$ nPumping The raising of the molecules or atoms of a lasant to an energy state above the& x' @) p6 s+ h. c/ O' P- F normal lowest state to produce laser light. This results when they fall back to a 4 A0 F/ r0 L* ]$ _- W( ?lower state. Pumping may be done using electrical, chemical, or nuclear energy.: D. z N" R2 _$ @8 F7 \9 z& Q PUR Program Update Review (OSD term).8 Q, x+ r4 \+ ^+ c Purchase Order $ j1 k% p# B3 ]2 @3 L8 q1 A: `(PO) $ g7 G4 X, o) j( p( ]A contractual procurement document used primarily to procure supplies and nonpersonal services when the aggregate amount involved in any one transaction is + M+ }2 }! x, N5 d5 Crelatively small (e.g., not exceeding $10,000). # b& J5 Z. U) A5 s3 m5 X# I- F! PPV HCT Photovoltaic Mercury Cadmium Telluride. ( B$ S4 ~1 o2 }3 R4 gPVB Project Validation Board (MILCON term).1 m8 |$ R( [1 E& `" D PVO (PVO & d" v3 s+ L/ N% ^Strany); m* A7 b6 W9 u; Y) C! R Russian organization formerly responsible for the air and space defense of their # Y) B- Q; q4 |+ \& }7 T# q8 Nhomeland.! H- L1 ^2 {2 ~: ^. {; x0 N4 R PVT Payload Verification Test. , A8 w' Y3 s. ?" u0 G# fpW Picowatt.' ?0 t' {' Z5 ?, r PWBS Program Work Breakdown Structure.) h4 ^. F' Y7 k4 X! I. T9 c, ` PWG Product Working Group.5 U' a+ Z8 J7 t: } PWR Pressurized Water Reactor., t# u' y7 u6 O# a( X PY Prior Year. $ e3 V0 H; a- Z: F, EPyrotechnic A mixture of chemicals which, when ignited, is capable of reacting exothermically; W! u. X U% @3 ]" _ to produce light, heat, smoke, sound, or gas, and may be also used to introduce . V5 z9 J+ l) A: za delay into an explosive train because of its known burning time. The term4 Q6 s& Q4 M, k7 B! | excludes propellants and explosives. + e1 |8 Z7 F) CMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 Q1 \2 O2 a7 @2 _7 b! A, K9 u1 v 238 8 Z& B) D/ \' B! JQ Quarter [of year]. 4 X& ^9 [ P& A& D5 N$ U" _& sQ&R Qualification and Reliability.9 t* n# O( d" E Q/FY (number) Quarter/Fiscal Year (number), e.g., 4Q/FY98 e. @7 T" R6 Q2 b+ GQA Quality Assurance.) t0 E3 ^6 E% X, k QAE Quality Assurance Evaluator. - ]4 }7 y& Z) X+ _- Y' P3 pQAMSP Quality Assurance Master Surveillance Plan.' h- t& n1 F0 U$ i2 ^ QC Quality Control.: c0 _' t4 y, F QDR Quadrennial Defense Review (US Congress/DoD term).) n! A" v5 @% N, D8 r% C4 x QFR Question for Record. , A/ q z+ ]5 r1 LQIP Quality Improvement Prototype.* a+ A( A2 R2 X4 L( I- ^2 H1 s QLD Quick Look Display. 3 b: @5 m+ a* b3 U8 p: H( RQM (1) Queen Match. (2) Quartermaster.* p( y& ^" I b, R* F QM/DX Queen Match/Discrimination Experiment. $ g# w; T, R5 t- c( x2 ~QMB Quality Management Board. 8 P5 F. r" N4 T4 \# }QPP Quality Program Plan.; O: I" ^( I' j$ S2 z. g QPR Quality Program Review.( y+ w! C. E+ n3 \# ?3 x QPSR Quarterly Program Status Review. 0 _3 H( Y4 S$ i1 a+ HQQPRI Qualitative and Quantitative Personnel Requirements Information. 6 C: w$ K$ K3 j% F! A' XQRA (1) Quartz Resonant Accelerometer 7 N) {3 ^' v* W4 ^ Z: b" k(2) Quick Reaction Alert.' `$ ~/ k# ?8 p' a& j- K- @ (3) Quick Reaction Aircraft (US)." s) X$ `: `1 N+ A: U9 p" G QRC Quick Reaction Capability. . Y: `! N+ `! P3 P2 B R* C' }) U# CQRG Quick Reference Guide. ' G' `) y1 f5 S7 j- l' yQRM Quick Response Missile. 0 n" B5 e2 v. p. k. A. kQRP Quick Response Program (PATRIOT). ' W* x# j% \, J2 CQRP Radar Quick Response Program Radar. _4 r. v; ] Y# G$ eQRS (1) Quartz Resonant Sensor. (2) Quick Reaction Software. ) N9 _5 E2 Z' ]# d6 z$ ]QSR Quadrennial Strategy Review. ; Z- m/ K; b) `6 E" FQtrly Quarterly. 2 O. Z \7 K/ |0 H$ A9 OQuad-D/ADI Quad-D/Advanced Discriminating Interceptor. & S/ E m6 o3 J0 ~0 v1 b- E' Z0 SMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 Q 6 C- p4 _9 O( Z+ i" T239( T+ {* J+ i' M' R" i Qualification Test This test simulates defined environmental conditions with a predetermined safety $ p9 M2 z6 T4 g) Lfactor, the results indicating whether a given design can perform its function 6 B% [% J- D5 ~& T; _within the simulated environment of a system. The test usually is not conducted/ `, h7 u- [1 b0 c+ M8 C W on models using production tooling and processes. + _0 a& `/ C% A9 }Query A request for identification of a set of assets, expressed in terms of a set of# r. T# k6 ?0 e+ S/ a$ w criteria, which the identified item must satisfy. 8 A( M$ N5 F' \4 wQueue' X% u$ j) @( C2 R6 u Quick Reaction " Y A( X( |5 `: }Launch Vehicle7 P) ^: ^: A+ |3 w+ O A store for a sequence of packets, or messages, which are waiting to be6 b7 }5 k! f. X+ }4 z processed. A transmit queue for instance is a store of packets waiting to be % @: l. O, v, }transmitted. ( G$ U! N9 p; N/ ^4 ^A Congressionally mandated program to provide surrogate launch vehicles in' p* G7 B; l0 E h/ u/ e$ A6 C% B support of the Northern Edge exercise in 2001 and 2002. In addition the QRLV& n0 m: ^5 t Y/ h6 s7 y- O/ L u/ ` has participated in several experiments for various users. ' H: b" a+ q. ]7 z; b$ CQWIP Quantum Well Infrared Photodetector.* J: Z: g6 v1 z2 s8 L MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R " u: C" Q3 [) S1 L9 J241 # [! \) m: P: S' |R&A Reliability and Availability.

使用道具 举报

95#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:23 |只看该作者
R&D Research and Development.- m* M% F7 K: w# c R&M Reliability and Maintainability. . g3 Z& h5 R9 u* k: ~* ?, T; _8 BR-T Real Time. + t" b( x9 A' {1 ]" SR/ASR Review as Required.1 ^4 V7 C( O. \ R/W Read/Write.* a! z6 S- L w R2 (1) Recovery and Reconstitution. (2) Reporting Responsibility. 9 m! N4 T$ i9 D) Z/ [$ O& JR2 P2 Rapid-Retargeting/Precision Pointing (simulator).$ O' Q/ A* B x' `* d: O L5 q R2 D9 z# X! f6 v) a9 n 36 f( Q. {) ^5 g- i" J! }. J Rotary Reciprocating Refrigerator. 9 [$ `7 p9 U; g/ J( n! i) a5 P, I% aRAA Risk Approval Authority. 2 ?, @6 i6 V: y9 J2 Q- v8 `) FRAAF Royal Australian Air Force. 0 s; f/ D" @9 _RACE Research in Advanced Communications in Europe. ; d7 a ]3 j0 ^# ?RAD (1) Radiation Absorbed Dose. (2) Radiation Accumulated Dose. % Q! L2 B/ ^' l& N1 ^Rad Hard Radiation Hardened.* K4 @; ~# ~ y' e7 [. U' b Radar (Formerly an acronym for Radio Detection and Ranging.) A technique for detecting targets in the atmosphere or in space by transmitting radio waves (e.g., 2 B; w+ z1 m) x7 |% Zmicrowaves) and sensing the waves reflected by objects. The reflected waves7 l% {0 M7 x! x: l+ y (called "returns" or "echoes") provide information on the distance to the target O* h+ w- z! p+ L, G7 ^! S6 O" c and the velocity of the target, and also may provide information about the shape ) r6 _2 ~; I) xof the target.1 u6 f/ q r6 J# t" m9 T Radar Beacon A receiver-transmitter combination which sends out a coded signal when, Y1 [6 p. ^' y, `7 @" Z triggered by the proper type of pulse, enabling determination of range and 4 {5 k7 c/ J0 r1 w0 Ibearing information by the interrogating station or aircraft.9 Z# M9 z9 C- N Radar Cross 2 \( Y3 {5 \# k# F" NSection (RCS)0 w" M; N+ i8 K Area of an object as scanned by radar; measured in square meters.2 p; R- N/ D8 U2 a Radar Netting The linking of several radars to a single center to provide integrated target 0 K+ s' {+ L, S% Tinformation. 6 @( D+ X- n# I: x; \4 O3 Q9 |RADC (1) Region Air Defense Commander. (2) OBSOLETE. Rome Air Development' P+ t8 d8 f$ A6 B Center. (Now called Rome Laboratory.)- {6 d: e% L5 X7 j RADEC Radiation Detection Capability. " W8 i0 C7 [' O8 j7 ?RADHAZ (1) Electromagnetic Radiation Hazard. (2) Hazards form electromagnetic & H7 A; Y% Y+ u& P6 O0 G) lradiation. * E+ X: |8 H+ w/ x3 nRadiant9 t! d# g3 l+ b# q Exposure, {% X4 t- C6 M' _; G The total amount of thermal radiation energy received per unit area of exposed 2 {& A, o* K* V+ x0 \- M7 }surface; it is usually expressed in calories per square centimeter.# ~# H% Z A& o. Q5 v MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R% s/ o. i b1 x( N2 N0 U! `5 L 242 . \" L( {( j, GRadiation (1) The emission and propagation of waves transmitting energy through% Y/ [ m Z4 _3 _; ~ space or through some medium; for example, the emission and ) k. F; u$ N: D) qpropagation of electromagnetic, sound, or elastic waves. + g9 x% j+ I1 i+ w' T0 }(2) The energy transmitted by waves through space or some medium; when& j0 R) @6 ]0 N unqualified, usually refers to electromagnetic radiation. Also known as! L: C. N; i ~6 z4 h, w! t radiant energy.& \- D" D: H* J (3) A stream of particles, such as electrons, neutrons, protons, alpha / `/ k6 o9 x8 ]particles, or high-energy photons, or a mixture of these. (See Ionizing ( o k4 ?' f# n* kRadiation, Nuclear Radiation, and Thermal Radiation.) & i0 i& J9 r8 U% m6 m/ i# F% SRadiation# C0 ]: m3 F9 W0 \6 m! w" r Hardening 6 M/ V3 j2 x: f6 L- WProtection of a particular system, subsystem, or component from functional / u: f4 u% h0 @* \: a! ^5 r- udamage due to the effects of nuclear (or other) radiation by shielding the ! m3 `) f9 w/ [% gvulnerable components from the radiation, or using other passive techniques in 9 S) T5 g* [) [: |. a! nmanufacturing effects of nuclear (or other) radiation.* ?. u5 R* o) l) G, s% Z5 V' h( ] RADIC System Rapidly Deployable Integrated Command and Control System. 4 j) I& b6 D/ |RADINT Radar Intelligence. ! r1 J0 s! _0 R- ZRadio Blackout3 W, n8 V8 q: ~. D. M3 Q/ V: ^ (RBO)2 Q K; x) c' w The complete disruption of radio (or radar) signal over large areas caused by the+ j- U- l2 N( e ionization accompanying a high altitude nuclear explosion, especially above X! {; z& l5 n about 40 miles. | |# l# o3 zRadioactive (or4 o, R9 K2 |: n* a3 r Nuclear) Cloud: U/ p2 `. T1 |- L. _0 w An all-inclusive term for the volume of hot gases, smoke, dust, and other. @" O4 o5 L8 c* a. x4 [ particulate matter from the nuclear weapon itself and from its environment, that is & e3 }& q5 p3 s* ?" {carried aloft in conjunction with the rising fireball produced by the detonation of a+ z# d' }8 b. ?4 s. i+ ?1 g nuclear weapon.6 c. M2 K3 D2 G3 M( z6 a. l Radioactivity The spontaneous emission of radiation, generally alpha or beta particles, often * O* V9 f7 i) A' h u. R X) gaccompanied by gamma rays, from the nuclei or an unstable isotope. # Q) z1 W: U+ J. R, B" b: ORADOT Recording Automatic Digital Optical Tracker. $ W, x, b8 [/ U: d9 q1 a& _RAG Red-Amber-Green (MDA/POC assessment term).1 j; y, ^2 ?, i Rail Gun (RG) A weapon using metallic rails and electromagnetic energy to fire hypervelocity2 l" X- _- T8 s projectiles.# j$ B) O# z4 S6 d1 q3 v RAM (1) Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability. (2) Random Access Memory ' z/ o; r/ d5 B; r$ _& I) ^& i; YRAMA (1) Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability. h' N6 [$ X, K$ m6 w(2) Random Access Memory. : C& j# L2 _+ C T5 j2 o(3) Radar Absorption Material. ! v, B3 s v5 A Z3 nRAMOS (1) Russian-American Observation Satellite.7 W8 t0 A% S7 s& {6 S9 u (2) Reliability, availability, maintainability, operations, and support. 3 j0 m! f/ L, U: ~RAMS Resource Management Accounting System.* a- o# t9 e! R9 U! Q, |& t& W Random Defense Engagement of RVs uniformly without any reference to type or destination. This, B7 _9 c2 |. x! e* J5 p implies taking the best shot possible in terms of increasing probability to kill.) X( ~( w1 |' j, V! j Range Resolution The difference between the true distance (from sensor) to target and the4 w. g* p/ b' o8 y, u calculated distance to target based on sensor data, at maximum sensor range. ' B4 @) z4 F- D( R- @RAP Remote Access Panel.3 p2 e/ Q0 ~6 N3 s$ r+ H* E5 u MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R! o; r9 z+ e; h4 ^$ `( m 243 9 G0 N' ~$ ^6 W" z1 nRAPIER Rapid Emergency Relocation Team.$ P( `: w+ a# I8 `( O( p RAPTOR Responsive Aircraft Program for Theater Operations. A high-altitude, long$ o5 `9 y5 H; g endurance airborne sensor platform.% o2 k1 b8 V5 B3 v RAPTOR/TALON A technology demonstration program to demonstrate critical technologies for an & e! C* m( d% A: Nunmanned airborne weapons system providing a boost phase intercept7 [- b! p$ a" g, E+ Q capability. . k5 K( b" f- qRARSAT Radar Ocean Reconnaissance Satellite. * B0 q* ]8 {6 J- [' E# }' ZRAS (1) Requirements Allocation Sheet. (2) Remote Access Set. 0 U9 |% P9 O) \RASA Remote Command Safety System.3 o& _2 M5 M, G8 s Rationalization Any action that increases the effectiveness of allied forces through more efficient 6 Q1 b* V+ P' C. T( L% z4 ?or effective use of defense resources committed to the alliance. Rationalization ( N# j) O q% p, b$ v9 iincludes consolidation, reassignment of national priorities to higher alliance 6 K0 H8 N* A% {! _' l/ Rneeds, standardization, specialization, mutual support or improved9 |( w) h7 q) L0 s) e1 L interoperability, and greater cooperation. Rationalization applies to both * e' X. p1 p, d7 u; rweapons/materiel resources and non-weapons military matters.3 m8 P9 S R1 ]$ A4 @4 \$ d" [2 O RB Reentry Body. 5 C1 ^, C1 z3 v/ n Z, F4 PRBECS Revised Battlefield Electronic CEOI System (US Army-sponsored).8 |4 _/ O0 s+ {% U9 s3 k RBO Radio Blackout. * }% C' P. {2 h" Y- r1 HRC/CC Responsibility Center/Cost Center. 7 }! d9 d$ o0 U4 B8 ?0 ^3 o: NRCF Radar Correlation Function.

使用道具 举报

96#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:35 |只看该作者
RCM (1) Reliability Centered Maintenance. m2 v C7 F8 p, P8 T+ D (2) Requirements Correlation Matrix (AF). 7 G& F( P8 F C9 a(3) Resource Consumption Model. # ]. ~- I, x: p& k% C* r& fRCR Rate Capability Review (USA term).5 U5 y5 i: j: z% U0 S RCS Radar Cross-Section. ] }2 Q! e# f8 L- N- Q RCSR Radar Cross-Section Reduction.$ [2 K' O% `1 K: w3 J) J8 K- a RCSS Range Command Safety System. " x; M* F9 c: jRCU (1) Rate Changes Unit. (2) Remote Control Unit. (3) Reactor Control Unit. . @7 G8 f' t" D! o' }* [- j8 eRCVR Receiver. 7 W! v! B* x( L* l2 h mRD Readiness Demonstrator (SBL Program term)., y1 l& Z7 f8 `0 t8 } RDA Research, Development and Acquisition.3 D) B% ^" `, n; o( d5 ^, _ RDBMS Relational Database Management System (Computer term). . a. _, r% c# b' aRDC Research and Development Contract. * l9 ?$ e4 W" V0 a: {9 {% ^) nRDD Requirements Driven Design." s) ^0 [9 N( i! Z$ e/ l MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R" m6 l( L% ?/ ]& w$ T' |5 { 244 ; U$ y0 R" {& m5 m) g n3 ZRDD-100 Requirements Driven Development7 m% t5 B( B' F- V3 a RDG Random Data Generator. 1 Q6 v- _* v0 x0 J; J9 S0 xRDS Regional Defense System.' N9 R3 `/ f0 {; d7 s1 U RDT&E Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation. 0 ]9 A2 P; @: M$ ~! tRDT&E Program 6 I5 o) c+ z# H( A1 |9 h3 E5 yCategories 4 L N: K' g* M6 M8 }% D$ K1 E* kThe five divisions the comprise Major Force Program 06 (R&D) in the FYDP. 5 z, U* C u* c3 O6 |5 h+ BThey are:, Q5 H O' Q1 v3 G •6.1 Basic Research; [# {4 W# C5 Q; f7 i •6.2 Exploratory Development ( @% a0 A/ Z0 U6 B7 ?9 a# b' [: S•6.3 Advanced Development5 S. E& \) N3 I. P: c •6.4 Engineering Development : a" [" L- r5 x3 V3 ^•6.5 Management and Support.+ a7 S' I3 b, o/ A/ u Operational System development, not a designated category, is funded in , a3 i) A0 i2 W3 H7 M* c& A: @RDT&E appropriations but not in Major Force Program 06. 5 F' q7 n; @# ]. u, F& fRE Radar Enhancement (USA term). . t* Z4 D: y8 s9 q( g0 rRe Targeting The ability of the system to recomputed the direction of sensors and/or weapons6 K" O2 B) h$ i3 t- p to intercept a target that was missed on the first attempt, or that was superseded ( N$ U3 T6 k; v6 `+ e+ }0 r* fby a higher priority target.4 |4 N6 M7 O* ] REACT Rapid Execution and Combat Targeting.2 w, e, _. i7 r6 e4 Q" d+ s Reaction Decoy A decoy deployed only upon warning or suspicion of imminent attack., J: A1 |8 P I% w3 ]. o% N Readiness ; j' y. U, z1 |Postures' s: _1 Y1 {! G( s- X; P, H; S# y A specific status defining the relative responsiveness of BMD assets and ! a/ I3 F0 U( @. `. d$ S6 k! `: Bpersonnel to perform a USSPACECOM BMD mission. ) |, p& M/ q* N+ H$ F ZReal Time (1) Pertaining to the processing of data by computer in connection with & f0 l$ r m! s9 M( }, W# Zanother process outside the computer according to time requirements 1 {* y9 @ Z( E" Iimproved by the outside process. This term is used to describe systems f0 m# x- i7 a! [operating in conversational mode, and processes that can be influenced % i2 {' N$ V- b; A' [by human intervention, while they are in progress.9 [+ y) }2 Q$ g3 p* b: Z9 D5 D (2) Pertaining to the actual time during which a physical process transpires, % R7 a) n8 P: F7 s% bfor example, the performance of a computation during the actual time 6 l4 U8 `+ [% c5 U& B- Hthat the related physical process transpires, in order that results of the $ f9 H* g! [8 S4 q' g- ?: F0 @ [computation can be used in guiding the physical process.+ _. d/ M- R$ L+ ~4 I Real World Data Data derived from physical experimentation concerning phenomenology % l; j+ V: b8 v* p3 r" `associated with technical functioning of SDS, particularly regarding target& p! R+ J! T0 F ?, ^1 h signatures, background observables, sensor functions, weapon functions, and 9 ~2 Q9 i4 v% x; asurvivability. - O' X( @! ^$ j% i, T/ NReal World Data; n' f5 J# N1 u) f+ Q" D5 U Collection$ d/ c0 }0 \# t; ^- r3 F s The provision, to SEIC users, of access to real world data, in fashion timely and 6 n. y/ s/ z5 x- botherwise suitable to meet users’ needs (e.g. for validation of a test bed).' n- [# J, r' S2 e# T REC Radio-Electronic Combat.+ D! r" b8 g9 E) p, W0 _ RECCE Reconnaissance.8 O! w8 V) r5 U+ b Reclama A formal appeal to the service comptroller of SECDEF’s tentative budget decision8 h7 ]& a v5 k+ L' U3 e) F on the service budget estimates. 7 e3 a6 L2 X$ a9 yMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R: c2 }! U0 T- b# v. F* V3 F2 i& z( b& l Y 245) Y$ F2 X( x* j# p4 ]0 E RECON Reconnaissance. 7 x$ B* @4 L) m3 v- G: v6 n! M% f7 SReconciliation Directives to standing committees contained in congressional budget resolutions+ c1 T* ]; T- m6 E1 v* m calling for certain dollar savings and a deadline for reporting legislation to! d& b3 m' ^7 c# P achieve the savings. Omnibus reconciliation bill incorporating these changes is" @* J9 U6 ^9 h! n introduced and acted on in both houses. 1 g5 Y/ `0 E4 SReconstitute To restore, during periods of hostile engagements or during peacetime, military5 I* u7 N1 X. A( n forces or elements as closely as possible to a desired state of readiness for 9 z* _# m" `: l4 Ucombat. ' B a) v, h6 O+ W7 P- XRed/Blue/ e! B! ~3 g6 E) j3 J: u2 | Exchange " }+ X- G2 K; B; Q+ r2 Z0 `A process to identify and define potential countermeasures that would degrade6 x4 f' u; i; }7 H- e7 R O. |* h9 d aspects of ballistic missile defense. The process – akin to a wargame – pits a2 K9 }1 l# @! n# f. C; j Red team fielded by DSIM and a Blue team fielded by AQ. A senior review * u$ U' `5 n; u5 kpanel acts as the referee. % p* y0 o! S# @) M& f8 v5 f; LREDCAP Real-time Electromagnetic Digitally Controlled Analyzer and Processor (USAF5 s5 u1 P: Q$ l" w' `' K# P term).4 p8 {& G/ I4 d4 ~: R+ A/ P Redout The degradation of infrared sensor resolution due to high-altitude nuclear bursts.3 L) H- f: h4 t) i! o9 H Radiation from these bursts causes fluorescence-emission of light from air' [3 j, u C0 a$ ~9 m- U molecules. The emitted light lies within the long-wave IR spectrum so the: G+ F% z0 Q" P: c atmosphere below appears to the sensor to glow more brightly than usual. * F3 i6 a1 v4 ~7 x3 Y- DRedundancy The inclusion of duplicate or alternate system elements to improve operational* g6 P2 s$ v( G) h! \7 D reliability by ensuring continued operation in the event that a primary element& V* ?% f/ Q; L# z2 _- p0 f fails.8 D& ]( {# k! t0 x0 X, z9 q Reengineering The process of examining, altering, and re-implementing an existing computer- \8 m3 z. N7 Y. q$ t1 i' D& Y# { system to reconstitute it in a new form./ x+ ^! I8 h9 k Reentry The return of objects originally launched from earth, into the atmosphere./ H5 ], |0 m/ H& N8 a Reentry Angle Elevation angle of velocity vector relative to local horizontal plane when 2 C6 K2 i9 p9 S4 ~& lreentering object reaches 92km.& Y' H* I0 b. u, Q# R Reentry Phase That portion of the trajectory of a ballistic missile or space vehicle where there is 4 r9 j' `9 n, F4 v+ _4 d; X' w K9 ga significant interaction of the vehicle and the earth’s atmosphere. ( F" S. K+ x! C! z9 S; J# fReentry Vehicle) a! N. J! K4 o0 `- p* i (RV)/ ^+ V' p/ t; n9 D (1) Reentry vehicles are objects containing nuclear warheads. They are, B9 X( w) j& ~ released from the last stage of a booster rocket or from a post-boost 3 J; X: U) p c: @vehicle early in the ballistic trajectory. They are thermally insulated to7 @* ^8 b3 o# |) s7 y; _ survive rapid heating during the high velocities of reentry into the& `4 C7 P3 s4 {! x. w atmosphere, and are designed to protect their contents until detonation3 A l. }* ]# Q0 Q9 }5 b0 X# f at their targets. % @- ^. Z8 g/ j m: v; f$ I(2) That part of a space vehicle designed to re-enter the Earth’s atmosphere1 D, q4 I. \6 {8 q5 K n the terminal portion of its trajectory.4 _1 T; S7 o1 x+ w3 v Regional Defense# a: {9 T, g0 m" ?1 {7 u/ y System (RDS) ]! a" M% \9 ~9 r3 a& i4 ZThat portion of the SDS that provides defense for a specific geographic region,, O5 v; {3 }! o9 c. s such as the European Theater.* d, k9 f! u; `$ L; x Regional. {5 ]; i! B% t6 E+ G" T Operations 8 \( V. M* i4 X- w6 H0 o4 m* uCenter (ROC)1 ^2 j& E( [7 k- p0 A+ x A group of fixed and/or mobile centers with OPCON over allocated ground based% q5 {* G @5 z sensors and weapons. " T- H2 V8 Z* H6 g" K2 wMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R$ e" g0 D2 l& m 246 * `: x B! b0 e2 \4 X9 bRegional$ l% j; C% Q/ |8 a. m9 w( i3 ? Operations( r- p, b; r$ [) k3 a Control Center " A$ H; f4 E( j) }: m) P" D6 u1 u(ROCC) $ v0 ~* M& |* h( b5 r AThe command function for CONUS, Canadian and Alaska NORAD Regions, 9 Q7 Y0 G2 {3 B+ {4 Ireferred to as “regions.” In the Alaska NORAD region, the ROCC is also the6 f' s$ T; I# p/ e2 D. s) @1 a central intelligence, communications and operations control center established1 E4 Z# C5 h0 D0 \( ^; x8 K8 K for the purpose of supervising and coordinating the combat effort of all air4 @, w6 j* Z+ T$ {- _( w- P defense forces made available to the Alaska NORAD region commander. Under ( D! h0 ^* Y1 i5 t' A7 Onormal operating conditions (not degraded), the ROCC is responsible for the $ G" u2 h& O& c8 H3 j6 M5 K, Qidentification function and for air and ballistic missile defense of North America.4 U; h u6 Q) `2 L# ^ Regrade To determine that certain classified information requires, in the interests of; V; c p! J' x; h1 {1 @ national security, a higher or lower degree of protection against unauthorized7 |1 D; T! u& c4 q0 F disclosure than currently provided, coupled with a changing of the classification 1 R9 c8 L3 p1 |0 D% A, t: ndesignation to reflect such higher or lower degree. 8 J# p& T* c% H6 W/ @REL NAV Relative Navigation (JTIDS term). $ Q# o( i% r7 t$ M& _2 {Relay Mirror Part of a ground-based laser system.

使用道具 举报

97#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:49 |只看该作者
Reliability and' P, H0 a& A% D$ ]% M8 T Maintainability 7 X4 `3 [, @ z& v(R&M)9 y7 _* ]# p/ C0 H Reliability and maintainability design parameters are key factors in the design of, ^0 h' y* T. H% F1 x, q2 a affordable and supportable systems. R&M parameters provide inputs into the _! z- e( W5 n |! Ndesign and LSA processes that quantitatively link system readiness to the ILS & E! J% v8 V& r) Z- g+ felements. One of the principal elements of ILS.: y8 y; \# D2 d" v! |3 c9 } Reliability, 2 H8 z+ s( m. o: {4 CAvailability, and4 W( Z- R9 {1 P# [8 G9 O: ]# c% o Maintainability " g6 @2 X' F' D$ Q(RAM) : Q1 g# j9 o8 V# P- |) D0 A5 z% t7 aThose requirements imposed on acquisition systems to ensure they are ; v+ y. b$ X# w6 Q( U& r' k3 Uoperationally ready for use when needed, will successfully perform assigned % L( O9 N" Y4 P# w" L6 K5 x2 ofunctions, and can be economically operated and maintained within the scope of; l' ]' b( j/ G8 `' o logistics concepts and policies. RAM programs are applicable to materiel. x( y& X/ z% R8 `' r/ w1 J$ C9 s systems, test measurement and diagnostic equipment, training devices, and % y4 w4 S2 j' s% L5 Jfacilities developed, produced, maintained, procured, or modified for use. (See6 W" K' k5 ~1 Q) v9 c individual definitions for Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability.)" s1 T9 }9 a' G' p3 r. Z REM Roentgen Equivalent Man. ; Y h* |( a3 { e" d2 tRemotely Piloted% { m6 w$ M( o# I Vehicle (RPV)% q/ _& M7 }7 V' B An unmanned vehicle capable of being controlled from a distant location through ' ~, \# k5 U, F" Ka communication link. It is normally designed to be recoverable. See also 5 g/ R, h$ e+ u8 ?7 Z7 JDrone. 9 t6 W, F& \2 w: t0 y2 hRepairability The probability that a failed system will be restored to operable condition within a 4 q& V8 {! n, R$ m% [" Xspecified active repair time. / a3 q8 E1 ?7 K6 N# F6 X& i% ^- _0 MRepeater- , S% }9 U$ |* R' w4 A' [Jammer( G- ]5 O( c7 [9 ?2 y# p A receiver transmitter device that amplifies, multiplies and retransmits the signals , l" S- B) @. I% Rreceived, for purposes of deception or jamming.! g" X$ ^' ]7 L' O Report Back Information returned from system elements that verify that directions have been " {* R' n9 [* c3 U& y" xreceived and carried out. Also includes information regarding system 9 \- b, Q0 }) N P0 R1 W* Feffectiveness. ) w, q2 Q, o+ I! [Reprogrammable7 u. R' ^* {, ]% l Time! b- w; ]$ j9 S# F Time required to re-target an alert missile. % P. d8 v$ W) |6 @1 k: a# \Reprogramming The transfer of funds between program element and line items within an / X& w4 w/ H' ]appropriation for purposes other than those contemplated at the time of 5 i. S) f/ g1 q6 Q4 [( |appropriation. Appropriate congressional committees generally accomplish) t6 Y+ v# g. o- d reprogramming pursuant to consultation with and approval. . N9 _+ X# K: O1 rRequest for# M+ ^+ P& W! i5 ^/ ? @: H Proposal (RFP)( v. l" D& G1 i0 J8 @$ V A solicitation used in negotiated acquisition to communicate government9 O" P+ o. r0 M0 N2 E$ d requirements to prospective contractors and to solicit proposals. - i( p5 v1 a$ [' uMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R- X6 {, Z8 S3 o, [% d# Y( R 247; ?1 R/ b4 R9 C( g2 {. m2 H Request for 1 F2 V, }3 E+ F X/ a, BQuotation( Y" V6 z- d; w& p* ]% I. K A solicitation used in negotiated acquisition to communicate government/ Q$ u7 w0 A5 H/ ] requirements to prospective contractors and to solicit a quotation. A response to + B; i1 l4 b# [8 {: Oan RFQ is not an offer. It is informational in character. # O5 D! a& K6 Y& J, Q- t$ K) cRequired 7 A4 Q+ n7 H0 v9 I% ]. dOperational( @% O& B7 w6 t0 N$ _: _: { Capability (ROC)) I0 g7 U4 Y+ }; N- m! ` OBSOLETE. A document stating need and specific operational capability. 5 u2 Z5 @ Q* F4 G3 ZReplaced by the Operational Requirements Document (Army, USMC).. X2 X) A0 c. j% N4 c# u& C6 ]* f Operational Requirements Document.! M. z* b3 G* \' u Required6 `4 m; y y+ b Operational- E* j& e1 J r( b4 a Characteristics+ E1 V5 }8 r0 l4 k+ s* ?' f System parameters that are primary indicators of the system’s capability to be( U9 V, h& }+ k% M4 C4 y4 R* | employed to perform the required mission functions, and to be supported. $ m3 Q$ |9 E5 F0 iRequired+ F% u- A: R! t, z Technical ) a2 k; F3 P# [0 l5 E2 D. l' H9 JCharacteristics , q1 r' n% E: uQuantitative system performance parameters, approved by the DoD Component, ; Q' g& j4 T: R% }& `- y5 Fthat are selected as primary indicators of technical achievement of engineering8 Y/ g$ n- p2 t0 ^! L/ Q/ X* f thresholds. These might not be direct measures of, but should always relate to,8 o3 S3 _2 R. T' P9 y4 [ a system's capability to perform its required mission function and to be 2 V" `5 g: `+ Jsupported. Required technical characteristics are usually tested and evaluated - P5 F/ @+ D3 hby developmental testing and evaluation (DT&E) to ascertain achievement of $ e8 R3 C+ k7 q/ p4 [approved goals and thresholds for these characteristics. Critical technical, S2 n7 O% r. b5 W( x characteristics selected for a DAB program baseline are reviewed and further4 u" N% d$ R, w2 E+ R9 i approved through the DAB process.* H% ]6 f/ t' l3 x3 m# m1 ^& Y8 |8 s Requirements( ^1 w) `. }5 @/ Q r2 M9 r4 b Analysis / v. r5 _- i! r$ \; e4 _7 I+ tAn analysis to determine and document the need for resources to perform the + j) k5 Y! Z3 k! nagency’s mission.' @( H6 S6 b) A j. K+ M3 c Requirements; W) S! ^4 ^. u; A. d4 J% v Document 9 x" x; K5 u1 C$ J' UA document that sets forth the requirements for a system or system component; 9 U, f4 c% n/ L; hfor example, a software configuration item. Typically included are functional 6 r* B3 D1 o5 O7 }7 u" I3 Q" }requirements, performance requirements, interface requirements, design8 g' X. b2 R1 B" J requirements, and development standards. 4 j! n A/ m" J* z2 o0 b# X, ~RES (1) Remote Engagement Section (HAWK TBM weapons system term). 4 F+ n* m. Z& m(2) Resolution.. n+ U: g$ B% m( A+ `6 f RESA Research, Evaluation, and Systems Analysis simulation facility (USN), San Diego,5 Q$ k; Z; I0 z8 u CA.& K1 @8 W# R4 O2 r' ^$ u Rescission An action by the President canceling budget authority previously appropriated8 _* d& A: Y- A! f% G2 Y; A. L, ?- T but not yet obligated or spent. If both Houses of Congress do not approve the D. k# F3 p0 I+ q proposed rescission within 45 days, the President must obligate the BA as. J8 y) s8 ^3 j6 a intended by Congress.1 O3 }2 `8 R1 r4 j. { Research and + g5 W) x( G! P% B) K6 @& DDevelopment + U* ]% A7 O) U _8 v. t3 YCosts ' y1 o3 l; B5 Z0 q' \- N" D$ o1 pThose program costs primarily associated with R&D efforts including the0 }1 w- O' d* L& M2 s$ V. f* B development of a new or improved capability to the point where it is ready for2 z$ J' B2 t3 S/ ~7 L( C; G use. They include equipment costs funded under RDT&E appropriations and ; H" j& |3 T( @1 Hrelated military construction appropriation costs. They exclude costs that appear 0 ^9 Q* G; J. X- F: G. ^# j) \/ Uin the military personnel, operation and maintenance, and procurement 7 U( S. M1 s7 p& Q" T" mappropriations.* _+ L. A6 `+ t$ a& X: A0 ~ Research, . f6 b# z! g4 u$ L9 c. ]Development, ) ~. W' l& l% a8 B3 GTest, and0 w) f7 Q: I# q! g Evaluation6 X5 c x# S3 D* S$ M, f (RDT&E)7 D& e. ^) M1 s; X y( h$ {' M Activities for the development of a new system that include basic and exploratory" ?1 e6 u, ]; q7 q2 ~3 c research, advanced and engineering development, development and7 p$ Q$ a7 @ {4 p7 j operational testing and the evaluation of test results. Also, an appropriation # S! S+ l% k8 Ecategory that includes funds allocated to the FYDP major force program 6. 6 x# ` G- J& a- ?( I(Defense Systems Management College) / W& S9 m/ i0 C3 t( XResident Space$ I8 t) i, d# u0 ~, A! O Object (RSO) # x7 {7 q* C" q$ z2 x8 p: \The Cheyenne Mountain Complex maintains object, which is currently on-orbit# k f3 B! w: P$ V and whose element set parameters. / ]) I' y x# a4 x8 p# X" TMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R% E4 [8 K% `4 ?( E2 n( x4 B 248 2 j# a9 G3 ~1 rRESOL Resolution.( q3 [* U% k, Z2 ~5 @. R Resolution (1) The ability of a sensor to measure the separation of an image into its1 r' L3 t% r7 j5 T% b4 k constituent objects so that single objects are visible and distinguishable. ' V) q* o& C# w5 m# A5 A; O(2) A measurement of the smallest detail that can be distinguished by a& o: {9 b% D! p. B1 {, f) q8 K sensor system under specific conditions.! S6 a' h* R8 e$ ~. d8 ~ Response Plan' B$ R/ `# j. z! p% `4 O" v, z* K Selection & N0 u1 K1 M2 _ @1 ?( X2 zThe continual comparison of the nature of the observed threat with the defense* |. b) j3 R: o1 ]" j, r* f system capabilities and selects the best way to attack the threat in accordance; ]7 [ B3 Y" @9 z4 W with established priorities and specified strategy. - w# L: [1 p6 UResponsive) h4 p9 u" J* n' B; I+ @# b/ ~ Threat {$ _$ p+ |& e: ~9 LThe threat after taking into account modernization and countermeasures $ X- t1 \( W; O* j* ?, c9 Eintroduced to offset the capabilities of the SDS. ; n+ Y! v3 D0 v; s/ e* BRestitution The process of determining the true planimetric position of objects whose images ( p5 H q- A% ^2 a7 j. M; Qappear on photographs. ) J5 s6 g' H, S, E+ h" tRetrofit Action Action taken to modify in-service equipment.' q% I4 Y; i- Q8 b5 K9 @ Retrograde Orbit An orbit having inclination of 0 to 90 degrees (See Prograde Orbit). 8 o7 P7 i8 E' k m- FReverse1 y9 J* d, [0 P Engineering r/ b* L9 W7 a9 J: F# a' HThe process of analyzing a computer system’s software to identify components }! p& T. _" p, j0 q! Y+ Z9 } and their interrelationships. ( H8 H- p3 q9 sREVIC Revised Enhanced Version of Intermediate COCOMO (Computer term). 0 L' a' q( N$ h+ o6 B& l# K: oRevisit Interval The time that elapses between successive observations of an object from a 2 ^& g" {( }7 w2 Fsingle sensor.

使用道具 举报

98#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:59 |只看该作者
RF (1) Radio Frequency. (2) Response Force.+ }: `( v: f6 X RFFEL Radio Frequency Linac. j, B) M9 l( L2 MRFI (1) Request for Issue. (2) Request for Information. (3) Radio Frequency/ D( y, x7 n# \& M+ }3 y6 L Interference.7 G! m) y8 d* a RFL Radio Frequency Linac. ; j5 d/ ~! m {RFLINAC Radio Frequency Linear Accelerator. , `9 u# d A7 l* [RFOG Resonant Fiber Optic Gyro.1 i$ ]/ N( E, t2 d- c RFP Request for Proposal.5 H7 D3 ~: R6 K; ? @/ K/ C+ c* P RFQ Radio Frequency Quadrupole (Accelerator).+ K1 Z* v+ B; Y+ a {5 G( r0 T RG (1) Rail Gun. (2) Review Group. 0 C8 _4 f/ ^# x+ _ `! Z/ U( K! `RGB Red, Green, Blue (Video Engineering term). & i# w/ l; J, j, O( dRH Radiation Hardened. * g" S, h! d- R2 e5 CRH Electronics Radiation Hardened Electronics. ; H3 S/ U& f" f) W: sRHD Radiation Hardened Electronics.5 ~# X# d2 B' V3 H8 P0 z* I MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R1 v6 H. H- W5 g J# _( m9 y 249, o9 Y. E J: C2 L! ` RHETT II (1) Russian Half Effect Thruster Technology Program. 5 K# G6 d. Y, _(2) Russian Hall Electric Thruster Test. # P4 ~5 W1 x% R! {: LRi Inherent Reliability.: h' n$ M: c! v: r: \$ n RIA Range Insensitive Axes.. i) ]7 \, }, t% m. Z: F RIBIT Reverse Illuminated Blocked Impurity Transducer.$ A! U1 y% J' E+ ? RICBM Retro Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.5 K/ L0 d8 k! F RIIA Royal Institute of International Affairs (UK). " P0 S$ B9 g2 C/ a `* L2 ~RIL Repair Items List (ILS term). ' h, s0 M" ?/ ZRINT Unintentional Radiation Intelligence.8 W. X3 ~9 Y) \; o4 v9 k: _0 I RIS Radar Instruction Set Computer.! y/ _: L2 e' A/ F: _ RISC Reduced Instruction Set Computers. 4 n- Q2 b7 e4 Q* @$ hRISCAE RISC Ada Environment. * \- i: I% N7 c WRisk Approval7 q' h# [ q0 |9 o! ?3 X Authority (RAA)' n' Q1 z4 ?8 S An individual designated by the Director, MDA who makes risk acceptance ; M ]1 m- J/ N0 u5 y. U9 Z; Fdecisions. The RAA evaluates trade-offs between threats and such factors as ) w& Y7 K4 {( }* H& @cost, security, survivability, and safety to achieve a functionally operational,2 r" j9 x4 z7 @" X+ B affordable, and secure system. ' y" @& t3 q9 T5 ~7 _, z$ wRisk Assessment The process of subjectively determining the probability that a specific interplay of ; U. V' C+ L% l$ nperformance, schedule, and cost as an objective, will or will not be attained) W6 N, l! ^, H- r, | along the planned course of action. (Defense Systems Management College). f3 A! t1 x0 \. M. F; O RISTA Reconnaissance, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition. 7 b. U8 R! D) N: E# K$ l4 |RIU Range Interface Unit. ) ~- i. M2 b5 @. s( L6 TRivet Joint RC-135 reconnaissance aircraft.: w- C$ _) |; H0 e' f RIVET JOINT Name of USAF Reconnaissance project.( J/ b& j% E$ d4 [, z* W# X! i* V- j6 t8 o RIW Reliability Incentive Warranty.0 w4 {& Z1 |( p/ L5 l" ~) n$ x8 r2 @ RL Rome Laboratory, Griffiss Business and Technology Park, NY. (Formerly called " ~3 O$ b6 W# q$ e, H ^, L8 x/ ]Rome Air Development Center.) 7 |' u2 ]0 J8 Z1 t0 Q; ORLA Repair of Level Analysis (ILS term). 7 Z9 A0 [# s3 M& R! XRLG Ring Laser Gyro.+ f/ V/ D) w- Z F- I RLRIU Routing Logic Radio Interface Unit (PATRIOT).& z$ E) Q9 x( Z1 z" E, w" c5 N0 Y RLRIU-U Routing Logic Radio Interface Unit – Upgrade (USA term). 4 s2 K& U: F+ L% g. p) wRm Mission Reliability (ILS term). 9 w( B- U; x, f4 V9 Z- k2 r& k/ MRM Radioman (USN term). 7 c) H- C' o$ B3 l, ]4 s5 WMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R* K& S4 f* U" o8 m 2501 y+ n" P! l6 I RMA (1) Reliability, Maintainability and Availability (see RAM) (ILS term). e; U' H5 Q3 h) L: x(2) Revolution in Military Affairs (OSD term).) C" n% W5 m5 P( ~ RMCET Resource Management Concurrent Engineering Team. 2 P6 ?$ P- H1 `; G: T9 ?RME (1) Relay Mirror Experiment (a satellite launched February 1990 and which 5 \/ K8 `1 L+ L5 z9 R Dreentered the atmosphere in May 1993). (2) Remote Multiplexer Encoder. , O3 ^$ `* c' W; h9 ~* NRMI Republic of the Marshall Islands.5 J4 [% B# s' B RMO Reflectivity. 4 S F. u7 z: [7 ~! u4 h1 CRMP Risk Management Plan.4 O: {$ z. O" y RMS (1) Remote Manipulator System. (2) Root Mean Square. 3 j4 ]$ n' z, c! A1 lRNAS REL NAV Analytic Simulator (JTIDS term). / ?! h6 K* D0 l$ {3 C) r) S; Y9 S4 wRNLAF Royal Netherlands Air Force.1 b( ]. {! N J& i2 y; _% F. `8 l% s RNLN Royal Netherlands Navy.( v' X/ Q* E/ F9 V ROB Remote Operating Base.9 Y% U! q" E' S' y% L ROBS Rapid Optical Beam Steering (system).8 N9 p& i6 ~% _: f6 q Robust Used in describing a system; indicates its ability to endure and perform its' f, E- f( I3 S: r5 [7 V mission against a responsive threat. Also used to indicate system ability to7 o4 R8 u: n7 j5 k& J( c0 B survive under direct attack. $ H' f9 I" h4 S. Z8 c7 @Robustness (1) The ability to produce correct results despite input errors. # o! J6 A4 B. p9 f(2) The existence of coordinated, multiple capabilities that perform the same 8 H7 r! B0 ?+ C0 i+ Mbroad task/mission. Provides the BMD warfighter with sufficient flexibility 6 X# ~, Y" [% `0 Hto negate the specified threat with application of a variable mix of ground7 l [& ]1 V# R# y [ and space-based systems. (USSPACECOM)% T! g0 \/ c. m+ C z ROC (1) Regional Operations Center. (2) Required Operational Capability. . @# a$ X8 }+ E2 ?ROCC Regional Operations Control Center.! |& `5 P6 W! L1 y0 f ROD Record of Decision. ( X/ k0 S/ [$ o: W( f% ~ROE Rules of Engagement. $ @/ i# b- s/ O/ s1 ^4 `ROF Rate of Fire ; a: K: q+ P3 P& S3 K$ fROI Return on Investment. ! `2 E5 x: w% H6 U. l9 t3 D PROK Republic of Korea. / y% y3 T& [; w1 i. A5 U, fROM Rough Order of Magnitude" i# y* V3 P4 n& o ROOM Real-time Object-Oriented Methodology. - ]9 V9 K& b9 ~/ U* a! iRORSAT Radar Ocean Reconnaissance Satellite., l' i$ _ v, s7 I) v ROV Remotely Operated Vehicle. & d% P, q$ o5 I( y3 f) t; UMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R : B- v( ?$ ]/ t: ^0 X9 Y! U8 W251 2 v& t5 q4 M# g6 XROW Rest-of-World.( _. \7 C/ i+ D: A RP (1) Repetitive Pulse. (2) Readiness Posture. 8 c: D6 W7 M* q3 `) o, {RP&C Resource Planning and Coordination.5 R+ Z: F) h3 {" J" b# C2 Y4 M8 o' t RPAC Resource Performance Analysis Center.7 o4 _" K. l& N! z: j; @& l RPIE Real Property Installed Equipment. : R$ x: O5 @* _1 Urpm Revolutions per minute./ B B& l6 x% V7 t6 Q$ @/ _" W RPV Remotely Piloted Vehicle. * Q( X$ H% u; ?( ^ V, q9 mRqmt Requirement.1 p$ q) G) @' W6 X5 M; U+ ] RQMTS Requirements.1 s$ Y+ ]/ F7 S; k* D RQn Review Question (AFMC term).- R: g5 n4 {2 J% ]+ A4 d# L RRDI Range Resolved Doppler Imagining # g) z, e9 ]% vRRFD Risk Reduction Flight Demonstration. ( d5 ~; |" {: n2 ^0 y; H# mRRG Requirements Review Group. ! A1 K9 n' n* {1 uRS Radar Set (PATRIOT).

使用道具 举报

99#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:19:09 |只看该作者
RSA Russian Space Agency.# M) v3 [& Q& u" G5 f5 R, z) t RSI Rationalization, Standardization, and Interoperability.( f8 ^, F) _+ R$ o- P RSIP Radar System Improvement Program. / o/ i1 W5 s& {/ h% DRSO Resident Space Object. ' F. J( `. X# d5 D; JRSOI Reception, Staging, Operation and force Integration (Joint Forces term). * x0 B/ F0 R7 R" N& ?RSRE Royal Signal and Radar Establishment (UK).8 M% ], u* s: } RST Radar System Test (THAAD-GBR) ' v0 B# ~* W3 ^# o+ kRSTA Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition. 5 F6 L: I& D5 L- q* J6 J* sRSTER Radar Surveillance Technology Experimental Radar (UHF). 7 E* S: o; Z9 K& lRSU Remote Switching Unit.5 [3 a2 X- \4 @! e" r7 J RSV Re-supply vehicle. : G/ b' ` h1 U8 u% v# s& E" vRT (1) Relocation Time (ILS term). (2) Repair Task Distribution (ILS term).7 n& t( r& L" H! ` RTC Report to Congress. " f( h, I/ e7 v* ORTCA Real Time Casualty Assessment (US Army term).+ u3 X9 u, X" o RTD Radar Technology Demonstration. . t$ | C6 n$ O) @0 ZMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R ! K/ b* p, W# x" K252 / g+ n. l6 D. m4 R6 H# |( B, n/ i2 }RTF Release To Fleet (USN term). 2 Y" W: B2 L) lRTG Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator.5 p9 }- X& h/ O( N s RTIM Radar Technology Identification Methodology. 4 W- t: D i7 CRTO Responsible Test Organization.$ I% {: o& a* G0 v. ]6 m RTOV Real Time Operational Verification.$ j x8 q* \8 O9 W2 K4 a! X RTOVF Real Time Operational Verification Facility (US Army term).* V8 [- N5 u$ W( C" d' a% s1 G) s4 r5 K RTS (1) Request To Send (Telecomm/Computer term). (2) Remote Tracking Station.+ [7 q+ d2 w0 S* V6 G RTWP Real Time Wave form Processor (Advanced Technology Demonstration Radar5 H) m6 N1 F3 [6 A$ u. T term).. K- M/ y0 j8 L* o# L) f Rules of5 b' ^9 ~5 m4 Q Engagement ]! N# ^5 i5 Z) S0 A (ROE) 2 B% y2 X1 Q% w& a4 @1 Q8 \Directives issued by competent military authority which delineate the 2 A& p) t+ W c4 ?0 dcircumstances and limitations under which United States forces will initiate and/or* d- R4 m" m* V; I) j7 }2 Q4 n) @ continue combat engagement with other forces encountered.) J$ e3 [) K. Y7 f! T* u RUPS Resource User ID and Password System." b9 L2 d, y1 v3 S. h RUSI Royal United Services Institute (UK). " r; W" o9 ]5 `& n( aRV See Reentry Vehicle. $ i" Y$ Q; q2 R4 R% t3 GRV Complex A reentry vehicle and its associated objects./ u% l ?* p- v. O) Z RV Temperature The temperature of the heat given off by the RV that allows sensors to acquire$ U( s) e& ?) r+ M# U6 Y* I them.; P# p4 s/ K( H0 _* i RVAO Reentry Vehicle Associated Objects.- s( h( q2 U* l2 z0 e ? Rvw Review.9 [: A, q% i% `$ l) \ RW (1) Radiological Weapon. (2) Rotary Wing.. P- a9 [* g) J" R RWPD Real Time Waveform Processing Demonstration.; f/ e( ]# L: b RWR Radar Warning Receiver.& g4 t; n7 K% ?8 s0 \' d RWS Remote Workstation. . i i# |: \7 h; KRX (1) Receive. (2) Receiver. " {' H0 s9 M, uMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S 5 N8 d+ l) u5 R8 J* i( V253 * m7 d2 d2 M& ^9 K" U9 iS Start.$ M- [! i- _) w/ H S&A Safe and Arm. X- \. p0 S6 h" l6 k, |+ fS&T Science and Technology.7 v! g# w N `( V; q S&TI Scientific and Technical Intelligence. 0 ]7 x9 [& g6 X: V$ j+ nS&TNF Strategic and Theater Nuclear Forces. ' U. y1 q; n& l& u1 iS/N (1) Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Also called SNR). (2) Serial Number. ! X/ _2 [" ~0 w) }* [+ D5 bS/NF Secret/No Foreign Security Marking. - l4 C6 Q. ~# b2 d: ^8 r# ^; \S/O Survivability/Operability. 3 p. P: F. J# MS/SU/AC Systems/System Upgrade/Advanced Concept. 0 N8 p R3 I; \# @S/T Search/Track. 6 N* k6 ^( I$ pS/V Survivability and Vulnerability. . Y x, v6 p0 ` {9 g9 W" zS/W Software.9 K" G# D7 ~2 r S2 Synchronized and Synergized.7 c+ N' N8 g6 b: ]* @& T* }" c S3 E Space-Based KEW System Simulator/Emulator.( |4 L& A: z! J. [! y$ n8 A SA (1) Situation Awareness1 M4 F5 F% F/ H) s( k# m! F+ G5 u (2) Secretary of the Army.' ~0 g% g; F4 ~/ o2 ^5 ] SA&I System Architecture and Integration. ' p% x4 i; n2 [% V6 ?SA-N Surface-to-Air, Naval. ! q" @4 K+ Y: o/ fSA/BM OBSOLETE. Systems Analysis/Battle Management. / }& t2 L8 Y* K) w0 O3 ~$ g: bSA/PDL Strategic Defense Ada Process Description Language.* ]1 D4 x! i6 D& T9 V SAAWC Sector Anti-Air Warfare Coordinator (USMC). + Q8 A% A: U, `SAAWF Sector Anti-Air Warfare Facility (USF term). ) D1 G; m5 q( E r j% C1 zSABRS Space and Atmospheric Burst Reporting System. ( T6 f! b# Y. U$ z4 ]1 D6 cSAC (1) OBSOLETE. Strategic Air Command (see USSTRATCOM).2 n% e& |) Y6 L+ K2 S M5 ` (2) Senate Appropriations Committee (US).* v3 F8 f& D5 | SACCS SAC Control System. ' P: y9 l" a! ]SACEUR Supreme Allied Command, Europe.- M1 ~/ C. I8 b7 b, O& c SACLANT Supreme Allied Command, Atlantic.& P0 g- `: q m- Y" K6 H l# L SACMA Suppliers of Advanced Composite Materials Association.: C9 w# ?7 ~( S0 @ P1 A SADA Standard Advanced Dewar Assembly. ' G2 @; D7 u0 q' WMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S 6 f9 l- e5 T1 R/ x* D2541 f2 J! O- k9 F! I' o SADBU Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (of OSD).9 n, d$ J3 m% a) l( c SADM System Acquisition Decision Memorandum (Army). . U2 J2 z P9 h! ?SADO Senior Operations Duty Officer (JFACC term).4 U' B: F( H+ |1 j6 X4 H# d& w SAE Service Acquisition Executive. 7 l7 W4 N' f3 e; S$ I2 o5 A4 }SAFEGUARD A U.S. midcourse and terminal phase defense for ICBMs, deployed in 1975 and1 o: [8 P0 ]$ p, g- ^/ `- v deactivated in 1976 due to its limited cost effectiveness.& Q& j( Q: j9 i: t0 j* M) W SAFSCOM OBSOLETE. SAFEGUARD System Command.: o1 t1 ~9 m; m! l Y) z5 y, U' @( ] SAG Senior Advisory Group.) P5 f; R; m1 m8 g* C' C SAGE Semi-Automatic Ground Environment {Air Defense System}.% Y( ]# B8 I2 _1 \# | SAH Semi-active homing. 8 @+ m1 r; A: @2 ^; ISAIC Scientific Applications International Corporation. % U) u7 `+ b* d1 TSaint A satellite inspector system designed to demonstrate the feasibility of2 j1 t+ _1 ^8 ]1 p6 {* d/ o5 M/ p intercepting, inspecting, and reporting on the characteristics of satellites in orbit. 5 W+ D1 N' g0 }3 z! G8 ySAINT (1) Satellite Interceptor. (2) Shared Adaptive Internet Technology.* D. n# _& ?" X5 ?$ l; ~$ G SAIP Semi-Automated Imagery Processing.! O2 M) T" @$ J" |2 b SAKT System Architecture and Key Tradeoffs (SDIO term). n' v# m8 T% T. q. C# x z2 { SAL Strategic Arms Limitation. $ x" T* [5 J* x% n2 xSALT Strategic Arms Limitation Talks.; Z4 C6 w* D/ F$ I( [ Salvage Fusing The means by which a warhead detonates when an interceptor structurally 4 I1 A+ e' Y. h% z2 r7 Yattacks it. Generally used as a device for disruption of the defense.4 ?, q) ]; f% T- [5 b SAM Surface-to-Air Missile.; ^6 w3 I; M3 [ SAM-D Surface to-Air Missile, Model D (now PATRIOT).: r, \5 ], ?; U: H! J( O" ^; U SAMD Security Assistance Management Division. ! _) x0 v/ J0 b; C9 C# G( cSAMM Software Acquisition Maturity Matrix.# ~' U; x! U5 [9 y+ y% ? SAMMES Space Active Modular Materials Experiment.

使用道具 举报

100#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:19:20 |只看该作者
SAMOPA Single Accelerator Master Oscillator-Power Amplifier.# U' U8 v7 o4 f; K0 ^ SAMOS Satellite and Missile Observation System.; r$ m* [% t3 p, f( W SAMP (1) Single Acquisition Management Plan.* `* T9 ?; E% k# b } (2) Security Accreditation Management Plan.0 c2 K3 z! u! k7 p- E( ~ SAMP/T Sol-Air Moyenne Portee/Terre (Surface-Air Medium Portable/Terrestrial – French-" w+ d! t% a' r6 G/ C' K% L* z Italian missile). 9 ~+ \$ U6 C ?( p' L4 sMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S/ N# M# t3 y- g 255 9 w7 w! @9 m1 aSAMS Spacecraft Assembly, Maintenance and Servicing Study.! Y$ m+ t% X1 x8 O SAMTEC OBSOLETE. Space and Missile Systems Test Center, Vandenberg AFB, CA. ( Y0 K8 b+ d9 M4 O+ f+ `$ u& WSAMTO OBSOLETE. Space and Missile Test Organization, Vandenberg AFB, CA. 5 M5 U% v, D; u. zSAO Security Assistance Organization. " k2 m' w1 o' D! ]+ k* q! FSAP Special Access Program./ c1 a, W' H4 `- v SAR (1) Synthetic Aperture Radar.' N7 p" _+ `! t$ P* c (2) Selected Acquisition Report. M, p2 O# A( _* Y(3) Special Access Required. 3 s( R9 T- w4 d- ^! g(4) Search and Rescue. L5 s- L9 l, dSARDA [Assistant] Secretary of the Army for Research, Development and Acquisition.+ L# s5 p8 ?! v! o3 Y4 l( f, S) e' S SAS (1) Shoot-Assess-Shoot. (2) System Architecture Study (SDI). - n9 L+ l8 A$ B' V3 {% xSASC Senate Arms Service Committee. (US).5 u& C- |4 A$ V SASET Software Architecture Sizing and Estimating Tool. : S: E7 P1 I4 vSASS Space Assets Support System.) O; V i5 ^# c SAT Surveillance, Acquisition and Tracking.# \/ `; X% U; o& }) l9 X SATAN Security Administrator’s Tool for Analyzing Networks. 9 q& @" R" m3 `5 a& H% fSATCOM Satellite Communications. . r4 }( }2 d; e. |2 sSatellite and1 \5 \3 E6 h% z: W Missile 0 r, u) T6 `% q, v3 X* I- SSurveillance ! c+ i& I+ D7 y6 I8 M \The systematic observation of aerospace for the purpose of detecting, tracking,3 z% ~2 y0 Y: N) ]) ]! _" G and characterizing objects, events, and phenomena associated with satellites 0 E" w5 K# J9 p9 {% `1 T( wand in-flight missiles, both friendly and enemy. # _" f3 o% K' @Satellite & ?2 E7 p2 i' G# uReconnaissance . p* [+ |9 t& H& n! R3 Y* UIntelligence gathered through collection systems involved in assessing the * c0 a' m7 r7 P* ^7 Ccapabilities, methods of operation, signal intercept, photo reconnaissance, and* T' o2 h) v0 k% { i7 ?+ K' E: P other intelligence indications and warnings that will provide information for SDS# j' A( ~& X$ F% l assets.; d% w# T. @- Z" V SATKA Surveillance, Acquisition, Tracking, and Kill Assessment. a; A$ t" ^/ C3 x2 FSATP Space Applications Technology Program.2 Y1 W. L$ C5 |3 d) E# u0 N SATRAK Satellite Tracking. , n! ?9 }* y/ qSATURN Name of NASA rocket booster.: `# T# Y O( b SATVUL Satellite Vulnerability.: Q! B* R' u+ l6 e' c SAW (1) Surface Acoustic Wave. (2) Satellite Attack Warning. 5 b; H, _* f4 h$ H9 QSAW/V Satellite Attack Warning and Verification.) q; p; C" t/ W* S: T) O SAWAFE Satellite Attack Warning and Assessment Flight Experiment. : p# p% S! R9 FSBA (1) Space-Based Assets. (2) Small Business Administration.4 v0 P: _* e' ] MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S0 W- z c0 C. r' |; U3 ~ 256' L3 e( `! w1 I% u" _! R. m5 T2 }; T SBAMS Space-Based Anti-Missile System. , L3 b) e7 ~3 G$ p/ }SBAS (1) Space-Based Architecture Study. (2) Space-Based Acquisition System." l8 L4 _1 X% r2 p SBCL Space-Based Chemical Laser.) O7 Q" F- ?* u) B( r: N4 O SBD Site BMC3 Demonstration. ( d7 |3 T# F1 z2 u+ @( XSBE (1) Space Based Element. (2) Synthetic Battlefield Environment.' M7 y* C2 K7 `5 J6 f8 P SBES Space-Based Experimental System.) N+ x' N( p1 \: l SBEV Space-Based Experimental Version. : x! j ?, s# R7 o R' Y# wSBFEL Space-Based Free Electron Laser.6 o+ L7 |% Y+ P( d6 \+ x) _3 f, g SBHE Space-Based Hypervelocity Gun Experiment. " z, r5 D' g: e2 q5 N) E D% ASBHRG Space-Based Hypervelocity Rail Gun./ i, n' U# A. S# T SBI (1) Space-Based Interceptor. (Replaced by Brilliant Pebbles (BP).) (2) Special - U5 c/ ?1 A: V0 Q! @Background Investigation. & {% u( h/ A) p4 bSBI-CV OBSOLETE. Space-Based Interceptor - Carrier Vehicle.: R$ ^9 n, E. B K0 L( e SBIR (1) Space-Based Infrared. (2) Small Business Innovative Research.. I# f, N, Y0 a E- @# R SBIRS Space Based Infrared System.# A+ f3 E6 V% m9 s. P& S SBIRS GEO SBIRS Geosynchronous Earth Orbit satellites.5 r3 k' U; k- P SBIRS HEO SBIRS Infrared sensors hosted on satellites in Highly Elliptical Orbits. 8 D- _8 }' U& i; R8 l% cSBIRS High SBIRS high altitude component consisting of four SBIRS GEO satellites and 8 b- A" L8 }6 d( h* tinfrared sensors on two HEO satellites.3 y' ~) v+ S( ~- z9 N SBIRS LEO SBIRS Low Earth Orbit Satellites.0 e3 Z% q& \3 t SBIRS Low SBIRS low altitude component consisting of SBIRS LEO satellites. The SBIRS) b; I- D( K k( W3 {. _ Low component will be designed to provide precision midcourse tracking and % x! z9 X2 X1 v h- _$ k0 idiscrimination data to support early interceptor commit, in-flight target updates,: x' E) r2 h5 d& r+ z# I% r) U and target object maps for a National Missile Defense architecture. The SBIRS 1 o1 @" K# |' u: K* {; QLow component will also support the other mission areas of the SBIR system.$ w: S$ G% u+ C1 w+ K& f( R+ E+ I (Evolution of the Space and Missile Tracking System)./ z5 R, Q! I1 V; J2 m SBIS (1) Space-Based Imaging Satellite. (2) Space-Based Interceptor System. ( u3 U8 p- w& t, u- i/ p8 `SBKEW Space-Based Kinetic Energy Weapon.! l. M. J; b8 { SBKKV OBSOLETE. Space-Based Kinetic Kill Vehicle.3 E( T& F- C7 G: M: Y SBKV Space-Based Kill Vehicle.2 T- O: ^) g! } ~3 q3 J SBL Space-Based Laser. + ?6 a3 R* _4 V0 [" ~SBLRD Space-Based Laser Readiness Demonstrator. 4 ?- T1 Q) C% Z6 y( g3 yMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S ) T, Y5 f' a" t& x* S* ]257 ) J6 Y0 ^2 ~1 Y8 P* t4 TSBM (1) Space-Based Battle Manager. (2) Strategic Ballistic Missile. 9 y& d x- z& f, v) l, eSBNPB Space-Based Neutral Particle Beam. 2 [+ _+ E6 `3 w; @; j' g: N: `SBNPBW Space-Based Neutral Particle Beam Weapon.7 G; A1 o/ s5 w/ Y& T) U2 L9 W SBPB Space-Based Particle Beam.( Q& `: _7 f. ` SBR Space-Based Radar.4 Z2 d/ S2 \5 L& |2 F E SBRF Space-Based Radio Frequency.

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

Archiver|航空论坛 ( 渝ICP备10008336号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-29 06:42 , Processed in 0.042002 second(s), 9 queries .