找回密码
 注册
搜索
楼主: 帅哥
打印 上一主题 下一主题

航空缩略语词典 [复制链接]

31#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:02:37 |只看该作者
COMSAT Communications Satellite Corporation ! X7 t( H! I ZCOMSEC Communications Security. . E, w) ]' O* P" S1 J( D; H! eConcept $ S3 H) j0 ~5 q4 S5 O7 F( H5 G" wExploration & * c9 g8 n* P; H) }8 q/ FDefinition ' Y4 h# Q& u, ?' t) a5 ^! o, h" M! V7 A; DThe initial phase (Phase 0) of the system acquisition process, beginning at% ]( I6 u0 J$ R3 H/ O V* R' } Mission Need Determination. During this phase, the acquisition strategy is2 B" m0 l. T: P( @8 }$ d developed, system alternatives are proposed and examined, and the system % d7 U0 j e J' b: Zprogram requirements document is expanded to support subsequent phases. + r3 g8 J4 }7 L# I; p# I* z( iConcept of* V) T3 j0 h _1 [. ] Operations5 b( E6 z# y+ d: ], e4 P/ R: y0 k (CONOPS)$ K) d" B" T$ t. G (1) A statement, in broad outline, of a commander’s outline or intent in regard to/ m6 ]7 }& b2 W$ x- Y an operation or series of operations. The concept is designed to give an overall/ o1 n. T3 e9 v6 Z5 ~ B3 @& I picture of the operation. (MDA Lexicon) ' U& M& ^( _ E3 {$ O9 \/ ^(2) A verbal or graphic statement, in broad outline, of a commander’s . f1 B+ g) l. d0 M/ Bassumptions or intent in regard to an operation or series of operations. The% K9 V3 Z; g: N, ~ X& H concept of operations frequently is embodied in campaign plans and operation 9 c Y2 H v# Q2 N B/ |0 [" jplans; in the later case, particularly when the plans cover a series of connected ( ^- C2 \- ]* j7 q4 noperations to be carried out simultaneously or in succession. The concept is ' Z- W5 J7 b0 v, \0 l0 P6 ]5 Edesigned to give an overall picture of the operation. It is included primarily for, c8 U" d2 |/ w1 \$ q; s additional clarity of purpose.6 [5 k, J% T2 g$ I# R. q Concept Plan An operation plan in concept format. Also called CONPLAN. 6 Y5 K) A0 J5 L' I. D6 \Concurrency Part of an acquisition strategy which combines or overlaps two or more phases of+ u8 q$ W( X$ `3 R- L8 b the acquisition process, or combines development T&E with operational T&E. ! L+ [8 ~) }5 o* LConcurrent * a4 R) m8 m* o# H( fEngineering 1 \4 S+ d- i' tA systematic approach to the integrated, simultaneous design of products and / j8 a K7 r6 a9 s# |3 H z1 vtheir related processes, including manufacture and support. This approach is! W* J" _4 X7 `( M% N intended to cause developers, from the beginning, to consider all elements of: K3 m. D3 M2 a3 B, Z5 G% z! O& V the system life cycle from requirements development through dispersal, including & |4 n& A3 {: U0 @4 o8 ^7 i0 Y9 ycost, schedule, and performance. 2 s5 M! l2 l+ Z Y+ vCONEX CONOPS Exerciser.: D$ |8 F3 c g Configuration A collection of an item’s descriptive and governing characteristics, which can be5 o( k3 M( x5 a5 A expressed in functional terms (i.e., what performance the item is expected to 2 k0 R0 _! S& _* Tachieve); and in physical terms (i.e., what the item should look like and consist of9 v$ O ?& P0 J" w when it is built).# i5 V9 F; |8 G: M2 | MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C 4 e1 a" @9 s6 S8 Q59 % w; t2 L" k8 \+ w3 o8 N7 |Configuration+ m3 l5 N' l0 Q9 N1 S9 b Audit 1 F) Z) o2 K% l# D+ SOne of the Configuration Management tasks which includes a functional , D' J( m4 I \* o- Bconfiguration audit (FCA) to validate that the development of a configuration item: U& b; x$ y2 X) [( m3 P0 X P has been completed satisfactorily and that the configuration item has achieved. n0 M( L- K% h. }1 v, O to specified performance and functional characteristics, and also includes a- h! i9 A4 \+ r- u& s9 n9 D% k/ c physical configuration audit (PCA) to verify that the configuration item “As Built”1 X# j3 i( L# \2 k) ^! V" L conforms to the technical documentation which defines the configuration item.% F) U& O3 a9 w Configuration ) H: Z6 x% |( ^/ R, Y5 S9 b" X" pBaseline) F7 U9 e: o( ^ The configuration documentation formally designated by the Government at a8 @( Z q* m/ K specific time during a system’s or configuration item’s life cycle. Configuration2 s0 s5 H- Q4 W$ r3 s' [7 }2 n& T baselines, plus approved changes from those baselines, constitute the current ' g- t# E9 b Cconfiguration baselines, namely the functional, allocated, and product baselines. + `0 \5 Q8 C+ z- e+ u' E* @Configuration 3 N4 J# } V, RControl " M8 d- J# B; N6 X O2 [) I/ l# tOne of the Configuration Management tasks that involves the systematic . f' B! ]$ T5 F- ?evaluation, coordination, approval, or disapproval of proposed changes to the9 w& s% `# w# |) F& c& g; \ design and construction of a configuration item whose configuration has been6 H( F& d( B; q3 U. @ formally approved.$ M% ?1 S3 T" |( N0 @ Configuration 7 @' P# ?+ V2 H2 YIdentification+ {$ m! M/ s* S. u8 S! s% ]7 @6 \# ? One of the Configuration Management tasks, which require that for every / B2 b4 j- v2 q7 Z5 K% K0 [& _change that is made to an Automated Data processing (ADP) system, the design * K+ q2 L5 @$ Z2 m0 Jand requirements of the changed version of the system should be identified.5 D5 f* R/ D: E Configuration9 k1 a9 `- P0 @! x# e" o& l Item (CI) ) {6 s: H9 j) n, i9 TAn aggregation of system elements that satisfies an end use function and is* M9 N! K) W* l% L, f; b: e) x designated by the Government for separate configuration management.0 [' L- \/ n9 |' u6 I4 ~/ s Configuration items vary widely in complexity, size, and type. Any item required3 r; L9 D8 t. m) ?8 ` for logistic support and designated for separate procurement is a configuration : y9 `, L* x" eitem. Configuration items are traceable to the work breakdown structure (WBS). % }7 N+ q% U) QConfiguration1 H9 s7 D+ n' w2 i F Management 4 v. ` c) C2 X. S S(CM) b/ b$ R9 P' v) E L/ a/ O M S: VIn computer modeling and simulation, a discipline applying technical and' M0 \$ k2 W" ] administrative oversight and control to identify and document the functional ' E* R; P! y; Y8 p9 o$ krequirements and capabilities of a model or simulation and its supporting+ M, M, `; q9 {' V) {' N7 u( c# q" G databases, control changes to those capabilities, and document and report the r- F5 Q h! t/ y! G changes. See also Accreditation.4 z3 e3 _6 d3 o9 ] CONOPS Concept of Operations. 4 ]- J) f" N$ Z9 bCONPLAN Concept Plan # L g; p" W' u; _; R8 F. mCONS Contracting Squadron.2 p; E7 f& c5 m6 ^( p+ P) W% P F Consolidated& \7 i9 W' b! X& t9 o5 e E2 g Command Center ) u _; }% J( Y! Y(CCC) * h0 m0 }- i t: x" B1 U, Q; e2 [A single command center from which USCINCSPACE/CINCNORAD can direct all4 Z# C2 _0 K U! i' U m9 r$ q his assigned missions, to include BMD. (USSPACECOM) Located in Colorado& L, t6 b: f8 x8 y" v( g( j/ \ Springs, CO. & g) g- {! B. n0 L* N% F8 iConsolidated 5 y: j3 o: R) C& QIntelligence - Q* u5 o2 l! W/ HWatch (CIW)! S6 ~3 b9 A, q4 M$ o; x6 K+ G- ` A consolidation of intelligence watch functions within the Intelligence Operations4 O0 u" H$ X6 h$ k* ^" ~% y8 e Center (IOC) consisting of the USSPACECOM ITW Center, the NORAD1 w$ J% a* h& f; o" E Aerospace Defense Intelligence Center (ADIC), and the Air Force Space % M; i, U, b: f7 E- wCommand Space Intelligence Element (SIE). 2 y! q7 `8 s& u, s- nConsolidated ' O& d9 v$ N, _8 \Space+ Q p: p1 K7 P# V Operations : f* M$ `$ P' ~8 O: U, @; fCenter (CSOC) : g/ U9 E3 U+ _" K. W- jSeries of centers at Falcon AFB, CO, which operationally control and maintain" w1 c! e9 N+ w3 l) q assigned DoD satellites.0 i! G7 [, }& f' Q9 \+ m9 q5 C3 N, | Consolidated) Q. i% R2 w6 M6 \ Space Test, Y8 E/ r9 K, N6 C B4 e& r1 r Center (CSTC)7 u# P8 j0 j2 Q, D* j' e# I: } Series of centers at Onizuka AFB, CA (Sunnyvale), which support launch and 6 N ~- w+ M0 \5 x4 \initial on-orbit checkout of operational satellites, operate R&D satellites, and ! x7 q; |/ V+ J Q5 q4 vserves as a backup to CSOC for operational DoD satellites. 1 r: @5 |* G5 @3 Z, j/ x4 w4 RMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C' x; a$ ^3 i1 s 60- X0 N4 k4 ?. m- l6 a% k Constellation 4 T. p w& d. g( `Size (CSIZE)6 S& c7 }5 D* B9 J4 ]4 ~$ ` The number of satellites of a particular system placed in orbit about the earth. ' }2 S* s5 N* `& d! PContact Fuse Device used to detonate warhead on physical contact with another object. / Z# l$ k3 b% aContingency " W/ Q3 _( ]; D: mDeployment Plan V! @3 I; |9 h: e% ]: C(CDP): e7 v% E- X! o) m# d( ^ f# j' \ An executable plan designed to deploy an early missile defense capability and - S+ r A8 Z. W+ ~6 a9 j& mreduce deployment time. The plan provides specific executable deployment3 p% F. ?5 Q: E* _/ s* i options and describes activities required before and after a deployment decision.) D) W! m: I8 g. d3 Y. ` The plan also allows decision makers to have oversight on technical progress,0 F* `7 U- D S: O7 P6 w cost, schedule, and risks associated with a deployment system. ! o& ?2 e9 Q% `- K0 L& a9 K( vContinuity of2 G% |) W6 l. R Command ! M! j6 N- B" y. mThe degree or state of being continuous in the exercise of the authority vested 4 a& O: F% m4 I; ~0 ?5 I! ~' K9 ain an individual of the armed forces for the direction, coordination, and control of 8 G$ P( X4 N( i. i. Wmilitary forces. $ w7 g# W9 k: P/ x. HContinuity of 3 F3 v0 p! I4 O: A5 nOperations. u* m* a9 h* J5 Z The degree or state of being continuous in the conduct of functions, tasks, or7 A8 T# T& J- U/ a/ S" ~/ k6 } B- h8 N duties necessary to accomplish a military action or mission in carrying out the0 l7 [7 X( P" P* c4 H' i national military strategy. It includes the functions and duties of the commander, 2 c7 ^7 m2 {: T* }1 Mas well as the supporting functions and duties performed by the staff and others . f& i$ Y7 H, `acting under the authority and direction of the commander.' d2 W7 v4 L9 T9 T' H Contract # n. _( A8 k; v6 VAdministration( ]% F, b' p/ _- W- S0 ?. u Office (CAO) 6 ]% C- S7 Y/ n, Q6 L/ ^The activity identified in the DoD Directory of Contract Administration Services8 F4 O. k8 T: v* g; n/ p Components assigned to perform contract administration responsibilities. It is a 3 g! ?5 c9 J3 d; E O, D* }general term and includes Defense Contract Management Regions (DCMRs),: g ^, ~1 ~/ p) R, C# O2 W Defense Contract Management Area Operations (DCMAOs), and Defense Plant 5 l% r: g A( Z6 ^Representative Offices (DPROs). (Defense Systems Management College " t& ?1 q# G& [Glossary)8 X1 N' k; N* l2 P( w/ c Contract Data 2 u4 \: l! W* u0 DRequirements* Z {( c1 ~4 g. R) a List (CDRL)( s3 u. Z, @2 P' S! | Document used to order (“buy”) and require delivery of data. Tells contractor* P) z) t. {6 A1 K, W' p. @4 Y what data to deliver, when and how it will be accepted, where to look for + l4 x+ G' g8 Minstructions, etc.$ m( T4 k8 \7 ~* ~3 \1 I Contract* ~9 w! v4 @: E: N: _ ` Definition . G1 L L' s) u, r* X J& ^A funded effort, normally by two or more competing contractors, to establish/ E) B9 m. V4 Y. z1 N specifications, to select technical approaches, to identify high-risk areas, and to ^5 F; ~( e" q: e make cost and production time estimates for developing large weapons systems. ( g8 Q# w8 r) a* DContract Work . h2 w4 U- l1 W/ XBreakdown3 J0 {7 P( |% Z; Z3 g% ~ Structure 3 j: L b9 y; [, s( c9 M+ PThe complete WBS for a contract developed and used by a contractor within the! M4 r5 r8 b) f( {7 L3 v# X4 u) m- c guidelines of MIL-STD 881A, and in accordance with the contract statement of 6 q4 N8 z8 w+ `1 f- S; fwork. ?+ c; u/ Y0 L5 p3 T( O' V. l, kContracting) v4 }; X" F: m- d8 J: P Officer (CO) % G* x2 ^% x3 h8 dA person with the authority to enter into, administer, or terminate contracts and ) B) v5 u1 U5 q/ X) zmake related determinations and findings. The term includes any authorized 2 ?' \4 [2 Q% |7 w7 }* d' o2 c) nrepresentatives of the CO acting within the limits of their authority. A CO whose ' s3 o( {0 d) Tprimary responsibility is to administer contracts is an Administrative Contracting ( u2 e& X0 `& yOfficer. One whose primary responsibility is to terminate contracts and/or settle7 T6 [. p' W! r, m terminated contracts is a Termination Contracting Officer. A single contracting % e2 T( J2 D- R0 y2 o/ \) Xofficer may be responsible for duties in any or all of these areas. ; o5 _" C/ _) U. d$ D. e# c4 D9 CControl Authority that may be less than full command exercised by a commander over ) O& G, l& w" `- B% ~6 F0 ]: K$ }part of the activities of subordinate or other organizations.! C* F6 S" Z$ B" @; l/ z Control : B0 B3 o3 m, V8 F% R+ ]; b$ D/ u4 V! xAbstraction L6 G3 r. {2 t% g/ p9 { (Software) The process of extracting the essential characteristics of control by( d! t# W) J' d3 m6 ]' U; k# {4 m defining abstract mechanisms and their associated characteristics while8 U5 H6 F% w; e% n disregarding low-level details and the entities to be controlled.

使用道具 举报

32#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:02:52 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C $ ?; I7 X: M, D: u61 8 q0 ?! P2 H5 i, UControl and/ b- ]. v9 W- Z. H& R6 L Reporting Center + M! p0 @" [5 q- F/ X4 q# {An element of the US Air Force tactical air control system, subordinate to the 7 u# [4 Z5 l+ Z6 x, H7 ?tactical air control center, from which radar control and warning operations are4 j9 |1 _ h. j% h. k conducted within its area of responsibility. : y' j6 l6 J3 ]5 N. JControl and% L" }; W7 f8 e5 K u Reporting Post# R1 a$ t E+ S- v An element of the US Air Force tactical air control system, subordinate to the , p1 Y8 `9 M8 i' X6 F# b* t. d/ Acontrol and reporting center, that provides radar control and surveillance within , k* v6 a9 L& ?$ j1 }its area of responsibility. , n8 \9 f8 i1 D$ I( e0 f) ~Control Area A controlled airspace extending upwards from a specified limit above the Earth. / ~$ q8 l1 `, F) J) [2 rControlled $ Z5 h) |, f8 ] D9 LEnvironment' y5 F1 M7 e% P' m2 r Area where entry into the radiation hazard area is controlled. 5 ^( n& A' g- G3 c- e4 QControl " i/ m6 } Q5 B) T0 Z" W- b$ J' qProcedure W8 J+ N) C* I/ `7 M0 h The means used to control the orderly communication of information between ; U/ J! T3 [9 H1 u. s3 [+ t8 dstations on a data link. Also called line discipline.1 Y& r1 c; S& O4 I9 f Control Station The station on a network, which supervises the network control procedures such7 s$ N7 j$ v) c7 `% ] as polling, selecting, and recovery. It also is responsible for establishing order7 l) c6 o0 b- i& r5 K, e* V on the line in the event of contention, or any other abnormal situation, arising % H3 u( \: Y, [+ c( x& H: s- p6 ]between any stations on the network.3 X" ^& F2 H1 ?5 f C4 l( w. P+ L9 t Control Zone The space, expressed in feet or radius, that surrounds equipment that is used to + N- l$ w8 n2 \* K; V+ Rprocess sensitive defense information and that is under sufficient physical and Z0 }: H$ t1 I) E- z technical control to preclude an unauthorized entry or compromise. 3 `# }" }9 \0 jCONUS Continental United States. + a/ `7 V0 r+ G* p) J. ^Conventional Co- 0 r4 |2 T, {5 O, E2 X# Y3 E6 bProduction# G0 q0 Q$ E; l' l+ z' L/ y y An effort between governments to produce the same end item, or components & b: r; R! G" K5 g4 S* Uof the same end item, in concert.3 d+ L. j. ?6 u' D, _- l, S Conventional + U c' N* f, A2 j; U; kWeapon 4 N1 v5 A3 l( D$ _5 P; Y x5 hA weapon that is neither nuclear, biological, nor chemical. & l! L6 i/ e; t1 F2 P/ P/ j( c9 q0 }Coop Cooperative4 u' t0 Q6 x5 Y5 W t9 w( [ Coordinated ! s+ M7 V3 M" c* \5 aEngagement ! u) t" T9 V2 s' Z N2 V' _Planning/Actions" `/ c2 k' B9 B Necessary coordination among engagement components to ensure maximum ; X. k+ Q/ _* P! A; o4 ceffectiveness of the SDS and resources are not wasted on targets already + Y1 n$ X+ l- U' dtargeted. 0 G. |' X! C1 e7 C( d( t$ HCoordinating% u# J8 X! n8 \6 e8 \; E Authority 8 [ T* Q7 P8 W2 C% ]A commander or individual assigned responsibility for coordinating specific! t- {$ @" @) c5 V" [3 |; j functions of activities involving forces of two or more Services or two or more ' y3 v# a8 c. h% o Lforces of the same Service. The commander or individual has the authority to $ W" M J" @ ]( n% L+ R4 vrequire consultation between the agencies involved, but does not have the ( \% i a G$ R% N) B4 _6 gauthority to compel agreement. In the event that essential agreement cannot be $ K0 U* N4 j. B6 s8 J9 Ereached, the matter shall be referred to the appointing authority. 3 d' I0 l z' H4 y8 \0 UCOP Committee of Principals/ f4 B2 b( `* t/ `4 b COR Contracting Officer’s Representative. Contracting Officer.8 s$ _( Z! T% {: l5 O CORBA Common Object Request Broker Architecture. [4 x6 P3 ^. ACORM Commission on Roles and Missions. + U0 \4 k& }8 Y2 R5 N. N3 K+ L% uMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C" M6 z3 {0 B: v/ y' W6 E 621 g1 Q3 C J% F Corner Reflector (1) A device, normally consisting of three metallic surfaces or screens ! n1 t, I3 }3 p y) @perpendicular to one another, designed to act as a radar target or & K" Z" w8 L e, r" m6 u% L# R; amarker.7 b1 F. r N2 s& w7 o1 D4 } (2) In radar interpretation, an object that, by means of multiple reflections B n, Y% a# s. Q7 N0 r. Hfrom smooth surfaces, produces a radar return of greater magnitude than ) {2 v9 N( }' F0 Y k: Umight be expected from the physical size of the object. J4 n H5 R8 r9 W, C/ Z/ r M Corps SAM OBSOLETE. See Medium Extended Air Defense System.+ Y; T, D7 ~, L Correlation (1) The process of relating observations or tracks from one set of data to 9 f# o% p( A4 G( robservations or tracks from another set of data, i.e., collecting data from$ `7 I; L1 K) h$ P m! }# X; x different frames or sensors that presumably relate to the same target. (2) ' T: C- ?% M3 }$ W/ l- o% J/ ?8 DIn air defense, the determination that an aircraft appearing on a1 D$ j6 f+ @4 Y# Q* K- ~ radarscope, on a plotting board, or visual is the same as that on which! x7 K3 g9 Y3 F* ?9 O information is being received form another source. (3) In intelligence 9 b7 ] }5 t+ G- E- J6 [usage, the process which associates and combines data on a single - L, |' B7 n# Q8 C, N1 x( z1 Fentity or subject from independent observations, in order to improve the o" `4 Q/ J) v* L3 Ereliability or credibility or the information. $ z7 K% b; c# x# G2 I( }COSEMS Evolving architecture operations support tool. 1 a: S& \& |1 w3 ]COSM Computer System Operator’s Manual' }+ z* M2 @# T( ?, j1 ]- k COSMIC NATO security category. / w# ? ?6 O7 ^$ |5 f2 GCost Analysis ' |+ e, f4 G- Y/ {6 dImprovement % e" a$ J! I6 `% W0 M" X U% N IGroup (CAIG) % [* P6 T+ l. O9 B- BAn organization within the office of OSD Director, PA&E which advises the DAB ; O/ ^/ @7 ~3 G$ L$ m- n; U( ]on all matters concerning the estimation, review, and presentation of cost' ~! C# V, I& M# R! R, i5 m" S analysis of future weapon systems. The CAIG also develops common cost 4 [, B0 ^& M+ G! Vestimating procedures for DoD.; @) J( b& [: J) I7 c; l; l2 q Cost Analysis$ w: a, J/ F# K. q S Requirements+ w3 k2 K; g; t, Y Y. s7 O Document9 I. B9 F% Z: T3 I$ C4 w4 s/ ^ (CARD)$ z! ^4 L5 Y/ |2 O+ o, b, B# A4 a- { The document describing the technical baseline, which is a subset of current* r' K2 o: [; x, s& L system technical data and is used to generate the baseline cost estimate for an ! l' J) z; r3 O |( E* r. ^& dSDS element. It includes, but is not limited to, the element description, % x' M) {) K2 p* k5 ginterfaces, operational concept quantity requirements, manpower requirements,5 T5 o# Y! ~3 {. U; F' {: x activity rates, schedules, research and development-phasing plan, and facilities / J/ B: |4 ?$ Y) ]* ~requirements. * p# n1 J- y/ C: }+ a2 y& F2 `: d1 yCost and f" S5 \5 b' _4 ^6 G& L. LOperational& u1 A+ w2 o, |3 N Effectiveness6 \' M4 d* r% _, k4 H: G Analysis (COEA)* Z. B& D+ Q6 O- X0 u An analysis of the estimated costs and operational effectiveness of alternative 4 R8 w2 ^7 O* p: Q( }materiel systems to meet a mission need, and the associated program for* s+ D# N" s, K+ Y acquiring each alternative.( Y& q: v8 h, _" y8 J4 {7 ^ Cost Risk Cost estimating risk and schedule/technical risk. Cost estimating risk is the risk, E! W/ Y& f# e7 M4 Z# a* E+ p7 k& z due to cost estimating errors and the statistical uncertainty in the estimate.. `; c3 z, O: ?* h" ] Schedule/technical risk is risk due to inability to conquer the problems posed by" a; o6 A9 r, Q+ _! n the intended design 2 B# a9 @. U- [' mCOTR Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative. See Contracting Officer.5 x5 r0 B$ @2 q6 M: L" r COTS Commercial Off-The-Shelf." l/ V+ n, M6 P8 K Counterair A US Air Force term for air operations conducted to attain and maintain a desired1 w; t7 m& p: b7 B! k U# ^2 O: w degree of air superiority by the destruction or neutralization or enemy forces.; d- z0 U( ]' `7 s+ e& x7 G, l Both air offensive and air defensive actions are involved. The former range - K" D2 Z- |1 a2 M9 @& Lthroughout enemy territory and are generally conducted at the initiative of & H% b% f5 z g. e5 e+ rfriendly forces. The latter are conducted near or over friendly territory and are# f, \9 X' x. o/ Y: F4 P% }3 d generally reactive to the initiative of the enemy air forces. 3 Z0 d; z* t7 h( w9 \0 FMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C 2 f; |: r9 c1 r) ~3 Q2 e63( u6 s. ~. u, P' Z% B8 C+ q/ u( T Countercountermeasures C5 l* Z+ t# K (CCM)7 R+ q, } Q& J0 } Measures taken by the defense to defeat offensive countermeasures. . e/ \1 Y' [2 @$ t+ R- SCounterforce The employment of strategic air and missile forces in an effort to destroy, or . @+ U/ f0 w9 I% @% Mrender impotent, selected military capabilities of an enemy force under any of the& Z- I# G7 _1 t2 R" ]- G circumstances by which hostilities may be initiated. 6 j0 N/ g2 O6 b& u# ECountermeasure A design or procedural measure taken against covert or overt attacks. . u0 E$ c! l, l ?% pCountermeasure 3 h: V. z7 S3 o5 a, rs (CM) o: c- p/ c4 t) I+ GThat form of military science that by the employment of devices and/or4 |7 Z; b* L9 ~! A; ]7 y techniques has as its objective the impairment of the operational effectiveness of4 ?+ J2 ]$ q5 ]* X* f6 b. ~/ K enemy activity.! ]; J0 w7 p2 e2 g9 A: @! s Z Countermeasure/ H5 Z/ C! P' x s Rejection9 ?8 M2 c# G/ D (Surveillance)1 l" @$ [, s5 N3 l2 [$ Z Improvement or rejection of an object signal in the presence of" a0 {) K! ^3 ? countermeasures., p) w' l0 |1 w. w; ]8 i ]; j Course of Action # d0 |2 u4 A, n9 ]8 ~5 R(COA) ; N% Y3 I& L- I# O(1) Any sequence of acts that an individual or unit may follow. (2) A possible. J. V3 \+ {6 d plan open to an individual or command that would accomplish or is : f9 L7 Z5 Y% ~/ {7 C( U8 u' B8 W) zrelated to the accomplishment of his mission. (3) The scheme adopted& N' Z* V8 |+ m2 o( p3 Z to accomplish a job or mission. (4) A line of conduct in an engagement. ' k6 H! g; M& t e(5) A plan to accomplish a mission. It describes the execution concept & ?, \( w) |; @+ {: Ffor BMD of North America. It will specify the engagement priorities,# p9 ~3 P E' `5 E# } `7 d resource allocation and desired results by Area of Operation (AO). 6 W- D) [9 L& G c(USSPACECOM) (6) The scheme adopted to accomplish a task or ' S9 }0 S! @1 X( @, x' Cmission. It is a product of the Joint Operation Planning and Execution ) S! @& d8 }! eSystem concept development phase. The supported commander will , |# p8 [; @" M9 z/ G, \' q8 Binclude a recommended course of action in the commander’s estimate." i7 ? ^# |5 G! @4 T- q* }' X1 @ The recommended course of action will include the concept of Q4 e; F% d9 K; X, ^) A% l4 u6 t0 J* h operations, evaluation of supportability estimates of supporting 0 X% {8 S+ Y' E+ ?, i5 ?, c/ \organizations, and an integrated time-phased data base of combat,0 H$ N" t! r* n0 B% Q0 u, \5 Q combat support, and combat service support forces and sustainment., T F1 `* R) v$ S. {7 O; I Refinement of this database will be contingent on the time available for8 ^1 _1 k# p+ ^4 ^* @. X course of action development. When approved, the course of action * K) V& G. U5 d+ R6 Abecomes the basis for the development of an operation plan or 1 \ [. r) p4 [operation order. 9 K, Z# A& G* yCoverage (1) The ground area represented on imagery, photomaps, mosaics, maps,, L0 M0 a" ]. o ~) Q# ^% @ u f and other geographical presentation systems. (2) Cover or protection, as ' `* `$ y' S: c) @2 ythe coverage of troops by supporting fire. (3) The extent to which - S2 w4 F3 C8 [intelligence information is available in respect to any specified area of) @. x+ e7 d `! v interest. (4) The summation of the geographical areas and volumes of $ F. y- f4 U5 @) Z' Yaerospace under surveillance. % E; m7 Y' {6 n, O4 kCovert Timing+ |" |" Y6 ^- V" C6 `$ Y* N, r! ?9 s Channel3 j% }* ]8 B! W) S' W3 b# f A covert channel in which one process signals information to another by* l0 t/ D: y5 s6 y Z modulating its own use of system resources in such a way that this manipulation" M2 D& R I) [9 l, `+ X' r1 M affects the real response time observed by the second process.- F+ f& W% U/ A7 f( m CP Command Post. ! B1 F/ p2 B) oCPA (1) Chairman’s Program Assessment. (2) Closest Point of Approach. ) r( i- j, I( g2 W9 _0 d. `& a1 ?CPAF Cost Plus Award Fee.2 a# A `( H: s/ M CPAM Chief of Naval Operations Program Assessment Memorandum (Navy)* e- s9 _9 y, S2 c! D( u+ O4 b' z MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C E7 h+ ]$ u |+ R! c; T 64 ) ?8 R" i6 y7 M xCPAR Cost Performance Assessment Report.* l3 B: a) }: L$ w9 {8 M, |) k) M CPAT Critical Process Assessment Tool# l* N1 w1 V8 Z CPB Charged Particle Beam. V8 i U1 l8 r3 I" Q& A CPEV Communications/Processor [Network] Experimental Version.: k5 f5 a" V: L0 E3 }2 r2 N CPFF Cost Plus Fixed Fee. : D9 D t+ H" ` b7 W; BCPIF Cost Plus Incentive Fee. 5 L c8 b: e" f4 {& @3 KCPIPT Cost-Performance Integrated Product (Process) Team. : C W2 Z/ Y; r ?CPM (1) Critical Path Method. (2) Contractor Performance Measurement. " a4 D" p6 b. t: v- n- gCPP Critical Performance Parameter. 7 E0 S4 O9 F! c* U4 XCPR Cost Performance Report. # a M0 ~. h+ O' fCPR/NC Cost Performance Report/No Criteria (Contract management term). $ {) C# `: j' c" ?. {" j+ ?$ _( zCPS (1) Consolidated Program Summary.9 {8 M+ e5 C% i (2) Competitive Prototyping Strategy.2 c/ S% f' S$ n/ a! p: e6 A (3) Current Program Status." f/ ]' {. Z3 f7 B2 _2 f- [# ]( V7 j CPU Central Processing Unit (TelComm/Computer term). , i. Z+ V8 f5 E3 HCPX See Command Post Exercise.; n: ?5 ?& i6 F CQAE Chief/Contract Quality Assurance Evaluator.3 d4 t$ U0 q, b CR (1) Computer Resources. (2) Continuing Resolution (US Congress term).! R' d7 E+ G* Z$ w CR-UAV Close Range Unmanned Aerial Vehicle.2 G5 m: f4 m& _7 J CRA (1) Coordinating Review Authority. (2) Command Relationships Agreement $ O+ V+ ^1 r0 @& \CRADA Cooperative Research and Development Agreement.( P6 M' F) [! ^, I CRAM (1) Control Random Access Memory. ) t" X- [4 K# c(2) Cross-tie Random Access Memory (Computer term).4 |. T4 \5 \# z# \, E+ l* {8 E CRB Configuration Review Board. / r# Y& @2 l" x- q) w) dCRC Control and Reporting Center. + Q9 @/ g8 q3 oCRD (1) Capstone Requirements Document. p/ m: l4 J5 z. K4 @ (2) Component Requirements Document.2 V' L( ]. C7 N I0 n CRDA Cooperative Research and Development Agreement. J" J- i8 Z9 u9 M CRG Communications Relay Groups (PATRIOT).' W. L, ^ D% p! g% ]; \ CRI Classification, Recognition and Identification.$ T- q3 Q/ A) o6 l4 F/ L CRISD Computer Resources Integrated Support Document

使用道具 举报

33#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:03:12 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C * I- I% a3 X: r# c65 " y0 X3 [# A" t( wCritical Design ) z* l! M: p9 i4 AReview (CDR) Z/ t4 B. `: `" [$ V9 T8 v, [4 b A review conducted to determine that the detailed design satisfies the * \$ R }* y+ } [* D: Dperformance and engineering requirements of the development specification; to - T4 R, Z, g! F* Aestablish the detailed design compatibility between the item and other items of : m a1 }( X% o: T- wequipment, facilities, computer programs, and personnel; to assess producibility ! [# L4 i5 m2 K @9 U) N3 P# {and risk areas; and to review the preliminary product specifications. Conducted6 `4 K1 \2 {- d3 L during Phase I, Demonstration and Validation (for prototypes) and Phase II, 8 G- }+ P$ T+ y9 T; z3 j/ MEngineering and Manufacturing Development. : x1 T- s. z7 ^1 f- b: L' FCritical 0 X, W. u. i0 EInformation ! C7 o7 Q% \2 V9 g! C; q, L2 ISpecific facts about friendly intentions, capabilities, and activities vitally needed4 F) V9 U/ ]% s7 v+ q by adversaries for them to plan and act effectively so as to guarantee failure or( m# E4 [: w, e1 a unacceptable consequences for friendly mission accomplishment.4 F( O9 q4 _( s5 F, A; b Critical1 N! w1 ]7 R/ B! |+ k9 J Intelligence 2 _( y, b% j& O# B; SParameter 0 ^' ]' d! U e4 N5 bA threat capability or threshold established by the program, changes to which ) H9 G' ?, @9 l* q7 P" \/ E7 \could critically impact on the effectiveness and survivability of the proposed " V U* E- H: a; |0 }, S8 \4 W: Csystem. ) J. e; T, c, s$ ?+ O+ Y* ?, cCritical Issues Those aspects of a system’s capability, either operational, technical, or other, 8 B# s; W/ K; _$ ^that must be questioned before a system’s overall suitability can be known, and3 W: ]: C2 Y/ `: z4 z; p6 t which are of primary importance to the decision authority in reaching a decision& S, i( `% C; N! | M2 g to allow the system to advance into the next phase of design, development,4 l$ u' z" o$ x! h4 z7 X production, or post-production." O h* o/ m; ^, z/ Z Critical 5 R1 }, ]& y7 ^5 FOperational" S: G* f* s5 ^* _ j0 b; U Issue ( f; j+ H; l1 w; c5 V5 SA key operational effectiveness or operational suitability issue that must be - S9 E+ i7 J7 k8 r5 C$ iexamined in operational test and evaluation to determine the system’s capability# n7 O- O; B `, Z \ to perform its mission. A critical operational issue is normally phrased as a 5 ~' I2 B3 H L3 I$ b8 ]question to be answered in evaluating a system’s operational effectiveness2 U! c. ?! T. y' _, i( _ and/or operational suitability.- n7 [1 h4 o# U3 W8 V+ x) m Critical Path 4 a! h1 K' a" M1 R- k$ xMethod$ e$ w- O( L* e, y5 ?5 a A technique that aids dependency of other activities and the time required to : i3 m, g) H- C- {0 g+ Fcomplete. Activities, which when delayed have an impact on the total project 5 m; H' y( {% d7 H' ~1 n6 Cschedule, are critical and are said to be on the critical path.! k, q3 ]& R' D Critical Risk The existence of a vulnerability that could cause exceptionally grave damage to: M8 f( b1 u; W3 z. W the viability or the operational effectiveness of the SDS. % F: H. ?* g1 r9 l4 Y* t! |Critical Security/ V! B" c. s9 F. L J: G Risk: g5 e# p9 D. K* L; z1 E The existence of a security vulnerability that, if exploited by an adversary, could 1 q8 I* q& x: pcause exceptionally grave damage to the viability of the BMD or the operational # t* |0 V7 o" E8 ]+ T- f) g$ keffectiveness of the SDS. Critical risks assume an adversary’s capability to 4 u& v# T! Y8 _' d+ Ncause major system disruption or degradation (e.g., single point failure),$ @* i8 o8 Q% H destruction of mission-critical components, or usurpation of system functions.5 X" c: H% a3 s' U. F7 Z; r1 g Critical( ]7 J, ?& O, w* y3 ]0 L Supporting : x% T- ^5 L/ w4 @, _7 qTechnology8 W9 d7 k$ `( @- c5 K. d A technology that program management personnel consider a critical part of the) T9 Z8 M4 m* S% G& Y) X5 D+ t program being described. " U% I. w8 V) [. e2 y% wCRLCMP Computer Resources Life-Cycle Management Plan. . b) c: {: q: a/ [' |CRM Computer Resources Management. ! }6 |: b' R- l+ L5 GCRMP Computer Resources Management Plan.: d. o% ~. [: K CRO Chemical Release Observation.8 \. B/ U. v; j( j) d CRP (1) Command and Reporting Post. (2) Control and Reporting Point (JFACC 9 ~' G4 y9 S+ K6 e: {" p) V0 ~term.)) L! i- L, ?" X- N ?% T" l MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C 0 `' E2 m4 J1 V4 G/ k. k0 i5 F665 K4 Z+ k% T! s* J CRS (1) Computer Resources Support. (2) Congressional Research Service. (3) $ v5 r( o* U q* G% w" x: g6 o$ KContractor Reporting System. / P4 S; j5 ]: O" RCRT Cathode Ray Tube.+ e _- U9 V, J/ \7 h- O/ } CRWG Computer Resource Working Group. $ J8 h6 W; K( C( D: L0 NCryocoolers Cryogenic Coolers. N) h) ]% S' R9 d( W8 } Cryogenic Of or related to cryogens (substances which are used to obtain low # S. w0 S# I, B" k3 ^temperatures).. m9 n7 u* i8 l! l' C Crypto A designation or marking which identifies classified operational keying material,) g; r3 P9 ?+ m0 b0 e. r4 Q# T and which indicates that this material requires special consideration with respect $ v5 W' e- Q% N1 C1 g; [to access, storage and handling.) d8 \; N8 e7 N4 t! r. z% w Q Cryptographic $ w$ S7 `$ W& L9 K0 ~5 R/ C/ mSystem8 j3 m' H- i( }! G+ q) Z The documents, devices, equipment, and associated techniques that are used; L: S5 t/ v2 _. N as a unit to provide a single means of encryption (enciphering or encoding).( Y+ W: R& n. N m$ D Cryptology The science that deals with hidden, disguised, or encrypted communications. It 1 v. Z/ l2 p$ o* {& i! cincludes communications security and communications intelligence. & f. g+ }3 l! r6 bCS (1) OBSOLETE. See Corps SAM. (2) Contracting Specialist. (3) Contract Start. : F% _& O( i! |- X4 d& DCS/CSS Combat Support and Combat Service Support (USAF budget term). 9 ` n, Y8 Z# ^# ?CSA Chief of Staff of the Army. 1 |. q2 Q+ i5 s. C3 e$ w; c' w9 n5 HCSAF Chief of Staff of the Air Force.* _, X' ^4 {3 Z CSC Computer Software Component. b- {3 f5 H3 G8 j CSCE OBSOLETE – Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe. (See OSCE)2 m) q$ y; f. r' W5 g CSCSC Cost/Schedule Control System Criteria. / _* X6 n- _5 hCSD (1) Constant Speed Drive. (2) Critical System Demonstration. - H9 z$ X" K$ j! M! a0 _3 NCSE Center for Security Evaluations (DCI). , G [1 \4 s. k9 O6 q( D' LCSEDS Combat System Engineering Development Site, supporting the AEGIS Weapon& {1 c, U n- Z! b' E System, located in Cherry Hill, NJ. # g9 |7 Z$ L: u4 hCSF Consolidated Support Facility, Arlington, VA., q b8 ?# {& a" u, L6 X) @' h" s CSI (1) Critical Safety Item. (2) Critical Sustainability Item.8 C { H% S, v) P- N5 X+ V9 J CSIP Current Systems Improvement Program. ; E X d# d$ z/ o- E) m" f, {6 B5 QCSIZE Constellation Size. + r4 y6 e) m- U' K4 bCSL Computer Systems Laboratory. . d1 s, i; V; R E" hCSM (1) Core Support Module (*C2E term). (2) Communications Support Model. # P* q4 E+ m8 J% pCSNI Communications Shared Network Interface (NATO term). 9 w! \( J& U1 P* s! sMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C! S T8 t' k8 c8 o _+ j 67 1 [5 g- C% i! b$ H' d' H5 vCSO Closely Spaced Objects. ' p- E+ I: N0 E! {/ y* E' G YCSOC See Consolidated Space Operations Center. 7 U5 k& U; E, V( g9 ^- xCSOM Computer System Operator’s Manual" e6 R( t# i4 R3 R% a' v# Q CSOSS Combat System Operational System Sequencing 4 O' U6 a. R) ]9 S' ^# G0 E& |CSP Communications Support Processor (numerous locations, including USAF Air: ~ [5 X5 G: E: C9 p* S Development Center, Rome, NY term).$ y9 n# B& K& W' t3 e" j CSRD Computer System Requirements Document. ; Q% T- a- A: w1 a8 T+ I7 }' kCSS (1) Cooperating Space System. (2) Communications System Segment. (3) 0 U) O _) J% v4 P! nContractor Support Services. (4) Common Sharing System. (5) Communications1 @7 f$ D" s5 A+ E' M9 P Support System (Navy term). (6) Common Support System. (7) Combat Service 4 ]& }4 o) I: p: h7 f# X7 ^ OSupport., A) n/ D1 H4 v( z CSSCS Combat Service Support Control System (USA term).: G2 V I4 _5 p5 K CSSPAB Computer System Security and Privacy Advisory Board. % g5 p- e1 g' A' u+ y6 A- iCSSO Computer Systems Security Officer. ! K& J- U( [6 d4 z) sCSSTSS Combat Service Support Training Simulation System (US Army term)., A, c' R- L+ j+ E( n3 v CSTC Consolidated Space Test Center. , d" w8 j6 U" v0 Z" _CSTI Civil Space Technology Initiative./ e) x* w k9 `% U: @- K! D# M CSU (1) Computer Software Unit. (2) Communications System Utilization.& d9 W6 K$ R. \) x" b! I( P- D CSUR Communications System Utilization Report.! _ a9 k# ^! I3 a( f CT (1) Counter-terrorism. (2) Communications Terminal. (3) Control Telemetry. ! U6 c) f2 X, j; `% D$ h, _2 [(4) Cryptologic Technician (Navy occupation specialty). # T4 w0 n. g' @2 Y* g2 ^6 n* _CTACS Contingency Theater Air Control System (JFACC term). / S- }$ f+ x0 _: ]CTAPS Contingency Theater Automated Planning System (USAF).( L2 |$ _; |+ V. ]: c8 w4 U CTB (1) Communications Test Bed. (2) Comprehensive Test Ban [Treaty term].# O+ e* q7 Y. c" ]# `( I CTBM Conventionally-0armed TBM. ' }% Y/ Q/ |, r0 j0 d3 [CTC Combat Training Center, Ft. Leavenworth, KS./ `2 A/ H4 Y+ O X; z1 v CTCC Critical Technology Coordinating Committee.# Z% N8 v0 Y* |( t6 V CTD Communications Test Driver. 3 j6 Z/ R2 x$ _/ J& w. xCTE (1) Center for Test and Evaluation (JIEO term) (2) Common Test Environment. ! q) g3 m q3 Q0 i3 q% O) TCTEIP Central Test and Evaluation Investment Program. A DoD program for centrally - l4 m4 ^) @- @. b/ V. Ifunding selected test investments proposed by the Services and Defense ' ?9 m# C: y2 o( DAgencies (including MDA).

使用道具 举报

34#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:03:26 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C5 N6 |* q# I* c: i3 ~ 68/ V5 e' L6 q0 G& d7 f2 Y: b5 n( P CTF Controlled Test Flights. * }( p. w& p5 UCTI Concept Technology Insertion. + e( e; p _2 R; k; uCTN CALS Test Network. 1 }/ d4 D# e0 [/ Z5 tCTOC Corps Tactical Operations Center. 6 D% H: B, T) C+ h; C' VCTOL Conventional Takeoff/Landing aircraft. , E1 V9 \8 n* B( G/ z, M) }" {CTP (1) Critical Technical Parameters. ) Z- C$ p, ^/ {6 Y$ j! p: u1 K& a2 l(2) Communication Tasking Plan. % R u* n- o1 q! R9 t% Z" c' u(3) Consolidated Targets Program. & |! h2 k4 z& ZCTPE Central Tactical Processing Element.; V. A( [$ M$ l7 E" g9 f CTPP Consolidated Targets Program Plan.+ n/ ^- l. l9 n CTR Cooperative Threat Reduction (Treaty negotiation term). - d4 i$ r- Q" W$ `2 B( CCTRS Centers ( N% J5 J8 @3 y- R2 I7 A9 mCTS (1) Clear To Send (TelComm/Computer term).9 D" o* P8 Z$ d4 g6 r (2) Contact Test Set (USA IFTE term). 8 F3 P. V' b2 V4 X# y d" u: cCTSS Computer and Telecommunications Staff.$ Z n1 X/ y5 z% Z3 `- X) ] CTT Commander’s Tactical Terminal (US Army). P# \1 R0 Z& W4 O z& tCTT-H/R Commander’s Tactical Terminal –Hybrid Receiver (USA term).) Y/ M; I6 M: A6 } CTV Control Test Vehicle(s). 3 N( ^1 t* o! L/ U+ @* KCUDIXS Common User Digital Information Exchange System. ; r0 m/ Z: r% T" ?Cued Operation The directing of one sensor based upon the data received from another sensor. 2 U* K$ ]/ K1 x( e8 c, |& wCueing Command The command within a tactic, which specifies the sensor element’s coverage " g/ l ~5 ^1 |volume.) _0 ~. }' ?3 D; ~# z. ^4 B: ? Cueing Data Cueing data is a subset of object tracks within a sensor element’s coverage + ?. f$ Q& c3 P. C' ^$ T( kvolume.8 P2 M$ O5 R# }0 e: L CV (1) Carrier Vehicle. (2) USN Aircraft Carrier. (3) Curriculum Vitae. % g, E. S. l6 u+ `; `2 ]CV/BM Carrier Vehicle/Battle Management. . v# e% N; t8 n$ r+ GCVBG USN aircraft carrier battle group.# v! ~+ i: C/ E+ q CVHG Carrier, Aircraft (V/STOL), Guided missile. * @; ]' j# d4 k, u: m5 cCVISC Combat Visual Information Support Center.8 ?7 i3 y1 t _7 b4 o" r0 ? CVL Copper Vapor Lasers. 5 f0 z: J5 Z4 K' O1 zCVN USN nuclear powered aircraft carrier. ; [8 w4 d N* K% V! z; p% Q( JMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C " y* p! J% H! M: _) ]& M, Q69' Y; y: A8 P. C; I+ y8 ?4 E! w5 g* a CW (1) Continuous Wave. (2) Chemical Weapon/Warfare. (3) Carrier Wave.: R" M! Y: Y4 w4 z0 }! H CWAR Continuous Wave Acquisition Cycle (Hawk).6 s0 X1 u+ A8 E8 j, Z CWBS Contract Work Breakdown Structure.- M$ t& w& s1 ^! B" V CWDD Continuous Wave Deuterium Demonstrator. $ {9 G# m7 x4 H5 |/ eCWIPT Cost Working group integrated Product Team. 3 J0 s( } j/ R4 O. j. gCY Calendar Year.5 m+ A$ b1 o6 L MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D1 Z+ ?- z6 c* \: d' R* i1 M 71; Z2 S6 ]* r, p) P/ [3 m D Deuterium- M3 F' u" i2 U2 U4 G+ i6 u D Spec Process specification. 6 a- i% H% N" ~. u; ~. XD Star Measure of infrared sensor sensitivity.! w! y7 J+ r* J; ]3 z4 X, e* ] D&D Design and Development . T/ V2 U: C, v$ e9 @' dD&T Detection and Tracking. : _, H( W2 m' P7 D6 y6 u) d2 m, I, GD-IFOG Depolarized-Interferometric Fiber Optic Gyro." @- I5 ^ l- H$ F D-Level Depot Level (ILS term).3 C6 R8 u& z- W' Y6 C: } D/A Digital-to-Analog % B% r: }# x9 T0 f/ C' x6 C7 A% C, vD/V Demonstration and Validation. ) r- j/ c, {; r; p) g; O8 PD2 Projective (interceptor) in the Hyper-Velocity Gun program.4 H, _4 U( S6 k* [4 m" I% W DA (1) Department of the Army. o! |; g- Z: L7 o ` (2) Department of Administration. ( l5 A4 f+ `/ K% K(3) Decision Analysis. 7 m" B5 h5 {" r' {8 G/ b(4) Developing Agency/Activity. , O# B9 l1 A& j, {(5) Data Administrator. / Q8 p& n# @2 k! R(6) Direct Action./ c- `- B: t+ S/ R7 i4 R (7) Data Adapter. / E( g! p2 }" H5 ~0 HDAA Designated Approval Authority (DD 5000 term).7 V% Q* \1 Q( |, o9 j. E' Q DAASAT Direct Ascent Anti-Satellite.1 l E* _' h+ h! _: ~ |; Q DAB See Defense Acquisition Board. 6 F6 ]' w1 S3 g) K; L9 ?8 ~DAC (1) Days After Contract [Award].$ E1 U) z, t, n" ^0 p) h+ ^ (2) Department of the Army Civilian. 4 k8 @$ @+ H0 D% a& Z(3) Directed Attack Characterization. 7 d |+ W6 P+ J4 W% F( X2 O(4) Deploy ACCS Component. . \9 ^! i& @. ?8 T(5) Digital-to-Analog Converter.4 \8 l, H. U; s; R, e3 Z+ N9 U DACS Divert and Attitude Control System.# s4 i: y! K) u4 h3 t DAD Defense Acquisition Deskbook.4 b# _- y o) v) p( D' V DADS Distributed Air Defense Study (1993)./ h3 |; d# m6 d DAE Defense Acquisition Executive. 9 [& w8 y3 g+ q9 Q( v" V8 EDAES Defense Acquisition Executive Summary. - z& Y5 i; f2 \" p d7 o4 hDAGGR Depressed Altitude Guided Gun Round. + e/ V# i+ U9 f) IDAHQ Department of the Army Headquarters.8 ]8 k* `" H4 |: _ DAI Damage Assessment Indicator (targets). # H$ c* o$ i/ n8 G9 O# C0 tDAL Defended Asset List. 4 p5 F$ D( d% ?' z }: PMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D( o$ q3 ]! D" ?4 d 72) H: t8 a" }0 J3 B5 u DAMA Demand Assigned Multiple Access. . @* J) q" e0 U9 s b. z5 n$ N+ KDANASAT Direct Ascent Nuclear Anti-Satellite." B: ?$ {: `/ ~+ b6 N& ^( Q DAPR Director’s Annual Program Review (SDIO term)' P7 I) _3 _8 A! N* o0 S5 I! [ DARO Defense Aeronautical Reconnaissance Office (OSD).) q1 c* N# I& B( k DARP Defense Aeronautical Reconnaissance Program. % I1 l$ T6 R4 v, c( d* fDARPA Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. See ARPA." P }6 F; a* G5 Q) Y: b- C3 j6 i DART OBSOLETE. Defense Acquisition Review Team. 2 G+ X9 N( i0 D+ ]' W4 wDASA German Aerospace. Member of the MEADS Program Team. . k/ @; P# x# u9 sDASC Deep Air Support Center (JFACC term). / h. Q. A9 S& _$ W% K* S8 f" ~: g; gDASD OBSOLETE. Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense. ) y' p# @+ K4 f% g5 C8 vDASD (C3) Deputy/Assistant Secretary of Defense (C3) 9 K$ y% p9 N) `DASO Demonstration and Shakedown Operation./ l5 ^& w1 k- R Data Integrity The state that exists when computerized data is the same as that in the source 7 v$ K# `9 y. L5 |$ ?! jdocuments and has not been exposed to accidental or malicious alteration or / P% G6 F- F S( V2 wdestruction. 3 x! l! b! b4 B, i- Q J; RDatalink (1) The means of connecting one location to another for the purpose of) f. P/ c" d. C$ x) M4 H; W) K$ m3 ] transmitting and receiving data.9 l# u" s1 L: V8 |* F- [1 E) M0 P/ | (2) A particular path between two nodes over which data is transmitted. It/ ~! w# Q7 d7 t" P' r4 u includes not only the transmission medium, but also digital to analog3 N; p# o2 N! V% U converters, modems, transmission equipment, antennas, etc., associated$ M& C) L+ f; E* ~; j with this path. In the SDS backbone network, it was a path between two4 R3 I7 F2 q! h' e& \ SDS elements. In space these datalinks were microwave or laser. On' m( v' p2 j( [9 M the ground, they could have been wire line, microwave, or optical fiber.# u( K( B6 ?; \ DAU Defense Acquisition University, Ft. Belvoir, VA.' z1 M) a1 U& K0 ]+ V1 K0 w2 K DAVID Development of Advanced Very long wavelength Infrared Detector (USAF/ F: | T2 \7 b7 Y# t+ d Phillips Lab term). ; n4 _+ R- k$ c KDAWS Defense Automated Warning System.8 j3 v2 K7 Z- k/ Q \; b Dazzling The temporary blinding of a sensor by overloading it with an intense signal of . h* I# W6 ^5 ?: z) j. }electromagnetic radiation (e.g., from a laser or a nuclear explosion).. L: Y3 H& ~$ Z0 U0 [+ U9 E8 V5 ^/ Y9 Q DB Bata Base 0 V! n' O1 L z1 E1 H2 a) P+ s: }DBME Database Management Environment (Computer term)./ d' p/ ~' |( @6 t$ y* w5 ? DBMS Database Management System. # W4 J, u7 a m* Z: aDBOF Defense Business Operations Fund.1 S$ Q [ Y1 ^2 u8 s DBS Direct Broadcast Satellite.

使用道具 举报

35#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:03:49 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D3 ^) D4 ^( q9 T/ u% [; J+ j 739 L4 z- Y4 g% K& w2 z+ u Dbsm Decibels per square meter. " J) _+ \! L0 }3 n/ \% IDBSM Database System Management. - z/ p$ _' I: k7 ]9 wDC (1) Disarmament Commission. (2) Direct Current. $ d* Q: g" g+ f) }+ G& |DC-X Delta Clipper Experiment.1 {; g _: q; T. P( B DCA (1) Defensive Counter Air. (2) OBSOLETE. Defense Communications ' D0 [/ n' u2 [. p6 V8 CAgency. (Now known as Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)).* Y ~( j9 L4 k; | Y2 p DCAA Defense Contract Audit Agency. . m4 F3 l. z; P m. q& T7 _* rDCAS Defense Contract Administrative Services.! Z. y1 ^, G; j! S- t DCCO Defense Commercial Communications Office (of DISA). - R( e5 T& d8 X% E+ d5 R1 \! }5 M+ B& ^DCDS Distributed Computer Design/Development System.2 B& s U+ @6 [6 W" c- K2 z DCE (1) Data Communications Equipment (TelComm/Computer term). ) [) P/ p$ D' V(2) Distributed Computer Environment. * k( K; q& x5 aDCEC Defense Communications Electronics Command. % C a8 k/ u( |* I1 X* t; }6 GDCI (1) Director of Central Intelligence. (2) Dual Channel Interchange./ l5 f: i* ^& v6 ]& `! C+ S3 s' r DCINC Deputy Commander-in-Chief. ) L% j! f6 [' {9 p8 r& o lDCM Defensive Counter Measures. 0 j" W" H7 y$ o4 rDCMC Defense Contract Management Command3 S: d) [, Y0 r# X DCN Document Change Notice.$ p* R: s" k" C7 X8 n5 i4 W0 M DCO Director of Combat Operations (JFACC term).1 j# ^+ V% j$ J/ H$ v7 P DCP (1) Decision Coordination Paper (see ADM).9 S* `, F, L7 D. P0 o6 ~1 C (2) Director of Combat Plans (JFACC term). 1 |" X6 l7 e$ I" f+ oDCPG Digital Clock Pulse Generator.# ^' |! y% ]* U' B8 O DCS Deputy Chief of Staff.' M) K+ S4 d! _; F DCSOPS Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Plans (Army).& B' w/ U" T) _4 |7 b1 B6 W DCT Digital Communications Terminal- M& }1 W1 l& o/ V! i DCTN Defense Commercial Telecommunications Network. $ c3 | X. U( j9 C7 O2 d0 |DD Variation of DoD. @3 O- i$ F- ODDCI Deputy Director of Central Intelligence. ( L) y1 F! ^$ @$ x% @DDEL Dwight David Eisenhower Library, Abilene, KN (army term). ! y$ e! z) w& B8 o# DDDG USN guided missile destroyer. ) b/ c+ _5 g' S9 Y ^* w. ]MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D 4 T4 v& ~! @- p" y4 ^! L3 B' ~& N74' R8 j! Y8 b: r9 s2 e: f DDL Disclosure authority letter. 2 o' v" R- g5 B. J1 dDDN Defense Data Network. : K0 F' ~* C% X8 p) IDDR&E Director, Defense Research and Engineering.) y* f1 }5 u9 z q3 }3 y DDDR&E Deputy Director, Defense Research and Engineering.' z/ `6 {# G) l. L* O; O4 y7 _ DDS Data phone Digital Service (AT&T service) (Telecomm/Computer term).: r8 W, P* P6 C. b! | DE (1) See Directed Energy. (2) Delay Equalizer.( G. T+ _7 h% |' J& X. @; a6 D" U DEBRA Debris, Radiance Model. % \: y+ {7 E% t! c/ KDecentralized 5 q! W. v: }. V& C( T& {0 I1 g- }Control5 N& b8 S' T9 X2 }1 N In air defense, the normal mode whereby a higher echelon monitors unit actions,' c$ p I ~+ F3 ` n9 r making direct target assignments to units only when necessary to ensure proper - E; w: x" G( P# Pfire distribution or to prevent engagement of friendly aircraft.5 `- f _" _, N- k4 L Decentralized1 r* c- X( P* J6 C# v: X( c Execution 6 z. Q% a) B8 @0 N, G& C: kThe distributed and integrated implementation of USCINCSPACE direction by( I" P. f3 [: }6 `8 o: X) n the BMD forces. (AFSPACECOM) ; V L) {; _3 S' q; [) iDecommissionin : ~- q. {* j' [" J) fg - v8 i* r# u5 H( ZThe removal or the rendering useless of obsolete or no longer needed 5 ^6 k7 W! c4 X2 Z5 y& Hcomponents of the BMD system from service.* K8 [0 r4 @1 n4 G Decrement A directed funding level reduction for an acquisition program. . a" J; u" z2 i; CDED Data Element Definition (Computer term).1 A* e, ?/ z$ H Dedicated Mode @/ z) @" z v' N: e of Operation / m1 P7 r/ R8 V9 w(ADP Security)3 c n$ ~5 b3 P) ?& y7 F A mode of operation where all users of the AIS possess the required personnel* X. r2 S3 J2 g# H: G1 C' ^! @ security clearance or authorization, formal access approval (if required), and a 2 h) `% n8 O& m. _. i3 T0 ~: ENeed-to-Know for all data included in the AIS. % j& f( \* c: U6 A3 W9 V9 IDeep Space (DS) The region of outer space at altitudes greater than 3,000 nautical miles (about [6 Y0 t! _% w2 ?( t/ ?5,600 kilometers) above the earth’s surface. . K$ S/ g; _5 a+ o. [8 h' }& h" mDef Definition. & ` c- L' Q1 H, j; u% ODEF (1) Defense. (2) Demilitarization Enterprise Fund. & m, f7 i2 f- QDEFCON Defense Readiness Conditions.0 R6 b8 W2 L* F; j' D0 ~ Defended area2 t( A4 ]# ]. }; a coverage # A: U9 g/ ^& j% g6 H# sDefended Asset' q5 a3 ~" Q, H& { List (DAL) : @. ^$ k% y) h; G. B+ Q) J0 PThe geographical region that the BMDS can protect from ballistic missile attacks# Z, k8 `# X$ p with a specified level of probability of negation. May be specified for a particular6 E) s, f' o8 I: n3 T3 d+ o% v9 | threat type, launch point(s), launch regions, raid size, etc. ' k$ i5 q' X) q1 LA ranked listing of facilities, forces, and national political items that require) W) j e: b$ W( T2 D f protection from attack or hostile surveillance. The list is compiled from Federal + ?7 x3 t' {- g- L5 bdepartments and agencies, Unified and Specified Commands, and the Armed7 A& h: E6 T4 A9 P# |! i6 a Services to ensure National Security Emergency Preparedness functions. ( [3 w1 F1 F6 |. m8 |" L+ f$ \MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D# u( {9 j1 N- ] 75 - D1 e! C1 v; P: l3 cDefense* q' ^; ^: Y. e o3 C1 Q/ H Acquisition! z; e: Z* v, g/ t! c1 j Board (DAB) 2 W( L ]+ f) u+ D% v' F% qThe senior DoD acquisition review board chaired by the Under Secretary of . W2 y: Q$ q2 o2 V" Q9 i1 l8 \Defense for Acquisition. The Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is the" }, ]+ C$ a1 r3 C8 ~ _/ y7 x Vice-Chair. Other members of the Board are the Deputy Under Secretary of3 M, ^$ f; M/ f& ~( B Defense for Acquisition and Technology, Service Acquisition Executives of the ! N4 c/ ~& U0 a0 _& r1 b8 UArmy, Navy, and Air Force; the Director of Defense Research and Engineering;; m; i5 H3 H- c3 {, @' R the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Program Analysis and Evaluation; the 6 O P. h3 M0 l2 QComptroller of the Department of Defense; the Director of Operational Test and- T. T1 s& X9 O Evaluation; the appropriate Defense Acquisition Board Committee Chair; and the. N9 p, L8 V T, l Defense Acquisition Board Executive Secretary. Other persons may attend at ' p, k" q& ?9 O: N; Gthe invitation of the Chair. (See DoD Directive 5000.49, “Defense Acquisition9 y `2 S2 p) R Board.”)* K# u1 ]. h) O, R* o7 K* h Defense 9 @+ g) g1 r% {2 n: OAcquisition/ U# O4 R! d5 s6 @% M7 Y: `# L7 Y Board Committee' V4 V) U! ~) J Advisory review groups subordinate to the Defense Acquisition Board. The" v7 p, f- P9 m Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition determines the number of5 i$ u3 o4 K% a, h$ B Committees. The purpose of the Committee is to review DoD Component ; ?+ t3 d% O& h8 r7 \9 T! O0 zprograms prior to a Defense Acquisition Board review in order to make an5 A. M- S& |) X independent assessment and recommendation to the Board regarding the0 y2 T! a- X3 J3 ~" i6 J+ t program. (See DoD Directive 5000.49, “Defense Acquisition Board.”)

使用道具 举报

36#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:04:03 |只看该作者
Defense, T8 O' m! [8 F Acquisition / j" K' c3 H1 {* }2 D6 y' xExecutive (DAE)1 _( Z. x f3 Q+ y: t+ B The principal advisor to the Secretary of Defense on all matters pertaining to the. b0 } H7 f# z I Department of Defense Acquisition System. The USD (A) is the DAE and the / W$ K7 B3 z" i7 LDefense Procurement Executive (DoD Directive 5134.1). & I. p& }- T4 @7 EDefense - S6 C1 f- W ?; d! j* C; X' h+ R) Z& JAcquisition$ v& \ s$ d$ k3 X' C- u" ? Executive( t" U% R1 D( @" D Summary (DAES)1 @; q* B2 n/ [4 }( ?3 u The DAE’s principal mechanism for tracking programs between milestone # q5 o" i" b' x: J# Nreviews. Includes programs subject to the Selected Acquisition Report (SAR),) X( c0 R! E, d6 l J) K and any non-SAR programs subject to review by the Defense Acquisition Board.5 v" @" i- |! y3 v! ] Defense7 K# L: I0 [: y4 n Employment ( B3 l" b$ P" f5 cOption (DEO) # {: |6 o3 R$ a X A& \Engagement strategy provided to USSPACECOM component forces to achieve P$ ?/ H" E* s/ S( j specific military objectives against a ballistic missile attack. It defines hostile0 K: ?/ y4 U- S6 J: F5 P target priorities, provides assets to defend, and allocates SDS resources to be 2 }5 {/ B4 Z; F3 g R* ^6 Cemployed. A number of DEOs may reside in a particular Preplanned Response, V: m% C' u: e! {, [, D, h% ] Option (PRO). However, default DEOs (those believed to be best suited to 9 Z3 J1 S$ ^% Y1 E* W' H5 K kcounter the threat initially) will be automatically processed and executed when - q4 p0 h8 @& S7 m) sDefense Activation Authority (DAA) is given by USCINCSPACE.2 G9 v$ e4 I0 G; w) R3 [ Defense4 E4 R3 r+ }& J1 t' i Enterprise6 @: u. P* h! w1 `. i Program (DEP) 0 {( E, h# {% x2 i1 tAn Acquisition program designed to streamline the acquisition process by waiver 5 t+ Z) u* r% T$ g7 `+ A( Sof selected regulatory requirements. & J+ N! ?1 q0 x6 A4 ODefense In-Depth Locating mutually supportive defense positions in such a manner as to absorb- Q5 M9 ~6 U6 O8 ^7 G j/ R and progressively weaken an attack, prevent initial observations of the entire# v9 M8 y5 M+ k. F8 ^5 B t position by the enemy, and allow the commander to maneuver his reserve. 2 w0 s. r6 T) _4 u" nDefense: V$ O' {% M0 \. @4 y+ ~ Meteorological' h2 v) J8 V @5 b" f Satellite Program9 O; j' v% }! V& H. s (DMSP) 4 t" |5 f) H6 _' }" f( W# V6 tSatellites designed to meet unique military requirements for weather information. 1 c; L9 ?* r+ }1 u0 k7 I! d( nUsed to detect and observe developing cloud patterns and follow existing 4 L j& Y G" P$ g! r9 d. gweather systems. Visible and infrared imagery are used to form threedimensional cloud-plural analyses of various weather conditions.3 e. t2 y: R7 n9 N! c Defense Planning , J% f7 L$ S1 W2 s, wand Resources; @$ ?1 L2 b7 v1 h Board (DPRB) + I D& J% G8 I) k& ]8 R8 e6 LA board, chaired by the Deputy Secretary of Defense, established to facilitate . |1 g: y. A7 b- e6 jdecision making during all phases of the planning, programming, and budgeting : S/ d7 c' f- i( } y4 b# q- [: Usystem process. Board members include the Secretaries of the Military7 R4 ~- K- }4 ^2 I+ R! a, a Departments, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Under Secretaries of, F6 I0 B! |. A Defense for Acquisition and Technology, and Policy, the Assistant Secretary of - y8 S2 y4 M1 H, K6 ]- G+ `Defense for Program Analysis and Evaluation, and the Comptroller of the& v+ O1 @- {8 Z$ w3 u; p Department of Defense. ) ?% z+ p4 ?( e9 C1 q" tMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D( y4 m* V8 [; [( h1 {& `, \- b 76 1 K6 h2 e- q3 T9 z* ?. MDefense Planning, |& h! y1 p/ E Guidance (DPG)4 `; E* S, a" z/ F* X% ^ Document issued by SECDEF to DoD components providing strategic framework2 n/ D9 p' A' T8 @ for developing the Service POMs. Result of planning effort by Joint Staff, OSD, ! Y$ J( E4 [9 q5 n, wand Services. In connection with two-year budget process, DPG is issued every / E ]: x7 k8 h# g- P# Xother (even) year.' _1 H* L' H" o1 {6 A- n; z# m Defense Priority ! w8 y# T3 Q+ u1 K) F' Gand Allocation 3 ^- Z6 m7 d' ]$ J( xSystem (DPAS) ; X! @- B1 z, o/ c# D5 f# rThe implementation of a statutory requirement where contracts in support of: v+ j4 J! l8 r" M national defense must be accepted and performed on a priority basis over all ' u ]& Y9 g0 i& i% n+ zother contracts, and which requires the allocation of materials and facilities in6 @$ o/ X1 a/ p% J; }( D$ r7 N/ W such a manner as to promote the national defense. See “DO” and “DX.” + F- y% k7 L1 zDefense3 ~, W1 f& S' h! V+ G Readiness 6 i2 @9 l) x7 h1 ^- }+ n: W! v/ N8 KConditions ; X( |8 W5 d5 e: B/ w' U" u1 V(DEFCON) " m% L% E" Y1 h1 }# A" w+ l' s* q; dA uniform system of progressive alert postures for use between the Chairman of : U# O+ S g0 C( N5 uthe Joint Chiefs of Staff and the commanders of unified and specified commands0 X( J( z" z' ^$ c and for use by the Services. Defense readiness conditions are graduated to! ` M. Z8 g" M* y match situations of varying military severity (status of alert). Defense Readiness n5 F! R) j+ w G2 h1 }. ], zConditions are identified by the short title DEFCON (5), (4), (3), (2), and (1), as - T4 r# c3 a. uappropriate.! w3 q/ l" H; W+ w( o Defense Satellite4 P; a9 ]+ h- l9 R- R0 F Communications1 `3 |9 K3 Z) ]) g/ }$ ^ Systems (DSCS)3 e0 n& p5 R0 F Advanced communications satellites in synchronous orbit around the earth. % U$ E: B. F: W' ^, t. x C2 qProvides high-capacity, super high-frequency (SHF) secure voice and data links/ ~. {* y1 {, F8 t+ S for the Worldwide Military Command and Control System (WWMCCS). They ! z% r2 s: t9 Gsupport terminal deployments for contingencies; restoration of disrupted service 0 Y+ {* j5 ~: {. Z- J" t7 ?overseas; presidential travel; global connectivity for the Diplomatic * y3 f" B/ F. n+ J7 \Telecommunications Services; and transmission to the continental United States, H5 B6 N% M7 M7 J6 |- f) L of some surveillance, intelligence, and early warning data.7 {# E% W4 n D7 U# T5 d, u Defense Satellite * I* O, e7 G4 K) q# B/ F(DSAT) Weapon N7 r8 n' R a3 i' J) h A device that is intended to defend satellites by destroying attacking ASAT4 U" t6 o2 U1 O. O% q weapons.5 u, z$ J6 R# Q" \) r6 ]1 R Defense Support 5 g7 z) Q9 I8 m9 J2 g( x1 TProgram (DSP) - U2 x8 U& H. \ y& NA system of satellites in geo-stationary orbits, fixed and mobile ground' A3 U. g0 l& V+ l. g; I processing stations, one multi-purpose facility, and a ground communications " ]% q' c; O* G8 Xnetwork (GCN). DSP’s primary mission is to provide tactical warning and limited 6 |" ~) Y$ f+ |4 P% W. a% Jattack assessment of a ballistic missile attack.8 E$ e9 _4 y- F+ N! W Defense # d5 M% \" g- z$ ?Suppression " f( J5 b/ a3 |( a; kTemporary or transient degradation of the performance of a defensive system7 n% D9 S6 C' Q, J/ | below the level needed to fulfill its mission objectives, by an opposing force. ' C/ u) _3 \6 z6 v' \ Z' _(USSPACECOM) . _) |' q E. wDefense Tier The arranging of a defensive system to correlate with the phases of a ballistic7 L6 w0 M$ ^) k4 Z9 s missile trajectory; i.e., boost, post-boost, midcourse, and terminal.7 m. @9 J2 J) G9 V6 D0 W8 P. G [4 b Defensive 8 s3 C3 j$ z; cCounter) [' c5 q% [ W3 z! U/ B6 e Measures (DCM) . }( ]+ Z+ Q/ p/ xActions taken to eliminate an ASAT attack.- S' O0 \) M: h- a$ ]0 R. ` Defensive * j9 ^! c6 p- GTechnologies ' P3 I8 E) L S3 T" S! O3 JStudy Team- D- P5 j, G$ [ (DTST) 9 J# R, T2 @- qA committee, generally known as the “Fletcher Panel” after its Chairman, ; }8 X" d/ w6 D: V6 fappointed by (former) President Reagan to investigate the technologies of5 R2 W# p- z [8 q! B, j( O potential BMD systems.0 ^6 G0 U% o, R- c$ G7 F3 s& Z0 O DEFSMAC Defense Special Missiles and Astronautics Center, Ft. Meade, MD. 3 ], q% h* N& l4 r2 f9 o7 i% ~DEIS Defense Enterprise Integration Services (ex-DTIS). $ c" U$ v# ~1 N- V, bDEL Delivery. 7 J" d* [3 a, ^/ sDelivery Error The inaccuracy associated with a given weapon system resulting in a dispersion! n5 R. q5 h! _- K3 ~ b% P( U of shots about the aiming point. See also Circular Error Probable. p$ N9 F, h& L) T, s" K: J MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D1 Q/ G9 s4 K- W1 G9 l 77 % @- l, N, B* \8 G! O! Q+ ^1 z" P4 hDelta-V A numerical index of the maneuverability of a satellite or rocket. It is the: v* ]# n# N, a; w$ [/ } maximum change in velocity, which a spacecraft could achieve in the absence of , `/ R/ S! T, O; D% ea gravitational field. 4 }5 W; E' Q. h. \Dem/Val OBSOLETE. Demonstration and Validation (DD 5000 term). + C& u: ^% S) RDemise Altitude Altitude at which object of interest (decoy, chaff, etc.) no longer performs its 9 O) f0 q/ z+ E( c: Rdesired function (matching RV characteristics, screening RV, etc.)' E3 W: K0 N {5 ?, r7 @( c0 I DEMO Demonstration. " T& y- f5 p6 Y7 M _! J! FDemonstration , m c- f ^( band Validation ; j4 V# h: \% J1 N- |4 X; J(Dem/Val)+ Y8 U. W/ h/ {% K) I# { The acquisition phase when major program characteristics and product designs % \4 X- z4 e, q* }" Q5 a" F8 D5 B. V, eare refined through extensive study and analysis, hardware development, test, ; x/ g" u" p6 ^1 ~and evaluations. The objective is to validate the choice of alternatives and to 7 N; y: n' o% d8 vprovide the basis for determining whether or not to proceed into Engineering and + h. X1 y* b3 j) b2 e" Y. V5 HManufacturing Development (EMD).3 o1 T* ]% a$ t% V- T2 H3 e Denial Measure An action to hinder or deny the enemy the use of space, personnel, or facilities. ( H1 b+ y4 y3 eIt may include destruction, removal, contamination, or erection of obstructions. * W" ]! D. d: p4 L4 g& d8 lDEO Defense Employment Option.8 F' c- g7 c0 q Department of; D- |4 ~9 a/ n4 O( W2 H Defense 3 V) `# }: x4 P! r- QAcquisition* m# j* \5 f: A0 W# k2 K" Z) c System ' N% @! a' Y; a* Q& w; m+ A bA single uniform system whereby all equipment, facilities, and services are _( `' f7 T! ^: v6 C/ P, Z+ C planned, designed, developed, acquired, maintained, and disposed of within the$ U* k; E) d0 c1 K Department of Defense. The system encompasses establishing and enforcing( i3 k& J: A0 |1 u policies and practices that govern acquisitions, to include documenting mission% P4 _9 Y8 p) h! |- k needs and establishing performance goals and baselines; determining and( e7 A4 E4 u: U, e$ K* e prioritizing resource requirements for acquisition programs; planning and% d6 y( L: C3 ~8 h" y executing acquisition programs; directing and controlling the acquisition review ' I3 a$ W$ b- M Wprocess; developing and assessing logistics implications; contracting; monitoring , m, J! y' `# Y, m& Tthe execution status of approved programs; and reporting to Congress. (See * e+ {* B' y9 e: Q: wDoD Directive 5134.1, “Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisition).”) " }. b" |) a- x2 u* JDeployment (1) The placement of force elements in battle positions to obtain a higher3 _3 L' }7 }6 J state of readiness.) G% U; [- a; |$ M0 i3 C( ^ (2) The movement required to place force elements in battle positions. 6 C4 K3 Q- l. i% `! g" d: o5 ~7 d1 P(3) Fielding the weapons system by placing it into operational use with units# \. B4 p/ j) m5 E2 H in the field/fleet.) H2 T+ b1 w! e7 Q: i3 j( ` (4) To arrange, place, or move strategically.8 {6 c E7 C3 `. ~4 d; ^/ w7 L' H Deployment1 w9 y8 Y7 V& _1 }( ~ Planning / c1 ], x2 C2 D) m, u% \* b; U$ D(1) The development and maintenance of plans required to initially deploy, : F3 A/ K( D9 S6 fmaintain, and evolve the operational system in accordance with& G' |8 L. Z+ r& Y% c schedules and priorities. It includes factors such as launch facility9 a4 L2 h4 q u availability and planning for the availability of other required elements8 f4 m2 t- y, y/ k3 I, d6 P such as trained personnel or units. In addition, it identifies the impact of$ s, m5 f2 G. b6 S7 s6 i0 b deployment on operational readiness and any testing constraints # [( o: c9 b4 G+ Q1 Q% y0 K8 Lassociated with deployment. 5 i* y, `. d l( Y(2) Encompasses all activities from origin or home station through % q: B4 g* r. g7 mdestination, specifically including intra-continental United States, intertheater, and intra-theater movement legs, staging areas, and holding " Y7 N; k. v1 i8 Kareas.

使用道具 举报

37#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:04:19 |只看该作者
Deployment' ^0 I1 b: I# ? m Testing " ]: i6 ~4 a& f6 ~The testing and/or simulation of system assets in the physical and operational 9 b( F* K: ^8 x0 Z! j& q4 C5 Tenvironment in which they are expected to perform.3 Y# g* }# b y DepOpsDep Service Deputy Operations Deputies. ; q0 [! N; z5 ^* _) w/ `1 {0 {MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D2 l- N; J7 M0 b. {% m" f1 r! F 78; `! R% N. a! { Depressed5 h0 Q9 s' x3 s: Z1 C! x8 g: B5 c Trajectory& q$ b$ Z: w8 `; P! V" m Trajectory with an apogee below that of the minimum-energy trajectory.2 H* j0 Y; ]$ p7 ^ DEPSCoR Defense Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research.6 g w- b( M& j: y/ R" d DEPSECDEF Deputy Secretary of Defense.- ~( j9 o1 M6 Z# ?/ p DeSecState Deputy Secretary of State. " V7 L& r+ q0 T! J2 H/ Y0 U# N5 ]DERA Defense Evaluation and Research Agency. Consolidated research and3 i C* E- ?3 K, j. d, a- S- l development resources of the U.K. Ministry Defence. Headquartered in2 p* J7 h7 Z% Q& c$ i. u' p Farnborough, England. + E4 t6 j) K3 j+ b3 m. Y1 GDerivative* _; _; z$ [: F7 E! _6 u- k" O. L Classification / U; \* ?# _1 T$ J- t0 UA determination that information is in substance the same as information- e1 d7 q* W8 T6 R: @ currently classified and the application of the same classification marking. " {0 H m; n" W3 {$ P' m( eDES Data Encryption Standard.4 S! d! N' ^7 c$ c/ E% M$ w+ Y DESC Defense Electronics Supply Center (DLA term).! T' j3 B# u$ j' l5 C* p: E# [2 ~ Design . Q1 U& z! [" j1 \Constraints 2 O" a5 o7 \9 e. |- p# L, nBoundary conditions within which the developer must remain while allocating 1 Z) @/ H+ k" t- u' N$ Jperformance requirements and/or synthesizing system elements. ; P5 E" ?& B% N7 e1 [6 }Design ; `4 S' a9 ^. |( k( `( P+ ?8 ]& f# UParameters6 ~1 U3 ?+ A! P. v5 t6 R Qualitative, quantitative, physical, and functional value characteristics that are3 g1 [4 d/ {% I5 W/ ` inputs to the design process, for use in design tradeoffs, risk analyses, and # h s1 m. N2 S6 ?1 Idevelopment of a system that is responsive to system requirements.. g+ o- H2 d0 ^/ _ Design Phase A period of time in the software life cycle during which the designs for # M- S, M; X. {architecture, software components, interfaces, and data are created, # T( D# C1 L/ R8 B7 Hdocumented, and verified to satisfy requirements.* H, X* g. U& Z! g! {# v4 \ Design-to-Cost+ L0 g0 c" @+ Z. D2 S (DTC) Goal0 W3 {: J6 Y2 `# ?/ n+ U Management concept wherein rigorous cost goals are established during- T! N- `8 N( Y$ B9 Z7 f1 ^ development, and the control of systems costs (acquisition, operating, and7 J5 f! B; b' `4 `0 W" M8 q support) to these goals is achieved by practical tradeoffs between operational 7 t9 K1 v* Z' z' R( S4 jcapability, performance, costs, and schedule. Cost, as a key design parameter, 7 B6 E9 r2 P2 Zis addressed on a continuing basis and as an inherent part of the development . d; |+ K6 f3 O5 ^3 land production process. A DTC goal should be in the form of average unit% G- P: n" _9 [% L ]" w0 l$ Y flyaway cost. Also, DTC parameters for operation and support will be$ _ }/ k! y1 R! A$ y* t selected—parameters that are design-controllable, significantly affect O&S costs,; F: H0 t9 Z3 l and can be measured during test and evaluation. Parameters may be- ~. G1 o1 r$ U) P$ e expressed in dollars or by other measurable factors, e.g., manpower, reliability, or6 \% J! ? _& O% i! [2 m: [! {7 X7 @ maintainability. Firm goals and thresholds will be established no later than entry ) Z9 A5 K9 G4 k! w. O3 ?into EMD (Milestone II). This is an in-house goal, almost contractual in nature,6 q, f, W% W0 k6 b6 b between the PM (Service) and the SECDEF. Allocations from this goal will7 J/ _! ]6 d& J become the contractual DTC goals for contractors supporting the program.# d0 p8 [- U* k3 a8 e Det Detachment. 5 e4 {- p# h! r9 G. e2 ~: cDETEC Defense Technology Evaluation Code.3 o4 A. i1 z4 r; f6 ^8 J Detector A passive IR, visible, UV detector turns photons into an electrical signal. The 0 O/ I) M+ w; v7 S! [5 cIFOV of the detector is its solid angular sub-tense. There is sometimes8 W2 z! V7 z$ _7 g# d3 | confusion between the detector sub-tense (size) and the pixel (picture element 8 X1 g4 j8 @) u7 v. Ksize). They are the same for a staring sensor, but in a scanner it depends on $ C3 y6 @$ ~) o ], tthe array offset and number of samples per dwell. A pixel area is often only onesixth or one-eighth of a detector angular area. M# v ?- G, t% l+ N7 O MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D - Z, ~5 A3 V% P+ Y- f; T79 f" h. X6 |& h0 k DEV ENV Development Environment. & g0 b% C& {) r. \Development" N5 h$ L4 k( j* q Test (DT) + C8 b+ m0 y0 }/ V9 WTest conducted by the development test organization to achieve specified test " _2 b) S3 W u/ r4 I! ?objectives. It may be a complete test, a subtest, or a phase of a test. 4 L/ {+ b2 h5 [/ L, EDevelopment ( l6 f9 c" V: I3 K. xTest I (DT I) C: x3 s+ y8 k/ ^, R( m A series of tests conducted during the demonstration and validation phase.3 j7 \3 m& s w2 c# O Components, subsystems, or the total (or full) system are examined to determine* R! L( {( B5 a; K( f! c whether the system is ready for EMD. State-of-the-art technology is addressed # }/ I/ Z; k& E. p3 W* Gin DT I.* P8 ]6 G3 O) z, F Development 0 k' }% H* I5 [/ RTest II (DT II) * ], m2 a( G8 @* Z) J9 ^$ V3 IA series of tests, normally during EMD, which provide the technical data! K+ K6 N: C& r0 U0 l) m+ p2 @ necessary to assess whether the system is ready for low-rate initial or full 2 F' @+ ~ E1 Z/ _* c# @1 N3 R5 Xproduction. It measures the technical performance and safety characteristics of! ^5 [2 v- f: m( _" |$ l a the item and evaluates its associated tools, test equipment, training package,& i% {7 c' z% H and maintenance test package as described in the development plan. DT II 2 ]2 q) t! l# waddresses accomplishment of engineering design goals and the fulfillment of2 t- U" E- P5 A0 r, |# Q+ n! q contract specifications. 3 |) B# x& w' i- |7 _1 l w4 jDevelopment% m# {% t5 A( c- I Test III (DT III)( m0 U& |) m, y8 x Tests conducted during production. ( `8 ~- `9 B" o+ Q9 \% k) DDevelopment 2 J; r( f, R. |% l+ {! BTest and : {! T- ]/ H' U3 tEvaluation ' k/ t! v x+ T(DT&E)0 o* Y2 N7 j% G& r8 H+ Y: U Test and evaluation conducted to measure progress, usually of 0 x$ d: a( y( d. t6 j7 n6 `component/subsystems, and the proofing of manufacturing processes and , j$ S- R9 \0 k7 C; X; W% h+ gcontrols and to assist the engineering design and development process and* L5 G v- ?, j2 m9 i% z9 _ verify attainment of technical performance specifications and objectives. Usually % j6 O$ ~6 K* v! u+ w6 d; econducted under controlled or laboratory conditions. Can be conducted before$ }1 x( h" m2 X4 \ or after production begins.- \" w& R& d4 A2 ^- x1 t Development+ ^0 W h e' ? I, H: b1 e Test (DT)1 }) s6 o1 U8 B, F) j Test conducted by the development test organization to achieve specified test ' b$ q- A" \8 v: m* @, J7 d4 J; Jobjectives. It may be a complete test, a subtest, or a phase of a test.9 g# x2 O+ t3 F2 M! b, D Deviation Criteria Limits established beyond which a Program Manager may not trade-off cost, 7 o# [8 \0 b0 H$ Z h. X! qschedule, or performance without authorization from the milestone decision . R1 l2 y7 o% |6 jauthority. Acquisition Program Baseline (APB) thresholds represent these ! [( j# W; P. M) Kparameters.7 C1 Z, T* i" ~" I# \1 q8 c3 r Devolution of 6 w7 @9 Q, S! \6 K* ~Command0 _- E6 F& L& o# k Minimal essential operational capability to perform C2 provided in an orderly and Y& C, @7 j# T* }) Ctimely fashion to a duly authorized successor.1 @2 g3 M" h7 N- w9 f6 f. n) A+ c DEW (1) Directed Energy Weapon. (2) Directed Energy Warfare.+ f0 ?' I) c' Q u4 Q DEW/D Directed Energy Weapon/Discrimination.2 q7 U9 e6 o( Q- h# M DEWG, O Directed Energy Weapon Ground, Orbital" ^$ ?4 d X+ C8 p j' G DEWL Directed Energy Weapon, Laser (thermal or impulse).9 f) Y, J+ m% Z7 y s; I DEWP Directed Energy Weapon, Particle Beam (neutral or charged). 1 k1 m: _, Y0 m2 m% x+ f& w1 K2 v) PDF-KBS Data Fusion Knowledge Based System. 1 ~9 P6 ]2 Z( `) M( {# LDF2 Deuterium Fluoride.) B0 k3 u$ o, C; n DFAR Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation / z2 _ ]; I, @3 _7 ZDFARS Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement." _) K: I6 N0 J) n MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D / d8 u/ D0 M4 E# B# G809 \: p, I3 s2 P* `+ v4 }" G DFAS Defense Financing and Accounting Service.+ G0 m0 x9 o+ |3 a* \- L% A+ J DG OBSOLETE. Defense Guidance. See Defense Planning Guidance. 8 V! y" j& k$ }9 T+ h$ F) YDGA Director General of Armaments (France)., L- j1 z) t/ U& } DGP Defense Group on Proliferation.0 e1 r3 e) `& Q) ` DI (1) Data Item. (2) Developmental Item./ P8 ~/ D! ~4 g! ? DIA Defense Intelligence Agency. 1 Y9 r9 N. \! ~& w YDIAC Defense Intelligence Analysis Center. y& f1 K) r! [ DIAM Defense Intelligence Agency Manual % K! c7 T$ ]6 b! _Diameter (Optics) The unit of measure of the light gathering power of a lens. ( X2 M' O2 M2 j' {+ t1 g" DDICE Digital Integrated Combat Evaluator. + Y. h; y1 w8 J, J9 MDID Data Item Description. 7 V1 r$ F9 ~$ ^: b+ t1 K% FDiffraction The spreading out of electromagnetic radiation as it leaves an aperture. The& f9 M- i# a% o% F* D# p0 U angle of spread, which cannot be eliminated by focusing, is proportional to the 0 ]3 r, c; B/ aratio of the wavelength of radiation to the diameter of the aperture.8 J S. F2 x z! h( F5 W7 T Digital * P9 f2 A1 F& N7 m( P1 QProcessing' E' f& s: B2 r; p The most familiar type of computing, in which problems are solved through the + B! I$ x3 m1 ^4 I7 tmathematical manipulation of streams of bits.0 }6 o) A$ f: R5 s5 E& t DII Defense Information Infrastructure ] |9 z3 ^* b+ ^ Dip A period of significantly decreased RCS signatures of an RV at low altitude (6 to 1 x2 X( M; {* K8 a. ?12 km) between wake termination and de-sheathing.( L9 `* @7 b& v4 Y; E DIPS Dynamic Isotope Power System (which provides up to 10 kW of power). & R+ ^2 f; N. }/ R' |4 S$ [! C s. ZDIR Director.# D/ f/ B6 t& O \: D. Z8 q: A Direct Air % K+ [: J; A# D: Y4 ySupport Center 5 {4 a; ], s3 f% t) S: `* v- a- }A subordinate operational component of a tactical air control system designed; x/ R; f' D; n4 C7 m for control and direction of close air support and other tactical air support / ]4 ?) K$ w: Z+ v2 b+ Qoperations, and normally collocated with fire support coordination elements.# z6 y+ u6 Y8 b! Y( w% x- |+ L Direct Cost Any cost that is specifically identified with a particular final cost objective. Is not' n2 G: I' x- V7 U) N. J, j necessarily limited to items that are incorporated into the end product as labor or9 u4 J) C( c3 \8 o material.. m2 [- G$ I! {. b( S$ p Direct Labor Labor specifically identified with a particular final cost objective. Manufacturing, m4 C: t# [ O. L7 t direct labor includes fabrication, assembly, inspection and test for constructing ) F; q8 Z Y/ t9 @8 ethe end product. Engineering direct labor consists of engineering labor such as 0 [! \: s9 W% K. ?+ w6 Treliability, quality assurance, test, design, etc., that is readily identified with the 1 l# U: r' q3 \/ Lend product. 2 w" U$ _# i+ KDirected Energy 4 }& T# u: d% ?7 T/ i! M(DE)1 y2 G, K4 J5 |2 L) I 1. Energy in the form of atomic particles, pellets, or focused electromagnetic. w# P& @7 U- V: l" g# s beams that can be sent long distances at, or nearly at, the speed of $ q P! c% h, J/ C& \light. ; [; t/ |/ \7 { ]& a1 {, w2. An umbrella term covering technologies that relate to the production of a) |* {1 \$ q }4 c beam of concentrated electromagnetic energy or atomic or subatomic particles.7 ^ C- G: ~0 a) F) i9 a MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D" y" d+ K- Q4 R# _# n; V3 k 81 1 n$ g4 N/ q/ a( q/ u% EDirected Energy $ x/ H, X, W# y. r g6 fDevice: G2 W: i* q0 m; P3 E A system using directed energy primarily for a purpose other than as a weapon. 4 I0 h/ Q1 y* q' ?Directed energy devices may produce effects that could allow the device to be4 Y2 T4 V. C3 H; } used as a weapon against certain threats, for example, laser rangefinders.- p6 B$ e/ }: C0 ` Directed Energy & i# T D" L; L2 {: h3 w/ d& F9 PWeapon (DEW) 9 g( [: U/ ~+ E* K+ nA system using directed energy primarily as a direct means to damage or destroy # S# d/ d( ^6 u( ienemy equipment, facilities, and personnel.) p; X4 A% N; F1 V3 k$ ?5 k* W. \ g DIRLAUTH Direct Liaison Authorized.0 l6 ? u6 D5 ` DIRNSA Director, National Security Agency. . s+ ^, A- g3 O+ j, t K$ \ }- yDIS (1) Distributed Interactive Simulation. (2) Defense Investigative Service. 1 d9 m3 b: ?4 R# e4 j2 hDISA Defense Information Systems Agency, Washington, DC. (Formerly known as' i; _3 g: W' s: @/ i! n K Defense Communications Agency).# H1 Z2 s9 s- p7 J5 T( D$ F DISCO Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office " \4 f2 v* w, U9 iDISCOM Division Support Command (US Army term). 3 J# F8 G+ l* c* }5 l; ]; u5 M+ e) TDiscretionary7 ?/ y9 J4 @+ ^; Z2 X! a8 ]+ f2 e Judgment1 @: q* h! m. ^# ^2 a& { The authority given USCINCSPACE or his duly authorized representative to( F+ P8 C1 B# b" }7 n8 ^9 f7 U perform actions not covered by the ROE.

使用道具 举报

38#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:04:40 |只看该作者
DISCRIM Discrimination$ F$ f$ ?4 q6 t8 T DISN Defense Information System Network (DISA term).) z' Y; }. k6 ^; J" ]" g6 L- D DISSP Defense-wide Information Systems Security Program. 1 a7 e! T2 [0 \. b1 GDISUM Daily Intelligence Summary (JFACC term).0 Z' t6 y- Y' B# |. Q7 A DITDS Defense Intelligence Threat Data System.: c) ?1 e. P4 y& W DITP Discriminating Interceptor Technology Program. The objective of DITP is the 0 F5 n) s3 a. `$ vdevelopment of advanced interceptor seekers to counter advanced threats. 7 E% Z7 S. ^5 GDITP will integrate passive and active sensors into an interceptor seeker that 4 p) ?! p8 Q$ g! `4 M+ O2 a7 A4 Xintegrates data fusion processors, multicolor infrared sensors, and LADAR. DTP; j& ?1 v8 E. p" S7 _ flight demonstrations will involve the tracking and interceptor on-board, Z' W3 C+ E& x( a6 f discrimination of targets of opportunity while providing fusion processor data" e0 q( m: D0 t" n telemetry. (See also ASTP). 0 m+ V* J6 f8 `; G; g; n9 bDIVARTY Division Artillery (US Army term).0 |7 W0 _/ g \' g" q- C DIW Defensive Information Warfare.0 x+ |6 N$ ?0 V3 V& J: ]# l DLA Defense Logistics Agency, Alexandria, VA. ( U% x% e5 o4 W" ?3 P8 b) uDLSC Defense Logistics Services Center (Battle Creek, MI).8 K# T# Q5 |7 ^, `( g& V DM Data Management' f$ q! l' Z6 O- F DMA Defense Mapping Agency, Fairfax, VA. : ~' n. P* `2 D1 ?4 RDME Distributed Management Environment." n* H: _1 F( S8 d; ` DMI Dual-Mode Interceptor.5 R# {; `) h2 F8 t! q( v$ Q/ k0 S MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D5 C# |1 `; a2 S+ H: @; l! w 827 \ K% R5 }! K( |$ Q DMRD Defense Management Review Decision.3 ^8 `/ M1 B ?- X7 i3 m DMS (1) Defense Message System. 3 U2 z8 @$ C f" {9 l' b! n(2) Dissimilar Mission Simulator.2 ~& |* l# y& @$ N9 T DMSO Defense Modeling and Simulation Office (OSD).! Y& S, Y' F* f0 B1 P DMSP Defense Meteorological Satellite Program.5 m* a( m( D% r/ ]1 W1 h1 |: A( L DMU Disk Memory Unit. / C& z# L! b0 w$ }: YDNA Defense Nuclear Agency, Alexandria, VA.- C: K7 E$ c, V3 v2 f) I9 M DNMS Distributed Network Management System. + @* r1 P3 E4 z& K& }. |' p" ]DNSIX DoDIIS Network Security Information Exchange6 O5 d; ]$ @( \5 J' D DNSO Defense Network Systems Organization. 9 y- ?6 i- K5 K3 M; J _1 f4 |4 bDO The lowest rating under the DPAS. All “DO” orders take preference over unrated8 u0 c% I2 s/ l. P- } orders to meet a required delivery date. 0 j' G* H+ Z! g" gDoc Document% o: W' U$ f% _. E; n& W s% \ DOCPREP Documentation Preparation. # b! I, Z. E: `( K5 W+ h0 T$ s |8 eDoctrine Fundamental principles by which the military forces or elements thereof guide* O# ?4 s9 F. U: y% U1 d/ z- k their actions in support of national objectives. It is authoritative but requires- P" p3 x7 h# I" f judgment in the application. See also Combined Doctrine. ! t# B% ~9 J; d( `4 S: Z8 g1 ?DoD Department of Defense! f# s1 Y+ w7 X% Y' k DoD Component' n. w0 |; d- c; }) p: e Acquisition7 Y% S0 P, _ w& K# e/ ^/ B Executive 4 F3 p0 p" T# D% R4 g& \& jA single official within a DoD Component who is responsible for all acquisition. G7 v1 q, S0 j5 ]4 j3 e, ?6 ?9 X! M functions within that Component. This includes Service Acquisition Executives, R9 T( S$ {2 J& J: c& Z for the Military Departments and Acquisition Executives in other DoD5 ~9 f: ?- g' J, t2 F2 E3 m Components who have acquisition management responsibilities.) H8 K2 `2 x# F7 w9 S0 V DoD Components The Office of the Secretary of Defense; the Military Departments; the Chairman, ( W1 n5 m* t; F' SJoint Chiefs of Staff and Joint Staff; the Unified and Specified Commands; the! ]% E" |5 J( a( d Defense Agencies; and DoD Field Activities. 6 X+ V" P% {/ H3 U; ]: M( b) `- [DoDD DoD Directive. * I! X1 E, J% F& _DoD Directive ; v( u r3 S& \5000.1 / Q, X+ T4 f4 g“Defense Acquisition.” The principal DoD directive on acquisition. It establishes5 H# D4 F" E0 H! g policies, practices and procedures of governing the acquisition of defense/ P3 w1 h, g4 d }/ E2 n acquisition programs. : v; m& ? O- N2 VDoDI DoD Instruction.' y3 f A2 Q4 F) {6 W- u* S# j DoD Instruction 0 W% r( v" i% f/ s6 Z7 k5000.2 0 S* m0 \2 h5 U7 r“Defense Acquisition Management Policies and Procedures.” Implements DODD ; K6 |1 |) g; m7 u1 _5 l: F/ v/ Y a" h5000.1. / t: K% P8 I1 fDoDIIS DoD Intelligence Information System.& I+ [: y) A6 C, _' y; D$ O DoDISS DoD Index of Specifications and Standards.$ ~! Y0 g; Z+ I7 u2 @ }, H DoD-M DoD Manual. y, a' p) [! N6 @MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D( H6 G4 ?! _5 B 835 |! O% F5 L: G DoDR Department of Defense Regulation.9 X% o6 p/ N: P4 x# t b( w DOD-STD Department of Defense Standard. ( E( g+ W" `+ {* X0 UDoE Department of Energy.! D* O1 e1 @6 w& p DOF Degrees of Freedom.7 T1 q2 J/ S' B. f* c" V6 g8 W0 w) N2 ~ Dog House Large Soviet A-frame radar used as a component of the Moscow ABM system8 J7 u" r6 {* @7 |5 D having a detection range of approximately 3000 km. It is believed to provide - d* i$ v2 i6 v B Dbattle management for the totality of Moscow defenses. " C( S* m1 n: A3 W1 ?2 e4 cDOP (1) Degree of Protection. (2) Depot Overhaul Point (ILS term). ; A) y" P% b7 O% HDOPAA Description of Proposed Actions and Alternative (environmental term). $ r' C6 v3 f& cDoppler Effect The phenomenon evidenced by the change in the observed frequency of a , L, r; N! l& V* k* Asound or radio wave caused by a time rate of change in the effective length of 7 I& H5 F& H- x0 W; mthe path of travel between the source and the point of observation. 4 S- ]2 M: X- ODoS Department of State (US). Y2 i7 T% ` _- E DOS Disk Operating System (TelComm/Computer term). ! u: W; s1 n, f0 i6 ^& a2 tDoT Department of Transportation [US].+ ]. ~" S5 w/ j! x2 \ DOT Designated Optical Tracker. , C& s/ r; v: t" w: ]% M: PDOT&E Director, Operational Test & Evaluation. ; f# X* [( C R" GDOTH Defense of the Homeland.7 ]4 S3 }6 o4 K" g Down Select To reduce the number of contractors working on a program by eliminating one or t4 w5 d1 R! h8 D) K more for the next phase. - N6 |% Y6 D) E7 PDP (1) Data Processor. (2) Decision Point. (3) Deployment Planning. 7 a, K0 P2 P% f, }7 @( I w, RDPA Defense Production Act. 8 F7 q) S! k! I& n% o. EDPA&E Director, Program Analysis and Evaluation. * o1 o" E4 l( ?& ], W8 rDPAS Defense Priority and Allocation System. : h6 c6 c2 ~: q. a+ h, Z- MDPAT Dynamic Program Analysis Tool. ' O+ x% @ C6 A$ z3 N wDPB Defense Policy Board. 0 |! r' N/ X9 uDPG Defense Planning Guidance.' x8 F9 i- a0 | l% F DPM Deputy Program Manager. * E8 r- [ f/ t9 n( ADPML Deputy Program Manager for Logistics/ }9 A' s; y f5 r DPP Distributed and Parallel Processing (Computer term). 9 Y, G( o4 z- @, ?( r; _5 GDPR Defense Performance Review.3 b. T8 E* B& C! a3 C; A2 G- h) ? MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D . L- ?' ? ^& w1 M4 n* R84 - q" U, ]/ `' m! b2 ZDPRB See Defense Planning and Resources Board. + r' ~" Z& w, o- [4 \8 rDPRK Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea). 4 k2 P4 |# M: D/ C% H$ c& wDPRO Defense Plant Representatives Office.0 L3 q/ V- |5 n$ e' l DPSSL Diode-Pumped Solid State Laser.5 C2 R$ q3 B- p; X0 \4 K DR Deployment Review. * Q; ^% v: g' c- o# Q3 H$ B6 lDRAM Dynamic Random Access Memory./ P- s# |1 {( T8 p. k Draw-down Curve A method used to encapsulate the overall performance of a BMD system that& w% S7 \( w4 [4 j plots the probability of survival on the vertical axis versus the number of attacking - d C8 w# G: }0 IRVs on the horizontal axis. Used in conjunction with attack price, they are the3 V1 @! W8 K$ v' J8 h s" E most important expressions of a BMD capability. " t" I+ g+ P* ]/ a3 R, K! WDRB Defense Resources Board.* v$ _& P1 F; I$ H8 o7 f3 X6 r DREN Defense Research and Engineering Network., A8 Y3 y% a' I9 n DRFP Draft Request for Proposal.; `- P' z/ G- z Drift In ballistics, a shift in projectile direction due to gyroscopic action that results from + }, H n0 T- C: K; hgravitational and atmospherically induced torques on the spinning projectile. 4 C7 E/ v9 C' G# P/ U) vDRM DAB Readiness Meeting (DD 5000.2 term). 5 p( M( R. H( v+ g8 c" xDrone A land, sea, or air vehicle that is remotely or automatically controlled. See also ) @ J( B6 m7 k4 e3 n. YRemotely Piloted Vehicle." |, T6 e2 v, F DRP (1) Deployment Readiness Plan (US Army term).4 N' U. D6 `% D C+ V8 m/ | (2) Deployment Readiness Program.! x1 J" R7 Y/ h( m$ j DRR Digital Receiver Replacement (USN term). 5 I$ O- m7 ~, n# t1 a7 o6 b2 GDS Deep Space." [$ w: z; \4 \7 ~ DS-1 Category of telecommunications circuit capability.' O, L, Y( Y' g( F DS-3 LAN Category of telecommunications circuit for a Local Area Network. 3 T l3 j3 D z) M" B. B" O# `4 ADSAA Defense Security Assistance Agency (OSD). + n6 ~1 R6 A$ a( q4 q) DDSAT Defense Satellite Weapon.5 i% f9 \1 l) C' \ DSB Defense Science Board.: h+ b* e: @* A1 ] DSCS Defense Satellite Communications Systems.0 I' e& D0 F x) E$ t' K2 y$ b& [! e2 q DSCS-3 Defense Satellite Communications System Three.8 S2 y9 O. y! d3 |0 E, B DSCSOC Defense Satellite Communications System Ops Center. ( ?# p; k2 J8 Z; F+ R. `DSI Defense Simulation Internet3 `6 A0 @5 Z8 k8 N MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D 5 X1 |$ U7 K+ N% g9 f' A85 3 E8 E9 c9 ?6 Z/ VDSIS (1) Defense Special Intelligence System. (2) Defense Simulation Internet9 K/ g* S4 C- w( v3 J System.8 @# F2 F4 A& W DSM Decision Support Matrix3 D% ~4 X0 f3 ]% D4 f DSMAC Digital Scene-Matching Area Correlation.: R. o! o- z: C/ b) Q; c. F! p; C DSMC Defense Systems Management College.7 D* g2 c6 @# i6 c DSN (1) Defense Switched Network (formerly AUTOVON). 1 a e! G" `( r" p* P3 E7 u(2) Deep Space Network (NASA term).. x$ Y q4 S, P* K DSP (1) Defense Support Program. (2) Defense Standardization Program.# g! @4 t2 Q @" J( L DSPRTM Defense Support Program Real-Time Model.6 c! j6 S- ~6 v8 T2 i9 ^. g) \ DSR Data Set Ready (TelComm/Computer term). - r8 w& W- u8 zDSRCE Down Scooped Radio Control Equipment (TelComms term). - q( v" |4 [; d2 M FDSS (1) Defense Supply Service. (2) Digital Signature Standard. 1 @7 r' N1 x5 j" G, D# \DST Defense Suppression Threat. 8 n& q. c3 K: s7 x1 Y: eDSTAR Defense Strategic and Tactical Array Reproducibility. 0 }) i. } _: e' T Y) EDSTO Defence Science Technology Organization (Australia). 0 r5 _, O; W" o0 X3 y* HDSU Digital Service Unit (Telecomm/Computer term).3 d* e9 ^# T1 X! N DSWA Defense Special Weapons Agency, Alexandria, VA. DSWA is the successor to! f$ V" ^, m7 d3 H* k8 w the DNA. 2 H" \3 n9 y* m( ]$ Y8 O% SDT (1) Discrimination Technique.$ \8 b% y; x: k% f) H (2) Development Testing. 4 W( y3 `/ E4 h+ s: X5 O(3) See Development Test I, II, III.8 L- p! |% I [) |) c y (4) Down Time (ILS term). % q Q: ]0 I$ _& m(5) Depressed Trajectory./ T, c8 M7 }5 F# }5 i5 F( @( r (6) Dedicated Target. / [) \2 c. n; v4 o' w6 _* KDT&E Development Test and Evaluation.. R N$ F6 \# q DT/OA Development Test/Operational Assessment.1 o* \4 A4 U- l DT/OT Developmental Test/Operational Test. ' O1 |4 M- [1 `" e( zDTAP Defense Technology Area Plan. ! H; X5 g' U3 Z$ x/ K$ `DTC Design-to-Cost.$ E$ u2 [% y5 Z DTD Digital Transfer Device (TelComm/Computer term).8 g& O! @; k. M4 v9 h/ e% a: H DTE Data Terminal Equipment (TelComm/Computer term). 0 a \1 r1 b7 t! K" s% ~/ DDTED Digital Terrain Elevation Data. . H* ~* {1 }* f2 UDTIC Defense Technical Information Center, Alexandria, VA. - a0 W9 s3 v3 X2 f$ V' K' o$ G- UMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D 6 p, _. G) y+ I% [4 H0 r# |$ V* D86. m/ r* T8 f5 ~7 R" p) r DTIS Defense Technical Information Services (now DEIS). . g2 ?6 W( @+ \! v& F! `8 f) NDTLCC Design to Life-Cycle Cost. & ]3 _5 {3 `8 gDTLOMS Doctrine, Training, Leadership, Organization, Material, and Soldiers (USA BCBL 8 U9 L( R1 U5 K& `( S( u* B+ Hterm)., K2 m: P% I) `) o. U* {' G DTLS Descriptive Top-Level Specification. 5 _: n( I5 g* ^3 z# u6 |DTMF Data Tone Multiple Frequency (TelComm/Computer term). H/ R7 l) z' z& T9 DDTO Defense Technology Objectives. , x: S& ]1 T5 K/ ^* b+ }DTOC Division Tactical Operations Center.9 x7 T, e& [; G' d- J# I, Y9 B DTR (1) Demonstration Test Round. (2) Development Test Round.7 m3 P. S6 E, g$ _9 E T DTRM Dual Thrust Rocket Motor.5 b' i) R; ]# W1 K* B DTSA Defense Technology Security Administration./ |) A2 ~ v' a3 r3 n DTSE&E Director, Test Systems Engineering and Evaluation.% ] B/ k* A7 F" @5 ~; `9 j/ C DTST Defensive Technologies Study Team. 6 h: L0 F% N- C' B- uDTT Design-To Threat) F. G) b- ~ A1 b6 y7 W: T DTWT Dual Traveling Wave Tube (Electronics Engineering term). C* W7 `& T5 w3 z9 m; c# B/ `* Z' ^4 U3 EDU Depleted Uranium.: c/ X8 ~4 S7 i0 u* ^" z+ S6 m- h DUA Design Upgrade Assessment.* Y( p% W+ @+ n: ^ Dual Source Two contractors producing the same components or end items for the same ) M! L* x; l4 Gprogram. / ?' ~2 T, E) E' s1 V; HDUNDEE Down Under Early Warning Experiment (MDA/DSTO term). - d) B: {- z3 s: k2 GDURIP Defense University Research Instrumentation Program. ; J w& W" {& I+ eDUSD Deputy Under Secretary of Defense. , M' q4 J, _" Z9 c+ PDUSD (ES) Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Environmental Security).1 v6 g5 x8 J5 _7 `$ k# } DVAL Demonstration Validation. : g9 P3 s# {! W7 @2 `. RDX The highest rating under the DPAS. It takes preference over all other rated and: w5 [, v1 W9 W6 J not rated orders on a contractor’s production line. The BMD program carries a! t- t- z7 u) K6 `6 d" ?; A$ u “DX” rating.9 Z! M2 T- L& X2 J. N MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E

使用道具 举报

39#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:04:59 |只看该作者
87 * R9 b5 J' \6 `1 F8 v' KE East 6 K4 O6 Z; }$ t+ U4 Q2 D: ?7 _# cE2 I See Endo-Exoatmospheric Interceptor. + b8 d6 q& |5 _& p' q: o- Q ]- TE2SRD Effectively Two-System Requirement Document.4 j6 |6 e$ R2 Y, \( J, L0 P E3 (1) Electromagnetic Environmental Effects.- P6 w$ b" M1 }" N/ } (2) Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical. 6 x8 P9 @" l, c( u1 UE Spec Materiel Specification. : o1 y+ o4 o2 Y! E6 hEA (1) Environmental Assessment. $ [1 `- k$ P0 L5 ^" f2 C, P% u! F(2) Engagement Authorization. 9 O0 p. P* {1 e- R9 I) }(3) Executing Agent.: ^, a% \! H Z- Q/ d& k (4) Evolutionary Acquisition. g! I! g# \$ H! i) n; W(5) Environmental Analysis (environmental term).5 y$ J2 P" u# w7 \, A9 g (6) Executive Agent. + N. R/ [* G4 S8 T% LEAC Estimated Cost at Completion.; \0 e" R8 M% U+ T9 c& j' D- ^: E EAD (1) Engineering Analysis and Design. (2) Extended air defense. 9 E( F0 N/ t1 I* R, k- I4 CEAD/D Engineering, Analysis, Design and Development.; u6 W' @( K$ u, S" q EADSIM Extended Air Defense Simulation.6 O2 f$ W: T0 q1 [* I- T. O EADTB Extended Air Defense Test Bed. An object-oriented simulation tool allowing3 @+ M! K( G# { users to model military response to airborne and ballistic missile threats. ! r& q9 B: u: C c8 |EADTBP Extended Air Defense Test Bed Program.4 `* R: t2 R3 v! z" k" C EAGLE Extended Airborne Global Launch Evaluator.9 G4 |6 y% \( j2 o) ?& L& y EAM Emergency Action Message. 4 `! ~9 e1 x' n3 B/ `3 J. L' `% gEAR Export Administration Regulations. % p* g) M( K8 N2 c2 wEarly Operational ; @0 L% G0 @* @2 X, w( @Assessment. g1 }: a& ~1 Z" g An operational assessment conducted prior to, or in support of, Milestone II.( J# w$ ^$ H( [* r' L2 l1 E Early User Test 6 f# b: T1 C; \, Z; ^(EUT)* i2 R+ A1 w! N* _& q/ _ A test employing representative users to examine materiel concepts, training or( e9 q' V! I0 f# l3 `; H logistics planning, or inter-operability issues. EUT can be accomplished during0 i3 k9 i0 ?0 g DEM/VAL on brassboard configurations, experimental prototypes, or surrogates ' P- M9 e/ I1 rto provide data leading to the decision to enter full-scale development. 1 ?; }; a$ t1 q% t f9 ZEarly Warning (1) Early detection of an enemy ballistic missile launch, usually by means of* Q3 w/ _/ k6 A/ F& Y surveillance satellites and long range radar.6 T7 U) v# y7 o+ g/ D0 e (2) Early notification of the launch or approach of unknown weapons or% x$ [/ f* Z0 S5 ` weapon carriers.* Z9 R+ r( J- S& T Earth Limb The apparent outer edge of the earth as viewed from space. " I2 ~# u$ F& g T! T6 @8 GEastern Test & ]7 T/ C" m9 x3 @ m p8 I) PRange (ETR)1 @0 v1 {: t5 i. J Beginning at Patrick AFB, FL, this range stretches halfway around the globe + a& x, ]3 C; ^! R& h" }8 i0 |) _where it meets the Western Test Range. An array of launch complexes, sensors,( w: s% i1 A. l5 ^$ D/ C, Q and tracking sites make up the Eastern Test Range. The ETR is now operated ! c5 [" E) V1 p* Y. lby AFSPACECOM as shown in WTR definition.5 C7 T z( E* A P MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E 2 H' ? t5 w& a0 n0 `889 }! i1 \# y1 r! @ EB (1) Electron Beam. (2) Enhanced Blast.& u% A5 E. A5 F7 I% v EBB Electronic Bulletin Board. + d4 m9 N- I; l) [7 l$ QEBCDIC Extended Binary Code Decimal Interchange Code. # W: g/ S; l+ `+ M% ^EBW Electron Beam Welding. 9 [% ^1 w) z6 q! K8 O* ^EC (1) Electronic Combat. ) c3 ?0 S4 K* v" a6 ^8 Y! X" T(2) Error Control. 2 v5 H0 s! k" y, @( F% Z$ o(3) OBSOLETE. European Community. Now known as the European Union 8 k& U# X7 J- `" u& r(EU). . U5 o! I$ R0 k% BEC/EDI Electronic Commerce/Electronic Data Interchange ) X' Z8 Y/ G, V3 HECAC Electromagnetic Compatibility Analysis Center. 4 t; r6 d; f8 W) w; `; q' EECB Engineering Change Board.& l+ L+ m f1 J7 k" m ECC (1) Equipment Control Center. (2) Element Control Center (USAF term).- D' [; I8 Z' R$ L0 e ECCM Electronic Counter-Countermeasures. . F8 | c7 @" L0 iECDs Element Control Directives. - {( K s1 U; VECLS ERINT Command and Launch System." L0 j" |1 w( u" H- o; F3 D ECM Electronic Countermeasures.7 K/ K6 M0 u4 E9 R" X9 G8 F% u ECN Engineering Change Notice./ F2 B p! K( J2 P) u ECO Engagement Control Orders.9 ^% p& L/ e8 l6 p+ w0 j ECP (1) Engineering Change Proposal. (2) Emergency Command Precedence.& g; w$ v/ ~% s( S H ECPMO Electronic Commerce Program Management Office. / X: Q. `8 |; X- M( L SECS Engagement Control Station (PATRIOT).0 e% z4 K2 C1 X! D) f ECU Environmental Control Unit. / v- t! N( H- Q5 J0 d5 c3 l1 ~EDAC Error Detection and Correction# S6 B. k6 v/ i6 W4 R; d EDGES Electronic Data/Guidelines for Element Survivability./ g0 O f% `# h2 e* D, ` EDL Electrical Discharge Laser" F! v) ?& x+ L/ x5 P0 U EDM Engineering Development Model.( X( j2 \5 _% k P6 G( T) b EDP Engineering Development Process1 x: S5 y+ G0 g+ H# O1 ` EDR Embedded Data Recorder (PATRIOT).; p9 Z0 X5 s1 a! s' h EDS Electronic Data Systems Corporation . j1 G3 _- W2 s0 ^5 O, VEDWA Engagement Determination and Weapons Assignment (PATRIOT). : Q$ ~: B2 T& l8 }5 B7 n4 a2 G( X" qMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E - o6 G( [+ b9 H- {89) W+ T2 {( B! R. E# S3 ]4 y/ W( s EDX Exoatmospheric Discrimination Experiment1 J7 D5 m7 c: ~: u) ], R( | EE (1) Electrical Engineering. (2) Engineering Estimate. 9 w |0 U# c A# SEED Electro-Explosive Device.) L$ J$ w" _2 y& c% A0 Y3 _1 ] EEEV End-to-End Experimental Version. $ l5 v4 `) q* i. H, k, S. d4 r! R7 D3 mEEFI Essential Elements of Friendly Information.) J& k s! t) A. X0 B) Q3 g8 _ EEI Essential Elements of Information. ' Y* W. U0 f& |7 D' l3 ^0 W0 w2 cEEIC Element of Expense Investment Code. 1 l/ h4 ~ }% d/ S: P) VEELV Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (USAF term) * |5 A/ u d, q! i: U% REEU Electronic Equipment Unit. 5 @( ?# r# t, ^1 F6 @ _4 JEFEX Endo-Aeromechanics Flight Experiment.& k; y T$ ]& M3 A, g: q EFF Electronic Frontier Foundation.$ C( }2 r3 s, p# A; }* l Effectivity A designation given to the BMDS configuration and demonstrated capability at d' H" e: N+ n a point in time, becoming effective at each increment when an element or- U+ U5 d+ I0 R# k! l" h component is inserted into a particular Block.9 ?7 L! r. F/ I, w Effective Damage That damage necessary to render a target element inoperative, unserviceable,- i8 K7 a) p1 U4 v! n" H' P ?- f nonproductive, or uninhabitable.6 O6 v) ~: o7 g/ c( u- v* `5 K Effluent Plume The pathway of movement of effluents through surface water or air. 3 f2 p8 c% _: w! I4 G, _EFP Explosively Formed Projectile.1 G* i# Y$ Q$ H( R) q, A EGP End Game Processor.+ B6 T# y- R# h EGTR Eglin [AFB] Gulf Test Range. 5 K$ H) d- V$ y" T8 o. kEHC Enhance Hit Capability (USN term, related to SM2 Block IVA).5 {9 S7 A5 P* T- M5 ~( L EHF Extremely High Frequency. / G9 k6 e q+ H* Q6 ^- r( h; Gehp Equivalent Horsepower.1 |2 G- x. O0 t* A1 }$ l EIA (1) Environmental Impact Assessment.! @5 s& ^! V9 y (2) Electronic Industries Association. ) l7 L. S1 M; q% ?& iEIAP Environmental Impact Analysis Process. % O3 I( u& E& \: y: g( f* QEIP Exoatmospheric Interceptor Propulsion. , I* W, ^8 E: z4 t: iEIPC Electronic Information Privacy Center. 1 L) V) N: @# I: ZEIPT (1) Element IPT. (2) Engineering IPT.) w0 d% U0 H7 w6 Q EIS (1) Environmental Impact Statement. (2) Explosive Initiation System./ X2 O/ J6 b2 h& R EISA Extended Industry Standard Architecture (Telecomm/Computer term). u5 o: d" W R0 d; V5 F9 k. WMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E ! g/ U; Q: y& \# B90$ V' J- D6 n2 Q" g7 s0 j EKV (1) Electromagnetic Kill Vehicle. (2) Exoatmospheric Kill Vehicle.$ n- m8 e" p5 B; A/ S Elastic Range The stress range in which a material will recover its original form when the force5 @( G6 D2 | v0 b (or loading) is removed. Elastic deformation refers to dimensional changes, N* f$ G3 d/ T! p1 w3 o occurring within the elastic range." B. N- O, q3 @ Electro-Optics1 L2 }1 H7 m+ `$ i# _7 e. ]$ F Infrared (EO/IR)8 u' f: q& Q: e' k Technologies/techniques employed by optical sensors in the wavelength 9 U2 S( X+ Z, L% ~% K espectrum slightly longer than visible but shorter than radio.* w+ b! @' D6 F0 g# p Electromagnetic, u. _" i1 ^( V Compatibility3 W1 P+ L# {5 O% m (EMC) * v5 o* l) ?/ Q5 M: e" ^$ mA condition when all electromagnetic emissions from electronic, electro-magnetic,# p! { J1 C" E and electro-optical components of a system interact without interfering with one ( `- F8 {! ^- `7 w0 J, n# i& {1 ?another. ! {0 R! [% P+ r4 ]6 Q/ a MElectromagnetic 3 l6 W6 D [, b/ W1 u0 MEmanations) _6 X' [! E4 Z! l3 j- l) @ Signals transmitted as radiation through the air, through a vacuum, or through m4 B) t: r3 E1 |+ Y& k conductors. ; k( d) f2 l$ ?2 l1 M1 pElectromagnetic 9 d1 O3 y" A2 i* X0 UField (EMF)5 d8 P" n v* x0 i' P/ o, t% y An electric or magnetic field or combination of the two, as in an electromagnetic ; k+ c( x; _2 x$ p% l3 `2 t) K8 uwave. Created by electric charges in motion, having both electric and magnetic' @, M+ V% S4 Z- Z( i8 y components oriented at right angles to one another and containing a definite+ u2 U. P) t( H, k# G" | amount of energy.; M9 w- |3 _4 f Electromagnetic U& r4 y7 }8 i3 c# \- yGun (EMG)* U. N, M2 l2 T, o# U- Z$ B+ Q) h( J A gun in which the projectile is accelerated by electromagnetic forces rather than ; k+ V- L0 f( f# vby an explosion, as in a conventional gun. p- i8 e% x8 x$ E* iElectromagnetic7 i8 P& H+ O" Z5 M9 V Interference (EMI) 9 f8 i4 Q: s( MAny electromagnetic disturbance that interrupts, obstructs, or otherwise, `8 ~+ j1 V1 B( F4 a% O degrades or limits the effective performance of electronics/electrical equipment.+ f" D+ W: A- o9 n5 U& m% T( N It can be induced intentionally, as in some forms of electronic warfare, or3 m6 |3 v: _" G" }9 W# k' h unintentionally, as a result of spurious emissions and responses, intermodulation products, and the like. 8 P; I$ h2 Y4 t$ ^% w& KElectromagnetic6 W, Y0 `' ^6 H% M0 A& p# b2 ^' }' t Pulse (EMP), x/ E( F; ~( W0 }9 i4 V& z The electromagnetic radiation from a nuclear explosion caused by Comptonrecoil electrons and photoelectrons from photons scattered in the materials of0 }. n* g. e2 U the nuclear device or in a surrounding medium. The resulting electric and & l1 r( C- L& [' @! s" Gmagnetic fields may couple with electrical/electronic systems to produce0 C+ K, ^% z m6 K, o! ?. M damaging current and voltage surges. May also be caused by non-nuclear : V0 M/ {- K& {means.

使用道具 举报

40#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:05:12 |只看该作者
Electromagnetic 5 H7 x1 W2 x* O/ MRadiation (EMR) 9 K }5 `) D9 {' \9 Q% H(1) A form of propagated energy, arising from electric charges in motion that" P/ \/ z1 f! R/ D produces a simultaneous wavelike variation of electric and magnetic t3 b) r* C8 T( q Y$ L6 i4 F fields in space. The highest frequencies (or shortest wavelengths) of 2 u0 ]% H: r: m/ hsuch radiation are possessed by gamma rays, which originate from) C) |0 T$ o3 `* p" t% U processes within atomic nuclei. As one goes to lower frequencies, the( }9 V& o i) A5 m electromagnetic spectrum includes x-rays, ultraviolet light, visible light, : r5 w$ L" D2 r% Q# Ninfrared light, microwaves, and radio waves. : {% Z( h4 k. w8 N2 S: e1 U(2) Radiation made up of oscillating electric and magnetic fields and! p; |2 g0 I. V8 G! i$ Q propagated with the speed of light. Includes gamma radiation, X-rays,. e! `9 u- M' S ultraviolet, visible, and infrared radiation, and radar and radio waves. + S q8 @5 v, X. l2 u2 n0 \Electromagnetics Application of electrical, electronic, and magnetic phenomena to develop devices I6 S; ?6 r+ o2 z @0 f" z$ B used in system/subsystem design, excluding employment in the RF spectrum. - N' V a' z8 \* s: g, i# A2 UElectromagnetic( M$ y9 V0 l+ F Spectrum % p4 U% D$ V6 k; T( H1 C2 ZThe range of frequencies of electromagnetic radiation from zero to infinity. It is7 P. M# `7 }' B: J. a8 i# f divided into 26 alphabetically designated bands./ M# T! G8 N, q- e MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E 3 O' z% ?" d; `7 K4 D& |917 K; D) M2 n, G7 W9 i Electronic $ u" F7 s2 {6 X- BCounter-. O- B. X$ c1 _# ]' n Countermeasure 2 F2 d) D+ V* P3 W0 vs (ECCM) 8 t' Z: r0 F2 o1 ^& @' UThat division of electronic warfare involving actions taken to insure friendly # P+ j+ h+ u, c3 X3 peffective use of the electromagnetic, optical, and acoustic spectra despite the + Y" q& L- I- n0 r- q Oenemy’s use of electronic warfare to include high power microwave techniques. 3 B! N1 X. T$ R/ _, G% g/ oElectronic; C8 p; R( y' b4 E Countermeasure7 O1 d$ S. ?: Q/ ] (ECM): _# z4 K! n$ ]! b0 q That division of electronic warfare involving actions taken to prevent or reduce an0 w% l$ q, V3 g% Y enemy’s effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.+ X7 ?" g4 a3 h" c# Z. A/ u Electronic & g0 a! {& h; K; o+ \' HIndustries ' F5 d) C" Y+ N' {; {2 SAssociation (EIA) " }$ K2 F3 g/ n d. \A standards organization specializing in the electrical and functional - l/ [+ o8 y, B5 F$ hcharacteristics of interface equipment." {* o3 S4 h7 m Electronic : H0 a, `5 m5 F4 A D/ J' QWarfare (EW) 5 V, t9 L6 b! U& S. X% Y Z3 n& BAny military activity involving the use of electromagnetic and directed energy to 2 u8 o2 R% w( z6 ]# ccontrol the electromagnetic spectrum or to attack the enemy. The three major, ~5 e }, ]) e8 U9 Z- o1 ] subdivisions are:( N& \; g* `$ W0 d$ Q •Electronic attack – Involves the use of electromagnetic or directed energy to + Z- _" b' g9 |+ @6 I" q# R4 ]attack personnel, facilities, or equipment with the intent of degrading, 0 J0 g' N, _3 U' a: a. p' g+ _/ Hneutralizing, or destroying enemy combat capability. Also known as EA. : {' F* ~- ]) \) ^/ F: r* VIncludes: 1) actions taken to prevent or reduce an enemy’s effective use of * }- v& x, {7 z+ n% b" Othe electromagnetic spectrum, such as jamming and electromagnetic1 G! W$ `: c! t" o( G2 h3 B deception, and 2) employment of weapons that use either electromagnetic or; G8 h; V0 ]! m' Y# k: ], A8 w4 `0 U directed energy as their primary destructive mechanism (lasers, radio & S4 P9 |- g( ]" \% c- ufrequency weapons, particle beams).6 l2 q' ^3 d* A S4 w& l8 {# y2 c+ J5 ]( o •Electronic protection -- Involves actions taken to protect personnel, facilities, 1 C. P K( o/ Zand equipment from any effects of friendly or enemy employment of # |. S2 g; m& \; E5 qelectronic warfare that degrade, neutralize, or destroy friendly combat " d, w. j; Y$ i G A/ Bcapability. Also called EP. # |7 S+ d: h# P/ t) y, D: r•Electronic warfare support – Involves actions tasked by, or under direct 0 z- F" U. y0 Wcontrol of, an operational commander to search for, intercept, identify, and: d! `3 h6 b S6 t, | locate sources of intentional and unintentional radiated electromagnetic $ S* j! n" x* Q; E# p# n& oenergy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition. Thus, electronic * z% ]2 n% k" W( Q$ T% lwarfare support provides information required for immediate decisions , Y2 \( C/ B+ R. ]involving electronic warfare operations and other tactical actions such as+ c, N! ~1 x0 j8 X& ^ threat avoidance, targeting, and homing. Also called ES. ! I- x+ F) ^$ @# l0 ?Electronic 5 R9 \5 w8 ^4 |$ h: t8 r# H/ QWarfare (EW)0 x$ E- w9 V+ } Environments6 y: t7 C6 o9 j4 Y Electronic warfare environments result from radar and communications jamming, x- [: x% z5 V1 p( m) C2 l' T and other related electromagnetic countermeasures and countercountermeasures. Currently, radar jamming is the sole EW threat for the NMD 5 K# z" K/ k3 q, Q {9 ~! q4 Hsystem.. h; q4 F4 A' D- ^2 a7 x Electronics " G5 Z. r$ F; e) ]$ f4 X* CIntelligence + V, j* D+ g- r& [! `(ELINT) , M# ~0 O8 w0 C5 x4 ]! q* [4 w3 PTechnical and geo-location intelligence derived from foreign non-communications % U$ U+ ?4 g2 a, [" Y4 G/ relectromagnetic radiations emanating from other than nuclear detonations or ( H% e4 Q% }) c4 }, M% tradioactive sources. , h/ i3 v% k9 y4 O9 o( c' a, b1 gElectronics 1 ]( U, Y8 \$ b! N% cSecurity (ELSEC). s# f; Q6 X" H+ ~# Q9 A The protection resulting from all measures designed to deny unauthorized: ]! e5 [: {1 b* v8 P persons information of value that might be derived from their interception and. D( l: b( p$ w3 e3 p* v; g& O study of non-communications electromagnetic radiations, e.g. radar. 3 `. L+ c/ n8 p- F# S- hElectro-Optics ( M8 h3 ~4 b5 c' SInfrared (EO/IR)( q; R) I% i" @, t9 R$ s& } u+ H+ \ Technologies/techniques employed by optical sensors in the wavelength' h" Q! J* K) }+ r spectrum slightly longer than visible but shorter than radio. ) b: s1 s* Y1 @* j9 |1 F& ?! Q% PMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E : H* ]; t* c0 Q4 Q7 ]92. R5 _( Y& }$ I; Y Element A complete, integrated set of components capable of autonomously providing) d# q+ t, A( u h* f BMDS capability. , b0 ^- _: B3 V. b5 ~& {, iElement / Q+ A* K T* M9 N3 ~/ FCapability8 y/ Q6 q: Q8 Z Specification9 o O& _. L5 |6 L; Q (ECS)0 R6 V3 y d6 a0 \! Y A document that identifies the element-level BMDS capabilities and7 i8 q5 X8 ]' ^, A8 T( V specifications necessary to achieve the system capabilities identified in the SCS.9 U8 V# T2 g U& U# t! s' c7 b The ECS further defines the SCS-apportioned mission/technical performance $ a i" s$ A+ E; m @, @, ~capabilities and allocates these capabilities to the element’s components.* w- r9 S6 x8 N; M0 R/ H+ \* e i1 l- B Element Control5 q, R3 o: } c! Z0 d6 K Directives (ECDs) ! Y1 b* C7 r3 s: ^% q9 J5 `# k! K5 _1 K( mThe command and control data instructions to control the conduct of the6 ~# `5 U2 O, _8 l engagement. ECDs are developed by command and control software based$ ^" h: [( z( z0 h. v; N upon variable parameter input by the operators (both pre-planned and real time),5 ^* X/ ?! S( H- J( Z and operator defined rule sets embedded in the software. The individual battle9 O# \1 z' a# [& ? management processors use these instructions to accomplish the assigned tasks , l3 F2 M# a- Q+ v9 Mfrom the operations order. ECDs are contained within a Task and represent the2 O) l) K, q9 i' d) [ form of parameter values that influence the resource management processes of3 y4 r# H8 V: c9 R+ a' ^ Weapon Target Assignment (WTA), Sensor Resource Management (SRM), and 4 z, T0 f6 v, K, X% K: S% dCommunications Management (CM). There will be numerous ECDs per Task. 9 @. G" F& M# T$ {/ [' OElement u7 t, x! [! u, L Operations 7 O1 ^! t/ O3 ]2 S$ _Center (EOC) . c |9 F. c. c5 m& A6 [& K2 G2 _, KAn Air Force operations center, which operates and maintains a BMD weapon or # d8 z& k% d$ t6 qsensor suite. (USSPACECOM) ; J# U ^, \- [! D. j$ X/ {ELF Extremely Low Frequency.1 I2 p, B) b9 @3 ^: |! Y ELIAS Earth Limb Infrared Atomic Structure.# _: @0 @9 r6 a! G* l! Q ELINFOSEC Electronic Information Security. + b2 [( t7 ~+ y M! V/ V6 @+ RELINT Electronics Intelligence.

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

Archiver|航空论坛 ( 渝ICP备10008336号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 17:34 , Processed in 0.046800 second(s), 9 queries .