找回密码
 注册
搜索
楼主: 帅哥
打印 上一主题 下一主题

航空缩略语词典 [复制链接]

31#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:02:37 |显示全部楼层
COMSAT Communications Satellite Corporation ( ?' u. Z! n# T4 x9 g' pCOMSEC Communications Security. & q% X+ f, W2 t. o2 L) e* v! ?; WConcept+ ^, s8 W h) e' s p( A Exploration &) f: Y: H8 l& j Definition6 z0 m& d$ Y ~) K, p5 d The initial phase (Phase 0) of the system acquisition process, beginning at $ i4 I" l1 G8 LMission Need Determination. During this phase, the acquisition strategy is+ `/ V- L5 c, A6 N( F9 _ developed, system alternatives are proposed and examined, and the system / U* M1 A: c/ r7 F: { Bprogram requirements document is expanded to support subsequent phases.2 ~ k d8 }- W Concept of- p4 F+ [0 H7 d3 f3 b Operations 8 |7 L7 A! L& u4 Z" G8 m(CONOPS)% f8 X' L" V) N0 }3 I) @ (1) A statement, in broad outline, of a commander’s outline or intent in regard to" [9 w+ h3 b: `0 y! h an operation or series of operations. The concept is designed to give an overall* r3 [; v7 D, K8 |# p* r( C7 } picture of the operation. (MDA Lexicon)7 C2 g( v) h a9 e4 R h (2) A verbal or graphic statement, in broad outline, of a commander’s: f t: ~. h. B+ o* }4 l: y. f assumptions or intent in regard to an operation or series of operations. The0 }* V- b t5 U' n1 m9 @ concept of operations frequently is embodied in campaign plans and operation . b- W. r- T6 ?* V8 oplans; in the later case, particularly when the plans cover a series of connected ( x# ^/ _0 n) w0 d5 q1 _operations to be carried out simultaneously or in succession. The concept is4 k" s# e5 g6 G6 F7 c* F4 \ designed to give an overall picture of the operation. It is included primarily for 8 d$ u5 r* l% g2 xadditional clarity of purpose.8 V$ B; ]8 P. z) ~ Concept Plan An operation plan in concept format. Also called CONPLAN. 6 v- x9 H; P+ z G$ `Concurrency Part of an acquisition strategy which combines or overlaps two or more phases of 7 k/ C" V9 U! R) c* ^" nthe acquisition process, or combines development T&E with operational T&E.- ]' X e8 p! d Concurrent - ?4 p9 {5 r, Y* R. H( W: tEngineering6 W0 m4 J; u; s' L; ?4 F4 Y* I A systematic approach to the integrated, simultaneous design of products and 2 q, J4 r9 I; dtheir related processes, including manufacture and support. This approach is 2 Y9 H. A2 v! I6 g! P, z4 q5 Qintended to cause developers, from the beginning, to consider all elements of$ u' a8 e0 T# t$ D/ R the system life cycle from requirements development through dispersal, including ! k$ j6 X; h5 S- \cost, schedule, and performance. 8 M/ M7 z8 U9 y2 Z* n: qCONEX CONOPS Exerciser. ; n. ?% X+ }% K; g! D/ EConfiguration A collection of an item’s descriptive and governing characteristics, which can be 9 h, l G* x$ Y' y$ y O6 U/ Zexpressed in functional terms (i.e., what performance the item is expected to 6 T2 q+ _6 g( \! z, L) vachieve); and in physical terms (i.e., what the item should look like and consist of) A, Y( t' K- L7 ~& t( r when it is built).7 j- g$ |4 r% M! E8 w8 F T# P MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C 0 i2 j4 W. B/ f) W8 x/ f/ W590 I6 c* s9 ^7 J. D Configuration 9 D* ?, B& D! ?Audit0 G4 I; f* |5 c% @ One of the Configuration Management tasks which includes a functional D# }6 e" }, {3 sconfiguration audit (FCA) to validate that the development of a configuration item + n8 E7 B a. [7 U3 {has been completed satisfactorily and that the configuration item has achieved * Z1 S: z, i, e) Oto specified performance and functional characteristics, and also includes a" O5 w. T# \/ h4 g1 p7 P7 D' G j! x physical configuration audit (PCA) to verify that the configuration item “As Built”4 f4 f+ B! k$ {- H conforms to the technical documentation which defines the configuration item.7 h; X& J, V$ `4 a Configuration; _6 C3 ]8 S1 } Baseline; a+ v4 f* K: f6 [0 a; X( ~% p9 |- A8 D The configuration documentation formally designated by the Government at a" u$ L: ]) I/ ?1 R) j: f4 H, U specific time during a system’s or configuration item’s life cycle. Configuration6 ]+ V3 R7 J$ C1 [+ G baselines, plus approved changes from those baselines, constitute the current 1 O& w0 ~0 j; }/ _, d, M2 O' W( ~configuration baselines, namely the functional, allocated, and product baselines.) X! S2 \2 K, U1 S& m Configuration , r0 b8 _0 v' P) I" s6 r% FControl n8 b+ _* ~9 u0 o One of the Configuration Management tasks that involves the systematic 2 i4 n8 K- f& ~7 Z' o! }4 g( e/ vevaluation, coordination, approval, or disapproval of proposed changes to the 4 L% _" ?, ]; C! D* Ldesign and construction of a configuration item whose configuration has been + G; b1 r1 b/ s. J; Gformally approved.5 m/ q% H( c; Z0 K( P' z Configuration% ?$ S+ y# v: c; t( ]0 Z9 d Identification Z, O/ Y. e' ^5 x2 N# kOne of the Configuration Management tasks, which require that for every( B6 B S$ L, Q$ c change that is made to an Automated Data processing (ADP) system, the design ' B( p9 S& d n0 u# A) \( o# {and requirements of the changed version of the system should be identified.! s5 @0 g* j/ R Configuration3 O# \9 |4 e2 I7 }# i2 o0 e) \ Item (CI) " M. L) ^3 \! sAn aggregation of system elements that satisfies an end use function and is0 n1 z1 v/ z) d( j designated by the Government for separate configuration management. T, Z- @7 b8 I& Z9 a$ I Configuration items vary widely in complexity, size, and type. Any item required 7 ^0 u1 ^+ O' J2 K9 Qfor logistic support and designated for separate procurement is a configuration' [3 Z, V6 Y6 Q5 j3 F0 C item. Configuration items are traceable to the work breakdown structure (WBS).0 i! ?( Y% ~% z2 D$ G Configuration a- n5 P5 a3 @. bManagement2 Z, F+ B8 y2 i- ^* M6 ? (CM)2 _! o5 X5 p/ {1 }1 D In computer modeling and simulation, a discipline applying technical and ! j& ], D: P( j. c4 ?6 E, A' P2 \administrative oversight and control to identify and document the functional 0 D" B# A) h5 T' c2 orequirements and capabilities of a model or simulation and its supporting . Q/ q. {) j8 \0 e+ x# {" mdatabases, control changes to those capabilities, and document and report the2 K9 i% g; }9 m8 ? changes. See also Accreditation.7 q9 v8 q+ I7 l9 B! s* Q* d CONOPS Concept of Operations.$ c, `6 x+ }4 |8 c, V CONPLAN Concept Plan ) A3 @8 H- l( S2 V* LCONS Contracting Squadron.# _8 C. u. V9 F I! B7 W1 B Consolidated 5 k) g! F# i: F) zCommand Center 1 q# n/ g7 y8 M(CCC) ( W/ F, M7 j7 n' V+ {8 E5 SA single command center from which USCINCSPACE/CINCNORAD can direct all 7 \- i* o9 e3 m2 ?. }his assigned missions, to include BMD. (USSPACECOM) Located in Colorado" u6 g8 `& m; h F: G! [7 B Springs, CO.! }7 A8 K! D0 a3 g" O4 b Consolidated ; |2 l- G: C8 P! c8 iIntelligence# X" e& z2 b- V6 o* @ Watch (CIW) $ h4 x& M/ D7 t% xA consolidation of intelligence watch functions within the Intelligence Operations Z2 H1 q8 ?# V! f$ O6 J; Z Center (IOC) consisting of the USSPACECOM ITW Center, the NORAD' U+ V; \7 p+ Q8 T" Y Aerospace Defense Intelligence Center (ADIC), and the Air Force Space2 R1 R H" j6 { Command Space Intelligence Element (SIE). 4 Z% d6 l9 y2 u3 { s6 ]4 Z5 lConsolidated - [' x3 R# q' Q+ y) o0 dSpace / X) P* J. `! x0 }& cOperations5 l) D' D% o+ L Center (CSOC)2 ]' ?' \ L; u+ ~7 f Series of centers at Falcon AFB, CO, which operationally control and maintain, U$ @6 z9 D' B, M% c2 j8 c* F8 e assigned DoD satellites.. A2 o# e$ P6 L8 j" g! }# M; n Consolidated, j* U0 r. U3 D, r Space Test# S$ a$ g$ u, R4 k+ B& D, R X Center (CSTC)/ q. c) B/ s6 C Series of centers at Onizuka AFB, CA (Sunnyvale), which support launch and 3 j8 R& E; g% z/ {( ^9 U, Ainitial on-orbit checkout of operational satellites, operate R&D satellites, and 5 y V! F6 i/ v' @) V- kserves as a backup to CSOC for operational DoD satellites. u- L1 I; S1 i( UMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C; J2 b$ {1 t, j$ L* J @2 w: M$ B* r 60/ T/ {% G0 v" H: q7 f ? Constellation. v0 Z6 h" X: Q" B% s Size (CSIZE) % C0 l1 q6 U: H! ?1 ?- a1 m9 V$ wThe number of satellites of a particular system placed in orbit about the earth.# ]0 k9 _# e/ m8 ^! s1 A Contact Fuse Device used to detonate warhead on physical contact with another object.: R9 S. Z `) ~1 [. h9 _* b4 [ Contingency/ e# }" R9 s) R: \ Deployment Plan3 M" _! M7 [! _4 E4 ~ (CDP) 7 d- F/ S3 ~2 N6 r0 ] YAn executable plan designed to deploy an early missile defense capability and ! b) ?+ u/ _/ P, ^reduce deployment time. The plan provides specific executable deployment7 V8 l; Q. {6 X$ L" \# y5 j options and describes activities required before and after a deployment decision.7 K3 b6 Q0 c0 f, T% A The plan also allows decision makers to have oversight on technical progress,' ^! a! W) i+ c* |" y cost, schedule, and risks associated with a deployment system.6 y2 T3 W* Q# g; v% z' i4 l+ V Continuity of( N* s1 o6 l; _. T( p1 f$ K Command 7 Z% c, Z; ?" i" Q5 vThe degree or state of being continuous in the exercise of the authority vested8 B( a9 J8 q! K! v+ W- L in an individual of the armed forces for the direction, coordination, and control of , h7 [' H* _" f G* K& M1 G9 W9 emilitary forces. " b% r, q: E: N5 H U4 i0 n% h& ?Continuity of+ I# E. b- B& `" J& C0 A Operations ) v7 t% O$ m h0 N4 t2 NThe degree or state of being continuous in the conduct of functions, tasks, or ! H/ D, {; |# }9 l, ^6 _$ ]3 n5 Pduties necessary to accomplish a military action or mission in carrying out the. E' }) B/ a. l0 C5 C% ~ national military strategy. It includes the functions and duties of the commander,$ t# B$ d+ H" D$ q7 x' i* F( V as well as the supporting functions and duties performed by the staff and others" }. e8 ~5 Q/ X# D: B acting under the authority and direction of the commander.! m, U- l8 H3 @. C# i/ ]3 Z Contract / ~5 \/ y$ _4 s4 jAdministration 9 e+ l6 F$ p1 j$ k% E; _5 q' QOffice (CAO)( ` G* f6 T) u+ O The activity identified in the DoD Directory of Contract Administration Services' `" z' T7 Q( n6 s4 C2 i& { Components assigned to perform contract administration responsibilities. It is a 4 X9 c5 V$ O1 y) H- u( ^general term and includes Defense Contract Management Regions (DCMRs), 0 W3 A& l5 j! p4 L5 X- L( X1 v; E$ S0 kDefense Contract Management Area Operations (DCMAOs), and Defense Plant ( I: k5 K h$ O6 k9 M W2 KRepresentative Offices (DPROs). (Defense Systems Management College % X4 a, E+ y9 z, A( `- D2 _Glossary)# H& D H5 |2 k9 n( y Contract Data ' }- {! _0 q/ R0 Z. GRequirements 0 B5 G; t; j" S9 w" vList (CDRL) " v3 i7 w9 ~. U7 BDocument used to order (“buy”) and require delivery of data. Tells contractor% }0 C- v+ q: M8 l- m9 o4 C* f! x what data to deliver, when and how it will be accepted, where to look for 3 G0 l. b6 D6 F0 l Winstructions, etc. ' g E* [( D8 Q6 SContract $ d: I. _ q8 @Definition; l* y& u7 P4 K- v9 N" E- C A funded effort, normally by two or more competing contractors, to establish ; ^) b' Q* @7 C, ~. u4 [3 Q1 Bspecifications, to select technical approaches, to identify high-risk areas, and to ; B( L \( _& jmake cost and production time estimates for developing large weapons systems.; e, l5 V; C4 L Contract Work h1 D# _8 u( `$ {2 b) I* K Breakdown, ?! }3 h, u: l0 t7 a Structure * x+ d% L8 d2 ^$ WThe complete WBS for a contract developed and used by a contractor within the # K. d& d4 V& p$ D4 M7 hguidelines of MIL-STD 881A, and in accordance with the contract statement of% Y: m8 M( Q& |2 G1 M* v work.& k; Z* ^; B6 t2 V Contracting % O+ p$ v5 U' Z9 ?8 i& V) P2 |Officer (CO)" v2 s, K$ Q1 P8 k* o9 J6 `) n A person with the authority to enter into, administer, or terminate contracts and" X. a- p" d$ v& `1 O( J* K make related determinations and findings. The term includes any authorized * h4 T; b" Z0 G* ^! Arepresentatives of the CO acting within the limits of their authority. A CO whose " o5 {4 p6 {# H4 bprimary responsibility is to administer contracts is an Administrative Contracting 9 V2 d" n* v' W+ o, nOfficer. One whose primary responsibility is to terminate contracts and/or settle* `. Q- X; T/ B7 [( [0 F terminated contracts is a Termination Contracting Officer. A single contracting2 R* m* D2 E5 K* D$ y officer may be responsible for duties in any or all of these areas. ' g3 q2 J: o& \2 w. ]' S3 O: `Control Authority that may be less than full command exercised by a commander over 1 [8 u9 H, j" l, T. g T/ }* h* Jpart of the activities of subordinate or other organizations.. n B2 Z" H, @" `* P+ p. B4 X$ P: V Control 4 `+ H5 Y# A. E' n' U- WAbstraction/ N1 u7 w! {) I4 p (Software) The process of extracting the essential characteristics of control by ! z/ t- t3 S0 {$ s! {# |defining abstract mechanisms and their associated characteristics while " {0 a/ Z; u5 B) K# Bdisregarding low-level details and the entities to be controlled.

使用道具 举报

32#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:02:52 |显示全部楼层
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C/ ^3 M0 x8 _1 ^ 61) N* t: ]0 d e" T Control and 1 |( X- Z. c8 i# Z3 `Reporting Center) B1 _0 q- r5 K+ j( y9 F An element of the US Air Force tactical air control system, subordinate to the: l0 p! S% }. B# S tactical air control center, from which radar control and warning operations are 2 y. j9 M2 a- {9 X' L! |# sconducted within its area of responsibility. ; w6 P9 }1 G( y) {% SControl and 6 s" e0 _2 `& Y( N+ cReporting Post / J; J) h: \7 k- s0 i% ]An element of the US Air Force tactical air control system, subordinate to the# K5 o, e0 b. j control and reporting center, that provides radar control and surveillance within ; K5 I9 n0 U& n) }& y. sits area of responsibility. 3 m- @% g* H U1 a. @7 W0 ?Control Area A controlled airspace extending upwards from a specified limit above the Earth.+ u* m! |( G: A5 H9 m& _ Controlled$ K- o% N2 o5 a$ | Environment % p% ?# g$ d+ F5 a) s6 s7 |0 \Area where entry into the radiation hazard area is controlled. 2 t, m* m. ]2 q, Q- h! v5 o+ F% p* ~% ^Control) d+ M0 ^% {+ i3 A Procedure% L' K; M* E: M) a7 C8 }7 I The means used to control the orderly communication of information between # g9 g7 y, M0 i# r# Ustations on a data link. Also called line discipline.8 x) U# Z9 h# { Control Station The station on a network, which supervises the network control procedures such; t' z1 {: N6 t9 Z* m7 D as polling, selecting, and recovery. It also is responsible for establishing order; @& k# M! r, Q* B; }. z% ^ on the line in the event of contention, or any other abnormal situation, arising : h# u/ T$ [1 I8 k0 xbetween any stations on the network.- a9 t+ {2 D$ l Control Zone The space, expressed in feet or radius, that surrounds equipment that is used to / v* _1 k1 R( F+ G: z. R* Aprocess sensitive defense information and that is under sufficient physical and6 O6 h: B5 f. r, F. h7 N# g technical control to preclude an unauthorized entry or compromise.( P. g+ P- R- B( } CONUS Continental United States., C, e/ u5 y+ i) B: p M Conventional Co-$ f# t4 \' A% a; b: d, b Production $ \3 J% x }+ M* x% l7 y- T) mAn effort between governments to produce the same end item, or components n: ]2 @ @+ k6 `$ tof the same end item, in concert. ) {) s. t5 x! P/ d4 d7 H8 tConventional8 n" U+ Y6 \+ l4 ^6 I Weapon ' J' j) K0 G r4 D: qA weapon that is neither nuclear, biological, nor chemical. / k6 V1 h$ Z' M' DCoop Cooperative . |8 Y+ m7 y* h( @& W' bCoordinated ( ~ D: @7 e8 [8 B( H. H0 NEngagement - J$ [2 k% k. |2 q2 {2 p, |Planning/Actions3 L, r! _. |& }2 @# ]8 @- ~/ k Necessary coordination among engagement components to ensure maximum ) J. S$ @: e# r" g1 F" Peffectiveness of the SDS and resources are not wasted on targets already+ Z4 i& ^9 T# Y: c7 M1 H targeted.$ Y+ X, } C, x6 T" K0 I+ X/ q1 y Coordinating ' x1 G& ]0 @5 s2 \& AAuthority1 t$ \2 [: L1 g+ U; c! w+ k& G A commander or individual assigned responsibility for coordinating specific i* P" G8 L/ c% w1 G9 i' u functions of activities involving forces of two or more Services or two or more 9 b+ b; l/ Z9 |forces of the same Service. The commander or individual has the authority to- \, q7 |0 f$ Y& C require consultation between the agencies involved, but does not have the2 ~8 Y/ v% n1 \/ D# q# B authority to compel agreement. In the event that essential agreement cannot be0 L1 t$ f1 t, \9 m# r1 D reached, the matter shall be referred to the appointing authority. ( I1 B2 A* a; C* w" oCOP Committee of Principals. s: x& a! N& E2 D1 \: p' {; N COR Contracting Officer’s Representative. Contracting Officer.. a+ Y$ a8 W. I# B! n CORBA Common Object Request Broker Architecture. 1 A7 R5 C! F S F# |' i7 }6 Q$ `CORM Commission on Roles and Missions. ) J5 O: x+ y( r) u2 |MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C $ I" U8 n; B9 ^62; O& B8 R+ P9 {5 s3 j5 u/ e* Z, B$ C/ g Corner Reflector (1) A device, normally consisting of three metallic surfaces or screens 8 B$ d5 H1 D: O8 ]perpendicular to one another, designed to act as a radar target or' L1 }- @/ {$ p- ^1 d* `9 `, Z marker. 5 y: j; l$ y1 j2 n(2) In radar interpretation, an object that, by means of multiple reflections 2 N2 j+ Q! I1 C- O/ Ofrom smooth surfaces, produces a radar return of greater magnitude than; e# R. ?# {( x2 M' B2 [. G! x might be expected from the physical size of the object. 1 K+ @0 p: l( i# N' \0 [' \8 b+ ^Corps SAM OBSOLETE. See Medium Extended Air Defense System.: u: ~ F5 J- n- f+ C2 U% V y4 _ Correlation (1) The process of relating observations or tracks from one set of data to $ |' F G5 E) `( f- q4 e& robservations or tracks from another set of data, i.e., collecting data from 6 I+ b! k1 z, d( W. odifferent frames or sensors that presumably relate to the same target. (2)4 D! M- t% F! U+ U1 s' ?9 ^ In air defense, the determination that an aircraft appearing on a" P8 |, p, i! i$ _. I y0 j radarscope, on a plotting board, or visual is the same as that on which 5 I8 a( `0 l, u' r; minformation is being received form another source. (3) In intelligence ' p. T( u7 f( q5 V" Z% s# Fusage, the process which associates and combines data on a single + n$ L6 V) w0 I" ?0 b+ U# Tentity or subject from independent observations, in order to improve the # u) P: @& \7 f- mreliability or credibility or the information.2 ]6 p/ [6 o/ t# b COSEMS Evolving architecture operations support tool. . F% g$ ~ K' w j0 ]3 a; FCOSM Computer System Operator’s Manual % e- e# e6 |5 w1 C* }6 f+ LCOSMIC NATO security category. ! k1 {4 R0 @5 y$ {Cost Analysis : [3 U5 ]# ?6 g3 Z8 C5 KImprovement 3 E8 g% x6 ^5 O2 Z6 M" m1 Z: E; XGroup (CAIG)2 p; Q- V% j0 J; N- e, w An organization within the office of OSD Director, PA&E which advises the DAB : j3 s; y0 i j3 V# pon all matters concerning the estimation, review, and presentation of cost * m. a7 _/ T/ T3 K6 t) `6 r1 e0 Eanalysis of future weapon systems. The CAIG also develops common cost 9 S6 t4 _6 h( D+ ?2 W0 V- q( I+ n" _( oestimating procedures for DoD.# z! \( \" `1 Y) _* _% w# C, ? Cost Analysis# g' f; ]; a( H% a) m9 i Requirements/ }" q, L& ^9 @ Document' L) ?3 }- j- P+ U: ^) k (CARD) * r, k& }' Y/ n/ x3 G8 s! cThe document describing the technical baseline, which is a subset of current # w* M9 g- ]$ x) l! Qsystem technical data and is used to generate the baseline cost estimate for an6 R& N, i$ q: \, g5 a SDS element. It includes, but is not limited to, the element description, ( o) N- F9 z3 j; C$ q! _- Vinterfaces, operational concept quantity requirements, manpower requirements, ! p9 A9 o( L8 K( f" Sactivity rates, schedules, research and development-phasing plan, and facilities, c/ D9 ~# j; L" S, N/ t' [4 } requirements.: p) \! S1 l' Y5 s+ h Cost and " N- o; v8 F: D' Q0 dOperational" h8 [& c+ w8 |$ Z" i7 Z Effectiveness8 ?$ O7 ]; K$ Q9 O5 l u- B7 D Analysis (COEA) " o( l# }: X# V1 h, O% Z: P! SAn analysis of the estimated costs and operational effectiveness of alternative; f! ` J$ I- ?9 p) Q materiel systems to meet a mission need, and the associated program for 5 k7 Y1 ^" s; q; [! Gacquiring each alternative. 1 h: n+ S8 A, I2 i; d& DCost Risk Cost estimating risk and schedule/technical risk. Cost estimating risk is the risk1 P# ~7 p; }; D1 m1 t; v. s due to cost estimating errors and the statistical uncertainty in the estimate. 2 X1 n# `% C+ N1 pSchedule/technical risk is risk due to inability to conquer the problems posed by; S( ]6 B3 S7 i6 E- y the intended design 9 B, D- [# F; ?1 I* CCOTR Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative. See Contracting Officer. ( |4 Y1 w: a3 z4 g1 jCOTS Commercial Off-The-Shelf. . D7 D4 E9 G) p" u& X, Q8 i2 oCounterair A US Air Force term for air operations conducted to attain and maintain a desired! A6 {# R5 G; S V& ?9 q) ~ degree of air superiority by the destruction or neutralization or enemy forces. ) o4 C+ G: F" F/ l8 U) }Both air offensive and air defensive actions are involved. The former range h! x E3 q" u+ fthroughout enemy territory and are generally conducted at the initiative of) @% o, l. J& u+ B5 R friendly forces. The latter are conducted near or over friendly territory and are ; U4 f1 o( O, C; B) Q1 Ngenerally reactive to the initiative of the enemy air forces.6 K7 P7 i! d9 z `9 J0 R3 \ MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C ) K2 G K7 ^1 T& k4 w7 C63 & p4 Y; {6 \+ P1 K/ DCountercountermeasures - C3 I: I5 x- `6 Y- G8 k$ `(CCM) $ p1 w4 J1 C2 h0 o7 ?Measures taken by the defense to defeat offensive countermeasures.7 Z) n9 A* ^# s+ R Counterforce The employment of strategic air and missile forces in an effort to destroy, or, I% f% o$ T2 B9 f! D+ W render impotent, selected military capabilities of an enemy force under any of the' g) Q# V' N( _( k circumstances by which hostilities may be initiated. 9 Z* x v- h G4 JCountermeasure A design or procedural measure taken against covert or overt attacks.+ E1 Y3 W w+ o" h5 f0 i Countermeasure ) w5 A7 ~$ C2 Us (CM)- z, Z! a) Z& M That form of military science that by the employment of devices and/or; d; {3 l3 c7 \: h, q ~6 B techniques has as its objective the impairment of the operational effectiveness of: N1 g6 X* L, y& h9 U, j enemy activity.1 [) s2 q/ P/ L. M Countermeasure + N6 |* ?% h v+ J: ns Rejection8 T2 B9 p1 g) O/ N, W$ H7 ? (Surveillance) / |$ |% D/ P, bImprovement or rejection of an object signal in the presence of: j+ x' K3 d3 _* L+ d8 l3 w* ] countermeasures. ' {- p! S9 a6 fCourse of Action ) U. d8 H9 ~9 [(COA) ( P5 p& P% s5 A0 ~( J; R* {(1) Any sequence of acts that an individual or unit may follow. (2) A possible3 S' V* U: M; d2 O$ {5 t. | plan open to an individual or command that would accomplish or is, J2 _, v9 A$ f. K: _) n3 l2 u* | related to the accomplishment of his mission. (3) The scheme adopted 1 Z( G6 p* \; c6 e& ^to accomplish a job or mission. (4) A line of conduct in an engagement. * a8 Z( g# B% v(5) A plan to accomplish a mission. It describes the execution concept 8 b) S4 L. U# X# ofor BMD of North America. It will specify the engagement priorities, * N, s" s2 `) A0 |% Wresource allocation and desired results by Area of Operation (AO). ; g9 l+ V$ ^1 |4 C T6 w. d(USSPACECOM) (6) The scheme adopted to accomplish a task or f% Z# k- m* D! w6 Bmission. It is a product of the Joint Operation Planning and Execution 7 a4 e: |$ A! o' O/ @9 s8 F3 Z! uSystem concept development phase. The supported commander will' |' z, S7 H/ M8 a# S6 {9 @ include a recommended course of action in the commander’s estimate. 2 |% E6 W8 E: a S* L1 J8 RThe recommended course of action will include the concept of3 `3 r+ m: m: L$ C' k1 Z* T operations, evaluation of supportability estimates of supporting% p* c3 ]; X( w0 F" W organizations, and an integrated time-phased data base of combat, : i3 Q0 u8 [: Icombat support, and combat service support forces and sustainment. % Z8 B# F, h5 T# r$ CRefinement of this database will be contingent on the time available for8 A- f8 n/ U; ]1 X# k1 Y course of action development. When approved, the course of action " u+ l- G, {( }$ A8 gbecomes the basis for the development of an operation plan or, W( d. W. z$ s* J operation order. 2 O; X3 N# M& u$ O, v9 KCoverage (1) The ground area represented on imagery, photomaps, mosaics, maps, " U1 w* D8 W u: P! v; h+ Nand other geographical presentation systems. (2) Cover or protection, as . W8 K9 j* x' i* lthe coverage of troops by supporting fire. (3) The extent to which3 ~4 Q. `: P9 @7 ~ R intelligence information is available in respect to any specified area of 0 x3 M" {( A" ointerest. (4) The summation of the geographical areas and volumes of 8 q9 F6 O" b9 |% Laerospace under surveillance.: |7 R! x9 G2 B' V7 V& p Covert Timing ( h* P% n3 j" G0 a6 ]Channel + F. u d" c; _# z, u( BA covert channel in which one process signals information to another by4 e+ l. J, P% R/ g! ? g& T modulating its own use of system resources in such a way that this manipulation 0 t5 U8 \1 h$ K4 O! Yaffects the real response time observed by the second process. ( d3 p# J0 j- u4 X# r pCP Command Post.% f3 o& d+ m8 w CPA (1) Chairman’s Program Assessment. (2) Closest Point of Approach.1 s' N" ~2 G( @ CPAF Cost Plus Award Fee., x% A$ u# K# B: c: ? CPAM Chief of Naval Operations Program Assessment Memorandum (Navy) 0 D4 A2 }: ~; x* BMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C V9 B& S! f. I1 P; L64 q5 Z: {. \; b CPAR Cost Performance Assessment Report. 0 M) ?# M! R- Z2 X" W0 \CPAT Critical Process Assessment Tool; w( }% w) W7 o3 N0 n0 f CPB Charged Particle Beam. ' W5 X, s4 ]5 C3 A rCPEV Communications/Processor [Network] Experimental Version. ) y$ X3 U' i }" K( l" `: @3 y* U* _6 `CPFF Cost Plus Fixed Fee. + l* f6 o% \9 k7 C0 h! J3 i5 tCPIF Cost Plus Incentive Fee. 3 O! L6 ]% _7 H2 ?4 q" D$ ~, p$ E& dCPIPT Cost-Performance Integrated Product (Process) Team.7 X/ P2 n2 L$ ~: o CPM (1) Critical Path Method. (2) Contractor Performance Measurement.: N/ b: ]9 [) z CPP Critical Performance Parameter. / B) v9 S. n0 d7 K# M1 W6 _CPR Cost Performance Report. 1 ^: T5 `3 P! n4 i' MCPR/NC Cost Performance Report/No Criteria (Contract management term). N7 _4 D8 f. P1 v a4 T2 D CPS (1) Consolidated Program Summary. ' `; E$ k/ c& d ](2) Competitive Prototyping Strategy. : k* h) i2 f$ o4 C(3) Current Program Status.9 E' a9 J( D, @7 p* x+ U- z3 x7 T CPU Central Processing Unit (TelComm/Computer term). , ?" x2 b" n* k. B) T, ACPX See Command Post Exercise. J/ n; n! ~$ ]' W CQAE Chief/Contract Quality Assurance Evaluator.3 I) m- ?, w7 j! P' T7 l1 | CR (1) Computer Resources. (2) Continuing Resolution (US Congress term).8 ~5 b9 o6 J% U7 d CR-UAV Close Range Unmanned Aerial Vehicle.$ x; P9 [& c# F( p6 M$ M/ H CRA (1) Coordinating Review Authority. (2) Command Relationships Agreement . m" w8 j* |+ s5 c( P% n, U( V4 P- dCRADA Cooperative Research and Development Agreement./ M& Y8 ^% q+ [4 V6 k' @& t CRAM (1) Control Random Access Memory.- i# [+ l. b2 Q: M9 v (2) Cross-tie Random Access Memory (Computer term).$ i2 _+ H4 ]# l* t* ] CRB Configuration Review Board. ; _, k" y# M/ n: j0 t" gCRC Control and Reporting Center. , E# k+ j* l6 w$ e0 r% OCRD (1) Capstone Requirements Document.7 r4 t5 A6 J; R/ P1 `3 X (2) Component Requirements Document.$ A5 o3 V! M- X" J: x' H; I7 N5 J& U CRDA Cooperative Research and Development Agreement., N5 I, S. `7 y1 A1 M# @* v CRG Communications Relay Groups (PATRIOT). / ^: h ~, ~, F8 kCRI Classification, Recognition and Identification.0 d) ?5 D! f; t8 N" C$ ^# b u! V- N CRISD Computer Resources Integrated Support Document

使用道具 举报

33#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:03:12 |显示全部楼层
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C . \) F P+ w$ T% i5 Z7 K0 I: I) P( _65+ c& D4 }* W# C Critical Design# l \) M$ T0 A3 O Review (CDR)) g0 R4 c7 q/ K3 t3 `# h& T5 h9 r A review conducted to determine that the detailed design satisfies the * Y9 l* P, a% I- C2 i' X9 o) t# wperformance and engineering requirements of the development specification; to$ O+ G) R7 W) r+ S establish the detailed design compatibility between the item and other items of / |% M8 M8 Q1 P, U" E8 u' m1 lequipment, facilities, computer programs, and personnel; to assess producibility 1 K* c" w7 d" b: ?; ~and risk areas; and to review the preliminary product specifications. Conducted ; F) F' L1 A: G9 cduring Phase I, Demonstration and Validation (for prototypes) and Phase II, % @& [: W; h; _& Q$ y) e' s- dEngineering and Manufacturing Development.( H! W$ v6 D4 p Critical . a& ~# T4 F0 _, pInformation , t6 U7 s* ]; K! @( vSpecific facts about friendly intentions, capabilities, and activities vitally needed . i2 R/ W% `8 Z" s( A# _by adversaries for them to plan and act effectively so as to guarantee failure or: T4 R8 b; `0 B' {9 x6 v5 w unacceptable consequences for friendly mission accomplishment. 2 _# K6 \4 [0 U* }9 U* u: r; q& |Critical 1 t+ \3 Q0 n1 T8 K3 \% D5 K. e1 zIntelligence $ a( [5 s \3 B- q( N3 S# sParameter ( d+ B( {* s0 x, L eA threat capability or threshold established by the program, changes to which " `0 @/ B" t) dcould critically impact on the effectiveness and survivability of the proposed 2 b! k! E" a5 @system.+ B2 y! `$ z( `7 x" \. ~0 W- R+ ^* | Critical Issues Those aspects of a system’s capability, either operational, technical, or other,: s0 Z/ \5 ?, Q that must be questioned before a system’s overall suitability can be known, and z* M# ?( e* e* h( s which are of primary importance to the decision authority in reaching a decision 7 p$ C7 e* W+ u" j* ]3 U& m- ^) z Gto allow the system to advance into the next phase of design, development,$ m, m% ]- ], V5 n production, or post-production.6 B& ^9 R. x" r& L7 U' M Critical( Q$ `; S& \# R# @+ @: O# {$ B4 q Operational0 F* } B, q- ^ F3 H Issue4 |/ D2 g: A2 O5 s A key operational effectiveness or operational suitability issue that must be5 `( H L0 a$ {* ~; m5 | examined in operational test and evaluation to determine the system’s capability / g5 k/ u6 j6 o7 c2 cto perform its mission. A critical operational issue is normally phrased as a * m' r1 m; B- v* M6 cquestion to be answered in evaluating a system’s operational effectiveness2 I' X; Y5 E2 } and/or operational suitability.0 M/ m7 g6 k: n: S* u' y9 y Critical Path : L, u/ p' k8 G/ [Method% x! W/ ]4 Y# G A technique that aids dependency of other activities and the time required to $ }' ^' Q7 x0 t# e0 A- Gcomplete. Activities, which when delayed have an impact on the total project ! H6 V \! _3 H9 bschedule, are critical and are said to be on the critical path. 8 J( y( ~9 q" i: ]Critical Risk The existence of a vulnerability that could cause exceptionally grave damage to" \6 l& W y' ~/ ~( }, ^/ m the viability or the operational effectiveness of the SDS. $ x# w0 A8 J1 K9 ?Critical Security1 m0 r8 X$ [: O6 f$ d. | Risk5 V; p# G/ }- q1 @5 M' D; P3 c9 A- ` The existence of a security vulnerability that, if exploited by an adversary, could / |; u/ L7 r4 {3 Q: v0 }cause exceptionally grave damage to the viability of the BMD or the operational9 i5 o) v5 W" G effectiveness of the SDS. Critical risks assume an adversary’s capability to) t" |5 j2 ^6 o* H0 |# m. m! q cause major system disruption or degradation (e.g., single point failure),: ~, d" G5 e* w# R: m destruction of mission-critical components, or usurpation of system functions. 4 k0 L7 @( d& d. d# N* ?; P; rCritical / G4 }3 j Y1 F- NSupporting( y2 g: z1 I9 j: Q Technology0 ~/ `/ w+ X+ j A technology that program management personnel consider a critical part of the + R% z8 |' o( n$ ~# T7 Mprogram being described. - F5 T s0 U! @0 K f! eCRLCMP Computer Resources Life-Cycle Management Plan.+ ]& u1 x1 w p0 U# J# S CRM Computer Resources Management. ! ]; u K2 I! S' A9 X$ m0 t2 a3 sCRMP Computer Resources Management Plan. 3 t0 E3 Q, S3 a6 c( ]CRO Chemical Release Observation.$ {4 s% b. s; U1 ^ CRP (1) Command and Reporting Post. (2) Control and Reporting Point (JFACC % _* ]* B, _9 X: G* ~7 d& v( Nterm.) 3 @3 ^+ F* O- z3 z) l2 pMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C % P2 C# F8 m9 I66 2 {% }9 j5 N5 W( k7 `) T' u# o- n' VCRS (1) Computer Resources Support. (2) Congressional Research Service. (3)! U! O8 E+ B! q8 H! H0 k Contractor Reporting System. + @2 K, d2 D* A7 I; {6 W0 L/ [1 eCRT Cathode Ray Tube. 4 `- ?" o# |6 L" _CRWG Computer Resource Working Group. % R. X! T8 J! R4 s) ?9 X; e' }+ rCryocoolers Cryogenic Coolers. ! F, j" N/ c j1 [; [% }2 F7 }Cryogenic Of or related to cryogens (substances which are used to obtain low2 J, Y# e# e3 m! w. t$ H temperatures).- a$ t- o, f. ?% t! n Crypto A designation or marking which identifies classified operational keying material," L. Y& X# \' r and which indicates that this material requires special consideration with respect 7 [" E8 ]5 p- R( H2 Y& ^+ {to access, storage and handling. ( u7 |1 ^' n$ U$ g/ b) N$ @, m9 P; ICryptographic5 g' c2 w' M3 d; { System" \4 Z5 d( i- n( A The documents, devices, equipment, and associated techniques that are used9 V) _+ H L8 h0 p, `6 M2 } as a unit to provide a single means of encryption (enciphering or encoding). ; O$ ^3 Y+ U# M) M9 `& N# `Cryptology The science that deals with hidden, disguised, or encrypted communications. It p) J+ l7 t4 i: J0 o4 T2 j( _ includes communications security and communications intelligence.# ?! W8 U4 G) d CS (1) OBSOLETE. See Corps SAM. (2) Contracting Specialist. (3) Contract Start.2 m; Q r: l# j CS/CSS Combat Support and Combat Service Support (USAF budget term). ! `+ E6 k: ?! p# U* c# N+ ~- BCSA Chief of Staff of the Army. + {( ]2 D: c9 c; ]CSAF Chief of Staff of the Air Force.6 J s/ z) Y/ A% X" S% q CSC Computer Software Component. 1 Z& W S) P$ ?! N" t4 g9 {9 NCSCE OBSOLETE – Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe. (See OSCE)8 L2 }: r* A8 q; W) y4 W5 H& l6 _ CSCSC Cost/Schedule Control System Criteria.& J C# B3 H1 ]* d* v" p CSD (1) Constant Speed Drive. (2) Critical System Demonstration.; I6 |+ u3 u, b' i$ b CSE Center for Security Evaluations (DCI). ) K& L$ ]1 _3 \: [$ ]CSEDS Combat System Engineering Development Site, supporting the AEGIS Weapon1 U1 s" ~& t; T) g System, located in Cherry Hill, NJ. 1 E. L& L7 {9 S3 gCSF Consolidated Support Facility, Arlington, VA.0 B5 K; Q! K$ t% @2 b) X; k CSI (1) Critical Safety Item. (2) Critical Sustainability Item. . u; ^( q4 Y3 r4 d5 FCSIP Current Systems Improvement Program.; n% j; y- d5 n* H5 R( ~ CSIZE Constellation Size. 0 T2 h2 @0 L' m* |, y/ d7 rCSL Computer Systems Laboratory.8 G9 x* f6 j0 l" ~ CSM (1) Core Support Module (*C2E term). (2) Communications Support Model.2 l3 h1 Z0 a( R CSNI Communications Shared Network Interface (NATO term).1 K6 ^! E }2 U! P MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C 1 J8 [8 z, v; P+ V67 * d" m* d$ r- ?, f8 |& p5 cCSO Closely Spaced Objects. , Z# r+ W& L8 `/ c- B/ L4 `2 w" mCSOC See Consolidated Space Operations Center.3 v" ^$ T9 J; [4 B; N CSOM Computer System Operator’s Manual & a& U1 B, J6 C: ]! K1 q: sCSOSS Combat System Operational System Sequencing+ f: Q6 y9 B4 t: o- | CSP Communications Support Processor (numerous locations, including USAF Air / ]& \" a+ l2 k" DDevelopment Center, Rome, NY term).4 U9 ^ K' g6 [5 ?# j CSRD Computer System Requirements Document. 8 O7 _2 S4 M: j' bCSS (1) Cooperating Space System. (2) Communications System Segment. (3) % T. r! t7 T# l7 Z" M1 K& p* FContractor Support Services. (4) Common Sharing System. (5) Communications( f1 a7 m* B/ [6 w Support System (Navy term). (6) Common Support System. (7) Combat Service , I9 T9 |. J# t% z( _) P( }/ VSupport. ' J3 G( Y- g+ U3 ]( x7 j, H3 J8 |3 XCSSCS Combat Service Support Control System (USA term).9 p* z8 H1 L1 B% F, c( [8 G! R CSSPAB Computer System Security and Privacy Advisory Board. . U1 @% Q0 K3 [1 Y# PCSSO Computer Systems Security Officer. " z1 x3 I( c. [- U3 ^% {CSSTSS Combat Service Support Training Simulation System (US Army term).9 |. P e. H* W) X2 \) j, m CSTC Consolidated Space Test Center. 4 `& W9 |+ o4 t0 @( X. c$ N: Z) XCSTI Civil Space Technology Initiative.% J( I; c2 o( i6 k CSU (1) Computer Software Unit. (2) Communications System Utilization. d6 G( l0 I( K) c' K: _CSUR Communications System Utilization Report.3 K3 `; `9 L& m6 l9 ?, p/ E4 A CT (1) Counter-terrorism. (2) Communications Terminal. (3) Control Telemetry. 2 j& W9 T0 z0 i9 c0 D! J U(4) Cryptologic Technician (Navy occupation specialty).6 _5 t0 N6 W9 I8 l9 R* X CTACS Contingency Theater Air Control System (JFACC term). 8 U2 q) o1 c! E+ ZCTAPS Contingency Theater Automated Planning System (USAF). $ L9 K* o; Z7 {/ QCTB (1) Communications Test Bed. (2) Comprehensive Test Ban [Treaty term]. + d$ I( B6 L* I1 T" mCTBM Conventionally-0armed TBM. & Q* {& _ y- Q5 ~& e8 ~8 ?CTC Combat Training Center, Ft. Leavenworth, KS. 6 d, \1 c/ o9 e) ~( d3 E4 K/ JCTCC Critical Technology Coordinating Committee.$ M* [# c w9 N# }; K$ C: @4 f CTD Communications Test Driver.# j& b/ k3 O l7 a T% z) j CTE (1) Center for Test and Evaluation (JIEO term) (2) Common Test Environment.$ ?2 K& ?* |' d5 i; g. ^ CTEIP Central Test and Evaluation Investment Program. A DoD program for centrally 6 F( K; k3 I( u. @- Q6 xfunding selected test investments proposed by the Services and Defense . @( v! [4 Q( Z# {Agencies (including MDA).

使用道具 举报

34#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:03:26 |显示全部楼层
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C4 Y4 W( \* [7 C, C9 Z( c, Z7 S1 J* | 68$ {7 l# P8 L8 v# \' C CTF Controlled Test Flights.+ D+ [" r! H) w$ N1 p CTI Concept Technology Insertion. 9 h7 C4 k; U' w2 L2 k) Y* RCTN CALS Test Network. # D5 i7 I9 q& @ ?- zCTOC Corps Tactical Operations Center.- q s& }6 h; `& F! m7 Y3 g CTOL Conventional Takeoff/Landing aircraft. / O9 z7 F( W- [- [" Y6 q% c) ZCTP (1) Critical Technical Parameters. ( J- R; p. `# |* |(2) Communication Tasking Plan., b! v1 A- o2 H& p9 D& `; T3 d (3) Consolidated Targets Program.6 m" I' W) n5 {5 \) I CTPE Central Tactical Processing Element. ) s5 u5 N2 e% UCTPP Consolidated Targets Program Plan. + E9 ~) V0 Q* o; f+ h: L- |8 d# L: ZCTR Cooperative Threat Reduction (Treaty negotiation term). $ N% Q8 k. U7 Z" FCTRS Centers 2 k. Y/ c2 s% ^9 c8 tCTS (1) Clear To Send (TelComm/Computer term). 0 r7 p) l. p- ^ K(2) Contact Test Set (USA IFTE term). - A5 t1 l g0 u; Q: UCTSS Computer and Telecommunications Staff. 3 \+ w# q: Y0 u: n) lCTT Commander’s Tactical Terminal (US Army). ) k) }1 V% c& `' oCTT-H/R Commander’s Tactical Terminal –Hybrid Receiver (USA term). ' O' w+ F. D8 t! \CTV Control Test Vehicle(s). / j% P! W" H% G$ L1 KCUDIXS Common User Digital Information Exchange System. 3 E1 n- f6 p O1 v2 S6 @2 eCued Operation The directing of one sensor based upon the data received from another sensor.2 S2 F% E( D- J Cueing Command The command within a tactic, which specifies the sensor element’s coverage * d8 z3 @+ M6 o7 C! u; l9 Wvolume.0 ]+ x0 j! L4 ]( z Cueing Data Cueing data is a subset of object tracks within a sensor element’s coverage 7 K. Y6 f M- h- I# avolume. / z h/ Q% b/ c5 FCV (1) Carrier Vehicle. (2) USN Aircraft Carrier. (3) Curriculum Vitae. ' _& W- A8 P" Z, M2 jCV/BM Carrier Vehicle/Battle Management. 8 u, c0 L% c" f9 @( R# @$ RCVBG USN aircraft carrier battle group.- R; h9 x$ x `- t2 ^ t8 W: C CVHG Carrier, Aircraft (V/STOL), Guided missile.# K3 ]- N' u4 N S CVISC Combat Visual Information Support Center.& G% d. X4 p, I0 J/ i$ P$ d, Z CVL Copper Vapor Lasers.) \4 B- O/ z+ ~9 v I. ? CVN USN nuclear powered aircraft carrier.- o( |* {7 Z1 Q0 f4 T' s MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C! p: g% I5 V. f) N 69! x( {) s% R3 m+ {1 c CW (1) Continuous Wave. (2) Chemical Weapon/Warfare. (3) Carrier Wave. / o" g4 {, v* j4 m3 Z7 U/ WCWAR Continuous Wave Acquisition Cycle (Hawk).' v' G5 U3 E* i! k CWBS Contract Work Breakdown Structure.! T* B$ e2 G5 J- A3 W2 P. u' } CWDD Continuous Wave Deuterium Demonstrator. * ], M4 P! u7 c b) |* MCWIPT Cost Working group integrated Product Team.0 G N9 B' E) }# |& e3 R2 P CY Calendar Year.& r \9 d1 Q' ~ MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D : s% o+ ?0 Z! `8 [713 F) Y }/ d/ `6 K D Deuterium - z% g3 h7 F. i& {4 Q5 c4 c6 VD Spec Process specification. 2 L8 J: E# b, SD Star Measure of infrared sensor sensitivity. $ H+ t$ |( [( F! U6 R( rD&D Design and Development 5 N2 c n9 T3 r* ?/ H5 CD&T Detection and Tracking.. N: w2 ^' H L+ D1 k- m D-IFOG Depolarized-Interferometric Fiber Optic Gyro. & l$ ]; S0 W6 D. \7 U6 RD-Level Depot Level (ILS term). 9 e( h5 O; g( I6 U1 f# z& ]D/A Digital-to-Analog ) }" p( x4 W. O8 I7 _% ?D/V Demonstration and Validation.. p- `8 M* s \" L# J$ y D2 Projective (interceptor) in the Hyper-Velocity Gun program.8 I2 H% d% U* J( z- A4 ~: N3 _7 z) h DA (1) Department of the Army. , ]/ c* @" x/ i5 F6 O! ?$ b(2) Department of Administration.) P4 Y2 i9 O8 i* @5 X) g (3) Decision Analysis.& o) C9 }) t& H (4) Developing Agency/Activity. 9 X* y5 U! {+ I" U(5) Data Administrator. 8 C$ d$ m/ ]8 p% J. C(6) Direct Action.( N. u- p- y9 l* M. p5 d J (7) Data Adapter.! T7 p* b( M0 d DAA Designated Approval Authority (DD 5000 term). + _$ |6 l# u! [DAASAT Direct Ascent Anti-Satellite. . }/ v1 U T$ S- X6 LDAB See Defense Acquisition Board. " O. i) `2 W! l7 H6 nDAC (1) Days After Contract [Award].0 C" k6 z5 ?# `( I. D- o | (2) Department of the Army Civilian. " s- D, [4 j1 \(3) Directed Attack Characterization. $ m: N8 w' {: p(4) Deploy ACCS Component. 7 Y- m8 O2 h$ v0 U(5) Digital-to-Analog Converter.% N4 Q: Q* M& a R( r3 l2 f/ r5 B DACS Divert and Attitude Control System.; @+ y% {' c7 {) B! O8 t DAD Defense Acquisition Deskbook. $ j$ ^5 V( c, A% `9 T' gDADS Distributed Air Defense Study (1993).0 ]: \( e* h2 q- k0 G DAE Defense Acquisition Executive./ A* l4 k5 S) C* c DAES Defense Acquisition Executive Summary.) |8 e; U$ }% [' C$ C# g J, O. n DAGGR Depressed Altitude Guided Gun Round.7 ]4 g# o S2 A1 v6 M2 B5 Y. M: J9 r DAHQ Department of the Army Headquarters. 6 R2 x" h( `* t' u$ d# [1 ]DAI Damage Assessment Indicator (targets).- M: o! \4 @+ k9 u DAL Defended Asset List." p+ s; X! O# Z' g- c2 s" s MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D( w! P* g6 @# A3 J 72. v+ I9 A C- Q* u9 W: S DAMA Demand Assigned Multiple Access.+ Y1 A8 K& Y K8 M& c DANASAT Direct Ascent Nuclear Anti-Satellite.2 k3 }$ P- _9 \- G0 H4 z DAPR Director’s Annual Program Review (SDIO term)9 S" {% M9 @- R* K0 E k- x/ J$ v DARO Defense Aeronautical Reconnaissance Office (OSD).3 m7 H- E3 d+ t h0 @9 `8 }8 M( u DARP Defense Aeronautical Reconnaissance Program.+ f, m' O: w5 D DARPA Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. See ARPA.6 u2 c) n( M# X7 ^. U. k. z DART OBSOLETE. Defense Acquisition Review Team.- T; |/ t' [3 t9 }5 J% l7 y+ P DASA German Aerospace. Member of the MEADS Program Team.' M; J! T/ O6 `% @$ P& L DASC Deep Air Support Center (JFACC term). + S: T( j, m/ z; B; B' M2 D3 mDASD OBSOLETE. Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense. ! w# |# j: ^: B( oDASD (C3) Deputy/Assistant Secretary of Defense (C3) ! G7 e' r* n) B4 r8 s) F1 A$ Y; k0 wDASO Demonstration and Shakedown Operation. 9 ~& n: h5 C5 G D4 l3 @) aData Integrity The state that exists when computerized data is the same as that in the source , y# u* o0 z2 i& S; _documents and has not been exposed to accidental or malicious alteration or# N1 a4 L0 T9 u1 I0 j destruction. $ [7 H" m5 A$ F& UDatalink (1) The means of connecting one location to another for the purpose of2 z4 p }2 i' ^ transmitting and receiving data. $ R# W* s+ W9 s! Y1 R6 ~(2) A particular path between two nodes over which data is transmitted. It, ?8 G$ u0 T) ^8 j includes not only the transmission medium, but also digital to analog/ E& s) v# X5 A converters, modems, transmission equipment, antennas, etc., associated( \0 E4 \1 c7 @% r/ G7 [! e with this path. In the SDS backbone network, it was a path between two ) E0 p' @: h) C% J8 z4 P1 LSDS elements. In space these datalinks were microwave or laser. On5 L) D' I5 k% H) G the ground, they could have been wire line, microwave, or optical fiber.+ k0 K. k/ ]5 u. |8 t% r9 H( X DAU Defense Acquisition University, Ft. Belvoir, VA. 8 {9 J4 D5 K% nDAVID Development of Advanced Very long wavelength Infrared Detector (USAF E' d! {. q! D# U5 |Phillips Lab term). : H) \; C' H; r sDAWS Defense Automated Warning System. 1 E% p8 F% G- b8 I+ \. Z* S' h2 FDazzling The temporary blinding of a sensor by overloading it with an intense signal of - z4 G" t1 C# E/ y, |( Yelectromagnetic radiation (e.g., from a laser or a nuclear explosion). 7 b3 X I: J5 Z5 e8 NDB Bata Base0 u( p) q8 j% _" [. t! a1 E DBME Database Management Environment (Computer term).0 A+ k3 U) |5 e. y DBMS Database Management System. " ^7 a8 R8 }7 u, C j+ `DBOF Defense Business Operations Fund. ) ]2 ~4 w' s) ~DBS Direct Broadcast Satellite.

使用道具 举报

35#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:03:49 |显示全部楼层
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D/ Z& g% C* C& Y/ s0 z5 p B 73 g8 i7 s: B& W; g) g. TDbsm Decibels per square meter.5 B7 t& G9 O. h+ {, a. e7 w DBSM Database System Management. & f& l1 h$ @+ ]6 vDC (1) Disarmament Commission. (2) Direct Current. 9 @, B. o1 R9 g2 `7 S1 bDC-X Delta Clipper Experiment. 9 }, f4 G( U6 n* z) |DCA (1) Defensive Counter Air. (2) OBSOLETE. Defense Communications ' k8 r4 A) ^& ?9 R/ @$ |8 ]Agency. (Now known as Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)).6 v1 O. R1 n' s# M/ X DCAA Defense Contract Audit Agency. 5 h' ~4 Y) G# S& L! w- O' f3 rDCAS Defense Contract Administrative Services.4 Q9 l2 N/ F9 D; t DCCO Defense Commercial Communications Office (of DISA).6 G: e2 b/ U5 P/ P4 L q. R" A DCDS Distributed Computer Design/Development System.% R* R. U; i/ L0 d DCE (1) Data Communications Equipment (TelComm/Computer term). 4 l0 O# D' d% {' ](2) Distributed Computer Environment. ( C. |/ R8 q/ e+ q) k7 ~1 LDCEC Defense Communications Electronics Command.# y9 E7 v. W- I1 { DCI (1) Director of Central Intelligence. (2) Dual Channel Interchange. 8 V( F# U# `% x* }) M1 t+ _' `DCINC Deputy Commander-in-Chief. , h" A& m: M. r& c% o/ z% H$ r2 PDCM Defensive Counter Measures. # u& m0 i' O9 ~1 `7 U6 R# EDCMC Defense Contract Management Command " q1 A4 G# l& H* D) T5 q; BDCN Document Change Notice.% y. U9 O7 y8 f3 ]) ? DCO Director of Combat Operations (JFACC term). 4 A( k- n9 ^/ g6 I, B; i2 QDCP (1) Decision Coordination Paper (see ADM). 7 A7 E- N9 g9 e5 o7 z7 R(2) Director of Combat Plans (JFACC term).3 c2 h3 F- v! z0 c. f8 R0 Q9 T DCPG Digital Clock Pulse Generator.1 t2 Y) x8 t( d. ^& K( S DCS Deputy Chief of Staff. # W- L; d* ~5 {DCSOPS Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Plans (Army). 8 B8 T7 E0 f4 ?0 I/ E: g8 RDCT Digital Communications Terminal 8 f- K& H- P4 m/ y E* fDCTN Defense Commercial Telecommunications Network. L( r/ p5 B$ D( R* C0 yDD Variation of DoD. ' L3 A2 I' @8 x8 |9 B" n- d8 l% cDDCI Deputy Director of Central Intelligence.6 a$ V/ s4 T+ g, g DDEL Dwight David Eisenhower Library, Abilene, KN (army term).4 j( F+ z h5 e8 q: d2 a DDG USN guided missile destroyer., M' s2 E! e1 J' { MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D- u. b$ j0 n( }9 J 74) P$ E! x2 \; |$ V+ U6 @ DDL Disclosure authority letter.7 \9 G' i l, b DDN Defense Data Network.. _$ Q) b5 p; n" ]4 d DDR&E Director, Defense Research and Engineering. T1 @' z1 ?. r( D( C+ y DDDR&E Deputy Director, Defense Research and Engineering.' o& k1 w9 r6 A DDS Data phone Digital Service (AT&T service) (Telecomm/Computer term). ! w$ c1 Q4 e6 L9 M8 z# t' i+ SDE (1) See Directed Energy. (2) Delay Equalizer.! m; e! w* ?3 H5 S8 W DEBRA Debris, Radiance Model.) k1 G! e f" \2 U7 F6 R$ x Decentralized6 d3 z: H/ ^5 i R8 d7 y Control 0 \# l; C% K4 [In air defense, the normal mode whereby a higher echelon monitors unit actions, & i8 g) ^3 v9 R+ ]9 ^# @# Dmaking direct target assignments to units only when necessary to ensure proper : S: n x" L( W) {( H0 e5 Gfire distribution or to prevent engagement of friendly aircraft. W; G+ {: h/ A* g: w9 XDecentralized; H) v4 K* B( N/ E( Q Execution ! X6 M# b. u1 {0 Z. @2 eThe distributed and integrated implementation of USCINCSPACE direction by 0 o* @% x8 @& V1 qthe BMD forces. (AFSPACECOM)6 {; z. h4 b( n/ }$ w Decommissionin 2 z* w* k+ g3 ?( R3 Q5 ug / N5 F4 A: C# e! m& Y6 v0 JThe removal or the rendering useless of obsolete or no longer needed) `4 H% I, i" F" U% |% s components of the BMD system from service. % W8 ~! w/ }( X% W7 Y2 `2 m$ xDecrement A directed funding level reduction for an acquisition program. 8 Z. P. {- N- Y, }DED Data Element Definition (Computer term). 5 S$ C/ U5 I) ~( Q# O0 S+ b; RDedicated Mode; o# f. G# L$ L of Operation7 } T3 ~2 d# Q- `2 K; ^! k# |- S (ADP Security) 0 p5 x3 w( F' `8 D; vA mode of operation where all users of the AIS possess the required personnel : q3 n$ K7 |/ `4 j3 w6 g6 o$ Ssecurity clearance or authorization, formal access approval (if required), and a. f2 L/ P9 G l0 Z5 _* X Need-to-Know for all data included in the AIS.7 w5 k+ W2 p7 E' `5 X Deep Space (DS) The region of outer space at altitudes greater than 3,000 nautical miles (about ; \9 ]! J7 M+ Q+ p4 `5 t, C+ i' {5,600 kilometers) above the earth’s surface.2 c$ O) f( A( t5 ?5 C Def Definition. ( f ~3 _# c+ j8 sDEF (1) Defense. (2) Demilitarization Enterprise Fund. ! ?$ }) j. d2 v9 J7 X. NDEFCON Defense Readiness Conditions. " ^" P1 {+ S$ n9 g+ @8 yDefended area / j: c1 e$ k, C/ R: n8 g/ [coverage / ]/ w0 r+ R8 G. Y/ ODefended Asset 6 _# i4 o3 h- D- [& G5 O2 AList (DAL) {2 ]* d2 a# ^8 JThe geographical region that the BMDS can protect from ballistic missile attacks5 g. d( i; E% K5 F i with a specified level of probability of negation. May be specified for a particular; j' a4 }' z* q5 @3 I threat type, launch point(s), launch regions, raid size, etc. 3 ]& J+ V7 f! G; k: q) fA ranked listing of facilities, forces, and national political items that require % H3 a' q3 V' f, P+ Jprotection from attack or hostile surveillance. The list is compiled from Federal 5 R( ~* E/ X. @2 X0 E; @! N% K9 Ndepartments and agencies, Unified and Specified Commands, and the Armed; n- X% L( D, u/ J Services to ensure National Security Emergency Preparedness functions.& O% b* \7 I" ~& p' \# K MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D ; U% k$ X4 o3 Z- ]* Z75+ K; s5 F# _- l/ U6 B7 `& V! S& | V$ n Defense4 x, G$ S, j6 B. T Acquisition! @4 A0 C3 ]8 D' o# o! q Board (DAB) 7 Y5 E' C( i5 T8 x- sThe senior DoD acquisition review board chaired by the Under Secretary of - \+ }6 v9 T& `% P# pDefense for Acquisition. The Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is the 8 o1 T1 G+ U- _' Y2 V% CVice-Chair. Other members of the Board are the Deputy Under Secretary of6 p9 ^+ E! Y3 w! M3 I1 K Defense for Acquisition and Technology, Service Acquisition Executives of the * |# S) [! x& m* ]- W) E) |Army, Navy, and Air Force; the Director of Defense Research and Engineering; 4 S s. H( N+ N T3 uthe Assistant Secretary of Defense for Program Analysis and Evaluation; the 7 I. O X* g8 k: \: V3 d+ l: XComptroller of the Department of Defense; the Director of Operational Test and# v1 `% Y4 C( s6 K Evaluation; the appropriate Defense Acquisition Board Committee Chair; and the Z8 g s/ R9 E% K& ` Defense Acquisition Board Executive Secretary. Other persons may attend at6 z) ~. x" I5 I$ z; K* F& C" L- {' ? the invitation of the Chair. (See DoD Directive 5000.49, “Defense Acquisition& L0 k) ?" c0 H& f2 N Board.”) 9 ]& M* w& ]/ z; NDefense 6 }6 Y2 I# k+ L- j, R, h: \Acquisition' z& D) o3 ?$ w& U) l* Z, D/ k) @ Board Committee: |" ?0 h% E. d, s2 _4 T3 _ Advisory review groups subordinate to the Defense Acquisition Board. The 3 e3 _. I; M% ~) m! yUnder Secretary of Defense for Acquisition determines the number of+ n# O9 Q9 Q0 W7 d3 r Committees. The purpose of the Committee is to review DoD Component , T- u r& }# S; Nprograms prior to a Defense Acquisition Board review in order to make an( K& A8 {* s' F+ j independent assessment and recommendation to the Board regarding the7 R- G D. ^3 A( ~ program. (See DoD Directive 5000.49, “Defense Acquisition Board.”)

使用道具 举报

36#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:04:03 |显示全部楼层
Defense * o/ V- N, R& g* p, q* [9 }Acquisition* ]- F% T B6 ? Executive (DAE) 6 T; a/ Z5 G, N' a' M) oThe principal advisor to the Secretary of Defense on all matters pertaining to the k7 v' Q7 x1 K/ vDepartment of Defense Acquisition System. The USD (A) is the DAE and the 8 }( t5 ~! V$ XDefense Procurement Executive (DoD Directive 5134.1). 8 t1 s5 F& s' c2 sDefense! U6 ]9 h" ]5 ?( S+ ^+ K' B Acquisition, B. \" T/ Q3 X& D Executive4 I: D0 V) i7 I( @4 \, B Summary (DAES) 8 ^ P5 i- |3 k3 E2 p: w2 H. hThe DAE’s principal mechanism for tracking programs between milestone 8 W1 Q. O( y( T! Q: C' t: zreviews. Includes programs subject to the Selected Acquisition Report (SAR),2 }) [: g. P9 t$ @ and any non-SAR programs subject to review by the Defense Acquisition Board.$ O* }0 @& T# P) U Defense 4 b6 i4 ~1 v& K N7 ?4 T. qEmployment- k7 y4 r- u+ ~0 ]( @ Option (DEO) 8 v: a7 }7 |$ w% t7 LEngagement strategy provided to USSPACECOM component forces to achieve e$ u' Y, O: q" D: Especific military objectives against a ballistic missile attack. It defines hostile ' \& l/ Z4 q u2 }+ \$ o1 }target priorities, provides assets to defend, and allocates SDS resources to be4 `3 H% I D- _ employed. A number of DEOs may reside in a particular Preplanned Response3 `) N7 R. g7 Q E* l Option (PRO). However, default DEOs (those believed to be best suited to \6 i, C& g6 m3 S& w Pcounter the threat initially) will be automatically processed and executed when ) o9 A+ x3 d( x% y- WDefense Activation Authority (DAA) is given by USCINCSPACE. 6 C. B$ ^' u' \7 ]2 p1 I& @- KDefense" G5 A5 G! }! q7 O- n8 z Enterprise0 _0 r& ]) F4 T9 _ Program (DEP) - h4 ^ l4 {1 m; x7 KAn Acquisition program designed to streamline the acquisition process by waiver ! C/ l# X" ]% Q# O# x$ ?/ a, D6 \of selected regulatory requirements. 3 a/ `% r5 s5 | ?4 N; QDefense In-Depth Locating mutually supportive defense positions in such a manner as to absorb1 S: r& Y/ S: j* _" R- M and progressively weaken an attack, prevent initial observations of the entire " |8 l) Q! D' W% ^9 Qposition by the enemy, and allow the commander to maneuver his reserve.2 r) d, D4 u/ Y. J Defense 8 t$ D9 G& v3 g/ fMeteorological: A( f& i$ v7 j- R& F+ z- v0 \ Satellite Program$ z* j; u- k1 z( ?+ p5 w. b (DMSP)+ G- ]& B0 f2 a8 K& s$ h Satellites designed to meet unique military requirements for weather information. 1 `% V' p. J! x9 x; }/ `) g# fUsed to detect and observe developing cloud patterns and follow existing; t* k& h& ]' S6 w weather systems. Visible and infrared imagery are used to form threedimensional cloud-plural analyses of various weather conditions. " K! {- ~$ }) `- ?Defense Planning ! n$ ]( l% N3 _and Resources/ i- ]; N( c% ]* j* @) y Board (DPRB); v+ p) Z: x7 T. j A board, chaired by the Deputy Secretary of Defense, established to facilitate - |( S) M1 L5 h" u( Mdecision making during all phases of the planning, programming, and budgeting5 Y3 j; l$ ]$ _* v8 L system process. Board members include the Secretaries of the Military $ u5 q7 e; n7 U$ M* CDepartments, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Under Secretaries of 6 ^7 r7 S+ L% D: UDefense for Acquisition and Technology, and Policy, the Assistant Secretary of' I% ]$ L7 I, ~, q9 Y+ G Defense for Program Analysis and Evaluation, and the Comptroller of the " ?; R1 b, O% u2 X( {Department of Defense. # `' R* @) T, {2 MMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D 4 h5 M- j) K) R( K. ]+ C" M" z76 9 s6 o7 E- _# Y' F, tDefense Planning e. X9 ^ k: _" X) |" t. K5 zGuidance (DPG) ! w8 [! l! E9 J+ o# E7 x) `Document issued by SECDEF to DoD components providing strategic framework ( d4 ]8 I! T# g$ f7 S. L% dfor developing the Service POMs. Result of planning effort by Joint Staff, OSD,$ l& p" _: J5 s* c1 V and Services. In connection with two-year budget process, DPG is issued every( ~9 U# o, [/ r1 K; N5 C6 x8 v other (even) year. 1 [! @! Q9 g5 ^& s# K0 pDefense Priority 8 R# q5 O, Y. Kand Allocation9 d' y K! j: h& A# @3 l System (DPAS) 8 H" z% T: j# D2 b: b5 c% `; GThe implementation of a statutory requirement where contracts in support of: e" S F; `$ U national defense must be accepted and performed on a priority basis over all; s6 G6 W* K' h* h' S, b other contracts, and which requires the allocation of materials and facilities in- S- h! A1 s* |" K' P such a manner as to promote the national defense. See “DO” and “DX.”2 t5 x4 s, p7 F8 ]. E0 F) f# v Defense# ?( O4 I" j4 X Readiness: y( E* d4 h" T9 t& Y Conditions 8 v- W5 `( J: c3 r% J! |(DEFCON)2 u2 n$ @) p' ?/ b- r# d A uniform system of progressive alert postures for use between the Chairman of/ {& z# l* X) ~+ j the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the commanders of unified and specified commands * M8 \: z7 N. P* W3 N& Uand for use by the Services. Defense readiness conditions are graduated to % @* ?9 L& M: |5 \8 fmatch situations of varying military severity (status of alert). Defense Readiness$ [. o3 s6 C- u2 z' W; b; c Conditions are identified by the short title DEFCON (5), (4), (3), (2), and (1), as9 B& y) m# u4 g2 {4 I# v appropriate.- }: |7 p* M+ P" k. {0 S( v Defense Satellite 6 d0 X# l3 @$ s1 q# @Communications+ M) d9 e" g, A3 E) M% }5 ~. z, u Systems (DSCS)3 X2 J0 A( C' T y Advanced communications satellites in synchronous orbit around the earth. 1 R& p, x) W# R0 cProvides high-capacity, super high-frequency (SHF) secure voice and data links8 g6 d5 V! ]) ]9 o1 s for the Worldwide Military Command and Control System (WWMCCS). They& M& |' G6 T( p support terminal deployments for contingencies; restoration of disrupted service' S% K4 d: b8 o1 h overseas; presidential travel; global connectivity for the Diplomatic. u# G% T4 F" m9 R2 X Telecommunications Services; and transmission to the continental United States ; U3 Z+ ?+ s) x" I* W Vof some surveillance, intelligence, and early warning data.. Q! E! |/ b* } Defense Satellite + ` }+ z7 x9 t h6 e; Z" y4 k(DSAT) Weapon , [+ Y% u$ Y3 W9 q, r% PA device that is intended to defend satellites by destroying attacking ASAT) ?% _3 h- y+ p4 b! y8 @ weapons. " j2 x+ {! t5 v/ I( H2 O2 `4 G# D8 RDefense Support/ X- }: B K& f- X8 g Program (DSP) " G! T+ G$ J8 h8 xA system of satellites in geo-stationary orbits, fixed and mobile ground + w& W9 d" R; B! w! q7 c4 wprocessing stations, one multi-purpose facility, and a ground communications L6 e j# ?: D network (GCN). DSP’s primary mission is to provide tactical warning and limited! I) A) ^8 A% t# o attack assessment of a ballistic missile attack. / d6 j! m% K1 {! i) oDefense + W0 S4 P7 Y( \ R+ XSuppression1 ?9 I3 b: q9 C# r! U Temporary or transient degradation of the performance of a defensive system 7 I) S5 Y5 r; U) Q8 @. S# t: e4 ybelow the level needed to fulfill its mission objectives, by an opposing force.* q& {7 L+ D; e& j: Q: c (USSPACECOM) 0 {3 R6 S4 H6 E3 Q+ T% Y/ wDefense Tier The arranging of a defensive system to correlate with the phases of a ballistic + P; }1 p) N1 V1 u# r* w# Fmissile trajectory; i.e., boost, post-boost, midcourse, and terminal.( ?6 p7 c6 A8 b5 [ Defensive* b$ Q% E1 Y0 F9 g& D Counter: a6 ]! M4 y* q# W9 J C Measures (DCM); g& z' G# C4 f Actions taken to eliminate an ASAT attack. 3 M, T9 s" R6 O( RDefensive0 M( s# E8 @7 n/ d5 P Technologies; ?7 `1 K" s3 a Study Team6 j# W* Y) d9 @+ y7 [' c. I+ Y (DTST) " m: E" b+ c& i6 \' }A committee, generally known as the “Fletcher Panel” after its Chairman, 6 O; e8 v/ i, N* Y) T# B, o' uappointed by (former) President Reagan to investigate the technologies of/ y6 R' W6 W- e2 R$ [( w* s potential BMD systems. ( H2 w) M, A9 I6 l8 ?7 ZDEFSMAC Defense Special Missiles and Astronautics Center, Ft. Meade, MD. $ L9 \* t2 |5 _! B# t5 B' `6 WDEIS Defense Enterprise Integration Services (ex-DTIS).9 f v- M7 C% q) Z DEL Delivery.% O+ v, j+ b+ Y' V Delivery Error The inaccuracy associated with a given weapon system resulting in a dispersion 1 A& }+ x- I* g; Aof shots about the aiming point. See also Circular Error Probable. 9 Q8 }' l0 k) ], L8 T9 ^MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D$ A( Y @4 ]0 @9 f 77 & L! V+ c3 Y7 w* I9 w& oDelta-V A numerical index of the maneuverability of a satellite or rocket. It is the% }) J7 J/ p: i maximum change in velocity, which a spacecraft could achieve in the absence of4 y/ G) w0 u I a gravitational field. ' [8 L% C: v; o' _Dem/Val OBSOLETE. Demonstration and Validation (DD 5000 term). q$ y* p2 A) Y( N( h Demise Altitude Altitude at which object of interest (decoy, chaff, etc.) no longer performs its0 j; U1 B# R3 L; o7 K+ O$ e- i' ^ desired function (matching RV characteristics, screening RV, etc.)# |8 C' e0 P z. W& U DEMO Demonstration." P- c' ?1 k1 g Demonstration* N- f t& H) w% {! V N and Validation % B: k% R8 C9 @* D) d' [(Dem/Val)& ^1 C6 {. U. o7 {/ k* @7 j The acquisition phase when major program characteristics and product designs" n: k: N9 e9 C are refined through extensive study and analysis, hardware development, test,4 K0 \3 f a! y and evaluations. The objective is to validate the choice of alternatives and to 6 o$ C. W& z N/ R2 m% oprovide the basis for determining whether or not to proceed into Engineering and- a5 j/ [+ w9 B: { Manufacturing Development (EMD).( ~; [! K7 |) |7 R8 A# z3 `2 M5 x Denial Measure An action to hinder or deny the enemy the use of space, personnel, or facilities. 6 _9 w9 i- H( z- I1 oIt may include destruction, removal, contamination, or erection of obstructions.2 x/ S) u- T; D `0 ?% x1 Y, E DEO Defense Employment Option.& ~) X4 Z( A+ H) H! h3 I0 x& A Department of # y1 ~% t7 ]' `: S) \Defense & \/ }, _2 S! wAcquisition# U4 w4 Z: [- ~$ e$ g5 K4 p5 C" t2 ^ System - x( ]$ L) G2 G! [9 c$ {A single uniform system whereby all equipment, facilities, and services are * e% Z% ]) B% t1 i6 H2 {planned, designed, developed, acquired, maintained, and disposed of within the 8 A& ^- ?3 v P }+ l% `Department of Defense. The system encompasses establishing and enforcing4 W$ U% r1 X# J% M5 E( V, n' _" C policies and practices that govern acquisitions, to include documenting mission 6 H/ P2 v# d8 T! _6 o% dneeds and establishing performance goals and baselines; determining and% b# b3 x' l7 X% B! N prioritizing resource requirements for acquisition programs; planning and ( Y& K; H. b4 r1 t) Xexecuting acquisition programs; directing and controlling the acquisition review5 S8 z* s1 ]# W; \# ~2 _2 }) W0 r process; developing and assessing logistics implications; contracting; monitoring1 {5 M" U' b; c7 `8 F2 q( l the execution status of approved programs; and reporting to Congress. (See 0 K8 }4 ^# U/ C7 x2 v! v+ sDoD Directive 5134.1, “Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisition).”)3 A7 i; {( V2 M; k/ l Deployment (1) The placement of force elements in battle positions to obtain a higher 4 u1 `, d L7 Wstate of readiness.) e: i$ R4 k8 I- t# D (2) The movement required to place force elements in battle positions.# \* e" c' t: S, I (3) Fielding the weapons system by placing it into operational use with units * F' _9 U0 ^1 m$ c: sin the field/fleet.3 z: u/ Y6 I$ |4 O- G9 |/ f (4) To arrange, place, or move strategically.# W u# l% `! H0 R Deployment ( e4 B0 s: x0 Y- d* SPlanning * ?8 v0 C+ i0 r& M8 u(1) The development and maintenance of plans required to initially deploy,0 h' t* ]% r4 p$ H maintain, and evolve the operational system in accordance with0 I0 ~9 c$ T( b3 I( W9 V7 j& Z ` schedules and priorities. It includes factors such as launch facility+ [" |$ o" n# X4 W. m1 S9 S availability and planning for the availability of other required elements0 d0 H: X" ]7 Q. U X% O9 o/ ` such as trained personnel or units. In addition, it identifies the impact of 2 g' o) G; j7 N* J/ ]deployment on operational readiness and any testing constraints+ }9 e1 ^4 m5 ~6 D9 b9 q associated with deployment. ' R0 C. B# G0 f/ T( J$ L3 q* m(2) Encompasses all activities from origin or home station through- Q2 P- V* n( c! }8 ^& y* o destination, specifically including intra-continental United States, intertheater, and intra-theater movement legs, staging areas, and holding 5 ~$ C) l u$ D! eareas.

使用道具 举报

37#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:04:19 |显示全部楼层
Deployment( p+ q- X4 R" Z Testing + _7 p \: u1 Z8 l, C* ^7 vThe testing and/or simulation of system assets in the physical and operational & u; f3 f7 B0 N% [3 s9 genvironment in which they are expected to perform. 3 a9 i( q( M% `$ Y0 Q" N( [9 D5 DDepOpsDep Service Deputy Operations Deputies. # ]7 F& o# e2 _1 ^MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D' x+ q0 S! d9 s% K 78 * ^: m, ^8 u3 y4 T# h/ |! g4 @Depressed+ O& u4 }- Q( Q7 t+ ? Trajectory: Z6 s3 G& U9 i" S$ N+ ` Trajectory with an apogee below that of the minimum-energy trajectory. ' R7 A0 W+ {/ v4 @9 N' R+ QDEPSCoR Defense Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research. , X4 d. c* }6 FDEPSECDEF Deputy Secretary of Defense. ; l: ^7 |5 }! q$ x2 q3 BDeSecState Deputy Secretary of State.1 c" t% [1 \; |! ^: @6 r- L2 v9 o7 k DERA Defense Evaluation and Research Agency. Consolidated research and( [2 ~# e! Q. }0 c development resources of the U.K. Ministry Defence. Headquartered in . c2 W- l! d/ N1 @Farnborough, England." o9 C# u% o9 J; {4 C Derivative ( o6 i2 k# l: g, W s- M& hClassification " X; _( |2 I6 Y8 Z- z6 {0 SA determination that information is in substance the same as information. I _- E% ?; y. s7 w# T6 N! e* G! X currently classified and the application of the same classification marking.; I2 W$ N( Z/ G- ?8 G DES Data Encryption Standard.! T3 x& R3 p8 k DESC Defense Electronics Supply Center (DLA term). ) m& h! ~: T" `Design9 C+ i% s5 D, q6 I: ?$ ?9 a Constraints" m$ c# C7 U1 w% B3 a9 X Boundary conditions within which the developer must remain while allocating 3 f4 O, H, s# M5 }$ Kperformance requirements and/or synthesizing system elements. 5 a' F+ B* g+ k fDesign s$ K% a& y! B6 [5 t" x* B: Z" [* N Parameters 3 [% m& t1 F$ t* `7 jQualitative, quantitative, physical, and functional value characteristics that are " }8 m: G) ?; v) W( _, R2 u4 xinputs to the design process, for use in design tradeoffs, risk analyses, and% m4 b) @& I+ }1 W development of a system that is responsive to system requirements. 8 U2 F* t/ n6 _% f% eDesign Phase A period of time in the software life cycle during which the designs for 8 J" l% _$ J+ h5 }. R; aarchitecture, software components, interfaces, and data are created, * P2 x4 _- O. }2 I! R1 ^documented, and verified to satisfy requirements. ) B# v' p7 X" A* B$ k+ m) LDesign-to-Cost/ A2 v% T! U1 F5 H+ C# x/ A. |7 t: e) d (DTC) Goal ' Q# g! m5 U# \1 c. p/ ZManagement concept wherein rigorous cost goals are established during: R% W7 l6 R# ~: S development, and the control of systems costs (acquisition, operating, and, ] R$ K% y! z support) to these goals is achieved by practical tradeoffs between operational1 r- c! C, a: @: @9 I capability, performance, costs, and schedule. Cost, as a key design parameter, 6 S& l( x/ T% [! A: G! Zis addressed on a continuing basis and as an inherent part of the development 6 z' U/ k% N/ Jand production process. A DTC goal should be in the form of average unit 5 S: v6 A: y4 z* z- O* w! n, Vflyaway cost. Also, DTC parameters for operation and support will be& V8 F: q! u; X1 o2 I7 o selected—parameters that are design-controllable, significantly affect O&S costs, 2 U6 s8 \8 E% x0 pand can be measured during test and evaluation. Parameters may be , ~) K6 S3 t6 z! L, c) I9 pexpressed in dollars or by other measurable factors, e.g., manpower, reliability, or% K& H: G1 X: ~' G0 E9 } maintainability. Firm goals and thresholds will be established no later than entry 4 r X$ W& y$ V4 einto EMD (Milestone II). This is an in-house goal, almost contractual in nature,* a8 Y, {& A" m- v0 ?/ U between the PM (Service) and the SECDEF. Allocations from this goal will& ~: ]1 J0 i/ A% y" I0 s become the contractual DTC goals for contractors supporting the program. - j1 Y! B" @5 Q% a9 x. I" O/ [Det Detachment.9 a+ G& M+ K7 o/ [5 l+ h- I$ I DETEC Defense Technology Evaluation Code. 2 x2 k7 C! J" J5 w: S a* wDetector A passive IR, visible, UV detector turns photons into an electrical signal. The * Y* Q% N& C' ]1 l- G" Z$ IIFOV of the detector is its solid angular sub-tense. There is sometimes 6 Y6 N0 _9 S9 }2 I9 ~6 j2 n" x7 Zconfusion between the detector sub-tense (size) and the pixel (picture element; d6 `7 \2 `3 X. | size). They are the same for a staring sensor, but in a scanner it depends on % y' @ x6 [( E; u: J! pthe array offset and number of samples per dwell. A pixel area is often only onesixth or one-eighth of a detector angular area.- q7 i& p @; L# G9 } MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D 8 U3 s+ t8 D S+ E79 2 c' s% c9 h0 |0 k% J# kDEV ENV Development Environment. ; W0 `5 t& K, G; Z1 TDevelopment) E/ h4 q# C. \ Test (DT)6 @1 G* ]! G+ g/ B2 u Test conducted by the development test organization to achieve specified test , Y# b! A1 w* ]3 X$ c0 U# M& ~* _objectives. It may be a complete test, a subtest, or a phase of a test. 1 b+ h2 Q) Q$ w; I3 i; G$ o9 x$ ]Development # Q" ?) Z: z$ P! V7 p$ sTest I (DT I) " X( ]+ a$ F% a# O! ~' j2 yA series of tests conducted during the demonstration and validation phase.6 O' X( q& k% e7 k4 m8 Q: J& l Components, subsystems, or the total (or full) system are examined to determine / H8 [( L8 ?6 \% b3 h/ ywhether the system is ready for EMD. State-of-the-art technology is addressed0 W3 |9 R9 P0 g6 f in DT I.% l. k! [, v7 M4 g# c2 p: b( n Development; e$ E r$ i. \+ K; s Test II (DT II) ) |5 x: \! i5 B3 P# J/ `7 wA series of tests, normally during EMD, which provide the technical data $ G" a: a5 `, ~' F- |$ _necessary to assess whether the system is ready for low-rate initial or full 4 B2 g" j. j# t% @% s/ M7 ]; l2 Y6 |+ u9 G' gproduction. It measures the technical performance and safety characteristics of V2 r( f9 V: \ W+ |the item and evaluates its associated tools, test equipment, training package, ; F3 l9 o- F4 ?" @and maintenance test package as described in the development plan. DT II1 @4 V; y% Z; y- } addresses accomplishment of engineering design goals and the fulfillment of$ y/ G: Q) e9 A) i- f' u contract specifications.& t, d8 O( ?4 ]# O- _ Development n5 v. V) d. S$ N Test III (DT III) % T3 W# A3 i6 a1 w. n' Q6 s( R8 uTests conducted during production. # f1 n! a: D" \, GDevelopment * g" Y) v) D$ i5 f9 L# X& N! pTest and # k- v2 s: E7 NEvaluation( L; b8 z" n/ H (DT&E)1 U9 ~! a# n4 |+ Y" e. } Test and evaluation conducted to measure progress, usually of - d) u: t' t/ D& M8 V5 Ncomponent/subsystems, and the proofing of manufacturing processes and k* a" W$ { T( M controls and to assist the engineering design and development process and 6 M0 h. S# C$ h, dverify attainment of technical performance specifications and objectives. Usually! W" e* ]/ H; n0 }* [& S! P conducted under controlled or laboratory conditions. Can be conducted before' v+ Y4 I0 t1 d* F& c; G or after production begins.6 M9 M0 k. {' W& ]: e6 u* x0 W4 I Development 1 Z" f( e! f! F' D6 HTest (DT)0 H7 ?/ @. H' i3 V1 G9 [* c Test conducted by the development test organization to achieve specified test3 s9 G7 n$ w+ w& X( ~* V9 P0 Y, v0 O) d objectives. It may be a complete test, a subtest, or a phase of a test.. L7 W0 p# t" \' F Deviation Criteria Limits established beyond which a Program Manager may not trade-off cost,* A$ q1 ~9 n9 ^5 a& s7 b' B5 k schedule, or performance without authorization from the milestone decision / e/ N% m5 a0 m8 pauthority. Acquisition Program Baseline (APB) thresholds represent these: q( Z4 G$ b+ c# K& v" g% i parameters.8 b. q+ {% L. `' O; S# h Devolution of5 P6 {( _. Z7 ~+ C- a# C Command $ o; M" A3 q0 |# n! C3 m+ tMinimal essential operational capability to perform C2 provided in an orderly and 9 H5 U2 g; w6 I- Q R7 gtimely fashion to a duly authorized successor. 8 M; b1 r$ ?8 u& uDEW (1) Directed Energy Weapon. (2) Directed Energy Warfare.; I3 ]: E% l0 n6 \5 ]8 M7 A6 N DEW/D Directed Energy Weapon/Discrimination. 5 m+ O0 {0 v7 [3 G4 G+ p) s1 QDEWG, O Directed Energy Weapon Ground, Orbital$ H7 u8 C4 }$ D# x DEWL Directed Energy Weapon, Laser (thermal or impulse). 1 R7 [( g2 {- V6 |8 s: ?' A+ t s& NDEWP Directed Energy Weapon, Particle Beam (neutral or charged).$ V2 H9 R- c) H7 K; y1 v& P7 b( ` DF-KBS Data Fusion Knowledge Based System. : h% ]9 P- Q C2 M" B# JDF2 Deuterium Fluoride. * y4 Z+ v. O3 J8 G+ e! B9 V% jDFAR Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation 3 v* d6 I6 x, F4 a2 T+ p2 f* xDFARS Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement.9 l# u+ a2 T+ n ]% V' [3 F; I MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D. R$ [" N6 A; k% I' v 80 9 O0 }3 R7 [7 w+ vDFAS Defense Financing and Accounting Service., `+ F+ H' p+ F+ t& Z* |7 R DG OBSOLETE. Defense Guidance. See Defense Planning Guidance.$ A9 M) D" n! f3 B+ N DGA Director General of Armaments (France).# e( U! m* T8 ` k) G d8 R DGP Defense Group on Proliferation. ! M) w1 F' N6 }6 L) u4 k r$ QDI (1) Data Item. (2) Developmental Item. 9 }0 [ ?' G: ]! }. Z, U4 S3 aDIA Defense Intelligence Agency. 2 w1 j% m/ u0 G- {- F$ `- FDIAC Defense Intelligence Analysis Center. 2 o: ?, f2 c7 j5 {& y" ^DIAM Defense Intelligence Agency Manual 6 w, E6 ?! S0 j* |; F+ c8 fDiameter (Optics) The unit of measure of the light gathering power of a lens. , _( P( ~" ?5 Y; X* |% WDICE Digital Integrated Combat Evaluator. 2 [* l B8 `' ^. c: C% ?DID Data Item Description. " q* e4 L5 |) B' {Diffraction The spreading out of electromagnetic radiation as it leaves an aperture. The & e( g) C: r f6 g, I4 Dangle of spread, which cannot be eliminated by focusing, is proportional to the 3 m+ h6 O; }2 |ratio of the wavelength of radiation to the diameter of the aperture. 5 I/ |* S {& ~- Z. ? ]Digital) O. w: u' C% ~9 T Processing . p1 H, d2 v) ~The most familiar type of computing, in which problems are solved through the- W- V" L4 G) Q' n2 W mathematical manipulation of streams of bits. ( v/ e+ _: ]' r9 u) m/ BDII Defense Information Infrastructure% k5 |% Q& L) } Dip A period of significantly decreased RCS signatures of an RV at low altitude (6 to" H- p# n7 S# D* D, z$ g: Z! u0 i' \$ ` 12 km) between wake termination and de-sheathing. p# A# ^ |+ [! ?$ qDIPS Dynamic Isotope Power System (which provides up to 10 kW of power). . `5 v0 D3 y4 g4 H$ b G5 SDIR Director. * i! `! t# P. m7 A! gDirect Air* E. S: J+ o" W+ q: _% \ Support Center * |6 M2 z* X% `. v4 kA subordinate operational component of a tactical air control system designed ' L9 } A4 I2 C, l3 r+ n+ ^' Bfor control and direction of close air support and other tactical air support, {8 r! y9 {0 u5 P( m0 D operations, and normally collocated with fire support coordination elements. 8 q" ~$ R" V( ?7 \5 O0 d7 fDirect Cost Any cost that is specifically identified with a particular final cost objective. Is not 0 X# W5 `' A7 Z6 C8 r+ |9 n/ Tnecessarily limited to items that are incorporated into the end product as labor or " V, a* ]! B( r; W5 E1 f+ g$ }' dmaterial. 9 Q7 A6 P( F) A0 ?; k! z/ J PDirect Labor Labor specifically identified with a particular final cost objective. Manufacturing) J+ O+ ~ v) ?. `6 L4 E direct labor includes fabrication, assembly, inspection and test for constructing; n2 | F! n5 y% k& N) o the end product. Engineering direct labor consists of engineering labor such as - i6 n# `9 J+ J% l2 ^reliability, quality assurance, test, design, etc., that is readily identified with the Y' ?1 }1 X2 T% K6 z4 x x5 r end product. # `9 U2 k, n, q" XDirected Energy - K" w+ C( B( D0 t. _(DE) : v, I* `* I2 o4 B/ j1. Energy in the form of atomic particles, pellets, or focused electromagnetic' T6 u" i* L& ?" A2 u/ [ beams that can be sent long distances at, or nearly at, the speed of j4 o; I! U; j0 M( F8 [ light. ' K- x7 P8 x2 A4 U1 `, {& G2. An umbrella term covering technologies that relate to the production of a * m/ a7 Y9 C5 R& R7 H0 Fbeam of concentrated electromagnetic energy or atomic or subatomic particles. 0 b! J* V, V8 h. y- R) yMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D5 g9 v4 X3 [& }4 e* V: u 81' f! L( c$ x7 r% y- w Directed Energy ) @) f: e \* @" q1 _- z# E/ `: LDevice & A) s7 y9 o+ k; i. DA system using directed energy primarily for a purpose other than as a weapon. ' b$ ~2 T% I% }& L. z5 w, N x0 o; sDirected energy devices may produce effects that could allow the device to be% x( p/ b r$ [* ]" e# e used as a weapon against certain threats, for example, laser rangefinders. , ~1 @, X/ {' D0 s) sDirected Energy . o/ b: A, N1 FWeapon (DEW)' `# D' y( c) u1 w( f A system using directed energy primarily as a direct means to damage or destroy* N$ q" Z: n. y$ e. A: f& @' Y enemy equipment, facilities, and personnel. 8 d+ h0 L1 y" e4 G$ G! s% q+ I1 bDIRLAUTH Direct Liaison Authorized.$ W# m9 U- `5 M+ o6 }/ i1 }3 P DIRNSA Director, National Security Agency. ( X2 j' h3 [+ u) S; B; Y TDIS (1) Distributed Interactive Simulation. (2) Defense Investigative Service. * h( a. ^( s- ^9 A3 o: aDISA Defense Information Systems Agency, Washington, DC. (Formerly known as/ D5 ]& O( E. v& r' z6 Y& D Defense Communications Agency). & w6 ?# Y; k1 B! yDISCO Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office4 `/ g8 j0 X5 p: A m DISCOM Division Support Command (US Army term). ) J" H+ _) D; z; D0 i' ^+ NDiscretionary2 ` {& D2 a2 v% {2 n Judgment+ r- O- n- A/ A' U3 i The authority given USCINCSPACE or his duly authorized representative to . W8 s' _# j! T5 uperform actions not covered by the ROE.

使用道具 举报

38#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:04:40 |显示全部楼层
DISCRIM Discrimination6 d0 g! \* ^3 u4 p) Y: |( c0 | DISN Defense Information System Network (DISA term). 1 Q0 K4 H, D* T. HDISSP Defense-wide Information Systems Security Program. & K5 [6 w2 X& i+ {' y1 B5 kDISUM Daily Intelligence Summary (JFACC term).% ]' Y9 s* g0 Q1 ]7 Y DITDS Defense Intelligence Threat Data System.9 W# a4 S9 u. }, ?$ g' T3 M DITP Discriminating Interceptor Technology Program. The objective of DITP is the * P, @% n8 E! i# u3 ?0 Q( zdevelopment of advanced interceptor seekers to counter advanced threats.( }/ l: n) R' g0 e' {' [ DITP will integrate passive and active sensors into an interceptor seeker that & V6 f4 r2 k! v' K, Sintegrates data fusion processors, multicolor infrared sensors, and LADAR. DTP ! D/ w# w( @1 D1 @3 jflight demonstrations will involve the tracking and interceptor on-board/ f- Z* e3 ^4 C5 M discrimination of targets of opportunity while providing fusion processor data : b6 a+ f4 g+ _" D" m Wtelemetry. (See also ASTP). % L) y9 _& ^. }+ TDIVARTY Division Artillery (US Army term).5 E. @! @" U5 s) I3 F( [& L8 V2 I DIW Defensive Information Warfare., R0 a0 V! K- A$ d DLA Defense Logistics Agency, Alexandria, VA.2 G0 I& f n# j2 u$ A DLSC Defense Logistics Services Center (Battle Creek, MI)., y7 C/ }; k. I: S* A* _ DM Data Management' w: d7 z: h2 s# o) J0 H DMA Defense Mapping Agency, Fairfax, VA.. v2 b4 w. B7 Z x; \ DME Distributed Management Environment. , l4 v) M$ i8 f! l' K5 E! JDMI Dual-Mode Interceptor.2 S8 A' }# e" E( [; _/ s& D MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D: m' l8 X$ f: A# \& f 82* u, N' G' N* ^+ a3 e DMRD Defense Management Review Decision.6 v% o! _( V3 A DMS (1) Defense Message System. - D w5 X1 \3 B! B' `9 n6 X(2) Dissimilar Mission Simulator. 9 |/ T( S" G3 k" J" c2 nDMSO Defense Modeling and Simulation Office (OSD).. w$ Y; z: _9 v' | DMSP Defense Meteorological Satellite Program. 9 F6 v% Z) D& s* @/ N% ^; zDMU Disk Memory Unit.. z- f8 J5 e: s* M# d7 U: W DNA Defense Nuclear Agency, Alexandria, VA.& a7 v5 e, \7 t7 |$ R DNMS Distributed Network Management System. 5 M; M) H6 L( Z7 xDNSIX DoDIIS Network Security Information Exchange6 c! ~. J/ Z, h$ i DNSO Defense Network Systems Organization." x( t8 g, h/ M DO The lowest rating under the DPAS. All “DO” orders take preference over unrated * z a- L7 q; h& Norders to meet a required delivery date.9 n# Q* D7 @/ D1 U, C" O6 O: Q \ Doc Document- P$ x" }6 P3 J6 H! G7 R4 H DOCPREP Documentation Preparation.& c0 D6 x Z+ r+ N Doctrine Fundamental principles by which the military forces or elements thereof guide& I3 B% ~$ A- P' W their actions in support of national objectives. It is authoritative but requires: O/ ]. }) P! `- S2 [4 p* U$ X judgment in the application. See also Combined Doctrine. ( F. X( `1 K5 yDoD Department of Defense; S5 p% E+ e5 X" b. U! x) p; e DoD Component " C! C) ]% L: Q$ C2 SAcquisition 7 ?9 v; X: A# Z' |# J2 _7 h7 hExecutive# T }; H3 i+ Z0 b5 } A single official within a DoD Component who is responsible for all acquisition. ?& K: a) g' l) _ functions within that Component. This includes Service Acquisition Executives , C7 j) |( q/ F; X4 i) f4 sfor the Military Departments and Acquisition Executives in other DoD 1 ?& H, ]' W% N, SComponents who have acquisition management responsibilities. 5 u0 v6 a0 {: O$ O/ h, l% i# Y. d3 u% hDoD Components The Office of the Secretary of Defense; the Military Departments; the Chairman, 9 X7 a* m$ x' j$ R4 h1 \ e$ bJoint Chiefs of Staff and Joint Staff; the Unified and Specified Commands; the8 s4 i |. k$ l3 x Defense Agencies; and DoD Field Activities. 1 e, G1 C& i( Z( m9 J! }DoDD DoD Directive.6 b( @- @: O) y1 \' f( Q DoD Directive 7 Y1 v3 ~4 M6 i6 t; @5000.1, @0 k) S2 o* |4 Q “Defense Acquisition.” The principal DoD directive on acquisition. It establishes) q: H5 Q- s! w policies, practices and procedures of governing the acquisition of defense+ \+ ^$ S6 J+ N; v `) i) e9 n acquisition programs.5 t# `# {) E4 K5 M DoDI DoD Instruction." G# v6 c% E% H' s) A$ V N DoD Instruction8 U# S, i$ A9 i( y$ }0 ?! h 5000.25 k- ]5 {. b0 a' U: G% ^7 L& i “Defense Acquisition Management Policies and Procedures.” Implements DODD, f7 t5 w4 e: H* k# Y! q8 C 5000.1. ' y4 y( e3 s; h/ @, f1 SDoDIIS DoD Intelligence Information System. C, \* C" J, X& p, r' y DoDISS DoD Index of Specifications and Standards. ' D. [2 B/ G9 u" |; rDoD-M DoD Manual.6 w6 w+ S" e+ U$ y0 w4 U6 m MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D( F8 {) u- I8 b- Y0 S' ? 839 p4 g1 y; f7 n% G/ o& ` DoDR Department of Defense Regulation.7 U. y/ n3 d) ^+ [ DOD-STD Department of Defense Standard.! Z V" j }7 u: ~+ _$ G3 `- E DoE Department of Energy. 6 X% f A0 K# B8 q @4 vDOF Degrees of Freedom. + `* x" e0 I& cDog House Large Soviet A-frame radar used as a component of the Moscow ABM system 4 {. ~' E% p3 B. `, u, Rhaving a detection range of approximately 3000 km. It is believed to provide 4 [5 b U5 G5 B; R% @( y1 @* Zbattle management for the totality of Moscow defenses.8 W5 O2 m/ g& Z2 G DOP (1) Degree of Protection. (2) Depot Overhaul Point (ILS term).+ O: H1 M% L7 U/ ] DOPAA Description of Proposed Actions and Alternative (environmental term).* O. Z3 {- h% C4 E* u Doppler Effect The phenomenon evidenced by the change in the observed frequency of a4 t4 W5 w+ ?9 s8 @% K: L sound or radio wave caused by a time rate of change in the effective length of ! Y% t, V* x! R) b/ Qthe path of travel between the source and the point of observation. " B& P' z- n$ ZDoS Department of State (US). , Z ~5 ^! p0 QDOS Disk Operating System (TelComm/Computer term).& {2 |+ u+ b G DoT Department of Transportation [US].6 e7 i B6 f6 l* Q" g; E DOT Designated Optical Tracker.7 I; l4 i+ D# u4 U DOT&E Director, Operational Test & Evaluation. & w O- d# O0 N( D9 D9 \DOTH Defense of the Homeland. 3 v$ W/ S9 N8 i5 ~$ n7 ~Down Select To reduce the number of contractors working on a program by eliminating one or q C- a! b- {; E- A more for the next phase.# p5 j. V+ `5 T1 K% A; P5 K DP (1) Data Processor. (2) Decision Point. (3) Deployment Planning.5 e& G: L: `, e& e DPA Defense Production Act. ; E9 F/ B* o+ F7 E& aDPA&E Director, Program Analysis and Evaluation. 9 a) K) H, O" `" vDPAS Defense Priority and Allocation System.+ S; w+ L8 S, j8 K8 {. Z4 P f4 L DPAT Dynamic Program Analysis Tool. 4 B! Y# w$ ~9 M Q/ E% CDPB Defense Policy Board. * j4 c/ i( s5 d+ H# U9 U; m ADPG Defense Planning Guidance.- A1 v. U' O1 E" a! q9 C DPM Deputy Program Manager. 5 R, F$ r7 l" q& o! D9 WDPML Deputy Program Manager for Logistics $ s+ A/ a' X1 D* B- rDPP Distributed and Parallel Processing (Computer term). & b9 V* Q- u1 z" ?! h( qDPR Defense Performance Review.9 l1 N# c4 u k% p MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D ; C) I$ V: i: W84 n* n! x' z4 u% v9 c3 \DPRB See Defense Planning and Resources Board.! t# `6 }. k1 v7 V. g( c DPRK Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea).5 ?5 }; z* v+ ^ W5 r. j+ f DPRO Defense Plant Representatives Office. , n4 P) J; K O& f$ u9 H, uDPSSL Diode-Pumped Solid State Laser.3 a. a/ u' j4 C: |+ E DR Deployment Review.0 @: k) o' T; r( e; Z5 M DRAM Dynamic Random Access Memory. / ~( r$ I4 T! Z: x- cDraw-down Curve A method used to encapsulate the overall performance of a BMD system that $ B' i6 \2 s r# q2 |plots the probability of survival on the vertical axis versus the number of attacking 6 g+ E/ ^' M! Y- {' k' v+ h. l3 ?8 vRVs on the horizontal axis. Used in conjunction with attack price, they are the! g6 T# s J0 P& i, g most important expressions of a BMD capability. 1 `7 e. x. a) ]5 fDRB Defense Resources Board.9 K1 r% o5 Z9 f DREN Defense Research and Engineering Network. " @; M: J. {: I! yDRFP Draft Request for Proposal. ' K0 c/ R& o4 TDrift In ballistics, a shift in projectile direction due to gyroscopic action that results from $ R8 W( }8 f* ]# b7 G. u5 ~gravitational and atmospherically induced torques on the spinning projectile. ' z7 v+ V P, x x% Q3 G) b O, ]DRM DAB Readiness Meeting (DD 5000.2 term). . O' m T. D% k4 Q nDrone A land, sea, or air vehicle that is remotely or automatically controlled. See also1 g2 @# S3 |. U$ y+ I, V Remotely Piloted Vehicle. & K8 U4 h( q# d% g: J- D cDRP (1) Deployment Readiness Plan (US Army term).7 Q2 E' O! f& v n+ ` (2) Deployment Readiness Program. . ^/ S+ U$ r) H% N( w0 vDRR Digital Receiver Replacement (USN term).2 V/ N2 R: b1 X/ X: x DS Deep Space. + ~4 @0 P" l' |5 s- ADS-1 Category of telecommunications circuit capability.( ]& J. i5 A" p, k) o" l x' ` DS-3 LAN Category of telecommunications circuit for a Local Area Network.- {5 p2 x8 k2 F5 L5 z2 r DSAA Defense Security Assistance Agency (OSD)." t6 T/ Z8 B- T/ I/ L8 X3 ` DSAT Defense Satellite Weapon. ; C( p" Q! \+ ]. B4 r* {+ dDSB Defense Science Board./ v( r4 Z2 Y$ U2 |: @ DSCS Defense Satellite Communications Systems.0 b/ [3 ~3 x! p DSCS-3 Defense Satellite Communications System Three. " Y' Z) U$ i# c& j$ W+ X0 bDSCSOC Defense Satellite Communications System Ops Center.' b2 ^2 {( @, B% S0 u DSI Defense Simulation Internet * _( q2 V' w0 `MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D6 {9 X D' {/ h1 `; D 85' _# } B ]9 T5 C: o8 g4 h DSIS (1) Defense Special Intelligence System. (2) Defense Simulation Internet / l" r, D; |6 a4 X. g* S& \System. / {& D; S4 R) U q6 `2 qDSM Decision Support Matrix N P9 S2 b" p DSMAC Digital Scene-Matching Area Correlation." z/ [) u- t2 R; x3 ~& h1 h+ `" O DSMC Defense Systems Management College.4 ~% a' ?$ I3 N2 w! Q& R DSN (1) Defense Switched Network (formerly AUTOVON).8 {0 a- Y1 ?' C! f (2) Deep Space Network (NASA term).: {- E) {% ? S, F3 s DSP (1) Defense Support Program. (2) Defense Standardization Program. ( I0 G' w1 o$ y; `5 G6 N: XDSPRTM Defense Support Program Real-Time Model.5 @7 e; X4 Y# t3 t DSR Data Set Ready (TelComm/Computer term).1 B* Y8 l1 Q% i* F- Q DSRCE Down Scooped Radio Control Equipment (TelComms term). 0 @& b& x1 b% XDSS (1) Defense Supply Service. (2) Digital Signature Standard. 5 w7 Z1 O8 E2 U) |9 g$ BDST Defense Suppression Threat. " }$ a- ]$ V1 P7 K% G GDSTAR Defense Strategic and Tactical Array Reproducibility. 6 p! x6 A9 q9 u3 w# K- f- eDSTO Defence Science Technology Organization (Australia).) S: K) R5 T7 i DSU Digital Service Unit (Telecomm/Computer term). # ?8 p: n+ v y+ J6 ~DSWA Defense Special Weapons Agency, Alexandria, VA. DSWA is the successor to, m, T' x# I! e( i) z% K the DNA.4 U2 ^% i% h5 }$ N+ m DT (1) Discrimination Technique. 6 c: o: F* ]) ](2) Development Testing. 0 \4 o- }0 A1 @4 J' Z( v" T(3) See Development Test I, II, III. ; t! L6 b+ B. b. h$ Q" t# p(4) Down Time (ILS term). K: p# N: t( N! n; [' ~. K (5) Depressed Trajectory.% P% _4 J2 S) ~% ~0 Z8 h (6) Dedicated Target. ( i. P( N8 R$ B6 G0 }DT&E Development Test and Evaluation.% F) I' d4 Q8 ^8 A6 \ DT/OA Development Test/Operational Assessment.2 e" U, y2 K* Z' B) W- e& D! U DT/OT Developmental Test/Operational Test. h$ U& y6 J& R3 P7 |' x+ A w DTAP Defense Technology Area Plan. : T& k# X2 H' Y' LDTC Design-to-Cost. : z2 j$ ^/ S9 B% f* E- p* ZDTD Digital Transfer Device (TelComm/Computer term). D( B% L. d% D6 A DTE Data Terminal Equipment (TelComm/Computer term). 9 Q4 w! B6 J* SDTED Digital Terrain Elevation Data.3 G( C6 H5 o$ j/ d DTIC Defense Technical Information Center, Alexandria, VA. , |$ ?4 ~9 T; h" y5 Z% w$ o2 sMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D. }- y6 M u) r 86; ~' r. }5 Y4 { DTIS Defense Technical Information Services (now DEIS)., N% _. Y2 n# f- V6 ^* u9 \0 B DTLCC Design to Life-Cycle Cost. 7 n% {7 i6 `$ D& B# T! f' RDTLOMS Doctrine, Training, Leadership, Organization, Material, and Soldiers (USA BCBL- r( Y( T; n$ z) r1 a6 d% b4 A% W& g term). % y) R4 ~& X3 t, E4 E$ _' y- N, ODTLS Descriptive Top-Level Specification.0 U) g/ V) X5 W, p9 u! I5 l DTMF Data Tone Multiple Frequency (TelComm/Computer term). / ]' ^1 K# b0 u+ M C% lDTO Defense Technology Objectives. ; n& W0 E1 y" T* r' O) C) X% GDTOC Division Tactical Operations Center. 9 _8 l5 z" N' b! g! ^9 b: I$ SDTR (1) Demonstration Test Round. (2) Development Test Round.4 J+ q6 S5 M' ~) n2 u DTRM Dual Thrust Rocket Motor.# \9 f4 A0 G. ] X% s: f DTSA Defense Technology Security Administration./ |; t: t1 v5 X8 c" e. o& R1 d t DTSE&E Director, Test Systems Engineering and Evaluation. ! Y* [) p# T5 |+ @: D5 E2 O' YDTST Defensive Technologies Study Team. / w Y. B8 l: p" P# @- Z5 p+ HDTT Design-To Threat # ?( b: ~/ [, n `8 s9 F: ]DTWT Dual Traveling Wave Tube (Electronics Engineering term).+ ~0 |$ T2 A$ k3 f6 q5 { DU Depleted Uranium. : I% ^8 o7 I; }1 p$ p" ]DUA Design Upgrade Assessment. 8 C: v. U. s1 aDual Source Two contractors producing the same components or end items for the same/ U6 B3 ?5 g# ~% B program. m5 U3 i7 h) K8 ^) D. V; u; V/ U9 ] DUNDEE Down Under Early Warning Experiment (MDA/DSTO term).& q. Z( I$ N; _$ c DURIP Defense University Research Instrumentation Program. ) E" ?8 [, o( [( n) Q0 e1 t- g# s& IDUSD Deputy Under Secretary of Defense. / ^/ @7 W$ `3 N' hDUSD (ES) Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Environmental Security). % { Z6 d1 u; n5 K# gDVAL Demonstration Validation. . a" a7 v+ G' q% q# L1 _# `! i! jDX The highest rating under the DPAS. It takes preference over all other rated and 4 H) [% d6 s. h# anot rated orders on a contractor’s production line. The BMD program carries a3 Q. j0 [2 U! u7 i$ R& }" ^ “DX” rating.( \8 O& t/ J0 |; ~ U0 R8 V MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E

使用道具 举报

39#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:04:59 |显示全部楼层
87 " S. X& E2 C$ K, d' c* |E East $ g; u% O5 M! S+ d7 X( r1 CE2 I See Endo-Exoatmospheric Interceptor. " e# J0 Y8 r( x& b5 ZE2SRD Effectively Two-System Requirement Document.) A7 E- {# B9 `9 v. y7 w E3 (1) Electromagnetic Environmental Effects. . o1 ]1 W& o& j+ @% o8 G(2) Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical.# s7 x; w4 X8 j" X+ |! ~ E Spec Materiel Specification. , D' O) u- Z9 g+ s2 A" IEA (1) Environmental Assessment. 0 S# f( M% F/ Y. D) ~(2) Engagement Authorization.7 R+ Y) G' M% u* \0 } (3) Executing Agent.* ]7 l5 B5 |/ G3 Y3 I8 V) h0 `2 R (4) Evolutionary Acquisition., C v4 Q$ J/ { (5) Environmental Analysis (environmental term). 8 K% X9 k) G9 s$ ^9 ~2 Q(6) Executive Agent. " e8 z2 t+ B+ o& }EAC Estimated Cost at Completion. : w: {) D7 s: `% ?9 X% U& y: W1 UEAD (1) Engineering Analysis and Design. (2) Extended air defense. 2 J2 Z5 Q6 \& h/ g6 j! ^7 v0 MEAD/D Engineering, Analysis, Design and Development.$ z) e' p& R! B1 M0 n- F8 Q+ ] EADSIM Extended Air Defense Simulation.0 T$ f* \3 ?& \9 n EADTB Extended Air Defense Test Bed. An object-oriented simulation tool allowing . b# \: Y& o, \- g, E7 S' Ausers to model military response to airborne and ballistic missile threats. . R1 z. e! p; I: i+ ?- ^8 cEADTBP Extended Air Defense Test Bed Program.; [7 j C0 h9 e( @1 q' D+ r5 v! A EAGLE Extended Airborne Global Launch Evaluator. : v: B: D8 _/ ^2 TEAM Emergency Action Message. . i! g9 F# B" l- @! x# V: ~EAR Export Administration Regulations.+ y+ d, @/ @) Q' `( _ Early Operational! \% L( z2 `/ ? Assessment6 R. V7 L# E' d/ M5 h' B E6 q7 v An operational assessment conducted prior to, or in support of, Milestone II.* N6 w' Z! _: Z" i7 z9 u* ]" L' a Early User Test5 |/ Y( a# M/ K, |* p! a' D (EUT). f& w1 \1 h2 r' `- }; {% a- u% l A test employing representative users to examine materiel concepts, training or & Z! R( f& d: W& |logistics planning, or inter-operability issues. EUT can be accomplished during 7 X6 [9 @# b7 F: G6 |DEM/VAL on brassboard configurations, experimental prototypes, or surrogates* J0 v" O. m2 @8 [ to provide data leading to the decision to enter full-scale development. " a) e6 G+ z- M* qEarly Warning (1) Early detection of an enemy ballistic missile launch, usually by means of/ t7 |, d& C. |% ~, j surveillance satellites and long range radar. 3 U& z' g! t3 n7 ?& r3 v/ ^(2) Early notification of the launch or approach of unknown weapons or 9 n6 e: m3 y- K0 |weapon carriers.' C+ i0 e) Y9 I, @7 n( e/ M Earth Limb The apparent outer edge of the earth as viewed from space.. ?5 X: j# G5 U' ? Eastern Test & e9 f. N% F7 p/ |# w* aRange (ETR) % M$ g5 i, I, ], e4 {. @Beginning at Patrick AFB, FL, this range stretches halfway around the globe ( v8 {7 b; {4 x( hwhere it meets the Western Test Range. An array of launch complexes, sensors,& [. J4 Q/ |& k! h9 J/ y% o1 s and tracking sites make up the Eastern Test Range. The ETR is now operated p% y; O4 J/ `) c G/ i1 Vby AFSPACECOM as shown in WTR definition. 7 u$ h9 U! X5 ]" d7 z5 _MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E* \0 c6 ~+ u; i( _6 r 88 ! `( M2 K- Z% I5 R( \ NEB (1) Electron Beam. (2) Enhanced Blast. : R/ I9 S* O# Q% }EBB Electronic Bulletin Board./ e# S4 h4 l( ^: m3 b" [ EBCDIC Extended Binary Code Decimal Interchange Code.% e5 Z% k6 x% c7 ~, F EBW Electron Beam Welding., A" z' U7 `* |6 B6 `: b9 x' y1 q EC (1) Electronic Combat. 8 z; G& M* N5 Q( l# e% }6 T4 ^(2) Error Control.. m& _) A5 s5 e) \5 a @8 O( j (3) OBSOLETE. European Community. Now known as the European Union 7 H6 a9 j( ]8 F1 E* o4 C) ~" K8 B(EU)." Q* s' n- p/ c+ f! C1 I f EC/EDI Electronic Commerce/Electronic Data Interchange 3 e' w. }- _3 M" k3 \. yECAC Electromagnetic Compatibility Analysis Center. 7 G& x3 q4 M/ P: R* c9 ZECB Engineering Change Board. 0 |+ W# R5 E9 S, FECC (1) Equipment Control Center. (2) Element Control Center (USAF term). 2 N) C0 q' l8 ?5 aECCM Electronic Counter-Countermeasures.. V y( n# C4 I+ K! b9 t! s ECDs Element Control Directives. - P. l) k _( C3 P2 w- EECLS ERINT Command and Launch System.% }5 P4 e6 ]2 c1 F ECM Electronic Countermeasures.) g: } H: T8 G# g4 T ECN Engineering Change Notice. 1 S( X: K+ V' z9 ]& j. K; u& NECO Engagement Control Orders. ) _: x& w( B0 t' g* ]) A) |ECP (1) Engineering Change Proposal. (2) Emergency Command Precedence. # X& V' l& P4 H& xECPMO Electronic Commerce Program Management Office., C( Z, {: S. l+ t% ~% x ECS Engagement Control Station (PATRIOT).2 @4 h7 {! U, a Z" g. O) Q, |# h ECU Environmental Control Unit.; ]6 @8 }! t" N% D) \ EDAC Error Detection and Correction 4 P% m3 E' M: H( f8 z3 s9 eEDGES Electronic Data/Guidelines for Element Survivability.6 \, x* @4 y9 p7 g% H& A5 l/ d EDL Electrical Discharge Laser * n" S- Y0 g* z7 w. gEDM Engineering Development Model. % G( l. J- w4 y0 l1 m) I, ~. eEDP Engineering Development Process$ G' {3 R( D* r' n" J$ W1 } EDR Embedded Data Recorder (PATRIOT). 2 B& W! B8 d4 p7 O+ |3 BEDS Electronic Data Systems Corporation / |1 W) f. K7 SEDWA Engagement Determination and Weapons Assignment (PATRIOT). & _8 J! i( u3 v8 h( UMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E9 m5 N+ {$ J6 H. S7 E; C1 y 89 5 }3 d$ [0 D# @5 l0 R0 J8 ~1 NEDX Exoatmospheric Discrimination Experiment m5 [0 b- `) ?EE (1) Electrical Engineering. (2) Engineering Estimate.3 D! A( v: A/ b) r EED Electro-Explosive Device.% {6 s5 @4 X$ c( _9 d1 B' M; N EEEV End-to-End Experimental Version. 9 ` Z$ O% H) q1 l+ S' O9 _9 y fEEFI Essential Elements of Friendly Information.3 ]) X3 C5 ]3 m1 m8 o EEI Essential Elements of Information.4 N$ S0 g6 t7 y: W( |, ` EEIC Element of Expense Investment Code. & a: \% h3 ? b9 hEELV Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (USAF term)" l4 Q! E/ t7 k% R( S# x' c EEU Electronic Equipment Unit. 2 I& p! _0 Y# [EFEX Endo-Aeromechanics Flight Experiment.$ ], D4 A3 J/ M$ M- a1 \/ j EFF Electronic Frontier Foundation. 2 Z$ m6 O. g/ SEffectivity A designation given to the BMDS configuration and demonstrated capability at2 B& j" }; }# B+ V a point in time, becoming effective at each increment when an element or B* W' b- _, |3 R8 L1 D component is inserted into a particular Block.: R( [! ?7 c7 n: z1 g. ]* _ Effective Damage That damage necessary to render a target element inoperative, unserviceable,/ D7 ^: q. z$ ^ nonproductive, or uninhabitable.+ W1 a5 [( s/ ?- B8 L$ A1 d( E) Q Effluent Plume The pathway of movement of effluents through surface water or air.# G& Q! X- o9 r* O. a! c EFP Explosively Formed Projectile.# ~+ |5 u! w9 u/ F, C EGP End Game Processor. $ R1 M/ h3 k$ C. M; dEGTR Eglin [AFB] Gulf Test Range.' ~" @. ~4 |$ l! Z EHC Enhance Hit Capability (USN term, related to SM2 Block IVA).. u- a: e* v0 }$ O& X! ? EHF Extremely High Frequency.8 X. s' ]: I) x K ehp Equivalent Horsepower." [' k$ l: L {) D5 l EIA (1) Environmental Impact Assessment. a9 u" D3 _9 Q- P1 l/ i (2) Electronic Industries Association.4 b3 f, a/ ?0 f8 e$ Z- w! ~- Q EIAP Environmental Impact Analysis Process.( k3 e. `) t: O2 ]. ~" E/ k0 y8 k' I EIP Exoatmospheric Interceptor Propulsion.6 K# D2 A0 `; e2 t$ a+ j$ O EIPC Electronic Information Privacy Center.+ V) R: m" b; C/ o+ d EIPT (1) Element IPT. (2) Engineering IPT. / l8 i0 O" Z- f6 p+ `& Z5 B& ~EIS (1) Environmental Impact Statement. (2) Explosive Initiation System.1 j* U0 `. g. V! g, A! O8 `! D EISA Extended Industry Standard Architecture (Telecomm/Computer term). 5 k; \0 d* m1 \& f3 T4 @, DMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E 7 Y' N3 p# e4 o( e3 u90 6 J1 ~. x9 _: i, [$ nEKV (1) Electromagnetic Kill Vehicle. (2) Exoatmospheric Kill Vehicle.4 z) c6 Z. ]% T/ m Elastic Range The stress range in which a material will recover its original form when the force 3 {3 U, T( H. q(or loading) is removed. Elastic deformation refers to dimensional changes 8 m4 n4 d3 t q9 m- V5 ]occurring within the elastic range. ( J! o( L; \1 r( Q8 ]Electro-Optics % r8 s) l1 x# u1 T+ D# A3 q! HInfrared (EO/IR) , i/ M$ G! {# @' i1 E& OTechnologies/techniques employed by optical sensors in the wavelength : m* G0 x8 [: }- o; L0 X7 Yspectrum slightly longer than visible but shorter than radio. ' o! Y, m( f8 `; K8 fElectromagnetic2 M- f1 k" l. U8 l$ ]; P Compatibility 9 E* R* ]% Q4 [+ M(EMC)5 h5 x' L- F3 M+ k5 z A condition when all electromagnetic emissions from electronic, electro-magnetic,6 U: J# Q# `: K1 C( X and electro-optical components of a system interact without interfering with one - h& ~6 C0 k7 R% Kanother.0 n+ O7 y- {* c' X% x Electromagnetic . e4 l& }9 O, t$ xEmanations+ g3 Q/ y! _: P: Q) ? Signals transmitted as radiation through the air, through a vacuum, or through 5 X1 {5 ?/ ~8 p! s9 |4 nconductors.5 ?$ z1 ~6 _" @- L$ `1 O Electromagnetic O5 t+ b4 Q- q. h2 w4 D- } Field (EMF)- z; ~6 X" I n5 h An electric or magnetic field or combination of the two, as in an electromagnetic3 b, B" z; D5 N/ A+ ?: s wave. Created by electric charges in motion, having both electric and magnetic6 u" r5 O6 b7 G5 Z* u5 {9 t" | components oriented at right angles to one another and containing a definite, r8 s. f% x- Z2 O0 k. I amount of energy. ; m( ~$ P/ R. w7 y& j l A6 }Electromagnetic; |5 l I) ^' ~: K! Z Gun (EMG)( k/ d* o+ g+ u/ x. y, C A gun in which the projectile is accelerated by electromagnetic forces rather than9 z5 a: d- S4 o$ p by an explosion, as in a conventional gun. % y' k4 k* f" n+ ?: z! s: bElectromagnetic 6 J- u3 e$ p& T( U- @+ D! c9 YInterference (EMI) ) ~3 J; [* ]9 Y3 S6 e* t, yAny electromagnetic disturbance that interrupts, obstructs, or otherwise / Q# o6 l! |1 p, P- U% K9 G7 Wdegrades or limits the effective performance of electronics/electrical equipment. h8 v. _; u$ M: U/ m7 N3 O, ~ It can be induced intentionally, as in some forms of electronic warfare, or $ n1 t* M; Q7 i: m7 _unintentionally, as a result of spurious emissions and responses, intermodulation products, and the like.! J) k* l/ [# h) M6 S, H6 i Electromagnetic* s$ `- k+ r7 \# _$ H Pulse (EMP)$ i6 d& B+ m9 t5 Q The electromagnetic radiation from a nuclear explosion caused by Comptonrecoil electrons and photoelectrons from photons scattered in the materials of " }5 [: a9 ^1 p$ N7 Kthe nuclear device or in a surrounding medium. The resulting electric and4 j) h2 P M5 q6 x* x# S+ E magnetic fields may couple with electrical/electronic systems to produce; c' @/ E# i3 i$ Z R8 q8 p9 D/ s damaging current and voltage surges. May also be caused by non-nuclear' [+ s ~ _# S5 {' l& H means.

使用道具 举报

40#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:05:12 |显示全部楼层
Electromagnetic - c" S& E! R3 P& K4 vRadiation (EMR) * j+ f; o, _, v0 |$ s% R% J+ q" J8 D* y( _(1) A form of propagated energy, arising from electric charges in motion that 7 Q3 g0 }3 O \5 Vproduces a simultaneous wavelike variation of electric and magnetic1 `1 m6 ?2 X: d) |$ g fields in space. The highest frequencies (or shortest wavelengths) of 7 M w2 G; }0 b6 E: f& Qsuch radiation are possessed by gamma rays, which originate from8 K- Z, l% p9 ?, N0 o processes within atomic nuclei. As one goes to lower frequencies, the 2 }1 { I2 o; v {electromagnetic spectrum includes x-rays, ultraviolet light, visible light, # e+ [9 T3 p: d" O; }infrared light, microwaves, and radio waves.! C4 E* x- q+ E# b# m5 v. i (2) Radiation made up of oscillating electric and magnetic fields and2 \! Q4 G- w, ]6 R' L$ N5 m propagated with the speed of light. Includes gamma radiation, X-rays,/ [& Z) @* i. k ultraviolet, visible, and infrared radiation, and radar and radio waves., `, D) \3 f% M Electromagnetics Application of electrical, electronic, and magnetic phenomena to develop devices 9 B3 e, H2 i: n+ X0 n/ u! @0 q+ M Lused in system/subsystem design, excluding employment in the RF spectrum. $ ^6 @7 P9 |, H- e' [' TElectromagnetic 2 Q2 m) D4 F4 h5 X3 RSpectrum/ _/ L, c8 P8 l" P6 o The range of frequencies of electromagnetic radiation from zero to infinity. It is8 e( A7 s% K' | divided into 26 alphabetically designated bands. 7 m- _7 S6 V4 f1 l) r$ d; rMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E9 M. g$ |" r, ~8 N( l3 D9 K" s- E: a: ] 91/ \5 i- O6 X) L( }$ U4 R Electronic # U( O* a q$ L9 cCounter- - N9 [6 J' V8 L2 N4 aCountermeasure , y. ]2 U/ S0 W K7 d3 Q: js (ECCM)7 f* V7 R7 M5 O* ~) L3 H6 o% W That division of electronic warfare involving actions taken to insure friendly* X' L0 {, r* m7 U* d9 g effective use of the electromagnetic, optical, and acoustic spectra despite the # O6 d5 g' f9 X# h, @ _. c, w! `enemy’s use of electronic warfare to include high power microwave techniques. - u I9 }7 L/ n) D) v7 N0 @Electronic9 F9 a2 h& L6 ]( t Countermeasure& b% t+ P/ V! V) K. l7 U (ECM) ; i1 J3 P: I: _; L8 BThat division of electronic warfare involving actions taken to prevent or reduce an2 ]( b( A% [* ` enemy’s effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum. 2 q1 g9 ?: M) o6 j( R/ Z1 gElectronic6 \ m2 d+ h4 i7 k8 s8 o! U/ K Industries + I4 o0 y7 d- L$ p, Q% uAssociation (EIA) ( C& r9 s6 @% t9 f6 }% j1 ?6 z0 p2 xA standards organization specializing in the electrical and functional( b; p7 r6 E0 q% q5 w- m characteristics of interface equipment. : M$ V+ m& m3 L H8 M7 o" QElectronic! c! ?: K, c8 n9 ?. @( i Warfare (EW)0 T! r9 I5 ~/ p Any military activity involving the use of electromagnetic and directed energy to 4 G% P: y* E* J" n6 l! }" Lcontrol the electromagnetic spectrum or to attack the enemy. The three major 3 O2 @7 Y8 [& s* t0 u Esubdivisions are: ( M4 m6 t0 r9 ^) @! {( O•Electronic attack – Involves the use of electromagnetic or directed energy to, }5 R# p. n! Q- l* ] attack personnel, facilities, or equipment with the intent of degrading,; h1 }# b- {# p$ @& x; G, t neutralizing, or destroying enemy combat capability. Also known as EA.7 q+ o! o7 l6 A! Y; y6 Y5 c Includes: 1) actions taken to prevent or reduce an enemy’s effective use of1 x8 A* j9 M- p# Q5 B the electromagnetic spectrum, such as jamming and electromagnetic0 l4 X0 c5 i, N& {9 P3 P. N- R deception, and 2) employment of weapons that use either electromagnetic or & \" C2 X6 O. \$ n9 Y7 s: b3 Bdirected energy as their primary destructive mechanism (lasers, radio % }3 b! D0 T9 {. Qfrequency weapons, particle beams).9 {- t- |3 @9 M4 S8 u •Electronic protection -- Involves actions taken to protect personnel, facilities, * q0 V+ i) o R4 ?* X* |and equipment from any effects of friendly or enemy employment of% v& Q' E; R) E- p y) I electronic warfare that degrade, neutralize, or destroy friendly combat 8 `0 L( ?! `* Z4 P- ccapability. Also called EP.( B% X% [3 K& `& |- f •Electronic warfare support – Involves actions tasked by, or under direct 1 K% y! H& V6 r [' L2 {5 `control of, an operational commander to search for, intercept, identify, and , Z8 `' C2 p2 I9 E% `locate sources of intentional and unintentional radiated electromagnetic" M$ i; h) W3 ?1 I2 L energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition. Thus, electronic / {2 W5 m% H. z( B2 W0 Jwarfare support provides information required for immediate decisions# S1 |' P; n; X. R Y# N involving electronic warfare operations and other tactical actions such as 5 z' B* p: o5 D: U$ L# w, ~threat avoidance, targeting, and homing. Also called ES." X8 i/ f) i! d. {* E1 u' x9 ` Electronic 7 H( ]5 E1 E7 ~. Q: q/ JWarfare (EW) ! M+ F! H5 H7 ]$ f, f, K& AEnvironments ( f' l# u* X2 W7 Y9 iElectronic warfare environments result from radar and communications jamming: Q( Y( r6 O5 m' m* \; Y6 T* }- c and other related electromagnetic countermeasures and countercountermeasures. Currently, radar jamming is the sole EW threat for the NMD) R; m$ f1 e) P \ j9 B system.5 K2 {1 n! l% x7 [, K, N Electronics8 R3 v! n% Z; l6 g! Y% J& w$ A Intelligence$ Q. r' G/ G& d$ d2 [7 D) N (ELINT)+ S; Y7 E) ?3 u8 X- C5 Q2 X+ M4 a Technical and geo-location intelligence derived from foreign non-communications# M; [. F& D1 u, t6 Z electromagnetic radiations emanating from other than nuclear detonations or7 u- E9 r5 M) G( g* }8 @. O radioactive sources. ; B: c6 c5 C4 s& |) rElectronics t3 R+ B% [) g; t# [) p Security (ELSEC) * B& `& l. O3 a$ L9 rThe protection resulting from all measures designed to deny unauthorized5 q8 G3 D5 ?5 ^9 L2 d persons information of value that might be derived from their interception and : k! E- P- v& C, ~* s: Bstudy of non-communications electromagnetic radiations, e.g. radar.9 W5 y4 h+ L- {/ _+ }( t' s Electro-Optics3 m2 F* H5 |' u) }7 b/ F! q2 t Infrared (EO/IR) 2 h8 S! U8 \( i, A* P/ W% \( w8 ITechnologies/techniques employed by optical sensors in the wavelength # j0 m G" O* U3 N! m4 Q+ L( k Dspectrum slightly longer than visible but shorter than radio." y$ D. T* ^- {1 C( D& k MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E# U1 b7 S+ E+ ?1 S/ u' z; @ 928 y' S8 v6 u9 H) { R$ k; T6 t Element A complete, integrated set of components capable of autonomously providing ( O1 O. ^' }+ `9 ?7 }- G! E" Q" wBMDS capability. % v- N5 i, P! o" S+ FElement- f/ b' W3 D' f5 d+ Z' @ Capability 9 [9 H; h; X7 a4 wSpecification & I3 L4 p; q! W(ECS) 5 w4 i( m# w- h4 Z4 a+ o* b1 M+ C. iA document that identifies the element-level BMDS capabilities and4 s+ ?) T4 A% X6 e! t. s specifications necessary to achieve the system capabilities identified in the SCS.8 T9 t- K4 ?0 \% ?4 m- z The ECS further defines the SCS-apportioned mission/technical performance * I* G G) {' Pcapabilities and allocates these capabilities to the element’s components., |/ U! Q- U: k4 Q Element Control3 \' y. x3 N, k& L! ` Directives (ECDs) 1 O2 O! e8 H" O4 x. UThe command and control data instructions to control the conduct of the & Z2 o3 v! y' O0 Zengagement. ECDs are developed by command and control software based: H t, p( t, G, Q: p7 z% [ upon variable parameter input by the operators (both pre-planned and real time), 9 z9 |5 b- W- c4 ^and operator defined rule sets embedded in the software. The individual battle & ]. t+ g: { a- C* ]: {/ xmanagement processors use these instructions to accomplish the assigned tasks : x4 W& n0 N* p# F' h7 x0 a- Cfrom the operations order. ECDs are contained within a Task and represent the& [; ]* ^' J/ n/ e3 l form of parameter values that influence the resource management processes of . U5 h6 J& P( G& _0 H9 F( I; B. hWeapon Target Assignment (WTA), Sensor Resource Management (SRM), and" k8 K/ R) Q( w! K3 y9 [3 Z6 K Communications Management (CM). There will be numerous ECDs per Task.6 v: y) z. U: k4 O Element 8 J1 i2 j8 R( x3 c; x2 UOperations3 K R9 z+ t- ~ c3 A1 a0 O Center (EOC)5 b7 @# F0 T* T8 `- R& x; d* H An Air Force operations center, which operates and maintains a BMD weapon or 8 q& c3 \& D9 X7 G# V2 Z$ \1 osensor suite. (USSPACECOM) 8 r4 f$ s2 `1 j% T! x- s# WELF Extremely Low Frequency. - b8 v7 r& }3 [( u) R i0 w2 OELIAS Earth Limb Infrared Atomic Structure.+ w: N! k, v6 _6 N, ?& t! | ELINFOSEC Electronic Information Security." C( |% n( Q' ^* r% i4 p ELINT Electronics Intelligence.

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

Archiver|航空论坛 ( 渝ICP备10008336号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 11:07 , Processed in 0.046800 second(s), 10 queries .