找回密码
 注册
搜索
楼主: 帅哥
打印 上一主题 下一主题

航空缩略语词典 [复制链接]

31#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:02:37 |只看该作者
COMSAT Communications Satellite Corporation 4 t) |/ a) _# y2 ?) f4 [" gCOMSEC Communications Security. 5 a6 u5 d! o; N: ^& bConcept $ g! I8 ~# q/ \Exploration & ( j& x' V/ z5 M; K6 f7 L3 g" V ^Definition 0 B8 F+ ]5 _1 k3 v, v0 iThe initial phase (Phase 0) of the system acquisition process, beginning at4 K) C; ^+ p0 L6 G Mission Need Determination. During this phase, the acquisition strategy is _: B- e: G" l# ? developed, system alternatives are proposed and examined, and the system & f" `( k7 A' A) C1 E4 a! o8 _program requirements document is expanded to support subsequent phases., E( u% h3 [* j3 n Concept of + s: M# t I0 y9 v8 fOperations1 H+ }) g( v! ? q4 N) X5 K+ D p (CONOPS)- Y! ^6 U4 e! j; B (1) A statement, in broad outline, of a commander’s outline or intent in regard to 5 {/ r4 [* E0 W4 U) ~& q* S+ f$ Y: S( Xan operation or series of operations. The concept is designed to give an overall5 ~" x) k }9 Y picture of the operation. (MDA Lexicon) e7 R( M3 U! z5 J. Q& ]/ X, J(2) A verbal or graphic statement, in broad outline, of a commander’s ^. [8 Z! u# M2 ]1 e% a- rassumptions or intent in regard to an operation or series of operations. The " k' d o J( Y/ b3 Zconcept of operations frequently is embodied in campaign plans and operation2 }. n2 w( s6 l: y) y plans; in the later case, particularly when the plans cover a series of connected # \+ d! g4 _1 Noperations to be carried out simultaneously or in succession. The concept is ! x, l( n& m2 g" ^designed to give an overall picture of the operation. It is included primarily for; j! P: |( ^- q0 ] }. J additional clarity of purpose.1 o( z# `8 b# @ Concept Plan An operation plan in concept format. Also called CONPLAN. ! G& R3 f& J$ _, v0 Z5 ~Concurrency Part of an acquisition strategy which combines or overlaps two or more phases of' x8 K, Q6 D" g2 w t6 M the acquisition process, or combines development T&E with operational T&E.3 O6 Q: I1 x, i& \0 }7 \; b W Concurrent " x: O9 l9 I. v4 l7 M, u, pEngineering4 [# ` V. N2 z6 _7 [8 C H A systematic approach to the integrated, simultaneous design of products and $ a4 k7 ?3 q: J$ O3 K! c+ |) k/ stheir related processes, including manufacture and support. This approach is 9 m! a1 U2 g/ h' e1 x1 y; J' Rintended to cause developers, from the beginning, to consider all elements of/ e8 _* P+ f# D# j, _; |/ ~ the system life cycle from requirements development through dispersal, including4 L5 M9 n2 c; p) M# m, a cost, schedule, and performance.) z2 ? X8 x7 Z3 U0 ^. `, U CONEX CONOPS Exerciser. 9 w0 h- _6 L- u' ~1 Y) p4 JConfiguration A collection of an item’s descriptive and governing characteristics, which can be 5 A9 g2 U* o: jexpressed in functional terms (i.e., what performance the item is expected to 1 |1 }2 \$ r) Q& p% z$ Pachieve); and in physical terms (i.e., what the item should look like and consist of! [5 L- r) c+ D# w3 l% S, O( M when it is built).$ B) }& d/ }/ P& j; l" c' b1 p7 ~ MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C9 E0 N# Y% R/ b( j( @+ J 59 # D+ m6 l( l/ [% N8 s/ [Configuration1 @( Z3 ~ Q, A1 w& O Audit 7 ]: G$ u. g6 _One of the Configuration Management tasks which includes a functional1 E2 R6 R0 _/ [ configuration audit (FCA) to validate that the development of a configuration item 5 d' d( C5 [$ v+ }! \2 mhas been completed satisfactorily and that the configuration item has achieved) \6 U$ Z5 m; a6 ^+ z to specified performance and functional characteristics, and also includes a % t7 G; u i# y6 y/ l5 Jphysical configuration audit (PCA) to verify that the configuration item “As Built”- t% N; D& w- w# W conforms to the technical documentation which defines the configuration item. 6 ?3 A' I# W2 _8 Q# e& MConfiguration 1 V6 {5 ]0 A$ M, ~3 FBaseline * K$ {2 [" H0 X: TThe configuration documentation formally designated by the Government at a/ _6 |- i& D7 b, W) y! u% _5 o specific time during a system’s or configuration item’s life cycle. Configuration 3 @; P# i6 a* u1 x- Dbaselines, plus approved changes from those baselines, constitute the current . y* y0 f! i6 U- @configuration baselines, namely the functional, allocated, and product baselines.1 m4 q' x$ e o0 f T4 M Configuration 9 i" c7 R! m3 IControl ' @: m. R2 z7 C, DOne of the Configuration Management tasks that involves the systematic+ X/ X8 z% m' f# H# b/ h# r evaluation, coordination, approval, or disapproval of proposed changes to the/ Z7 F4 c9 [3 G% j. {# J* t8 b design and construction of a configuration item whose configuration has been( R2 g$ ^8 s2 [9 I8 A formally approved. 0 @+ W& j, l' p3 {, x. uConfiguration' U" q( M) P" c Identification 4 O) y6 u: F# r: }One of the Configuration Management tasks, which require that for every 8 d3 P* j8 ]8 A- V( W+ d# U) Jchange that is made to an Automated Data processing (ADP) system, the design . v. m! V/ |7 v6 @: oand requirements of the changed version of the system should be identified.9 A% | d3 ^6 \, _( b% F$ D Configuration 4 E% G: ~5 _% j- N, P$ fItem (CI) 6 j: u e3 @/ c, z( tAn aggregation of system elements that satisfies an end use function and is 9 `9 k j0 k/ B4 U6 E$ _1 W4 R& C, r+ ydesignated by the Government for separate configuration management.: @: o9 ~6 {$ K& E$ X" Z4 P Configuration items vary widely in complexity, size, and type. Any item required0 |" {5 `* S1 u6 K! J4 O4 a for logistic support and designated for separate procurement is a configuration/ e. Y; ?5 Z2 `' Q. N item. Configuration items are traceable to the work breakdown structure (WBS). , I+ K, Z. ?) c& ]Configuration% s ]/ o; R7 f$ |$ e$ Y0 m Management % ?: E# O" b; a: L: r }+ c(CM) 3 s( ?9 k- R* \0 e3 A: O, ]In computer modeling and simulation, a discipline applying technical and ' z. d. H7 {, l. madministrative oversight and control to identify and document the functional # e- b" O0 M- F7 Q4 g E9 y' Erequirements and capabilities of a model or simulation and its supporting6 L9 M O" H! k, ` databases, control changes to those capabilities, and document and report the / T8 E" p/ @ w" ychanges. See also Accreditation. : w' Y- g! u' j+ eCONOPS Concept of Operations.7 y. j$ z1 t) R6 K9 e CONPLAN Concept Plan! ]& |/ y& q$ M# L CONS Contracting Squadron.: M1 M+ P" Z; Y. Y+ B Consolidated 1 k& R9 N5 F( F/ c4 i }6 `Command Center & `" g6 o0 d' N+ z! g7 \9 ^(CCC) / [" _ B* n8 H9 e4 m7 dA single command center from which USCINCSPACE/CINCNORAD can direct all+ [3 S$ U/ A1 `' w+ l6 v his assigned missions, to include BMD. (USSPACECOM) Located in Colorado! P- _1 S' d O3 H7 D& L3 o Springs, CO. + ^& j9 J% I1 J, W' f; EConsolidated . M. D9 ]: p3 q/ H- uIntelligence 6 E! B8 r+ | D2 o( Q6 d! EWatch (CIW)8 [ Y: V2 a d F" Z A consolidation of intelligence watch functions within the Intelligence Operations 1 c- |/ g4 L9 q1 n/ S3 U9 \Center (IOC) consisting of the USSPACECOM ITW Center, the NORAD 5 E! d3 l1 V# B: P' R" gAerospace Defense Intelligence Center (ADIC), and the Air Force Space' M6 M( E+ z4 b0 \ Command Space Intelligence Element (SIE).) }6 @3 v$ w8 c- a- b" m T: ?6 _ Consolidated# h7 Q5 ~: ]' @% H0 F4 g Space 7 b' N4 \# Q" m) z) f/ c- oOperations 9 p! h$ S/ f% m% q! PCenter (CSOC) ! x. T$ O$ I- w- g( V& _- [Series of centers at Falcon AFB, CO, which operationally control and maintain . o& ^1 S/ [9 @7 q, J# O+ J( wassigned DoD satellites. # B) B4 L" A7 Q1 G9 bConsolidated- f4 b2 `0 U7 ^9 S. A4 m3 N6 c' [8 Z4 }. _ Space Test . n# M$ b% C5 HCenter (CSTC)1 Y0 f: @- G0 ]1 L6 ?* `! k Series of centers at Onizuka AFB, CA (Sunnyvale), which support launch and. W! a9 q' d" \. [8 Q initial on-orbit checkout of operational satellites, operate R&D satellites, and& d: K7 Z4 Q4 Y) f% @/ {" c serves as a backup to CSOC for operational DoD satellites. 7 V. k( P6 o6 ^6 W- h; tMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C4 g2 X# A' u8 V) G% F 60 4 P8 ^) i) V9 d; _/ t- c4 y' [Constellation ) D2 v' F* g& W; |/ ?8 u8 ~Size (CSIZE) & O7 q* f7 G1 f; [% P8 vThe number of satellites of a particular system placed in orbit about the earth.% ~' r+ D/ Q% i% f. |& @ Contact Fuse Device used to detonate warhead on physical contact with another object. 7 M' z x, W, i1 M% cContingency + @( u$ c4 Q: C: _8 I' ?Deployment Plan 2 _1 a$ d3 G w! @7 |(CDP) - ^+ d9 Z4 H' q2 N5 o/ XAn executable plan designed to deploy an early missile defense capability and# ]& f* Y" |: @5 P7 v6 N reduce deployment time. The plan provides specific executable deployment0 Z( b- h9 \2 R4 k P h F options and describes activities required before and after a deployment decision. L+ y! }" k. [ F8 x" B) ~1 O The plan also allows decision makers to have oversight on technical progress,( X, v+ {- t- S+ E- o7 \ cost, schedule, and risks associated with a deployment system. , P4 a' a) x7 p. H' n d# mContinuity of% i% x' u- E/ C& j" |1 O( I+ R Command 8 Y+ r, {! {9 [, K! v* [The degree or state of being continuous in the exercise of the authority vested4 O# t" X) L2 c* |( _ in an individual of the armed forces for the direction, coordination, and control of: R1 Q$ p) o9 f military forces. 9 t# B2 `, c' _* q0 Q! w% m/ xContinuity of5 l) s! Q- f; _1 m Operations , [ w' J, e2 SThe degree or state of being continuous in the conduct of functions, tasks, or2 ]- e6 w6 ]4 e4 p duties necessary to accomplish a military action or mission in carrying out the & Y, h# D2 {5 S& }national military strategy. It includes the functions and duties of the commander, & Q1 D# C& \- S! \0 P n0 n: has well as the supporting functions and duties performed by the staff and others# p/ R& e* i i acting under the authority and direction of the commander. 3 a: l+ m: I- }1 t1 \4 A1 ~Contract & M% E1 K8 x1 r7 p4 Z( vAdministration# k! h: q" |5 [; k( ? Office (CAO) 1 U0 O1 u1 [: |1 z- r: v% TThe activity identified in the DoD Directory of Contract Administration Services" r( l/ s2 G2 U7 t5 Q. O8 h) @6 }9 A Components assigned to perform contract administration responsibilities. It is a; Q7 s' V2 a! w* e( R general term and includes Defense Contract Management Regions (DCMRs),+ X" F; l: I4 w2 { m Defense Contract Management Area Operations (DCMAOs), and Defense Plant + U7 ?$ A& Y- V6 ]1 iRepresentative Offices (DPROs). (Defense Systems Management College: @2 K1 H. u, e- R Glossary) , s6 u) a. h: E3 J) H: x1 `Contract Data, E+ ]- m4 ]6 ^$ s Requirements 7 _/ [4 z+ F9 UList (CDRL)/ C) H( B% Q; h y Document used to order (“buy”) and require delivery of data. Tells contractor k. o; y; t5 A4 o6 t what data to deliver, when and how it will be accepted, where to look for & \2 V- l6 \: i2 \7 Vinstructions, etc. # m$ ? k3 f" t ~Contract 5 x3 [& ]. }7 [# A! s5 ]Definition . B K% k2 o6 ]/ m2 l9 \) e; bA funded effort, normally by two or more competing contractors, to establish! t& H2 r8 Y6 h* `$ T% K& n specifications, to select technical approaches, to identify high-risk areas, and to. l) V1 R H1 W' n2 l+ v, ^ make cost and production time estimates for developing large weapons systems.- @6 g* H# O+ F4 h8 d7 _ Contract Work5 w. q6 S9 R' N* G! a1 Q. E- u Breakdown) d0 E7 E- l! \1 F5 E Structure: \3 m% ]. g6 W# O! _0 w4 [: w The complete WBS for a contract developed and used by a contractor within the 8 \6 c X9 c# Y1 } m" nguidelines of MIL-STD 881A, and in accordance with the contract statement of ; k3 X5 i% K+ q& Q$ r: |$ wwork." X& n8 q) ?0 _* L2 J Contracting8 r6 U. k/ R7 W; Q/ x1 p( C# A Officer (CO)0 n/ T( L# z. _; Y A person with the authority to enter into, administer, or terminate contracts and8 w$ m$ e" t" y% b+ p make related determinations and findings. The term includes any authorized' p8 ^6 M3 L& B# H- a7 Y representatives of the CO acting within the limits of their authority. A CO whose" l$ C; z* |) R: j, _+ z( t% m/ b# z primary responsibility is to administer contracts is an Administrative Contracting9 }/ v9 K, n7 N) z Officer. One whose primary responsibility is to terminate contracts and/or settle # i) l, m' k( N" b3 nterminated contracts is a Termination Contracting Officer. A single contracting ' U5 U6 s, c2 l# y8 D7 Tofficer may be responsible for duties in any or all of these areas. 5 X \) u3 H/ G- F4 |( R: `Control Authority that may be less than full command exercised by a commander over7 G3 p6 o& h" N4 o3 R( [ part of the activities of subordinate or other organizations. , k! J5 R3 M% y* {, yControl : u$ B* d: r! J6 K q8 R, g8 cAbstraction 9 F! W" ]4 ]# x) {/ o(Software) The process of extracting the essential characteristics of control by7 ^& ]: b7 `! ?* S defining abstract mechanisms and their associated characteristics while 7 A- {% H) ? Q( D6 T. v0 o! [disregarding low-level details and the entities to be controlled.

使用道具 举报

32#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:02:52 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C$ I& p0 G8 z' r8 d4 {! { 617 N7 ?% H+ D, `, q8 W" A! L. g Control and. J" q( S [0 {2 e2 \ Reporting Center . ]4 ^ L+ X8 N2 @: r! ?An element of the US Air Force tactical air control system, subordinate to the 0 ^2 W4 j/ B! A6 {tactical air control center, from which radar control and warning operations are$ ~+ b" ~8 T0 D conducted within its area of responsibility.4 _7 ^) Z. r& f/ A Control and$ h# Q; Y0 I: H# _8 U/ S: p& w# @ Reporting Post - w5 n& F! q! W. C( x8 d: Y0 aAn element of the US Air Force tactical air control system, subordinate to the+ I4 V, n6 H" T control and reporting center, that provides radar control and surveillance within & D- d9 Y! S7 g$ s6 L7 _% T2 S+ J4 Uits area of responsibility.- U/ ]. A' e9 ] Control Area A controlled airspace extending upwards from a specified limit above the Earth./ s- F9 M6 a, p# A8 D3 B Controlled0 S1 I% |7 r8 C7 j6 M Environment % `; x2 f2 T" jArea where entry into the radiation hazard area is controlled.1 c% A# I. G8 {1 m5 d Control ( `: b/ |0 e7 MProcedure" Y6 h U( V2 q9 y6 M The means used to control the orderly communication of information between3 R1 b3 X5 s: M4 e; E8 D' p stations on a data link. Also called line discipline.7 I, A8 f3 Z! H5 r( w0 } Control Station The station on a network, which supervises the network control procedures such . r2 ~- {3 T# @$ _9 [as polling, selecting, and recovery. It also is responsible for establishing order% y( S( q0 [5 _, |; q) E) W+ L2 ^8 f on the line in the event of contention, or any other abnormal situation, arising, Q, L. {, W1 C4 S9 y; u between any stations on the network. ' z" h* w3 o4 W0 X6 XControl Zone The space, expressed in feet or radius, that surrounds equipment that is used to W4 n/ S' y' Q p# Q5 ^7 G. N; m3 ?process sensitive defense information and that is under sufficient physical and 2 D4 d: J( `5 D- C8 z5 n5 ^technical control to preclude an unauthorized entry or compromise. % Q; B5 Q; N+ |9 l) w" r4 U1 W% KCONUS Continental United States. ( h& H5 n5 r- p5 a5 bConventional Co-' t7 l( ]2 w9 U" S, k- {% m# { Production " D6 O+ e Z! ]2 RAn effort between governments to produce the same end item, or components * h, x1 {: M vof the same end item, in concert. ; n$ y6 v X- b) E, Y0 ~# Z C( _Conventional $ w8 O4 c% z: m4 p) _# g3 }Weapon . U# Q6 ^( B* hA weapon that is neither nuclear, biological, nor chemical.7 Y% ^7 k6 ]6 I a+ N Coop Cooperative: J# C5 S" k0 u! Z Coordinated ' r9 _7 @6 J3 wEngagement ! R2 b S9 Z3 }% q0 v0 h3 y& iPlanning/Actions6 I7 r$ m0 { b4 g& x$ e Necessary coordination among engagement components to ensure maximum 9 H. Y h5 l8 F n7 leffectiveness of the SDS and resources are not wasted on targets already+ I) v1 {; z8 i! l+ r, T. S targeted.4 f- w3 S& c% `; {/ [, s Coordinating & s2 j! Y+ ]2 Z0 o9 P+ YAuthority 3 A4 G+ p: L! c' @" W0 gA commander or individual assigned responsibility for coordinating specific0 o; I& }3 Z' E9 n' u" @/ ] functions of activities involving forces of two or more Services or two or more9 Y9 ^7 f( Z' t' O; ` forces of the same Service. The commander or individual has the authority to / g1 n/ v6 ^) ? y+ Lrequire consultation between the agencies involved, but does not have the1 C; H/ q c, X authority to compel agreement. In the event that essential agreement cannot be ! G6 }' ^' V, \% [+ O1 C4 Ereached, the matter shall be referred to the appointing authority.6 x& k/ i: g9 {+ T* J' w- u COP Committee of Principals 6 E4 s) [4 A/ n' DCOR Contracting Officer’s Representative. Contracting Officer.) h: M' S! s5 S( r# d* ]8 q CORBA Common Object Request Broker Architecture. 6 J( `, d; O, W9 ?7 N2 ACORM Commission on Roles and Missions.- ` j# J% ? e- Z; W MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C2 t* G/ b. `2 t& P& b# H 62 , a7 J& B K0 e# a( UCorner Reflector (1) A device, normally consisting of three metallic surfaces or screens2 P+ b; `" R1 ~ perpendicular to one another, designed to act as a radar target or% V! W5 f/ Z; i7 } marker. 2 n/ [! f# U* k(2) In radar interpretation, an object that, by means of multiple reflections: y: O& D8 l7 y2 z from smooth surfaces, produces a radar return of greater magnitude than4 K6 t! _: S: s7 J& D' f* p) C might be expected from the physical size of the object. / V4 ^% E' R% c1 f" N# FCorps SAM OBSOLETE. See Medium Extended Air Defense System. 1 U" o9 w. `' f8 x+ [Correlation (1) The process of relating observations or tracks from one set of data to 2 Z; |3 `! M2 Kobservations or tracks from another set of data, i.e., collecting data from. X6 w1 P+ F. r+ F/ h1 Z different frames or sensors that presumably relate to the same target. (2)3 i, `& P8 {' O0 n; F8 K3 P In air defense, the determination that an aircraft appearing on a3 h1 S9 F! t. U O e radarscope, on a plotting board, or visual is the same as that on which , U/ |1 c% a3 ~: linformation is being received form another source. (3) In intelligence % j! L( I+ u! P$ q) P8 Nusage, the process which associates and combines data on a single' A( j7 b, M/ z$ K& B4 P4 W entity or subject from independent observations, in order to improve the9 [) I( ? x& q( w1 ~ `$ Z% p) a reliability or credibility or the information.. j/ @" u; ]8 E4 ~# z0 m COSEMS Evolving architecture operations support tool.8 i3 ^/ o* h, L% t. k COSM Computer System Operator’s Manual p2 o1 M* n* L: d, V) j: z4 sCOSMIC NATO security category. 0 ^" g' B! ^* p9 E8 sCost Analysis) X& J l% ^3 `5 G2 u Improvement3 w" Q- v9 {6 i1 C0 v7 u3 V& ] L Group (CAIG) . f7 F/ d; W0 [1 N! ^6 z. T2 O! mAn organization within the office of OSD Director, PA&E which advises the DAB, J, p" C h% F" ]& R on all matters concerning the estimation, review, and presentation of cost ) t/ w$ ?/ r7 u% \/ Panalysis of future weapon systems. The CAIG also develops common cost% q' o6 z( B! x: D9 q$ d6 @4 H( L- s estimating procedures for DoD. * m; d( ~! M/ x1 r5 CCost Analysis ! S+ v3 a9 D0 F3 H8 w) H9 sRequirements - t/ [2 f, V, I% \" c3 CDocument - k" L2 h* q5 x5 q3 D/ m: c" U(CARD) , i3 w1 _ U! k: R z( W( n9 EThe document describing the technical baseline, which is a subset of current % d' Y. Z, Q* m6 t8 Bsystem technical data and is used to generate the baseline cost estimate for an / c/ Z T z- V6 K" W, hSDS element. It includes, but is not limited to, the element description, 4 Q8 W1 Y) [) F8 ^3 pinterfaces, operational concept quantity requirements, manpower requirements, : N: \8 f3 M9 z5 l2 iactivity rates, schedules, research and development-phasing plan, and facilities 7 ^/ T+ l/ @) |requirements.+ ^, Z% W: Q1 X2 p8 M Cost and# {* V# b" a& T6 l( x Operational ) B& r i3 f) N U6 u/ KEffectiveness 9 }- C* }% Q9 @2 \: y4 oAnalysis (COEA) C" {9 j+ m- J6 {0 Y) gAn analysis of the estimated costs and operational effectiveness of alternative2 }7 B: q) c/ B% z) [- E' v7 t materiel systems to meet a mission need, and the associated program for/ [ X. k5 P G) _ acquiring each alternative. * c$ r7 q# U$ _Cost Risk Cost estimating risk and schedule/technical risk. Cost estimating risk is the risk. J& F) t. i$ v* r) W& W due to cost estimating errors and the statistical uncertainty in the estimate.5 E( L6 y, q4 _ D" p8 }7 A Schedule/technical risk is risk due to inability to conquer the problems posed by( T, d# a& z! L) N) j the intended design % H1 H! x. P( Q' Z: yCOTR Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative. See Contracting Officer. # @' o8 c$ L6 N, H% U% P: gCOTS Commercial Off-The-Shelf./ o5 a( d" C1 ^ Counterair A US Air Force term for air operations conducted to attain and maintain a desired7 a- f% s+ \# l; D5 } degree of air superiority by the destruction or neutralization or enemy forces. 7 E: R. r d( X" s) jBoth air offensive and air defensive actions are involved. The former range 7 l! Z3 b; N+ Vthroughout enemy territory and are generally conducted at the initiative of x( W, Z$ ~+ V% a, R! ]! r7 Mfriendly forces. The latter are conducted near or over friendly territory and are ; W* P" X/ F: T# N+ Z9 Jgenerally reactive to the initiative of the enemy air forces. * M/ \6 |. N/ ?0 DMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C 1 e' `# x! a/ Y" v V r' o63 " C: k6 B! H2 _* ZCountercountermeasures 4 y$ O1 N+ A) w(CCM) ( c) g9 @/ J7 C# q/ C2 uMeasures taken by the defense to defeat offensive countermeasures. & n- u$ |, y! M: K* ]- BCounterforce The employment of strategic air and missile forces in an effort to destroy, or ; c4 m1 G! G8 J/ ^: Arender impotent, selected military capabilities of an enemy force under any of the$ D% H, H/ x, P% n; @ circumstances by which hostilities may be initiated. $ {* X- r( [4 _$ K' ?6 Z' e$ W3 ECountermeasure A design or procedural measure taken against covert or overt attacks. ; u: K* M4 B, W* j. lCountermeasure 5 u! q; c4 f: g2 ?- Xs (CM)% w' o5 o& D0 s: N, J That form of military science that by the employment of devices and/or: L; t+ C4 i) E& n; b! z) ^ techniques has as its objective the impairment of the operational effectiveness of 4 V/ b" o* `, a5 b% N: qenemy activity. + d$ @8 {- G: c, R3 R# DCountermeasure% z# Y6 d6 ~; M5 I: N# R s Rejection" d- u7 q) Z0 ]7 S% j (Surveillance)) ]( S- U/ r1 [* p0 E/ n( J6 `. J Improvement or rejection of an object signal in the presence of% Z# \( ~( {5 H/ t3 \ countermeasures.. q5 b/ r( l' N s& `) M w Course of Action ?; w. `& n D9 | G& E: Z(COA)% S6 {! W' N* q+ m; B (1) Any sequence of acts that an individual or unit may follow. (2) A possible9 t# {6 F/ V- z$ l% ?& V plan open to an individual or command that would accomplish or is * d7 f# K2 j* S7 `) N6 i7 U7 m+ hrelated to the accomplishment of his mission. (3) The scheme adopted ! I" s" [! O. r6 i) h( pto accomplish a job or mission. (4) A line of conduct in an engagement. , J% w+ k; j, n0 }6 y(5) A plan to accomplish a mission. It describes the execution concept 5 e$ h$ t( n2 X ufor BMD of North America. It will specify the engagement priorities, g( ?7 ?. o n4 Z( e2 w resource allocation and desired results by Area of Operation (AO). , @, I& v8 b' Y( Q(USSPACECOM) (6) The scheme adopted to accomplish a task or : }' n( V; r' i4 l0 a$ m* V9 fmission. It is a product of the Joint Operation Planning and Execution ' t6 b- k' M& tSystem concept development phase. The supported commander will( f& w: ?, K/ |3 k x; \ include a recommended course of action in the commander’s estimate.. D2 t. c0 U6 u. p; q The recommended course of action will include the concept of0 j2 n; Y- [. B operations, evaluation of supportability estimates of supporting X9 ?' S+ g5 G9 a5 [organizations, and an integrated time-phased data base of combat,0 @! C/ U) c0 k/ A; @ combat support, and combat service support forces and sustainment.& Q0 y9 M. p1 H ?9 f4 f Refinement of this database will be contingent on the time available for, |" r: H" P% M# S0 L8 L course of action development. When approved, the course of action; Y( f# r1 {8 U* P! v6 U becomes the basis for the development of an operation plan or. {* T' b- G8 B( v5 `3 f2 j6 e) I3 q operation order.8 F) p d5 S8 p+ Q3 l, g Coverage (1) The ground area represented on imagery, photomaps, mosaics, maps, . d) ?" H# y$ O& p) vand other geographical presentation systems. (2) Cover or protection, as0 O5 X/ f6 e% d/ ?% I; m the coverage of troops by supporting fire. (3) The extent to which' h, L1 I8 y; c9 f8 U5 }4 Z intelligence information is available in respect to any specified area of% v' G$ g) c# t# \6 \ interest. (4) The summation of the geographical areas and volumes of 8 p; j: f8 Y5 N! t$ {aerospace under surveillance. " P. u" n$ p* `. G2 nCovert Timing* V. R1 s8 i; k Channel ) |+ F& {; ]- ?# m1 |A covert channel in which one process signals information to another by + C$ C; P: f" ^* P; f, u& N xmodulating its own use of system resources in such a way that this manipulation 4 ^" b7 @: }: o y$ d# saffects the real response time observed by the second process. 7 N9 G, K- C( B2 V1 x- M( X3 SCP Command Post. " m5 N# C' H, G1 H; {0 B$ a. FCPA (1) Chairman’s Program Assessment. (2) Closest Point of Approach.1 h' z5 j* `( E% a! J; \ CPAF Cost Plus Award Fee.( M/ Z! x2 L, K6 c5 V# j% O CPAM Chief of Naval Operations Program Assessment Memorandum (Navy) 2 {% w! Q0 \* u' P$ A7 U7 kMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C : l$ T7 S2 O$ {. c$ }9 n64 ; T$ m5 B9 E3 V2 K0 cCPAR Cost Performance Assessment Report.' p$ n7 [& s; R CPAT Critical Process Assessment Tool ! m" B5 A4 t; ], p5 w9 ?6 rCPB Charged Particle Beam.' T8 r9 a3 g+ e+ p' B) D4 ~/ T CPEV Communications/Processor [Network] Experimental Version. 4 @4 P# a2 }: M GCPFF Cost Plus Fixed Fee. # k U2 s4 p- s# @: J1 oCPIF Cost Plus Incentive Fee.6 I0 a' _' Z* j2 ~! Z% f- T3 [ ] CPIPT Cost-Performance Integrated Product (Process) Team.! L y) \; e, K; v CPM (1) Critical Path Method. (2) Contractor Performance Measurement. ! n$ m; y8 C( ~" ^, HCPP Critical Performance Parameter.$ Z4 W9 H/ b3 y/ Y CPR Cost Performance Report. 9 l q G! O5 ?) gCPR/NC Cost Performance Report/No Criteria (Contract management term).: ]4 p6 V) [) T/ j v CPS (1) Consolidated Program Summary. ; z2 c$ Q, x) G6 }2 `! L) ~4 ](2) Competitive Prototyping Strategy.; b- Z% t+ E( w: ]5 o* w7 M (3) Current Program Status. ' z: P4 b c8 d9 tCPU Central Processing Unit (TelComm/Computer term). # x7 G6 [$ o" @. _8 SCPX See Command Post Exercise. 6 H0 |: f2 L7 t/ B/ `1 Y/ xCQAE Chief/Contract Quality Assurance Evaluator. : m+ o5 F7 @9 N$ ]# `6 ^5 U! YCR (1) Computer Resources. (2) Continuing Resolution (US Congress term).8 B6 K7 T' H* `' [" ? CR-UAV Close Range Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. / p/ w3 _: D/ [. R* T* u; v! A2 T9 xCRA (1) Coordinating Review Authority. (2) Command Relationships Agreement : M6 ?& F4 ^, y6 u- u j1 _% ICRADA Cooperative Research and Development Agreement.- P" i5 }2 U. \! X, U CRAM (1) Control Random Access Memory. 9 F; B1 I/ J( E+ J( [(2) Cross-tie Random Access Memory (Computer term). ! Q& W% C! f; s$ ^" b' z* U+ ?: RCRB Configuration Review Board. + m& `& `$ `9 K1 O" n0 j& I8 v: FCRC Control and Reporting Center. ( E) T$ t/ }# S2 w; X& x# I7 ECRD (1) Capstone Requirements Document.5 g1 ^. V E, q/ j2 y (2) Component Requirements Document. ; f6 g: Y2 E; {! q Z: LCRDA Cooperative Research and Development Agreement. - D5 a! K/ m. p4 m) p6 cCRG Communications Relay Groups (PATRIOT). ) M, P0 L* d5 |; g" H5 sCRI Classification, Recognition and Identification. ! F, {$ ^9 _; q6 h4 g8 FCRISD Computer Resources Integrated Support Document

使用道具 举报

33#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:03:12 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C& ?% w9 x4 B# o+ G 659 m0 k* f, x: w5 X# R2 E Critical Design' `! I5 @2 v6 m9 j5 | Review (CDR)6 G A r& O& C t0 I* q* J A review conducted to determine that the detailed design satisfies the1 e; t+ M3 e. ^: ?0 y performance and engineering requirements of the development specification; to % D* C" K9 T0 Vestablish the detailed design compatibility between the item and other items of6 \/ C+ g5 l6 f3 C equipment, facilities, computer programs, and personnel; to assess producibility ( L! q0 Y9 I. y" C" Z% w7 N( j) Yand risk areas; and to review the preliminary product specifications. Conducted V& _6 e' Y& M' O0 `+ j. I" N% b during Phase I, Demonstration and Validation (for prototypes) and Phase II, 2 r+ Q* p# W* hEngineering and Manufacturing Development. * {( p: }6 V, }Critical ) W; H- H( e" \. {Information , t4 v( e2 d" {, \$ GSpecific facts about friendly intentions, capabilities, and activities vitally needed 2 H y7 z- M3 y' dby adversaries for them to plan and act effectively so as to guarantee failure or 2 I% W; ~9 `) o3 {/ O3 x/ zunacceptable consequences for friendly mission accomplishment. 0 i H- U8 N0 _- pCritical # D" [. Y6 m+ g5 NIntelligence" H; q+ S ?# \3 g Parameter . d& a7 W) u# f6 ]. Q+ pA threat capability or threshold established by the program, changes to which n( L" y ?7 N( _ G3 A could critically impact on the effectiveness and survivability of the proposed " ~6 ^1 ~/ S) X( K% J6 U- csystem.) T/ {4 O" V' N" L& m% } Critical Issues Those aspects of a system’s capability, either operational, technical, or other, 1 Q# y# W( i$ S% i8 X6 r; ithat must be questioned before a system’s overall suitability can be known, and " e6 \/ S1 y+ n) G( X+ r6 owhich are of primary importance to the decision authority in reaching a decision - m) f6 T; y) K {; A4 H8 dto allow the system to advance into the next phase of design, development, - _* m8 X2 Q9 B1 J2 l( ^9 M' h1 `5 Y0 Gproduction, or post-production.. [9 M* o W6 U. d" _ Critical6 x( D$ S# g; |. K. Z Operational 2 p Q& M4 z+ z! L1 C9 _( H: a/ RIssue . `/ l% y n- z; k: D% mA key operational effectiveness or operational suitability issue that must be 1 l9 c4 n) v* H" O& P$ Nexamined in operational test and evaluation to determine the system’s capability% @$ _) ^1 o, I, k5 G( f1 p to perform its mission. A critical operational issue is normally phrased as a8 |+ M2 v N# |0 Q% M question to be answered in evaluating a system’s operational effectiveness H5 D3 x3 [3 P& W4 ~: s6 k" Y and/or operational suitability.# J2 }( _6 n) ~' k, ]. Z Critical Path 0 G. W$ ~7 x* y6 C$ [4 @# K6 vMethod% W8 Q5 Q1 @4 Z0 b1 H/ S A technique that aids dependency of other activities and the time required to & c9 V' i/ s- H m, |5 [: M. X9 {7 Rcomplete. Activities, which when delayed have an impact on the total project0 ?! k" W3 J$ K* O+ C schedule, are critical and are said to be on the critical path. {/ z, f: d. {. X3 S! [6 JCritical Risk The existence of a vulnerability that could cause exceptionally grave damage to3 Q# s# s) h2 c+ _- T the viability or the operational effectiveness of the SDS. & V4 @# o' _2 O% h3 i/ k: GCritical Security7 A9 k7 q9 |: ^$ T5 d' Z Risk 0 }# e4 V& ^0 A: Q* L" HThe existence of a security vulnerability that, if exploited by an adversary, could 7 F9 Z) l5 r8 L3 |+ Y0 r' d4 j! ncause exceptionally grave damage to the viability of the BMD or the operational 0 n* n# p4 ~! W! h0 I+ M8 geffectiveness of the SDS. Critical risks assume an adversary’s capability to s* @9 ?' t L p: r cause major system disruption or degradation (e.g., single point failure),9 A f/ T8 {' i destruction of mission-critical components, or usurpation of system functions.3 c$ t' T# o/ k5 ? Critical4 k: S+ u1 }8 b- ]$ l9 J- u Supporting 7 H3 {' x9 e( q( ~& d% aTechnology5 z) f6 s+ _- N* f: @0 [ A technology that program management personnel consider a critical part of the # o* }" _' h& N3 `9 |program being described.6 [" g0 o8 o& X$ G' a' F CRLCMP Computer Resources Life-Cycle Management Plan.6 l% C) E1 H# _. q CRM Computer Resources Management. + s* o. H2 F0 D+ e( {CRMP Computer Resources Management Plan./ _4 ?" p& `- e+ V0 G: B' V( O CRO Chemical Release Observation.; R8 K# m: W. C; p$ I CRP (1) Command and Reporting Post. (2) Control and Reporting Point (JFACC w/ z1 {* D4 ~" `! _* Vterm.) , }% ^, ^+ h0 |* f6 j: _" ~MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C+ n0 m# N3 _& t0 _) N# K 66 7 Z2 g, o/ i3 ^9 G0 r/ VCRS (1) Computer Resources Support. (2) Congressional Research Service. (3) 0 n* d+ S* }- V, @) LContractor Reporting System.5 ~6 q5 k$ [& X0 ~3 a, c. t CRT Cathode Ray Tube.' q7 D. c, C q8 S/ {' C- W( {$ G, \ s CRWG Computer Resource Working Group.2 D& ]2 r ~9 B( F Cryocoolers Cryogenic Coolers./ j7 \( g! q ?# g. h# I6 } Cryogenic Of or related to cryogens (substances which are used to obtain low ! s7 h0 @1 k/ w- ]9 ]temperatures). . ], H8 W$ o# ?$ pCrypto A designation or marking which identifies classified operational keying material, 5 k( x0 Q# _8 X# t c! M( sand which indicates that this material requires special consideration with respect* F* J; y' V8 P* Y to access, storage and handling.6 E2 a" [8 e5 A! A& `# ~/ v Cryptographic" `" ^6 F& t( i4 O System9 N* i) n3 L9 P The documents, devices, equipment, and associated techniques that are used 9 A7 W# l: ?# p+ V+ I8 p: \7 Xas a unit to provide a single means of encryption (enciphering or encoding).. O! [* f" Z- N+ f3 M Cryptology The science that deals with hidden, disguised, or encrypted communications. It* @5 l$ C# W; X. G _ includes communications security and communications intelligence.4 M, ]% f/ u$ T4 J5 f CS (1) OBSOLETE. See Corps SAM. (2) Contracting Specialist. (3) Contract Start. ) a& w, M. Y, `8 ]* DCS/CSS Combat Support and Combat Service Support (USAF budget term). : M) |; V" w; L/ q* jCSA Chief of Staff of the Army. / O0 {5 _" F, _" E2 W# {CSAF Chief of Staff of the Air Force. 4 p7 }' N% J2 A; J$ i* ^CSC Computer Software Component. 7 M) |, C4 }8 n' |9 u( c0 _CSCE OBSOLETE – Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe. (See OSCE)$ O& f; @ t" s7 [4 Q! x% h CSCSC Cost/Schedule Control System Criteria. 6 [1 _4 ?7 |1 m l+ }3 tCSD (1) Constant Speed Drive. (2) Critical System Demonstration. 5 `7 ~+ ?5 `4 OCSE Center for Security Evaluations (DCI). ! c+ Z6 M8 w A& SCSEDS Combat System Engineering Development Site, supporting the AEGIS Weapon # U: Y/ u6 w5 ]) g2 _" V VSystem, located in Cherry Hill, NJ. 7 H% ?3 w+ u' [# fCSF Consolidated Support Facility, Arlington, VA. ' I2 y/ N7 p5 k0 B' m! s. V4 o0 OCSI (1) Critical Safety Item. (2) Critical Sustainability Item. 4 e% N& {5 A7 f* ?+ E; [; w/ L6 _CSIP Current Systems Improvement Program.5 ~( v5 a) D! _ N CSIZE Constellation Size. & b1 H- @) C3 N! Z* hCSL Computer Systems Laboratory.9 i$ j) o$ F. _# B: t% s6 K CSM (1) Core Support Module (*C2E term). (2) Communications Support Model. t: S& c, R) L1 Z gCSNI Communications Shared Network Interface (NATO term).; Z Z q* l7 M" C6 X( a+ F MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C, W$ V/ m- @. X% e) R 678 S; k7 e; |0 @6 t CSO Closely Spaced Objects.3 }2 z( e* m- d, S& `* G4 m& }% ?0 L& r CSOC See Consolidated Space Operations Center.9 g) y9 ~; C% l1 z+ B/ n+ U CSOM Computer System Operator’s Manual 6 [9 P' P' P+ F2 h; o7 ~CSOSS Combat System Operational System Sequencing( v$ f8 m1 l9 Q% z+ \1 P- H! P" F CSP Communications Support Processor (numerous locations, including USAF Air 8 }1 i/ e: }6 PDevelopment Center, Rome, NY term).- |. p0 F5 h1 |9 M" ~ CSRD Computer System Requirements Document.+ ^0 t, K0 a- \1 x8 B CSS (1) Cooperating Space System. (2) Communications System Segment. (3) # T- [% j5 E% u) _' M3 L1 m gContractor Support Services. (4) Common Sharing System. (5) Communications " y1 f, C. Q1 tSupport System (Navy term). (6) Common Support System. (7) Combat Service : g0 f7 [" | h8 o* {/ KSupport. ' A" t- ~7 V3 B6 K5 kCSSCS Combat Service Support Control System (USA term). # W5 D$ {" @9 I' L) W3 i8 M! oCSSPAB Computer System Security and Privacy Advisory Board. & }/ f8 { C' V9 V5 C8 RCSSO Computer Systems Security Officer.. u t+ G9 M) v# M2 B CSSTSS Combat Service Support Training Simulation System (US Army term).9 }* H# s0 ~+ y CSTC Consolidated Space Test Center.8 e4 R7 Y- e. L5 I3 @& Z CSTI Civil Space Technology Initiative. - [6 Q) E6 j5 M9 X/ h" {8 ]* ]CSU (1) Computer Software Unit. (2) Communications System Utilization.( _; Z6 ]# j- ^; y CSUR Communications System Utilization Report. 9 p& o* X( g% v% X# R# SCT (1) Counter-terrorism. (2) Communications Terminal. (3) Control Telemetry. 2 O! a; _2 ?2 W(4) Cryptologic Technician (Navy occupation specialty).; p* i' Y% X# ?; e) ~$ M' c CTACS Contingency Theater Air Control System (JFACC term). - K* M& ^3 l5 M) M! `% l$ ^" b/ ?CTAPS Contingency Theater Automated Planning System (USAF). ) b' F' O4 g1 h* C* jCTB (1) Communications Test Bed. (2) Comprehensive Test Ban [Treaty term]. " u4 F+ Z: C) l1 u, w" _CTBM Conventionally-0armed TBM.) y% x' h1 a. n CTC Combat Training Center, Ft. Leavenworth, KS. 2 t# X7 M6 j# }0 C% OCTCC Critical Technology Coordinating Committee. , F0 y: @) x5 F+ S9 r6 _% C% pCTD Communications Test Driver. ( ~# {- [/ K* s! c6 [+ f* p4 XCTE (1) Center for Test and Evaluation (JIEO term) (2) Common Test Environment. ( e- M0 }' K1 wCTEIP Central Test and Evaluation Investment Program. A DoD program for centrally5 Q k2 N$ o2 ~ funding selected test investments proposed by the Services and Defense ! h- S2 N. H9 o' N, x0 _, k7 r# B& gAgencies (including MDA).

使用道具 举报

34#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:03:26 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C / e) ], V8 e; U; O( n68: @% u6 R- g+ \5 }; }9 ] CTF Controlled Test Flights.8 d7 o2 [& k+ F+ W CTI Concept Technology Insertion. ' d# H" G5 K2 A% G$ N# q, @9 u* |CTN CALS Test Network.5 l" w5 I7 Q3 E7 v CTOC Corps Tactical Operations Center.- Y/ l4 E/ G0 y/ e CTOL Conventional Takeoff/Landing aircraft. ( ]0 \4 T2 T! J \# O* I" I5 h# VCTP (1) Critical Technical Parameters. ; P0 F+ _" {; k8 H7 O(2) Communication Tasking Plan.( H! f8 [ X, ^" R7 R4 Q1 T: ` (3) Consolidated Targets Program., r1 p& J( v# B6 |3 I/ G( n$ P CTPE Central Tactical Processing Element. 7 d9 n- F; K _4 d* MCTPP Consolidated Targets Program Plan. 3 v% ?- s1 b- C3 Z; D" B! a( MCTR Cooperative Threat Reduction (Treaty negotiation term). $ Y W7 L1 E4 r2 Q' ?CTRS Centers & n! C, h9 {1 Y4 [- aCTS (1) Clear To Send (TelComm/Computer term). & X N$ Y) a0 v, m(2) Contact Test Set (USA IFTE term). 6 Q# a7 z- `3 t9 K! n5 A" FCTSS Computer and Telecommunications Staff. 0 v. }6 C9 w' {+ vCTT Commander’s Tactical Terminal (US Army). 9 b, Q4 y9 d; C. f5 j0 P" TCTT-H/R Commander’s Tactical Terminal –Hybrid Receiver (USA term). / U! |6 P& k+ W) E5 K4 ZCTV Control Test Vehicle(s).$ ~* j7 C5 |) J% ?- f( R CUDIXS Common User Digital Information Exchange System.$ k4 u f; A5 A; y3 m# X Cued Operation The directing of one sensor based upon the data received from another sensor. : K0 ~! O* d# H( b) c+ SCueing Command The command within a tactic, which specifies the sensor element’s coverage 7 G: e4 G; i8 A7 Z0 [3 y) @! lvolume. 1 ` }. u8 T0 WCueing Data Cueing data is a subset of object tracks within a sensor element’s coverage ; L; D* c, o( j* L2 Svolume.) a: V, P1 S; F- U6 i6 [$ X CV (1) Carrier Vehicle. (2) USN Aircraft Carrier. (3) Curriculum Vitae.2 o( j5 g5 B5 `! R9 C CV/BM Carrier Vehicle/Battle Management. 2 T" g, d4 D- F2 [) ]6 K9 ?; C: hCVBG USN aircraft carrier battle group. . t+ p ~7 L' `1 gCVHG Carrier, Aircraft (V/STOL), Guided missile. ) \" p: Y5 J1 v! D, cCVISC Combat Visual Information Support Center. & k5 D. t) Z. _; N4 E ICVL Copper Vapor Lasers. 7 e" Z/ U0 ~+ m& H) G( J" hCVN USN nuclear powered aircraft carrier.# ]3 d6 m) E+ i/ y+ o MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 C 7 R- G0 G7 N4 r; M, n! T' Z R0 i69 8 i0 l4 S0 f# G! `" b5 jCW (1) Continuous Wave. (2) Chemical Weapon/Warfare. (3) Carrier Wave. / y: m/ a! a& x) M' S+ F' o$ SCWAR Continuous Wave Acquisition Cycle (Hawk). 2 O# h v8 d; ^' V5 X7 a& u# NCWBS Contract Work Breakdown Structure.7 C2 ^5 j* ~( z: N! b r9 ] CWDD Continuous Wave Deuterium Demonstrator.- _7 d* N: m8 N" B CWIPT Cost Working group integrated Product Team. A% R( R7 p2 P+ n( t CY Calendar Year. 1 x/ c. `/ C# M3 uMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D # m a1 A( m& N: N! c) i71 ' d* `* W4 |4 D+ a& jD Deuterium * Z' I( Q7 T( W8 V: P/ X" ?D Spec Process specification. / W; { [7 @- w8 gD Star Measure of infrared sensor sensitivity. ( B* J# o$ |+ v( BD&D Design and Development , z* I3 l& ]9 e+ lD&T Detection and Tracking.( S( {: O5 y$ M9 S- [ D-IFOG Depolarized-Interferometric Fiber Optic Gyro.. w3 P7 a$ X- \& V' r! l; \ D-Level Depot Level (ILS term). 1 j. Z- y; D, `: F J2 @D/A Digital-to-Analog - X3 V& I j4 [" GD/V Demonstration and Validation.- f/ d( S9 k1 r' c' L D2 Projective (interceptor) in the Hyper-Velocity Gun program.* j* p* }9 ~- f DA (1) Department of the Army. % [( e/ t v1 I4 L(2) Department of Administration./ L6 [& Q5 s i: ^ (3) Decision Analysis. V% ]0 Y/ Y' ~) U% F(4) Developing Agency/Activity.* G( v ~+ m' f0 B- G5 H1 { (5) Data Administrator. 8 e8 r* ~7 d0 O7 U8 D(6) Direct Action. , B0 S5 Y+ L$ p1 I. K7 ]* }(7) Data Adapter.1 J( L: z3 b) l3 U DAA Designated Approval Authority (DD 5000 term). & E) l% j1 @8 v5 }, ADAASAT Direct Ascent Anti-Satellite.3 l: k; o& ]; E" D# z1 D) d DAB See Defense Acquisition Board. " O- D t# f* b: @9 p% F5 KDAC (1) Days After Contract [Award]. / ?! }. E( u5 Y" x1 {(2) Department of the Army Civilian.* u( y8 J5 W$ }% [% b (3) Directed Attack Characterization. ' x; Q2 s' L& ?, B- T8 Y4 Y' n6 E(4) Deploy ACCS Component.; r- N: t! Y' Z' D/ m* V* R: i+ S (5) Digital-to-Analog Converter.# P4 ?) Q" q( J7 k DACS Divert and Attitude Control System.6 a" w0 N/ d! t; x DAD Defense Acquisition Deskbook.0 K* P7 a/ s; F! o DADS Distributed Air Defense Study (1993). # r. C# r' {- P1 ~. |DAE Defense Acquisition Executive. 4 A( K# N; i* C; Q; t6 E0 ~) UDAES Defense Acquisition Executive Summary. 7 w& `7 C* L1 i3 JDAGGR Depressed Altitude Guided Gun Round. ( U: O% R% v$ w$ [DAHQ Department of the Army Headquarters.) A, u" Z5 e% N" C DAI Damage Assessment Indicator (targets).: b* c. C( m8 k& o DAL Defended Asset List. 3 J6 S7 g. \- K! D) q7 d7 }MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D 9 l" s5 T2 j$ d: V5 D) W% l72 2 w2 r& f! B v3 D/ nDAMA Demand Assigned Multiple Access. G# ~8 X' T8 IDANASAT Direct Ascent Nuclear Anti-Satellite. B r' J" G9 DDAPR Director’s Annual Program Review (SDIO term) 4 P2 w$ @# X9 m, n0 n3 v# s' Q1 KDARO Defense Aeronautical Reconnaissance Office (OSD).+ Q" Q* `1 ~; _- t ~: F DARP Defense Aeronautical Reconnaissance Program.* J# s3 c# o2 Y5 s+ W) s3 C DARPA Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. See ARPA. # t* p! p' |8 U$ \3 eDART OBSOLETE. Defense Acquisition Review Team.4 C" X/ P; Y" Y( ?+ X DASA German Aerospace. Member of the MEADS Program Team. ' P6 Z u% d2 kDASC Deep Air Support Center (JFACC term). U/ L6 M4 x( [9 B, x+ V# h( N' YDASD OBSOLETE. Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense.* E* ], V$ a2 O: i: ^6 M, N! u DASD (C3) Deputy/Assistant Secretary of Defense (C3)! L0 L5 J. B; b2 V% J: c DASO Demonstration and Shakedown Operation.- K& J6 R& M4 _ Data Integrity The state that exists when computerized data is the same as that in the source+ ~- z9 }# K( ^8 a: k6 ~ documents and has not been exposed to accidental or malicious alteration or 8 i. L _/ [4 O) B" k" B. l1 O. `, B4 Edestruction.1 n3 A* m c0 r7 |' [% G- U9 V. V Datalink (1) The means of connecting one location to another for the purpose of , e8 J9 g! [4 Ftransmitting and receiving data. @, H3 m2 E, j/ _ (2) A particular path between two nodes over which data is transmitted. It: D) X4 @7 k% m5 u2 n, O includes not only the transmission medium, but also digital to analog% A+ _$ U3 K- u converters, modems, transmission equipment, antennas, etc., associated 0 U3 H2 l( X* Q I2 D0 y0 u' Awith this path. In the SDS backbone network, it was a path between two- E; x: v* W1 ^* n7 s" A6 m8 t SDS elements. In space these datalinks were microwave or laser. On 5 `" y( @, D: wthe ground, they could have been wire line, microwave, or optical fiber.9 S# s" P& X1 Q7 [( h7 ` l" y3 y* X DAU Defense Acquisition University, Ft. Belvoir, VA. 9 Z' ^/ F" Z: F8 X0 a5 D9 E; C, Z) l& zDAVID Development of Advanced Very long wavelength Infrared Detector (USAF 9 m+ s3 u S4 W8 LPhillips Lab term).% J* j+ M S- B4 J# e) l DAWS Defense Automated Warning System.9 `/ M# A! ^ m+ } Dazzling The temporary blinding of a sensor by overloading it with an intense signal of) c3 {9 i- ?4 {. P7 G" P' R electromagnetic radiation (e.g., from a laser or a nuclear explosion). 5 i) l! z# U+ ADB Bata Base ! J8 t. I8 \: x' s2 ~ E9 l* ^DBME Database Management Environment (Computer term). ^- j. O# }9 ]9 ]* dDBMS Database Management System. + u. t6 o6 Z! D/ UDBOF Defense Business Operations Fund.# `$ J0 {6 b3 U3 k" R/ J2 | DBS Direct Broadcast Satellite.

使用道具 举报

35#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:03:49 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D 3 O& N2 C# }# j, K3 x737 G/ j- y* e- v" d7 d) ]) g Dbsm Decibels per square meter. 4 I2 o7 P8 v# R* Q% C$ i1 d6 p* EDBSM Database System Management.1 g8 `( p2 L d& ~! u; l- U( v! o DC (1) Disarmament Commission. (2) Direct Current.* ~% @ `3 ~, {# @( R9 x DC-X Delta Clipper Experiment.& ~9 ~) v# h* Y4 ^. S DCA (1) Defensive Counter Air. (2) OBSOLETE. Defense Communications 9 e# ]+ D( v# p2 x" t% O" sAgency. (Now known as Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)). d" [: U, u$ O DCAA Defense Contract Audit Agency.- N _" S7 p* D' Z% \ DCAS Defense Contract Administrative Services. - \/ U/ |4 l) @ G/ x0 {- t; aDCCO Defense Commercial Communications Office (of DISA). ) D: F5 _* u8 t# d( [5 Y7 q( GDCDS Distributed Computer Design/Development System. * N* K5 k8 O* ^% i, m3 c3 A- Z) dDCE (1) Data Communications Equipment (TelComm/Computer term). ) x8 @0 q$ H# ?( Q9 F2 r9 N(2) Distributed Computer Environment. ' E* p9 [7 q1 ]. J& _& dDCEC Defense Communications Electronics Command.9 T3 l N+ R' O+ v2 ^, u DCI (1) Director of Central Intelligence. (2) Dual Channel Interchange.$ b9 N/ u4 y! m DCINC Deputy Commander-in-Chief.* k& U. c# ?; J5 ^1 I DCM Defensive Counter Measures./ w1 ~- d8 V1 Y* W9 {9 X) X DCMC Defense Contract Management Command w: j8 K" Q+ F) g DCN Document Change Notice. 2 a/ f6 e/ \9 Z& Y: DDCO Director of Combat Operations (JFACC term).8 M: E3 T% o5 `- t. g DCP (1) Decision Coordination Paper (see ADM).' Z+ X. p, Z' t- ? (2) Director of Combat Plans (JFACC term).4 z7 p2 P' B& d* a6 Y DCPG Digital Clock Pulse Generator.; J6 w1 Q$ U; _' G* Z$ p DCS Deputy Chief of Staff.' |% w6 D2 A: j0 m8 K4 S- Q DCSOPS Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Plans (Army).+ z1 Y G0 v" Z ^8 w4 h, ^: H4 d- S* u DCT Digital Communications Terminal % x' j2 h0 j' E( E4 Z! jDCTN Defense Commercial Telecommunications Network.( b' B( C) O- X5 G& V9 q/ X3 B DD Variation of DoD.* n) n( d* ?1 l" y) c. Y DDCI Deputy Director of Central Intelligence.' y+ f4 P3 ^) }9 w DDEL Dwight David Eisenhower Library, Abilene, KN (army term). 2 I4 C- a( a. V: y% UDDG USN guided missile destroyer. 9 W a( R/ F7 e3 ?5 g3 `0 ?MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D . c' F1 \' @( `$ v' A74# J" L3 @2 t! V, k/ ^& n2 M# U DDL Disclosure authority letter.; A- g- j w& U8 ^ DDN Defense Data Network.3 w' u9 w% S* L! b7 B# _ DDR&E Director, Defense Research and Engineering. : I6 t; {# L/ Y. b9 y' cDDDR&E Deputy Director, Defense Research and Engineering.4 F4 O' W; a5 C- q1 l DDS Data phone Digital Service (AT&T service) (Telecomm/Computer term). # [! L$ \$ e8 E: y7 J$ D4 T1 sDE (1) See Directed Energy. (2) Delay Equalizer.( u5 G0 {* i7 z; _ DEBRA Debris, Radiance Model. : \7 G, ^% u; |& l- W, i: k& K/ dDecentralized " {4 A1 H! h) H% `/ EControl * d! z: f: c3 WIn air defense, the normal mode whereby a higher echelon monitors unit actions, 6 H" F. |. o. W I( Fmaking direct target assignments to units only when necessary to ensure proper6 k4 c5 J+ U* `" @- p5 I. G fire distribution or to prevent engagement of friendly aircraft. 2 M# I( G; |% uDecentralized& o8 a* ^1 ?+ i; f, A9 V8 ^ Execution 8 l: |' D+ \7 E/ D/ M: pThe distributed and integrated implementation of USCINCSPACE direction by " k. A) E. O( z2 X0 }the BMD forces. (AFSPACECOM) . R: s5 B G( L3 L; PDecommissionin# g3 f& L6 u; `3 P) a" ` g ) |5 Z, o" M3 K/ }8 R7 j4 mThe removal or the rendering useless of obsolete or no longer needed G! M3 c% I8 @: d: i3 hcomponents of the BMD system from service.' w' k: A, ?, o$ A+ `% I Decrement A directed funding level reduction for an acquisition program. ' Z k+ {. w5 h5 d; w, lDED Data Element Definition (Computer term).# Z, y% h/ s% h' e& [ Dedicated Mode 3 e4 Z' Z/ I3 cof Operation( {: y- _$ e9 C0 W" y! |( ~ (ADP Security) 4 \" x" ^, ^8 @5 H3 ?! n' ]A mode of operation where all users of the AIS possess the required personnel $ _. X& I: g- P8 ]- R% o) \security clearance or authorization, formal access approval (if required), and a / D- F! M: m# K# RNeed-to-Know for all data included in the AIS. 0 l1 S# z7 C, D) a {! FDeep Space (DS) The region of outer space at altitudes greater than 3,000 nautical miles (about / r" Z2 T) P1 ~: u6 Y5,600 kilometers) above the earth’s surface. & f) {! [3 O5 ]) XDef Definition.$ p( ? E1 d1 H DEF (1) Defense. (2) Demilitarization Enterprise Fund.- u$ T$ C% \' s DEFCON Defense Readiness Conditions., ^, L4 }% s. L! d0 c; D9 ] Defended area/ N( J l: o0 [( G% j coverage$ v; R' q8 H! ~- S; `' y5 c" k Defended Asset4 ~% S9 o3 D. ? List (DAL)9 W7 V3 Q- j% j! D' R6 W4 W; ]' g The geographical region that the BMDS can protect from ballistic missile attacks- M* @0 L# G4 t9 I' ` with a specified level of probability of negation. May be specified for a particular $ S8 O' \) Z# {2 k& bthreat type, launch point(s), launch regions, raid size, etc." r0 H: f' }3 i/ D3 ]% T3 n A ranked listing of facilities, forces, and national political items that require2 Q1 l! x/ A5 Q0 t protection from attack or hostile surveillance. The list is compiled from Federal& P3 S4 ]9 u; b( E+ x6 \; j departments and agencies, Unified and Specified Commands, and the Armed / |! ]2 ]$ f7 t% J/ qServices to ensure National Security Emergency Preparedness functions. 2 E3 I% ~/ \1 q8 [2 ?- kMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D# v) `3 S) }. f+ A( s9 p! h, U& ] 75" M2 f# F# e9 G! a- U7 K+ d Defense8 D/ \9 T+ P5 D2 s1 X1 l G Acquisition- U/ M/ K; W: l, m2 Y Board (DAB)+ w2 ?& I# p3 F+ w+ [& q0 l The senior DoD acquisition review board chaired by the Under Secretary of " D6 I% y* u8 u& F9 v/ F$ F; JDefense for Acquisition. The Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is the ' J: X4 {8 P# ~) |& f; T/ F, c( b( |$ wVice-Chair. Other members of the Board are the Deputy Under Secretary of& }8 X1 p) O8 F" [; H% F Defense for Acquisition and Technology, Service Acquisition Executives of the b) F3 J* L' K( @2 ?/ R& gArmy, Navy, and Air Force; the Director of Defense Research and Engineering; ; `2 x, c; A3 C) s: D) E! Dthe Assistant Secretary of Defense for Program Analysis and Evaluation; the1 B3 {' N4 d0 Q6 Y Comptroller of the Department of Defense; the Director of Operational Test and7 Y7 ~( e: j' e7 ^$ ]+ r& d Evaluation; the appropriate Defense Acquisition Board Committee Chair; and the 4 P4 \ J4 L; k0 M9 {0 d5 vDefense Acquisition Board Executive Secretary. Other persons may attend at 9 b) J+ k0 [3 M. o2 Z: }" Bthe invitation of the Chair. (See DoD Directive 5000.49, “Defense Acquisition& ~. W, ^6 I. Q0 E$ F Board.”)3 B8 Y# o; R$ X* v# d$ Z Defense # [! P2 N$ z) u6 U8 G+ z T# RAcquisition7 g8 X: B/ c) J! Z Board Committee , U8 M! p/ {3 X. yAdvisory review groups subordinate to the Defense Acquisition Board. The- u; \( `9 d5 I Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition determines the number of / k5 ?5 E: m* a& V- I4 u, v& WCommittees. The purpose of the Committee is to review DoD Component 3 U b v: ~3 W- F1 @programs prior to a Defense Acquisition Board review in order to make an2 a$ \* R8 F# N2 _: @9 T independent assessment and recommendation to the Board regarding the. E: g- |& _/ ? program. (See DoD Directive 5000.49, “Defense Acquisition Board.”)

使用道具 举报

36#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:04:03 |只看该作者
Defense $ b1 p; t4 Q FAcquisition ) n2 `4 S: H0 R. m% s5 |Executive (DAE)2 X, I. R; ^, H+ K, S2 { e The principal advisor to the Secretary of Defense on all matters pertaining to the: b6 w$ q6 q8 c# { Department of Defense Acquisition System. The USD (A) is the DAE and the" r; m4 L' C" P& i9 Y Defense Procurement Executive (DoD Directive 5134.1). + _0 S( A5 M6 _9 SDefense ! d& F5 e& [* \. A8 u# O. mAcquisition ! d" U0 F2 m. _Executive* r4 O H% S8 O) w, A* V Summary (DAES)4 V9 ]- P0 c- b- O" u8 s The DAE’s principal mechanism for tracking programs between milestone( `6 B3 ^. S& j6 a" g reviews. Includes programs subject to the Selected Acquisition Report (SAR), 9 w$ {# c8 Q# Zand any non-SAR programs subject to review by the Defense Acquisition Board. & X9 K7 G0 \0 p0 v4 tDefense! r! e2 c6 v* o Employment 7 I" F0 {7 ]7 j0 @4 e( {Option (DEO)& H) l4 g/ F3 B. A9 y1 H Engagement strategy provided to USSPACECOM component forces to achieve5 F; B9 w2 D# L, \1 L% K' l specific military objectives against a ballistic missile attack. It defines hostile5 A) U6 Z5 j ?1 G target priorities, provides assets to defend, and allocates SDS resources to be& q/ a/ b. {( \! n employed. A number of DEOs may reside in a particular Preplanned Response: _4 p- f$ L' I) a1 c8 |" _ Option (PRO). However, default DEOs (those believed to be best suited to- W2 r. R# \1 b* D% i* I& v counter the threat initially) will be automatically processed and executed when 1 k0 k# h' \0 Q- V6 e# PDefense Activation Authority (DAA) is given by USCINCSPACE. . g; ~2 U* }- Q3 ]4 u1 P+ FDefense 9 o4 E4 U' E7 m7 |2 vEnterprise% g( s9 D! B: `; Q+ M5 n, r+ I Program (DEP) ! E3 ^! F* S% }, g* V& mAn Acquisition program designed to streamline the acquisition process by waiver3 t$ \- l0 g4 f# a# @/ A9 P! ]! x of selected regulatory requirements. 4 N( I* ~. j+ WDefense In-Depth Locating mutually supportive defense positions in such a manner as to absorb * o3 K1 d2 \8 {9 A! u4 j5 Eand progressively weaken an attack, prevent initial observations of the entire ' J0 D4 Y, f; M# R) _position by the enemy, and allow the commander to maneuver his reserve. % \8 }: {, f" [! RDefense : C; w1 Z) ^; i! W0 @% L* [9 B% t4 WMeteorological # L0 W& E) u5 o) FSatellite Program: Q& [& k* |- w" r (DMSP) ) W0 g% Q" i* N& m p$ } mSatellites designed to meet unique military requirements for weather information.4 y$ }5 k) f0 g' W+ F1 ? Used to detect and observe developing cloud patterns and follow existing ! }6 I& y; ?6 b2 P# hweather systems. Visible and infrared imagery are used to form threedimensional cloud-plural analyses of various weather conditions.: i* R6 z# R4 C: P/ [ Defense Planning2 V& n4 w0 }. B; P- N6 ?5 z and Resources1 n$ r" T( U$ E# F1 E, @ Board (DPRB)5 w o+ k! N& r! e A board, chaired by the Deputy Secretary of Defense, established to facilitate. r! }/ G' i* z! [# n decision making during all phases of the planning, programming, and budgeting ! n) I8 h+ u# {4 w$ s% m6 h7 A/ Esystem process. Board members include the Secretaries of the Military9 [% S* x2 A5 z& e+ {* j! F Departments, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Under Secretaries of 3 J* w5 j2 a' O( i- F! Z6 n4 JDefense for Acquisition and Technology, and Policy, the Assistant Secretary of. P3 n% Z2 X( `' n! k. F Defense for Program Analysis and Evaluation, and the Comptroller of the _8 a. ?1 d8 O7 j& f1 f Department of Defense. E+ M/ y2 A" H% I1 w: oMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D / ]) m# c. n3 q2 }1 C76 N$ {+ e7 z! N/ C Defense Planning/ i( E! Z, f& M: W n, ~7 O% X. Y Guidance (DPG)( D; f$ T8 D/ R7 ~* L' k Document issued by SECDEF to DoD components providing strategic framework 0 b5 i7 i. s$ R2 [5 s6 ufor developing the Service POMs. Result of planning effort by Joint Staff, OSD, . o }, W. E. I" t; {& b% Cand Services. In connection with two-year budget process, DPG is issued every7 T# e0 A; N" V other (even) year.' G5 }/ F5 c6 P' R& \ u Defense Priority& `, R; k+ l$ n- G! y and Allocation 2 M& h' |% J# T4 T3 HSystem (DPAS) / y; y& h$ W+ I0 ~The implementation of a statutory requirement where contracts in support of* r% ~1 F) y8 J* e& e6 d national defense must be accepted and performed on a priority basis over all * t' f, w" b' Z$ Zother contracts, and which requires the allocation of materials and facilities in0 ~# O9 w* t: H. S! |8 V such a manner as to promote the national defense. See “DO” and “DX.”- ]7 ~2 \; p6 K* N, g v Defense* |1 h- x+ m& i! F1 Q Readiness 9 C1 z* q+ g: o5 E7 d+ SConditions7 e* z" M) |6 ?) x (DEFCON)( x2 d" J. r( v8 H4 U; f8 s A uniform system of progressive alert postures for use between the Chairman of " ?2 a# \7 y1 ^ Uthe Joint Chiefs of Staff and the commanders of unified and specified commands ! x. \* s- n7 C/ D6 Fand for use by the Services. Defense readiness conditions are graduated to ) q5 y' n" C$ U+ Gmatch situations of varying military severity (status of alert). Defense Readiness & ]( ~8 @, l# P h# w) r1 oConditions are identified by the short title DEFCON (5), (4), (3), (2), and (1), as / ], V& C3 D" x* k9 J* Kappropriate.: G( m; Q+ r, ~. q; O# H! c0 a5 e Defense Satellite 4 W G5 _* O4 q; m+ ^Communications & S) i. v, B5 Y% A ^# ^" zSystems (DSCS) A3 H# r- y; W2 a Advanced communications satellites in synchronous orbit around the earth. ) E0 ^+ ~- p& t: H* u3 n. k2 }Provides high-capacity, super high-frequency (SHF) secure voice and data links2 d! `: D5 d3 S$ M: q for the Worldwide Military Command and Control System (WWMCCS). They% V3 f2 O6 \3 i/ I6 y; F support terminal deployments for contingencies; restoration of disrupted service * O6 j& U% I' K2 v1 }7 J, coverseas; presidential travel; global connectivity for the Diplomatic# T- ^' Y& a" H: A" V& [6 N Telecommunications Services; and transmission to the continental United States 8 o9 O% i* a% H9 Oof some surveillance, intelligence, and early warning data." R, f" p ` j2 }2 a5 V Defense Satellite, T* p+ C: O. `- j: x3 o P (DSAT) Weapon 2 F7 v" ^' d. \) v( jA device that is intended to defend satellites by destroying attacking ASAT l( F) t7 Y. p$ D2 m7 X weapons. 5 a: ?4 M+ B/ L9 FDefense Support A2 v* W9 f0 l Program (DSP) , ~/ U, z! W9 ], f0 E' LA system of satellites in geo-stationary orbits, fixed and mobile ground* i* N1 `* l! C3 T processing stations, one multi-purpose facility, and a ground communications* N8 e) F2 u# x* G1 b8 b5 }$ o network (GCN). DSP’s primary mission is to provide tactical warning and limited # S, _; R! a8 `3 M$ S; a, {/ battack assessment of a ballistic missile attack. " P- }3 M% z; B' pDefense 7 f' n5 G5 A; q5 vSuppression 7 a: b! P- F6 H" A' oTemporary or transient degradation of the performance of a defensive system & C; [) }; I4 v; Rbelow the level needed to fulfill its mission objectives, by an opposing force. + l/ T" g* ^0 j3 `8 J3 }(USSPACECOM) 7 p5 v$ A. h3 e# JDefense Tier The arranging of a defensive system to correlate with the phases of a ballistic ' b- X) b6 Q7 ^7 Kmissile trajectory; i.e., boost, post-boost, midcourse, and terminal.; l: b4 e5 u- S) p3 L3 q& @ Defensive" _) X0 l* V# v! G: D+ k, m: q Counter 1 e8 P6 g. J2 M# y4 gMeasures (DCM)% N7 E2 q8 I' j7 K# v4 ~+ w9 @# @ Actions taken to eliminate an ASAT attack. ( N8 w8 l8 h! DDefensive 0 P* S: _1 ?/ g; W8 i/ n4 P* ATechnologies4 ~ F" D$ ~' O) t Study Team 3 |$ A( k/ _( e" v: P+ x5 w2 h(DTST)5 W2 J' f5 `2 d7 p6 K. [! Q! s A committee, generally known as the “Fletcher Panel” after its Chairman, 5 X9 ?6 R/ @" p; o+ eappointed by (former) President Reagan to investigate the technologies of ' ^# H8 R/ S- xpotential BMD systems. . P% E/ r7 m! L. Y$ L$ aDEFSMAC Defense Special Missiles and Astronautics Center, Ft. Meade, MD. + @/ D5 Z! X1 l# G: @; sDEIS Defense Enterprise Integration Services (ex-DTIS).$ d2 A |" g3 f# D% M6 R* U DEL Delivery.& E- M7 _1 L! q3 U Delivery Error The inaccuracy associated with a given weapon system resulting in a dispersion5 o% C9 x7 {) L' E6 N of shots about the aiming point. See also Circular Error Probable. 9 _( R. B7 m7 E4 CMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D 3 g+ R' R; O( \776 i( I# d' @; Y) D+ j ? Delta-V A numerical index of the maneuverability of a satellite or rocket. It is the3 N- a& Z# r+ L. P! f+ Q' ^ maximum change in velocity, which a spacecraft could achieve in the absence of / ^' q8 Y' ^4 Y7 ~5 Wa gravitational field. ; h* O! p4 c: i3 e) i" zDem/Val OBSOLETE. Demonstration and Validation (DD 5000 term). % k8 q9 l. r/ U5 v! z' U2 Q8 X9 S4 ^Demise Altitude Altitude at which object of interest (decoy, chaff, etc.) no longer performs its / h1 E2 f1 R' A/ S4 i: sdesired function (matching RV characteristics, screening RV, etc.). b" u5 D k; }. G DEMO Demonstration. . I, P- D4 ?4 a+ ~" L9 o6 FDemonstration 5 b" V! q" J) z. k; u; n- cand Validation) t) y2 P3 i. [! S- P ] (Dem/Val): H% @! _) r T The acquisition phase when major program characteristics and product designs 3 _- |6 t, T% T7 `" j, D, ~are refined through extensive study and analysis, hardware development, test, 8 a' _$ a7 L% F" k$ I# Oand evaluations. The objective is to validate the choice of alternatives and to+ E1 t' W, W. l9 y% d/ \7 i" { provide the basis for determining whether or not to proceed into Engineering and7 e8 x/ j5 C5 x+ ]0 O/ v, ]( v Manufacturing Development (EMD). t9 i# f3 E) f1 ^Denial Measure An action to hinder or deny the enemy the use of space, personnel, or facilities. 4 p1 w+ X6 U7 N# hIt may include destruction, removal, contamination, or erection of obstructions. 2 o' I: _% r* ]; Q' f5 f: _DEO Defense Employment Option.) O- _- N0 o7 V0 _4 l Department of 4 A$ {: p, V$ [0 iDefense- P7 O& }' U5 S0 _$ S0 @ Acquisition 6 ?- \7 G$ e: r; LSystem; j& V7 `( V. k W A single uniform system whereby all equipment, facilities, and services are ; V ~; O' ]) e$ M2 x2 E0 tplanned, designed, developed, acquired, maintained, and disposed of within the/ y3 j) x) Q, j2 W5 J Department of Defense. The system encompasses establishing and enforcing h; q" M, D! B! ~& s/ [policies and practices that govern acquisitions, to include documenting mission : R8 u, D) B% E5 z' h) X8 _needs and establishing performance goals and baselines; determining and ) p* g+ t7 j: m2 K- dprioritizing resource requirements for acquisition programs; planning and6 i# ~$ N$ r1 l# V" v; j executing acquisition programs; directing and controlling the acquisition review 7 T0 l' I2 O! I* }+ D1 e, Hprocess; developing and assessing logistics implications; contracting; monitoring; Z5 K, j3 Z$ j, j the execution status of approved programs; and reporting to Congress. (See 2 W6 q0 ?: H% n. d/ ]$ eDoD Directive 5134.1, “Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisition).”)3 @1 j- n6 p) W7 G0 P- S! A( O Deployment (1) The placement of force elements in battle positions to obtain a higher3 d' t, Y. J! a# R state of readiness.' [! |4 V# k" u* W) C* g (2) The movement required to place force elements in battle positions.# _+ S- g9 r% W) ~, l- C+ l% w% z: e (3) Fielding the weapons system by placing it into operational use with units : I7 o0 Z7 s$ o/ Y2 uin the field/fleet. # e7 b$ }9 N) h2 |7 p+ l(4) To arrange, place, or move strategically. 9 y' x& Z7 j1 t5 K, ODeployment ' F* K( a/ X5 x5 NPlanning - ^: P6 k. F8 z# x7 q8 D(1) The development and maintenance of plans required to initially deploy, " G7 J) D: I4 r% b- f" V; pmaintain, and evolve the operational system in accordance with 8 \- r4 h2 e M, x6 }2 @schedules and priorities. It includes factors such as launch facility 4 e& k8 y5 B. p' w/ ?5 yavailability and planning for the availability of other required elements) g# @# b) J- E' A0 T% a* ?- A such as trained personnel or units. In addition, it identifies the impact of ; S' N3 I; j; h. L/ Ydeployment on operational readiness and any testing constraints : S9 c/ n4 b" ^# T+ d, Q- passociated with deployment. - ]- W3 q% M% s" y& a; G7 v(2) Encompasses all activities from origin or home station through5 K# B: T9 i( A; g) A destination, specifically including intra-continental United States, intertheater, and intra-theater movement legs, staging areas, and holding + a C& l+ _* J. N; `areas.

使用道具 举报

37#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:04:19 |只看该作者
Deployment" Z2 X3 _# q. O Testing 1 T0 d0 n+ A2 b: r) b. j4 k* _$ YThe testing and/or simulation of system assets in the physical and operational+ [9 n% b& R. ]1 D: {. j7 V environment in which they are expected to perform. v) v3 l0 l. a, S) r; _, } DepOpsDep Service Deputy Operations Deputies.- w( Y" {2 u# i0 A1 } MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D 0 s+ g' O" @- i" L782 }; K+ t! w3 u6 X2 N C! O- ^ Depressed 1 a B6 y7 ~4 |- F' V' \Trajectory * t1 T( O/ { r+ {2 jTrajectory with an apogee below that of the minimum-energy trajectory. & Y+ Y: K4 W. ?% G0 V EDEPSCoR Defense Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research. 2 _* B8 }# E9 eDEPSECDEF Deputy Secretary of Defense. 3 Q& s+ I/ i; Z7 n1 v3 UDeSecState Deputy Secretary of State.* U D* S/ v2 P6 D: K6 H9 Y) V DERA Defense Evaluation and Research Agency. Consolidated research and 5 x8 w3 K4 m$ `8 [development resources of the U.K. Ministry Defence. Headquartered in % A0 k; l( ~) {% e- V' y) jFarnborough, England. 9 s$ y+ n, L" r: HDerivative 5 b( U7 d9 T) R6 I& G7 g5 M4 ^Classification " M" ^% z6 t% O" E) y5 d9 F7 L: jA determination that information is in substance the same as information( r; _7 x+ n' Y6 U1 D# U6 d currently classified and the application of the same classification marking./ f! h5 i! E) R: V6 B DES Data Encryption Standard.+ e* U9 u. S- s DESC Defense Electronics Supply Center (DLA term).5 U+ M3 t& @7 F K* p5 t9 ?: D9 ^0 w Design& w1 U( ?/ H, K% ]# @ Constraints : ]/ d. c- x: i6 N" O% j# B7 KBoundary conditions within which the developer must remain while allocating+ Z8 p7 l7 d( _5 ^# {/ ? performance requirements and/or synthesizing system elements.; F- j1 x" T. N/ k# ?3 \* l9 o Design - }2 r$ s- n7 a. ?) W; d5 p% ?5 I. jParameters9 Z. ?8 \: l8 J, j( e1 ^ Qualitative, quantitative, physical, and functional value characteristics that are ( Z% T& H) I+ g4 Q( Xinputs to the design process, for use in design tradeoffs, risk analyses, and4 N: D* q0 [9 Y! x development of a system that is responsive to system requirements. 4 _* ]+ ?# t# Z$ n R9 [Design Phase A period of time in the software life cycle during which the designs for6 s2 Y" z$ x; J' j6 z, u architecture, software components, interfaces, and data are created,9 r) n' U1 a; Z0 h/ g. ^ documented, and verified to satisfy requirements. & i: |3 O# ~( K1 ^2 S, s! T+ k% zDesign-to-Cost ) h6 A# Y; ~: \* t7 Z(DTC) Goal3 _7 {: i d% Z% Z2 X+ V9 A3 ~ Management concept wherein rigorous cost goals are established during9 f0 U/ e' @3 i4 D: E5 l development, and the control of systems costs (acquisition, operating, and : p* A- j/ U" Tsupport) to these goals is achieved by practical tradeoffs between operational1 y+ g% w# W& K- r! o6 J$ \ capability, performance, costs, and schedule. Cost, as a key design parameter,9 O0 R# {: e+ P8 j- C0 f5 j is addressed on a continuing basis and as an inherent part of the development* u9 L7 D" ^5 C and production process. A DTC goal should be in the form of average unit2 q1 m5 y, C. K/ n% [9 ^9 L- Y flyaway cost. Also, DTC parameters for operation and support will be 4 E$ u' j& Y, x' y2 e1 Hselected—parameters that are design-controllable, significantly affect O&S costs,2 S% _9 U5 c& t8 m+ u and can be measured during test and evaluation. Parameters may be h. \* _% ?0 c" F3 I8 x expressed in dollars or by other measurable factors, e.g., manpower, reliability, or . @3 Q. K5 S/ l% ?/ T" B$ O- _3 J# }* kmaintainability. Firm goals and thresholds will be established no later than entry. k' g$ w+ F& z9 l4 R into EMD (Milestone II). This is an in-house goal, almost contractual in nature, ! F- N) B. @& d! z; Q1 r0 qbetween the PM (Service) and the SECDEF. Allocations from this goal will$ Y! h+ m. V! o* M* z8 K' Z' ` become the contractual DTC goals for contractors supporting the program. 0 I, _3 T+ [5 E( q1 L sDet Detachment. 8 ?7 w$ x) j. h. _; Y- C4 `DETEC Defense Technology Evaluation Code." @* I0 Y& E+ M Detector A passive IR, visible, UV detector turns photons into an electrical signal. The1 _7 t. h& W! i* j IFOV of the detector is its solid angular sub-tense. There is sometimes . S2 ^ {/ z( w. z6 G; ~& yconfusion between the detector sub-tense (size) and the pixel (picture element ! c( S3 r( ^- O4 Vsize). They are the same for a staring sensor, but in a scanner it depends on% q" x* X3 o4 M) B2 a7 o" y1 A9 ~ the array offset and number of samples per dwell. A pixel area is often only onesixth or one-eighth of a detector angular area.. w) S9 I( B z7 |: D' v; U MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D" o* e! s& B9 K& A6 j0 t. l 794 i) J1 g$ o# J6 n DEV ENV Development Environment. + j1 o2 ~( A( g! W' LDevelopment6 N. Q/ _; ^$ K) i Test (DT) ! P( _' t! ?+ Y. s6 bTest conducted by the development test organization to achieve specified test' Q1 H: f4 N3 Z, ^* i; s objectives. It may be a complete test, a subtest, or a phase of a test. 7 r3 C$ U$ L7 L# v1 m* h* `Development 6 ?( w# @2 m. g7 [" ~Test I (DT I); l: n* \8 D. I } A series of tests conducted during the demonstration and validation phase.% A* J3 r3 f' T7 p Components, subsystems, or the total (or full) system are examined to determine8 U) `6 V* B2 B, g+ X- ? whether the system is ready for EMD. State-of-the-art technology is addressed 5 j3 W& `% r" N* t# z0 X, Yin DT I. # j/ o; i4 q1 n% c! m4 pDevelopment ' A' t F/ b( f' V! a( n" fTest II (DT II)! s1 z1 |+ ~2 ^/ `9 y5 \ A series of tests, normally during EMD, which provide the technical data. P2 Y# V; y% a/ j8 I necessary to assess whether the system is ready for low-rate initial or full + Z2 K4 t; b% }+ x# ?8 Aproduction. It measures the technical performance and safety characteristics of - L" k0 c! ]$ Y3 L5 Ythe item and evaluates its associated tools, test equipment, training package,( m7 e v$ W: H& i+ j# z, x and maintenance test package as described in the development plan. DT II. O1 r+ A. }8 ?6 L$ h$ C addresses accomplishment of engineering design goals and the fulfillment of' b d. I4 b+ i6 }' Q0 l, ?6 z contract specifications. 3 I, ]. X, f A/ D2 Y q- ?Development) x0 m* W ?5 Y, s9 s Test III (DT III) : t* E8 b# |0 c$ N" A$ aTests conducted during production.* R0 y' ?, N K+ J5 O7 \ Development 2 h8 g7 k, G6 a' @0 mTest and & B7 q( O2 h+ O* W+ k4 m" T$ mEvaluation6 N9 H! P8 j9 X( j6 X W9 L (DT&E) 4 T) t( E8 j- }3 bTest and evaluation conducted to measure progress, usually of 8 E0 Z( ]9 W9 ? f7 ~) t6 Acomponent/subsystems, and the proofing of manufacturing processes and/ w4 G9 X/ W* q: }2 \7 W# | controls and to assist the engineering design and development process and 9 A$ o+ }7 i& N" Z" Rverify attainment of technical performance specifications and objectives. Usually' F% ^5 R& s, w. T/ D7 f conducted under controlled or laboratory conditions. Can be conducted before: Y8 |1 @% a9 w8 E) \5 }- n/ V or after production begins.$ G! d6 D- k/ ~ Development H& _2 P( J4 w C/ M! M Test (DT) . f# B o* H1 f% M7 UTest conducted by the development test organization to achieve specified test $ I* t: a$ v- O( a7 uobjectives. It may be a complete test, a subtest, or a phase of a test. % `" a7 G% Y- V* _# f2 c- WDeviation Criteria Limits established beyond which a Program Manager may not trade-off cost,' j+ u6 U5 H( t1 P schedule, or performance without authorization from the milestone decision - N$ T1 Q- _% I7 u' }authority. Acquisition Program Baseline (APB) thresholds represent these. A! j. t& }; L% H. ~ parameters. 8 l& P' Z1 f; D$ K7 _$ b4 K: K( |Devolution of 5 S8 k- I; J* C/ r7 o# J0 `+ OCommand3 d) x2 J8 R8 l# x1 A Minimal essential operational capability to perform C2 provided in an orderly and - V. ^! R8 E) E) F8 f" E! d Atimely fashion to a duly authorized successor.! B3 S4 W% d6 j5 B4 V5 q: F a DEW (1) Directed Energy Weapon. (2) Directed Energy Warfare. 9 l' X& Z; w2 _DEW/D Directed Energy Weapon/Discrimination. ( Q4 Y5 G$ x4 kDEWG, O Directed Energy Weapon Ground, Orbital 3 K5 _' @! @0 Z) }& eDEWL Directed Energy Weapon, Laser (thermal or impulse).* h0 m) j2 e- n3 V- w DEWP Directed Energy Weapon, Particle Beam (neutral or charged). ) z+ [% U* `2 PDF-KBS Data Fusion Knowledge Based System. / L$ ?( \2 H/ l6 b7 [1 T2 f3 l& l* H3 nDF2 Deuterium Fluoride. * V7 }% {6 m! w6 r/ Q* N" QDFAR Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation 6 F+ ?. d4 T0 T( Y; j8 O: FDFARS Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement. 4 D1 } _3 W" _+ }) tMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D# I1 n8 G, Y; h) a9 J' u' l8 N 806 B5 c( N4 m* R) n* o DFAS Defense Financing and Accounting Service. & v* [1 m+ M- j4 O: o0 L" t0 S! dDG OBSOLETE. Defense Guidance. See Defense Planning Guidance. , T- `6 k' y" T+ T6 IDGA Director General of Armaments (France). * E% X) _: @& V0 r4 y7 l, L0 bDGP Defense Group on Proliferation. 4 k9 e9 a5 U9 {DI (1) Data Item. (2) Developmental Item.( @& R" X" X# Z$ j DIA Defense Intelligence Agency. ' g/ ^( k' v' h: H/ m: FDIAC Defense Intelligence Analysis Center. 1 n3 C* q) N! NDIAM Defense Intelligence Agency Manual: Y& z( \, D1 q Diameter (Optics) The unit of measure of the light gathering power of a lens. - g$ C i' o/ \& q4 NDICE Digital Integrated Combat Evaluator. 9 ~9 e' f: r" U, pDID Data Item Description.0 |/ C7 N4 U X9 v0 ^2 T5 p Diffraction The spreading out of electromagnetic radiation as it leaves an aperture. The' h5 `2 q: E6 A angle of spread, which cannot be eliminated by focusing, is proportional to the4 m9 b: J% S7 [( D5 R5 T ratio of the wavelength of radiation to the diameter of the aperture.% I. Y/ s- \0 o2 N2 a- ? Digital! r. ~4 Y) G0 ]' ^1 g4 u) s Processing( E$ \- [, F0 F0 F" ~ The most familiar type of computing, in which problems are solved through the- ~, |" l: x0 L& |/ p/ m mathematical manipulation of streams of bits. + _% s: T) O7 qDII Defense Information Infrastructure0 W% y( @5 a3 X8 z3 ^ Dip A period of significantly decreased RCS signatures of an RV at low altitude (6 to, ~! o1 R- W! p7 ` 12 km) between wake termination and de-sheathing.% Y# T# ?/ J2 d, U6 A DIPS Dynamic Isotope Power System (which provides up to 10 kW of power).; h9 b4 W' @0 P- F% T; y/ } DIR Director. : ^" U5 W+ P/ H& \. r0 T( LDirect Air6 [; h# l" m- q4 G& M5 f4 E Support Center# w% o8 F6 u3 A& W4 M A subordinate operational component of a tactical air control system designed( ]- O9 e# w' v7 ?/ Z+ L+ } for control and direction of close air support and other tactical air support9 Y: l, C3 Z2 n- i" d9 R/ H operations, and normally collocated with fire support coordination elements. $ y( c6 F: y2 w$ K! x; v8 ^Direct Cost Any cost that is specifically identified with a particular final cost objective. Is not & P4 d/ U2 e( J& J2 ?necessarily limited to items that are incorporated into the end product as labor or ) z6 a8 X+ i: m* n$ r" X; K# H% H m( Umaterial. ) W1 W# x! h( FDirect Labor Labor specifically identified with a particular final cost objective. Manufacturing , D7 }; b" F- |# E+ g! _! k" Sdirect labor includes fabrication, assembly, inspection and test for constructing: z1 y% N, g6 W3 |- m2 S1 k) u the end product. Engineering direct labor consists of engineering labor such as : `# r8 H- f! J% z treliability, quality assurance, test, design, etc., that is readily identified with the 6 e; ] T( {/ H; D) F Z$ O- H5 [end product. 8 a8 W9 X/ k5 T% ]8 H5 pDirected Energy 9 S+ E( x4 Q4 e' @& o(DE) 1 z% t$ W9 K' ?( n9 }1. Energy in the form of atomic particles, pellets, or focused electromagnetic # _# ]3 V2 z+ sbeams that can be sent long distances at, or nearly at, the speed of. z6 F' C5 d0 m) S4 y4 \" U light.0 F; }& U0 d( c2 e# O% ~ 2. An umbrella term covering technologies that relate to the production of a" P; l0 W& G% ] [ beam of concentrated electromagnetic energy or atomic or subatomic particles., R' n1 D- t* n5 u, i MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D7 B& W: T% o, q. g 81 # {" T+ \' l$ F4 U ^ `3 ]! fDirected Energy $ e( U2 H3 @" CDevice # Y) I9 F% y& q0 v- z: O9 zA system using directed energy primarily for a purpose other than as a weapon.$ l' i6 z& N" ?. { Directed energy devices may produce effects that could allow the device to be 4 f* C& D1 v8 s _' r Vused as a weapon against certain threats, for example, laser rangefinders./ D5 ?( M" ^3 Z9 I Directed Energy / C. w" [# g- F# H+ ~Weapon (DEW) 7 q+ M, [" }+ RA system using directed energy primarily as a direct means to damage or destroy : Q5 v; _$ w% b. K( {0 Q! @enemy equipment, facilities, and personnel. 6 E# P9 c# V" J" rDIRLAUTH Direct Liaison Authorized. / l: e2 [" M* p6 r; \! NDIRNSA Director, National Security Agency. ) F; R8 x1 m @) R3 w2 ~DIS (1) Distributed Interactive Simulation. (2) Defense Investigative Service.+ j, g( e! J1 \: z DISA Defense Information Systems Agency, Washington, DC. (Formerly known as8 z2 Z6 W! M! }; U Defense Communications Agency).7 @, F( |& O! M/ z, H7 { DISCO Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office , P) H0 @1 y9 r( t8 O7 hDISCOM Division Support Command (US Army term). * n( @& _0 O0 c$ J: b/ pDiscretionary : t' Y* L/ B t# J1 s9 o9 [8 ~Judgment $ l }: X7 D% c7 }The authority given USCINCSPACE or his duly authorized representative to3 P, o0 L; H/ F' C perform actions not covered by the ROE.

使用道具 举报

38#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:04:40 |只看该作者
DISCRIM Discrimination2 o' s9 K4 V7 j1 X; {7 [ DISN Defense Information System Network (DISA term). , v7 k; M; F7 U; E# pDISSP Defense-wide Information Systems Security Program.$ F* h/ p1 w6 T DISUM Daily Intelligence Summary (JFACC term). R" C$ ~% b" }$ V+ y6 T5 H DITDS Defense Intelligence Threat Data System.& x2 w5 v# I: B, a DITP Discriminating Interceptor Technology Program. The objective of DITP is the . _: {3 M* Z9 \7 e \development of advanced interceptor seekers to counter advanced threats.. z4 |# H2 o" ~# L DITP will integrate passive and active sensors into an interceptor seeker that 0 l% B [6 }9 B' p5 ~) f4 J. xintegrates data fusion processors, multicolor infrared sensors, and LADAR. DTP + e: o4 [" _, T* b$ Gflight demonstrations will involve the tracking and interceptor on-board 2 B" | T1 T! e' s# Gdiscrimination of targets of opportunity while providing fusion processor data: O% |' i" f+ g A telemetry. (See also ASTP).- D! h! `/ A0 ]' I& y DIVARTY Division Artillery (US Army term).$ x) ?/ A9 e- V6 N4 A* w) T DIW Defensive Information Warfare. Q4 m5 x) U: g+ _; _. A! o' f DLA Defense Logistics Agency, Alexandria, VA. J7 U5 a1 y) t2 E" G2 I DLSC Defense Logistics Services Center (Battle Creek, MI). 2 ] N% f$ @. Z: V- C1 uDM Data Management 5 m( m1 S; Z2 T( X1 i6 z- IDMA Defense Mapping Agency, Fairfax, VA. 9 b& A5 F# L: F! s( A1 kDME Distributed Management Environment. & U0 x, p% Q4 D3 F1 }* lDMI Dual-Mode Interceptor. 2 O, x, `% Y9 G+ YMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D9 T" M _! r# w; [9 q# Q( I; A 82: I6 `, ` ?. Z& ^( ] DMRD Defense Management Review Decision.- H2 P* z9 C1 r8 f0 N5 n8 j/ ?! { DMS (1) Defense Message System.9 _4 I- N% S3 i |7 \8 `/ v (2) Dissimilar Mission Simulator. b6 ~5 w5 g3 G# U0 q# z: \) @ DMSO Defense Modeling and Simulation Office (OSD)., _0 } Y- G7 f2 h DMSP Defense Meteorological Satellite Program.1 l) v! g9 ?. r( ^) G, T DMU Disk Memory Unit. * Z P8 c- L8 D6 S9 W |+ a+ CDNA Defense Nuclear Agency, Alexandria, VA.3 `: K" D& i T: _( U: u DNMS Distributed Network Management System. * N4 {9 S, a2 m" \DNSIX DoDIIS Network Security Information Exchange1 U& W9 x8 z7 o- t- b6 r DNSO Defense Network Systems Organization. ( U7 p0 l( G9 g7 F, VDO The lowest rating under the DPAS. All “DO” orders take preference over unrated ) b: V5 O' ~4 Porders to meet a required delivery date.7 l& v& U. C% F0 w; `" L Doc Document ' p2 y2 e; i7 ?; @DOCPREP Documentation Preparation.! _/ C0 `3 O7 f! l Doctrine Fundamental principles by which the military forces or elements thereof guide- V4 Z1 E8 r' e" ?$ C- |$ p- a! j their actions in support of national objectives. It is authoritative but requires1 _3 \$ o- D8 p2 M/ |! K6 A. x judgment in the application. See also Combined Doctrine.. l1 @. U9 u" T( E- u DoD Department of Defense 7 G' R# [7 ?$ ]1 B sDoD Component # Z. u$ }+ z6 y& m, P. nAcquisition + r4 o$ q8 H c% I3 aExecutive" m( y$ N" a8 P% a+ A A single official within a DoD Component who is responsible for all acquisition7 |! g/ O9 V: p functions within that Component. This includes Service Acquisition Executives , s% G* q. x& ~8 Wfor the Military Departments and Acquisition Executives in other DoD A# {# d; F5 R8 Z, _% z6 v/ c4 YComponents who have acquisition management responsibilities. e- a* d9 R! j% ZDoD Components The Office of the Secretary of Defense; the Military Departments; the Chairman,, t2 f% F" {- @3 @4 D- j Joint Chiefs of Staff and Joint Staff; the Unified and Specified Commands; the 3 g6 m# T: d2 fDefense Agencies; and DoD Field Activities. + a$ v# u- _. l2 J% A, UDoDD DoD Directive. 6 Z: h! I7 E+ }: j4 x4 ^DoD Directive 1 H( L. ]3 E: R! q1 b% E& M3 h% }9 t5000.1: N9 e. w p' i “Defense Acquisition.” The principal DoD directive on acquisition. It establishes - D3 ?' G/ r2 O- l0 d8 Ypolicies, practices and procedures of governing the acquisition of defense ; l: y% d7 J+ Vacquisition programs. % N; ~) w- G9 ~: S% JDoDI DoD Instruction.# K6 ^5 ]; I* t! o, v1 P' i: i8 o DoD Instruction2 m* Z ^' B" a# G% c4 Q$ c' ?: C1 W 5000.2- d" B! o V X4 P9 r( y “Defense Acquisition Management Policies and Procedures.” Implements DODD0 K- n$ {( H- {1 z& a4 v% k 5000.1. ( F' R- z7 P. F( e) `" J0 ?DoDIIS DoD Intelligence Information System.3 q6 k4 c# \- _7 [7 ^ DoDISS DoD Index of Specifications and Standards.; z% R( ]( r2 D3 _: O DoD-M DoD Manual. " M) {/ F ~+ TMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D ) o6 H3 g( P- C3 ~8 c' S0 F83* w. `: i t; j' v DoDR Department of Defense Regulation.) P) E; ]6 }. l) A: |1 |3 Q7 x" J DOD-STD Department of Defense Standard. 0 Y. v9 u2 @& s) y. l+ bDoE Department of Energy.2 r, d/ x! g& s* N% C+ O DOF Degrees of Freedom.# c) }7 g6 t+ ~1 B* P$ J Dog House Large Soviet A-frame radar used as a component of the Moscow ABM system : g0 I9 f( W2 Lhaving a detection range of approximately 3000 km. It is believed to provide - F) `9 q7 D9 U7 K( v' t9 M6 zbattle management for the totality of Moscow defenses.# Z" P5 I- W( X: D' e DOP (1) Degree of Protection. (2) Depot Overhaul Point (ILS term). 9 W8 [. t* d R( G" ]' e9 e: ^. I7 ]DOPAA Description of Proposed Actions and Alternative (environmental term). 8 { @. n) R0 D( }Doppler Effect The phenomenon evidenced by the change in the observed frequency of a 8 }4 s7 g+ H) \9 O$ vsound or radio wave caused by a time rate of change in the effective length of / i5 Z2 a5 O% m% R3 l9 e% t6 f8 ?9 _the path of travel between the source and the point of observation.; r, a: S$ r* E: M DoS Department of State (US). $ `' \4 b0 [/ S6 P: ADOS Disk Operating System (TelComm/Computer term).: R9 a$ g0 H4 d) Q0 h% U1 F DoT Department of Transportation [US].2 |8 Z9 Y$ {5 L* l5 | a$ b DOT Designated Optical Tracker. & t; j; b* Y+ j: ?+ DDOT&E Director, Operational Test & Evaluation." ]& H0 P. @, _- W3 G7 C DOTH Defense of the Homeland. 5 B1 _' h) C- s; oDown Select To reduce the number of contractors working on a program by eliminating one or9 c: w" N2 |; M0 \" o4 D more for the next phase. , _/ j* `8 A5 Z7 RDP (1) Data Processor. (2) Decision Point. (3) Deployment Planning. l# G8 H8 O3 S5 A DPA Defense Production Act. }) c, A( a! v" ^! H DPA&E Director, Program Analysis and Evaluation.% M" J: L ]8 i4 m f2 v DPAS Defense Priority and Allocation System. ; p5 \( Y0 |' ~4 k* Z. ~/ fDPAT Dynamic Program Analysis Tool./ k! p( U- C4 _5 L3 \. d- ~: n) N& V DPB Defense Policy Board.* ^: ]$ U `0 Z2 K: J& P DPG Defense Planning Guidance. $ W% Z: x: u8 c9 ~+ p$ KDPM Deputy Program Manager.+ Y6 Z8 w1 S: n* F, H( z DPML Deputy Program Manager for Logistics : v# c; t& Q& {. g9 c- f4 d. FDPP Distributed and Parallel Processing (Computer term).7 F# z0 E* G0 p2 w( L0 f3 c DPR Defense Performance Review. ! i# ?$ K' ~, `- D+ B! k! RMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D , n" G/ B( X3 d; [" b" n4 J84 + b, B5 M# V: _DPRB See Defense Planning and Resources Board.3 G) p! z3 j% J, \! B3 t DPRK Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea). , T) z' U) y) s8 c1 E0 g6 PDPRO Defense Plant Representatives Office.. O. d% t7 ?' |2 h: _# x DPSSL Diode-Pumped Solid State Laser.# {. ?, L2 w2 g5 L( n# D DR Deployment Review.% F" Q; e8 o( `4 ?" V DRAM Dynamic Random Access Memory. # w' B+ n2 W; d3 F- MDraw-down Curve A method used to encapsulate the overall performance of a BMD system that1 K7 \3 J& F% m& Q4 s- ~* f plots the probability of survival on the vertical axis versus the number of attacking 2 q$ p, B0 ~* r2 sRVs on the horizontal axis. Used in conjunction with attack price, they are the ( Z1 x! x3 [! Y! cmost important expressions of a BMD capability. 0 h1 T" }$ p3 \/ Y- L2 EDRB Defense Resources Board. " X- Q5 h# s! m7 J9 G; C) e: JDREN Defense Research and Engineering Network.9 _) ^3 {& V# E9 q9 f: ]+ Y3 P3 M DRFP Draft Request for Proposal. {. Q: R: V% ]- J; NDrift In ballistics, a shift in projectile direction due to gyroscopic action that results from+ g- o8 V$ }- |6 o& m$ A gravitational and atmospherically induced torques on the spinning projectile. ) V. b3 P& G' J2 B" ~DRM DAB Readiness Meeting (DD 5000.2 term). ( \ d+ G) @# @ ?5 W* _Drone A land, sea, or air vehicle that is remotely or automatically controlled. See also- g7 s0 m! P4 S# b8 \! ]3 @1 z Remotely Piloted Vehicle.4 ]- j3 S" c' c8 q% l, e& p1 Q DRP (1) Deployment Readiness Plan (US Army term).) x# U( `* e3 f) Z5 [% v) ] (2) Deployment Readiness Program. ! z! z1 n/ y; h6 y) z, ZDRR Digital Receiver Replacement (USN term).( Z- Z! Z$ n) k6 y DS Deep Space. ( D/ e. U/ e/ Q. F9 X/ tDS-1 Category of telecommunications circuit capability. ) A& s" _/ J- `1 _! @8 v" ODS-3 LAN Category of telecommunications circuit for a Local Area Network.9 \: [. s0 S$ o1 { DSAA Defense Security Assistance Agency (OSD). ' h) }0 v; y& v/ y+ v- S1 Q( r) GDSAT Defense Satellite Weapon.# [( b+ c( P7 }# Q5 \8 v* X4 @ DSB Defense Science Board.! j9 P4 H7 H# s) I DSCS Defense Satellite Communications Systems. ' {* p0 y& V+ `/ M( zDSCS-3 Defense Satellite Communications System Three. ) t4 \0 w. @ ADSCSOC Defense Satellite Communications System Ops Center.# I5 B( ], l) T" }( ^' k, G DSI Defense Simulation Internet7 ^/ W! U4 ]6 s MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D ; ?+ ]4 r( \8 g* i0 m9 j I85; t' P, }- R$ h' S DSIS (1) Defense Special Intelligence System. (2) Defense Simulation Internet' B6 d# h; W& B O0 k# s0 d System.; y0 \6 A7 \6 ~ DSM Decision Support Matrix . @$ m" ?( E6 ^- Z- DDSMAC Digital Scene-Matching Area Correlation.4 a( K- x9 D) g DSMC Defense Systems Management College., q& D6 ?0 W: |0 p DSN (1) Defense Switched Network (formerly AUTOVON).4 I1 m" z3 s- K; A- R2 d+ C' `1 N (2) Deep Space Network (NASA term). ?. d/ J" h3 C* f, JDSP (1) Defense Support Program. (2) Defense Standardization Program.5 \4 S2 F w" q1 a6 W DSPRTM Defense Support Program Real-Time Model. 0 d9 B/ q! O5 \/ h: C0 \7 N" TDSR Data Set Ready (TelComm/Computer term). ) A8 \( R; c8 _1 h) d9 |DSRCE Down Scooped Radio Control Equipment (TelComms term). 2 M: G0 F# M3 C r* V% A2 }DSS (1) Defense Supply Service. (2) Digital Signature Standard. ) d8 a6 a5 K0 Z5 n$ fDST Defense Suppression Threat.# L9 n% [# z" [( E8 j DSTAR Defense Strategic and Tactical Array Reproducibility.$ H" X( k! u, _4 ~* x3 a: a9 N DSTO Defence Science Technology Organization (Australia).1 @ B6 N5 s' I5 O5 l2 _5 t: a- \ DSU Digital Service Unit (Telecomm/Computer term). . f' ~* U5 H2 r) i9 t9 x& X4 i2 DDSWA Defense Special Weapons Agency, Alexandria, VA. DSWA is the successor to6 _, a; k4 t# a8 @ the DNA.) i! a, O7 k9 Y# I- P DT (1) Discrimination Technique. ! R1 T$ n3 n5 j6 j" F(2) Development Testing. ! l8 K! f6 p9 m* s(3) See Development Test I, II, III., j9 R6 s6 m' X E1 {' w3 _ (4) Down Time (ILS term)., E1 E4 @) w/ p7 T (5) Depressed Trajectory.$ l! p$ j$ U( W& B8 D+ E1 z; s* C5 t (6) Dedicated Target.# M. Z6 @- D7 C4 B- E" N% a DT&E Development Test and Evaluation.9 W+ [, d5 G4 Z$ G# a5 o DT/OA Development Test/Operational Assessment. 9 i2 Z; o/ v# Z L2 |DT/OT Developmental Test/Operational Test.' i+ ?: v1 ^" E @ DTAP Defense Technology Area Plan. 2 ]8 \/ b( @+ ZDTC Design-to-Cost.: Y s( m, P6 X" c, K& i0 J% A8 M; y DTD Digital Transfer Device (TelComm/Computer term). * p) c$ E2 k' g( H; n1 x9 [DTE Data Terminal Equipment (TelComm/Computer term).8 b- Q y2 O4 @1 f8 Q5 [- k DTED Digital Terrain Elevation Data. W' y. j; { l: ~8 g1 eDTIC Defense Technical Information Center, Alexandria, VA., s! K. a: H, F; z; {$ C MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 D l" C0 V. f1 K: i. @86: i/ i2 P- `; v; H" I2 U DTIS Defense Technical Information Services (now DEIS). }/ i/ V% b) b' I/ ^8 Z& ] DTLCC Design to Life-Cycle Cost.+ g1 D# A0 L, x6 k- ~+ s DTLOMS Doctrine, Training, Leadership, Organization, Material, and Soldiers (USA BCBL( o; s# {3 _5 }+ X+ J) n; f; T term). + w) j) J1 a% E9 f; kDTLS Descriptive Top-Level Specification. ! d, M5 l9 t, p9 Y: iDTMF Data Tone Multiple Frequency (TelComm/Computer term). 3 l0 }/ R* r1 D' s! bDTO Defense Technology Objectives. ( L1 H& r$ a/ L; J; }DTOC Division Tactical Operations Center." w" r* a9 y( c ^9 Q6 m @+ Z7 t DTR (1) Demonstration Test Round. (2) Development Test Round.( R, Z8 N* a: \ DTRM Dual Thrust Rocket Motor.( a: p) c7 \. A6 L8 I" r0 Q DTSA Defense Technology Security Administration. : H7 V3 E9 m8 L7 K# T/ _! gDTSE&E Director, Test Systems Engineering and Evaluation.+ q2 K* M3 v9 s9 X4 e" E DTST Defensive Technologies Study Team.# L ?0 y4 B/ X, A DTT Design-To Threat ) a6 x* F; D( S# I ~DTWT Dual Traveling Wave Tube (Electronics Engineering term). $ m( d* K/ l9 CDU Depleted Uranium.0 r/ r+ ^, v" o9 {; ]& F2 A; [ DUA Design Upgrade Assessment.5 l) a x/ [" j, t' e# k Dual Source Two contractors producing the same components or end items for the same6 k" y3 _! T" U$ u$ C+ D) C. E" l( z program.0 M+ {) |: B9 z DUNDEE Down Under Early Warning Experiment (MDA/DSTO term).( l2 d$ h0 u" O L" D- b DURIP Defense University Research Instrumentation Program. 2 [/ I! l+ F+ c0 S% e' |" K0 QDUSD Deputy Under Secretary of Defense. & K2 P! g" w8 P7 d3 PDUSD (ES) Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Environmental Security). 6 W- Y3 O, h/ {6 O% `" dDVAL Demonstration Validation.2 v8 ^5 V' q5 W0 X DX The highest rating under the DPAS. It takes preference over all other rated and ; y/ ? A: s: Lnot rated orders on a contractor’s production line. The BMD program carries a 5 P v6 w5 t0 A8 U: M( `+ }“DX” rating.. U1 _& t7 e1 i MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E

使用道具 举报

39#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:04:59 |只看该作者
876 R$ z8 k. U% C" b E East( @1 d3 v/ b$ h# f# a8 P3 _. p E2 I See Endo-Exoatmospheric Interceptor. - R3 j% A% B" }+ jE2SRD Effectively Two-System Requirement Document.* D; i. _) c) G8 e/ d E3 (1) Electromagnetic Environmental Effects. " ]8 b& n: |& ]$ j' C4 o9 R! G(2) Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical.' @/ H( T( Y3 r4 L E Spec Materiel Specification.5 s: b q, P, S4 F7 J$ R$ ? EA (1) Environmental Assessment." z$ l8 H! ?* d% l (2) Engagement Authorization.: x1 C* P5 N! P7 y% h! b, l0 D (3) Executing Agent./ H, |0 |- s% Z# p: Z" O1 v (4) Evolutionary Acquisition. 3 D0 \0 _! b" e" {4 }' O. i(5) Environmental Analysis (environmental term). # G6 f7 s+ X7 F(6) Executive Agent.; ]4 T2 r. S4 ~3 C- K: O/ e EAC Estimated Cost at Completion. 5 I' F" u2 }- i3 X6 z/ L$ lEAD (1) Engineering Analysis and Design. (2) Extended air defense. + {1 i5 z0 z+ p- b; t+ G4 OEAD/D Engineering, Analysis, Design and Development.( W- ^& l6 ?, \ EADSIM Extended Air Defense Simulation. $ }% ]# Y8 P- d) t( O( jEADTB Extended Air Defense Test Bed. An object-oriented simulation tool allowing 2 U, V5 q9 P0 nusers to model military response to airborne and ballistic missile threats./ p8 t; g. ~' P; q6 W& a EADTBP Extended Air Defense Test Bed Program.1 k8 p W9 ~( a, p/ j, C EAGLE Extended Airborne Global Launch Evaluator.$ D% a! J8 |5 Y* H: t+ E EAM Emergency Action Message. / _ O( e4 D5 L8 `+ l- y! vEAR Export Administration Regulations.* i1 _/ b5 ], ~( W* P* U" W Early Operational6 m! G% ?0 O( A! o Z2 A* t/ J Assessment , V+ n2 q6 \3 }9 D( ~An operational assessment conducted prior to, or in support of, Milestone II. $ d, F, R1 u2 @% e& B" j) `Early User Test9 w* s# y7 |7 W5 g* {( O& x (EUT)+ w. Y) |. v6 b) e- S3 Y0 l A test employing representative users to examine materiel concepts, training or ! `# s7 U7 w6 K, Q8 E8 n* N" o- ?0 G% P% ?logistics planning, or inter-operability issues. EUT can be accomplished during # {& ?8 M; f3 ]$ r3 ?+ X) ~DEM/VAL on brassboard configurations, experimental prototypes, or surrogates) ]) }+ X, ^: j. n* T6 n/ U, O: | to provide data leading to the decision to enter full-scale development.# x. f* ?- f q5 m Early Warning (1) Early detection of an enemy ballistic missile launch, usually by means of0 W6 U5 C5 v \. I surveillance satellites and long range radar. p- G9 w/ i; s0 l. B (2) Early notification of the launch or approach of unknown weapons or 3 C: o( L" [ t0 B0 Qweapon carriers. , ]3 i9 W! ~* ?+ T6 bEarth Limb The apparent outer edge of the earth as viewed from space. : Z+ f8 L9 P# G9 P& O9 I. {6 ^Eastern Test, y9 B! g; K4 l3 l- q Range (ETR) , T6 ^' |/ X' X6 B' c* g0 S! [) cBeginning at Patrick AFB, FL, this range stretches halfway around the globe ' }' y2 B: K8 U1 P2 E7 W: Ewhere it meets the Western Test Range. An array of launch complexes, sensors,9 l* X7 v( e7 e1 E0 a and tracking sites make up the Eastern Test Range. The ETR is now operated - } j$ s. K, d5 |, }6 hby AFSPACECOM as shown in WTR definition.# P, ^0 ]1 u ^" W7 n MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E) f+ h' M: I8 {) I m 880 G: U1 j+ l( Y1 T+ U6 @. Z EB (1) Electron Beam. (2) Enhanced Blast.% L% E8 [7 G Q5 l0 G! y0 C9 x EBB Electronic Bulletin Board.6 f4 i# i: D9 u: U EBCDIC Extended Binary Code Decimal Interchange Code. e ~- L3 p( f- hEBW Electron Beam Welding. 9 H4 H' R4 u, v5 MEC (1) Electronic Combat.; f0 Y5 v$ k' v" @$ M3 e4 ]) w (2) Error Control.. ?9 [3 Y2 D8 e7 a: Y (3) OBSOLETE. European Community. Now known as the European Union |; L6 G' d& M(EU).0 V+ o5 s% o$ ? EC/EDI Electronic Commerce/Electronic Data Interchange9 q3 a |! W& |, [, c' B ECAC Electromagnetic Compatibility Analysis Center. 7 h, Q! V8 r0 S' K: k/ J; XECB Engineering Change Board. 4 O% t( D* O6 V5 k# Q2 ?! K% iECC (1) Equipment Control Center. (2) Element Control Center (USAF term). , b: K' `* d+ N+ k. cECCM Electronic Counter-Countermeasures. . B- _! \3 @, VECDs Element Control Directives.0 N0 ] _9 L! j# L, n' i% T ECLS ERINT Command and Launch System. , ~9 R3 L) F* fECM Electronic Countermeasures.) t* t2 H# T0 q. z$ E) S ECN Engineering Change Notice.# b5 K6 j% p% S) ^( b- B ECO Engagement Control Orders. / [* L S/ V7 P/ TECP (1) Engineering Change Proposal. (2) Emergency Command Precedence. 3 t, H# a" }8 ]+ D. a5 E- xECPMO Electronic Commerce Program Management Office.5 C$ ~' B# j0 o7 ? ECS Engagement Control Station (PATRIOT).% H! a8 f( ?. m7 p, s$ Z& d ECU Environmental Control Unit., R9 p/ c# }, E( E* s/ s6 _ EDAC Error Detection and Correction1 Q2 [$ G" b' g, v4 U EDGES Electronic Data/Guidelines for Element Survivability. 9 f5 E2 g- @! @8 BEDL Electrical Discharge Laser, s5 V$ U/ g" I( P. I EDM Engineering Development Model. 6 c# y' Y. ^$ L( P! ]. NEDP Engineering Development Process$ ?4 m7 C6 t& E9 v* h* G EDR Embedded Data Recorder (PATRIOT).* A- [2 r* q) H( T8 V$ j3 _ EDS Electronic Data Systems Corporation ' g" X. O6 C2 c2 P% k$ w1 c' KEDWA Engagement Determination and Weapons Assignment (PATRIOT). $ t( G( v. m# s7 V# c, wMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E4 y9 @2 W. ], d9 `- d 89 0 j/ o, L- S' P7 n7 L( g9 L4 N; TEDX Exoatmospheric Discrimination Experiment6 e0 y' f. ]: ~# e EE (1) Electrical Engineering. (2) Engineering Estimate.% G8 N% q/ D! K% \- o( c3 V5 [" D EED Electro-Explosive Device. ' e; \* n, q; h* m0 T KEEEV End-to-End Experimental Version.' D$ R' A0 H) |1 t6 @8 x EEFI Essential Elements of Friendly Information.3 _; N$ n6 b' W5 _9 X* X EEI Essential Elements of Information. # `( M, \' G: [! ~: u4 rEEIC Element of Expense Investment Code. 0 h% E3 c8 G- I8 k' QEELV Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (USAF term)4 I! |# j0 V7 E" E, \ EEU Electronic Equipment Unit.0 n8 [1 F a* d, b' J0 M* j9 F. [ EFEX Endo-Aeromechanics Flight Experiment. : u5 R6 X5 l, m; {7 U5 d R' @. NEFF Electronic Frontier Foundation., X. H9 [; ~( M! t8 D Effectivity A designation given to the BMDS configuration and demonstrated capability at / J, w: D/ P" I8 {; v; oa point in time, becoming effective at each increment when an element or; `6 K9 Q8 u4 ?1 B/ ?$ N component is inserted into a particular Block.: F! P& @! h0 ]* s, T3 h* | Effective Damage That damage necessary to render a target element inoperative, unserviceable, 5 |4 G2 Q1 W$ J% |" qnonproductive, or uninhabitable.4 ^5 p# p- Z7 h* v5 g9 v( Q; k Effluent Plume The pathway of movement of effluents through surface water or air. & D7 Z0 V) w. X- O8 F! {1 PEFP Explosively Formed Projectile. 6 ^' ?" @. X: KEGP End Game Processor. : j3 b) ^8 T" E! a* PEGTR Eglin [AFB] Gulf Test Range. 9 g' }# Q- J8 I0 L0 n* Q5 cEHC Enhance Hit Capability (USN term, related to SM2 Block IVA). ) [: U N m7 S: M- v4 b# @+ h- WEHF Extremely High Frequency.9 X1 X4 L8 }8 d ehp Equivalent Horsepower. 3 F9 u9 \4 I$ f' b' eEIA (1) Environmental Impact Assessment. 3 j% k' \! k4 s5 U% U(2) Electronic Industries Association. # t4 u# {) ~5 o! V3 L; N( ^0 vEIAP Environmental Impact Analysis Process.* x; [2 n' o; l, u+ C; W8 L. s# O EIP Exoatmospheric Interceptor Propulsion.0 G f& V( s K. {9 G EIPC Electronic Information Privacy Center.6 c. H, S. w4 \8 b4 C) K EIPT (1) Element IPT. (2) Engineering IPT./ I9 H8 }0 x' D* v% Q: w$ E+ D EIS (1) Environmental Impact Statement. (2) Explosive Initiation System.: O1 n" ? s9 L# U: o0 A; y7 [ EISA Extended Industry Standard Architecture (Telecomm/Computer term).+ U, u" O. }$ M- w/ \& y2 K T0 X$ y MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E( s+ a4 @- ]8 @( N" k 90 " D& t& J, _2 q9 |7 IEKV (1) Electromagnetic Kill Vehicle. (2) Exoatmospheric Kill Vehicle./ H; C" S7 a ?+ D' V- t Elastic Range The stress range in which a material will recover its original form when the force" ^# \5 W: ~( ]* f3 o; I2 T, [ (or loading) is removed. Elastic deformation refers to dimensional changes: W1 s& |" A3 d* S x- W9 I9 W c2 W occurring within the elastic range.) j: i# @0 `2 t8 k* ^" v Electro-Optics5 V$ l& N5 z1 ]2 |& | Infrared (EO/IR) 4 w: g* o* Q& M. ^* STechnologies/techniques employed by optical sensors in the wavelength& E0 b; p0 H; x9 Z spectrum slightly longer than visible but shorter than radio. 6 [. |' n4 k; A5 E5 cElectromagnetic # ~# o. ^) s/ U# g$ Q* v3 _Compatibility) S- Z! L; M1 ^7 K& M% L7 x& V: ~ (EMC) 4 n# }+ E& ]7 D/ cA condition when all electromagnetic emissions from electronic, electro-magnetic, 3 h) f$ e7 Z' c1 Wand electro-optical components of a system interact without interfering with one6 R; T5 k5 V" N/ Z o( Q another.& u$ O/ x! D6 T2 O3 j T! n Electromagnetic* }, `5 E* n) }8 D+ d& w; J Emanations j/ X# v6 r! j& |# c) f2 n Signals transmitted as radiation through the air, through a vacuum, or through, O: [ I* b1 \8 r8 G( J conductors.- n3 }+ ^5 G& w8 C* c Electromagnetic * n0 c9 c) d; @; H; o$ g" _" }Field (EMF) + Y/ Q- V: S% W0 X# wAn electric or magnetic field or combination of the two, as in an electromagnetic s% l8 O, L2 A$ C" pwave. Created by electric charges in motion, having both electric and magnetic ; L8 A' j/ c$ ]: C6 \% S: h6 |: Fcomponents oriented at right angles to one another and containing a definite 3 l1 I- V& Z3 [/ c" B% v! p9 Gamount of energy. 0 r# v3 J0 u! c: w; S* vElectromagnetic" n8 j+ W- x$ q e4 l1 p. s( z* w Gun (EMG): e. u" S2 [0 O N1 @0 y* U' _ A gun in which the projectile is accelerated by electromagnetic forces rather than % @/ K( v4 S: Bby an explosion, as in a conventional gun. 3 K# ^9 D6 T$ i0 s( l5 HElectromagnetic- q5 X: i, a1 B( I8 N5 l Interference (EMI)1 [1 |/ I. s! c2 }8 n3 a Any electromagnetic disturbance that interrupts, obstructs, or otherwise8 [7 v9 X* G0 x# Q7 R degrades or limits the effective performance of electronics/electrical equipment. : q: R- i' [, p) S7 @ J# n% p( gIt can be induced intentionally, as in some forms of electronic warfare, or0 ~- _4 {4 o% C! N8 R9 [ unintentionally, as a result of spurious emissions and responses, intermodulation products, and the like.9 b1 k; q4 ^* H ?2 ~( n. n Electromagnetic+ j" a( {) I3 h6 I6 W Pulse (EMP)3 N" b4 Z5 f( s, n The electromagnetic radiation from a nuclear explosion caused by Comptonrecoil electrons and photoelectrons from photons scattered in the materials of, i: b9 S1 S& O7 ? the nuclear device or in a surrounding medium. The resulting electric and {. @) m8 [6 G# v7 A2 h" M. N magnetic fields may couple with electrical/electronic systems to produce& f' y4 S+ U H. U7 x- o damaging current and voltage surges. May also be caused by non-nuclear. N* X, `+ n# @* }2 z* v' Q9 \ means.

使用道具 举报

40#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:05:12 |只看该作者
Electromagnetic $ ?7 ]# m4 [5 _1 xRadiation (EMR) 4 t! G% ^* I' W, {9 b(1) A form of propagated energy, arising from electric charges in motion that& o# m( s8 ^6 W$ ~; z# e# m4 V produces a simultaneous wavelike variation of electric and magnetic 6 I" g7 X; A/ f8 Afields in space. The highest frequencies (or shortest wavelengths) of. `/ j9 n8 \* z, ~/ K such radiation are possessed by gamma rays, which originate from1 U0 Q! h! Z8 I9 t processes within atomic nuclei. As one goes to lower frequencies, the2 N3 d' C- Q I electromagnetic spectrum includes x-rays, ultraviolet light, visible light,. } u4 X, L/ C2 E- Q& [' ?& C8 V infrared light, microwaves, and radio waves.+ B( j5 S; g+ k% q (2) Radiation made up of oscillating electric and magnetic fields and 5 {( h, Y7 l- h; rpropagated with the speed of light. Includes gamma radiation, X-rays, O4 b, g. X( w: \3 |9 a8 _$ R# L2 \ultraviolet, visible, and infrared radiation, and radar and radio waves. 1 `0 C% X3 T K3 E5 e2 IElectromagnetics Application of electrical, electronic, and magnetic phenomena to develop devices ' y/ s# v; I0 E: @: r7 _used in system/subsystem design, excluding employment in the RF spectrum. ; f$ q5 n) F4 ?% @$ f3 n: {2 H9 TElectromagnetic5 d _3 f! y8 V# z7 b! c x) E2 I Spectrum ) {. M; h: A+ i* m/ BThe range of frequencies of electromagnetic radiation from zero to infinity. It is " C. _$ D& ~; R2 Z2 t& s, odivided into 26 alphabetically designated bands. + A. N: a. X) p) ~MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E# e( S- q/ I$ o( d6 Q9 D; g0 S! t7 J 91 ) i% l2 Y% R1 D/ O% {5 r( I. NElectronic% P7 h. l) q+ L) V5 J Counter-3 G2 @: C1 A" z# @ Countermeasure0 x: g# q% Z. M, M* K+ A7 }9 G s (ECCM): F6 S' b* K$ c# P That division of electronic warfare involving actions taken to insure friendly * t8 K, P. n* Aeffective use of the electromagnetic, optical, and acoustic spectra despite the ! ]* O4 R- k* M! H" N: yenemy’s use of electronic warfare to include high power microwave techniques. ' t) P) V; E( e1 S4 o( [) XElectronic/ T: e7 U; U7 l4 H5 u Countermeasure 2 g0 k. ]+ H! ?- G$ B, v V( O3 s(ECM) & M8 |7 t8 H" U. d i* D8 {That division of electronic warfare involving actions taken to prevent or reduce an2 n2 a) c, A) l4 ?/ v enemy’s effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum. 8 ^3 |6 i( Y# T7 eElectronic) g1 {( \" Z& h5 Q w0 J8 @ Industries 4 l% f8 O4 ~0 z% {Association (EIA) ( u$ F3 U& f, t2 y7 B% l& JA standards organization specializing in the electrical and functional 6 Y r6 W% y4 H( rcharacteristics of interface equipment./ G0 X$ I, s. c7 [' s9 O Electronic9 _: A3 k c, e8 R7 A/ J Warfare (EW) 2 ^: m2 S" ~, |* g2 g+ y' `Any military activity involving the use of electromagnetic and directed energy to " @$ U. ?7 L, E# R3 [control the electromagnetic spectrum or to attack the enemy. The three major& M# K2 n, w p# y subdivisions are: 1 c, m1 ?( [- V9 M•Electronic attack – Involves the use of electromagnetic or directed energy to 9 U D+ |: u Hattack personnel, facilities, or equipment with the intent of degrading, 8 r/ M: \1 ~; K6 Oneutralizing, or destroying enemy combat capability. Also known as EA. + A8 O: O! f" f$ [1 d) e# RIncludes: 1) actions taken to prevent or reduce an enemy’s effective use of 1 S' {' n1 x. N2 m' K# zthe electromagnetic spectrum, such as jamming and electromagnetic7 K7 u- ]% m" x" {6 ]- l8 ? deception, and 2) employment of weapons that use either electromagnetic or2 i, u: j8 g2 h( v; x1 N$ _ directed energy as their primary destructive mechanism (lasers, radio6 B* ~% S3 w, A. q5 r7 h frequency weapons, particle beams).' y- Q4 }3 X! c" |, ^ •Electronic protection -- Involves actions taken to protect personnel, facilities,/ [4 _: n8 Q2 A# m and equipment from any effects of friendly or enemy employment of/ R; l c# V' D electronic warfare that degrade, neutralize, or destroy friendly combat0 r' r3 q/ E* u& c: x( x; O capability. Also called EP. ; k5 y# [5 `+ m3 a•Electronic warfare support – Involves actions tasked by, or under direct x1 G6 l/ B6 C8 I/ s) o& g control of, an operational commander to search for, intercept, identify, and : R, V( I% C8 ^: v, w# ?0 clocate sources of intentional and unintentional radiated electromagnetic ( m' s4 C6 }0 R9 g# Eenergy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition. Thus, electronic1 ?5 m4 ^. t' X warfare support provides information required for immediate decisions+ k f6 r% u- G* X involving electronic warfare operations and other tactical actions such as1 l! {8 }# [/ a2 p# r% [0 q" r! d threat avoidance, targeting, and homing. Also called ES., o, V3 v: s! \ Electronic; u, F3 v8 a( ~. @# x* L0 | Warfare (EW) 9 l, }$ I5 D+ b, _) H( z2 nEnvironments: p' j0 C$ Y5 T! i Electronic warfare environments result from radar and communications jamming 1 o0 n8 k Z) W u& v9 \0 w; ?and other related electromagnetic countermeasures and countercountermeasures. Currently, radar jamming is the sole EW threat for the NMD2 _4 |& b1 Y4 s system. 4 X4 |, X. v' }8 t# tElectronics' }4 I$ t+ w# f: U: Q+ @ Intelligence 4 Y; U2 W' H0 a, Q; M+ F5 {9 s(ELINT) 0 T. {- N' ^% ]; J, A" Q" ATechnical and geo-location intelligence derived from foreign non-communications 7 O' Z* c/ j# l0 m$ Xelectromagnetic radiations emanating from other than nuclear detonations or' U/ z7 I# z9 Z radioactive sources.8 E* k* l! t, w. X0 X( F% Z Electronics! L3 y. e8 K: w1 j& p2 [ Security (ELSEC) + E! k3 U9 o7 Z# q- q; bThe protection resulting from all measures designed to deny unauthorized ( i. E6 a& i' t2 Opersons information of value that might be derived from their interception and + @2 ] i$ _1 L% k! Istudy of non-communications electromagnetic radiations, e.g. radar. ! j7 Y& P! h3 ]# b! KElectro-Optics 3 W7 \4 m, H4 hInfrared (EO/IR) 8 U& C% J$ r" Z6 o- {, aTechnologies/techniques employed by optical sensors in the wavelength 5 E* }! m8 B' e# k6 ^" Uspectrum slightly longer than visible but shorter than radio. 2 b2 x: W- E0 G) g% }; z3 oMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 E) `+ U1 e2 m) ~; y3 g& F 92" p. z5 y1 B i; x5 c Element A complete, integrated set of components capable of autonomously providing6 c8 @3 r/ s# k9 T/ W U* S BMDS capability. " n: V2 L& U$ I* _3 k/ uElement . }. J# g) _( F+ P4 kCapability5 ~4 A+ r1 ~6 y: A' C) P Specification : U; N' L- p {3 o( d0 y$ x5 F(ECS) # k% o3 R8 B% C$ V) VA document that identifies the element-level BMDS capabilities and 7 `' n& g j* g; S2 i* c0 Mspecifications necessary to achieve the system capabilities identified in the SCS.9 D5 p0 q4 p8 q8 q) a The ECS further defines the SCS-apportioned mission/technical performance 9 K- r: H4 e/ c* D* rcapabilities and allocates these capabilities to the element’s components. : g! s: h5 w* J+ T$ f* l% Y9 \Element Control 1 h: k2 m p. z+ _1 f4 YDirectives (ECDs) - P- r" B) B: U, u; B O9 MThe command and control data instructions to control the conduct of the* T4 y; o4 _- ] engagement. ECDs are developed by command and control software based$ Y1 v, f- }+ [- b; M! r$ f* Y upon variable parameter input by the operators (both pre-planned and real time),/ v s3 D' ?( j# b: x and operator defined rule sets embedded in the software. The individual battle 0 Y- O% {1 \: ?management processors use these instructions to accomplish the assigned tasks3 r9 c% I2 K2 u; l4 L# Z from the operations order. ECDs are contained within a Task and represent the* I0 F9 h7 n8 q/ H5 j$ D" k0 M form of parameter values that influence the resource management processes of # N8 a' C3 ?0 R- ~% f& k, qWeapon Target Assignment (WTA), Sensor Resource Management (SRM), and7 [6 W0 i- Z% X7 `; T/ ` Communications Management (CM). There will be numerous ECDs per Task., c1 l: C, z, R# X1 _9 F Element . }; E% x" h( s" [/ X F- WOperations - P" X7 f) J" n, E5 M- P* UCenter (EOC)8 i v! T2 H' q9 f An Air Force operations center, which operates and maintains a BMD weapon or( F4 L0 }5 }+ W) G& D sensor suite. (USSPACECOM)- ]) h' @9 G$ r+ } F ELF Extremely Low Frequency.( ]4 Q$ a4 S. n/ B! J ELIAS Earth Limb Infrared Atomic Structure.8 C! T7 |/ R( S( { ELINFOSEC Electronic Information Security. 0 l* V! @* G: ^- TELINT Electronics Intelligence.

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

Archiver|航空论坛 ( 渝ICP备10008336号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 02:50 , Processed in 0.062400 second(s), 9 queries .