找回密码
 注册
搜索
楼主: 帅哥
打印 上一主题 下一主题

航空缩略语词典 [复制链接]

91#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:17:35 |只看该作者
Production ) a$ l$ h$ z6 v) @Acceptance Test 6 ^$ R" p+ ]8 E* J+ Z0 F/ @and Evaluation $ t- G- z3 c2 c, V* ZT&E of production items to demonstrate that items procured fulfill the 3 u! w; q) O! O" Q7 Hrequirements and specifications of the procuring contract or agreements. 6 F& ^0 K4 a0 M |5 K- `% ^Production and$ I; k' p! [/ [: q Deployment; [& z$ u' H2 b* U* n Normally the fourth phase in the acquisition process following Milestone III. 9 j1 u+ O* B% Q0 m9 W4 b3 xSystems are procured, items are manufactured, operational units are trained,- A- p! R! h7 b' L7 S+ p7 N8 Y and the systems are deployed.6 p9 r. ]' {) u, \) a9 I0 R2 k Production - c' x* S! a FBaseline$ U0 N0 ^1 V' O The Acquisition Program Baseline (APB) approved at Milestone III, applicable to* [' N. E# r& e* I1 V+ J the effort in Phase III, Production and Deployment.) O+ h" ~6 \% H$ ] Production1 l$ p1 t/ D6 w* O- R6 @& l! x( W Control8 s3 ^0 b6 s$ d The procedure of planning, routing, scheduling, dispatching, and expediting the* h7 h7 l; q% a flow of materials, parts, subassemblies, and assemblies within the plant from the 9 s7 P: [! ]& r, ? {8 zraw state to the finished product in an orderly and efficient manner.$ B, o3 L4 i0 F Production( Q7 `/ g$ R% @* F3 F. b. ^7 b4 C Feasibility 4 z# A" L: v) A- R0 j0 ?The likelihood that a system design concept can be produced using existing- U" O9 M3 z" B8 a production technology while simultaneously meeting quality, production rate, and* g! Q( r6 ~6 A' T& B0 ~ cost requirements. 9 H7 V( ~3 d% d6 L; GProduction 5 t% I. L6 D4 \Qualification Test 8 P% U, ^& j3 y2 E2 b& I/ h% l(PQT)" F, Y+ ?' n7 a z# d A technical test conducted post MS III to ensure the effectiveness of the" P3 @( k2 g3 w manufacturing process, equipment, and procedures. This testing also serves the! F& |1 s |! i0 J% p purpose of providing data for the independent evaluation required for materiel4 \7 b' T8 B5 h+ D0 M release so that the evaluator can address the adequacy of the materiel with . E0 s2 O9 v9 o2 ^respect to the stated requirements. These tests are conducted on a number of " {. ^& U6 L8 Y6 Z/ o( Y8 F% Usamples taken at random from the first production lot, and are repeated if the * v2 D5 {5 L, S1 {' f+ mprocess or design is changed significantly, and when a second or alternative+ ^! K% Q, d1 e; D source is brought on line. Program funding category -- Procurement. & |1 t* p' r- J0 t$ C+ N0 ~; YProduction, r* _1 l4 \: e Readiness , {# g" m U1 K. H9 r# h$ e* [9 vThe state or condition or preparedness of a system to proceed into production. / B6 V x% w4 | z$ {A system is ready for production when the producibility of the production design5 d9 _+ a+ D$ }) Z& {/ a and the managerial and physical preparations necessary for initiating and& ~) g, ^& t# o$ I/ `2 n sustaining a viable production effort have progressed to the point where a , J% b3 D; @% t% M) X5 j# Q: Kproduction commitment can be made without incurring unacceptable risks that % ~" a9 y( k: B6 J2 o- |* w1 ^6 owill breach thresholds of schedule, performance, cost, or other established 8 e1 |* h) @, n$ q( @1 e# ?' \: scriteria.) x8 [& h2 ~3 ~ W4 Y* [3 ]0 h Production $ K- V2 ]7 g( R- W2 oReadiness1 e" i* o- f+ G3 i5 m' I Review (PRR) G2 T! P% N* q- }5 v9 T# IA formal examination of a program to determine if the design is ready for ( A) A9 E) ~8 Rproduction, production-engineering problems have been resolved, and the! d; h& N8 C/ w1 q; l) F+ Y' q producer has accomplished adequate planning for the production phase.. y, B4 c7 b; K" j4 y d Performed toward the end of FSD. (Defense Systems Management College)! Z$ r0 b# s9 l1 w0 G Prograde Orbit An orbit having an inclination of between 0° and 90° with the object moving in an - A/ ?+ c# h- ^0 X Weasterly direction. (Retrograde Orbit.) 6 w& ^: E2 m5 Z! ZMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P4 ]# [# t8 r+ o* o4 H9 Z 233' U4 `3 M: A0 L Program (1) A DoD acquisition program.5 d' T* P \( O* Q1 e# Y (2) As a verb, schedule funds to meet requirements and plans.: H! t: {" Z# r/ v K (3) A major, independent part of a software system. 3 K8 f: |6 f' _8 X(4) A defined effort funded by RDT&E and/or procurement appropriations' @: L& f# i. {; K3 M1 d with the express objective of providing a new or improved capability in; G2 \6 I/ K. q# S* ~ response to a stated mission need or deficiency. 0 a( A- H1 e R( j8 d6 B0 rProgram " x8 P4 M& r; T I+ ]Acquisition Cost, K# e2 g, s/ B5 N, f The estimated cost of development (RDT&E), procurement, and system specific2 f. ^3 n7 v) p+ R8 O( o military construction (MILCON) necessary to acquire the defense system. RDT&E2 @7 E7 P* K+ P; `$ @ costs shall be accumulated from the point in time when the DoD acquisition. |% I3 g; e/ W- R3 u program is designated by title as a program element or major project within a 9 R+ T# |4 k. [2 M7 y8 n; sprogram element. MILCON costs shall include only those projects that directly 8 q1 s( { O& z* O/ rsupport and uniquely identify with the system. 9 ?: a! B8 h* G0 n/ X2 T9 g5 yProgram 6 J# z. m+ j7 x% EBaseline ; @) K) Q% F4 C+ v4 ` l* BAcquisition Program Baseline. 4 q6 g& v! \9 o, k) [& J+ R8 r9 gProgram Budget 6 n: E' S3 D0 EDecision (PBD) 4 h% m6 J4 l6 A: iSecretary of Defense decision documents that affirm or change dollar amounts . @' \9 G& x- V+ o3 p0 I, oor manpower allowances in the services’ budget estimate submissions. 5 \% | l& D: @/ p! q) M) W( @. `Program Change ( v/ K( h) n0 s9 bDecision6 Y# r6 h' a- N- ?0 z A decision by SECDEF issued in a prescribed format that authorizes changes in: y7 [" x9 M. e9 Y the structure of the FYDP. ) \$ O4 t" J% b2 s7 j/ p- WProgram Change$ i4 k- n# T4 o Request + M, T% d. F NPrepared in a prescribed format, it is a proposal for out-of-cycle changes to data 8 i8 ~$ ? w6 _ s0 b' precorded in the approved FYDP. 8 ^1 k& o ~4 o F9 _, h6 cProgram Cost: \' v* P; U& p Categories# M1 Y7 z. s2 _8 n: ` U5 ~; { Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation. Appropriations to fund the # w/ E, R/ I2 G% Uefforts performed by contractors and government activities, including * |( m4 K3 F7 tprocurement of end items, weapons, materiel, components, materials and & Y" v* U- o% @ W' p$ N% v- k2 Bservices required for the development of equipment, material, computer# g( x2 r2 N5 ]6 X application software, and its development and initial operational test and4 W& ]3 i, @! P) {- m8 y; t3 m evaluation. RDT&E also funds the operation of dedicated R&D installations 7 {* M' ]% w; g: [7 T* Dactivities for the conduct of R&D programs.

使用道具 举报

92#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:17:50 |只看该作者
Procurement. Appropriations to fund those acquisition programs that have been 4 l& _2 P3 S+ {approved for production, and all costs integral and necessary to deliver a useful 8 m) m7 n$ a& eend item intended for operational use or inventory upon delivery.# y. y, B+ k/ x' i* V Operations & Maintenance. Appropriations to fund expenses such as civilian 1 {5 N) B: h' ~; r* Zsalaries, travel, minor construction projects, operating military forces, training and7 F+ `( p$ B ]6 Z @1 G education, depot maintenance, stock funds, and base operations support.: {6 F ^: F0 `# I) x Military Personnel. Appropriations to fund costs of salaries and other + f& f$ y7 V+ |8 r( Q+ W' S; wcompensation for active and retired military personnel and reserve forces based 7 v) `6 H# I+ a h8 a v5 gon end strength.1 o; q1 ~3 z, y3 A Military Construction. Appropriations to fund major projects such as bases,5 ~% D3 ^3 X4 Y5 H: Y" _ schools, missile storage facilities, maintenance facilities, medical/dental clinics, " H+ x" u6 n }1 t4 Slibraries, and military family housing.( Q) E4 h, g8 g v Costs budgeted in the O&M and Military Personnel appropriations are # H! f' W# f& n5 oconsidered expenses. Costs budgeted in the Procurement and Military # r/ B# A* B! z; W! a5 A1 pConstruction appropriations are considered investments. Costs budgeted in the. f% ^$ K; p; Q2 U3 L RDT&E and Family Housing appropriations include both expenses and 5 j; k9 b2 C- i- d: V8 D3 finvestments.) J3 t: M: \/ S) G MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P 6 b; h5 G8 j5 O" l" n234& q6 _5 B3 }' \1 c; y7 \5 L# {: `5 n7 a Program & D9 V. X2 N' t* e( I. tDecision * X" L/ m! m5 y s! ?& [Memorandum 9 W: u- C8 z3 u! S9 M6 I, k(PDM) ' C' P8 `7 Z+ u9 i' m" xSECDEF’s approval of Military Department or Defense Agency POM with * f/ _/ g! R) Y _1 ^5 H H6 x4 e' ~tentative specific guidance. Issued in July every two years during biennial . E1 `# C. K. K% I( H+ _, qPPBS.! \; ?6 R8 L% _ Program 7 ~+ G' H2 L0 r2 l; Z& DDevelopment and! C6 H8 x' F! S6 P) W6 z: N Risk Reduction 2 X* p& T% s0 d% J(PDRR) $ B( m9 Q% o% Z* ?2 DThe acquisition phase when major program characteristics and product designs9 E( x+ x/ H. b. X/ m are refined through extensive study and analysis, hardware development, test, , _& u5 u, m0 p! i0 iand evaluation. The objective is to validate the choice of alternatives and to & I: Z4 p& g1 ?; f( a; Oprovide the basis for determining whether or not to proceed into Engineering and0 L- e& r- |/ `7 b. B: B# H s Manufacturing development (EMD).$ H8 Y w! V: @0 N+ ] Program Element( r3 J. ?# t+ m( ` (PE) ; Z8 _9 O8 Z+ V0 _+ I DThe 11 major force elements are subdivided into Program Elements. The1 `) H& w# e% u$ m' { program element is the basic building block of the FYDP. It is defined as “an$ r9 r4 ^9 ?5 x7 n6 ?! \ integrated combination of men, equipment and facilities which together . ?8 }* c0 w1 u4 qconstitute an identifiable military capability of support activity.” It identifies the L. b+ k( c* w+ ]9 ]: `3 N mission to be undertaken and the organizational entities to perform the mission. % B* s) T) C; y& sElements may consist of forces, manpower, materiel, services, and/or associated 5 u) k; |3 e: x2 D& Ecosts. The PE consists of seven digits ending with a letter indicating appropriate# ~% M, {+ b, }+ h* N: s' D+ ? service./ E/ |# s% m/ v. y2 c n Program Element! o8 T2 m. m+ r" |2 n Monitor (PEM) 5 ]& T+ h1 S; l3 tPerson within HQ USAF office who is directly responsible for a given program2 g/ l# U e0 b W, i' {4 D$ s! N and all documentation needed to harmonize the program in the budget. ' B n) E- D5 @3 U# n3 H% hProgram& r, V& ~3 G( e. a Evaluation+ j! z( O6 _8 r5 B9 W Review ! [$ p, B- E7 xTechnique! n- \5 c5 ~: P w6 p& W; a8 c A technique for management of a program through to completion by constructing ' Y D$ f$ V+ ]) s ]& H8 Za network model of integrated activities and events and periodically evaluating ' S2 G5 d/ ^8 t tthe time/cost implications of progress. " T. `" [5 m% k) p& [9 nProgram ' e& P% T" j$ ?$ k* P, @Executive Officer ; [" e, [) _$ L/ t/ X5 H(PEO) 1 s* m1 O% o6 v8 xA military or civilian official who has primary responsibility for directing several * b% `' w9 s# \9 Xacquisition category I programs and for assigned Acquisition Category II, III, and. b4 u. ?% x. n5 e5 U p( u; b# d IV programs. A Program Executive Officer has no other command or staff / h, A. U0 m7 K) r" Lresponsibilities within the Component, and only reports to and receives guidance% v5 g$ _2 {" C( n4 s5 O6 |/ O and direction from the DoD Component Acquisition Executive.5 \# q R) y' P Program; ^. z8 v. r; O q) w Management2 }8 _6 O$ P2 u/ S, g1 q The process whereby a single leader and team are responsible for planning,( T( v4 ~1 H" \- ]; ? organizing, coordinating, directing, and controlling the combined efforts of ! S! X; q: Y: `! _- Lparticipating/assigned civilian and military personnel and organizations in: p8 E/ ^. b2 q8 S accomplishing program objectives. Provides centralized authority, responsibility,7 i7 Z8 U/ m2 i( r- K* V and point of contact for a specific acquisition program.2 Q* @) q$ P. a Program% k- e' q' h6 {2 a Management ( x, ?8 M2 \$ {$ p3 V% Q! Z. s# UAgreement (PMA) 1 V! C0 y" E# ^( bThe guiding agreement between the BMDAE and the SAEs covering the broad & l# @: A% Q- W. s O3 ^objectives, funding, and expectations of each Service with respect to a specific" ^. ^5 u" t4 w' Q MDA-funded activity.; |: o4 ^( q, F2 Q6 ?* F9 z7 S Program% W+ l) o9 G6 Q8 |" e: n Management+ n. d( p( n7 I5 ^% a6 g. O5 q Plan : r( z3 g. ?% E; T: U1 x! f9 jThe document developed and issued by the program manager, which shows the * g# D$ G! c+ b+ Aintegrated multi-functional time-phased actions and resources required to ' d; O( O6 y- \- Z7 Ocomplete the task. 0 J" N. s! w( W9 `" Y/ GProgram( K2 M2 `, m& d1 i, c2 i Manager (PM)8 e3 p8 J# Y" L0 p5 V A military or civilian official who is responsible for managing an acquisition / U& E8 Q* b1 a1 r9 rprogram. 9 x2 k- _6 w3 _3 g6 X* ]# h2 MProgrammatic Pertaining to the cost, schedule, and performance characteristics of an % @9 Q, |" m; xacquisition program.

使用道具 举报

93#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:02 |只看该作者
MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P# P I4 v1 V9 }" p2 Q. C) j 235 ; T, R# G/ n) UProgram 6 `# R) V; W9 d, y+ b! S8 VObjectives 2 t2 m9 ~0 J% h$ \- VMemorandum$ c$ D6 f2 E4 b$ o6 L (POM)# j9 U* p! E0 x: @ An annual memorandum in prescribed format submitted to the SECDEF in May$ w8 m4 @& S. { } by the DoD Component Head, which recommends the total resource5 z: Y8 Z3 _- d; Q8 A requirements and programs within the parameters of the SECDEF's fiscal 6 h$ v4 c& c9 Z1 tguidance. A major document in the PPBS; it ultimately becomes the$ s- ]5 ^7 R r; h5 c/ k- l9 B1 w Component's budget.! L( M# C% L2 M, m& M Program/Project ! k {9 P) o5 v6 u- lIntegrator (PI)# ]8 j* k! @1 }* R' S8 A b6 G& ^ The MDA staff member assigned responsibility for integrating all tasks within a / G) {/ U8 {6 g# Q/ W4 L9 nproject. Single point-of-contact for information and activities involving a MDA+ h) j' H: @3 H% p technology, NMD planning, or a TMD acquisition project., q- w! ^9 |+ D g: Q/ A6 ] Programming The projection of activities to be accomplished and the resources that will be : ^) T& S: S" D1 L8 b" crequired for a specified period in the future. The process of preparing a / H r9 [& f, N4 c1 p3 |program, especially in terms of quantitative, physical requirements, manpower," b+ N7 P; y* e) j materiel, and facilities. The process of establishing and maintaining a program.' y1 ]- M# `3 D* m PROGRUS Program Update Studies. + ]+ z5 X9 w9 D6 HProject (1) Synonymous with program in general usage.0 B T' Q$ k4 u1 I# u (2) Specifically, a planned undertaking having a finite beginning and - [, N4 Y h$ \ending, involving definition, development, production, and logistics. v" E# F3 R, T4 x, j* J support of a major weapon or weapon support system or systems. A7 e' s! z/ \6 b+ h3 H) l9 o: I( t" O project may be the whole or a part of a program. Within the Navy, a ' e5 \: I+ t6 L, F2 r: Z) iDesignated Project is a project, which, because of its importance or. A; x) y( E3 |: @7 l; V2 s critical nature, has been selected for intensified project management.: E. B. u1 r1 {- D* C: B (3) A planned undertaking of something to be accomplished, produced, or+ U- |% c& Y+ W; c0 N9 f constructed, having a finite beginning and a finite ending.- p* {& w1 D8 a$ U6 q Project Office The office of the program manager and the point of contact with industry,- l% [! M$ v$ h0 |+ Y government agencies, and other activities participating in the system acquisition1 l9 |3 I3 b6 z process. (USASSDC) (Note: USAF uses the term System Program Office).+ o- i7 {1 J( }0 l: L3 K Project Planning 3 o. Q: |2 l0 ~0 g! O7 [9 J. @. HGuidance (PPG)4 i3 v0 Q! N5 B; o ~7 U High-level summary document that defines the work to be performed by each 2 s6 F6 w& t H* zExecuting Agent in support of the BMD program./ O5 E1 N8 f" R, z' z) p Project Summary# G( u, Q4 l3 x( @: ~; e' \# m Work Breakdown8 j! d( D* d4 j" ` Structure (WBS) - j: o ~. S, }; E1 T/ d" U( D. DA summary WBS tailored to a specific defense materiel item by selecting 7 t& M0 Y6 ?6 s0 R5 v; qapplicable elements from one or more summary WBSs or by adding equivalent 4 B9 X$ e, }/ C1 |, {* x! helements unique to the project (MIL-STD-881A). + a) N5 Y6 G* a' i) \Proliferation* F R4 Y% y; B& q; F7 a% R (Nuclear' {5 Y3 V" F9 f+ f( e; j3 z Weapons)1 s) d a+ M& R% s6 r) _' S The process by which nations sequentially come into possession of, or acquire8 l. h3 {0 p- W2 K4 y$ M the right to determine the use of, nuclear weapons, thus enabling each to, x% s9 i! k" z. t launch a nuclear attack upon another nation. d- x" b2 E7 m: r. r$ m# N3 OProof of Principle( V7 f/ e/ y5 b (POP)3 ~. G7 f0 P7 ~& [) a/ z. i Technical demonstration and troop experimentation conducted with brassboard # y5 P# O6 m1 K$ |, r0 @configuration, subsystems, or surrogate systems, using troops in a realistic field: c7 ?$ B9 K3 K$ M environment. The process examines the organization and operational concept, 0 x$ b6 F7 p2 \/ v0 Nprovides data to improve requirements and evaluation criteria, and provides data ) o2 J j5 T" F5 c8 j) t. Mon which to base the decision to enter EMD (Army).3 R2 _$ [9 M6 c {3 K Proprietary Right A broad contractor term used to describe data belonging to the contractor. This : m$ Y$ v2 p8 a z k0 z. s( Ddata could be intellectual property, financial data, etc. The Government when l9 N$ I# q0 v. J3 `- dreferencing technical data does not recognize this category. (Defense Systems : J# q) _8 T, y( `9 BManagement College Glossary)* Y0 B" O. P* A( L Protection 4 K; \1 W& W5 K* W: SPriorities0 x4 _) f' J$ r2 I* W. ]+ g5 m The aggregated value for each impact point prediction specifying the order of 6 D0 G- ^9 I pprotection. 8 D1 v, a$ [" W9 cProto Prototype. 6 _4 X1 j" t% z! _MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P6 K+ ^% ?# z8 t% [, G1 w' S: w 236 4 E- ^; _) F0 x+ |. ]) U* iPRP Personnel Reliability Program (ILS term).5 o" ?9 @3 l$ V9 c% y PRR Production Readiness Review.- ~1 O' M& b' I: x PS (1) Physical Security. (2) Product Service. # B' J+ [9 a* h5 j) W z$ HPSA Production Shakedown Availability. . V5 @2 \: u( a: b; `PSAC President’s Science Advisory Committee.8 I( i& m4 |/ R. J; \ PSC Principle Subordinate Command.7 ]( Y; {% U! h! d ^* O8 _6 l" d PSCC Physical Security Control Center. , j4 \7 @6 g/ E8 J$ kPSD Power System Demonstrator." \; h/ W0 }/ X0 g1 S) o5 U- A PSE Peculiar Support Element. * b$ j, _# _/ E' ?1 ?Psi Pounds per Square Inch.( B! ?4 r+ D! N/ Z( f PSM Portable Space Model. / [: G& P5 N+ N' S; {PSN Packet Switching Node." X( h2 ~; a. S. a. D* D; n PSP Program Support Plan. # k0 Z0 y4 ?9 E7 j: r0 \/ l+ e1 MPSRR Preliminary System Requirements Review. $ J e1 f7 y4 S6 \# ?8 b" wPSS (1) Passive Sensor System. (2) Passive Surveillance Sensor (Project 1106 term). 5 I: Z" c$ K; vPSSC Preliminary System Security Concept. 6 P- @7 H3 j! ] }. S/ z. |! vPSW Packet Switching.7 b! C3 V3 X z {3 v3 ^ PSYOP Psychological Operations.+ U- z: L, }9 b/ A& t+ ` PsyOps Psychological Operations. ' Q* X }8 A, |% |% `PTBT Partial Test Ban Treaty.6 C4 N9 G2 ^6 G* H0 N, H; \ PTDB Problem Tracking Data Base. 5 U* _; i; @+ r; L$ ]# PPTE Processor Test Environment.) d: E' s1 G" N$ a! n PTI Pacific Telecom, Incorporated.

使用道具 举报

94#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:13 |只看该作者
PTO Participating Test Organization.( l# }- b4 V! c( ?9 j6 t! n PTPM Product Transition Procedure Manual.2 k+ U. }& @+ J" d$ m# ?) X& | PtSi Platinum Silicide. $ {" n: g, `2 o0 [" n" ePTV Propulsion Test Vehicle.; Z$ j8 Z. p( Z( g PTWG Producible Technology Working Groups.# s+ d' s. w6 ^6 L# E# @% ^ Pu Plutonium. , B8 X, r* s6 i* \7 k, BMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 P 9 o' P1 U$ }; w2374 h9 a) O- r: A Pulse Duration In radar, measurement of pulse transmission time in microseconds, that is, the" ?$ e! M# {$ d( S8 N6 T time the radar’s transmitter is energized during each cycle./ i$ z! p; P. b0 z Pulse Repetition ( H. G8 E2 P9 p/ v- M9 {4 IFrequency" T$ E s8 U: d% c/ R2 S4 r In radar, the number of pulses the occur each second. Not to be confused with . F9 r- e3 _% _9 F Qtransmission frequency which is determined by the rate at which cycles are 0 k! ]: p E5 X) w2 k4 Lrepeated within the transmitted pulse. 9 _' M9 u# M+ oPulsed Power! |) P7 ~' a" Z- ~! S EMR5 l# @) p, V: X5 L7 y5 ~- {' h Radiated fields that have very high instantaneous peak field strengths or power : W1 |" |0 A# M4 S. ~, zdensity but significantly lower average values. " K/ u8 A! N0 r0 L. ^Pumping The raising of the molecules or atoms of a lasant to an energy state above the2 D4 G" Y' j6 @+ x normal lowest state to produce laser light. This results when they fall back to a 8 t) R" t% J+ K6 Ulower state. Pumping may be done using electrical, chemical, or nuclear energy. * z3 s+ ~. }' k6 x& L6 {PUR Program Update Review (OSD term). . [# c0 G8 u: t$ i$ JPurchase Order# G4 P0 m# S+ a& o! o; z: \ (PO); X4 s& l2 l: P; b1 G2 ] A contractual procurement document used primarily to procure supplies and nonpersonal services when the aggregate amount involved in any one transaction is 7 E0 J2 @- M9 _6 S8 G9 xrelatively small (e.g., not exceeding $10,000). ' s; G \* q5 K9 a! F1 s1 }PV HCT Photovoltaic Mercury Cadmium Telluride.7 i% x) J) x' l% X3 K+ K PVB Project Validation Board (MILCON term). 8 L" Q- q# @/ a- n- k0 mPVO (PVO ' t1 K; K! U, ?; x; q' D4 }2 GStrany) ' J8 A7 n$ v+ c6 S1 D# gRussian organization formerly responsible for the air and space defense of their# W: W0 R( E5 a- l! I/ c) r1 ? homeland. 7 J) j# p( A; J9 M6 ?. k$ zPVT Payload Verification Test. 3 r! f5 D F( C" wpW Picowatt. " ^/ | y j9 v+ P% h, A+ z% j- FPWBS Program Work Breakdown Structure. 2 S( H1 E* I& i/ P wPWG Product Working Group.; Z5 w2 J( _- R% P PWR Pressurized Water Reactor.0 P4 E* t/ J+ k) g) P; h PY Prior Year.; u2 {) P" [" j; \/ ^8 R: X Pyrotechnic A mixture of chemicals which, when ignited, is capable of reacting exothermically 2 P8 C% Q( m+ {% lto produce light, heat, smoke, sound, or gas, and may be also used to introduce0 A' ?6 g, d$ n% m( `0 O# e4 x: w a delay into an explosive train because of its known burning time. The term ( M3 v8 `9 a$ Iexcludes propellants and explosives. 3 `9 v% i4 ^- }& h3 qMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 Q 3 J: w$ h2 W) X! b238 F0 [) G* U& O3 A; w! C* H# ]7 z Q Quarter [of year].1 }! |5 ]3 j0 N1 a" [. t Q&R Qualification and Reliability. * s# e- T& l0 n! c) sQ/FY (number) Quarter/Fiscal Year (number), e.g., 4Q/FY981 ?% t3 O. S3 a& p! k6 R QA Quality Assurance. ( K' K- |2 g0 l! ^$ lQAE Quality Assurance Evaluator.+ W- [. {' }7 s QAMSP Quality Assurance Master Surveillance Plan. 6 a6 t/ K3 ^( }( V. aQC Quality Control.! T. u$ |% z/ ^- y QDR Quadrennial Defense Review (US Congress/DoD term). ' ^) Z: h3 Y f& u2 e2 x5 j R! I, GQFR Question for Record.. K- _, N; J2 f6 |5 i5 K QIP Quality Improvement Prototype., F5 t; C8 k1 _; _9 o QLD Quick Look Display. & J# N; W0 R. L) pQM (1) Queen Match. (2) Quartermaster.0 z" }) h6 i' w0 b- c6 s QM/DX Queen Match/Discrimination Experiment.$ N0 s. k( m# g/ i0 _+ ~; Z$ y QMB Quality Management Board. 5 C4 T: E* w5 j, ~QPP Quality Program Plan. 8 t1 h u8 ^5 E! B3 G8 W# _QPR Quality Program Review. . G' v5 E3 t$ K" `QPSR Quarterly Program Status Review. ' z- f# L8 X; {9 yQQPRI Qualitative and Quantitative Personnel Requirements Information.& [& l/ Q+ [# f7 o QRA (1) Quartz Resonant Accelerometer 2 b; }% \9 H8 L; L(2) Quick Reaction Alert. $ W! B: j! E1 u* p(3) Quick Reaction Aircraft (US). 7 p" c3 c3 S5 R1 GQRC Quick Reaction Capability. $ T7 X, I7 @9 B& |QRG Quick Reference Guide.0 I! c1 K* I0 P QRM Quick Response Missile. 8 z( m: X! }% HQRP Quick Response Program (PATRIOT). ! t3 }. j: z6 n: PQRP Radar Quick Response Program Radar.! y2 c8 O. |& ]( c* j QRS (1) Quartz Resonant Sensor. (2) Quick Reaction Software.. D/ ^" {/ U& ~3 z, M+ v QSR Quadrennial Strategy Review.1 x6 i% j' s8 l( D Qtrly Quarterly. 8 |7 `8 z- h! F- d2 j6 CQuad-D/ADI Quad-D/Advanced Discriminating Interceptor.; H2 V- c4 `/ E) V MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 Q. T m$ P5 T$ A: m# } 239 & [: ^' U# J! U& ]+ D. m6 Y7 w yQualification Test This test simulates defined environmental conditions with a predetermined safety / x3 J k# F5 x9 Wfactor, the results indicating whether a given design can perform its function6 W7 T, z3 ?# t" J" p within the simulated environment of a system. The test usually is not conducted5 c, O0 D9 h0 `, S) r! P1 m on models using production tooling and processes.' f3 H9 |( p2 M# y4 f$ n Query A request for identification of a set of assets, expressed in terms of a set of& o/ w" z6 o3 V( D criteria, which the identified item must satisfy. , e( x" l I+ W- X" L9 BQueue ' h3 K' J. e$ Z. uQuick Reaction k' {* c: Y# W3 W* V Launch Vehicle 8 \, }3 u/ x( ?3 E/ P3 \A store for a sequence of packets, or messages, which are waiting to be % F. x- Y. d% D$ R& j; g5 W' @processed. A transmit queue for instance is a store of packets waiting to be, p, V% U4 V+ P6 s/ w, d6 l4 Y transmitted.% k4 E5 Q+ @/ X A Congressionally mandated program to provide surrogate launch vehicles in ( O- u$ J, P1 B( @* T4 \4 Dsupport of the Northern Edge exercise in 2001 and 2002. In addition the QRLV# ?( ~7 S" {7 G; V has participated in several experiments for various users.9 u' K# J8 |7 o, C4 |6 l QWIP Quantum Well Infrared Photodetector. ' C& X4 b8 B7 B1 e5 QMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R 9 B5 D7 I P* V! d( I( K( n241% _# ^0 V$ ^0 l R' C6 _& i R&A Reliability and Availability.

使用道具 举报

95#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:23 |只看该作者
R&D Research and Development. ; c+ k% l6 X( e8 D3 hR&M Reliability and Maintainability. 4 _$ d3 p& J* b/ G: m& cR-T Real Time. 5 ]3 t6 N; t T# E( ?) bR/ASR Review as Required. 1 R4 {" a) @4 _2 F5 Z pR/W Read/Write. 7 V3 Y9 L9 M+ |3 b7 U& q2 ^! hR2 (1) Recovery and Reconstitution. (2) Reporting Responsibility. % S0 h/ b8 |& l1 N+ q" _R2 P2 Rapid-Retargeting/Precision Pointing (simulator). $ T! S) U. i( Q4 S9 {- yR 0 J3 R h( e/ C- V- N3) V- V/ C$ m: D8 W Rotary Reciprocating Refrigerator.* l" i9 n8 ~6 g7 d$ W RAA Risk Approval Authority. , A1 G" h3 x& ?( u" x, qRAAF Royal Australian Air Force.1 P* ]9 o" V3 S3 C# t: k1 U! a2 A RACE Research in Advanced Communications in Europe.$ W+ ]) I9 o: V RAD (1) Radiation Absorbed Dose. (2) Radiation Accumulated Dose. # U. I" p, X0 F5 c% V9 ORad Hard Radiation Hardened. 9 U! |1 t* v3 ~- i( {Radar (Formerly an acronym for Radio Detection and Ranging.) A technique for detecting targets in the atmosphere or in space by transmitting radio waves (e.g.,6 [ I } Y/ K2 ?8 c4 c microwaves) and sensing the waves reflected by objects. The reflected waves 7 p6 q. ^* {/ m0 [& I(called "returns" or "echoes") provide information on the distance to the target# c. Q1 Z, @& T5 Y3 g6 g and the velocity of the target, and also may provide information about the shape+ @6 j$ ]0 |8 X" S; n# c1 ~ of the target.; J2 u' X( K3 ?' [* E6 [7 K Radar Beacon A receiver-transmitter combination which sends out a coded signal when% c9 Y' w+ K* J- L6 _: `9 Z triggered by the proper type of pulse, enabling determination of range and 1 }% i- K: S6 ], Y- \bearing information by the interrogating station or aircraft. ! _% ~, x1 i, z, iRadar Cross 9 ]9 \6 b' |) `' Q* p. M( v/ Z6 B; KSection (RCS)! d6 g/ b1 y4 @. {1 V Area of an object as scanned by radar; measured in square meters. 7 u# U3 i; v1 S2 |) k. ^Radar Netting The linking of several radars to a single center to provide integrated target" A C1 {: S( n* U" ~! k information.* W; F9 C8 i0 ?4 e. P& r: x4 i: K RADC (1) Region Air Defense Commander. (2) OBSOLETE. Rome Air Development & p/ Y- O8 K: M2 @, f0 v. ECenter. (Now called Rome Laboratory.)0 z" s. J. s2 N) s1 M, u RADEC Radiation Detection Capability. ; P" C' E7 E9 _" v7 YRADHAZ (1) Electromagnetic Radiation Hazard. (2) Hazards form electromagnetic ! l3 o6 G* Q# R: V# Uradiation. v5 P3 | Z, e& }0 R' g3 a( D3 zRadiant) Q: e B" S, k' Z0 @6 I Exposure. k% Y( W' d' ^+ M The total amount of thermal radiation energy received per unit area of exposed* |! G$ W9 \ N9 N7 b; J( n surface; it is usually expressed in calories per square centimeter. ! a) t m6 U+ D4 G/ }5 VMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R 6 Y4 J2 k8 R6 n$ A& }5 A242, |8 |% D3 Z' W Radiation (1) The emission and propagation of waves transmitting energy through8 T& v5 a p: S space or through some medium; for example, the emission and q! `! c6 R6 D* `; y! Q propagation of electromagnetic, sound, or elastic waves.( j2 w# d! f* G, {* q. Y (2) The energy transmitted by waves through space or some medium; when- _. X5 a- b, G- r& W) D3 _ unqualified, usually refers to electromagnetic radiation. Also known as 9 C8 `" g6 ~- q! [, }radiant energy.6 \; {: U; } `3 R& N (3) A stream of particles, such as electrons, neutrons, protons, alpha 1 U& z/ U& ~ ^0 p1 Hparticles, or high-energy photons, or a mixture of these. (See Ionizing& l* `5 h" [! i Radiation, Nuclear Radiation, and Thermal Radiation.) ) w$ P( O8 {- ?$ U/ [" DRadiation 9 g& s; m& s4 ?/ qHardening . P9 O9 z: j! T& Q) RProtection of a particular system, subsystem, or component from functional& f- p# P( e% ] damage due to the effects of nuclear (or other) radiation by shielding the 9 E1 c4 `5 g9 k3 Y' g+ U3 Fvulnerable components from the radiation, or using other passive techniques in 3 V0 ^0 r: |5 _( y5 A0 smanufacturing effects of nuclear (or other) radiation.* g; U" ^: C: \3 l: W! \- |6 l+ [ RADIC System Rapidly Deployable Integrated Command and Control System. " S& C& z8 Y: ^8 c- {/ F3 T# BRADINT Radar Intelligence.! Z/ N! t4 f6 q( D& N* i) g4 g Radio Blackout 0 b6 V- A# D5 p; j ~0 C& b(RBO)7 K( a1 B M5 |# z1 j The complete disruption of radio (or radar) signal over large areas caused by the) F' ^/ Q( \" ?/ t$ o ionization accompanying a high altitude nuclear explosion, especially above: S2 T9 u, J% h0 H& R: m5 n# g9 S about 40 miles.# A5 h9 m1 v8 r8 x7 M s Radioactive (or5 I9 e( u) |- x0 Z5 i Y Nuclear) Cloud . y# r/ J8 D3 z( `9 WAn all-inclusive term for the volume of hot gases, smoke, dust, and other2 p8 N. F& L: ~* { particulate matter from the nuclear weapon itself and from its environment, that is- j0 E/ k" b) @, Q carried aloft in conjunction with the rising fireball produced by the detonation of a ' Z% R' n6 B4 r4 @nuclear weapon. 8 Q1 r/ f# Z2 eRadioactivity The spontaneous emission of radiation, generally alpha or beta particles, often0 K- v J& X$ [% p( k accompanied by gamma rays, from the nuclei or an unstable isotope., `8 R2 Q# ?( ^8 I RADOT Recording Automatic Digital Optical Tracker.* ?# ?3 @( R- F; y8 V2 l RAG Red-Amber-Green (MDA/POC assessment term).! k% B% E; ^. Z- L- [+ k Rail Gun (RG) A weapon using metallic rails and electromagnetic energy to fire hypervelocity4 c" u$ {" m6 b8 k projectiles. , K5 c b( b" |0 ~RAM (1) Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability. (2) Random Access Memory l9 i$ k9 M7 T+ \. B- V. r2 P- ` RAMA (1) Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability. - F4 ?- d( j2 H' e8 s# v0 n3 M(2) Random Access Memory.; Y3 k( b" e8 ^( V* e( m0 b (3) Radar Absorption Material. . F4 ~9 b/ X( d) J& ZRAMOS (1) Russian-American Observation Satellite. + _- I: X7 u/ L# X+ l' z(2) Reliability, availability, maintainability, operations, and support. C4 O5 T6 {$ B* V3 BRAMS Resource Management Accounting System. 6 W& u. S" V d- I. {$ {Random Defense Engagement of RVs uniformly without any reference to type or destination. This # H8 L# d, s7 W$ simplies taking the best shot possible in terms of increasing probability to kill.2 {+ r- R3 I7 U9 e% o. x Range Resolution The difference between the true distance (from sensor) to target and the ( P5 I$ X$ H; R) F+ zcalculated distance to target based on sensor data, at maximum sensor range.! b) U9 h: `: x5 i8 ]& D RAP Remote Access Panel.$ W1 ?! u c1 ^9 s$ k/ |& ?4 X MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R 5 e/ O1 @5 H5 [: Y243 7 Z. N- Z. f8 cRAPIER Rapid Emergency Relocation Team. , F; ~9 z$ C8 r1 CRAPTOR Responsive Aircraft Program for Theater Operations. A high-altitude, long 8 j; }- c# y( W+ c: q! S6 U dendurance airborne sensor platform.+ R' `4 }, A. B, r0 ]: X+ D RAPTOR/TALON A technology demonstration program to demonstrate critical technologies for an; w! p3 T* }7 m+ Q H8 K! T( N unmanned airborne weapons system providing a boost phase intercept5 Q( e b) K; [8 n8 H* k capability. * M9 K( b6 L/ U8 R$ i' M9 J) a1 ?RARSAT Radar Ocean Reconnaissance Satellite. ( ?5 P" R, O5 JRAS (1) Requirements Allocation Sheet. (2) Remote Access Set. & L, y+ B( t/ L6 QRASA Remote Command Safety System.$ _" R! x) z9 L, m0 o0 T4 m Rationalization Any action that increases the effectiveness of allied forces through more efficient1 O4 B, [9 S$ c# J+ P# d9 |0 {, Q or effective use of defense resources committed to the alliance. Rationalization % v* h, y# ?/ ]& vincludes consolidation, reassignment of national priorities to higher alliance/ h& j1 F5 u) O. E$ B needs, standardization, specialization, mutual support or improved 1 F r# G8 I- ~) r( o2 Pinteroperability, and greater cooperation. Rationalization applies to both - D8 J4 i! T/ Bweapons/materiel resources and non-weapons military matters. 2 \- F' v6 f) x8 t6 ZRB Reentry Body. . ]0 K& |+ p: \6 Q! [1 N4 yRBECS Revised Battlefield Electronic CEOI System (US Army-sponsored)., s5 K, H% a5 j& Q6 }% k1 U" m6 ?2 X RBO Radio Blackout. * z2 |2 S$ i( A$ f# G) W7 ~, `# }0 NRC/CC Responsibility Center/Cost Center. & I- ~6 O& {% E; Y( l: {( eRCF Radar Correlation Function.

使用道具 举报

96#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:35 |只看该作者
RCM (1) Reliability Centered Maintenance. # q8 a3 x7 F) x# e% a(2) Requirements Correlation Matrix (AF).+ G9 K5 b% P% r2 Z (3) Resource Consumption Model.% e+ U: ]" v' @" Z RCR Rate Capability Review (USA term). $ T* |( H0 p( j9 L9 P6 k' x/ ~RCS Radar Cross-Section.' [. |. e, G( p6 D. x) Z9 d RCSR Radar Cross-Section Reduction. / {( ]) x( \" F/ ]% e- }/ ~RCSS Range Command Safety System.3 [; l( \1 ~, a4 {7 E- @ RCU (1) Rate Changes Unit. (2) Remote Control Unit. (3) Reactor Control Unit. " M' s( M! ?: L* n6 n+ oRCVR Receiver. * z Z) D! ~' {7 O7 Y: v) wRD Readiness Demonstrator (SBL Program term).# I" \1 x( k$ G- {' A# Y: Z; c6 e RDA Research, Development and Acquisition. . z1 u( W0 P1 u+ o+ { ?RDBMS Relational Database Management System (Computer term). $ h+ S9 I! L+ d- Z* D% V) DRDC Research and Development Contract.) t" G: U4 h, ] RDD Requirements Driven Design.* C/ J+ z R0 K; z& `0 z MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R 9 X, j# v/ n- e( \$ P; `244: X& g, P7 j$ {$ [/ n7 d RDD-100 Requirements Driven Development' D( s$ i+ I) N( S/ M RDG Random Data Generator.8 X% e; Y+ C, M s RDS Regional Defense System. v: Z: `+ ]3 i- |4 f( L9 V3 G) q RDT&E Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation.. Q/ z/ W9 l) B1 g6 { RDT&E Program - A% \5 m) e7 U0 A* ]4 N! bCategories/ N- t5 U" c9 j# C+ S6 f0 D0 E* d3 r The five divisions the comprise Major Force Program 06 (R&D) in the FYDP.: w5 m+ ?) {; ~ They are:, q- P- _6 ]* ?4 N2 V6 @) m* m •6.1 Basic Research$ S( j- t. R3 X7 }4 @) { •6.2 Exploratory Development8 \1 I1 ^; a% b8 q6 Z •6.3 Advanced Development 0 e+ P- C4 y8 D. t•6.4 Engineering Development * b/ ?& L& I! u! E: O+ `# X. a5 C•6.5 Management and Support. w7 Z( X5 V+ }0 e& x5 M/ }' W+ z! h Operational System development, not a designated category, is funded in* V1 X) M7 R4 T- E RDT&E appropriations but not in Major Force Program 06. - r4 e, [5 ~9 a- H' _$ [RE Radar Enhancement (USA term). 6 H0 Q% I- H" qRe Targeting The ability of the system to recomputed the direction of sensors and/or weapons, B! V% k( A, Z to intercept a target that was missed on the first attempt, or that was superseded ; \" z$ K7 C% T, |by a higher priority target.: ?0 u* k6 g+ x1 z REACT Rapid Execution and Combat Targeting.* ]* R7 q+ ~3 e; b. }' ^" r Reaction Decoy A decoy deployed only upon warning or suspicion of imminent attack.; x2 h) s5 j5 D Readiness6 \+ [. o7 J. ]; t Postures, \9 ]; S8 [5 s" c- ?9 ^ A specific status defining the relative responsiveness of BMD assets and 8 ^! ?9 f2 a; [4 gpersonnel to perform a USSPACECOM BMD mission. 8 i: A, @& e1 nReal Time (1) Pertaining to the processing of data by computer in connection with + h) R: \/ c! c1 zanother process outside the computer according to time requirements" S, t! e$ i2 \3 | improved by the outside process. This term is used to describe systems. i( Y6 h4 e. a operating in conversational mode, and processes that can be influenced / ]% o3 \; G' s iby human intervention, while they are in progress. ( A$ D* N+ A% j6 q* m(2) Pertaining to the actual time during which a physical process transpires, " C: U+ ~1 H1 W4 w7 [& E1 X* bfor example, the performance of a computation during the actual time3 L4 U8 o8 l0 l that the related physical process transpires, in order that results of the1 N- y7 Q' S- }+ h" O computation can be used in guiding the physical process.( X E3 w' E: U Real World Data Data derived from physical experimentation concerning phenomenology 3 h" p; c7 _0 J$ ]0 c) E6 hassociated with technical functioning of SDS, particularly regarding target; \* ]: Z S: k) [! x signatures, background observables, sensor functions, weapon functions, and 8 U- z3 _* q; g3 O! e/ U2 H& J) S( d- Tsurvivability. ! o, S! A' K# U8 \( M0 DReal World Data, R1 |, }. u( m- \( E$ d3 l Collection+ K% {/ h8 N5 g/ P! ]9 Y# D0 z5 f5 a The provision, to SEIC users, of access to real world data, in fashion timely and ! P9 U: u8 U5 q4 n& Y; fotherwise suitable to meet users’ needs (e.g. for validation of a test bed).- ~6 V7 V n8 @" W REC Radio-Electronic Combat. ; Z2 E/ j, l: a4 A* ~( QRECCE Reconnaissance. ! i6 y4 Z4 x. R, BReclama A formal appeal to the service comptroller of SECDEF’s tentative budget decision, H! [: S3 ~+ B0 z- S1 T: x on the service budget estimates./ x6 j0 @ f1 b6 V/ ] MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R 4 i9 v# s( b8 N$ f6 O245: `3 _( j4 J# Q9 ~4 | RECON Reconnaissance.- G/ h" T" G" w. |; k% {1 B Reconciliation Directives to standing committees contained in congressional budget resolutions $ Q5 Z: W" K$ Z3 U+ [3 Wcalling for certain dollar savings and a deadline for reporting legislation to+ K c! p! P4 X) f0 ] achieve the savings. Omnibus reconciliation bill incorporating these changes is 0 s' ^) L# J/ N9 ^9 @% l8 d, Aintroduced and acted on in both houses. / ]" Z9 V; N1 E- XReconstitute To restore, during periods of hostile engagements or during peacetime, military # B+ ?1 X& Q6 @6 T5 y8 |" iforces or elements as closely as possible to a desired state of readiness for# }! I+ H9 H3 r4 z. U+ i combat." e8 j: u2 O/ f) q5 f Red/Blue( w5 u& X; ], p5 b/ l Exchange: E# k0 `1 K( ^0 N% B; ^ A process to identify and define potential countermeasures that would degrade ' W8 s/ i) } _- H; J& f% Faspects of ballistic missile defense. The process – akin to a wargame – pits a # @5 u; I2 E1 GRed team fielded by DSIM and a Blue team fielded by AQ. A senior review3 K0 h* k; f$ w! n$ T panel acts as the referee.' Y' I- Z) m, ]; U+ U REDCAP Real-time Electromagnetic Digitally Controlled Analyzer and Processor (USAF " z$ G8 A- s7 c% _6 kterm)." x3 G2 n" _5 \& j9 c1 B! L Redout The degradation of infrared sensor resolution due to high-altitude nuclear bursts. 5 i5 a1 D' i- v% }Radiation from these bursts causes fluorescence-emission of light from air , Q2 b! A) _5 omolecules. The emitted light lies within the long-wave IR spectrum so the ) U0 b4 S, f& _4 matmosphere below appears to the sensor to glow more brightly than usual. 5 M5 L8 d7 E1 Z' r- S! _Redundancy The inclusion of duplicate or alternate system elements to improve operational 4 s! r; H; w) Treliability by ensuring continued operation in the event that a primary element/ s9 ]# Y1 }& O7 K% F( m$ u fails., G5 d5 o6 A5 L" G" b Reengineering The process of examining, altering, and re-implementing an existing computer . T7 v' k8 v1 ?1 u+ S* ~) N8 asystem to reconstitute it in a new form. ) }1 k" @5 m! `* R VReentry The return of objects originally launched from earth, into the atmosphere. " U9 e: D+ a4 Q* N6 O3 W) p" }Reentry Angle Elevation angle of velocity vector relative to local horizontal plane when $ A- x" V0 B/ \3 K sreentering object reaches 92km. # }( p- Q/ B! Y9 B& Y; NReentry Phase That portion of the trajectory of a ballistic missile or space vehicle where there is # H0 g/ K" E/ m6 @a significant interaction of the vehicle and the earth’s atmosphere. * E! N6 F+ [! c" `5 G$ [- [4 `Reentry Vehicle$ T `, t3 M! w d (RV) $ p1 n% d T6 A' F5 `(1) Reentry vehicles are objects containing nuclear warheads. They are " i) s' E% x' o5 u* Z' i. xreleased from the last stage of a booster rocket or from a post-boost+ u4 L" H9 Y& |# X/ F G vehicle early in the ballistic trajectory. They are thermally insulated to5 h- n1 a1 x4 b survive rapid heating during the high velocities of reentry into the $ \! b6 Z+ D) s3 {! catmosphere, and are designed to protect their contents until detonation % G5 W6 X" f" _3 b4 N! G: iat their targets. ( r$ Z2 N" A; Q! i6 A8 j: d(2) That part of a space vehicle designed to re-enter the Earth’s atmosphere$ r% p" ]7 l, v% c/ C$ Z: {) S7 |7 P/ \ n the terminal portion of its trajectory. : Y& G; k W/ m& O" k4 DRegional Defense + Z+ i' d4 W2 C( N" |0 aSystem (RDS)' _* Q1 ^( g8 j9 s) n6 K0 \, R9 F0 \ That portion of the SDS that provides defense for a specific geographic region,& z+ W" [1 G. h! S" H such as the European Theater. 4 H( R o) C" S: t" c. B3 T) FRegional % R+ |. v: e9 ]. Q. O; I% zOperations 0 ?+ W8 i+ m; l) lCenter (ROC)* Y$ I" o# m/ A A group of fixed and/or mobile centers with OPCON over allocated ground based: o9 @1 W5 ^4 f2 V" L sensors and weapons. , Z, A* e/ Q9 J* `MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R ; \: o6 L- b4 h+ [2462 F6 y& V2 s: E' o: n( L8 c. @5 r Regional : l# X2 y8 ~# zOperations4 [: T. ^( h% _6 W" E5 S) J Control Center ( {" x7 v. o8 [# |& ^5 B( v" D/ Q(ROCC) 5 g* B% @% D5 t* s5 P, OThe command function for CONUS, Canadian and Alaska NORAD Regions, " f1 i$ n. o* Y7 l& ~+ t4 ?0 G9 t2 ~referred to as “regions.” In the Alaska NORAD region, the ROCC is also the 1 i, J; v2 Q$ s% Fcentral intelligence, communications and operations control center established7 z) q! p& s; q for the purpose of supervising and coordinating the combat effort of all air9 k7 d* d+ i0 Q( U. R defense forces made available to the Alaska NORAD region commander. Under; |- ?. t% I s' r6 }0 q; k% y normal operating conditions (not degraded), the ROCC is responsible for the " e4 C% g1 O, X4 Hidentification function and for air and ballistic missile defense of North America.9 N( i, l4 M, c1 s4 c- f Regrade To determine that certain classified information requires, in the interests of+ |/ o6 \* ^* {2 O/ T national security, a higher or lower degree of protection against unauthorized0 K- U$ O$ N; p/ e- z8 E% U: k disclosure than currently provided, coupled with a changing of the classification2 z( m5 @% x$ k. \- A designation to reflect such higher or lower degree.6 a) ?! o+ i; J: h$ O REL NAV Relative Navigation (JTIDS term). _3 Q5 p; _% b3 i: f8 i% [9 eRelay Mirror Part of a ground-based laser system.

使用道具 举报

97#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:49 |只看该作者
Reliability and& V0 L# P+ v. C L- S Maintainability C& }6 ?& D- E9 h& n (R&M) + f! {+ n3 w I4 B o2 f& zReliability and maintainability design parameters are key factors in the design of6 u. k1 H0 `; U2 u' o) E5 x: [ affordable and supportable systems. R&M parameters provide inputs into the D5 {; d s! P% s+ r6 Y0 Odesign and LSA processes that quantitatively link system readiness to the ILS6 V; Z8 r7 z( ?& r# l& W$ I elements. One of the principal elements of ILS. - A6 a& w# R- A U) QReliability, 7 |4 X t: g& s; z1 } H# z- H, ^Availability, and 8 @' g! A2 f4 ]" W1 d9 R/ |Maintainability ! w4 U4 }- I3 B3 f(RAM) 8 w5 {0 j6 g& o1 j+ D& vThose requirements imposed on acquisition systems to ensure they are. V0 t0 K' P4 D' X" r: s+ t" j' w operationally ready for use when needed, will successfully perform assigned) k! ?; J! E, D. z& Y* ? functions, and can be economically operated and maintained within the scope of! c0 O8 M& t3 q7 I2 Q- k6 l' u logistics concepts and policies. RAM programs are applicable to materiel % r8 C q8 z T9 D' Q( e6 P8 esystems, test measurement and diagnostic equipment, training devices, and % U: A7 }/ a4 }1 ^) H4 hfacilities developed, produced, maintained, procured, or modified for use. (See . f! E; Y$ E/ j9 ^; Kindividual definitions for Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability.)4 t5 m/ ^" D4 N0 F" @- ]. l REM Roentgen Equivalent Man.* b+ r1 T2 l+ p) @ y Remotely Piloted 6 Y0 _6 ~; O+ _8 ]% kVehicle (RPV) : V3 g- w" j0 G6 L0 fAn unmanned vehicle capable of being controlled from a distant location through " p7 q% D% c$ Q( S; T$ b: sa communication link. It is normally designed to be recoverable. See also : P# d% L/ O" L, z2 hDrone. I6 u& d; a3 o8 mRepairability The probability that a failed system will be restored to operable condition within a 1 `; ] ^% n- \specified active repair time. & {# I: p; c% v2 eRepeater-1 C" A* Q. _9 S' W3 X# K- w1 Z% z Jammer6 [' Q# a4 b$ \4 B A receiver transmitter device that amplifies, multiplies and retransmits the signals, ~5 q4 b3 ^. z& h( z9 g received, for purposes of deception or jamming.: b4 D' b& T- J5 s* [ Report Back Information returned from system elements that verify that directions have been : X1 k w* B1 Creceived and carried out. Also includes information regarding system3 |3 c9 \, I* M& x2 ~7 \4 u0 d effectiveness. ' i! L: ~* \* mReprogrammable n- S4 q& {( _- kTime, i0 _ p2 H$ J6 g+ u( m0 C5 D& g* O Time required to re-target an alert missile. . n2 m# U; V! a4 J3 j' [' c) K) uReprogramming The transfer of funds between program element and line items within an& P/ f4 v+ Y* b/ L; f- y appropriation for purposes other than those contemplated at the time of , _' u6 T8 I# I$ R% C: [7 S% [) ^appropriation. Appropriate congressional committees generally accomplish7 s/ ~3 w1 g1 j- r reprogramming pursuant to consultation with and approval.4 ^) ]2 k4 F8 u, ~) x8 q0 }% N' c- N8 c Request for 0 [5 o* W' j! EProposal (RFP)0 L8 k9 F# P0 G A solicitation used in negotiated acquisition to communicate government0 Q5 z0 ?0 [6 d3 W$ J5 S requirements to prospective contractors and to solicit proposals. % F* E5 p ?5 e, \* E- uMDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R ; K+ ~. E7 |' c+ `3 v, x2473 }' i: l* o+ z. d% p) ^% E5 | Request for ' B; Q+ b% U$ z' y4 ]Quotation * u' x0 P+ E5 }4 Q& w$ R( {A solicitation used in negotiated acquisition to communicate government 6 S: R* G% d8 _7 t0 s- n" ?requirements to prospective contractors and to solicit a quotation. A response to a) f8 |2 K6 M8 z' E an RFQ is not an offer. It is informational in character.9 }% v$ m7 B( a! Z% `" K& j5 N- m Required / P- t. J$ J2 U2 c& q2 Z" {Operational - a) S; W( E0 x2 s- H) SCapability (ROC)2 l' Y$ }0 N. e ] OBSOLETE. A document stating need and specific operational capability. , I x1 X. N+ ^Replaced by the Operational Requirements Document (Army, USMC). , w2 V; R8 t3 N, T2 y# N0 A6 EOperational Requirements Document. 4 p H' }; ]( o1 M1 Y0 G$ b+ LRequired+ M8 n+ A* I& \1 z# h8 h Operational: x0 F" l3 a$ r* D: b! M* T" y Characteristics; c) i& S9 W9 }& t( u0 |) F$ s! u System parameters that are primary indicators of the system’s capability to be! s/ x A3 J& z2 e7 c4 N employed to perform the required mission functions, and to be supported. ' ~% m0 q- F, A/ MRequired + D! U6 `" l( U: ETechnical$ ~; ]/ c8 h \; m Characteristics 5 i- A8 W, i# }' BQuantitative system performance parameters, approved by the DoD Component,% U" s) j( [3 u5 U that are selected as primary indicators of technical achievement of engineering. K3 q1 b/ g- P: z thresholds. These might not be direct measures of, but should always relate to,5 R; \. T; `: g1 j$ ? a system's capability to perform its required mission function and to be * w- W2 o# d7 W' r& a2 e7 t+ msupported. Required technical characteristics are usually tested and evaluated / R: E- B, D W2 a; s- lby developmental testing and evaluation (DT&E) to ascertain achievement of) v0 f& y. f3 [* K approved goals and thresholds for these characteristics. Critical technical ; B5 c# A; a8 B/ V e2 Qcharacteristics selected for a DAB program baseline are reviewed and further$ B7 o, m" e5 j. U# Z# S, p approved through the DAB process. " n( ?$ V& u3 }0 nRequirements , Y+ G P0 h8 Y @& tAnalysis 4 Q s+ D- Q) p/ T. pAn analysis to determine and document the need for resources to perform the : E$ Z- t) K4 p8 ~& a7 [agency’s mission.0 u4 g( B3 ^ u E Requirements ' p+ t/ \- X- y1 I: A! m: @Document9 ^% m, o+ m* v- F# k, M* W A document that sets forth the requirements for a system or system component; 3 A1 \! z! _! @6 j% Y: y3 w* cfor example, a software configuration item. Typically included are functional0 P/ t( f( n* ]4 s requirements, performance requirements, interface requirements, design! Z# e( f0 }$ ^8 g/ `1 A3 S requirements, and development standards. 0 b" t7 C+ K- q' j, ~RES (1) Remote Engagement Section (HAWK TBM weapons system term).7 g v4 Y" f: ] (2) Resolution.3 r$ x; }5 l' \ RESA Research, Evaluation, and Systems Analysis simulation facility (USN), San Diego,( P( c& Z7 J: U& G9 R9 O' s CA. $ v+ r! H E: T5 HRescission An action by the President canceling budget authority previously appropriated W" r8 {+ M! x5 a$ ~ but not yet obligated or spent. If both Houses of Congress do not approve the 2 J' I+ D3 d9 }proposed rescission within 45 days, the President must obligate the BA as% {& A) k4 u! }2 S' ?2 k- v3 z# t( |* S intended by Congress.( B. e @" {& j) E Research and5 | o" O' t/ u7 f8 v: ? Development2 N+ \2 n# v4 A, {$ D6 H, ~, [0 P Costs8 R7 \) X+ O* l1 R9 C Those program costs primarily associated with R&D efforts including the1 Y4 S* y$ U* x" M development of a new or improved capability to the point where it is ready for " x. V9 |5 |$ E9 Nuse. They include equipment costs funded under RDT&E appropriations and 6 G3 T+ m/ R& Z7 @* prelated military construction appropriation costs. They exclude costs that appear+ J' L3 V2 Z8 K+ S2 ?$ o in the military personnel, operation and maintenance, and procurement $ h& g# j4 s) d! ?$ H% Dappropriations. 5 u1 `; N* W, aResearch, . i- r" `2 W$ m1 ~) J0 V* gDevelopment,/ o4 l C. Q3 ]% C- o- N v Test, and- s* ?$ u. L2 ?! K- I. S Evaluation2 s- Q3 Y3 B# d8 f ?, }- |1 w (RDT&E) + H% ?5 I" D# A$ g) oActivities for the development of a new system that include basic and exploratory/ y' s8 C3 U, } research, advanced and engineering development, development and9 a/ ]2 A) O# X; o o9 } operational testing and the evaluation of test results. Also, an appropriation " A& i$ o. D& C3 B) k- ]5 n5 s4 mcategory that includes funds allocated to the FYDP major force program 6. # b% A" V z; u( l2 `- {. H) t4 |(Defense Systems Management College) t! [1 ^) _ q$ aResident Space! ~* _2 W8 q! r Object (RSO)7 f- i8 v) I% i9 ]2 A L: w The Cheyenne Mountain Complex maintains object, which is currently on-orbit * R: t$ k# L# G; {$ ~2 t+ ?+ _1 Eand whose element set parameters.7 ~0 |2 R6 v' s* [0 L8 w MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R 0 B" X& o% K) r- I4 t$ H2484 d: g* i9 n9 ~, J8 \- Z6 d( @ RESOL Resolution. / J/ D- `8 Q: U/ n1 t/ Z1 QResolution (1) The ability of a sensor to measure the separation of an image into its2 \7 Y8 T1 j' X& j$ C; e constituent objects so that single objects are visible and distinguishable. . f- w; @' H) u(2) A measurement of the smallest detail that can be distinguished by a . U' i7 h+ A: wsensor system under specific conditions.8 Z2 z7 q( T& E. f8 }: z Response Plan& y9 x0 ?! T3 w0 W5 S& ` Selection ( [# j, D3 G3 X0 VThe continual comparison of the nature of the observed threat with the defense' g# { P& ~6 B+ H P x p system capabilities and selects the best way to attack the threat in accordance d# f" n3 b# V4 ewith established priorities and specified strategy.. L9 R. `& y. L Responsive! ]+ T: i6 `; I2 X Threat 9 K0 b& c% q2 iThe threat after taking into account modernization and countermeasures , E! [' v, W& N, z% tintroduced to offset the capabilities of the SDS. w. o8 ? g1 r. p& Q; gRestitution The process of determining the true planimetric position of objects whose images$ b K) ~. v2 m* |/ a+ U appear on photographs.& R3 p* Y! p* m1 t' G, I Retrofit Action Action taken to modify in-service equipment. ; f" f1 f4 s2 I9 T2 nRetrograde Orbit An orbit having inclination of 0 to 90 degrees (See Prograde Orbit). ?. f9 ]0 ?% N, |( |1 `4 B Reverse . y% U. w6 V; Y3 t; VEngineering. F" Y# }2 }6 `. I+ L! \ The process of analyzing a computer system’s software to identify components7 b, P0 ]" u5 i d# G and their interrelationships.4 ~1 @' x" m1 k! { \) a REVIC Revised Enhanced Version of Intermediate COCOMO (Computer term)., g$ Z! B) x. F+ f, a# }2 Y& V* Q Revisit Interval The time that elapses between successive observations of an object from a ! }4 M; p' b. |single sensor.

使用道具 举报

98#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:18:59 |只看该作者
RF (1) Radio Frequency. (2) Response Force.& M- ]+ _0 J1 x, G3 k1 X' q RFFEL Radio Frequency Linac.0 {' c- E9 a+ f7 M RFI (1) Request for Issue. (2) Request for Information. (3) Radio Frequency7 O$ j3 o& w# g+ z/ F Interference. 0 E: @$ N! v4 b5 N- ]5 E: TRFL Radio Frequency Linac.5 b5 X1 ]4 k# D. i, M: l" [ RFLINAC Radio Frequency Linear Accelerator. 0 D Z/ O6 q5 Z( S6 L8 Q/ U, A" tRFOG Resonant Fiber Optic Gyro. 1 H. F% R3 G% T9 d3 Q; ^5 c/ ?RFP Request for Proposal. . i k: B' C' ZRFQ Radio Frequency Quadrupole (Accelerator). + [1 ]+ A1 d9 [$ O4 N5 tRG (1) Rail Gun. (2) Review Group./ w1 g# D8 p" w2 J8 q RGB Red, Green, Blue (Video Engineering term).7 w+ `0 v& S, _6 H" t RH Radiation Hardened./ E. l# R( t; P6 ]$ G D RH Electronics Radiation Hardened Electronics. 7 ^- [$ A ^) vRHD Radiation Hardened Electronics. . z5 ]3 J" [$ H$ x! X3 Z9 \MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R ( d7 e; f* a( U4 Z249 , M% i3 E' K, [; c2 URHETT II (1) Russian Half Effect Thruster Technology Program. # Q n/ H ?, i1 y1 Y. C8 d(2) Russian Hall Electric Thruster Test. t1 N" V0 u( q, |. L6 O% b3 V Ri Inherent Reliability., @( M. s6 T$ x" B% g7 e RIA Range Insensitive Axes. ; G, s$ [* k3 N4 FRIBIT Reverse Illuminated Blocked Impurity Transducer.' r1 j2 |8 V+ p RICBM Retro Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.7 G9 L4 P; o& O8 w( y RIIA Royal Institute of International Affairs (UK). # |+ {- z4 u/ H; m7 V8 I5 NRIL Repair Items List (ILS term).8 \2 m6 @: M3 |; q; i RINT Unintentional Radiation Intelligence. 3 h/ O+ k1 N3 ]- |4 F9 ORIS Radar Instruction Set Computer. 1 H5 O* w- S4 p! f% E0 S& P" j# uRISC Reduced Instruction Set Computers. $ \' c: n a% q/ S6 p3 vRISCAE RISC Ada Environment.+ D( v* ]# y) x0 ~' l- ?. r# ^- U Risk Approval 8 ^; m5 W0 X& \Authority (RAA) t( m' @: W" E9 @% r2 O1 M An individual designated by the Director, MDA who makes risk acceptance; }0 a8 u( B3 O decisions. The RAA evaluates trade-offs between threats and such factors as1 F$ r2 H( f' [5 v2 Y: f cost, security, survivability, and safety to achieve a functionally operational, 1 s# m0 U3 f' D# Z1 Saffordable, and secure system.+ y7 J$ `# F. W: B! I% ] Risk Assessment The process of subjectively determining the probability that a specific interplay of . W& Y! n. h9 d2 j6 d# lperformance, schedule, and cost as an objective, will or will not be attained% W/ N4 ?( c+ ]; H1 y0 A$ |. H* f+ g along the planned course of action. (Defense Systems Management College) . V! x. R) t/ X0 V5 l9 WRISTA Reconnaissance, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition. 9 u& ^8 a: H$ q, NRIU Range Interface Unit. ' M( Z Q) {% D+ x6 h. [- dRivet Joint RC-135 reconnaissance aircraft.1 L# w8 w: N8 N7 s. L RIVET JOINT Name of USAF Reconnaissance project. 9 m0 J% x5 N$ D0 _. n$ ARIW Reliability Incentive Warranty. f Z; s0 S Y4 x* `# j5 d' x! ^ RL Rome Laboratory, Griffiss Business and Technology Park, NY. (Formerly called / J- R4 |4 E! eRome Air Development Center.) ) x9 G$ Q Q& y6 j: @RLA Repair of Level Analysis (ILS term). 7 z3 \8 v, t& d. IRLG Ring Laser Gyro.0 e- U$ w- ]9 V: p2 I# } RLRIU Routing Logic Radio Interface Unit (PATRIOT).: Q( V# v e* ?0 B* Y3 c( M4 t RLRIU-U Routing Logic Radio Interface Unit – Upgrade (USA term).) m6 D+ A& \, [% }) e Rm Mission Reliability (ILS term). / P7 m6 y, ?( k/ _RM Radioman (USN term). . W7 [; S) d6 `4 r ^MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R9 s% z6 e" O" {% m% |3 E& O+ n 2509 K; m$ u1 k) a& `+ r+ U+ v( N RMA (1) Reliability, Maintainability and Availability (see RAM) (ILS term).' p9 e' y, ] G6 H. @) D (2) Revolution in Military Affairs (OSD term).2 S: r: h a1 s RMCET Resource Management Concurrent Engineering Team. , H! N: Z5 P' ]/ X% k' c9 @RME (1) Relay Mirror Experiment (a satellite launched February 1990 and which3 k2 x0 B0 Q2 T/ U* {6 h& V2 G reentered the atmosphere in May 1993). (2) Remote Multiplexer Encoder. ! n, j" D: y5 N+ r+ R7 E9 URMI Republic of the Marshall Islands. 1 c P) |5 x/ j0 _! j3 h WRMO Reflectivity. ( m" ?$ I/ o, r$ A0 {7 w! N* WRMP Risk Management Plan. 5 w0 ]9 o5 D) y) d+ K% i; KRMS (1) Remote Manipulator System. (2) Root Mean Square.! j. C; x K! \" p" X7 ?( G RNAS REL NAV Analytic Simulator (JTIDS term).: t/ j6 m, S0 N RNLAF Royal Netherlands Air Force.$ ?! q3 L+ G! d) c RNLN Royal Netherlands Navy. ( |/ [+ v% S& f# J; cROB Remote Operating Base. $ A) e3 g. _2 d7 jROBS Rapid Optical Beam Steering (system).) w! F! {# g. p5 Y Robust Used in describing a system; indicates its ability to endure and perform its ) K- w5 z# A' J9 {mission against a responsive threat. Also used to indicate system ability to2 N8 ]4 N8 U6 x# i, ^ survive under direct attack. " r; r9 ]( B! }* }- x1 b! sRobustness (1) The ability to produce correct results despite input errors. & }. n6 O+ {/ {4 s9 W( q(2) The existence of coordinated, multiple capabilities that perform the same : v/ Y$ P% d3 f, o. a- w6 f* Ibroad task/mission. Provides the BMD warfighter with sufficient flexibility & T: g% f" w+ k( ? ~" Hto negate the specified threat with application of a variable mix of ground% @) f- x9 r2 I2 C1 Y- s. R& ? and space-based systems. (USSPACECOM)2 ]* Y K b4 M7 [" N3 A ROC (1) Regional Operations Center. (2) Required Operational Capability. 1 H/ h' ?( V& ]% Q5 Z4 N6 NROCC Regional Operations Control Center., P. N9 c) _2 u9 y; f& ?: g ROD Record of Decision.: k! J$ s8 F/ G( s ROE Rules of Engagement.' ^% y3 c( O- q6 r9 [, i ROF Rate of Fire 4 Q. ]8 H# ^5 vROI Return on Investment.* q2 X9 [" S# R! ~+ x ROK Republic of Korea.4 ]% o4 `, m+ v2 i( O ROM Rough Order of Magnitude ( W/ l7 [: t2 G" w6 F; |ROOM Real-time Object-Oriented Methodology. ) d5 }4 r; c- [( G# A! { }RORSAT Radar Ocean Reconnaissance Satellite. $ J; U& D* P/ ^% ^8 F6 sROV Remotely Operated Vehicle.( p( `) \( V+ {. J, a MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R u4 w; l% r5 W' o 251 # Y% Q: k* D: @& uROW Rest-of-World. ; h; w2 f$ C0 u2 v+ fRP (1) Repetitive Pulse. (2) Readiness Posture. 3 F. C- r/ L) J' O! MRP&C Resource Planning and Coordination.1 `% M4 c5 F: O. k# ?, C! V RPAC Resource Performance Analysis Center. 9 O# W6 V0 K: d5 Q6 M+ Q$ ^RPIE Real Property Installed Equipment.' F! x# H z/ c% N8 | rpm Revolutions per minute. 8 n! R- {; w7 T0 a2 U; ]+ VRPV Remotely Piloted Vehicle.+ [; J) Z0 F( W% i! |! I3 \. _ Rqmt Requirement." R! C! ]7 l5 f% j% m+ W RQMTS Requirements. a9 p* Z$ C; g4 y. ?' h- vRQn Review Question (AFMC term)." M( y# k3 {( L/ Q RRDI Range Resolved Doppler Imagining! I; U- d/ k! q9 ^ RRFD Risk Reduction Flight Demonstration. ! ]+ r4 Q9 p6 u9 \+ N- K1 `RRG Requirements Review Group. V& R2 _# i" d+ s, C RS Radar Set (PATRIOT).

使用道具 举报

99#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:19:09 |只看该作者
RSA Russian Space Agency. 8 J: z( ^, f$ L/ S, ~RSI Rationalization, Standardization, and Interoperability.6 q, n" }2 q, V) ^1 h0 |: v RSIP Radar System Improvement Program. ; _% G- M0 c% K. [' JRSO Resident Space Object.$ |. Q; Y& F" F3 E5 n) { RSOI Reception, Staging, Operation and force Integration (Joint Forces term). * L+ h5 P& M- ?6 {: Y# e0 [4 bRSRE Royal Signal and Radar Establishment (UK). 3 V h' I6 Y! Y4 o( C; Q7 ZRST Radar System Test (THAAD-GBR) 4 t( l' L: b, z* W9 p* L1 fRSTA Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition. 2 J' V* U4 P V2 t7 D! Q$ `RSTER Radar Surveillance Technology Experimental Radar (UHF).2 Z* s d o) ~8 K" e: [4 J RSU Remote Switching Unit.) [1 J% {) Q: @: t) F4 A3 k4 n6 H* t% T( J RSV Re-supply vehicle. ( w7 X3 J% U" k8 _9 V; {9 V# f# wRT (1) Relocation Time (ILS term). (2) Repair Task Distribution (ILS term). 6 {7 g% y5 I" K: `RTC Report to Congress. 9 c7 O+ q: j$ \* J' C; hRTCA Real Time Casualty Assessment (US Army term). ) K4 ]: J4 i9 y& fRTD Radar Technology Demonstration.3 J/ f6 ^$ T9 W ], |! W MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 R3 C2 M5 Y3 U1 B( E. K' x 252: [3 ]+ b6 O9 E* I+ D RTF Release To Fleet (USN term).7 v% M& a( B! T8 c! n; F) x RTG Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator. . z0 a' F- W- g+ i( ?RTIM Radar Technology Identification Methodology.- [, C8 _+ e, Q/ I' k) N RTO Responsible Test Organization. " s1 i, M p' P8 h" LRTOV Real Time Operational Verification. ! |; P$ {5 c8 U2 ]6 GRTOVF Real Time Operational Verification Facility (US Army term).0 j5 N$ I8 x: p RTS (1) Request To Send (Telecomm/Computer term). (2) Remote Tracking Station.7 e; p0 f( J6 k RTWP Real Time Wave form Processor (Advanced Technology Demonstration Radar; v7 Z5 |) Q$ J/ b' `5 w term). e2 {3 \" v# n( |9 H6 H Rules of; J# j! w8 j( f. R# l Engagement . h5 G& {, V! Y5 k(ROE) 7 _% V6 j% z7 x Y. b- f! A k9 tDirectives issued by competent military authority which delineate the 0 m, T& H9 S. ~) }& q& ^! bcircumstances and limitations under which United States forces will initiate and/or $ q1 a d( i6 N6 [* T) @, fcontinue combat engagement with other forces encountered. 2 M# q1 U) R$ F z6 fRUPS Resource User ID and Password System.2 l( U" M9 Q3 X RUSI Royal United Services Institute (UK). 1 j' N) P) _3 A. E# F6 p2 [& [9 rRV See Reentry Vehicle. % z, g1 S j. ]RV Complex A reentry vehicle and its associated objects. " R2 E& }7 Z7 ?* {3 H! C, b7 yRV Temperature The temperature of the heat given off by the RV that allows sensors to acquire' H% h& {4 i/ p B them.- I) c4 j2 A3 o; b Y6 h% K RVAO Reentry Vehicle Associated Objects. ( j; Q1 l9 h* w2 t% r: QRvw Review. 3 n- G5 X5 _3 r, x2 `3 Q3 `RW (1) Radiological Weapon. (2) Rotary Wing. ! p6 ?/ z" E: V+ }) P/ H0 w4 T+ URWPD Real Time Waveform Processing Demonstration.' U5 \) T8 m+ z- Q7 D w# |: F RWR Radar Warning Receiver.. {" q* g% g5 g$ W' K. A7 W3 [/ D% h RWS Remote Workstation.' h& V; C. w: T9 k RX (1) Receive. (2) Receiver.& k/ ~& x$ S* E8 y2 |. g+ \ MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S9 ]6 d/ V/ x9 [, A! G Y 253) `; u5 K" Q ]3 |& K$ a S Start. 1 Z) t4 z8 N0 fS&A Safe and Arm. ' s& l' G$ f% x3 N% U0 ^* CS&T Science and Technology. ( N& P. ?, ` _& a# WS&TI Scientific and Technical Intelligence. + o3 O5 C7 } yS&TNF Strategic and Theater Nuclear Forces.2 A) ?; C' I7 A6 p S/N (1) Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Also called SNR). (2) Serial Number.' M3 Y* I# D( n( ]) h9 Z' k S/NF Secret/No Foreign Security Marking.- {% C' W/ K' g* E& Z' o S/O Survivability/Operability. # J% G; U' C2 w& w# nS/SU/AC Systems/System Upgrade/Advanced Concept.+ C, i, \7 E9 s# d6 u$ c S/T Search/Track.) s1 A. o' m* K6 G. t S/V Survivability and Vulnerability. : B1 I7 ~ _0 a: }% lS/W Software. ) @, v( @1 H ]# n, l5 |S2 Synchronized and Synergized. & y8 E, P2 w; _6 GS3 E Space-Based KEW System Simulator/Emulator. - [( i# d: y2 ~) o9 Y! mSA (1) Situation Awareness 4 k% I6 |7 E# p. U(2) Secretary of the Army." u. E3 u3 u1 C. ` SA&I System Architecture and Integration.4 o+ a4 @! I( V7 k/ z) Z SA-N Surface-to-Air, Naval. 6 `* w2 s' L/ {9 J3 ESA/BM OBSOLETE. Systems Analysis/Battle Management.' D3 G3 z8 R! `; ^8 B' k SA/PDL Strategic Defense Ada Process Description Language.7 d) _% c0 _, D+ A1 Y SAAWC Sector Anti-Air Warfare Coordinator (USMC). 1 e) F3 d: r& ]: C$ gSAAWF Sector Anti-Air Warfare Facility (USF term).: u# O: P& i9 a8 j SABRS Space and Atmospheric Burst Reporting System.- W: s: d4 e: N SAC (1) OBSOLETE. Strategic Air Command (see USSTRATCOM). ! a5 E) n8 m0 f(2) Senate Appropriations Committee (US).3 F" X6 `/ Y8 @" e) i SACCS SAC Control System.0 Q. V/ P' j" P Q$ u SACEUR Supreme Allied Command, Europe. ' N( {* X% z) n7 u5 r9 B" k# @ SSACLANT Supreme Allied Command, Atlantic. , s" @, e8 N* D/ a7 VSACMA Suppliers of Advanced Composite Materials Association. , i2 N: P' k+ R" e( [/ e8 o1 NSADA Standard Advanced Dewar Assembly.* h3 H! B( j6 S. s7 m6 b( o MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S. y/ n+ ^, S) m- r( g6 {: W" ` 254 " C+ C# f- j* K" X; ASADBU Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (of OSD).' T4 l. r1 p9 z& }! R f, T SADM System Acquisition Decision Memorandum (Army).# {2 \8 ?5 R3 s SADO Senior Operations Duty Officer (JFACC term). $ V# Y# k3 x5 `+ S2 j2 ~/ X P4 wSAE Service Acquisition Executive. : l/ |9 m# v8 e2 q6 }SAFEGUARD A U.S. midcourse and terminal phase defense for ICBMs, deployed in 1975 and ; n, }7 Q, z/ j+ J b Hdeactivated in 1976 due to its limited cost effectiveness.- J/ q' R2 [1 |' B' e [3 g' J SAFSCOM OBSOLETE. SAFEGUARD System Command. I6 w, \# w. @( L, [- F SAG Senior Advisory Group. 5 u2 h* ]/ k- D$ |/ GSAGE Semi-Automatic Ground Environment {Air Defense System}.% [' P5 h/ u% N1 J SAH Semi-active homing. ! c! ~* }* \* B" X" k$ qSAIC Scientific Applications International Corporation.8 l0 G, Z' l# a l2 H6 K Saint A satellite inspector system designed to demonstrate the feasibility of2 ?7 Z: q' C8 S8 }7 \ intercepting, inspecting, and reporting on the characteristics of satellites in orbit.6 \( E2 O6 e; u SAINT (1) Satellite Interceptor. (2) Shared Adaptive Internet Technology. / D- i Y5 A: h+ _6 P* b/ u6 g# fSAIP Semi-Automated Imagery Processing. 1 c. T3 |5 A/ R3 s1 p, [" wSAKT System Architecture and Key Tradeoffs (SDIO term).8 f6 L# _0 Z1 h) b" h1 ^3 T SAL Strategic Arms Limitation. 6 P# H$ I6 V* ^/ h% G' S8 VSALT Strategic Arms Limitation Talks.5 D% p7 V' _+ E7 x6 R, H Salvage Fusing The means by which a warhead detonates when an interceptor structurally5 G& s- w E3 b& ?) x/ \% O# a* E attacks it. Generally used as a device for disruption of the defense. ' a/ a6 s# w! e5 }, H* W9 o2 VSAM Surface-to-Air Missile.! w3 p; E( i7 B8 F% a SAM-D Surface to-Air Missile, Model D (now PATRIOT).( `% i/ X5 k o$ K: f3 y SAMD Security Assistance Management Division. 5 T% k' K6 ?1 Q! T8 ~3 Y* ?1 N& W4 OSAMM Software Acquisition Maturity Matrix. 0 D% `: T [' o& h6 GSAMMES Space Active Modular Materials Experiment.

使用道具 举报

100#
发表于 2008-12-25 20:19:20 |只看该作者
SAMOPA Single Accelerator Master Oscillator-Power Amplifier.6 d# M* }* Q3 z8 O7 C' l, ^9 ] SAMOS Satellite and Missile Observation System. : r% O, d( v5 A: eSAMP (1) Single Acquisition Management Plan. & ^! v3 G0 ~: s1 ?, e8 d" ~; M- ?/ p(2) Security Accreditation Management Plan. e0 b$ J( d7 k I: O h) R7 QSAMP/T Sol-Air Moyenne Portee/Terre (Surface-Air Medium Portable/Terrestrial – French-# `8 o1 R* U- n3 [/ Z" q Italian missile)./ U: t, b* B" @+ V( K6 ]3 K) |2 Q% g MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S " A4 D. o9 F0 Q2 @255 " K% E: P4 o' wSAMS Spacecraft Assembly, Maintenance and Servicing Study. # y: q' x$ t; |# C8 G8 Z3 c, o: ESAMTEC OBSOLETE. Space and Missile Systems Test Center, Vandenberg AFB, CA. 3 v u, C2 [9 ASAMTO OBSOLETE. Space and Missile Test Organization, Vandenberg AFB, CA. ; @7 w U5 D8 u+ |* f2 e( L# zSAO Security Assistance Organization. 9 w% H$ L- {' w6 @6 @SAP Special Access Program.7 A- [$ E! O: c0 D! j9 p$ I SAR (1) Synthetic Aperture Radar. 1 s$ Q+ d2 A- {3 _- n3 D' d8 O8 a& E(2) Selected Acquisition Report.+ [: B9 b8 s( Y. Y2 K (3) Special Access Required. 7 u! G" @ c" k(4) Search and Rescue. 1 J0 W% E% h5 ?# W+ YSARDA [Assistant] Secretary of the Army for Research, Development and Acquisition.. p( b( G: b3 }1 T SAS (1) Shoot-Assess-Shoot. (2) System Architecture Study (SDI).- P, R; |7 N0 h; o SASC Senate Arms Service Committee. (US). 8 N3 d t; X( I' _8 J: o# P6 aSASET Software Architecture Sizing and Estimating Tool.1 U% }% I, K5 Z SASS Space Assets Support System. ) q9 K: x" ]/ E% N( P5 u$ T8 [SAT Surveillance, Acquisition and Tracking. + r, J/ \" A! j+ A1 kSATAN Security Administrator’s Tool for Analyzing Networks. * J X0 E" v/ r! ~* A _SATCOM Satellite Communications. 8 c! {* m+ U _" G: y. W/ s- Q0 N5 pSatellite and& J1 }: x- H- _$ b& q9 h" t0 n Missile5 R, v5 q) C* | O Surveillance . K9 E5 b1 b4 y- @4 _+ X; mThe systematic observation of aerospace for the purpose of detecting, tracking, 6 _% Y% v$ @! P+ ~) a! ]and characterizing objects, events, and phenomena associated with satellites4 A) K1 w$ R' d and in-flight missiles, both friendly and enemy. 8 Z7 G3 g/ Z1 g5 g; O' Q$ f- xSatellite ) Q, y: l8 x3 |8 HReconnaissance 0 z+ V9 H4 D2 t4 [& `Intelligence gathered through collection systems involved in assessing the3 C5 b9 o% `; [2 [' t6 W capabilities, methods of operation, signal intercept, photo reconnaissance, and4 d; u+ c: @, [4 k. x$ B other intelligence indications and warnings that will provide information for SDS( Y9 e2 t$ D0 ?- ]: H# B assets.& W; I4 }+ f3 ~% Q/ O: G+ D8 I SATKA Surveillance, Acquisition, Tracking, and Kill Assessment. $ B* \8 T+ O" j( ~' OSATP Space Applications Technology Program. & E6 p$ G4 W' R. I- f3 ?, [SATRAK Satellite Tracking. ' A0 s2 v- Q$ Z2 o/ o! M2 uSATURN Name of NASA rocket booster. * I/ T1 {! c1 Y7 k9 [' P O2 OSATVUL Satellite Vulnerability. 2 `" A% k, _' U c! H7 p# ASAW (1) Surface Acoustic Wave. (2) Satellite Attack Warning. & V" ^' v6 I8 vSAW/V Satellite Attack Warning and Verification./ O9 u ~$ ^6 o SAWAFE Satellite Attack Warning and Assessment Flight Experiment.. ?7 d! G( r/ t2 T; i5 w SBA (1) Space-Based Assets. (2) Small Business Administration.: _9 p+ }3 o* W F2 ? MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S# o6 H& E: P8 Z( s 256/ y- I; `( g7 K5 m# e7 W- b0 ] SBAMS Space-Based Anti-Missile System.4 B! T* u l$ K; { SBAS (1) Space-Based Architecture Study. (2) Space-Based Acquisition System.2 |- @5 }/ t: P SBCL Space-Based Chemical Laser.$ u ] d- t! s0 Q/ m1 ]8 W) @ SBD Site BMC3 Demonstration.' `4 q m6 N% N, G SBE (1) Space Based Element. (2) Synthetic Battlefield Environment. $ w# m( W( _8 @SBES Space-Based Experimental System.* e3 J" ~) W) g SBEV Space-Based Experimental Version.! G. W( f9 t1 R SBFEL Space-Based Free Electron Laser." I, C* k; o" ^- ? SBHE Space-Based Hypervelocity Gun Experiment. 1 M) Y" c* ~0 mSBHRG Space-Based Hypervelocity Rail Gun. 5 S: X6 X f1 o( vSBI (1) Space-Based Interceptor. (Replaced by Brilliant Pebbles (BP).) (2) Special6 c' {% t2 \! H5 z2 M1 V; ~ Background Investigation. * x+ p5 A! g0 @6 J5 R, O2 BSBI-CV OBSOLETE. Space-Based Interceptor - Carrier Vehicle. * n1 C5 q! Z2 ~% C1 dSBIR (1) Space-Based Infrared. (2) Small Business Innovative Research.$ A2 k$ g# M+ K9 N% D/ j SBIRS Space Based Infrared System.1 q0 R: a6 ~0 l/ V/ n SBIRS GEO SBIRS Geosynchronous Earth Orbit satellites.3 E( N& }5 q; i7 x1 F4 s SBIRS HEO SBIRS Infrared sensors hosted on satellites in Highly Elliptical Orbits. ) ^5 g/ t. m5 r* a) iSBIRS High SBIRS high altitude component consisting of four SBIRS GEO satellites and5 |! ^- W8 E/ j4 r& G; | infrared sensors on two HEO satellites.' `, }, _$ X* \9 f. c9 i SBIRS LEO SBIRS Low Earth Orbit Satellites.! L% L/ }# {/ A& b# z) f SBIRS Low SBIRS low altitude component consisting of SBIRS LEO satellites. The SBIRS + h& P9 t5 s) e/ P2 N/ RLow component will be designed to provide precision midcourse tracking and4 m3 `4 F( h2 h: L* |1 g' A discrimination data to support early interceptor commit, in-flight target updates, $ f; a: n7 W; p$ x0 N% C; Vand target object maps for a National Missile Defense architecture. The SBIRS5 ?! A- X* G* t# g' X' v7 u Low component will also support the other mission areas of the SBIR system.) y) U0 T. {9 Z! k& S5 \; e (Evolution of the Space and Missile Tracking System). / m! y/ h* p0 X# Q$ SSBIS (1) Space-Based Imaging Satellite. (2) Space-Based Interceptor System. 8 n$ O1 M. C0 T/ ~$ cSBKEW Space-Based Kinetic Energy Weapon.. L) W! V: f5 n8 r; _6 V SBKKV OBSOLETE. Space-Based Kinetic Kill Vehicle.; P& c- A( P- j ~9 i SBKV Space-Based Kill Vehicle./ E' U; M, }6 g6 I. ?6 F$ J SBL Space-Based Laser. $ w+ D: E. N9 l) f1 _SBLRD Space-Based Laser Readiness Demonstrator.: V( [) |+ W( J4 J( b0 _ MDA GLOSSARY, VER. 4.0 S * ^ }- B8 F, [+ ?0 r0 d257% ?6 v* s! |5 A# b# N8 a SBM (1) Space-Based Battle Manager. (2) Strategic Ballistic Missile. ! Y: W8 `$ _/ t$ B) u! }$ ESBNPB Space-Based Neutral Particle Beam.3 Q; p6 t( o4 p' d6 L SBNPBW Space-Based Neutral Particle Beam Weapon.0 J1 D- b' O' W' I8 ~- M8 R SBPB Space-Based Particle Beam. 8 s4 j4 L* D5 t+ ?$ z; nSBR Space-Based Radar. ( P5 L7 T( L* t0 Q' `% bSBRF Space-Based Radio Frequency.

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

Archiver|航空论坛 ( 渝ICP备10008336号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 12:51 , Processed in 0.046800 second(s), 9 queries .