找回密码
 注册
搜索
楼主: 帅哥
打印 上一主题 下一主题

即学即用商务英语 [复制链接]

11#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:19:57 |只看该作者
工作定额 ●接受工作 我必须完成工作定额。 I have to fulfill my quota. (我必须完成工作定额。) How far are you from fulfilling it? (还有多少?) *fulfill “完成”、 “实行”。 You must meet your quota this month. (你必须完成这个月的定额。) I won’t let you down. (我不会让你失望的。) *这里的meet指“完成(任务等)”、 “达到(目标等)”。quota意思是“分配额”、 “限额”。 *won’t是will not的缩写, 表示主张。let ... down “让……失望”。 I have to meet their expectations. (我必须实现他们的期望。) *这里的meet指“实现”、 “达成”、 “满足”。expectation指“预测”、 “估计”、 “希望”。 I have a quota to fulfill. I have to meet my quota. You have to reach your quota this month. *reach “达到(目标等)”。 It is crucial that you meet your quota this month. *crucial “决定性的”、 “非常重要的”。 那是你的工作。 Do I need to do all of this? (这全都得我来做吗?) That’s your job. (那是你的工作。) That’s what you’re here for. (那就是你在这儿要做的。) That’s your responsibility. *responsibility “责任”、 “职务”。 在你今天下班之前做完它。 When is this due? (这项工作什么时候要完成?) The job must be done before you leave today. (在你今天下班之前做完它。) *due “到期的”。 *must be done直译就是“必须被做”。leave “离开”。 The job must be finished before you go home. You need to finish that before you leave. 做完了你再回去。 Don’t leave till you finish this. (做完了你再回去。) Yes, sir. (好的。) *语气生硬地命令对方的说法。 I want this done before you leave. (我希望你在下班之前把这项工作做完。) *比较委婉的说法。 You can leave when you finish this. (干完了你就可以走了。) *最委婉的说法。 Stay till this is done. (没做完你就别走。) *语气最为生硬。 别跟我含糊! Finish it today. And I don't mean maybe! (今天做完它。别跟我含糊!) I’ll get on it right away. (我马上就做。) *mean “意味着”、 “意图”。直译是“我的意思不是说可能”。 I’m dead serious! (我是当真的!) *dead “完全”、 “绝对地”。 I’m serious about it. (我可是认真的。) 我得把这活儿干完。 Aren’t you ready to leave yet? (你还不准备回去吗?) I have to finish this work. (我得把这活儿干完。) *be ready to ... “准备好……”。yet “还”。 I have to get this work done. *done “做完”。 This work has to get finished. 不干完它我没法休息。 You’re working way too many hours. (你工作太长时间了。) I don't think I can relax until I finish this job. (不干完它我没法休息。) *way用来强调后面的too many hours, 表示“非常”、 “相当”。 *relax “缓解紧张”、 “放松”、 “休息”。until “直到……”。 I doubt I’ll be able to relax until I finish this job. *doubt “怀疑”。 After I finish this job, I’ll be able to relax. (干完这份工作, 我就可以休息了。) 今天我有很多事要做。 I have a lot of things to do today. (今天我有很多事要做。) You’re always busy, aren’t you? (你总是很忙, 是吧?) *thing “东西”、 “事情”、 “工作”。 I’m very busy today. (今天我非常忙。) I have too much to do today. 我的办公桌上堆了一堆的活儿。 There’s a pile of work on my desk. (我的办公桌上堆了一堆的活儿。) You’d better get started. (你最好马上就开始做。) *a pile of ... “堆积的”、 “大量的”。 *You’d是You had的缩写。had better “最好……”。 There’s a ton of work on my desk. *a ton of “大量的”。 There’s a lot of work on my desk. *a lot of “大量的”。 今天我有一堆文件要整理。 I have a lot of paperwork to do today. (今天我有一堆文件要整理。) Big deal! (大忙人啊!) *paperwork “文书工作”、 “书面工作”。 *Big deal! 习惯用语, 常用作反语, 表示“什么呀!”、 “这有什么!”、 “没什么!”。 I have a ton of paperwork to do today. *a ton of “大量的”。 There’s a lot of paperwork for me to get done today. (今天要处理的事情有很多。) 我得整理我的名片了。 I have to sort my business cards. (我得整理我的名片了。) Would you like a hand? (需要帮忙吗?) *sort “分类”、 “区分”。business card “(业务上用的)名片”。 *hand “人手”、 “帮助”。 I need to organize my business cards. *organize “整理”。 I need to get my business cards in order. *in order “秩序井然”。 我得查一下库存。 I have to take an inventory. (我得查一下库存。) Please do it later. (以后你再查。) *inventory “库存品”。take an inventory “清点库存”。 I have to account for all the stock. *account for “清点”。stock “库存品”。 I have to do an inventory. 今天我得去拜访客户。 Will you be attending the meeting? (你出席会议吗?) No. I have to go out visiting clients today.(不, 今天我得去拜访客户。) *go out “外出”。visit clients “拜访客户”。 I’ll be out visiting clients today. I need to visit my clients today. 今天我要拜访ABC公司。 I need to make a sales call to ABC Company today. (今天我要拜访ABC公司。) I’ll get the address for you. (我给你它的地址。) *make a sales call “进行销售拜访”。 I have to call on ABC Company today. *这里的call on指“拜访”。 A sales call to ABC Company is a must for today. *这里的must是名词, 表示“必不可少的事物”。 那个项目进展如何? How’s the project coming along? (那个项目进展如何?) Couldn’t be better. (很好。) *How’s是How is的缩写。come along “(工作等的)进展”。 How are you doing with the project? What’s the status on the project? (那个项目做到哪一步了?) 这么说已经完成一部分了。 I just finished one of the projects. (我刚做完那个项目的一部分。) That’s one down. (这么说已经完成一部分了。) *one down来自棒球的说法, 意思是“繁重的工作的一部分告一段落”。 That completes one part. *complete “完成”、 “做完”。 One down, more to go. (完成了第一项, 还要接着干。) 写完一半了。 How far along is the report? (报告写多少了?) We’re halfway through. (写完一半了。) *How far ...? “……多少?”。along “(工作等)进展”。 *halfway “到一半”。through “从头至尾”、 “全部地”。 We’re just about halfway done. (我们刚做完一半。) *just “刚刚”。 We still have half to go. (我们还有一半要做。) *still “还有”、 “仍有”。 总算熬过去了。 This has been a long week. (这一周过得可真忙。) It’s finally over. (总算熬过去了。) *这里的long不是指“长的”, 而是指“忙的”。 *finally “终于”、 “总算”, 表示一种强烈情绪。这里的over指“结束”、 “过去”。 Thank goodness it’s over! *thank goodness “谢天谢地”。 It’s over at last! 这一周过得可真累。 You look very tired. (你看起来很疲倦。) It’s been a tough week. (这一周过得可真累。) *tough “困难的”、 “高强度的”、 “艰苦的”。 It’s been a difficult week. This week has been a hard one. This has been a rough week. *rough “艰难的”、 “辛苦的”。 It’s been a challenging week. 干得实在不容易。 You have accomplished so much! (你已经完成那么多了!) Thank you, but it hasn’t been easy. (谢谢, 但是干得实在不容易。) It’s been a lot of hard work. Things haven’t always gone smoothly. *smoothly “顺利地”、 “毫无障碍地”。 ●工作顺利进行 有进展吧? Are you making any progress? (有进展吧?) We sure are. (那当然。) *make progress “取得进展”、 “取得进步”。 Are things going well for you? (一切都顺利吗?) Fine, thank you. (很好, 谢谢。) *go是“去”的意思, 但是这里表示“(事情)进展”。 Is everything coming along okay? (一切都好吗?) *come along “进展”、 “进步”。 Are things working out? (事情都顺利吗?) *work out “(事情)进展顺利”、 “成功”。 Are things working out for you? How are things with you? Is everything going okay? (一切都好吗?) Is everything alright? How’s everything? 都准备好了。 How is that presentation coming? (发言准备得怎么样了?) It’s all set and ready to go. (都准备好了。) *all set “准备好的”。ready to go “准备妥当”。 It’s all set to go. (都准备好了。) I’m glad to hear that. (太好了。) It’s all ready to go. Everything is all set. It’s ready to go. *be ready to ... “准备好了做某事”。 It’s all done. (都准备好了。) *done “做好”、 “做完”。 看来你干得不错。 It looks like you’re doing well. (看来你干得不错。) Yes, I am. (是啊。) *look like ... “看起来……”。do well “干得很好”、 “干得很出色”。 Looks like You’re doing well. You look like all is well. 一直很顺利。 How are you doing on the project? (这个项目你做得怎么样?) It’s coming along. (一直很顺利。) *come along “进展”、 “进步”。 Things are going well. (一切都很顺利。) We’re so happy to hear it. (听了真让人高兴。) *well “顺利”。 We’re getting there. We’re doing well. Things are good. Things are going just fine. (事情进展很顺利。) *fine “好的”。 Things are moving right along. *move “进展”。right along “顺利地”。 Things are looking positive. (情况看起来很好。) *look “看起来”。positive “积极的”。 Everything’s going well. (一切都很好。) Everything’s going smoothly. (一切进展顺利。) *smoothly “顺利地”。 All’s well. Everything’s just fine. 目前为止很不错。 Is everything satisfactory? (一切都让人满意吗?) So far, so good. (目前为止很不错。) *satisfactory “令人满意的”。 *习惯用语, 记住这么说没错。so far “迄今为止”、 “到目前为止”。 So far, everything’s been OK. Everything looks good so far. Things are going well so far. All’s well so far. 一切按计划进行。 How’s that project? (那个项目怎么样了?) It’s right on schedule. (一切按计划进行。) *on schedule “按计划”、 “按日程表”。 It’s going as scheduled. It’s right on track. *on track “顺利进行”。 一切都按着计划进行。 Everything went just as I’d planned. (一切都按着计划进行。) That’s because You’re smart. (那都是因为你很聪明。) *plan “制定计划”。 Everything went according to plan. *according to ... “按照……”、 “根据……”。 Everything went just as I’d hoped. (一切进展如我所愿。) *hope “希望”、 “期待”。 项目进展得很顺利。 The project is running smoothly. (项目进展得很顺利。) I’m so glad to hear that. (太好了。) *run smoothly “进展顺利”、 “按希望的那样进行”。 The project is moving right along. *right along强调事情向前发展。 We’re coming right along on the project. 事情的进展和我想的一样。 Things are going my way. (事情的进展和我想的一样。) Your hard work paid off. (你总算没白辛苦。) *go one’s way “进展顺利”。 *pay off “取得成功”、 “得到好结果”。 Things are going just as I’d hoped. Things are going in my favor. Everything is going as planned. 我们现在是全面运转。 Are you back in business? (生意恢复正常了吗?) We’re in full operation now. (我们现在是全面运转。) *be in operation “运转”、 “工作中”。 We are fully operational now. *operational “可操作的”。 We are operating at full capacity. *at full capacity “以最大生产量”。 今天干了不少。 How’d we do? (干得怎么样了?) We got a lot done today. (今天干了不少。) *How’d是How did的缩写。 *get done口语, “进展顺利”。a lot “大量”。 We’ve covered a lot today. *这里的cover指“处理(问题等)”。 We’ve come a long way today. We’ve covered a lot of ground today. 渡过难关了。 The worst is over. (渡过难关了。) Thank goodness for that! (谢天谢地!) *worst “最坏的”。 It can’t get worse than this. (情况不会再坏了。) The worst part is over. We’ve seen the worst of it. 一切都很好。 How are things going? (情况怎么样了?) Everything’s turning out okay. (一切都很好。) *“Everything’s okay.” 表示“事事如意”, 是常用的表达方式。turn out ... “结果……”、 “结局……”。 Everything’s going the way I wanted it to. Everything’s turning out the way I intended. *intend “打算”、 “计划”。 我们达成了一致意见。 How’s it going with Mr. Jones? (你和琼斯先生协调得怎么样?) We’re in agreement now. (我们达成了一致意见。) *in agreement “一致”。 We agree now. We’re finally in agreement. (我们终于达成了一致意见。) 合同签了。 A contract agreement has been reached. (合同签了。) Let’s celebrate! (庆祝庆祝吧!) *contract “合同”。agreement “协议”、 “协定”。reach “达成”。 An agreement to the contract has been reached. We’ve reached a contract agreement. *reach an agreement “达成协议”。 我最后说服了他。 I thought he wasn’t interested. (我以为他不感兴趣。) I finally talked him into it .(我最后说服了他。) *talk ... into “说服……做……”、 “使……同意”。 He finally gave in. (他终于让步了。) *give in “让步”。 I finally persuaded him. (我最后说服了他。) *persuade “说服”。 生意一定做得很不错。 Sales are increasing. (销售额在上升。) Business must be pretty good. (生意一定做得很不错。) *pretty除指“漂亮的”, 还有“很”、 “相当”的意思。 You must be doing well. Business must be booming. 非常合适。 How does it fit? (合适吗?) It fits perfectly. (非常合适。) *fit “合适”、 “合身”。 It’s just right. It fits like a glove. *fit like a glove “完全相配”、 “正合适”。glove “手套”。 我们在大部分问题上达成了一致。 We agreed on most of the issues. (我们在大部分问题上达成了一致。) That will help things go smoothly. (那么事情的进展会顺利些。) *agree on ... “对……意见一致”。issue “争端”、 “问题”。 We were in agreement on most issues. (我们在大多数问题上意见一致。) We saw eye to eye on the majority of issues. (我们在大部分问题上达成共识。) *see eye to eye “意见完全一致”。 我终于看到了希望。 I see the light at the end of the tunnel. (我终于看到了希望。) Sure wish I could say the same. (真希望我也能这么说。) *直译是“我看到了隧道尽头的光亮”, 意思是“终于找到了解决问题的方法”。 I can see the end of this. *直译是“我能看到事情的结局”。 The fog is beginning to lift. *直译是“雾散了”。fog “雾”。lift “(云、 雾等)消散”。 不会花太长时间。 When will the letter be typed? (信什么时候打出来?) It won’t take that long. (不会花太长时间。) *这里的take常常用it作主语, 意思是“占用(时间、 空间或劳力等)”。won’t是表示意愿或将来的will的否定形式, 意思是“不会”、 “不打算”。 It shouldn’t take too long. It’ll only take a short time. It won’t take long at all. 我们完成90%了。 Are you done yet? (你们做完了吗?) We’re 90 percent finished. (我们完成90%了。) *be finished “完成”、 “结束”。 We have finished 90 percent. We just have 10 percent left to do. (我们还剩下10%要做。) We are nearly done. (我们差不多完成了。) *nearly “差不多”、 “几乎”。 我们暂时把问题解决了。 We have settled the matter for the time being. (我们暂时把问题解决了。) That’s a relief. (那么可以松口气了。) *settle “解决(困难、 问题等)”。the matter “麻烦事”。for the time being “目前”、 “现阶段”。 *relief “轻松”、 “宽慰”。 The matter has been resolved for the time being. The matter is currently under control. (情况现在控制住了。) *currently “现在”、 “如今”。under control “控制之下”。 事情都做完了。 Everything is finalized. (事情都做完了。) That’s good to hear. (听了真叫人高兴。) *finalize “完成”、 “做完”。 *这里的good指“高兴的”。 It’s all complete. *complete “完成的”。 Everything is done. *done “做完的”。 一切顺利吗? Did everything work out? (一切顺利吗?) It went better than I had hoped. (比我希望的还要好。) *work out “(事情)进展顺利”。 *hope “期待”。 Did everything go smoothly? *smoothly “顺利地”。 How did everything go? *这里的go指“(事情)进展”。 Did the plan work out? (计划进行得顺利吗?) 事情进展得很顺利。 It worked out well. (事情进展得很顺利。) I am glad to hear that. (我很高兴听到这个消息。) *be glad to ... “很高兴……”。 Everything went the way I wanted it to. (所有事情的进展都如我所愿。) *way “方向”。 Everything went well. (一切都很顺利。) Everything went splendidly. *splendidly “出色地”、 “令人满意地”。 Everything went according to plan. (一切都按计划进行。) 我已经完成了销售计划。 I met my sales quota already. (我已经完成了销售计划。) That was fast. (完成得很快嘛。) *meet “达到(希望或要求等)”。sales quota “销售定额”、 “销售份额”。 I’ve already met my sales quota. I’ve reached my sales quota already. 我的工作如期完成了。 Did you meet the deadline? (你按期完成了吗?) My work was done on schedule. (我的工作如期完成了。) *meet the deadline “在规定的期限内完成”。 *done “完成”、 “做完”。on schedule “按计划”、 “如期”。 I finished my work on schedule. My work was completed on time. *complete “完成”。 全都卖完了。 Do you still have X in stock? (仓库里还有X吗?) Everything is completely sold out. (全都卖完了。) *in stock “有现货”、 “有库存”。 *completely “完全地”。sell out “卖完”、 “销售一空”。 It’s all sold out. They bought everything. 他们一定很高兴。 They must be pleased. (他们一定很高兴。) I’m sure they are. (肯定高兴。) *这里的must指“肯定”、 “一定”。be pleased “高兴”、 “满意”。 They must be happy. I’ll bet they’re pleased. (他们一定很高兴。) *I’ll bet ... “一定……”。 我想结局好一切都好。 How did the project go? (那个项目进行得怎么样了?) All’s well that ends well, I guess. (我想结局好一切都好。) *All’s是All is的缩写。“All’s well that ends well.”是一句常用的谚语, 意思是“结局好一切都好”。I guess表达的是一种“猜测”、 “推测”的心情。 Although we had some problems in the beginning, I guess it all worked out all right. (虽然开始有一些问题, 但是我想问题都已经解决了。) *work out “解决(问题)”。 Even though we had some difficulties, everything worked out in the end. (虽然我们有一些困难,但是最终问题都解决了。) Even with all of our difficulties, it seems everything worked out well. (虽然有那么多困难, 但看来问题都解决了。) *it seems ...“看起来”。 ●调整日程安排 报告什么时候提交? When is this report due? (报告什么时候提交?) It is due at the end of next week. (下周末。) *due “应给的”、 “支付的”, 这里是指“到期的”。 When are we supposed to hand in this report? (我们什么时候得交这份报告?) *hand in “提交”。 When is this report supposed to be turned in? *turn in “提交”。 When do they expect the report? *expect “(作为理应发生的事情来)期待”。 Do you know when your report is due? 什么时候能完成? When will it be finished? (什么时候能完成?) I’ll have it done by tomorrow. (明天之前吧。) *直译是“这件事做完是什么时候?”。 When will it be done? When will it be completed? *complete “完成”、 “做完”。 星期一之前你能完成吗? Can you finish it by Monday? (星期一之前你能完成吗?) I’ll give it a shot. (我尽量吧。) *by “到……之前”, 表示期限。 *give ... a shot “试着做……”。 Can you get it done by Monday? Will you be able to complete it by Monday? *complete “完成”、 “做完”。 要花多长时间? How long will it take? (要花多长时间?) It could take weeks. (几个星期吧。) *How long ...? “要花多长(时间)?”。这里的take指“花费(时间)”。 How long do you think it’ll take? (你认为要花多长时间?) How long do you think it’ll be? How long before it’ll be done? (做完要花多长时间?) How long do you expect it to take? *这里的expect指“估计”。 你考虑日期定在什么时候? What time frame did you have in mind? (你考虑日期定在什么时候?) I was thinking about mid-June. (6月中旬吧。) *time frame “时间范围”。have ... in mind “打算”、 “计划”。 What is the time frame? What dates did you have in mind? 日期还没有定。 When is the next conference? (下次会什么时候开?) The date has not been set yet. (日期还没有定。) *conference “会议”。 *date “日期”。set “定下(日期、 时间)”。 The date has not yet been confirmed. (日子还没有定下来。) There’s no set date yet. 还没计划呢。 What are we doing tomorrow? (明天我们做什么?) The plan is still in the air. (还没计划呢。) *in the air “(计划等)未决定”。 The plan has not been decided. (计划还没有定。) Nothing is concrete yet. (什么都还不具体呢。) *concrete “具体的”。 还要过些时候。 When are you going? (你什么时候走?) It’ll be some time yet. (还要过些时候。) *yet “还”。 It won’t be happening for a while. *直译是“还有段时间不走”。 Not any time soon. (不会马上走。) 可能要花一个月。 How long will it take? (要花多长时间?) It could take as long as a month. (可能要花一个月。) *as long as “大约”、 “达……之久”。 It might take up to a month. *up to ... “直到……”。 It can’t be done in less than a month. (一个月之内不可能完成。) *less than “少于……”。 一年左右都不够。 Not right away then? (那么不可能马上了?) No, not for a year or so. (是, 一年左右都不够。) *... or so “左右”、 “大约”。 Not before next year. It’ll be more than 12 months or so. 过程会又慢又长。 It’s going to be a long, slow process. (过程会又慢又长。) You know, I’m impatient. (你知道, 我可是个急性子。) *process “过程”。 *you know相当于“你知道的”、 “嗨”、 “嗯”、 “所以”等等, 在寻求同意或一时语塞时常常使用。impatient “性急的”、 “不耐烦的”。 The process will be a slow and long one. It’ll be a long, drawn-out ordeal. *drawn-out “冗长的”、 “无聊的”。ordeal “苦难经历”。 着急要吗? Is it urgent? (着急要吗?) Yes, I need it right away. (是, 我马上就要。) *urgent “着急的”、 “紧急的”。 *right away “马上”、 “立刻”。 Is it an emergency? (是紧急情况吗?) *emergency “紧急情况”。 Does it need to be done immediately? Do you need it right now? 我必须尽快做成这笔生意。 You’re working late a lot lately. (最近你总是工作到很晚。) I have to close the deal soon. (我必须尽快做成这笔生意。) *close a deal “成交”、“谈完生意”、“签合同”。 It’s imperative that I close the deal soon. *imperative “必要的”。 I need to wrap up the deal as soon as possible. (我必须尽快做成这笔生意。) *wrap up “完成”、 “结束”。as soon as possible “尽快地”。 这个项目必须在下个月前做完。 The project must be done by next month. (这个项目必须在下个月前做完。) We will need at least three months. (我们至少需要3个月。) The project must be completed by next month. *complete “完成”。 The project must be finished by next month. 我们必须在星期五之前作出决定。 We must decide by Friday. (我们必须在星期五之前作出决定。) That soon? (那么快?) *这里的by指“到……之前”。 We must make a decision by Friday. We have to come to a conclusion by Friday. *come to a conclusion “得出结论”。 我们有必要再看一遍计划。 I don't have a day off this week. (这一周我一天都没休息。) We need to look over the schedule again. (我们有必要再看一遍计划。) *look over ... “过目”。 We need to recheck the schedule. *recheck “重新检查”。 We need to take another look at the schedule. *take another look at ... “重新审视”。 We need to review the schedule. *review “重新探讨”。 我得改变我的计划。 I need to change my schedule. (我得改变我的计划。) I can take care of that for you. (我帮你做吧。) *need to ... “必须”。 *take care of ... “处理”。 I need to rearrange my schedule. *rearrange “更改”。 I need to adjust my schedule. *adjust “协调”、 “调整”。 我们会安排的。 I need tomorrow off. (我明天要请假。) We can arrange that. (我们会安排的。) *arrange “商定”、 “安排”。 We can make that happen. We can take care of that. 我会尽量调整我的日程安排。 I need you to be there. (我需要你在场。) I’ll try to adjust my schedule. (我会尽量调整我的日程安排。) *adjust “调整”。 I’ll try to change my schedule around. I’ll try to fit it into my schedule. *fit “使合适”。 I’ll see if I can rearrange my schedule. (我会查一下日程表是否可以调整。) 我查一下日程表。 Are you busy today? (你今天忙吗?) Let me check my schedule. (我查一下日程表。) *check “确认”、 “查看”。 Let me take a look at my schedule. *take a look “查看”。 Let me have a look at my appointment book. (我看一下记事本。) *have a look “查看”。 你还剩多少? How much more do you have left? (你还剩多少?) Five more pages. (还有5页。) *left是leave的过去分词, 这里表示“剩下”。 How much more do you have to do? About how much is there to do? 差不多做完了。 How much longer? (还要花多长时间?) It’s almost done. (差不多做完了。) *almost “几乎”、 “差不多”。 It’s just about done. I’m almost finished. 还在协调。 How about the schedule? (日程表怎么样了?) We’re still working on that point. (还在协调。) *point “点”、 “地点”、 “事情”、 “项目”。 We’re trying to work that out. We’re still working on it. 我腾不出空来。 You need to replace the toner. (你需要换色粉了。) I just can’t get around to it. (我腾不出空来。) *need to “需要”。replace “更换”。 *get around to “抽出时间来做”。 I’m too busy to do it. I have too much work to get to it. (我有很多的工作要做, 所以还顾不上它。) I don't have the time. (我没有时间。) 明天我就把所有文件给你。 When will I get them? (我什么时候可以拿到?) You’ll receive all the papers tomorrow. (明天我就把所有文件给你。) *直译是“明天你就可以拿到所有的文件了”。 You’ll get all the papers tomorrow. You’ll have all the papers in your hands tomorrow. 你什么时候有空? When will you be free? (你什么时候有空?) At noon, on Thursday. (星期四中午。) *这里的free指“有空的”。 *at noon “在中午”。 When will you have some time? (你什么时候有时间?) When are you available? *这里的available指“有空的”、 “不忙的”。 那会让你很忙。 That should keep you busy. (那会让你很忙。) I’ll let you know if I finish early. (我要是提前做完的话, 会告诉你的。) *keep ... busy “使……忙起来”。 *let ... know “通知某人”。 That will keep you occupied. *be occupied “忙于”、 “从事”。 That should be a handful. (那一定够你忙的吧。) *handful “难以应付的事”、 “麻烦事”。 现在没什么事了。 Things are slow right now. (现在没什么事了。) Then it’s a good time for catching up. (那么, 正好可以趁机赶上去。) *slow除了“慢”的意思外, 还有“不忙碌”的意思。 *catch up “赶上(工作等的)进度”。 This is a slow time. Things aren’t moving too quickly now. *直译是“现在事态的变化慢了”。quickly “急速地”、 “很快地”。 下周的日程表我来做吧。 I’ll make a work schedule for next week. (下周的日程表我来做吧。) Thank you. (谢谢。) *I’ll是I will的缩写。will表示“打算做某事”。 I’ll create a work schedule for next week. *create “制定”。 I’ll draw up a work schedule for next week. *draw up “制作(文件或方案)”。 I’ll make next week’s work schedule. 你能按时装完船吗? Can you finish loading the ship on time? (你能按时装完船吗?) I’ll make sure it gets done. (我会保证做到。) *finish ...ing “做完”、 “结束”。load “(把货物)装进(船或车上)”。ship “船”。on time “按时”。 Will the ship be loaded on time? Will you be able to load the ship on schedule? *on schedule “按时”。 你明天有什么安排吗? Do you have anything planned tomorrow? (你明天有什么安排吗?) I have two business meetings scheduled. (我要参加两个商务会议。) *plan “制定计划(日程)”。 *schedule “日程安排”。 Do you have anything tomorrow? (明天安排了什么?) Is there anything scheduled tomorrow? 明天你要出去吗? Do you have to go somewhere tomorrow? (明天你要出去吗?) No, I’ll be in all day. (不, 我一整天都在。) *have to “必须”。 Are you going anywhere tomorrow? Will you be going out tomorrow? (明天你外出吗?) *go out “外出”。 上午我有客户要来。 What is your schedule like today? (你今天怎么安排的?) I’m expecting a customer this morning. (上午我有客户要来。) *What is ... like? “……是什么?”。 I have an appointment this morning. *appointment “预约”、 “约定”。 I have an appointment with a customer this morning. 我两点有个约会。 I have an appointment at two. (我两点有个约会。) Please don't be late. (请不要迟到。) My appointment is for two. I have a two o’clock appointment. 我约好了要去ABC公司。 Where’s your next meeting? (下个会你要去哪里?) I have an appointment with ABC Company. (我约好了要去ABC公司。) I’ll be meeting with ABC Company. I have an appointment to meet with ABC Company. 今天的日程表有什么安排? What’s on today’s agenda? (今天的日程表有什么安排?) I have three interviews before lunch. (午饭前我有3个面试。) *这句话可以用在两个场合, 一个是询问私人的日程安排, 一个是在会上询问会议议题。agenda “议事日程”、 “议题”。 What does your schedule look like today? What’s on your agenda today? ●时间充裕或不足 我们比计划提前了一个星期。 How’s the project coming? (那个项目进行得怎么样了?) We’re a week ahead of schedule. (我们比计划提前了一个星期。) *ahead of “提前”。 We are ahead of schedule by a week. (我们比计划提前了一个星期。) That’s wonderful. (太好了。) We’re a week ahead on the project. We are a week ahead so far. (目前我们提前了一个星期。) We’re working a week ahead of schedule. 我的工作比计划提前了。 My work is ahead of schedule. (我的工作比计划提前了。) I knew I could depend on you. (我知道你靠得住。) *depend on “信赖某人”。 I’m ahead of schedule on my work. I’m more than caught up on my work. *直译是“我在工作上超过了日程”。 我们有足够的时间。 When is the report due? (报告什么时候交?) We’ve got plenty of time. (我们有足够的时间。) *plenty of time “足够多的时间”、 “很多时间”。 Should we be in a hurry? (我们是不是要快一点?) No, we’ve got enough time. (不, 我们有足够的时间。) *in a hurry “着急”、 “匆忙”。 *enough time “足够多的时间”。 We have plenty of time left. *left “剩下”。 There’s plenty of time. We have a sufficient amount of time. *sufficient “足够的”。 晚了一个星期。 Are you on target? (你们按期完成计划了吗?) No, the project is a week behind. (没有, 晚了一个星期。) *on target “准确的”。 *behind “落在后面”、 “不按时”。 We are a week behind. The project is one week behind schedule. We will be a week late. 工作还没干完。 It’s 9 p.m. I’m going home. (9点了, 我该回家了。) I’m staying. I’m behind in my work. (我不走, 工作还没干完。) Why are you working overtime? (你为什么要加班?) My work is behind schedule. (我没完成工作计划。) I have to catch up with my work. (我必须把落下的工作补上。) *catch up with ... “追赶……”。 I’m behind on my work. I’m behind schedule on my work. I fell behind on my work schedule. *fall behind “落后”。 反意为I’m ahead on my work. (我的工作提前了。) 你还没干完吗? Aren’t you through yet? (你还没干完吗?) No, I’m not done. (没, 我还没干完。) *这里的through指“结束的”、 “完成的”。 *done “做完的”、 “完成的”。 Aren’t you done yet? Haven’t you finished yet? 我还没写完。 I need that report now. (我现在需要那份报告。) I’m not finished yet. (我还没写完。) I’m not done yet. (我还没写完。) It’s not completed yet. (还没完成。) *complete “完成”、 “做完”。 为什么晚了? Why the delay? (为什么晚了?) The computer’s down. (电脑死机了。) *delay “迟”、 “延迟”。 What’s causing the delay? (为什么延误了?) The supplies are late in arriving. (补给品到得晚了。) *cause “使发生”、 “引起”。 Why is there a delay? Why is it behind? *behind “晚了”。 Why is it taking so long? (为什么花了那么长时间?) What’s the holdup? *这里的holdup指“(运输或工程等的)停滞”、 “拖延”。 这需要时间和耐心。 It takes time and patience. (这需要时间和耐心。) I realize that. (我知道。) *take表示“需要”。patience “耐心”、 “忍耐”。 *realize “意识”、 “认识”。 It isn’t going to happen overnight. *直译是“它不是突然发生的”。 You need to be patient. *直译是“你必须有耐心”。patient “有耐心的”。 很费时间。 How is the project going?(项目进行得怎么样?) It’s time-consuming. (很费时间。) *time-consuming指“耗时的”。 It is taking a long time. It is taking a lot of time. 现在可忙乱了。 What’s up? (怎么了?) Things are hectic now. (现在可忙乱了。) *hectic “兴奋的”、 “闹哄哄的”、 “忙乱的”。 Things are crazy now. *crazy “疯狂的”、 “糊涂的”。 Things are chaotic now. *chaotic “混乱的”。 我们的新项目遇到了困难。 We’re having a hard time with the new project. (我们的新项目遇到了困难。) Is there anything I can do to help? (我能帮忙做点什么吗?) *have a hard time with ... “在……上遇到困难”。project “计划”、 “项目”。 The new project is giving us problems. We’re having difficulties dealing with the new project. *deal with “处理”、 “办理”。 电话响个不停影响我工作。 Constant phone calls interfere with my work. (电话响个不停影响我工作。) Have your secretary take messages. (你可以让秘书替你留口信。) *constant “接连不断的”。interfere with ... “妨碍……”。 *have ... “让……”。 I get too many phone calls when I’m working. Phone calls are always interrupting my work. *interrupt “阻碍”、 “防碍”。 忙得我们团团转。 Is it busy at the office? (办公室的工作忙吗?) We can hardly keep up with things. (忙得我们团团转。) *hardly “几乎没有”。keep up with ... “赶上……”。 It’s hard to keep up. *这里的keep up指“跟上”。 There’s more work than there’s time. (忙得我们时间都不够用。) *直译是“工作要比时间多”。 我们必须加紧工作。 Our deadline is next week. (我们的截止期限是下个星期。) We should speed up our work. (我们必须加紧工作。) *speed up “增加马力”、 “提高速度”。 We should work faster. We need to work faster. 不要催我。 Please complete that project now. (现在就请完成那个项目。) Don't rush me. (不要催我。) *complete “完成”。 *rush “催促”、 “使赶紧”。 Don’t push. *push “催促”、 “逼迫”。 I don't work well under pressure. (我在压力之下做不好工作。) Haste makes waste. *谚语, 相当于“欲速则不达”。 别找借口说你很忙。 You can’t use being too busy as an excuse. (别找借口说你很忙。) But I am too busy! (但是我确实很忙!) *be busy “忙”。excuse “借口”、 “辩解”。 You can’t give me the excuse that you’re too busy. Being too busy is not a good excuse. 照这个样子…… At this rate, we’ll never finish. (照这个样子, 我们永远都做不完。) That’s a fact. (没错。) *这个短语表示“照这个样子”、“照这样下去”。 *fact “事实”。 The way things are going, ... If this continues, ... *continue “继续”。 明天会很忙。 Tomorrow is going to be a long day. (明天会很忙。) I was thinking the same thing. (我也是这么想的。) *这里的long不是“长”, 而是“忙”的意思。 *same “相同的”。 Tomorrow will seem like forever. *seem like “看起来像”。这里的forever指“很长时间”。 Tomorrow is going to be a drag. *这里的drag指“令人厌倦的事物”。 再不走就没时间了。 Let’s go! There’s no time to waste. (出发吧!再不走就没时间了。) I’m coming! (我就来!) *waste “浪费”。直译是“没有时间可以浪费了”。 There’s no time to lose. *lose “失去”。 We have no time. 我必须尽快赶到那儿。 I have to get there as soon as possible. (我必须尽快赶到那儿。) Then You’d better leave right now. (那你最好现在就出发。) *as soon as possible “尽快”。 *You’d是you had的缩写。had better “最好……”。 I need to get there as soon as I can. They need me there as soon as possible. 只能硬着头皮上了。 Will you be ready tomorrow? (明天能准备好吗?) We have to do it without preparation. (只能硬着头皮上了。) *without preparation “无准备地”。 They changed the date. (他们改了日期。) Then, we have to do it unprepared. (那我们没时间做准备了。) *unprepared “无准备的”、 “即席的”。 We have to perform without rehearsal. *perform “表演”、 “举行”。 We have to do it without practicing. (我们只得不练习就去做了)。 *practice “练习”。 希望赶得上最后期限。 We don't want to miss the deadline. (希望赶得上最后期限。) Maybe we should work overtime. (我们大概得加班了。) *这里的miss指“遗漏”、 “错过”。直译是“我们不想误了最后期限”。deadline “截止日期”、 “最后期限”。 *work overtime “加班”。 We want to make sure to meet our deadline. (我们要确保在最后期限前完工。) We want to finish this on time. *finish on time “按期完成”。 今天是最后期限。 What’s the rush? (急什么?) The deadline is today. (今天是最后期限。) *rush “匆忙”、 “急迫”。 Today’s the deadline. We’ve reached the deadline. *reach “到达”。 你必须在截止日期前完成。 Can I have an extension, please? (能延期吗?) You must meet the deadline.(你必须在截止日期前完成。) *extension “延长”。 *meet the deadline “赶上截止日期(或最后期限)”。 You have to complete it on time. (你必须按期完成。) *complete “完成”。on time “按期”。 It must be ready by the deadline. (必须在截止日期前准备好。) *ready “准备好的”。 我们不能迟到。 We only have ten minutes to get there. (我们只有10分钟到那儿。) We can’t afford to be late. (我们不能迟到。) *can’t afford to ... “不能负担得起(损失、 后果等)”、 “没有做……的余地”。 It won’t do us any good to be late. It won’t be good for us to be late. We need to be on time. (我们必须按时到。) *on time “按时”。 别再在那件事上浪费时间了。 Don’t spend any more time on that. (别再在那件事上浪费时间了。) What would you like me to do instead? (那你要我做什么呢?) *spend “花费(时间等)”。 Don’t put any more effort into that. *直译是“不要在那件事上再投入精力了”。 I want you to stop working on that. *直译是“我希望你不要再做那件事了”。 Don’t waste any more time on that. 现在必须争分夺秒。 Our inspection is only two hours away. (再过两个小时就该检查我们了。) There’s no time to lose now. (现在必须争分夺秒。) *inspection “检查”、 “审查”。 *直译是“现在没时间浪费了”。 We have three days left before the deadline. (我们离截止日期还剩三天。) We’re running out of time. (我们的时间不多了。) *run out of “用完”、 “用尽”。 We don't have any time to waste. *waste “浪费”、 “未充分利用”。 We don’t have time to lose. We have to hurry. (我们必须快点。) *hurry “快速做某事”。 We don’t have any time to fool around. *fool around “闲荡”、 “混日子”。 Our time is almost up. *这里的up指“(时间)用完的”。 We’re nearly out of time. *这里的nearly指“几乎”。out of “用完”、 “没有”。 We’re running short on time. *run short “用尽”。 已经6点多了。 It’s already past six. (已经6点多了。) We’d better hurry. (我们最好快点。) *already “已经”、 “早已”。past介词, 表示“过了”。 It’s after six already. *after介词, 表示“之后”。 I can’t believe it’s already past six. (真不敢相信已经6点多了。) 时间到了! Time’s up! (时间到了!) Already? (已经到了?) *Time’s up! “时间到了”、 “到时间了”。 Your time is up. (到时间了。) I need five more minutes. (再给我5分钟。) No more time! *no more ... “再没有……”。 Your time has run out! *run out “(时间等)用完”。 That’s it. (结束了。) 我赶上了。 I made it. (我赶上了。) We’re glad you did. (太好了。) *这里的make是口语, 表示“赶上”。 I just made it. Phew, I got here. (啊, 我终于到了。) 罗马不是一天就建成的。 You were supposed to finish the work yesterday. (你昨天就该做完这项工作。) Well, Rome was not built in a day. (是的, 但是罗马不是一天就建成的。) *谚语, 意思是“伟业并非一日之功”。它一般用作工作延期的借口或用来安慰那些因工作不顺心而烦恼的人。 It’s going to take some time. (需要花些时间。) It’ll take a lot of time and effort. (需要花很多时间和精力。) *effort “努力”。 我的时间总是不够用。 Why are you so stressed-out? (你为什么那么累?) I’m always working against time. (我的时间总是不够用。) *stressed-out “(因为压力而)疲惫不堪的”。 *against time “被时间所迫”。 I’m always racing against time. I’m always battling time. 时间不等人啊。 Why are you rushing? (你为什么那么急?) I feel pressed for time. (时间不等人啊。) *rush “匆忙”。 *pressed “(时间等)不够充分的”。 I feel like I’m running out of time. *run out of “用完”、 “用尽”。 I’m short on time. *be short on “……不够”。 如果时间允许, 我会去的。 Please stop by his office. (请顺便去他办公室一趟。) I’ll go there if time permits. (如果时间允许, 我会去的。) *stop by “(顺便)过访”。 *permit “许可”、 “允许”。 I’ll go if I have time. (有时间的话我就去。) If I have any time, I’ll go. (我有时间就去。) 【介绍的方法】 Here’s my card. (这是我的名片。) 在生意上和初次见面的人交换名片时, 你可以说 Here’s my card. (这是我的名片。) 然后把名片递给对方。美国人一般不像中国人一样有双手递名片的习惯。在美国重要的是向对方表示诚意, 给对方留下美好的第一印象。因此, 即使是一只手递名片, 重要的是要直视对方的眼睛, 时刻注意给对方留个好印象。 如果是介绍初次见面的两人互相认识, 例如向史密斯先生介绍青木先生, 可以说 Mr. Smith, I’d like you to meet Mr. Aoki. (史密斯先生, 我给你介绍认识青木先生。) 然后, 先后说出他们的名字, Mr. Aoki, Mr. Smith. (这位是青木先生, 这位是史密斯先生。) 这样介绍就可以了。至于介绍的顺序, 一般有如下规则: (1) 向地位高的介绍地位低的; (2) 向主人介绍客人; (3) 向女性介绍男性。 作为一个从商人员, 应该记住这些规则。

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:20:26 |只看该作者
琐事 ●办公用品 如果你需要什么, 请告诉我们。 If you need anything, please let us know. (如果你需要什么,请告诉我们。) Thank you. I will. (谢谢, 我会的。) *let “使”。 Let us know if you need anything. If you need anything, feel free to let us know. *feel free to ... “自由地做”、 “毫无顾虑地做”。 If there is anything you need, be sure to let us know. (有什么需要的, 请务必说一声。) 办公用品要是用完了, 尽管跟我说一声。 She didn’t give me enough stationery. (她没有给我足够的文具。) When you run out of any office supplies, just tell me. (办公用品要是用完了, 尽管跟我说一声。) *stationery “文具”。 *run out of ... “用完”、 “用尽”。office supplies “办公用品”。 Just let me know when you need any office supplies. I’m the one to ask when you run out of office supplies. 到什么地方领办公用品? Where can I get office supplies? (到什么地方领办公用品?) On the second floor. (到二层。) *second “第二”。floor “地板”、 “层”。 Where are the office supplies? Where can I find office supplies? *find “找到”。 你有手册吗? Do you have a manual? (你有手册吗?) Yes, it’s on the table. (有, 在桌子上。) Is there a manual? Do you have a manual handy? *handy “就近的”、 “手边的”。 我要两个信封。 I need two envelopes, please. (我要两个信封。) What size do you need? (你要多大的?) *envelope “信封”。 I would like two envelopes, please. Give me two envelopes, please. 我们没有信封了。 We’re running out of envelopes. (我们没有信封了。) Then we need to order more. (那我们要再订购一些。) *run out of ... “用完”、 “用尽”。 We have a limited number of envelopes left. (剩下的信封数量很有限。) *limited “有限的”。 We’re short on envelopes. (我们的信封不够了。) 文具放在抽屉里。 The stationery is in the drawer. (文具放在抽屉里。) Which one? (哪一个抽屉?) *stationery “文具用品”。drawer “抽屉”。 We keep the stationery in the drawer. The stationery is kept in the drawer. *这里的keep指“存放”、 “保存”。 I keep stationery in the top drawer. (我把文具放在最上面的抽屉里。) Stationery is kept in the top drawer. (文具放在最上面的抽屉里。) 这是你办公桌的钥匙。 What’s this for? (这是干什么用的?) This is the key to your desk. (这是你办公桌的钥匙。) That’s your desk key. This key locks your desk. *lock “上锁”。 我可以用这个修正液吗? Can I use this white-out? (我可以用这个修正液吗?) Of course you can. (当然可以。) *Can I use ...? “我可以用……吗?”。white-out “修正液”。 May I borrow this white-out? *May I borrow ...? “我可以借用……吗?”。 Could I use this white-out? Is it okay if I use this white-out? Could I borrow your white-out? (我可以借你的修正液用用吗?) I’d like to use your white-out for a minute. (我想用一下你的修正液。) May I use your white-out? I could sure use your white-out. (我用一下你的修正液。) 你有订书机吗? Do you have a stapler? (你有订书机吗?) Yes, it’s next to my computer. (有, 在我的电脑旁边。) *stapler “订书机”。 Is there a stapler available? Do you have a stapler handy? *handy “手边的”。 用完后放回我的办公桌上。 I’d like to borrow this, please. (我想借用一下这个。) Put it back on my desk after using it. (用完后放回我的办公桌上。) *put back “放回”、 “返还”。 Return it to my desk when you’re done with it. Put it back after using it. 我的橡皮到哪儿去了? Where did my eraser go? (我的橡皮到哪儿去了?) It’s on my desk. (在我桌上。) *eraser “橡皮”、 “能擦去字迹的东西”。 My eraser is missing. (我的橡皮不见了。) *这里的miss指“找不到”、 “失踪”。 Have you seen my eraser? (你看到我的橡皮了吗?) 我找不到那些文件了。 I can’t find the documents. (我找不到那些文件了。) Who had them last? (谁最后拿的?) *document “文件”、 “资料”。 *last “最后”、 “上一次”。 Where are the documents? (文件在哪儿呢?) The documents seem to be missing. (文件好像是丢了。) *missing “找不到的”。 这是你要找的计算器吗? Is this the calculator you’re looking for? (这是你要找的计算器吗?) Yes, Where did you find it? (是, 你在哪儿找到的?) *look for ... “寻找”、 “寻求”。 Is this the calculator you have been looking for? Is this the calculator you’re searching for? ●经费 你能帮我算一下账吗? Would you fill out my expense forms? (你能帮我算一下账吗?) Can I do it after lunch? (午饭后可以吗?) *fill out “填写”, 这里指“计算”。expense “经费”。form “表格”。 I’d like you to fill my expense forms out. Would you do me the favor of filling out my expense forms? *Would you do me a favor? “你能帮我一个忙吗?”。有特别拜托的意思在里面。 这是我的收据和清单。 Do you have anything for me? (你有东西要给我吗?) Yes. Here’s my receipt and a breakdown. (有。这是我的收据和清单。) *receipt “收据”、 “收条”。breakdown “清单”、 “(支出等的)细目”。 I’ve got the receipt and breakdown for you. Here’s the receipt and breakdown. 请把它交到财务科。 What shall I do with this? (我应该怎么办?) Please take it to the accounting section. (请把它交到财务科。) *accounting “会计”。section “科室”。 Take it to accounting. Give it to the clerk in accounting. 记得一定要拿收据。 Be sure to get a receipt. (记得一定要拿收据。) Thanks for the reminder. (谢谢提醒。) *be sure to ... “务必”、 “一定要”。 Be sure to get proof of purchase. *proof “证据”。purchase “所购之物”。 Be sure to ask for a receipt. *ask for “要求”。 你能列个费用清单吗? Can you itemize a list of the charges? (你能列个费用清单吗?) It will take quite some time. (那要花很多时间。) *itemize “逐条记载”、 “详细列举”。 Please show me an itemized list of the charges. Please list each charge for me. 费用的清单在哪里? Where’s the cost breakdown? (费用的清单在哪里?) I’m still working on it. (我还在做。) *breakdown “清单”。 *work on “从事于”。 Did you prepare a cost breakdown? (费用的清单你准备好了吗? ) Is the cost breakdown ready? (费用的清单做好了吗?) 这个数字是什么? What’s this figure? (这个数字是什么?) That’s our entertainment expense. (这是我们的招待费。) *figure有“形状”、 “图”、 “姿态”、 “人物”等多种意思, 这里指“数字”。 What does this figure represent? *represent “表示”。 What does this number mean? What’s this amount for? (这笔钱用于什么?) *amount “数额”。 What does this amount pertain to? *pertain to ... “和……有关系”。 What does this figure refer to? *refer to ... “涉及……”。 What’s this charge for? (这笔费用是做什么用的?) 这个52美元是什么费用? What’s this fifty-two dollars for? (这个52美元是什么费用?) It’s for calls you made. (这是你的电话费。) *What ... for? “……是做什么的?”。当接到付款通知单不知道其中款项的名目时可以这么问。 What’s this charge of fifty-two dollars for? *charge of ... “……的费用”。 Why am I being charged fifty-two dollars? What are you charging me fifty-two dollars for? 你平均每个月的话费是多少? What is your average monthly phone bill? (你平均每个月的话费是多少?) About forty dollars. (大概是40美元。) *average “平均的”。monthly “每月的”。phone bill “电话费”。 How much do you usually pay for your monthly phone bill? What do you usually spend on your monthly phone bill? *usually “通常”。spend “花(钱)”。 ●公司里的琐事 你接个电话好吗? Will you get the phone? (你接个电话好吗?) Sure. (好的。) *get the phone口语, “接电话”。 Will you pick up the phone? Will you answer the phone? Will you take that call? 把这个放到办公桌的抽屉里。 Put this away in the desk drawer. (把这个放到办公桌的抽屉里。) Are you sure we should keep it there? (你确定要放在那儿吗?) *put away “收拾”、 “放置”。drawer “抽屉”。 Put this in the drawer of the desk. Store this in the drawer. *这里的store指“收起来”、 “储藏”, 作动词用。 你把这个给史密斯先生好吗? Would you give this to Mr. Smith? (你把这个给史密斯先生好吗?) Sure I will. (好的。) *Would you ...? “……好吗?”, 比“Will you ...?” 的请求方式更加礼貌。 Please give this to Mr. Smith. Could you see that Mr. Smith gets this? *这里的see指“务必使”、 “保证”、 “设法”。直译是“你能设法把这个交给史密斯先生吗?”。 请把这个寄了好吗? Would you mail this? (请把这个寄了好吗?) Sure. Wait just a moment, please. (好的, 请等一下。) *这里的mail是动词, 表示“邮寄”。 *这句话是习惯用语, 也可以说成“One moment, please.”。 Please mail this for me. (请帮我把这个寄了。) Would you send this mail off? 这个能送递吗? Can you deliver this? (这个能送递吗?) It will take three to five business days. (要用三五个工作日。) *deliver “发送”。 *business day指不包括休息日的“工作日”。 Do you deliver? (你送货吗?) Can I have it delivered? 搬的时候请托住箱子的底部。 How do I lift this box? (这个箱子怎么搬?) Please carry it from the bottom. (搬的时候请托住箱子的底部。) *这里的carry指“搬运”。bottom “底部”。 Please lift it from the bottom. Please don’t lift it from the top. *top是bottom的反义词, 表示“顶部”、 “最上面”。 女职员给经理倒茶。 Female employees serve tea to managers. (女职员给经理倒茶。) Do male employees do that, too? (男职员也干吗?) *serve “提供(饮料、 食品)”。 Managers are served tea by female employees. One of the duties of female employees is to serve tea to managers. (给经理倒茶是女职员分内的工作。) *这里的duty指“职务”、 “任务”。 倒茶是你分内的事。 What shall I do? (我该做什么呢?) It’s your duty to serve tea. (倒茶是你分内的事。) Part of your job is to serve tea. Serving tea is your duty. 我给你倒杯茶好吗? Oh, what a long afternoon! (啊, 这个下午可真忙!) Shall I make some tea for you? (我给你倒杯茶好吗?) *Shall I ...? “我……好吗?”。 Would you like some tea? Can I get you some tea? 他喜欢喝淡咖啡。 He likes his coffee weak. (他喜欢喝淡咖啡。) Well then, I won’t make it strong. (那好, 我就不把它冲那么浓。) *这里的“Well then, ...”指“那样的话”。 He likes his coffee on the weak side. He can’t take his coffee strong. (他喝不了浓咖啡。) 请把灯打开。 It’s awfully dark in here. (这里太暗了。) Turn on the light, please. (请把灯打开。) *awfully “非常”、 “很”。 *turn on “打开(电灯等)”。 Please turn on the light switch. Hit the light, please. *hit “按下(机器等的按钮)”。 Turn off the light, please. (请把灯关上。) 这个钟不走了。 This clock doesn’t work. (这个钟不走了。) Maybe it needs new batteries. (也许要换新电池了。) *work “(机器等)运转”。 This clock has stopped. This clock isn’t working. This clock is broken. (这个钟坏了。) 帮我把这个扔了, 好吗? Throw this away for me, will you? (帮我把这个扔了, 好吗?) Sure thing. (好的。) *throw away “丢掉”、 “扔掉”。 *sure thing “当然”、 “毫无疑问”。 Could you throw this away for me? Will you please throw this away for me? 帮我把这些资料发一下。 How can I help? (要我怎么帮忙?) Please pass out these handouts. (帮我把这些资料发一下。) *pass out “分发”。handout “(免费)散发的印刷品”。 Please give out these handouts. Would you mind giving out these handouts? *give out “分发”。 Please give each person one of the handouts. *each “每一个”。 Please distribute these handouts. *distribute “分发(传单等)”。 请你站在门口把这些广告单分发出去。 Pass these fliers out at the door. (请你站在门口把这些广告单分发出去。) I’d be happy to. (乐意效劳。) *flier指 “广告单”、 “传单”, 和handout的意思大致相同, 但是flier有更多的广告含义。 Please hand these fliers out at the door. *hand ... out “递出”。 Please give these fliers out at the door. 请叫人来收拾一下。 This office looks like a pigsty. (这个办公室乱得就像猪圈。) Please get someone to straighten it up. (请叫人来收拾一下。) *look like ... “好像……”、 “看起来像……”。 *get ... to ... “让……做……”。straighten up “收拾”、 “整理”。 Please have someone tidy up. *tidy up “整理”。 We need someone to clean up around here. *clean up “打扫干净”。 借我急救箱用用好吗? May I have the first-aid kit? (借我急救箱用用好吗?) I’ll see if I can locate it. (看我能不能找到它。) *May I ...? “我可以……吗?”。First-aid kit “急救箱”。 *locate “找出……的位置”。 I need the first-aid kit, please. (我需要急救箱。) Where’s the first-aid kit? (急救箱放在哪里?) 那不是我的工作。 Could you please mail these letters? (请帮我把这些信寄了好吗?) Sorry, That’s not my job. (对不起, 那不是我的工作。) *job “工作”。 That isn’t my responsibility. *responsibility “责任”、 “义务”。 That isn’t my department. *department “部”、 “科室”、 “活动领域”, 但这里指的是“工作”。 我要过去, 你挡着路了! Coming through! You’re in the way. (我要过去, 你挡着路了!) I’m moving, I’m moving. (我让开, 我让开。) *come through “通过”。in the way “挡道”。 *move “移动”。 Move. I’m coming through! Excuse me! Coming through.

使用道具 举报

13#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:24:52 |只看该作者
出差 ●出差 总公司有急事。 Where are you going? (你要去哪儿?) I have urgent business at the head office. (总公司有急事。) *urgent “紧急的”。head office “总公司”。 I have something urgent to handle at the head office. *handle “处理(工作)”。 I have urgent business to deal with at the head office. *deal with “处理”。 我得去趟大阪, 当天就回来。 I have to make a day trip to Osaka. (我得去趟大阪, 当天就回来。) You’d better leave early in the morning. (那你最好一早出发。) *day trip “当天返回的旅行”。had better “最好”。 I have to go to Osaka and back in a day. I have to get to and from Osaka in a day. 我下周要出差去X公司。 What are your plans for next week? (你下周计划做什么?) I’m visiting X Company next week. (我下周要出差去X公司。) *visit有“拜访”、 “视察”等意思, 在商业领域它也表示“出差”。 I’m scheduled to visit X Company next week. I’m going to visit X Company next week. 我下周还得出差。 Can I see you next week? (我下周能见你吗?) I’ll be gone again next week. (我下周还得出差。) *gone是go的过去分词, 这里表示“离开了”。 I have to go away again next week. *go away “离开”。 I’ll be away again next week. 下周大部分时间我都在出差。 I’ll be on the road most of next week. (下周大部分时间我都在出差。) Where will you be going? (你要去哪儿?) *on the road指“(推销员)到处跑”。 I’ll be traveling most of next week. I’ll probably be on the road next week. (下周我可能要出差。) *probably “可能”。 他要出差一段时间。 I’d like to speak with Mr. Smith, please. (我想找一下史密斯先生。) Sorry, he’ll be out of town for a while. (对不起, 他要出差一段时间。) *这是发生在电话里或者公司前台的对话。out of town指“出城”, 也即“出差”。for a while “一段时间”。 He’ll be away for a while. He won’t be in town for some time. 我要给我太太买个纪念品。 I should buy a souvenir for my wife. (我要给我太太买个纪念品。) How about this necklace? (这条项链怎么样?) *souvenir “纪念物”、 “纪念品”。 I should pick something up for my wife. *这里的pick up指“挑选”。 I should get a gift for my wife. 我去大阪出差了。 Where were you yesterday? (你昨天去哪儿了?) I was in Osaka on business. (我去大阪出差了。) *on business “因公”、 “因事”。on vacation “度假”。 I was working in Osaka. I had business in Osaka. 你到国外出差吗? Do you travel abroad on business? (你到国外出差吗?) Yes, about once a month. (是, 差不多每个月一趟。) *travel abroad “去国外”、 “去国外旅行”。 Do you go overseas on business? Do you travel internationally on business? *internationally “世界范围”。 写上日期和所花的费用。 How do I get compensated for the money I spent on my business trip? (我怎么报销我出差的花费?) Write down the date and the expenses. (写上日期和所花的费用。) *compensate for ... “报销”。 *expense “支出”、 “费用”。 Write down all the money you spent and when you spent it. Put the dates and expenses down on paper. ●出发和住宿 你准备好出发了吗? Are you ready to leave? (你准备好出发了吗?) I will be soon. (我马上就好了。) *be ready to ... “准备好……”。 Can we go now? Are you ready yet? (准备好了吗?) 到伦敦的往返票价是多少? How much is the round-trip fare to London? (到伦敦的往返票价是多少?) About $1,500.00, sir. (大约是1 500美元, 先生。) *round-trip “往返的”。fare “(车、 船、 飞机)票价”。 What is the round-trip fare to London? How much does it cost for the round-trip fare to London? 你订飞机票了吗? I’m going to Japan next week. (我下周要去日本。) Have you booked a flight? (你订飞机票了吗?) *这里的book指“预订(坐位等)”。 Are you booked for the flight? Have you made your reservation? (你预订机票了吗?) 我得赶上午9点的飞机。 When are you leaving? (你什么时候走?) I must catch a nine a.m. flight. (我得赶上午9点的飞机。) *leave “出发”。 *catch是“捕捉”的意思, 但是这里表示“赶上”。flight “飞机航班”。 My plane leaves at nine. (我坐的飞机9点起飞。) I’m booked on a nine a.m. flight. 我想改航班。 May I help you? (您有什么事?) I’d like to change my flight. (我想改航班。) My flight needs to be changed. Is it possible to change my flight? (我可以改航班吗?) *possible “可能的”。 14号航班准时起飞吗? Will flight 14 leave on time? (14号航班准时起飞吗?) It will leave on schedule. (准时起飞。) *flight “(飞机的)航班”、 “空中旅行”、 “飞行”。on time “按时”、 “准时”。 *on schedule “按时”、 “按预定时间”。 Will flight 14 be leaving on time? Will flight 14 depart on time? *depart “出发”。 祝你旅途愉快。 I’ll see you real soon. (马上我们会见面的。) Have a good flight. (祝你旅途愉快。) *这是对即将乘坐飞机的人说的话。这里的flight指“飞机旅行”。 Enjoy your flight. I hope your flight is a good one. 你们还有单人房间吗? Do you have any single rooms available? (你们还有单人房间吗?) We have two singles left. (我们还剩两间。) *single room “单人间”。available 在这里指“能够得到的”、 “空着的”。如果没有空房可以说no rooms available。 *left是leave的过去分词, 指“剩下的”。 Are there any single rooms available? Are there any rooms left? Do you have any vacancies? *vacancy “空房间”。 请打到我的房钱里。 Here is your check. (这是你的账单。) Charge it to my room, please. (请打到我的房钱里。) *这句话在宾馆的餐厅里可以使用。charge “在(账上)记入”。 Will you charge it to my room? Please charge this to my room. I’d like this charged to my room. Bill it to my room, please. *这里的bill指“把……登账”。 Could you bill it to my room? Please put this on my room tab. *tab “账单”。 我退房。 I’m checking out. (我退房。) Please turn in your keys. (请给我你的钥匙。) I’m leaving the hotel. Check-out, please.

使用道具 举报

14#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:25:19 |只看该作者
派驻海外 ●派驻海外工作 我被派到纽约的分公司工作。 I was ordered to work at the New York branch. (我被派到纽约的分公司工作。) That sounds like an exciting opportunity. (机会不错嘛。) *be ordered to ... “被命令做某事”。branch “分支”、 “分公司”。 *That sounds like ... “好像……”。 I was appointed to the New York branch. *be appointed to ... “被任命为……”。 I was transferred to the New York branch. *be transferred to ... “调任”。 这是我第一次出国。 I hear you’re being sent to China. (我听说你要被派到中国。) Yes. It’ll be my first trip overseas. (是啊。这是我第一次出国。) *sent是send(派遣)的过去式。I hear ... “我听说……”。 *overseas “海外”。 It’ll be my first time abroad. It’s going to be my first time leaving the country. *leave “离开”。 我明天要去洛杉矶。 I’ll leave for Los Angeles tomorrow. (我明天要去洛杉矶。) How are you getting there? (你怎么去?) *leave for ... “出发去(某地)”。 I’m leaving for Los Angeles tomorrow. I’m going to Los Angeles tomorrow. 我要去机场送他。 I’m going to the airport to see him off. (我要去机场送他。) That is really nice of you. (你真好。) *see ... off “送行”。 I’ll see him off at the airport. I’ll take him to the airport and see him off. 谢谢你来送我。 Thank you for seeing me off. (谢谢你来送我。) No problem. (不用谢。) Thanks for seeing me off. I appreciate you seeing me off. *这里的appreciate表示“感谢”。 他刚调到X美国公司来。 He was just transferred to X America. (他刚调到X美国公司来。) It’s a pleasure to meet you. (很高兴认识你。) *just transferred因为加了一个just, 就有了“刚调来”的意思。介绍别人的时候可以使用。 *pleasure “高兴”、 “荣幸”。meet “见面”、 “(通过介绍而)相识”。 He’s new at X America. He just started at X America. (他刚来X美国公司不久。) He is a new transfer. (他刚调来不久。) *transfer是名词, “调职者”。 我昨天刚到这儿。 I just got here yesterday. (我昨天刚到这儿。) Do you have jet lag? (你需要倒时差吗?) *jet lag 指乘喷气式飞机飞越不同时区后的生理节奏失调, 译为“时差综合征”。 I just arrived yesterday. *arrive “到达”。 This is my second day here. (我在这儿有两天了。) I’ve been here since yesterday. 我在一家日本公司上班。 I work for a Japanese company. (我在一家日本公司上班。) Which one? (哪一家?) I’m employed by a Japanese company. I’m an employee of a Japanese company. 我怎么才能拿到工作签证? How can I get a work visa? (我怎么才能拿到工作签证?) You need to apply at the embassy. (你要去大使馆申请。) *How can I ...? “我怎么才能……”。该句型可以用来询问方法、手段、次序等,很方便。 What do I need to do to get a work visa? How does someone get a work visa? 他对在美国做生意熟门熟路。 He may have trouble opening a business here. (刚开始在这儿做生意他可能会遇到困难。) He’s familiar with doing business in the US. (他对在美国做生意熟门熟路。) *have trouble ...ing “做……时遇到困难”。 *familiar with ... “知道……”、 “对……很熟悉”。 He’s used to doing business in the US. (他习惯在美国做生意。) *be used to ... “习惯……”。 He’s aware of how business in the USA works. *be aware of ... “知道……”。 你去过日本吗? I just took a vacation in Europe. (我刚从欧洲度假回来。) Have you been to Japan? (你去过日本吗?) *just “刚刚”。vacation “休假”。 *have been to ... “到过”, 表示某种经历。 Have you gone to Japan? Have you ever been to Japan? *ever “曾经”、 “以往任何时候”。 我在纽约工作时承蒙照顾, 非常感谢。 Thank you very much for everything when I was stationed in New York. (我在纽约工作时承蒙照顾, 非常感谢。) Don’t mention it. (没什么。) *station作名词用时, 表示“车站”, 但是作动词用时, 有“工作”、 “派驻”、 “使就任某单位”的意思, 一般都用其被动态。 Thank you for your hospitality when I was in New York. *hospitality “友好接待”、 “热情接待”。 Thank you for your kindness when I was in New York. *kindness “亲切”、 “善良”。 真是无拘无束。 What was it like when you were at the Los Angeles branch? (你在洛杉矶分公司时感觉怎么样?) I could really let my hair down. (真是无拘无束。) *branch “分公司”。 *let one’s hair down “(工作之余)放松”、 “无拘无束”。 I really cut loose. *cut loose “自由”、 “无拘无束”。 I was able to really get rid of my inhibitions. (我终于不再感到压抑。) *get rid of “摆脱”。inhibition “抑制”、 “压抑”。 ●日元和美元的兑换 你能帮我把日元换成美元吗? Can you change yen to dollars? (你能帮我把日元换成美元吗?) Yes. We’re at your service. (可以, 给我吧。) *change “交换”、 “兑换”。 *at one’s service是“为……提供服务”、 “按照……吩咐”的礼貌表达方式。 Would you exchange this yen for dollars? Can you exchange yen for dollars? I’d like to exchange yen for dollars. 你能把这个兑换成美元吗? Can you change this into dollars? (你能把这个兑换成美元吗?) Are big bills OK? (面额大些没关系吧?) *Can you ...? “你能……吗?”, 表示拜托。change “兑换”、 “换开零钱”。 *bill “纸币”、 “钞票”。 Can you exchange this for dollars? May I have this in dollars? May I have dollars for this? I’d like to change this into dollars. 今天的汇率是多少? I think I’ll change my money. (我想换钱。) What’s the exchange rate today? (今天的汇率是多少?) *这是两个刚到国外的人的对话。 *exchange rate “汇率”。 What’s the rate of exchange today? *rate of exchange “汇率”。 What’s the rate today? 110日元换1美元。 It’s a hundred ten yen to the dollar. (110日元换1美元。) That’s not a bad deal. (不坏嘛。) *to 表示数量的比例关系, “对于……”。 *deal “交易”。 It’s a hundred ten yen per dollar. *per ... “每……”。 A hundred ten yen equals one dollar. *equal “等于”。 One dollar is a hundred ten yen. 你要多大面值的? How would you like the money? (你要多大面值的?) In big bills, please. (给我面值大的吧。) *How would you like ...? 询问菜肴或饮料等的配制方法、 递呈方式时的说法。 *bill “纸币”、 “钞票”。 How would you like that? How would you like it? How do you want the money? 我还想要些零钱。 I’d like some small change, too. (我还想要些零钱。) Certainly. I’ll give you some quarters, dimes, and nickels. (好的, 我给你一些25美分、 10美分、 5美分的硬币。) *I’d是I would的缩写。“I’d like ...” 是“我想要……”的礼貌说法。 *quarter是四分之一, 所以它还表示1美元的四分之一, 即“25美分硬币”。dime 是“10美分硬币”, nickel 是“5美分硬币”, 另外, penny指“1美分硬币”。 I’d like some coins also. *coin “硬币”。 I’d like some quarters also. (请给我一些25美分的硬币。) May I have some small change, too? 总共34美元。 That’ll be thirty-four dollars. (总共34美元。) Can I pay with traveler’s checks? (我可以用旅行支票付账吗?) *That’ll是That will的缩写。 *traveler’s check是银行为了游客在海外使用而发行的支票。也可省略为TC。 It’ll be thirty-four dollars. The fare will be thirty-four dollars. (票价是34美元。) *fare “(交通工具的)费用”。 The ticket will be thirty-four dollars. (票价是34美元。) Thirty-four dollars, please. 你这儿接受旅行支票吗? Do you accept traveler’s checks? (你这儿接受旅行支票吗?) Of course we do. (当然。) *accept “接受(信用卡或旅行支票等)”。除traveler’s checks外还可以用credit card等许多词汇替换。 May I use traveler’s checks? *May I ...? 请求允许的说法。 Are traveler’s checks accepted here? May I pay with traveler’s checks? Do you take traveler’s checks? Can I use traveler’s checks? 你能把这些旅行支票换成现金吗? What can I do for you? (我能为你做点什么吗?) Would you cash these traveler’s checks? (你能把这些旅行支票换成现金吗?) *Would you ...? “你能……吗?”、 “你愿意……吗?”, 有礼貌的请求。这里的cash是动词, 是“兑换现金”的意思。 Can you change these traveler’s checks? I’d like to cash these traveler’s checks. 你有什么要申报的吗? Do you have anything to declare? (你有什么要申报的吗?) No, nothing. (没有。) *declare “(在海关)申报(应纳税物品)”、 “申报(收入)”、 “声明”、 “宣告”。 Anything to declare? *anything是疑问句, 表示“有什么”。 Do you have any items to declare? *item “项目”。 ●在国外生活 洛杉矶的天气怎么样? What’s the weather like in Los Angeles? (洛杉矶的天气怎么样?) It is hot and dry. (又热又干燥。) *What’s ... like? “……怎么样?”。询问天气或气候时的说法。 What’s the climate like in Los Angeles? How’s the weather in Los Angeles? What’s Los Angeles weather like? 你在美国待多久了? How long have you been in the US? (你在美国待多久了?) This is my third year. (这是第三年。) *How long ...? “……有多长时间?”。现在完成时即have或has+过去分词, 表示某种状态持续到现在。 How long have you lived in the US? How long have you been living here? How long have you been here? 你在美国开过车吗? I have an international driver’s license. (我有国际通用的驾驶执照。) Have you driven in the USA? (你在美国开过车吗?) *international “国家间的”、 “国际的”。 *driven是drive(驾驶)的过去分词。“Have you+过去分词”是询问别人“有过……的经历吗”的句型。 Do you drive in the USA? (你在美国开车吗?) Have you ever driven in the USA? 你家人都在日本吗? Is your family staying in Japan? (你家人都在日本吗?) Yes. I miss them a lot. (都在, 我很想他们。) *两个身在美国的人的对话。miss “想念”。 Does your family live in Japan? Does your family reside in Japan? *reside “居住”。 我很想我的家人。 I miss my family a lot. (我很想我的家人。) I’ll bet you do. (一定是这样。) I feel lonesome without my family. *lonesome “孤独的”。 I wish my family were with me. (真希望我能和家人在一起。) *wish表示的是和现在的事实相反的愿望, “我要是能够……就好了”。 我要往日本挂一个对方付费电话。 Do you need some help? (需要帮忙吗?) I need to make a collect call to Japan. (我要往日本挂一个对方付费电话。) *collect call “对方付费电话”。 I need to call Japan collect. I need to make a call to Japan collect. I have to make a collect call to Japan. 日本人习惯了高物价。 People in Japan are immune to high prices. (日本人习惯了高物价。) They also earn a higher salary. (他们挣得也多啊。) *be immune to ... “对……具有免疫力”、 “不受……的影响”。 People in Japan are used to high prices. *be used to ... “习惯于……”。 People in Japan are accustomed to high prices. *be accustomed to ... “习惯于……”。 食品贵得让人难以置信。 My grocery bill is high. (我购买食品的开销很大。) The cost of food is incredible. (食品贵得让人难以置信。) *grocery “食品杂货”。 *incredible “不能相信的”、 “不可思议的”。 The cost of food is unbelievable. *unbelievable “无法相信的”。 I can’t believe how much food costs. Food is so expensive. (食品很贵。) 你会说哪几门外语? I’ve been overseas many times. (我出过许多次国。) So, what foreign languages do you speak? (那, 你会说哪几门外语?) Can you speak any other languages? (你还会说什么语言?) Do you speak any foreign languages? (你会说外语吗?) 你能用英语很好地交流吗? Can you communicate well in English? (你能用英语很好地交流吗?) Yes, I speak quite well. (能, 我说得很好。) *communicate “沟通”、 “传达”。 Can you manage to make yourself understood in English? *manage to ... “设法做到”。make oneself understood是“使别人理解自己(的想法或发言)”的习惯用语。 Can you make yourself understood in English? Can people understand your English? (你说的英语别人能听懂吗?) 我英语说得不好。 I can’t speak English very well. (我英语说得不好。) You sound pretty good to me. (我认为说得不错。) *这里的sound指“认为……”。 I am not fluent in English. *fluent “流畅的”。 I’m not very good at speaking English. My English is poor. 我们想要一个日语导游。 Can I help you? (有什么事吗?) We’d like a Japanese-speaking guide, please. (我们想要一个日语导游。) *Can I help you? 售货员或前台职员对顾客或来宾说的习惯用语。 *We’d是We would的缩写。would like “想要”。guide “导游”。 Could we have a Japanese-speaking guide? We want a Japanese-speaking guide. We’d like to request a Japanese-speaking guide. *would like to ... “想做……”。request “请求”、 “要求”。 他的英语怎么样? How’s his English? (他的英语怎么样?) It’s not bad at all. (很好。) *How’s是How is的缩写。 *直译是“一点儿也不坏”, 这么说也就是“很好”的意思。 How would you rate his English? (你认为他英语说得怎么样?) *rate “评价”。 Does he speak decent English? (他英语说得地道吗?) *decent “地道的”、 “合适的”、 “文雅的”。 Is he a good English speaker? (他英语说得好不好?) 他英语掌握得很好。 Does he speak any English? (他会说英语吗?) He has a good command of English. (他英语掌握得很好。) *command “掌握”、 “运用(信息或语言等的)能力”。 He has a real grasp of English. *grasp “理解力”。 He speaks English well. (他英语说得很好。) He speaks like a native. (他说话就像本地人。) *native “本地人”。 He is practically fluent in English. (他英语说得非常流畅。) *practically “实质上”。fluent “流畅的”。 这个用英语怎么说? What is it called in English? (这个用英语怎么说?) It is called a pencil. (这个叫“pencil”。) *这里的call指“叫做”。 How do you say it in English? What’s its English name? (它的英语名字叫什么?) 这个英语正确吗? Is this English correct? (这个英语正确吗?) It’s perfect. (完全正确。) *correct “正确的”、 “准确的”。 Is this English right? Does this sound like correct English? (这个英语听上去正确吗?) 你能用简单的英语再说一遍吗? Did you understand what I said? (你听得懂我说的吗?) Can you put it in plain English? (你能用简单的英语再说一遍吗?) *这里的put指“表达”, 所以这句话的意思就是“你能用简单的英语表达吗?”。 Can you put it in simple English? Could you say it in plain English? 我的英语都扔了很长时间了。 I gave up on learning English a long time ago. (我的英语都扔了很长时间了。) Maybe you should try picking it up again. (你也许可以试着重新捡起来。) *give up on ... “放弃”。a long time ago “很久以前”。 I stopped trying to learn English a long time ago. I quit trying to become an English speaker long ago.

使用道具 举报

15#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:25:48 |只看该作者
和来日外国人的交谈 这是你第一次到日本吗? Is this your first trip to Japan? (这是你第一次到日本吗?) I was here once before. (我以前来过一次。) *first trip “首次旅行”。 Have you been to Japan before? (你以前到过日本吗?) Ever been to Japan? (你以前到过日本吗?) 你习惯日本的生活了吗? Are you getting used to Japan? (你习惯日本的生活了吗?) I’m feeling right at home. (我感觉很舒适。) *get used to ... “习惯于……”。feel at home “放松”、 “舒适”。 Are you becoming accustomed to Japan? *become accustomed to ... “变得习惯……”。 Getting more familiar with Japan? *get familiar with ... “和……亲近起来”、 “熟悉……”。 你在日本过得愉快吗? Are you enjoying your stay in Japan? (你在日本过得愉快吗?) Very much, thank you. (非常愉快, 谢谢。) *这里的stay是名词, 指“逗留时间”。 How are you enjoying your stay in Japan? (你在日本过得怎么样?) How do you like Japan? (你觉得日本怎么样?) 你在日本有银行账户吗? Do you have a bank account in Japan? (你在日本有银行账户吗?) Actually, I have two; one personal and one business. (实际上我有两个, 一个是私人账户, 一个是公司账户。) *account “账户”。 Do you have an account at a Japanese bank? (你在日本的银行有户头吗?) Do you have an account at any bank in Japan? 你对东京的印象怎么样? What’s your impression of Tokyo? (你对东京的印象怎么样?) It’s really something. (很好。) *impression “印象”。 *这里的something指“了不起”、 “很好”。 What do you think of Tokyo so far? (目前为止你认为东京怎么样?) *so far “目前为止”、 “到现在”。 How do you find Tokyo? 你是哪国人? What’s your nationality? (你是哪国人?) I am an American. (我是美国人。) *nationality “国籍”。 What country do you come from? (你从哪个国家来的?) *come from ... “来自……”。 What is your country of origin? (你是哪个国家的?) Where are you from originally? (你原来是哪儿的?) *originally “本来”、 “原来”。 你从哪儿来的? Where are you from? (你从哪儿来的?) I’m from Chicago. (我从芝加哥来的。) *这里的from指“从……来”。 Where were you born? (你在哪儿出生的? ) Where is your birth place? (你的出生地是哪儿?) Where is your hometown? (你的家乡在哪里?) Where do you come from? 你学过日语吗? Have you studied Japanese? (你学过日语吗?) I am still studying the language. (我正在学。) How well do you know Japanese? (你懂得多少日语? ) How is your Japanese? (你的日语怎么样?) Do you speak Japanese? (你会说日语吗? ) 你的母语是什么? What is your mother tongue? (你的母语是什么?) English is my first language. (是英语。) *mother tongue “母语”、 “本国语”。 What is your native language? *native language “母语”。 Which language did you grow up with? 你说话带法国口音。 You have a French accent. (你说话带法国口音。) That’s where I’m from. (我来自法国。) *这里的accent指“口音”。 You sound like you’re from France. (你听起来像是法国人。) *sound “听起来”。 You speak with a French accent. 他有很重的澳大利亚口音。 He has a strong Australian accent. (他有很重的澳大利亚口音。) Yes, it’s hard to understand him, isn’t it? (是, 他说的话很难听懂, 是吧?) *这里的strong指“相当的”、 “很重的”。 *hard “困难的”、 “很难的”。understand “理解”。 His English has a strong Australian accent. He speaks English with a strong Australian accent. He has a pronounced Australian accent. He has a slight Australian accent. (他说话带一点澳大利亚口音。) *slight “轻微的”、 “一点点的”、 “少许的”。 我说得对吗? Did I say it correctly? (我说得对吗?) Just perfect. (再对不过了。) *correctly “正确地”。 *perfect “完美的”。 Did I say that right? *right “正确地”。 Is that the way to say it? (是这么说的吧?) 你要延长留下来的时间吗? This work is taking longer than expected. (这个工作比预计的要花更长的时间。) Are you extending your stay, then? (那么你要延长留下来的时间吗?) *expect “期待”、 “希望”。 *extend “延长”、 “推迟”、 “扩张”。 Will you be staying longer? Have you decided to stay longer? 你不用给小费。 How much should I tip? (我该给多少小费呢?) You don’t need to tip. This is Japan. (你不用给小费。这里是日本。) *tip是动词, “给小费”。 A tip is not required. *required是require的过去分词, 意思是“被要求”。 Tipping is not necessary. *necessary “必要的”。 你不介意和我共用一把伞吧? I hope you don’t mind sharing your umbrella with me. (你不介意和我共用一把伞吧?) Not at all. (怎么会。) *请求共用雨伞时的说法。直译是“我希望你不介意让我共用你的伞”。share an umbrella 指“共用一把伞”、 “进入同一把伞下”。 I’d be honored to accept your offer. (我很荣幸同你共用一把伞。) *这句话只用在对方发出邀请的场合。 Thank you for offering to share your umbrella. (谢谢你让我和你共用一把伞。) 【疑问句的回答方式】 美国是一个对香烟有相当严格规定的国家。在飞机上, 所有坐位自然都是禁烟席。在加利福尼亚州, 不仅饭店, 就连咖啡屋、 酒吧这样的地方也全部是禁烟区。因为美国是这样的国家, 所以吸烟的时候, 即使没有禁烟标记, 也最好问问周围的人是否可以吸烟。问题就是应该怎么来问和答。 A: Do you mind if I smoke? (我能吸烟吗?) 对于这个疑问句的回答, 很多中国人都容易出错。这里请加以注意。即使知道该怎么回答的人, 突然被问到的时候, 也容易把“Yes”和“No”的意思理解错误。对于A问题, 如果对方做像B1或B2的回答, 应该怎么做好呢? B1: (1) Yes. (2) Yes, I do mind. (3) I’d rather you didn’t. 回答(1)是说“请不要吸烟”; 回答(2)是说“我希望你能不吸烟”; 回答(3)是说“可以的话, 请您尽量不吸烟”。如果因为对方回答“Yes”, 所以不由得越发想吸烟, 这就会造成误解。下面看看B2的回答。 B2: (4) No, not at all. (5) Of course not. (6) No, I don’t mind. 这些回答中虽然有“No”、 “not”, 但它们的意思却分别是(4)“不, 请吧”;(5)“当然不, 请随便”; (6)“不, 我不介意”。因为对方说了“No”, 所以就容易错认为他说的意思是“请不要吸烟”。实际上, 正好相反。 好了, 现在怎么样?是不是能够正确使用“Yes”和“No”, 流畅地进行会话了呢?

使用道具 举报

16#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:28:53 |只看该作者
经营 ●经营方针 我们的长期目标是…… What does your company hope to accomplish? (你们公司希望完成什么目标?) Our long-term goal is to dominate the market. (我们的长期目标是主导市场。) *accomplish “完成”。 *long-term “长期的”。term “期间”。dominate “支配”。 Our ultimate goal is to double in size. (我们的最终目标是将规模扩大一倍。) That’s a good goal. (这个目标很好。) *ultimate “最终的”、 “终极的”。double “增加到两倍”。 Our ultimate objective is ... Our ultimate aim is ... *aim “目标”、 “目的”。 下个月起就实行这个制度。 When do we become a nonsmoking office? (我们公司什么时候实行无烟制?) The policy will take effect next month. (下个月起就实行这个制度。) *policy “政策”。take effect “生效”。 The policy will become effective next month. The policy will go into effect next month. 这是公司的政策。 Why do I have to do it that way? (我为什么非得那么做?) It’s company policy. (这是公司的政策。) It’s a policy enforced by the company. (这是公司实施的政策。) *enforce “实施”、 “强制执行”。 It’s the company’s policy. 那样做就违背了公司的政策。 Let’s ask him to work 45 hours per week. (我们可以要求他每星期工作45小时。) Doing that would go against our policy. (那样做就违背了公司的政策。) *per “每”。 *go against “违背”、 “反对”。policy “方针”、 “政策”。 That would be acting against our policy. (那样做就违背了我们的政策。) We would be breaking our own policy. *break “破坏(规则等)”。 我们的立场…… You won’t budge? (你不让步吗?) Our position is firm. (我们的立场非常坚定。) *won’t是will not的缩写。budge “让步”、 “改变(意见等)”。 *position “(人或物的)位置”、 “立场”。firm “坚定的”、 “坚决的”。 Our opinion is ... (我们的观点是……) *opinion “意见”、 “想法”。 Our stand is ... *stand “立场”、 “观点”、 “态度”。 这是我们关心的主要问题之一。 What is your position on employee loyalty? (对于雇员的忠诚你持什么立场?) It’s one of our main concerns. (这是我们关心的主要问题之一。) *concern “担心”、 “关心的事”。 It’s high on our priority list. (这是我们优先考虑的问题。) *priority “优先考虑的事”、 “优先权”。 It’s one of our main priorities. (这是我们优先考虑的问题之一。) 该把我们的业务扩大一些了。 It’s time to branch out a little. (该把我们的业务扩大一些了。) We can do that. (我们可以那么做。) *branch out “扩大活动范围”、 “扩张事业”。 We have to diversify. *diversify “扩大事业”、 “从事多种经营”。 We should diversify a little. 我们该扩大市场份额。 We need to expand our market share. (我们该扩大市场份额。) That should be easy. (那很容易。) *expand “扩大”、 “使膨胀”。 We need to bring our sales up. (我们得提高销售额。) *bring “使得”。 We need to expand our business. (我们得扩大我们的业务。) 我们要向新的商业领域迈进。 We’re branching out into a new line of business. (我们要向新的商业领域迈进。) That sounds profitable. (听起来有利可图啊。) *branch out “把活动扩大到其他领域”。这里的line指“领域”。 *这里的sound指“听起来”、 “似乎”。profitable “有益的”、 “有赢利的”。 Your company seems very busy now. (你们公司现在看起来很忙。) We’ve decided to branch out into other kinds of businesses. (我们决定开拓其他商业领域。) We’re starting a new line of business. *start “开始”。 We’re expanding our business. (我们要扩大业务。) *be + ...ing “打算做……”。expand “扩张”。 We’ve decided to diversify. *diversify “多样化”、 “从事多元经营”。 We’re going to try other businesses as well. 完全是个新局面。 The company has really grown! (公司真的发展起来了!) Yes, it has. It’s a whole new ball game. (是啊, 完全是个新局面。) *whole “完全的”、 “全体的”、 “全部的”。a whole new ball game “完全不同的形势”。 The rules have completely changed. The situation is totally different now. *totally “完全地”。 我们要在新业务上投入大量的时间和金钱。 We’ll spend a lot of time and money on the new business. (我们要在新业务上投入大量的时间和金钱。) That’s natural. (那是自然。) *spend “度过(时光)”、 “花费(金钱)”。a lot of ... “很多……”。 *natural “自然的”、 “当然的”。 The new business will take a lot of time and money. *这里的take指“需要(时间等)”。 The new business will be expensive and time consuming. (这项新业务既花钱又费时。) *expensive “昂贵的”。consume “消耗”。 我希望我们的活动能起作用。 I hope our campaign works. (我希望我们的活动能起作用。) I’m sure it will. (我想一定会的。) *campaign “(广告、 销售等一系列的)活动”。这里的work指“(方法、 计划等)顺利实施”、 “有效”。 I hope our campaign is successful. *successful “成功的”、 “取得好结果的”。 I hope our campaign is a success. I hope our campaign goes well. 你为什么选择我们作为合伙人? Why did you choose us as partners? (你为什么选择我们作为合伙人?) Your reputation is flawless. (你们的信誉很好。) *choose “选择”。partner “共同出资者”、 “合伙人”。 *reputation “评价”、 “名誉”。flawless “没有缺点的”、 “完美的”。 Why did you select us to be your partners? What made you choose us as partners? 我们能不能把生意扩大到海外市场呢? We need to find more customers for our products. (我们得为产品找到更多顾客。) Should we expand our business to the overseas market? (我们能不能把生意扩大到海外市场呢?) *expand “扩大”、 “扩张”。overseas “海外”、 “国外”。market “市场”。 Do you think we should expand overseas? Do you think expanding our business overseas would help? Should we try breaking into the overseas market? *break into “进入(新的职业或领域等)”。 我们要走向国际。 Are you staying in the States? (你们就立足美国国内市场吗?) No, We’re going international. (不, 我们要走向国际。) We’re planning a move overseas. *overseas “海外”、 “国外”。 We’re planning to open overseas as well. *这里的open指“开拓”、 “开辟”。 我们打算进入美国市场。 Where else do you do business?(你们还在哪里做生意?) We’re moving into the U.S. market. (我们打算进入美国市场。) *这里的market指“市场”、 “销路”。 We’re opening branches in the U.S. (我们准备在美国开分公司。) *branch “分公司”。 We’re beginning to move into the U.S. market. 我们要把产品生产转移到海外。 We’re shifting our production overseas. (我们要把产品生产转移到海外。) I hope it’s profitable for you. (希望那样做对你们公司有利。) *production “生产”、 “制造”。 We’re going to produce overseas. We’re going to shift our production overseas. 你们针对什么样的消费者? Who is your target audience? (你们针对什么样的消费者?) Young adults under 30 years of age. (30岁以下的年轻人。) *target意思是“目标”、 “对象”。audience意思是“受众”, target audience指的是“针对的消费者阶层”、 “目标受众”。 What market segment are you shooting for? *segment “区分”。shoot for “争取得到”。 What kind of consumers are you aiming for? *consumer “消费者”。aim “瞄准”。 质量比外观更重要。 How important is appearance? (外观有多重要?) Quality is more important than appearance. (质量比外观更重要。) Quality matters more than appearance. *matter “要紧”。 Quality is the most important thing. (质量是最重要的。) 展览室不是用来销售我们的产品, 而是用来宣传我们的形象。 Showrooms are not the place to sell our products, but to sell our image. (展览室不是用来销售我们的产品, 而是用来宣传我们的形象。) I never thought of it that way before. (我以前从没有这样想过。) *product指“产品”, 因为这里不单是一个产品, 所以用了复数products。 We sell our image at the showrooms, not our products. *“... not ...” 这种表达方式可以部分否定not后面出现的词句。 Showrooms aren’t where we sell products, but where we sell image. *not ... but ... “不是……而是……”。 我们正在实现电脑化。 Your company is not keeping up with the times. (你们的公司跟不上时代。) We’re in the process of computerizing. (我们正在实现电脑化。) *keep up with ... “跟上”。 *in the process of ... “在……的过程当中”。computerizing “电脑化”。 We’re in the process of computerizing the system. We’re updating our system with computers. *update “更新换代”。 我们的办公设备要更新吗? Are we going to upgrade our office equipment? (我们的办公设备要更新吗?) Yes, we have no choice. (要的, 我们别无选择。) *upgrade “升级”、 “提高(品质等)”。equipment “设备”、 “机器”。 Are we going to replace our office equipment? *replace “更换”。 Do you know if we’re upgrading our office equipment? 我们必须强化我们的经营方针。 We must tighten up our management policies. (我们必须强化我们的经营方针。) I think that’ll make a huge impact. (我认为那样会产生极大的影响。) *tighten up “强化(限制措施等)”、 “严格管理”。management policy “经营方针”。 *make a huge impact “产生巨大的影响”。 We need stricter management policies. (我们需要更加严格的经营方针。) We have to enforce our management policies. (我们必须强化我们的经营方针。) *enforce “强迫执行”、 “强化”。 我们必须尽量缩减库存量。 We have to minimize the inventory level. (我们必须尽量缩减库存量。) Maybe we should have a sale. (也许我们需要搞一次促销。) *minimize “使减少到最低限度”。inventory “库存品”。 *maybe “也许”。 We need to lower our level of inventory. *lower “降低”。 We have too much inventory. (我们的存货太多了。) We need to get rid of our surplus inventory. (我们必须处理掉过剩的存货。) *get rid of ... “除去……”。surplus “过剩的”。 把价格尽可能压低。 Try to keep the price as low as possible. (把价格尽可能压低。) That is my main goal. (那正是我的主要目标。) *as ... as possible “尽可能……”。 Try to price the product reasonably. (给产品定个合理价。) *reasonably也有“相当”的意思, 但是这里表示“合理地”。 Keep the price as low as you can. 我们必须使我们的产品有所不同。 We have to differentiate our products. (我们必须使我们的产品有所不同。) That should be fairly easy. (那很简单。) *differentiate “区别”。 *fairly “相当地”。 We need to distinguish our products. *distinguish “区别”。 We need to make our products distinct. 售后服务很有必要。 How can we boost customer loyalty? (我们怎样能提高顾客的忠诚度?) After-sale service is necessary. (售后服务很有必要。) *boost “提高”、 “提升”。loyalty “忠诚”、 “诚实”。 *after-sale service “售后服务”。necessary “必需的”、 “必要的”。 We need to continue to offer customer service after the sale is made. (在销售完产品后我们必须继续给顾客提供服务。) *continue “继续”。 After-sale service is crucial. (售后服务至关重要。) *crucial “至关重要的”。 It is necessary to provide after-sale service. (有必要提供售后服务。) *provide “提供”、 “准备”、 “供给”。 我们的销售队伍不够强大。 I wonder why our sales are dropping. (为什么我们的销售量在下降呢?) Our sales force is insufficient. (我们的销售队伍不够强大。) *wonder “想知道”、 “对……感到疑惑”。drop “下降”。 *sales “销售的”、 “销售量的”。force “力量”、 “队伍”。insufficient “不充分的”。 Our sales force is not sufficient. We need a bigger sales force. (我们需要扩大销售队伍。) Our sales department is too small. (我们销售部的规模太小了。) *department “部门”、 “科室”。 那会是一场风险很大的赌博。 Any negatives in a possible merger? (如果合并会有什么不利吗?) It would be a big gamble. (那会是一场风险很大的赌博。) *negative “负面因素”。possible “可能发生的”、 “有可能的”。merger “合并”。 *gamble “赌博”。 It would be pretty risky. (非常冒险。) *risky “危险的”、 “有风险的”。 We’d be taking a big chance. *take a chance “冒险”、 “投机”。 我只好随机应变了。 What will you do with no guidelines? (没有指导方针你怎么做?) I have no choice but to play it by ear. (我只好随机应变了。) *guideline “方针”、 “政策目标”。 *play it by ear “随机应变”、 “即时应付”。 I have no choice but to make plans as I go. I have no choice but to see how it goes. My only choice is to go with the flow. *go with the flow “随形势而变”。 不管怎样, 我都会赢。 I may or may not sell the company. Either way, I win. (我可以卖公司,也可以不卖。不管怎样, 我都会赢。) Boss, you’re a genius! (老板, 你简直是天才!) Either way, I come out on top. (不管怎样, 我都会成功。) *come out on top “成功”。 I have nothing to lose, either way. (不管怎样, 我都不会吃亏。) 这些收入将捐给慈善机构。 What will the money be used for? (这些钱怎么用?) The proceeds will go to charitable organizations. (这些收入将捐给慈善机构。) *proceeds “(从事某种活动或变卖财物等的)收入”、 “收益”。charitable “慈善的”。organization “组织”、 “机构”。 The money collected will go to charities. (募集来的捐款将转给慈善机构。) *collect “募集”。charity “慈善机构”。 The money will be donated to charity. (款项将捐给慈善机构。) *donate “捐赠”。 The profits will be given to charity. (所得的利润将捐给慈善机构。) *profit “利润”。 我们公司重视团队合作。 What is the secret of your success? (你们成功的秘诀是什么?) We stress teamwork in our company. (我们公司重视团队合作。) *stress “强调”、 “重视”。teamwork “团队精神”、 “合作”。 Looks like your employees are happy. (你们的员工看起来都很愉快。) We’re trying to encourage team spirit. (我们力图鼓励团队合作精神。) *encourage “鼓励”、 “促进”。team spirit “团队的合作精神”、 “团结的精神”。 Our company stresses teamwork. Our company values teamwork. *value “重视”。 We’re trying to support team spirit. We’d like to have team spirit. ●资金操作 我们在等银行方面答复。 Have you heard anything yet? (有什么消息吗?) We’re waiting on the bank. (我们在等银行方面答复。) The bank hasn’t come through yet. *come through “联络”、 “(通知)到达”。 The bank is still deciding. (银行方面还没有结果。) 银行拒绝贷款给我们。 Have you heard from the bank yet? (银行方面有答复了吗?) The bank turned us down. (银行拒绝贷款给我们。) *turn down “拒绝”。 The bank denied the loan. *deny “拒绝”。loan “融资”、 “贷款”。 The bank refused us the money. *refuse “拒绝”、 “谢绝”。 银行就是那样的嘛。 I thought for sure we’d get the loan. (我以为我们肯定能贷到款。) Well, you know how banks are. (嗯, 银行就是那样的嘛。) *for sure “确切地”。 That’s the way banks are. Banks are known for being that way. 放高利贷的总还是会有。 We’re having trouble with financing.(我们资金上有麻烦了。) There are always the loan sharks. (放高利贷的总还是会有。) *have trouble with ... “因为……而苦恼”、 “苦于……”。 *There are ... “有……”。loan shark “高利贷者”。 We can always resort to a loan shark. (我们总还可以求助放高利贷的。) *resort to “依靠”、 “诉求”。 We could use a loan shark if we had to. (万不得已时我们还可以借高利贷。) 为什么不去贷款? We need some cash immediately. (我们急需一笔现金。) Why don’t you take out a loan? (为什么不去贷款?) *Why don’t you ...? “为什么不……”, 提出建议的说法。take out a loan “(向金融公司)借钱”。 Why don’t you borrow it from a loan company? (为什么不向金融公司借钱?) Why don’t you get what you need from a loan company? (需要的钱向金融公司去借不好吗?) 你手头有足够的现金吗? Do you have enough cash on hand? (你手头有足够的现金吗?) We need another hundred dollars. (我们还需要100美元。) *cash on hand “手头的钱”。 Will you need more cash? Do you have enough money available? *available “可现成使用的”。 我的现金不够了。 I’m running short of cash. (我的现金不够了。) Do you need a loan? (你需要贷款吗?) *run short of “短缺”。 I’m running short on cash. I’m running out of money. 你应该投资不动产。 What’s a good way to make money? (有什么挣钱的好方法?) You should invest in real estate. (你应该投资不动产。) *invest in “对……进行投资”、 “投入……”。real estate “不动产”。 You should buy real estate. (你应该购买不动产。) *property “地产”、 “房产”。 我们没有那么多钱。 This computer will cost you only $200,000.00. (这台电脑你只需花20万美元。) We don’t have that much money. (我们没有那么多钱。) *that much money “那么多钱”。 We don’t have enough money now. (我们现在没有足够的钱。) We really need one, though. (但是我们确实需要一台。) *句子中加入enough一词后, 就有“足够的”、 “(做某事所)必要的”等意思。 We don’t have enough money for that. We don’t have that kind of money. This is not a good time, financially. (从财政上讲这不是一个好时机。) We have to wait and save money. (我们必须等到攒够了钱。) 我们确实非常需要那笔钱。 Do you really need money that bad? (你们真的那么需要钱吗?) We desperately need that money. (我们确实非常需要那笔钱。) *这里that指“那么”。bad 指“很”, 从语法上来讲应该用badly。 *desperately “非常”、 “极度地”。 We need that money very badly. *very badly=very much。 We need that money in the worst way. *in the worst way “极度地”。 我没能弄到这笔钱。 You should’ve purchased those desks. (你真该买那些桌子。) I just couldn’t come up with the money. (我没能弄到这笔钱。) *should’ve是should have的缩写, 表示对过去事情的一种后悔或责怪的心情,意思是“本来应该……”、 “要是……就好了”。 *come up with ... “弄到……”。 I just didn’t have the money. (我就是没有钱。) The money just wasn’t available. (就是没有可支配的钱。) 还需要多少钱? How much more money is necessary? (还需要多少钱?) A whole bunch! (需要很多!) *necessary “必需的”。 *a whole bunch “很多的”。 How much more money do we have to have? How much more money is needed? 还欠6 000美元。 How much do we owe you? (我们还欠你多少钱?) Six thousand dollars is still outstanding. (还欠6 000美元。) *owe “欠”。 *outstanding “未付款的”、 “未完的”。 You still owe us six thousand dollars. Six thousand dollars. 他们的现金流动一定出了问题。 They must be having cash flow problems. (他们的现金流动一定出了问题。) What makes you think so? (你为什么这么认为?) *cash flow “现金流动”。 *直译是“是什么使你这么想?”。 They must be low on cash. *low on ... “缺乏的”、 “少的”。 They must be short on cash. *short on ... “……短缺”。 我想这笔钱是收不回来了。 They still owe us five thousand dollars. (他们还欠我们5 000美元。) I don’t think we’ll ever collect it. (我想这笔钱是收不回来了。) *owe “欠”。 *ever在否定句中表示“从来……”。collect “收(账、 债等)”、 “筹集资金”。 I don’t think we’ll ever get the money. I don’t see us collecting it. 我们只能把它作为坏账注销。 Did you collect from ABC Company? (你从ABC公司拿到钱了吗?) We have to write it off as a bad debt. (我们只能把它作为坏账注销。) *write off “把(负债等)从账上注销”。bad debt “(无法收回的)坏账”、 “不良债权”。 We’re going to lose money on this one. (这成了一笔坏账了吧。) It’ll end up being written off as a bad debt. (结局恐怕就是以坏账注销。) *end up ... “以……告终”。

使用道具 举报

17#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:29:26 |只看该作者
市场 ●市场调查 做一个有关消费者购买习惯的调查。 Any suggestions? (有什么建议吗?) Do a survey of consumer buying habits. (做一个有关消费者购买习惯的调查。) *do a survey of ... “做一个……的调查”。habit “习惯”、 “癖好”。 Find out the buying habits of consumers. *find out “找出”。 Check out how the consumers behave. *check out “调查”。behave “表现”。 我想研究一下销售数据。 I’d like to review the sales figures. (我想研究一下销售数据。) Right away. (好的, 马上。) *review “仔细调查”、 “复习”。sales figure “销售数据”。 I’d like to go over the sales figures. *go over “仔细查看”。 I need to see the sales figures. *这里的see指“查看”。 这是市场调查报告。 Here is the market research report. (这是市场调查报告。) Thanks for the hard work. (谢谢你。) *Here is ... “这是……”。market research “市场调查”。 This is the market research report. Here is the report on market research. *on “关于”。 这个市场对价格很敏感。 This market is sensitive to price. (这个市场对价格很敏感。) So, we should start low. (那么, 我们就以低价位开始吧。) *market “市场”。sensitive “敏感的”。 *这里的low指“低价地”。 This market is easily affected by price. (这个市场很容易受价格影响。) *affect “影响”。 Price is an important variable in this market. *variable “变量”、 “变动的因素”。 The price is market-sensitive. 市场已经停止了增长。 The market has stopped growing. (市场已经停止了增长。) Then we’d better slow down production. (那么我们最好降低产量。) *stop ...ing “停止……”。 Market growth has stalled. (市场的增长受阻了。) *stall “停止”、 “受阻”。 The market is no longer growing. (市场不再增长了。) *no longer ... “不再……”。 市场已经没有发展的余地了。 The market has hit its peak. (市场已经没有发展的余地了。) I hope it starts moving up again soon. (我希望它很快又能开始增长。) *hit “到达”、 “达到”。peak “顶点”。“达到顶点”包含“再往上不可想, 此后将萎缩”的意思。 The market has peaked. *这里的peak指“达到顶点”。 The market has hit the top. 市场已经饱和了。 We need to pull that product. (我们得从市场上撤回那种产品。) I know. The market has been saturated. (我知道。市场已经饱和了。) *saturate原意是“使饱和”、 “浸透”, 用在商业上就表示“(市场上的商品)供过于求”。 The market is flooded. The market won’t bear any more. *bear “适合”、 “忍受”。 市场上到处都是这类商品。 Is this a unique product? (这种商品很独特吗?) The market is filled with this kind of thing. (市场上到处都是这类商品。) *be filled with ... “充斥……”。 The market is saturated with this kind of thing. *saturate with ... “充满……”。 The market is flooded with this kind of thing. *flood with ... “充满……”。 市场没有活力。 Why haven’t sales picked up? (为什么销售量上不去?) The market is sluggish. (市场没有活力。) *pick up “(情况、 生意等)好转”、 “恢复”。 *sluggish “没有活力的”、 “停滞的”。 The market isn’t going anywhere. The market isn’t moving. 市场在扩大。 The market is expanding. (市场在扩大。) That means a greater profit for us. (那就意味着我们会得到更大的利润。) *expand “(向四周)扩展”、 “扩张”、 “发展”。 *mean “意味着”。great “大的”、 “很大的”。 The market is growing larger. *grow “(逐渐地)变得”。 The market is getting bigger. 那个领域十分活跃。 There’s so much going on in that field. (那个领域十分活跃。) It is definitely popular right now. (它目前很受欢迎。) *go on “(活动等)进行”、 “发生”。field原意是“原野”、 “野地”, 这里指“领域”。 It’s a popular area. (这是一个热门领域。) There’s lots of activity in that field. 这个市场竞争非常激烈。 This is a very competitive market. (这个市场竞争非常激烈。) Then we’re going to have to go for top quality. (那么我们就只有以高品质取胜。) *competitive “竞争的”。 *go for ... “以……为目标”、 “争取获得……”。 This market is highly competitive. There is a lot of competition in this market. 消费者都是喜新厌旧。 Consumers don’t stick to trends for long. (消费者都是喜新厌旧。) Because trends come and go very quickly. (因为时尚来得快去得也快。) *consumer “消费者”。stick to “坚持”、 “忠于”。trend “流行”、 “时尚”。 *come and go “(流行等)变化”、 “出现后又消失”。 Consumers don’t stick to one trend very long. Fads come and go. *fad “(一时的)狂热”、 “一时的风尚”。 Consumers don’t stick to one trend for a long time. 现在流行什么款式? What kind of fashion is popular now? (现在流行什么款式?) I don’t really know. (我不太清楚。) *popular “多数人喜爱的”、 “流行的”。 What is in style now? What is fashionable now? *fashionable “流行的”、 “时尚的”。 这是现在的热门话题。 This is hot right now. (这是现在的热门话题。) Fads come and go. (一时的流行罢了。) *这里的hot指“最新的”、 “时髦的”、 “热门的”。 *fad “短暂的流行”。come and go “变化”。 This is hot for the moment. (这是现在时髦的东西。) *for the moment “目前”、 “暂时”。 This is very popular right now. (现在这个非常流行。) *popular “受欢迎的”、 “流行的”。 这个产品会受年轻消费者的欢迎。 This will be popular with young consumers. (这个产品会受年轻消费者的欢迎。) That’s who we are targeting. (他们正是我们的目标客户。) *be popular with ... “在……中受欢迎”。consumer “消费者”。 The younger consumers will like this. This will be great for the younger consumers. 这个产品的国际市场是国内市场的两倍大。 How does selling abroad compare to selling at home? (和国内相比, 国外市场的销售情况怎么样?) The international market for this product is twice as big as the domestic market. (这个产品的国际市场是国内市场的两倍大。) *international market “国际市场”。domestic market “国内市场”。twice as ... as ... “……的两倍……”。 There is twice as much opportunity in the international market as there is in the domestic market for this product. (这个产品在国际市场上的商机是国内市场的两倍。) There’s twice the demand in the international market as there is in the domestic for this product. (国际市场对这个产品的需求是国内市场的两倍。) *demand “需求”。 我们并不完全了解市场的情况。 We don’t fully understand our market situation. (我们并不完全了解市场的情况。) I suggest you do some research. (我建议你们做一些调查。) *fully “十分”、 “完全”。market situation “市场的情况(状态)”。 *suggest “建议”。do research “做研究”、 “调查”。 We need more knowledge of our market situation. (我们有必要掌握更多的市场情况。) *knowledge “知识”。 We need to study our market situation. (我们必须学习把握市场情况。) 你对市场了解多少? How much do you know about the market? (你对市场了解多少?) It’s my area of expertise. (那是我的专长。) How familiar are you with the market? (你对市场有多了解?) I know very little about it. (我知道的很少。) How knowledgeable are you about the market? *knowledgeable “知识渊博的”。 What’s your level of knowledge regarding the market? (关于市场你了解到什么程度?) *regarding “关于”。 What do you know about the market? 市场的规模有多大? What’s the size of the market? (市场的规模有多大?) It’s about one billion dollars. (大约10亿美元。) *这里的size指“规模”。market “市场”。 *billion “10亿”。 How big is the market? Do you know the market size? 这个市场的增长率是多少? What’s the rate of growth in this market? (这个市场的增长率是多少?) It’s about 20% a year. (大约每年20%。) *rate “率”、 “比率”。growth “增长”。 Are you familiar with this market’s growth rate? (你了解这个市场的增长率吗?) *be familiar with ... “了解……”、 “熟悉……”。 What’s the growth rate of this market? ●景气及利润等 经济还没有从不景气中恢复过来。 The economy hasn’t recovered from the recession yet. (经济还没有从不景气中恢复过来。) How much longer do you think it will take? (你认为还要多久才会恢复?) *economy “经济”。recover “恢复”。recession “不景气”、 “(经济)衰退”。 The economy is still feeling the effects of the recession. (经济仍然受到不景气的影响。) *effect “影响”。 The fallout from the recession is still affecting the economy. (经济衰退仍留有影响。) *fallout “附带结果”、 “余波”。 经济不景气了。 I can’t find a job. (我找不到工作。) The economy is cooling off. (经济不景气了。) *cool off “变冷”。 Things don’t look so bright up ahead. (前景不是很光明。) *up ahead “前景”。 The economy is slowing down. *slow down “低迷”。 一些分析家认为利率会上升。 Some analysts think the interest rate will go up. (一些分析家认为利率会上升。) I hope it does. (但愿如此。) *interest rate “利率”。go up “上升”。 Some analysts expect the interest rate to increase. *expect “预期”。increase “增加”、 “上升”。 Some experts believe interest rates are on the rise. (一些专家相信利率会上升。) *rise “上升”。on the rise “向上升”、 “上升中”。 说不好将来会发生什么。 Will the stock market continue to rise? (股市还会继续上涨吗?) There’s no telling what will happen in the future. (说不好将来会发生什么。) *stock market “股市”。 *there is no ...ing “不能做……”。in the future “将来”。 We can not predict the future. (我们预测不了未来。) *predict “预测”、 “预言”。 We can’t tell what will happen in the future. We have no way of knowing the future. (将来的事我们无从知道。) The future is unknown. 市场真是萧条。 The market is really depressed. (市场真是萧条。) I know. We’re losing a lot of money. (是啊, 我们在大把赔钱。) *depressed原意是“消沉的”, 这里指“萧条的”、 “不景气的”。 The market has really gone down. The market is losing ground. *lose ground “失利”、 “衰退”。 下个月情况该会好起来的。 Business has been really slow. (生意真是不好做啊。) Things should be better next month. (下个月情况该会好起来的。) *这里的should指“可能”。 Things will improve next month. *improve “改善”。 Next month should be better. Things should pick up next month. *这里的pick up指“(情况等)好转”。 每年的红利是多少? What’s the annual dividend? (每年的红利是多少?) It’s been averaging 8%. (平均8%。) *annual “每年的”、 “例年的”。dividend “红利”、 “股息”。 *average “平均”。 What’s the yearly dividend? *yearly “每年的”。 What’s the annual return? *这里的return指“收益”、 “利润”。 你有钱投资吗? Do you have money to invest? (你有钱投资吗?) Yes, I do. (我有。) *invest “投资”。 Do you have the finances to invest? *finance “财源”、 “资金”。 Do you have investment money? *investment “投资”。 你持有股票吗? Do you own any stock? (你持有股票吗?) Yes, as a matter of fact. (有, 事实上我持有股票。) *own “拥有”。stock “股票”。 *as a matter of fact “其实”、 “事实上”。 Do you have any stock? Do you have a stock portfolio? (你拥有股票投资组合吗?) *这里的portfolio指“(投资者持有的)投资组合”。 你炒股吗? Do you play the stock market? (你炒股吗?) I’ve just started recently. (我最近刚开始。) *play 玩”、 “娱乐”、 “赌(钱)”, 这里指“从事……的投机”。stock market “股票市场”。 *recently “近来”、 “最近”。 Do you invest in the stock market? (你投资股票吗?) Are you a stock market investor? (你是股票投资者吗?) *investor “投资者”。 我不会把所有的钱都用来炒股。 I’m not putting all my money into stocks. (我不会把所有的钱都用来炒股。) Good. You should keep some money in the bank. (很好, 应该存一些钱在银行里。) *这里的put into 指“投资”。 I’m only putting some of my money into stocks. (我只用一部分钱来投资股票。) *only “仅仅”。 I won’t put all my savings into just one stock. (我不会把全部积蓄投到一支股票里。) *saving “积蓄”。 我正在学习有价证券。 I’m studying securities now. (我正在学习有价证券。) That sounds challenging. (听起来很有挑战性。) *securities复数, 表示“有价证券”。 *challenging “挑战性的”、 “有意义的”。 I’m studying securities at the moment. *at the moment “目前”。 I’m currently studying securities. *currently “目前”。 绝对没问题。 Will the stock go up? (这支股票会上涨吗?) It’s a safe bet. (绝对没问题。) *stock “(公司的)股票”。 *bet “赌”、 “赌注”、 “有可能成功的人(或事)”。 I’d say you can take it to the bank. (这绝对没问题。) You can be pretty much assured of it. *assure of ... “保证……”。 You can bank on it. *bank on “把希望建筑在……上”。 汇率在抵消我们的利润。 The exchange rates are eating into our profits. (汇率在抵消我们的利润。) We can’t do anything about that. (我们毫无办法。) *exchange rate “汇价”、 “汇率”。profit “净赚”、 “利益”。 We are losing profits because of the exchange rate. The exchange rate is causing us to lose money. (汇率变动让我们赔钱。) 汇率把我们害苦了。 That’s a lot of money. (真是一大笔钱啊。) The exchange rate is killing us. (汇率把我们害苦了。) *exchange rate “汇率”。kill原意是“杀”, 这里指“害苦”。 How’s business? (生意怎么样?) It’s been difficult with the exchange rate. (汇率弄得我们日子不好过。) The change in the value of the dollar is hurting us. The exchange rate is a problem. It’s been hard with the exchange rate. The exchange rate has been a drag. *日常的说法。drag “障碍物”、 “令人讨厌的人(或物)”。 ●和竞争对手的竞争 你们最大的竞争对手是谁? Who’s your biggest competitor? (你们最大的竞争对手是谁?) ABC Company, unfortunately. (很不幸, 是ABC公司。) *competitor “竞争者”、 “竞争对象”。 Who competes most with you? *compete with ... “和……竞争”。 Who’s your biggest threat? (你们公司最害怕的对手是谁?) *threat “构成威胁的人(或事物)”、 “威胁”。 X公司是我们的主要竞争对手。 X Company is our major competitor. (X公司是我们的主要竞争对手。) How do their prices compare to yours? (他们的价格和你们的相比怎么样?) X Company is our biggest competitor. (X公司是我们最大的竞争对手。) X Company gives us the most competition. (X公司给我们的竞争压力最大。) 这些是竞争对手的最新活动信息。 Here’s information about recent competitors’ activities. (这些是竞争对手的最新活动信息。) Thanks. This’ll be a big help. (谢谢, 这些信息太有用了。) *Here’s即here is, 表示“这是”。recent “最近的”。 Here’s information about our competitors’ recent activities. Here’s information concerning the recent activities of our competitors. *concerning “关于”。 竞争已经日趋激烈。 We have too many stores. (商店开得太多了。) Competition has become cutthroat. (竞争已经日趋激烈。) *competition “竞争”、 “比赛”。cutthroat “激烈的”、 “残酷的”。 The competition is getting intense. (竞争变得日趋激烈。) We’ll have to step up production even more. (我们得进一步增加产量。) *intense “(竞争等)激烈的”。 The competition is getting tougher and tougher. (竞争变得越来越激烈。) The competition is brutal. *brutal “严酷的”、 “非理性的”。 The competition is intensifying. *intensify “增强”。 The competition is heating up. *heat up “加剧”、 “变得激烈”。 我们的产品质量不如其他公司。 The quality of our products is inferior to others. (我们的产品质量不如其他公司。) Have you figured out why? (你找到原因了吗?) *quality “质量”。inferior to ... “比……差”。 *figure out “想出”、 “(考虑后)明白”。 Our products are not as good as others. (我们的产品不如其他公司的好。) *not as ... as “不像……(一样)”。 Other products are superior to ours. (其他公司的产品比我们的好。) *superior to “(品质等)优于”。 竞争对手太多了。 There is too much competition. (竞争对手太多了。) Let’s think about new marketing strategies. (我们来想想有什么新的营销策略。) *competition “竞争”、 “比赛”、 “竞争对手”。 *marketing “销售”、 “营销”。strategy “战术”、 “战略”。 We have too many competitors. We have too many rivals. *rival “竞争者”、 “对手”。 一场价格战正在展开。 There’s a price war going on. (一场价格战正在展开。) I hope the prices will continue to lower. (我希望价格继续走低。) *price “价格”。go on “发生”、 “继续”。 *continue to ... “继续……”。 They’re really competing for the lowest price. (他们真的都在竞争最低价格。) *compete “竞争”。 They’re fighting each other for the best price. (他们竞相降价。) *fight “打架”、 “斗争”。 要清楚,你们可是有竞争对手的。 We just raised the price. (我们刚刚提价。) Remember, you do have competition. (要清楚, 你们可是有竞争对手的。) *raise “抬高(费用等)”。 *这里的remember指“不要忘了”、 “请记住”。意思是说“即使不在这家公司(商店)买, 也可以在别的地方买到”。 You know, we can buy from someone else. (要知道, 我们还可以从其他人那里买到。) You aren’t the only company in town. (这个城里并不只有你们一家公司。) 我们还很落后。 We’re still way behind. (我们还很落后。) You should pick up the pace then. (那么你们应该快点赶上去。) *behind “在后面”、 “落后”。 *这里的pick up指“加速”、 “恢复(良好状态)”。 We’re still far behind. We’re still behind a lot. 他们打出低于我们10%的价格。 They’re undercutting us by 10%. (他们打出低于我们10%的价格。) We need to act on that quickly. (我们需要马上作出回应。) *undercut “售价低于”、“削价与……抢生意”。 *act on “根据(忠告或情报等)采取相应行动”。 They’re charging 10% less than we are. (他们的要价比我们便宜10%。) *charge “要(价)”。 We’re charging 10% more than they are. (我们的要价比他们高出10%。) 我们的价格具有足够的竞争力。 Should we lower our price? (我们要降价吗?) Our price is competitive enough. (我们的价格具有足够的竞争力。) *competitive “(价格或产品等)有竞争力的”。enough “足够”。 We’re very competitively priced. *这里的price是动词, 指“定价”。 Our price is highly competitive. 他们为什么能够保持那么低的价位? How can they keep their price so low? (他们为什么能够保持那么低的价位?) We should ask them how they do it. (我们有必要问问他们是怎么做的。) How are they able to keep their price so low? How can they sell their product for such a low price? 我们需要一个有竞争力的价格。 We need a competitive price. (我们需要一个有竞争力的价格。) We’ll have to lower our cost of production then. (那么我们必须降低生产成本。) We need a price that we can compete with. We need a price comparable with our competition. *comparable with ... “和……能够进行比较的”。 就是以现在的价格我们也只是勉强收回成本。 Wanna offer them a discount? (给他们折扣吗?) We’re barely breaking even with the present prices. (就是以现在的价格我们也只是勉强收回成本。) *Wanna是Want to的缩写。这句话是由“Do you want to ...”省略而来。 *barely “勉强”。break even “盈亏平衡”。present “现在的”。 We’re barely making anything as it is. *as it is “即使是目前的状况”。 Profits are almost nonexistent now. *profit “利润”。almost “几乎”。nonexistent “不存在的”。 以那个价格我们没法竞争。 How about ten dollars per unit? (一件10美元怎么样?) We can’t compete at that price. (以那个价格我们没法竞争。) *compete “竞争”、 “比赛”。 That price is out of line. (那个价格不合理。) *out of line “不寻常”。 That price is too high. (那个价格太高了。) 我们的价格不可能比他们的低。 We can’t beat their price. (我们的价格不可能比他们的低。) We need to try harder. (我们需要再努力些。) *beat “打败”、 “取胜”。their表示本公司以外的其他公司。 Their price is great. (他们的价格太好了。) Their price is better than ours. (他们的价格比我们的有优势。) 我们竞争不过X公司。 I heard that X Company is developing a similar product. (我听说X公司在开发一种类似产品。) We’re no match for X Company. (我们竞争不过X公司。) We cannot compete with X Company. *compete with ... “和……比赛”、 “和……竞争”。 X Company will beat us hands down. (X公司轻而易举就可以把我们打败。) *beat “打败”、 “战胜”。hands down “轻易地”。 看来你处于劣势。 I only have two employees. (我只有两个雇员。) It seems like you’re at a disadvantage. (看来你处于劣势。) *It seems like ... “看起来好像……”。be at a disadvantage “处境不利”。 It appears that you’re at a disadvantage. It seems that you don’t have the advantage. *advantage “有利之处”。 It appears you’ve lost your edge. *edge “优势”、 “强项”。 我们没有赢的机会。 ABC Company will be our competitor for this job. (ABC公司将是我们竞争这份工作的对手。) We don’t stand a chance. (我们没有赢的机会。) *stand a chance “有希望”。 There’s no chance of beating them. There’s no way we can compete with them. There’s no way to beat them. 我们处于非常激烈的竞争环境。 We’re in a very competitive environment. (我们处于非常激烈的竞争环境。) I know. It’s very stressful. (我知道。所以压力很大。) *competitive “竞争的”、 “竞争对手的”。environment “环境”、 “周围的情况”。 It’s sink or swim in this market. (这个市场上不是胜就是败。) *sink or swim “是成功还是失败”。 This business is highly competitive. (这个生意的竞争非常激烈。) 我们没法打败那家公司。 We can’t beat that company. (我们没法打败那家公司。) Find out how they’re doing it. (调查调查他们是怎么做的。) *beat “打败”、 “击败”。 The competition with that company is fierce. (和那家公司的竞争非常激烈。) *fierce “激烈的”、 “白热化的”。 That company is better than ours. (那家公司比我们强。) 我彻底亏了。 I’m completely beaten. (我彻底亏了。) How much did you lose? (你损失了多少?) *completely “彻底地”。be beaten “被打败”。 *How much ...? “(数量)是多少?” I’ve lost it all. I’m badly beaten. *badly “糟糕地”、 “严重地”、 “很”。 I’ve lost everything. *everything “任何事”、 “所有的事”。 如果不能打败他们, 就加入他们的行列。 What do you think about our competitor? (对于我们的竞争对手你有什么考虑?) If you can’t beat them, join them. (如果不能打败他们, 就加入他们的行列。) *competitor “竞争对手”、 “竞争企业”。 *这句谚语经常能够听到。意思是“无力胜之则从之”。 If you can’t beat’em, join’em. *口语形式。口语中的them发音不清晰。这也是一个习惯用语。 Do what they do, if you can’t do it better. *直译是“如果你不能做得更好, 那就做他们所做的”。 我们是不是要被收购了? Are we going to be taken over? (我们是不是要被收购了?) That is the rumor. (那是谣言。) *take over “兼并(公司等)”、 “收购”。 *rumor “谣言”。 Are we being bought out? (我们要被收购了吗?) *be bought out “(权利或公司等)被收购”。 Will we be getting new owners? (我们要换新老板了?) *owner “所有者”。 我们公司被ABC公司收购了。 Our company was taken over by ABC Company. (我们公司被ABC公司收购了。) Will it affect our jobs? (会影响我们的工作吗?) Our company was bought out by ABC Company. (我们公司被ABC公司收购了。) *buy out “收购(权利或公司等)”。 ABC Company bought us out. (ABC公司收购了我们公司。) ABC公司与XYZ公司合并了。 ABC Company merged with XYZ Company. (ABC公司与XYZ公司合并了。) What are they called now? (他们现在叫什么名字?) *merge “合并”。 ABC Company and XYZ Company merged. ABC Company and XYZ Company were conglomerated into one company. *conglomerate “使聚集”。特指某些企业为了达到多元化的目的, 和与自己行业不相关的企业不断合并, 实现快速增长的现象。 又一个竞争对手要破产了。 Another competitor is going bankrupt. (又一个竞争对手要破产了。) That could be good news for us. (对我们来说应该算是个好消息。) *competitor “竞争对手”、 “竞争者”。go bankrupt “破产”、 “倒闭”。 Another one of our competitors is going out of business. *out of business “破产”、 “倒闭”。 One more competitor is going bankrupt.

使用道具 举报

18#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:29:42 |只看该作者
经营业绩 ●销售额 销售额上升了10%。 How are we doing this month? (这个月销售情况怎么样?) Sales increased by ten percent. (销售额上升了10%。) *sales “销售额”。increase “增加”。 Is business getting any better? (生意有起色了吗?) Sales increased by 10% from last month. (销售额比上个月增长了10%。) *better “更好”。 Sales are up by ten percent. We gained ten percent in sales. *gain “增加”、 “获得”。 Sales are up 10% from last month. We’ve had a 10% increase from last month’s sales. (这个月的销售额比上个月增长了10%。) 销售额跌了10%。 Sales fell ten percent. (销售额跌了10%。) We need to find out why. (我们该找找原因。) *fell是fall的过去式。 *find out “找出”、 “寻求”、 “调查”。 Sales are down by ten percent. We lost ten percent in sales. 销售额上去了。 How are sales? (销售额怎么样?) Our sales are up. (销售额上去了。) Our sales results are better. (我们的销售业绩好起来了。) Things are looking up for us. (形势对我们有利。) *look up “好转”、 “改善”。 销售额已经到头了。 Sales have gone as far as they can go. (销售额已经到头了。) I think they can go even farther. (我想还可以更好。) *直译是“销售额高得不能再高了”。 *farther表示程度, “更加”、 “在此之上”。 Sales have gone as high as they can go. Sales have peaked. (销售额到顶了。) 销售量增加了5万台。 How are your sales this month? (这个月的销售情况怎么样?) Our sales have increased by 50,000 units. (销售量增加了5万台。) We increased our sales by 50,000 units. We sold 50,000 more units. (我们多卖出了5万台。) 销售量减少了5万台。 How well did we do this month? (这个月我们的销售情况怎么样?) Our sales have dropped by 50,000 units. (销售量减少了5万台。) *drop “减少”。 Our sales have fallen by 50,000 units. *这里的fall指“降低”、 “减少”。 We sold 50,000 less units. *sold “卖了”。less “更少”。 这个月的赢利超过了我们的预测。 How do we stand this month? (这个月我们的情况怎么样?) Our monthly earnings exceeded our forecast. (这个月的赢利超过了我们的预测。) *这里的stand指“处于某种状态”。 *earnings复数, “收益”。exceed “超过”。forecast “预测”。 The monthly earnings were higher than our forecast. Our forecast was lower than our actual earnings. *actual “现实的”、 “实际的”。 年销售额两年就翻了一番。 How healthy is the company? (公司情况如何?) Annual sales have doubled over two years. (年销售额两年就翻了一番。) *annual “每年的”、 “一年间的”。这里的over指“经过”。 Annual sales are two times higher than two years ago. *这里的times指“倍”。 Annual sales were half as much two years ago. (两年前年销售额是现在的一半。) *half “二分之一”。 你认为销售量还会这样增长下去吗? Do you think sales will keep going up like this? (你认为销售量还会这样增长下去吗?) I think sales will get even better. (我认为还会更好。) *sales “销售量”。keep “持续”。go up “上升”、 “增长”。 *even “甚至”、 “还要”。 Do you think sales will continue to soar? *soar “高飞”、 “急速上升”。 Do you think sales will keep skyrocketing like this? *skyrocket “急速上升”、 “大幅增加”。 销售额会创历史新高。 The sales will hit an all-time high. (销售额会创历史新高。) That’s great news. (这可真是好消息。) *hit “达到”。an all-time high “最高记录”。 We’re going to have the greatest sales ever. Sales are going to soar. (销售额会猛增。) 我们打破销售记录了。 Did we sell a lot this month? (这个月我们卖得多吗?) Our sales broke a record. (我们打破销售记录了。) *break a record “破记录”。 The sales were the highest ever. (销售额是有史以来最高的。) We’ve never sold this much before. (以前我们从来没有卖过这么多。) 我们获得了4%的市场份额。 What was our growth this year? (今年我们增长多少?) We have acquired 4% of the market. (我们获得了4%的市场份额。) *acquire “取得”、 “获得”。 How is your strategy working? (你们的战略起作用了吗?) We have captured four percent of the market. (我们占领了4%的市场。) *strategy “战略”。 *capture “取得”、 “占领(市场)”。 We have acquired a 4% market share. (我们获得了4%的市场份额。) We now have four percent of the market. (现在我们获得了4%的市场。) Four percent of the market is ours. (4%的市场属于我们。) 我们的市场占有率上升了5%。 How did we do last year? (我们去年的业绩怎么样?) Our market share went up by 5%. (我们的市场占有率上升了5%。) *market share “市场占有率”。go up “上升”、 “提高”。 Our market share is up 5%. We went up 5% in the market. We increased by 5% in the market. We have increased our share of the market by 5%. (我们把市场占有率提高了5%。) 我们现在是独霸了整个市场。 Are sales good? (销售情况好吗?) We’re monopolizing the market now. (我们现在是独霸了整个市场。) *monopolize “获得垄断权”、 “独占”。 We are controlling the market now. (现在我们控制了这个市场。) *control “控制”。 We have the market all to ourselves now. 我们的市场占有率在下降。 We’re losing our market share. (我们的市场占有率在下降。) How can we become competitive again? (我们怎样才能恢复竞争力?) *lose “失去”、 “丧失”。 *competitive “有竞争力的”。 Our market share is decreasing. *decrease “减少”。 Our market share is dropping. *这里的drop指“下降”、 “减少”。 今天的营业额减少了。 You look down. Why? (你看起来情绪不高, 怎么了?) Sales are down today. (今天的营业额减少了。) Sales are bad today. Sales are sluggish today. (今天的营业额萎缩了。) *sluggish “缺乏活力的”、 “呆滞的”。 产品需求量下降了。 How’s your business? (生意怎么样?) The demand for the product has dropped off. (产品需求量下降了。) *demand for ... “需要……”、 “要求……”。drop off “减少”。 Our product has become less desirable. *desirable “有价值的”、 “受欢迎的”。 Interest in our product has dropped. *这里的interest指“兴趣”、 “关注”。 我们是亏损经营。 We’re in the red. (我们是亏损经营。) We need to pick up sales. (我们得提高销售量。) *in the red “有赤字”。 We’re losing money. We are not making a profit. We’re in the black. (我们有盈余。) 今年我们亏损很严重。 How’s the company doing? (公司的经营状况怎么样?) We are way in the red this year. (今年我们亏损很严重。) *way 用来强调处于赤字经营。 We’re doing very badly this year. (今年我们的经营很不好。) We have had many losses this year. (今年我们的损失很大。) *loss “损失”、 “损害”。 我们总算扭亏为盈了。 Are you still in the red? (你们还亏损吗?) We’re finally back in the black. (我们总算扭亏为盈了。) *finally “最后”、 “终于”。be in the black “赢利”、 “挣钱”。这里插入back表示“回到赢利状态”。 We’ve finally started making money again. We’re back in the black at last. 我们勉强做到收支平衡。 I heard sales were slow this season. (我听说这个季度生意不太好。) We managed to break even. (我们勉强做到收支平衡。) *这里的slow指“(营业等)清淡的”。 *manage to ... “勉强做到……”。break even “收支平衡”。 We are breaking even. (我们收支平衡。) We’re not losing any money. (我们没有亏损。) *lose “损失”。 We were able to break even. *be able to ... “能够……”。 亏损经营我们支撑不了太久的。 We can’t afford to be in the red for much longer. (亏损经营我们支撑不了太久的。) I’m sure things will take a turn for the better soon. (我相信情况很快就会好转的。) *can’t afford to ... “无法负担……”。be in the red “出现赤字”。 *take a turn for the better “好转”。相反“恶化”就是take a turn for the worse。 We can’t afford to keep losing money. We need to start making money soon. (我们得马上开始赢利。) 我们已经克服了财政困难。 I hope things are getting better for you. (希望你们的状况开始好起来了。) We were able to overcome our financial difficulties. (我们已经克服了财政困难。) *overcome “战胜(困难等)”、 “克服”。financial difficulties “财政困难”。 We made it through our financial setback. *make it through ... “度过了……”、 “圆满完成……”。setback “挫折”、 “倒退”。 Our financial problems did not defeat us. *defeat “打败”、 “击垮”。 销售量就要回升。 Last month was slow. (上个月销售缓慢。) Don’t worry, sales are about to pick up. (不要担心, 销售量就要回升。) *be about to ... “马上就要……”。这里的pick up指“回升”、 “好转”。 Our market is beginning to heat up. (我们的市场开始变得有生机了。) *market “市场”。heat up原意是“温暖”、 “变热”, 这里指“有生机”的意思。 Looks like our market is improving. (看起来我们的市场正在增长。) *这里的like指“好像”。improve “变好”。 上个月利润猛增。 Profits increased sharply last month. (上个月利润猛增。) We must be doing something right. (我们什么地方一定做得不错。) *profit “赢利”、 “利益”。sharply “突然”。 Profits were up last month. (上个月的利润增长了。) Profits swelled quite a bit last month. (上个月的利润有相当大的增长。) *swell “膨胀”、 “增大”。quite “完全”、 “相当”。 你知道去年的销售情况吗? Do you have any information about the sales for last year? (你知道去年的销售情况吗?) All the records are on the computer. (所有的记录都在电脑里。) *information只有单数。 *record “记录”。 Do you have any information regarding the sales for last year? *regarding “关于”。 Do you have any information about last year’s sales? 请看这些销售数据。 Take a look at these sales figures. (请看这些销售数据。) Wow! I’m impressed. (哇, 真了不起!) *take a look at ... “看一下……”。figure “数字”、 “数额”。 *be impressed “给以深刻的印象”。 You should see these sales figures. Give these sales figures a look. 挣了大约1 000美元。 Was the deal profitable? (那笔生意挣到钱了吗?) I made about a thousand dollars. (挣了大约1 000美元。) *profitable “有利的”、 “赚钱的”。 *make “挣得(钱)”。 I earned about a thousand dollars. *earn “挣得”、 “赚得”。 I made a thousand dollars, more or less. *more or less “大约”、 “大概”。 我们的销售很快就会有起色。 Our sales should start picking up anytime. (我们的销售很快就会有起色。) I sure hope you’re right. (真希望你说的是对的。) *pick up “变好”、 “向上”。 Sales should start improving soon. *improve “改善”。 Our sales are bound to pick up anytime now. *be bound to ... “一定会……”。 还不知道。 Will it be a big seller? (销售量会大吗?) It’s too early to tell. (还不知道。) *too ... to “太……以致不能”。直译是“言之尚早”。 We can’t tell yet. *yet在否定句中表示“还”。 It’s still too soon to know. *still “仍然”、 “还”。 当前这项服务的需求很大。 How well is the service selling? (这项服务推销得怎么样?) This service is very much in demand now. (当前这项服务的需求很大。) *in demand “有需求的”。 This is a very popular service right now. (这是目前颇为流行的一种服务。) This service is a real seller right now. (这项服务现在销路很好。) 这本书很畅销。 The book is selling like hot cakes. (这本书很畅销。) What a relief! (那我就放心了。) *sell like hot cakes “畅销”。 The book is selling extremely well. (这本书卖得非常好。) *extremely “非常”、 “极端地”。 The book is selling like crazy. *sell like crazy “劲卖”。 The book is selling out quickly. (这本书很快就脱销了。) *sell out “(商品)脱销”。 The book is selling very fast. 我们刚刚创下销售记录。 We just achieved record sales. (我们刚刚创下销售记录。) Congratulations. (祝贺你们。) We just broke our old sales record. (我们刚刚打破了以前的销售记录。) We’re the top sellers in the field. (我们是这个行业最大的销售商。) 自从我担任董事长以后, 公司的业绩有了提高。 The company’s performance has improved since I’ve become the president. (自从我担任董事长以后, 公司的业绩有了提高。) We owe you a lot. (我们太感谢你了。) *“业绩”也可以用result或achievement来表示, 但是在这句话中用performance最好不过了。the president “董事长”。 *owe “应感激”。 Since I became president, the company’s performance has gotten better. *get better “变得更好”。 Since becoming president, performance at this company has improved. 我的生意很赚钱。 Making any money? (赚到钱了吗?) Yes, my business is very lucrative. (是的, 我的生意很赚钱。) *lucrative “受益的”、 “挣钱的”。 I have a moneymaking business. (我的买卖很挣钱。) *moneymaking “挣钱的”。 My business is making a lot of money. *make a lot of money “挣很多钱”。 这个新产品将是我们销量最大的产品。 This new product will be our biggest seller. (这个新产品将是我们销量最大的产品。) I hope you are right. (但愿你说得对。) *new product “新产品”。 This new product will become our best seller. (这个新产品会成为我们最畅销的产品。) Our new product is going to outsell everything. *outsell “比(其他的产品)卖得更多”。 X产品卖得很好。 How did our new product line do this month? (这个月新上的货卖得怎么样?) Product X was a great success. (X产品卖得很好。) *product “产物”、 “产品”、 “结果”。new product line “新产品”。 *great “伟大的”、“很棒的”。success “成功”。 Product X was a wonderful success. *wonderful “出色的”、 “令人吃惊的”。 Product X did extremely well. *extremely “极度地”、 “很”、 “非常”。 真高兴我们的产品卖得那么好。 We’re happy that our product has taken off so well. (真高兴我们的产品卖得那么好。) You can thank your advertising people for that. (你应该感谢广告部的人。) *We’re是We are的缩写。take off “(销售额等)急剧上升”、 “开始”。后面跟上so well, 起强调作用。 We’re so pleased that our product is selling well. We’re happy the product is doing as well as it is. 没几分钟我们的库存品就都卖光了。 We sold out of the entire stock in no time. (没几分钟我们的库存品就都卖光了。) We should go celebrate. (我们应该去庆祝庆祝。) *sell out “脱销”、 “卖完”。entire “全部的”、 “完整的”。stock “(商品的)库存”、 “存货”。 The stock sold like hot cakes. *sell like hot cakes是惯用说法,意思是“畅销”。 We were sold out in no time at all. It didn’t take long to sell everything. 我们公司现在状况很好。 Our company is in top form right now. (我们公司现在状况很好。) Congratulations. (祝贺你。) *top “最高位置的”、 “最好的”。这里的form指“状态”、 “情形”。 Our company is on top right now. Our company is in a great position now. 我们公司现在经营不错。 Our company is in good shape now. (我们公司现在经营不错。) Wonderful. I was worried for a while. (太好了。我还一度很担心呢。) *be in good shape “状态好”。 Our business is doing well now. Our company is shaping up now. *shape up “进展良好”、 “万事顺利”。 现在总算走上正轨。 How’s the new product coming? (新产品销得怎么样?) It’s just getting on track now. (现在总算走上正轨。) *这里的just指“总算”、 “勉强”。get on “乘上”。track “轨道”、 “铁轨”。 We’re just now getting it together. *get it together “把事情料理妥贴”。 It’s just now coming together. 我们公司终于开始连交好运。 Our company is finally on a roll. (我们公司终于开始连交好运。) Good. You’ve worked very hard for it. (很好, 你们付出了很大努力。) *finally “最后”、 “终于”。on a roll “连续交好运中”、 “连连获胜中”。 Our company is finally doing well. Business is finally picking up. *pick up “变好”、 “恢复”。 这不是我一个人的功劳。 Your company had record profits this year. (你们公司今年的赢利创了新记录。) I couldn’t have done it alone. (这不是我一个人的功劳。) *record “空前的”、 “创记录的”。profit “利润”。 *alone “以独自的力量”。 It was a group effort. (这是集体努力的结果。) *effort “努力”。 I couldn’t have accomplished it on my own. *accomplish “完成”。 ●业绩评价 上个月他的销售业绩最好。 How is the new guy doing? (新来的小伙子干得怎么样?) He was number one in sales last month. (上个月他的销售业绩最好。) *sales “销售额”。last month “上个月”。 He was our number one salesperson last month. *salesperson “销售员”。 He was top in sales last month. He was last month’s top seller. *seller “商人”、 “商家”。 我永远也破不了你的销售记录。 Hey, your sales look good. (嗨, 你的销售业绩看起来不错嘛。) I’ll never beat your sales record. (我永远也破不了你的销售记录。) *beat “打败”、 “战胜”。sales record “销售记录”。 I’ll never top you in sales. Your sales record cannot be beaten. 你今天有生意吗? Did you make a sale today? (你今天有生意吗?) Two small ones and two large ones. (做了两笔小的和两笔大的。) *make a sale “做买卖”。 Any sales today? How were your sales today? (今天的买卖怎么样?) 你买卖做成了吗? Did you close the deal? (你买卖做成了吗?) Yes. I thought this day would never come. (成了, 我还以为不行了呢。) *close “最后商定(交易等)”、 “结算”。deal意思是“交易”, 所以close a deal表示“成交”。 *直译是“我还以为这一天永远来不了”。 Did the deal work out? *work out “(事情)进展顺利”。 Did you agree on a deal? *agree on “同意……”。 我今天拿到合同。 I’ll get the contract today. (我今天拿到合同。) It’s about time. (总算是要拿到了。) *get “取来”、 “带来”、 “拿来”。contract “合同”。 *It’s about time. 表示“好不容易”、 “总算”的惯用说法。 The contract will be available today. (合同今天可以拿到手。) *available “可以利用的”、 “可以拿到手的”。 I’ll receive the contract today. (我今天可以拿到合同。) *receive “接到”、 “收到”。 这笔交易我谈成了。 I succeeded in negotiating the deal. (这笔交易我谈成了。) I was confident you would. (我早就相信你能行的。) *succeed “成功”、 “进展顺利”。negotiate “谈判”。deal “交易”。 *confident “确信的”、 “有自信的”。 I closed the deal. (我做成了这笔交易。) I succeeded in closing the deal. 今天的销售额上去了。 Sales are up today. (今天的销售额上去了。) Finally! (终于上去了!) *sales “销售额”、 “销售状况”。 Sales are on the rise today. Sales are looking good today. 今天什么也没卖出去。 There were no sales today. (今天什么也没卖出去。) Ouch! (太糟糕了!) We didn’t make any sales today. We didn’t have a single sale today. (今天一笔生意也没做成。) *single “一个的”。 销售情况很低迷。 Sales are sluggish. (销售情况很低迷。) I’m sorry to hear that. (真遗憾。) *sluggish有“懒惰的”、 “呆滞的”等意思, 但这里表示“(市场)萎缩的”、 “不景气的”。 *这里的“be sorry to ...” 指“对……觉得遗憾”。 Sales are slow. *这里的slow指“(营业等)清淡的”、 “不景气的”。 Sales are down. 他超过我了。 How are Mr. Jones’ sales this month? (琼斯这个月的销售业绩怎么样?) He’s ahead of me. (他超过我了。) *ahead of ... “在……的前面”、 “比……领先”。 He’s gotten further than me. He’s beating me. He’s doing better than I am. 不相上下。 Who has more sales between you two? (你们俩谁的销售额更高一些?) We’re neck and neck. (不相上下。) *neck and neck “不相上下”、 “难分高低”。 We’re really close. We’re right next to each other. 比赛还没结束呢。 Tom is winning the sales contest. (汤姆要赢销售比赛了。) It’s not even over yet. (比赛还没结束呢。) *win “胜利”。 *over “告终”、 “结束”。 Who won the contest? (比赛谁赢了?) It’s not over yet. (胜负还早着呢。) *直译是“比赛还没有结束呢”。yet “还”。 It just began. (才刚刚开始。) We are just beginning. (我们才刚刚开始。) It isn’t finished yet. *finish “结束”。 It’s not done yet. *done “结束”、 “完成”。 很遗憾你输了。 I’m afraid you’ve lost. (很遗憾你输了。) I’ll win next time. (下次我一定赢。) *I’m afraid “很遗憾”。you’ve是you have的缩写。lost是lose的过去式, 表示“失去”、 “丧失”、 “输”。 I’m sorry, you lose. Unfortunately, you’ve lost. *unfortunately “不幸地”、 “不凑巧地”。 竞赛以平局告终。 How did it go? (结果怎么样?) The competition ended in a tie. (竞赛以平局告终。) *competition “竞争”、 “比赛”、 “竞赛”。end in a tie “平局告终”。 It was a tie. The competition finished in a tied score. (比赛得分相同, 以平局告终。) 如果他让步的话, 我也会让步。 What do you think of the new deal? (对于这笔新交易你怎么想?) If he gives in, I will too. (如果他让步的话, 我也会让步。) *deal “交易”、 “合同”。 *give in “投降”、 “屈服”。 If he compromises, then I will too. *compromise “妥协”、 “让步”。 I’ll give in if he does. 下一个我们去骗谁呢? We really got him, didn’t we? (他上当了, 对不对?) Yeah, who’ll be our next easy victim? (没错, 下一个我们去骗谁呢?) *who’ll是who will的缩写。victim “受害者”, 这里指“愚弄对象”。 Who’ll we make our next easy victim? Who will be our next sucker? *sucker “容易受骗的人”、 “被愚弄的人”。 你做过陌生拜访吗? I’m an experienced salesman. (我是一个经验丰富的推销员。) Have you ever done cold calls? (你做过陌生拜访吗?) *experienced “有经验的”。 *Have you ever ...? “至今为止你做过……吗?”。cold calls “(无事先接触或缘由直接给潜在客户推销商品的)电话推销或上门推销”。 Have you ever done walk-in sales? *walk-in “没有预约的”。 Do you have experience with cold calls?

使用道具 举报

19#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:30:10 |只看该作者
成本 ●成本计算 我们想谈谈价格。 Is there something you’d like to talk about? (你们有什么想谈的吗?) We would like to discuss price. (我们想谈谈价格。) *you’d是you would的缩写。would like to “想要做……”。 *discuss “讨论”、 “审议”。 We need to talk about price. We would like to talk costs. *这里的cost指“价格”。 成本怎么办? What about costs? (成本怎么办?) We can manage. (我们能应付。) *What about ...? “关于……怎么样?”。 What about money? How about the costs? 要多少钱? We need a new copy machine. (我们需要一台新复印机。) How much will it cost? (要多少钱?) *cost “花费”。 Will it cost much? (要花很多钱吗?) How much does it cost? What will it cost? What will it come to? (要花多少钱?) *这里的come to指“总数为”、 “等于”。习惯用语。 要花很大一笔钱。 We can’t afford new equipment. (我们买不起新机器。) Yes, I know. It’s very costly. (是的, 我知道。要花很大一笔钱。) *afford “(经济上或时间上)负担得起”。equipment “设备”。 *costly “贵的”、 “值钱的”。 It’s very expensive. *expensive “贵的”、 “值钱的”。 It costs a great deal. *cost “花费”。deal “数量”、 “程度”。 a great deal “大量”。 这样的话可就超出预算了。 We need an extra week. (我们还需要一周时间。) It’ll run over the budget. (这样的话可就超出预算了。) *It’ll是It will的缩写。run over “超出(预算等)”。budget “预算”。 It’ll cause us to go over budget. *cause “使产生”、 “引起”。 That’ll make us go over our budget. 我们也许需要更多资金。 Will you be needing anything else? (你们还需要其他什么吗?) It’s likely that we will need more money. (我们也许需要更多资金。) *It is likely that ... “也许……吧”。 Most likely we will need more money. *most likely “一定”、 “十有八九”。 We will probably need more money. 我们增加了这个月的预算。 We have increased our budget this month. (我们增加了这个月的预算。) Does that mean I get a raise? (那是不是意味着我涨工资了?) *increase “增加”。 *mean “意味着”。raise “(工资等的)提升”。 We decided to increase the budget this month. *decide “决定”。 We have raised our budget this month. *这里的raise指“提高”。 我们削减了这个月的预算。 We have cut our budget this month. (我们削减了这个月的预算。) There go the free lunches. (这么说没有便宜可占了。) *这里的cut指“削减”、 “减少”。 *“There go ...”表示“因为这个原因……不行了”的惯用说法。free lunch “白拿的东西”、 “吃白食”。 We had to decrease our budget this month. *decrease “使……减少”。 We have decreased our budget this month. 它超出了我们的预算。 Why did you cancel the project? (你为什么取消了这个项目?) It’s over our budget. (它超出了我们的预算。) *over “超过”、 “超出”。budget “预算”、 “估计”。 We can’t afford it. (我们支付不起。) *can’t afford ... “负担不起……”。 It’s beyond our budget at this time. (它超出了我们目前的预算。) That’s way too expensive. The cost is too high. *这里的high指“(价格等)高的”。 That’s too much money. *much “很多的”。 它超出了预算。 It went over budget. (它超出了预算。) How much was the final cost? (最后的成本是多少?) *go over “超出”。 It cost more than what was allocated for in the budget. (花的钱比当初预算分配的要多。) *allocate “分配”。 It cost more than was planned. (花的钱比计划的多。) 这个项目的预算太紧张了。 The budget for the program is very tight. (这个项目的预算太紧张了。) We’ll do our best to stay within the budget. (我们会尽最大努力维持在预算内。) *budget “预算”。tight “紧的”。 *within “在……范围内”。 This program is on a tight budget. (这个项目的预算不多。) The program’s budget is very limited. (这个项目的预算很有限。) *limited “有限的”。 你计算过成本吗? Did you calculate the cost? (你计算过成本吗?) Yes, everything looks good. (是的, 应该没有问题。) *calculate “计算”。 *这里的look指“看起来”。 Have you calculated the cost? Has the cost been calculated? 这个月我的开销很大。 I’ve had a lot of expenses this month. (这个月我的开销很大。) I guess you’ll have to watch your money. (我想你该节约点了。) *expense “开销”、 “支出”。 I’ve had a lot of bills this month. My costs have been up this month. 我们的维护成本降了。 Our maintenance cost has been reduced. (我们的维护成本降了。) By how much? (降了多少?) *maintenance “维持”、 “保持”。reduce “减少”。 The cost for maintenance has gone down. There has been a price reduction on maintenance. *reduction “缩小”。 Our maintenance cost has been lowered. *lower “下降”。 这部机器对我们帮助很大。 This machine helps us out a great deal. (这部机器对我们帮助很大。) What does it do? (它是做什么用的?) *help ... out “帮助……摆脱困境”。 This is a very useful machine. (这部机器非常有用。) *useful “有用的”。 We couldn’t do anything without this machine. (没有这部机器我们什么也干不了。) 这可以帮助我们节约成本。 It’ll help to save money. (这可以帮助我们节约成本。) Then we should do it. (那我们应该那么做。) *save “节约、 节省(金钱或劳力)”。 It’ll help to keep costs down. *keep ... down “降低……”。 It’ll be cost-effective. *cost-effective “有成本效益的”、 “划算的”。 我们在……上花费过多。 Are we staying within our budget? (我们维持在预算内吗?) No. We’re spending too much money on supplies. (不, 我们在供给品上花费过多。) *within “在……以内”。budget “预算”。 *spend on “在……上花费(时间或金钱)”。too much “太多”。 We’re overspending on ... *overspend “花钱过多”、 “超支”。 We’re exceeding our budget on ... *exceed “超出”。 不要在招待上花费太多。 Don’t spend too much on entertainment. (不要在招待上花费太多。) How much is too much? (多少算太多?) *spend “花费”。entertainment有“娱乐”、 “演出”的意思, 但在此处意思是“招待”。 Limit your entertainment spending. (请控制你的招待费用。) *limit “限制”。 Don’t overspend for entertainment purposes. *overspend “花费过多”。purpose “目的”。 有太多库存不好。 It’s not good to carry excessive inventory. (有太多库存不好。) I couldn’t agree with you more. (我完全同意你的看法。) *excessive “过度的”、 “过多的”。inventory “存货清单”、 “库存品”。 *couldn’t agree with ... more是习惯用法, 表示“对……完全赞同”。不知道这种说法的人往往因为表示“赞成”的agree with前加了一个not, 而把它错误地翻译成“反对”, 这一点请注意。 Excessive inventory is not a good thing. We need to avoid excessive inventory. (我们得避免过多的库存。) *avoid “避免”、 “避开”。 我们要削减所有开支。 Business is slow this year.(今年的生意不好做。) We’ll cut down on everything.(我们要削减所有开支。) *这里的slow指“(营业等)清淡的”。 *cut down “削减(费用)”。everything “所有事物”。 We’ll just really cut back. *cut back “削减”、 “使减少”。 We’ll decrease everything. *decrease “使减少”。 我只得降低生产成本。 What do you need to do to increase profits? (为了提高利润你得怎么做?) I have to cut the cost of production. (我只得降低生产成本。) *increase “增加”。profit “收益”、 “利润”。 *cost “费用”。production “生产”、 “制造”。 I have to reduce the cost of production. *reduce “使减少”。 One thing we can do is lower the cost of production. (我们能做的一件事就是降低生产成本。) 低利润让我很担心。 How’s the new merchandise? (新产品的销售情况怎么样?) The low margin worries me. (低利润让我很担心。) *merchandise “商品”、 “货物”。 *margin “盈余”、 “利润率”、 “销售利润”。 The low margin bothers me. (低利润让我很头疼。) *bother “困扰”、 “使不安”。 I don’t feel good about the low margin. 开始的时候多少会有些损失。 There’ll be some loss at the beginning. (开始的时候多少会有些损失。) That’s true for any business. (任何生意都会这样。) *That’s true. “是那样的”。 *loss “损失”、 “损害”、 “浪费”。at the beginning “开始的时候”。 We’ll be in the red in the beginning. (开始的时候我们会亏损。) *be in the red “有赤字”。 We’ll lose money at first. (开始我们会亏本。) *at first “开始”。 We won’t be making a profit in the beginning. (开始的时候我们赚不到钱。) *make a profit “赚钱”。 我们会在一两年内达到收支平衡。 We’ll be breaking even within a year or two. (我们会在一两年内达到收支平衡。) That’s great news! (这可是个好消息!) *break even “不盈不亏”、 “收支平衡”。 We’ll stop losing money in a year or two. (我们会在一两年内不再亏损。) We should break even in a couple of years. *in a couple of years “用两三年”。 那肯定能挣钱。 We’re opening a new store downtown. (我们打算在商业区开家新店。) It’ll be profitable. (那肯定能挣钱。) *profitable “有益的”、 “能赚钱的”。 The money will be good. It should pay well. It’ll generate income. *generate “产生”。 ●广告及宣传 我们该促销这个产品。 We need to promote the product. (我们该促销这个产品。) Can we afford some ads? (我们有做广告的钱吗?) *promote “促进”、 “推销”。product “产品”。 *afford “负担得起”。ad是advertisement的省略, 指“广告”、 “宣传”。 We need to push the product. *push “推”、 “推广”。 We need to advertise the product. *advertise “为……做广告”、 “宣传”。 我们该花更多的钱做广告。 Sales are down. (销售额下降了。) We need to spend more on advertising. (我们该花更多的钱做广告。) *sales “销售额”。 *spend “用(钱)”、 “花销”、 “开销”。advertising “广告活动”、 “宣传”。 Not enough money is being spent on advertising. (在宣传上没有花足够的钱。) *enough “足够的”。 We require more advertising. (我们要求更多的宣传。) *require “要求”。 We should budget more for advertising. (我们应在宣传方面增加预算。) *budget “在预算中拨款给”。 We need to do more advertising. (我们该做更多的广告。) 请多做些广告宣传。 What can we do? (我们能做什么?) Please try more advertising. (请多做些广告宣传。) Please try to advertise more. We need to try more advertising. (我们该做更多的广告宣传。) *need to “需要”。 我们靠的只是口头宣传。 How do you get your business? (你们怎么揽生意的?) We rely on word-of-mouth only. (我们靠的只是口头宣传。) *rely on ... “依靠……”。word-of-mouth “口碑”。 We don’t do advertising. (我们不做广告。) *do advertising “做广告”。 We get business by word-of-mouth only. We rely on referrals. 对广告的反应怎么样? What was the reaction to the ad? (对广告的反应怎么样?) It was 98% positive. (98%都是积极的。) *reaction “反应”。ad是advertisement的省略, 指“广告”、 “宣传”。 *positive “积极的”、 “肯定的”。 How did they like the ad? How did the customers react to the ad? (顾客对这个广告的反应如何?) *customer “顾客”。react指“反应”, 是reaction的动词形式。 我们的广告反响很大。 We’re having an overwhelming response to our ad. (我们的广告反响很大。) The ad writer did a great job. (广告撰写人劳苦功高。) *overwhelming “压倒性的”。response “反应”、 “反响”。 *writer “书写人”、 “作者”。 The ad is bringing great response. (广告带来了很大的反响。) *bring “带来”。 The response from the ad is incredible. *incredible “无法相信的”、 “出色的”。 新广告起到了很大作用。 The new ad is really working. (新广告起到了很大作用。) Please mention that in our next meeting. (请在我们的下次会议上提一下这点。) The new ad is really showing results. The ad campaign is working. 多亏了广告, 它才成了畅销品。 I hear your pen is selling very well. (我听说你的钢笔卖得很好。) Thanks to the ad, it became a bestseller. (多亏了广告, 它才成了畅销品。) *thanks to ... “多亏了……”。ad是advertisement的省略, 指“广告”、 “宣传”。 It became a best seller because of the ad. As a result of the ad, it became a bestseller. (广告使它成为了畅销商品。) *as a result of ... “作为……的结果”。 表示公司部门构成的英语 根据企业、 团体的规模和行业的不同, 叫法会有所区别, 这里举的是具代表性的叫法。 部/处/科 Division 部门 Department 科 Section 组 Team 部门名称 法律事务(部) Legal 市场营销(部) Marketing 销售(部)/ Sales 营业(部) 财务(部) Finance 会计(部) Accounting 人事(部)/ Personnel 人力资源(部) 行政(部) Administration 生产(部) Production 电子数据处理 Electronic Data Processing (EDP) 研发(中心) Research & Development (R&D) 公关(部) Public Relations 海外事业(部) International 企划(部) Planning 信息中心 Information Systems 广告(部) Advertising 总务(处) General Affairs 采购(部) Purchasing 原料(部) Materials 教育培训(部) Education & Training

使用道具 举报

20#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:30:36 |只看该作者
工资和奖金 我拿的是月薪。 Do you get paid on an hourly basis? (你拿的是计时工资吗?) No, I’m on salary. (不, 我拿的是月薪。) *salary主要指公司员工等的“月薪”。be on salary 指“月薪制”。wage主要指付给体力劳动者的“周薪”、 “计时工资”, 直接用现金支付。 I’m paid a lump sum per month. *lump sum “一次性支付的金额”。 I’m a salaried worker. *salaried “拿薪金的”。a salaried worker “公司职员”。 我拿的是记件工资。 I’m paid on a piecework basis. (我拿的是记件工资。) Do you find the pay sufficient? (你觉得薪水够用吗?) *piecework “记件工作”。 *Do you find ...? “你觉得……吗?”。sufficient “足够的”。 I’m paid according to my output. *according to “根据”。output “产量”。 I’m only paid for the work l finish. 我拿的是计时工资。 I’m paid by the hour. (我拿的是计时工资。) Oh, I’m paid by the day. (哦, 我的工资是按天计算的。) I’m paid hourly. *hourly “每小时地”、 “按小时计酬地”。 I’m paid on an hourly basis. *basis “基础”、 “基准”。on a ... basis “以……为基准”。 今天我发工资。 It’s my payday today. (今天我发工资。) Good. You can buy lunch. (太好了, 午饭你请客。) *payday “发工资日”、 “发薪日”。 *buy也有“请客”的意思。 Today’s payday. I get paid today. 我会给你加薪的。 I need more money. (我需要更多的钱。) I’ll give you a raise. (我会给你加薪的。) *raise “加薪”、 “涨价”。 I’ll increase your salary. *increase “增加”。salary “工资”。 I’ll increase your pay. *pay也有“薪金”、 “工资”的意思。 I’ll give you a higher salary. 我涨工资了! I got a raise! (我涨工资了!) Congratulations! (祝贺你!) Why do you look so happy? (你看上去怎么那么高兴?) My salary went up. (我涨工资了。) *go up “上涨”。 They raised my salary! I received a wage increase. *wage “工资”。 My salary has increased. 我的工资涨了5%! I got a five percent pay raise! (我的工资涨了5%!) Congratulations! (祝贺你!) *pay “工资”。raise “上涨”、 “加薪”。 My salary was raised by 5%! *raise “上涨”。 My pay was raised by 5%! 因为财务上的困难, 工资降了。 Because of financial difficulties, salaries were reduced. (因为财务上的困难, 工资降了。) The employees must be upset. (员工们一定很不高兴吧。) *financial difficulties “财务困难”。reduce “减少”、 “紧缩”。 *upset “心烦的”、 “苦恼的”。 Salaries were cut because of financial difficulties. Financial difficulties caused the company to lower salaries. 你挣多少钱? How much do you make? (你挣多少钱?) That’s a private matter. (那是私事。) *如果彼此关系不亲近的话, 最好不要过问这类问题。这里的make指“赚”、 “获得”。 *private matter “私事”。 What is your salary? How much money do you make? 去年他赚了多少钱? How much did he make last year? (去年他赚了多少钱?) Over sixty thousand. (6万多。) What was his salary last year? What was his annual income last year? (他去年的年薪是多少?) *annual “一年的”。income “收入”、 “所得”。annual income “年薪”。 这个工资不低。 Satisfied with the salary? (你对工资满意吗?) Yes, the pay is good. (满意, 这个工资不低。) *pay “工资”。 The salary is good. The income is great. (收入很可观。) 我的工资不高。 My job doesn’t pay much. (我的工资不高。) You need to find a better job. (你该找一个更好的工作。) *直译是“我的工作收入不多”。 The job pays too little. I don’t make much money. *make money “挣钱”、 “拿工资”。 我的工作时间延长了, 工资却没涨。 I work longer hours but my salary’s the same. (我的工作时间延长了, 工资却没涨。) That’s not fair. (那是不公平的。) *work longer hours “工作时间延长”。 *fair “公正的”、 “公平的”。 My salary is the same even though I work more. *even though “虽然”。 I work longer hours but my salary doesn’t increase. *increase “增加”、 “上涨”。 我们的收入完全不一样。 Our incomes are completely different. (我们的收入完全不一样。) That’s because you are new. (那是因为你刚来。) *income “收入”、 “所得”。completely “完全地”。 I probably make as much money as you do. (我挣的钱可能和你一样多。) There’s no comparison between your salary and mine. (你的工资和我的不在一个档次上。) *There’s no comparison between ... and ...“……和……没法比”、 “其中一方的情况要好得多”。comparison “比较”。 Our incomes don’t even compare. (我们的收入无法相比。) *even “连”、 “甚至”。 We have completely different incomes. You can’t compare our salaries. Your salary and mine are totally different. 做那种工作不合算。 Why did he turn that job down? (他为什么拒绝了那份工作?) It doesn’t pay to do that kind of job. (做那种工作不合算。) *turn down “拒绝”、 “回绝”。 *pay “合适”、 “合算”、 “值得”。 What do you think of the contract? (你认为这份合同怎么样?) The pay is low for this kind of work. (这份工作给这样的工资并不高。) *contract “契约”、 “合同”。 *pay “工资”、 “薪金”。low “低的”。 That kind of job isn’t lucrative. (那种工作挣不到钱的。) *lucrative “挣钱的”、 “有利的”。 It doesn’t pay to do the job. For this work, the salary is usually higher. (做这种工作, 薪水一般要更高的。) *salary “薪水”。 The pay could be better. (工资应该可以更好的。) 我们的津贴是按工龄发的。 Does the job include benefits? (这个工作有津贴吗?) Our benefits are based on seniority. (我们的津贴是按工龄发的。) *benefit “利益”、 “恩惠”、 “津贴”。 *seniority指企业里经常适用的“论资排辈”。 Our benefits depend on your length of service. Our benefits are based on how long you’ve worked here. (津贴是按你在这里工作的年限多少来分配的。) 论资排辈的制度在逐渐变化。 The seniority system is gradually changing. (论资排辈的制度在逐渐变化。) Are you concerned about that? (你担心这点吗?) *gradually “逐渐”。 *be concerned about ... “担心……”。 The seniority system is slowly modernizing. (论资排辈的体制逐渐走向现代化。) *slowly “慢慢地”。modernize “现代化”。 Slowly but surely, the seniority system is changing. (虽说慢, 论资排辈的体制确实在变化。) *surely “确实”。 奖金没有我期望的那么多。 My bonus was not as big as I expected. (奖金没有我期望的那么多。) The company must not be doing well. (公司的经营一定不是很好。) *not as ... as “不像……一样”。expect “期望”。 My bonus was smaller than I was expecting. (奖金比我想像的要少。) I didn’t get as big a bonus as l expected. 就涨了一点点。 How much of a pay raise did you get? (你的工资涨了多少?) It’s a very small amount. (就涨了一点点。) *pay “工资”、 “报酬”。raise “加薪”、 “涨价”。 *small “小的”、 “少的”。amount “数额”、 “量”。 It’s minuscule. *minuscule “小写的”、 “非常小的”、 “一丁点的”。 It isn’t very much. (并不多。) 他在这家公司能拿很多的津贴。 Why is Mr. Smith still at his job? (为什么史密斯先生还没有换工作?) He gets a lot of benefits working at his company. (他在这家公司能拿很多的津贴。) His company offers a lot of benefits. (他公司给他很多的津贴。) He receives a lot of benefits from his company. (他从公司拿很多的津贴。) *receive “收到”。 我有一部公司的小汽车, 是额外的奖励。 I have a company car as a fringe benefit. (我有一部公司的小汽车, 是额外的奖励。) Wow, that’s a great benefit. (哇, 真是不错的奖励。) *as “作为”。fringe “附加的”。benefit “便宜”、 “特别恩典”。fringe benefit “附加福利”、 “附带的好处”。 The company gave me a car as a fringe benefit. I received a company car as a fringe benefit. *receive “收到”。 我会把你的钱放入保险柜。 I’ll put your money in the safe. (我会把你的钱放入保险柜。) That’s very nice of you. (你真是太好了。) *safe “保险柜”。 I’ll lock up your money. (我会把你的钱锁好。) *lock up “锁上放好”。 I’ll put your money in a safe place. (我会把你的钱放到安全的地方。) 银行几点关门? How late is the bank open? (银行几点关门?) They stay open until 6∶00 p.m. (下午6点。) *How late ...? “……到多晚?”。 When does the bank close? (银行几点关门?) What time does the bank close? 我想存2 000美元。 I’d like to deposit two thousand dollars. (我想存2 000美元。) We can take care of that, sir. (好的,先生。) *deposit “存款”。 I’d like to put two thousand dollars in my account. *account “银行账户”。 I’d like to make a two thousand dollar deposit. (我想存2 000美元。) 我的户头上几乎一点钱都不剩了。 I hardly have anything left in my account. (我的户头上几乎一点钱都不剩了。) I guess you can’t afford a vacation then. (那么我想你没钱度假了。) *hardly ... “几乎不……”。 My balance is almost zero. (我的余额几乎为零。) *balance “余额”。 My account is almost empty. (我的账户几乎是空的。) I don’t have very much money in the bank.

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

Archiver|航空论坛 ( 渝ICP备10008336号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 23:59 , Processed in 0.031200 second(s), 8 queries .