找回密码
 注册
搜索
楼主: 帅哥
打印 上一主题 下一主题

即学即用商务英语 [复制链接]

21#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:31:02 |只看该作者
人事变动 ●新职员 你是新来的吗? Are you new here? (你是新来的吗?) I’ve been here only two weeks. (我才来两星期。) *new 指“新上任的”、 “新加入的”。 Are you a new employee? Did you just start? Are you new to this office? (你是新来这家公司的吗?) 这是你的办公桌。 Where do I work? (我在哪儿工作?) Here’s your desk. (这是你的办公桌。) Your desk is here. This is your desk. 因为你是新来的, 所以你要听他的。 Listen to him since you’re a newcomer. (因为你是新来的, 所以你要听他的。) Yes, sir. I sure will. (是,先生。我一定。) *“listen to ...” 是“听忠告、 意见”的意思。since意思是“既然、 因为”。newcomer 指“新人”。 Pay attention to him because you’re new here. *pay attention to ... “注意……”。 Since you’re new, follow his lead. *follow “跟从”。 lead “指导”。 希望能不辜负您的期望。 Welcome to the company. (欢迎来公司。) I hope I can live up to your expectations. (希望能不辜负您的期望。) *live up to “不辜负(期望)”。expectation “期待”、 “期望”。 I hope I won’t let you down. (希望我不会让您失望。) *let ... down “使失望”。 I hope I’ll be able to meet your expectations. 他刚来我们公司。 I don’t recognize him. (我认不出他来。) He just joined our company. (他刚来我们公司。) *recognize “认出”、 “辨认”。 *join “参加”、 “加入”。 He’s just started. He just joined us. 你们是怎么培训新员工的? How do you train new employees? (你们是怎么培训新员工的?) We have a two-week training program. (我们有为期两周的培训项目。) *train “培训”、 “锻炼”。employee “雇员”。 What method do you use to train new employees? *method “方法”、 “手段”。 In what way do you train your employees? 你认为这儿怎么样? How do you like it here? (你认为这儿怎么样?) I really like it a lot. (我非常喜欢这儿。) *用于询问喜欢或讨厌到什么程度。 How’re you enjoying your work here? *enjoy “喜爱”、 “享受……的乐趣”。 Are you enjoying your work here? (你喜欢这儿的工作吗?) How do you like it so far? (到目前为止, 你认为怎么样?) *so far “到现在”。 我相信你会喜欢的。 I’m nervous about the new job. (我对新工作有点紧张。) I’m sure you’ll like it. (我相信你会喜欢的。) *I’m sure. “我肯定”。you’ll是you will的缩写。 I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. I’m sure it’ll be just fine. (我相信会好的。) 你觉得她怎么样? What do you think of her? (你觉得她怎么样?) She seems very capable. (她看起来很有能力。) *think of ... “认为……”。 *capable “有能力的”、 “技术高的”。 What is your impression of her? (你对她印象如何?) *impression “印象”、 “感觉”。 What is your opinion of her? How do you feel about her? ●调动 青木先生被调到大阪分公司去了。 Mr. Aoki has been transferred to our Osaka branch. (青木先生被调到大阪分公司去了。) Could I have that number please? (可以给我那边的电话号码吗?) *transfer “转移”、 “调任”。be transferred to ... “被调到……”。branch “分公司”。 *Could I ...? “……可以吗?”。 Where is Mr. Aoki? (青木先生在哪里?) He’s been assigned to the Osaka office. (他被派到大阪办事处去了。) *assign “任命”。 be assigned to “被任命到”、 “被分配到”。 Mr. Aoki is now working at our Osaka branch. (青木先生现在在我们的大阪分公司工作。) Mr. Aoki currently works at our Osaka branch. (青木先生如今在我们的大阪分公司工作。) *currently “现在”、 “如今”。 Mr. Aoki has been assigned to our Osaka branch. Mr. Aoki’s at the Osaka office. 他被调到另外一家分公司去了。 I’d like to speak with Mr. Smith. (我想跟史密斯先生通话。) He’s transferred to another branch office. (他被调到另外一家分公司去了。) He has switched branch offices. *switch “转换”、 “调任”。 He is no longer at this branch office. (他已经不在这家分公司了。) *no longer ... “不再……”。 我回总部了。 I’m back at the head office. (我回总部了。) How does it feel to be back? (回来后感觉怎么样?) *I’m back at ... “我回到……”。head office “总公司”、 “总店”。 *How does it feel to ... “……做怎么样?”。 Once again, I’m back at headquarters. *headquarters “总部”、 “总公司”。 I’ve returned to headquarters. 青木先生已经调到我的部门了。 Mr. Aoki’s been transferred to my department. (青木先生已经调到我的部门了。) I hope you’ll be able to put him to good use. (我希望你能好好发挥他的作用。) *be transferred to ... “被调到……”。department “部门”。 They transferred Mr. Aoki to my department. Mr. Aoki’s joined my department. 你知道青木先生调到什么地方了吗? Do you know where Mr. Aoki has moved to? (你知道青木先生调到什么地方了吗?) Yes, he’s been transferred to the Aoyama branch. (知道, 他已经被调到青山分公司了。) *这里的move指“调动”、 “派遣”。 *branch “分公司”、 “分部”。 Do you have any idea where Mr. Aoki moved to? Could you tell me when Mr. Aoki moved to? 青木先生的继任者是谁? Who’s going to replace Mr. Aoki? (青木先生的继任者是谁?) I haven’t found a replacement yet. (我还没有找到替代人选。) *be going to ... “打算做……”、 “计划做……”。replace “成为继任”、 “替代”。 *replacement “替代人选”、 “代用品”。yet “还”。 Who is Mr. Aoki’s replacement? Who’s going to take Mr. Aoki’s place? *take someone’s (something’s) place “替代……”。 你听说人事变动的消息了吗? Did you hear about the personnel reshuffle? (你听说人事变动的消息了吗?) Yes, and it’s really quite normal. (听说了, 这没什么大惊小怪的。) *hear about ... “听说关于……”。the personnel reshuffle “人事的配置和变换”、 “人事变动”。 *normal “普通的”。 Are you familiar with the personnel reshuffle? *be familiar with ... “熟悉……”、 “精通……”。 Are you aware of the personnel reshuffle? *be aware of ... “注意……”、 “知道……”。 下周我要调到另一个部门去了。 I’m moving to another section next week. (下周我要调到另一个部门去了。) We’re sure going to miss you around here. (我们都会想你的。) *move to ... “调到……”、 “转移到……”。another section “别的部门”。 *miss “想念”。 I’m transferring next week to another area. *transfer除“换乘(交通工具)”、 “转移(人或物)”等意思外, 还可以用来表示“调动”。 I’m leaving this section next week. (下周我就要调离这个部门了。) *leave “离开”。 很高兴能和你共事。 It’s been a pleasure working with you. (很高兴能和你共事。) Believe me, the pleasure’s been all mine. (谢谢, 我也一直这么觉得。) *这是对工作调动或调往别的部门的人说的告别语。pleasure “高兴”、 “愉快”。 You’ve been a joy to work with. I’ve really enjoyed working with you. 我调到夏威夷去了。 I got transferred to Hawaii. (我调到夏威夷去了。) Is your wife pleased about it? (你妻子高兴吗?) *get transferred to ... “调到……”。 My company transferred me to Hawaii. I just got a transfer to Hawaii. 我拒绝调动工作。 We are considering transferring you. (我们在考虑调动你的工作。) I’ll refuse the transfer. (我拒绝调动工作。) I’ll refuse to be transferred. I won’t agree to a transfer. (我不同意调动工作。) 我不清楚调我去大阪的意图。 I don’t see the point in my going to Osaka. (我不清楚调我去大阪的意图。) He’s requesting that you be there. (是他要求你过去的。) *see the point “了解意图”。 *request表示希望别人做某事时的“请求”、 “拜托”、 “要求”。 I see no reason to go to Osaka. (我不知道我去大阪的原因。) *reason “原因”。 I don’t see why I need to go to Osaka. (我不知道为什么我得去大阪。) *why “为什么”。 ●升职和降职 我很快就要升职了。 I’ll be promoted soon. (我很快就要升职了。) I hope so. (希望如此。) *promote “使升职”、 “促进”。 I’m going to be promoted. (我就要升职了。) Are you sure you’re ready? (你真的准备好了吗?) I’ll be getting a promotion soon. *promotion “升职”、 “晋级”。 I’ll receive a promotion soon. I’m going to get a promotion. I’m moving up in the company. 他被推选为经理了。 Was Mr. Smith promoted? (史密斯先生升职了吗?) He was selected as the manager. (他被推选为经理了。) *select “选择”、 “选拔”。 He was chosen to be the manager. He was picked to be the manager. 我升为厂长了。 I got promoted to plant manager. (我升为厂长了。) I’m happy for you! (我真为你高兴!) I was given the position of plant manager. I was appointed plant manager. (我被任命为厂长了。) 他要升为部门经理了。 He will be promoted to division manager. (他要升为部门经理了。) That was fast. (真快啊。) *“将要……”, 说到将来要发生的事时, 要用will, 构成“主语+will+动词”的句型。division意思是“部门”、 “科室”, 指的是比department小, 但比section大的部门。 He’ll be appointed to division manager. (他要被任命为部门经理。) I envy him. (真让人羡慕啊。) *appoint “任命”。 He is going to be promoted to division manager. He is going to be a new division manager. His new title will be division manager. *title “头衔”。 我被任命主管新项目。 I was put in charge of the new project. (我被任命主管新项目。) Good for you! (祝贺你!) *put “任命”。in charge of ... “管理……”。 I’m now in charge of the new project. They put me in charge of the new project. 我们在竞争同一个职位。 We’re competing for the promotion. (我们在竞争同一个职位。) You deserve it more than he does. (你比他更有实力。) *compete for “竞争”。promotion “升职”。 *deserve “值得”、 “足以接受”。 We’re both trying to get the promotion. *both “双方”。try to ... “试图做……”。 We are in competition for the promotion. *be in competition for ... “竞争……”、 “争夺……”。 We are both candidates for the promotion. (我们俩都是这回升职的候补人选。) *candidate “候补者”、 “候选人”。 你预计你5年后会怎样? Where do you see yourself in the next five years? (你预计你5年后会怎样?) I hope to be a manager in this company. (我希望我能成为公司的一名经理。) *直译是“5年后你会在哪里看到你自己呢?”。in the next five years意思是“(从现在算起的)5年以后”。 Where do you think you’ll be in five years? What do you see yourself doing in five years? 他是公认的公司未来的董事长。 He has really moved up quickly. (他升得真是快。) He’s regarded as being the future president of the company. (他是公认的公司未来的董事长。) *be regarded as ... “被视为”。president “董事长”、 “总裁”、 “会长”、 “校长”。 We regard him as our future company president. We think of him as our next company president. (我们认为他将是公司的下一任董事长。) *think of ... as “认为……是”。 我希望你做我的得力助手。 I want you to be my right-hand man. (我希望你做我的得力助手。) I would be honored. (我很荣幸。) *right-hand man比喻的用法, 意思是“最值得信赖的人”、 “左膀右臂”。 I want you to be my assistant. *assistant “助手”、 “帮手”。 I would like for you to be second-in-command. *second-in-command “副职”、 “副司令官”。 这是我梦寐以求的事。 I hear you’re applying for the promotion. (我听说你在申请升职。) I want it so badly that I can’t stop thinking about it. (这是我梦寐以求的事。) *apply for “申请”。 *直译是“我想得厉害以至于我无法停止不去想这件事”。badly指“(需要的程度等)非常”、 “很”。此种场合, 正确的英语是badly, 但是在美国往往用bad(这是错误的说法)。“can’t stop ...ing”表示“不由得……”、 “不得不……”。 I want it so badly that it’s constantly on my mind. *on one’s mind “挂念”、 “记在心上”。 I’m so excited about it that I can’t get it off my mind. 他承担了经营不善的责任。 He took responsibility for the poor business. (他承担了经营不善的责任。) I think we are all to blame. (我认为我们都有责任。) *take responsibility for ... “负……的责任”。 *be to blame “应该受指责”。 He took the blame for the poor business. He said the poor business was his fault. (他说经营不善是他的错误。) ●派系斗争 他被降职去做勤杂了。 Where’s Mr. Aoki’s desk? (青木先生的办公桌在哪里?) You know what? He’s been relegated to a paper-pusher. (你不知道吗?他被降职去做勤杂了。) *He’s是He has的缩写。relegate “降级到(更低的职位或更坏的环境)”。paper-pusher “勤杂”。 He’s out of the mainstream of the company. (他被排挤在公司的主流之外了。) *out “被赶走”、 “排挤”。mainstream “主流”。 He’s no longer part of the mainstream of the company. (他不再属于公司的主流部分了。) *no longer ... “不再……”。part “部分”、 “职务”、 “工作”。 我们得把史密斯先生拉到我们这一边。 We need to get Mr. Smith on our side. (我们得把史密斯先生拉到我们这一边。) That should be easy enough. (那太容易了。) *on one’s side “站在……这一边”。 We need to woo Mr. Smith over to our side. *woo “争取”。 We need to bring Mr. Smith to our side. 他们总有一天会背叛我们。 They’ll double-cross us someday. (他们总有一天会背叛我们。) What makes you say that? (你为什么这么说?) *double-cross是动词, 意思是“背叛(合作的伙伴等)”、 “欺骗”。someday “总有一天”、 “来日”。 Someday they’ll double-cross us. They’ll betray us someday. *betray “背叛”。 我计划把佐藤先生从董事长的位置上拉下来。 My plan is to remove Mr. Sato from the presidency. (我计划把佐藤先生从董事长的位置上拉下来。) I hope you succeed. (希望你能成功。) *remove有“解雇”、 “把某人从某个位置上拉下来”的意思, 在商界经常使用。“董事长”可以说president, 但是表示“董事长的职位”、 “董事长的地位”时, 用presidency。 *succeed “成功”。 My plan is to remove him from his position. *position “地位”。 I’m thinking of removing Mr. Sato from the presidency. (我正在考虑把佐藤先生从董事长的位置上撤下来。) *think of ... “考虑……”、 “想到……”。 My idea is to remove him from his position. 你站在哪一边? Whose side are you on? (你站在哪一边?) I’m on your side, of course. (我当然站在你这一边。) *side “(竞争或争斗等的)一方”。 Whose corner are you in? *corner “角落”、 “一隅”。 Who do you agree with? *agree with ... “赞成……”。 我赞同你的观点。 Which one of us do you agree with? (你赞同我们当中的哪一位?) I’m on your side. (我赞同你的观点。) I’m in your corner. I’ll back you up. 这里面有太多的交易。 I don’t understand why he was chosen. (我不理解他为什么当选。) There’s a lot of politics involved. (这里面有太多的交易。) *There’s是There is的缩写。politics “策略”。involve “使卷入”。 Politics have a lot to do with it. (公司内部的交易对此有很大影响。) It’s due to politics. (这是公司内部多方交易的结果。) *be due to ... “因为……”。 我们事先做好了所有的准备工作。 Do you think today’s meeting went well? (你认为今天的会议进行得顺利吗?) Yes, we’d laid all the groundwork ahead of time. (顺利。我们事先做好了所有的准备工作。) *We’d是We had的缩写。lay the groundwork 指“打好基础”。 We had gone through everything thoroughly before the meeting. *thoroughly “彻底地”。 Everything was set up prior to the meeting. *set up “为……做好准备”。prior to “在……之前”。 We did our homework ahead of time. *这里的do one’s homework指“做好事前的准备工作”。 你有足够的优势。 Do I have a good chance of getting promoted? (我升职的机会大吗?) The odds are in your favor. (你有足够的优势。) *表示“没什么大问题”、 “有十成的把握”的习惯用语。odds指“机会”。 The odds are with you. The odds are leaning towards you. The odds are against you. 表示公司组织的英语 表示公司组织的有如下的单词。 总公司/总店 Head Office Main Office Corporate Headquarters 分公司/分店 Branch Office 销售处 Sales Office Sales Branch 办事处/事务所 Sub-branch Liaison Office 地方分公司/ 地方分店 Local Office

使用道具 举报

22#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:31:26 |只看该作者
职位和人才 ●职位 我在会计科上班。 Where do you work? (你在哪个部门上班?) I’m in the accounting section. (我在会计科上班。) *accounting section “会计科”。 I work in accounting. I work in the accounting section. 她做兼职。 Does she work full-time? (她是正式员工吗?) She’s a part-timer. (她做兼职。) *full-time “全职”。 *part-timer “兼职者”。 She works part-time. She’s only here part-time. 他会升到什么职位? What title will he be getting? (他会升到什么职位?) He’ll be the new assistant manager. (他会是新的副主任。) *title “头衔”。 What will his new title be? What title will his promotion bring? (他升职后将是什么头衔?) *promotion “升职”。 谁主管这个部门? Who’s in charge of this department? (谁主管这个部门?) Mr. Smith is. (史密斯先生。) *in charge of ... “管理……”。 Who’s in the driver’s seat? (这里谁管事?) That would be Mr. Smith. (是史密斯先生吧。) *driver’s seat “支配性的地位”、 “支使人的职位”。 Who’s head of this department? Who’s the boss in this department? Who’s in charge? Who’s the head honcho? *honcho一词来自日语单词“班长”, 意思是“领导”、 “主任”。 他在公司里担任要职。 He has an important position in the company. (他在公司里担任要职。) What does he do? (他做什么?) *position “工作部门”、 “职务”、 “职位”。important position “重要的职位”。 He is a high-ranking official. *high-ranking “地位高的”。official “高级职员”。 He is one of the company elites. (他是公司上层中的一员。) *elite “上层人士”、 “掌权人物”。 他很适合做这个工作。 Is he a good candidate? (他适合当候选人吗?) He’s the right man for the job. (他很适合做这个工作。) *right “正确的”、 “合适的”、 “适当的”。 He’s qualified for the job. *be qualified for ... “胜任……”。 He’s fit for the post. *fit “合适的”。post “地位”、 “职位”。 你应该争取这个职位。 You should go for the position. (你应该争取这个职位。) Thanks for your confidence in me. (谢谢你对我的信任。) *go for ... “争取”。 You should try out for the position. *try out for ... “参加……选拔”。 You should vie for the job. *vie for ... “为达到……目标而竞争”、 “竞争”。 他的资历最深。 Why did you choose Mr. Aoki? (你为什么选了青木先生?) He has the most seniority. (他的资历最深。) *the most seniority “最年长”、 “年纪最大”、 “最早进来”。 He’s been here the longest. *He’s是He has的缩写。 He’s been here longer than anyone. 他毕竟是我的老板。 Do you need permission from him? (你需要得到他的同意吗?) He’s my boss, after all. (他毕竟是我的老板。) *permission “许可”。 *after all “毕竟”。 He is the authority figure, after all. (他毕竟是掌握实权的人。) *authority “权力”。figure “人物”。 He’s the head of the office, you know. *这里的head指“领导”、 “最高职位”。 并不是每个人都能得到你这样的工作。 If you want a job like this, go for it. (如果你想得到这样一份工作,那你就努力吧。) Not everyone can get a job like yours. (并不是每个人都能得到你这样的工作。) *go for it “为此而努力”。 That’s a unique job you have there. (你的工作是独一无二的。) *unique “独特的”、 “特有的”。 We’re not all that lucky in the job department. (并不是所有人都能找到好工作。) *lucky “幸运的”。 ●优秀的人才 人事部对你的评价很高。 The personnel department has given you a good evaluation. (人事部对你的评价很高。) That means a lot to me. (我很荣幸。) *personnel department “人事部”。evaluation “评价”。 *mean “意味着”。 Our personnel department thinks highly of you. *highly “极为称颂地”、 “非常赞许地”。think highly of ... “高度评价……”。 You’re highly valued by our personnel department. *value “评价”。 老板很赏识他。 I heard he got a bonus. (我听说他得了奖金。) Yeah. The boss recognizes what a good worker he is. (是。老板很赏识他。) *recognize “承认”。what a good worker he is “他是多么好的员工啊”。 The boss realizes what an asset he is to the company. (老板意识到他的存在对于公司来说有多重要。) *asset “贵重的东西”、 “宝贝”。 The boss recognizes that he is a good worker. (老板认识到他是一名优秀的员工。) The boss recognizes his abilities. (老板认可他的能力。) *recognize “承认”。 The boss respects him. *respect “尊敬”。 他很精明。 Why did you hire him? (你为什么雇他?) He’s shrewd. (他很精明。) *shrewd “(人或判断)无懈可击的”、 “敏锐的”、 “精明的”、 “伶俐的”。可用于褒义也可用于贬义。 He is clever. (他很聪明。) *clever “伶俐的”、 “聪明的”。用于褒义。 He is a cunning man. (他是个聪明人。) *cunning “狡猾的”、 “聪明的”。可用于褒义也可用于贬义。 他有领导者的风范。 He’s the leader type. (他有领导者的风范。) That’s why he gets promoted. (这就是他升职的原因。) *leader “领导者”。type “类型”。 *promote “提升”。 He has leadership ability. (他有领导能力。) *ability “能力”。 He has the qualities necessary to be a leader. (他具备成为领导者的素质。) *quality “素质”。necessary “必要的”。 He has the qualities of a leader. (他具备领导的素质。) 他是这个公司的顶梁柱。 What’s your opinion of Mr. Jones? (你认为琼斯先生怎么样?) He’s the pillar of this company. (他是这个公司的顶梁柱。) *pillar “支柱”、 “顶梁柱”。 He’s the backbone of this company. *backbone “脊柱”、 “骨干”。 He’s the guy that holds this company together. *hold together “(使)团结一致”。 史密斯先生对于X公司非常重要。 Mr. Smith is a great asset to X Company. (史密斯先生对于X公司非常重要。) I hope he stays with us for a long time. (我希望他能在这儿待很长时间。) *a great asset “巨额财产”、 “非常贵重的东西”。 X Company is lucky to have Mr. Smith. (X公司有史密斯先生真是幸运。) *... is lucky to “……是幸运的”。 Mr. Smith is a great employee for X Company. *employee “员工”、 “雇员”。 他将来有可能成为X公司的头儿。 Do you think he has any potential? (你认为他有潜力吗?) He might be the one to reach the top of X Company in the future. (他将来有可能成为X公司的头儿。) *might用来表示假设的“也许……”。这里的one指的是人, 它也可以用来指物, 是具有英语特色的单词。reach “到达”、 “送达”。 He could be the future head of X Company. He might be the head of X Company in the future. 我们已经缺他不行了。 We can’t do without him any more. (我们已经缺他不行了。) Let’s ask for his help. (我们找他帮忙吧。) *without “没有”。any more “再”。 *ask for ... “请求……”。 We’ve done all we can without him. (我们做完了没有他所有能做的事。) *done “做完”。 We need him now. (我们现在需要他。) *need “需要”。 We can’t do without him any longer. *any longer “再”。 We can’t go on without him. (没有他我们无法继续。) *go on “继续”。 他确实是员干将。 He sure is a go-getter. (他确实是员干将。) Let’s ask him to be on our team. (叫他加入我们队。) *sure “确实”。go-getter “有冲劲和进取心的人”、 “干将”。 He’s very ambitious. (他非常有抱负。) *ambitious “有抱负的”。 He sure is energetic. 我们希望能一睹他的风采。 I heard that he’s a great negotiator. (我听说他是谈判高手。) We’d like to see him in action. (我们希望能一睹他的风采。) *negotiator “谈判人”、 “协议人”。 *would like to ... “想做……”。in action “在活动中”。 We’d like to see him do his thing. We’d like to watch him do what he does best. 这位女士有很好的商业意识。 This woman has good business sense. (这位女士有很好的商业意识。) Her projects are always successful. (她的方案总是很成功。) *这句话用于谈论别人工作干得很好。sense有“区别”、 “判断力”、 “常识”、 “思考”的意思, good business sense表示“好的商业意识”。 *project “计划”。successful “成功的”。 This woman is shrewd. (这位女士很能干。) *shrewd “精明的”。 This woman has good common sense. *common sense “常识”。 This woman knows what she is talking about. *know what one is talking about是习惯用语, 意思是“知道自己在说些什么”、 “发自经验之谈”。 我是他的助理。 Does the boss have an assistant? (老板有助理吗?) I’m his right-hand man. (我是他的助理。) *right-hand man “非常值得依靠的人”、 “左膀右臂”、 “最可以信赖的人”、 “心腹”。 I’m his very close assistant. *close “亲近的”、 “亲密的”。 He and I work very closely together. (他和我工作非常密切。) *closely “亲密地”、 “亲近地”。together “一起”、 “共同”。 我很高兴和你共事。 I enjoy working with you. (我很高兴和你共事。) Thank you for the compliment. (谢谢夸奖。) *compliment “夸奖”、 “赞扬”。 It’s nice working with you. You’re fun to work with. 我希望我的员工都非常出色。 I want my staff to be made up of excellent workers. (我希望我的员工都非常出色。) You’ll need to interview everyone carefully. (你要认真地面试每一个人。) *staff和stuff(物)的发音容易混淆。make up of 指“由……构成”。excellent “优秀的”。 *interview “面试”。carefully “认真地”、 “仔细地”。 I want to include excellent workers in my staff. *include “包括”、 “加进”。 I only want excellent workers working under me. *under “在……之下”。 我们这儿需要更多有进取心的人。 We need more go-getters here. (我们这儿需要更多有进取心的人。) Maybe they just need more incentive. (也许他们只是需要更多的激励。) *go-getter “有冲劲和进取心的人”、 “干将”。 *incentive “(使产生行动的)动机”、 “刺激”、 “激励”。 We need more movers and shakers here. (我们这儿需要更多的实干家。) *movers and shakers “有实力的人”、 “实干家”。 We need more enthusiastic people here. (我们这儿需要更多干劲十足的人。) 你有做这个项目的合适人选吗? Do you have someone in mind for the project? (你有做这个项目的合适人选吗?) I thought Mr. Aoki would be perfect. (我认为青木先生是最佳人选。) *have ... in mind “考虑到”。project “计划”、 “方案”。 Do you have anyone in mind for the project? Is there someone you have in mind for the project? 跟我说说青木先生的情况。 Tell me about Mr. Aoki. (跟我说说青木先生的情况。) He’s very smart and works hard. (他非常聪明而且工作也很努力。) *Tell me about ... “请告诉我关于……”。 *smart “聪明的”、 “机灵的”。 Would you tell me about Mr. Aoki? What do you know about Mr. Aoki? Tell me what you know about Mr. Aoki. 你为什么推荐他? Why are you recommending him? (你为什么推荐他?) I think he’s the best man for the job. (我认为他做这个工作最合适。) *recommend “推荐”。 Why are you backing him? *back是动词, “支持”。 Why is he your recommendation? *recommendation “推荐”。 我保证他能成功。 Mr. Aoki is working for Mr. Smith now. (青木先生现在为史密斯先生工作。) I guarantee his success. (我保证他能成功。) *guarantee “保证”、 “确保”。 I’m confident that he will succeed. (我相信他会成功。) *confident “确信的”、 “有自信的”。 I’m positive he will achieve great things. *positive “明确的”、 “清楚的”。achieve “取得”。 他完成任务了吗? Has he done his job? (他完成任务了吗?) Not to my satisfaction. (不能让我满意。) *do “完成(任务等)”、 “做完”。 Has he accomplished the duties of his job? *accomplish “完成”。 Has he met all the requirements of his job? *meet the requirements of ... “满足……的要求”。 Has he done his work? 每个领域都要求专业的技能。 Specialized skills are required in every field. (每个领域都要求专业的技能。) I’d better start honing some of mine, then. (那么我也最好开始磨炼我的技术。) *skill “技能”、 “技术”。require “要求”。field “领域”。 *I’d是I had的缩写。had better意思是“最好……”。hone指“磨炼”。 Every job requires specialized skills. Specialized skills are necessary in every field. 这个职位需要一个会说英语的人。 The position calls for an English-speaking person. (这个职位需要一个会说英语的人。) Mr. Yamada speaks like a native. (山田先生英语说得很地道。) *call for “需要”。 *native “本地人”、 “当地人”。 The position calls for someone with strong English-speaking ability. (这个职位需要一个英语表达能力很强的人来担任。) *这里的strong指“优秀的”, ability 指“能力”。 English-speaking ability is a requirement for this position. (具备英语表达能力是这个职位所要求的。) Fluency in English is required. 他的英语说得比我好多了。 His English is much better than mine. (他的英语说得比我好多了。) Then we should hire him. (那么我们应该聘用他。) *much “到极大程度”。 *hire “雇用”。 My English isn’t as good as his. (我的英语不如他好。) *not as good as ... “不如……好”。 There’s no comparing my English to his. (我的英语没法和他比。) *compare “比较”。这句话的意思是“他的英语比我的要好了不知多少倍”。 我在英语上比不过他。 I’m no match for him in English. (我在英语上比不过他。) Don’t worry. You’ll get better. (别担心。你的英语会好起来的。) *I’m no match for ... in ... “我在……上比不过……”。 When it comes to English, I can’t compete with him. (要说英语, 我就没法和他比了。) I know what you mean. (我知道。) *when it comes to ... “要说……”。compete with ... “和……比赛”、 “和……竞争”。 He speaks English so much better than I do. (他说英语比我好得多。) I can’t compete with him in the area of English. When it comes to English, he speaks much better than l. (要说英语, 他说得比我好多了。) 他英语说得好是公认的。 He has a reputation as a good English speaker. (他英语说得好是公认的。) I heard he lived in the US. (我听说他在美国居住过。) *reputation “评价”、 “名声”。a good English speaker “英语说得好的人”。 He is known for his English speaking ability. *ability “能力”。 Everyone knows he speaks English well. 要说销售, 他们是做得最好的。 When it comes to sales, they’re the best. (要说销售, 他们是做得最好的。) Working with the best would be an asset. (和做得最好的人一起工作是很宝贵的。) They’re best when it comes to sales. They’re the best there is in sales. 他对机器很在行。 He’s really good with machines. (他对机器很在行。) Maybe he could help me fix this. (也许他能帮我修修这个。) *be good with ... “干……很拿手”、 “很擅长”。 He’s mechanically inclined. *inclined “倾向于……”、 “对……有好感的”。 He’s very handy. (他很能干。) *handy “能干的”、 “灵巧的”。 He knows a lot about machines. (他对机器懂得很多。) 他的直觉总是对的。 It’s a big risk. Should we trust him? (这要冒很大风险。我们能信任他吗?) His intuition often pays off well. (他的直觉总是对的。) *intuition “直感”、 “直觉”。pay off “(计划等)如愿以偿”、 “成功”、 “顺利”。 His intuition is usually right. He has good intuition. 他在别的事情上还用得着。 Why don’t we fire him? (我们为什么不解雇他?) He is useful for other work. (他在别的事情上还用得着。) *useful “有用的”、 “有效的”。 He is good at other things. (他擅长别的事情。) He has talents in other areas. (他在别的领域很有才华。) *talent “才能”。area “范围”、 “领域”。 我们有些员工很不称职。 Some of our staff is incompetent. (我们有些员工很不称职。) We should hire better people. (我们必须雇用更好的人才行。) *staff “员工”、 “职员”。incompetent “无能力的”、 “不胜任的”。 Some of our employees are incompetent. Some staff members don’t know what they’re doing. 他们的举止还有很浓的学生气。 They still act like college kids. (他们的举止还有很浓的学生气。) You need to speak with them about it. (你该和他们谈谈。) *still “还”。act like ... “举止好像……”。 They act like they’re still in college. They need to grow up. (他们该成熟了。) *grow up “成长”。 很多人只是呆坐着什么也不干。 A lot of people are just sitting around doing nothing. (很多人只是呆坐着什么也不干。) I suggest you call a staff meeting immediately. (我建议你马上召开一个员工大会。) *sit around “坐着没事干”。 *call a meeting “召集开会”。 There’re a lot of people not working. (很多人都没在干活。) There’s a lot of inactivity around here. (这儿死气沉沉的。) *inactivity “懒惰”、 “有气无力”、 “不活跃”。 工作得不到赏识难道不影响你的情绪吗? Doesn’t it bother you that your work is unappreciated? (工作得不到赏识难道不影响你的情绪吗?) No, I’m used to it. (不会, 我习惯了。) *bother “烦恼”、 “使发愁”。unappreciated “不受赏识的”、 “得不到认可的”。 *be used to ... “习惯于……”。 Are you satisfied, even though your efforts go unappreciated? (即使你的努力得不到认可, 你也会满足吗?) *satisfied “满足的”。even though “即使”。 Are you content, even though your efforts go unrecognized? *content “满足的”。unrecognized “不被承认的”。 我也收到了很多邀请。 I’ve had offers from three companies. (有3个公司给我发出了邀请。) I’ve been getting many offers, too. (我也收到了很多邀请。) *这个会话说的是其他公司邀请他们跳槽。为了表示现在还有邀请, 而且这个状态还在持续, 说话人用了现在完成进行时。 I’ve been made many offers, too. *make an offer “提出建议”。 I’ve been given many offers, too. *be given “被提供”。 如果你加入我们, 我们将如虎添翼。 If you’d join us, we’d be invincible. (如果你加入我们, 我们将如虎添翼。) I don’t come cheap. (工资太低我可不干。) *you’d是you would的缩写。join 指“参加”。We’d是We would的缩写。invincible 指“无敌的”、 “不屈的”。 We’d be unstoppable if you joined us. *unstoppable “无可抵挡的”、 “无法抑制的”。 If we teamed up, we’d be invincible. (如果我们团结起来, 我们将战无不胜。) ●增加人手 我们人手过多了。 Why is it so crowded in here? (这里为什么那么挤?) We’re overstaffed. (我们人手过多了。) *overstaffed “人手过剩的”。 We have too many employees. (我们的员工太多了。) There are too many workers. (有太多员工。) We’re understaffed. (我们公司人手不够。) 我们人手不够。 The service was really slow. (服务真是太慢了。) We’re understaffed. (我们人手不够。) *service “服务”、 “招待”。 *understaffed “人手不够的”。 We’re short-handed. (我们人手不够。) Hire another employee. (那就再雇个人。) *short-handed “人手不足的”、 “人手不够的”。 *hire “雇用”。 We don’t have enough workers. We need more employees. (我们需要更多的雇员。) *employee “雇员”。 We’re overstaffed. (我们人手过多。) 最近我们人手不够。 We’ve been short-handed lately. (最近我们人手不够。) Do something about it! (那就设法解决!) *lately “近来”、 “最近”。 We’ve been understaffed lately. We haven’t had enough workers lately. *enough “足够的”。 我需要一些帮助。 I need some help. (我需要一些帮助。) I’d be happy to help. (我很乐意效劳。) *need “需要”。 *I’d是I would的缩写。be happy to ... “很高兴做……”、 “乐意做……”。 I need your help. I need someone to help me out. *help out “帮助”、 “援助”。 I need someone to give me a hand. *give ... a hand “帮助……”。 I’d like some help. 夏天我们的人手经常不够用。 We often run short of staff in the summer. (夏天我们的人手经常不够用。) Only during summertime, right? (只在夏天, 是吗?) *run short of ... “短缺”。staff “员工”、 “职员”。 We are usually understaffed in the summer. *understaffed “人手不够的”。 We hardly ever have enough staff in the summer. 多多益善。 Should we hire more employees? (我们还要雇人吗?) We need all the help we can get. (多多益善。) *hire “雇用”。 *直译是“我们需要我们能得到的所有帮助”。get “得到”。 We can always use more help. *always “总是”、 “随时”。 Extra help is always welcome. *extra “额外的”。welcome “受欢迎的”。 我们得借助外力。 We need to get outside help. (我们得借助外力。) Who shall we recruit? (我们可以招谁呢?) *recruit “吸收(新员工)”、 “招聘”。 We need someone from the outside to help us. Let’s get outside help. 我们能得到额外帮手吗? Can we get some extra help? (我们能得到额外帮手吗?) I’ll send someone as soon as possible. (我会尽快派个人来。) *extra “额外的”、 “外加的”、 “特别的”。 *as soon as possible “尽快地”。 Can you arrange some extra help for us? (你能给我们再安排些人吗?) *arrange “安排”。 Can you hire some extra help? *hire “雇用”。 Could you get some extra help? 我们需要些临时雇员。 We are getting really busy. (我们真是越来越忙了。) We need some temps. (我们需要些临时雇员。) *temp “临时雇员”。 We need to hire some temps. We need to get extra help. (我们该临时雇些人。) We should hire some temporary workers. (我们该雇些临时工。) *temporary “临时的”。 早上是我们店最忙的时候。 Our store is the busiest in the morning. (早上是我们店最忙的时候。) Okay. I’ll work mornings to help out. (是吗?那我就早上过来帮忙吧。) *the busiest “最忙”。 Morning is the busy time for our store. We are busiest in the mornings. 人手不够要比人手过剩好。 It’s better being understaffed than overstaffed. (人手不够要比人手过剩好。) I disagree, because you can always use the extra help. (我不同意, 因为你总是能得到额外的帮手。) It’s better having too few workers than too many workers. It’s better having not enough workers than to have too many.

使用道具 举报

23#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:31:49 |只看该作者
面试 ●招聘和应聘 你们公司有空缺吗? Are there any openings in your office? (你们公司有空缺吗?) I’m afraid not. (很遗憾没有。) *opening “(职位等的)空缺”、 “缺人”、 “工作岗位”。 Are there any available positions in your office? Are you currently hiring? (你们现在要人吗?) 我想应聘你们公司。 I’d like to apply for a position in your company. (我想应聘你们公司。) The applications are over there. (申请书在那儿。) *apply for ... “申请”、 “应聘”。这里的position指“工作岗位”、 “工作”。 *application “申请书”。over there “在那里”、 “在那边”。 I’d like an application for employment in your company. (我想要一份你们公司的招聘表格。) I’d like to apply for work in your company. 我在广告传单上看到了你们的招聘启事。 How did you hear of us? (你怎么知道我们公司的?) I saw your ad in a flier. (我在广告传单上看到了你们的招聘启事。) *ad “广告”, 是advertisement的缩写。flier “传单”、 “广告传单”。 I saw a flier with your ad on it. I came across your flier. *come across “突然发现”、 “碰巧遇到”。 你明天能来面试吗? Could you come for an interview tomorrow? (你明天能来面试吗?) Sorry, I’m busy. (对不起, 我很忙。) *come for ... “为……目的而来”。这里指“来面试”。interview “面试”。 Are you available for an interview tomorrow? *available “有空的”。 Could you be here for an interview tomorrow? 请给我们寄份简历。 How can I get an interview? (我怎么才能得到面试?) Please send us your resume. (请给我们寄份简历。) *resume “履历表”。 Please send your resume to us. Please provide us with your resume. *provide ... with ... “向……提供……”。 请带上你的简历。 Please bring your resume with you. (请带上你的简历。) Certainly, sir. (好的, 先生。) *resume “简历”、 “摘要”。bring ... with ... “……把……带来”。 Please have your resume with you. Please be sure to bring your resume. Bring your resume with you, please. 你们接受英文简历吗? Do you accept resumes in English? (你们接受英文简历吗?) No, we don’t. (不, 我们不接受。) *accept “接受”、 “答应”、 “承认”。 Can you accept a resume in English? Will you accept a resume in English? 我们不久会通知你面试的。 We’ll contact you for an interview later. (我们不久会通知你面试的。) My number is on my resume. (我的电话号码写在简历上。) *contact “联系”。 We’ll give you a call for an interview later. We’ll get in touch with you for an interview later. *get in touch with ... “和……取得联系”。 如果有必要我们会和你联系。 Should I call you then? (我可以给你们打电话吗?) We’ll contact you if necessary. (如果有必要我们会和你联系。) *if necessary “如果有必要的话”。面试时的习惯用语。 We’ll call you if we need you. When we need you, we’ll contact you. 下次如果我们缺人的话会通知你的。 All your positions are full? (你们不缺人吗?) We’ll let you know next time we have an opening. (下次如果我们缺人的话会通知你的。) *position “工作岗位”。 *opening除了“开始”、 “开头”的意思外, 还有“缺人”、 “洞”、 “缝隙”的意思。 We’ll give you a call next time we have an opening. We’ll keep you in mind next time we have an opening. 上周该职位有人做了。 The position was filled last week. (上周该职位有人做了。) Do you have any other positions? (你们还有其他空缺吗?) *be filled “被装满”、 “充满”。 Someone was hired for the position last week. *hire “雇用”。be hired “被雇用”。 The position was assigned last week. *be assigned “被任命”。 我们要雇多少人? How many people are we hiring? (我们要雇多少人?) We hope to keep it down to ten. (我们希望控制在10人以下。) *How many people ...? “……多少人?”。 How many employees will we hire? *employee “雇员”。 How many new people should we hire? 这个职位要求什么样的资格? What are the qualifications for the position? (这个职位要求什么样的资格?) This paper will answer your question. (都写在这张纸上。) *qualification “资格”、 “能力”。 What are the requirements for the position? *requirement “必要的东西”。 What’s required for the job? *require “必要”。 你为什么不去试试? I want that job. (我想要那份工作。) Why don’t you apply? (你为什么不去试试?) *Why don’t you ...? 该句型表示建议、 指示、 忠告, 意思是“你去试试……怎么样?”, 用起来很方便。apply “应聘”、 “申请”。 Why don’t you put in an application? *put in ... “申请”。application “申请”、 “申请表”。 Why don’t you submit an application? *submit “提交”。 我们有很多求职者。 We have many applicants. (我们有很多求职者。) Are any of them any good? (他们中有没有优秀的?) *applicant “申请人”、 “应聘者”、 “志愿者”。 We have many people that have applied. We have many applicants for the job. 应聘的人数超过了2 000。 There are over two thousand applicants. (应聘的人数超过了2 000。) It will be hard to narrow them down. (从中进行筛选非常难。) *There are over ... “有超过……”。 *narrow down “缩减”。 Over two thousand people applied. *apply “申请”。 We have over two thousand applicants. 我们需要筛选出最有发展潜力的应聘者。 She isn’t very skilled. (她的技术并不熟练。) We have to screen the applicants to get the ones with the most potential. (我们需要筛选出最有发展潜力的应聘者。) *screen “筛选”、 “审查”。applicant “志愿者”、 “申请人”。potential “有某种可能性的”、 “潜在的”。 We have to select the applicants with the most potential. We have to find the applicants with the most to offer. *这里的with the most to offer指“能做很多工作”。 我们需要了解最新行情的人。 What type of employee are you looking for? (你想聘用什么样的人?) We need someone who is on the ball. (我们需要了解最新行情的人。) *on the ball “了解最新情况”、 “有能力的”、 “勤奋的”、 “目光敏锐的”。 We need someone who has it all together. We need someone who’s sharp. (我们需要头脑精明的人。) 你的面试怎么样? How was your interview? (你的面试怎么样?) It was a real success. (很顺利。) *How was ...? 该句型用来询问某事的结果怎么样。 How did your interview go? Did your interview go well? (面试进行得顺利吗?) 真希望我也能和董事长拉上关系。 I know the president personally. (我和董事长有私交。) I wish I had connections with the president. (真希望我也能和董事长拉上关系。) *president “董事长”。 *I wish I had ... “如果……就好了”。connection是名词, 表示“关系”、 “门路”。 I wish I had an in with the president. *in是名词, 指“关系”、 “交情”。 I wish I knew the president. (真希望我能认识董事长。) ●面试内容 你有什么资格证书? What are your qualifications? (你有什么资格证书?) I’m a CPA. (我是注册会计师。) *qualifications “(职业的)资格(证书)”。 *CPA是certified public accountant的缩写, 意思是“注册会计师”。 What are you qualified to do? Could you tell me about your qualifications? 你有什么工作经验? What experience do you have? (你有什么工作经验?) Two years of secretarial experience. (我有两年当秘书的经验。) *experience “经历”、 “体验”、 “经验得来的能力和知识”。 *secretarial “秘书的”、 “有关秘书事务的”。 What type of experience do you have? What kind of related background do you have? *background “经历”。 你在这一行有什么经验吗? Do you have any experience in this business? (你在这一行有什么经验吗?) I have limited experience. (我的经验还很有限。) What is your experience in this business? (你有在这一行的工作经验吗?) Do you have any firsthand knowledge in this business? (你对这一行有什么直接认识吗?) *firsthand “直接的”。 你做什么兼职工作? What kind of part-time job do you do? (你做什么兼职工作?) I deliver newspapers. (我送报纸。) *What kind of ... do you do? “你做什么种类的……”。part-time “非全日的”、 “非正式的”、 “兼职的”。 What is your part-time job? What’s your part-time job all about? What does your part-time job entail? *entail “使人承担”。 你为什么想应聘我们公司? Why are you applying for a position in our company? (你为什么想应聘我们公司?) Because your company is the best advertising agency in the industry. (因为你们是广告界最好的公司。) *apply for ... “申请”、 “志愿”。position “工作”、 “工作岗位”, 比job正式。 *advertising agency “广告公司”。industry “业界”。 What made you decide to apply to our company? Why would you like to work for us? What is your reason for applying here? 你是想做全职还是兼职? Do you want to work full-time or part-time? (你是想做全职还是兼职?) I would rather work part-time. (我只想兼职。) *part-time “兼职”。 *would rather ... “宁愿……”。 Do you prefer full-time or part-time work? *prefer ... “喜欢……”。 Are you interested in full-time or part-time work? 你每周可以工作几天? How many days per week can you work? (你每周可以工作几天?) I would like to work five days a week. (我希望每周工作5天。) *per ... “每……”。 How many days a week are you available? (你每周有几天空闲?) How many days a week are you free? 你什么时间可以工作? What hours can you work? (你什么时间可以工作?) I’m available to work anytime. (我随时都可以。) *available “可用的”。 When are you available to work? What hours are you available? 你想要多少薪水? What kind of salary would suit you? (你想要多少薪水?) I expect at least $40,000 a year. (我希望年薪至少有4万美元。) *salary “薪水”。suit “使满足”、 “合乎……的要求”。 What kind of salary would you be satisfied with? What kind of salary do you expect to earn? *earn “挣钱”。 现在, 我来介绍一下工作环境。 Now, I’ll explain about the working conditions. (现在, 我来介绍一下工作环境。) Please. That’s important to me. (请说吧。这对我很重要。) *explain “说明”。working conditions “工作环境”。 Let me explain the working conditions. (我来说明一下工作环境。) Now, I’ll tell you about the working conditions. 工作时间从9点到6点。 What are your office hours? (你们的工作时间是几点到几点?) Our office hours are from nine to six. (工作时间从9点到6点。) *office hours “工作时间”。 We work from 9 to 6. Our office is open from 9 to 6. We’re open from nine to six. 你可以和公司协商上下班时间。 What are my working hours? (我的上下班时间是几点?) You can negotiate your working hours. (你可以和公司协商上下班时间。) *negotiate “协商”、 “商定”。 You have some say in your working hours. Your working hours are negotiable. *negotiable “可以通过协商后做决定的”。 我们的上班时间是灵活的。 Which hours should I work? (我该几点到几点上班?) We are flexible. (我们的上班时间是灵活的。) *flexible “有弹性的”、 “灵活的”。 We can work with you. We can make some concessions. (我们可以做些让步。) *concession “让步”、 “容忍”。 你每周的工作时间是多少? How many hours a week do you work? (你每周的工作时间是多少?) The usual forty. (一般情况, 40小时。) *usual “平常的”、 “普通的”。 How many hours do you spend working a week? How many hours do you work a week? 工厂几点上班? What time does the factory open? (工厂几点上班?) At 7 o’clock sharp. (7点整。) *factory “工厂”。 *sharp “准时地”、 “准点地”。 When does the plant open? When do we start work? (我们几点开始上班?) What time should I arrive for work? (我该几点来上班?) *arrive “到达”。 工厂几点下班? What time does the factory close? (工厂几点下班?) We close up shop at 4∶00. (4点下班。) *这里的shop指“工厂”。和通常用来表示“工厂”的factory相比, shop一般指那些感觉上是“操作场所”的工厂。 When does the plant shut down? When do we finish work? (我们什么时候下班?) *finish “结束”。 What time do we knock off for the day? (我们几点下班?) *knock off “结束工作”。 刚开始工资每月2 000美元。 How much does the job pay? (这个工作给多少工资?) Your starting salary is $2,000 per month. (刚开始工资每月2 000美元。) *starting “开始的”。per ... “每……”。 You will begin at $2,000 a month. *begin “开始”。 You’ll work your way up from $2,000 per month. (你的起点工资是每月2 000美元。) 开始每月40万日元, 你看如何? Would ¥400,000 a month to start suit you? (开始每月40万日元, 你看如何?) Yes. That’s very generous. (很好。你们给的真不少。) *would带有假定的语气, 表示“如果同意的话”、 “如果事情就这样的话”。suit意思是“使满足”、 “合适”。 *generous “慷慨的”、 “大方的”。 If we offered ¥400,000 a month as a starting salary, would it suit you? *offer “提供”、 “申请”、 “提议”。a starting salary “起点工资”。 How do you feel about ¥400,000 a month to start? 咨询费包括进去了。 Are consulting fees extra? (咨询费是另外给吗?) No, consulting fees are included. (不是, 咨询费包括进去了。) That includes consulting fees. That covers the consulting fees. 这儿的退休年龄是多少? What’s the retirement age here? (这儿的退休年龄是多少?) Sixty years of age. (60岁。) *retirement “退休”。age “岁”。 What’s this company’s retirement age? (这家公司的退休年龄是多少?) We can retire with full benefits at 60. (60岁就可以领全额退休金。) *retire “退休”。这里的benefit指“退休金”。 At what age can you retire here? How old must you be to retire here? (这儿多少岁就得退休?) *How old ...? “多少岁……”。 When do people retire from this company? 给加班费吗? Is overtime paid? (给加班费吗?) Of course it is. (当然给。) *overtime “加班费”。pay “支付”。 Do you get overtime? Do you get extra money for overtime? *extra “额外的”、 “多余的”。 没有工作签证我可以工作吗? Can I work without a working visa? (没有工作签证我可以工作吗?) I’m afraid you can’t. (很遗憾你不能。) *without “没有”。 *I’m afraid ... “很遗憾……”、 “不巧……”, 是委婉拒绝的表达方式。 Can I get a job without a working visa? (没有工作签证也能找工作吗?) Will I be able to work without a working visa? 我没有工作签证。 I don’t have a work visa. (我没有工作签证。) Then we can’t hire you. (那我们没法雇用你。) *hire “雇用”。 I don’t have a permit to work. *这里的permit指“许可证”。 I don’t have a visa to work in this country. (我没有这个国家的工作签证。) 你的特长是什么? What are your strengths? (你的特长是什么?) Well, I suppose I’m good at mathematics. (我想是数学吧。) *strength “特长”。 What are you really good at? What do you excel in? *excel “突出”。 What’s your strong point? *strong point “长处”。 你的不足之处是什么? What are your weaknesses? (你的不足之处是什么?) I’m terrible at giving speeches. (我害怕当众讲话。) What do you have trouble doing? What’s your weak point? *weak point “弱点”。 你对将来有什么打算? What are your plans for the future? (你对将来有什么打算?) I hope to own my own business. (我希望能拥有自己的企业。) *for the future “将来”、 “为将来考虑”。 *第一个own表示“拥有”, 第二个own表示“自己的”。 What are you going to do in the future? What’s your plan for the future? What are your hopes for your future? What are your future plans? 你打字有多快? How fast can you type? (你打字有多快?) Pretty fast. I took a typing class. (非常快。我受过打字训练。) *type作动词用, 是“打字”的意思。该问句在美国的工作场所经常可以听到。 What is your typing speed? Do you type fast? How is your typing? (你打字怎么样?) 你适合干什么样的工作? What kind of job are you suited for? (你适合干什么样的工作?) I’m versatile and can do most anything. (我头脑灵活, 几乎什么都能干。) *what kind of ... “什么类型的……”。suited for ... “适合……”、 “符合……”。 *versatile “(好的兴趣)多才多艺的”、 “有多种技能的”、 “灵活的”。 What are you qualified to do? (你胜任做什么工作?) *be qualified to ... “有……的资格”、 “适合……”。 What type of work can you do? (你会做什么工作?) What sort of job is suitable for you? *suitable for “适合”。 这份工作值得去做。 Being a manager is tough, isn’t it? (当经理很累, 是吧?) Yeah, but this job is worth it. (是, 但是这份工作值得去做。) *tough “麻烦的”、 “累人的”。 *worth “值得”。 This job is worth doing. This job is worth having. 为了公司我做什么都愿意。 If necessary, would you cancel your vacation? (如果有必要的话, 你会取消休假吗?) I’ll do anything for the company. (为了公司我做什么都愿意。) *do anything “做任何事”, 比do something “做某事”表达的意思更强烈。 I’m very devoted to the company. (我愿意为公司奉献自己的一切。) *be devoted to ... “为……献身”、 “专心做某事”。 The company always comes first. (公司总是第一位的。) 我会记住的。 The company doesn’t pay overtime. (公司不给加班费。) I’ll keep that in mind. (我会记住的。) *overtime “加班费”。 *keep ... in mind “把……记在心(脑海)里”。 I’ll remember that. *remember “记住”。 I won’t forget. *forget “忘记”。 她曾经做过女招待。 She’s from the entertainment business. (她曾经做过女招待。) Then, we can’t hire her. (那, 我们就不能雇她。) *“接待客人的营业(一般指饮食店、 出租汽车行业、 饭馆等)”可以说entertainment business。entertainment 意思是“娱乐”。 *hire “雇用”。 She used to be in entertainment. *used to ... “过去曾……”。 She was in the entertainment industry. *industry “……业”、 “产业”。

使用道具 举报

24#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:32:56 |只看该作者
裁员和调动 ●裁员 一个月内我就会给你正式的辞退令。 I’ll issue you a formal written notice in a month. (一个月内我就会给你正式的辞退令。) You can’t do that to me. (你不能这样对待我。) *issue 指“发出(宣言和任免令)”, formal written notice 指“正式的任免令”。notice经常用于表示“通知”、 “通知书”、 “通告”, 也可用来表示“解职通知”。in a month 意思是“一个月内”。如果用after代替in的话, 意思就变成“一个月以后”。 I’ll give you a formal written notice in a month. (一个月内我会给你正式的通知。) You’ll have your formal notice in a month. 我被解雇了。 Why do you look so sad? (你为什么垂头丧气的?) I was laid off. (我被解雇了。) *lay off “(临时性地)解雇(员工)”、“使下岗”。 I got the pink slip. *pink slip 指“解雇通知”。这个表达方式来自解雇通知书的颜色。 I got fired. (我被解雇了。) *这里的fire指“解雇”。 I lost my job. (我失业了。) *lost “丢了”。 他没得到预先通知就被解雇了。 He was fired without notice. (他没得到预先通知就被解雇了。) I wonder why. (怎么回事呢?) *fire “解雇”。without notice “没有预先通知”。 *wonder “想知道”。 He was fired out of the blue. *out of the blue “突然”。 He was fired without any warning. *warning “注意”、 “警告”。 He was fired unexpectedly. *unexpectedly “意想不到地”。 我们又裁员了。 Why are you getting rid of desks? (你们为什么要搬走办公桌?) We made more staffing cuts. (我们又裁员了。) *get rid of ... “除去……”。 *staffing cuts “削减职员”, 也就是指“裁员”。 We cut more staff. Some of the staff were let go. (一些员工被解雇了。) *let go “解雇”。 他被迫退休了。 He’s being forced into retirement. (他被迫退休了。) That’s a shame, after all his dedication. (真遗憾, 他都干那么多年了。) *be forced into ... “被强迫……”、 “不得已……”。retirement “退休”。 *dedication “奉献”、 “献身”。 Retirement is being forced upon him. They are forcing him to retire. 我们公司马上就要裁人了。 Our company is going to make staffing cuts soon. (我们公司马上就要裁人了。) Will your job be affected? (你的工作会受影响吗?) *be going to ... “将要……”。make staffing cuts “裁员”。 *affect “造成影响”。 We are going to let go of employees soon. Our company will begin restructuring soon. (我们公司马上就要开始机构重组了。) Our company is going to cut our staff soon. 你被解雇了。 You don’t have any idea how to run a company. (对经营公司你一点都不懂。) You’re fired. (你被解雇了。) *run “经营”、 “管理”。 *fire除了“火”的意思外, 作为动词, 还有“解雇”、 “开除”的意思。 I have to let you go. *委婉的说法。let ... go “解雇……”。 You’re canned. *俚语。 You’re sacked. *俚语。 我为什么得辞职? Why do I have to resign? (我为什么得辞职?) Because your actions have hurt our company image. (因为你的行为已经损害了我们公司的形象。) *resign指“出于自己的意愿或因为失败或身体的原因等而不得不辞职(迫不得已辞职)”。与此相对, retire指的是“因为到了退休年龄而离职”。 *action “行动”、 “行为”。 Why do I have to quit? *quit “辞职”。 Why do I have to give up my job? *give up “辞去”。 Why do I have to leave my job? *leave “辞去(工作等)”。 不管怎样, 一个星期内你会收到辞退令。 If you make me do that, I’ll quit. (如果你让我做那件事, 我就辞职。) You’ll be receiving your dismissal notice in a week anyway. (不管怎样, 一个星期内你会收到辞退令。) *You’ll是You will的缩写。dismissal指“解雇”、 “免职”, 因此dismissal notice指的就是“辞退令”。anyway 意思是“不管怎样”、 “无论如何”。 You’re going to get your dismissal notice in a week anyway. You’ll be given your dismissal notice next week anyway. 他没法阻止你被解雇。 He said he’d help me out. (他说他会帮我的。) He can’t keep you from being fired. (他没法阻止你被解雇。) *help out “帮助(人)摆脱困难”、 “救助”。 *keep ... from 指“不使……做”、 “使……不做”、 “让……从……中摆脱出来”。因为from的后面必须跟名词形式, 所以用了being fired。 He can’t change the fact that you’ll be fired. He can’t stop you from being fired. ●事假和退休 她正在休产假。 She’s on maternity leave. (她正在休产假。) I didn’t know she was pregnant. (我不知道她怀孕的事。) *maternity leave “产假”。 She has gone on maternity leave. She’s on leave to have her baby. *have a baby “生孩子”。 马上把你的请假报告交上来。 Turn in your leave of absence request right away. (马上把你的请假报告交上来。) I’ll turn it in by the end of the day. (下班前我一定交上。) *turn in 意思是“提交(报告等)”、 “交上”。leave是“缺席”、 “没上班”的意思, leave of absence request 指“休假申请”。 Submit your leave of absence request at once. *submit “提交”。at once “马上”、 “立刻”。 Give me your leave of absence immediately. *immediately “立刻”。 你为什么突然不来上班? Why did you suddenly take a leave of absence? (你为什么突然不来上班?) I had a family emergency. (我家出了点急事。) *leave of absence “不上班”。 Why did you suddenly stop coming to work? *stop ...ing “停止做某事”。 Why did you leave work all of a sudden? *all of a sudden “突然”。 明年我到退休年龄了。 I’m supposed to retire next year. (明年我到退休年龄了。) Are you going to? (你会退休吗?) *be supposed to ... “预定要……”。retire “退休”、 “退职”。 I’m up for retirement next year. *be up for ... “成为……的对象”。 I’m due to retire next year. *due to ... “预定要……”。 史密斯先生已经不在这里了。 Can I speak with Mr. Smith please? (史密斯先生在吗?) Mr. Smith is no longer with us. (史密斯先生已经不在这里了。) *no longer “不再”。 May I see Mr. Jones, please? (我想见琼斯先生。) He’s no longer with the company. (他已经辞职了。) Mr. Smith isn’t employed here any longer. *employ “雇用”。not any longer ... “早已不……”。 Mr. Smith no longer works here. (史密斯先生已经不在这儿工作了。) He doesn’t work here any more. He isn’t with us any more. *not any more “不再”。 我交辞职信了。 I turned in my resignation. (我交辞职信了。) What are you going to do? (你打算做什么?) *turn in “提交”。resignation “辞职信”。 I left my company. I quit my job. (我辞职了。) *quit “辞去”。 I resigned. *resign “辞职”。 I handed in my resignation. *hand in “提交”。 我正打算辞职。 I’m thinking of quitting my job. (我正打算辞职。) Why? Are you unhappy there? (为什么?你不满意那儿吗?) *quit “辞去(工作等)”、 “辞职”。 I’m considering quitting my job. I’m thinking of leaving my job. 我想提前退休。 I’m thinking of early retirement. (我想提前退休。) What do you consider early? (你说的提前是指什么时候?) *early “早”。retirement “退休”。 *consider “认真考虑”。 I’m considering early retirement. I’m thinking I might retire early. (我可能会提前退休。) *might “可能”。 青木先生会辞职吗? Is Mr. Aoki going to resign? (青木先生会辞职吗?) I sure hope not. (我希望他不会。) *resign “辞职”、 “退休”。 Is Mr. Aoki going to quit? Is Mr. Aoki leaving? 我预感到他会辞职。 I had a hunch that he would quit our company. (我预感到他会辞职。) Everyone knew he was unhappy here. (大家都知道他在这里干得不愉快。) *hunch “直感”、 “预感”。I have a hunch that ... “我预感……”。quit “辞去”。 *unhappy “不愉快的”。 I had a feeling that he would quit our company. I suspected he was planning to leave our company. *suspect “觉得”。 果不其然, 他辞职了。 Sure enough, he left the company. (果不其然, 他辞职了。) I knew he was going to. (我早知道他要走。) *sure enough 意思是“果不其然”、 “和预料的一样”。left是leave的过去式, 除“离开”的意思外, 还有“辞职”的意思。 Indeed, he left the company. (他确实辞职了。) *indeed “真的”、 “确实”、 “果然”。 As expected, he left the company. (如我所料, 他辞职了。) *as ... “像……一样”。expect “预计”。 我听说你很快要辞职了。 I hear you’re leaving the company soon. (我听说你很快要辞职了。) Yes. My decision is final. (是的, 我已经决定了。) *I hear ... “我听说……”。leave “辞去(工作等)”。 Is it true you’re leaving the company soon? (你马上要辞职, 这是真的吗?) You’re leaving the company soon, right? (你马上要辞职, 对吗?) 我明天递交辞呈。 I’m turning in my resignation tomorrow. (我明天递交辞呈。) I had no idea you were this unhappy here. (我没想到你对这儿这么不满。) *turn in “递交(报告等)”。resignation “辞呈”。 I’m giving my notice tomorrow. Tomorrow I will turn in my resignation. 你为什么离开那家公司? Why did you leave that company? (你为什么离开那家公司?) I had reached the highest level possible. (因为不可能再往上升了。) *直译是“因为我已经到了可能达到的最高位置”。 What made you leave that company? *直译是“什么原因使你离开了那家公司?”。 What was your reason for leaving that company? (你离开那家公司的原因是什么?) 我不适合在这家公司干。 Why are you quitting your job? (你为什么辞职?) I’m not suited for this company. (我不适合在这家公司干。) *quit “辞去(工作等)”。 *be suited for ... “适合……”、 “合适……”。 This company doesn’t suit me. This isn’t my kind of company. 我想开始自己做生意。 I want to start a business of my own. (我想开始自己做生意。) That’s the only way to make money. (这是挣钱的惟一途径。) *own “自己的”。 I want to start working for myself. I’m interested in starting a business. *be interested in ... “对……有兴趣”。 你走出了一条自己的路。 You chose your own way of life. (你走出了一条自己的路。) I’m glad I did. (我对此很满意。) *直译是“你选择了属于自己的人生道路”。chose是choose(选择)的过去式。own没有也可以, 但是加上它, 使得“独自的”、 “自己特有的”这一意思表达得更充分。 *be glad “高兴”。 You chose your way of life. You chose to live your life the way you wanted to. You made up your own mind. (你自己做了决定。) *make up one’s mind “决心(做……)”。 我不会阻拦你的。 I feel like quitting this job. (我想把工作辞掉。) I won’t stop you. (我不会阻拦你的。) *feel like “想……”。quit “辞去(工作等)”。 You’re free to go. (你来去自由。) Don’t let me stand in your way. *“stand in ... way” 意思是“妨碍……”, 直译是“别让我妨碍你”。 ●辞职和换工作 我希望有一天能开创一番事业。 I’m planning on making it big someday. (我希望有一天能开创一番事业。) I wish you well. (我祝你好运。) *I’m planning on ... “我打算做……”、 “我计划……”。make it big “取得大的成功”。 I plan to have a successful future. I intend to be rich some day. (我希望有一天成为有钱人。) *intend “打算”。 我辞职不干了。 I’m one of the corporate dropouts. (我辞职不干了。) Good for you. (好样的。) *corporate “公司的”、 “法人的”。dropout “脱离既成社会体制的人”、 “退出者”。 I chose to leave the corporate world. (我选择了离开公司。) I dropped out of the corporate world. (我脱离了公司。) 青木先生换工作了。 Mr. Aoki has changed his job. (青木先生换工作了。) What does he do now? (他现在做什么?) *have+p.p.(过去分词)表示完成或结果。 Mr. Aoki has changed professions. *profession “职业”。 Mr. Aoki has a new job. (青木先生有了一份新工作。) 日本是终身雇佣制。 Do people in Japan change jobs often? (日本人经常换工作吗?) We have a lifetime employment system in Japan. (日本是终身雇佣制。) *lifetime “一生的”、 “终生的”。employment “雇佣”。 Japanese companies offer their workers lifetime employment. *offer “提供”。 Workers at Japanese companies are offered lifetime employment. 你想换工作吗? Are you thinking of changing jobs? (你想换工作吗?) I’ve considered it. (我考虑过。) *change jobs “换工作”。 *consider “认真考虑”。 Are you considering a job change? Will you be leaving this job? (你要辞掉这份工作吗?) Do you think you’ll quit working here? (你想过不在这儿干了吗?) *quit “辞去”、 “停止”。 我经常换工作。 I’ve changed jobs often. (我经常换工作。) How many jobs have you had in the last year? (去年你换了几份工作?) I’ve changed jobs frequently. *frequently “频繁”、 “经常”。 I’ve had several different jobs. 我在这儿的工作只是一个跳板。 My job here is only a stepping-stone. (我在这儿的工作只是一个跳板。) I know. You’re looking for a better job, right? (我知道。你在找更好的工作, 对吧?) *stepping-stone 指“(通往成功等的)手段”、 “跳板”, 意思也就是说“在这儿做事只是临时性的”。 This job is just a stepping-stone. This job is just the start for me. (这份工作对我来说只是开始。) I have bigger plans for myself. (我有更大的梦想。) 只是钱的问题。 Why did you decide to switch companies? (你为什么决定跳槽?) It’s just a matter of money. (只是钱的问题。) *decide “决定”。switch “换”。 *just “只是”。matter “问题”。 It’s because of money. (因为钱。) *because of ... “因为……”。 It’s all about the money. Money is the problem. *problem “问题”。 Money is the reason. (是因为钱。) *reason “理由”。 你应该等等。 I’m considering quitting this job. (我正在考虑辞职。) You should wait. (你应该等等。) I think it would be wise to wait. You should think it through. (你应该好好考虑考虑。) You should think about it. (你应该再好好想想。) 希望你慎重考虑。 I may consider changing jobs. (我可能考虑换工作。) We hope you’ll think it over. (希望你慎重考虑。) *think ... over “深思熟虑”、 “认真考虑”。 We hope you’ll give it careful consideration. (希望你慎重考虑。) Please consider it carefully. (请你慎重考虑。) 谁也挡不住这个诱惑。 I was offered $200,000 a year to work in China. (我在中国工作的年薪是20万美元。) Who can resist that temptation? (谁也挡不住这个诱惑。) *offer “提出”、 “提议”。 *直译是“谁能抵抗这个诱惑呢?”。resist 指“抵抗”、 “反抗”, temptation 指“诱惑”、 “冲动”。 That just sounds too good to be true. (听起来都不像是真的。) *sound “听起来(像……)”。 That’s too hard to resist. 请保持联系。 I’m going to miss you. (我会想你的。) Please keep in touch. (请保持联系。) *这是告别时常说的话。miss “想念”。 *keep in touch “保持联系”。 Please don’t forget us. (请别把我们给忘了。) Please call us now and then. (请随时给我们来电话。) *now and then “时而”。 ●求职 我眼下没有工作。 I’m out of work at the moment. (我眼下没有工作。) What are you doing every day? (那你每天在做什么?) *out of work “失业”。at the moment “目前”。 I don’t have a job at the moment. I’m not working right now. *right now “现在”。 我正在找工作。 Are you working right now? (你现在工作了吗?) No, I’m between jobs. (没有, 我正在找工作。) *这句话意思是“我辞掉了工作, 现在正在找新的工作”, 也就是说“我现在不上班”, 直译是“我在工作和工作之间”。between 意思是“在……之间”。 I haven’t found a new job yet. (我还没有找到新的工作。) *find “寻找”。yet “还”。 I’m looking for a new job. (我正在找新的工作。) *be looking for ... “正在寻找……”。 我想换个新工作。 I want a new job. (我想换个新工作。) That’s easy enough to accomplish. (那太容易实现了。) *job “工作”。 *accomplish “完成”。 I wish I had a new job. (要有份新工作就好了。) I need a new job. 你怎么找到你的新工作的? How did you find your new job? (你怎么找到你的新工作的?) I answered a newspaper ad. (通过报纸上的广告。) *find “找到”。 *ad指advertisement, “广告”。 How did you find out about your new job? *find out “找出”。 How did you discover this job opening? *discover “发现”。opening “空缺”。 我需要积累经验。 Why are you looking for another job? (你为什么要找别的工作?) I need to gain experience. (我需要积累经验。) *gain “获得”、 “取得”。experience “经验”。 I need more experience. (我需要更多的经验。) I need to get more experience. (我需要积累更多的经验。)

使用道具 举报

25#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:33:18 |只看该作者
加班 ●加班 我今天得加班。 I have to work overtime today. (我今天得加班。) Lots of work, huh? (工作太多了, 是吧?) *work overtime “加班”。 *这里的huh表示征求对方的同意, “是吧”、 “对吧”。 I have to work overtime tonight. I have to work extra hours tonight. *extra hours “额外的时间”, 也就是“加班”。 I’m going to be working overtime tonight. 你今天又要加班吗? Will you work overtime again today? (你今天又要加班吗?) No, I’ll be going home on time. (不, 我会按时回家。) *go home “回家”。on time “按时”。 Are you working overtime again today? Will you work extra hours again today? 我定期加班。 I work overtime on a regular basis. (我定期加班。) Don’t you get tired after a while? (干一段时间后你不累吗?) *regular “定期的”。basis “基础”、 “基准”。on a ... basis “以……为基准”。 *after a while “一段时间后”。 I work overtime regularly. I am a regular overtime worker. 加班可以证明你对公司的忠诚。 How can I impress my boss? (我怎么能给老板留下深刻印象?) Working overtime is considered a sign of loyalty to your company. (加班可以证明你对公司的忠诚。) *impress “给(人)深刻印象”、 “使感动”。 *consider “考虑”。sign “表现”、 “象征”。loyalty “忠诚”。 Doing overtime work is considered a sign of loyalty to your company. Working overtime is thought of as a sign of loyalty to your company. 那么早回去总觉得过意不去。 Go ahead and leave early today. (今天可以早点下班。) I feel guilty going home so early. (那么早回去总觉得过意不去。) *这里的go ahead是“(劝人做某事的)请”。 *feel guilty “内疚”、 “有罪恶感”。 I feel badly about going home so early. I feel ashamed to be going home so early. *feel ashamed “感到可耻”。 给你加班费吗? Do you get paid overtime? (给你加班费吗?) Only for anything over 40 hours a week. (一周工作量超过40小时以后才给。) *paid是pay的过去分词, 表示“支付”。 Do you get overtime pay? *这里的pay指“津贴”。 Do you get time and a half? (加班费能拿到正常工资的1.5倍吗?) *time and a half “正常工资1.5倍的津贴”, 也就是说“加班费比正常工资增加50%”。 老板几点走的? When did the boss leave? (老板几点走的?) I think it was about 10∶00. (我想大约是在10点。) *这里的leave指“离开”。 When did our boss take off? *take off “离开”。 When did our boss go home? 我可以按时回家。 Are you staying at work late tonight? (你今晚要加班吗?) No, I can go home on time. (不, 我可以按时回家。) I’m actually working regular hours today. *actually “其实”、 “实际上”。 I don’t have to work overtime. 明天做不可以吗? I need to finish the project tonight before I go to bed. (我必须在今晚睡觉前做完这个课题。) Why don’t you do it tomorrow? (明天做不可以吗?) *project “项目”、 “课题”。 *“Why don’t ...?” 表示建议, “为什么不……”。 Why don’t you leave it for tomorrow? Why don’t you put it off until tomorrow? *put off “延期”。 我们有太多书面工作要做。 Why do we have to work late? (我们为什么得加班?) We have too much paperwork to do. (我们有太多书面工作要做。) *paperwork “文书工作”。 We’re overloaded with paperwork. *overload “超负荷”、 “增加负担”。 We’re buried in paperwork. (我们书面工作缠身。) *bury “掩埋”。 我得挣钱还清债务。 Working extra hours must be tough. (加班一定很累吧?) Yes, but I’m working to pay off debts. (是啊, 但是我得挣钱还清债务。) *pay off “还清(借款等)”。debt “借款”、 “负债”。 I need to work to pay off debts. The reason I work is to pay my bills. *reason “理由”、 “原因”。pay my bill “付账单”。 不用加班就好了。 I wish I didn’t have to work overtime. (不用加班就好了。) Can’t you refuse to do it? (你不会不加吗?) *这里的wish指“如果可以……就好了”。 *refuse “拒绝”、 “谢绝”。 I only want to work an eight-hour day. (我一天只想工作8小时。) I don’t want to work overtime. (我不想加班。) I dislike working longer than I am scheduled to work. (我不喜欢超工作量地加班。) *dislike “不喜欢”。scheduled “被计划的”。 我更愿意这个时间能自由支配。 Why don’t you work extra hours on Friday nights? (星期五晚上加班怎么样?) I prefer to have free time. (我更愿意这个时间能自由支配。) *prefer to ... “宁愿……”。 I prefer free time instead. *instead “相反”。 I’d rather have free time. *would rather ... “宁愿……”、 “做……更好”。 你周末能上班吗? Can you work on weekends? (你周末能上班吗?) Maybe once in a while. (偶尔的话也许可以。) *once in a while “有时”、 “偶尔”。 Will you be able to work weekends? Are you available to work weekends? *available “有空的”、“(时间等)可以利用的”。 你明天上班吗? Are you working tomorrow? (你明天上班吗?) Yes, but only until noon. (上, 但就到中午。) *be ...ing表示不久的将来的预定和打算。 Do you work tomorrow? Are you supposed to work tomorrow? (你明天要上班吗?) *be supposed to ... “预计要做……”。 他又要干到很晚。 He’s burning the midnight oil again. (他又要干到很晚。) He really should get more sleep. (他应该有更多的睡眠。) *burn “燃烧”。midnight “午夜”、 “夜里12点”。burn the midnight oil是习惯用语, 意思是“工作到很晚”, 因为“深夜还燃着灯油点着亮”。 He’s staying up all hours of the night. *stay up “不去睡”。 He’s burning the candle at both ends. *burn the candle at both ends直译是“蜡烛两头都点着火”。也就是从“从多方面过分迅猛地消耗精力”的意思引申为“从早到晚地工作”。 熬夜也要把它做完。 Let’s get it done even if we have to stay up all night. (熬夜也要把它做完。) I’m game. (好吧。) *even if ... “即使……”。 *I’m game. 表示同意对方的建议, 意思是“好吧, 就这么做吧”。 It’s due tomorrow. (明天是截止日期。) I might have to work all night tonight. (我今晚可能要干个通宵。) *might “可能……”, 表示推测。 We may have to pull an all-nighter to finish. (我们也许要熬夜才能把它做完。) *pull an all-nighter是习惯用语, 意思是“通宵工作(或学习)”。 Let’s finish even if it takes us all night. I may have to work through the night. I could be working all night long. 搞不好我们要干个通宵。 I don’t think we can finish tonight. (我想今晚是干不完了。) If worst comes to worst, we’ll stay up all night. (搞不好我们要干个通宵。) *if worst comes to worst是习惯用语, 意思是“最坏的情况是”、 “万一的话”。stay up 指“没睡”。 As a last resort, we’ll work all night. *as a last resort是习惯用语, 表示“作为最后的手段”。 The worst case scenario is that we’ll be here all night. *scenario “设想”、 “局面”、 “剧情说明”。 午夜过后我才能回家。 When will you be home? (你什么时候回家?) I’ll be getting home after midnight. (午夜过后我才能回家。) *after midnight “夜里12点过后”。 I won’t be home until after midnight. I’ll get home after midnight. 我差点儿赶不上末班车。 I barely made the last train. (我差点儿赶不上末班车。) I’m glad you didn’t miss it.(你没错过真是太好了。) *barely “勉强”。make “赶上(火车等)”。the last train “末班车”。 *glad “高兴”。miss “错过”。 I almost missed the last train. (我差点儿错过末班车。) *almost “差点儿”。 I got on the last train at the last minute. (我刚好赶上了末班车。) *get on “乘上”。at the last minute “最后关头”、 “刚好”。 我干了一个通宵。 You look really tired. (你看起来很累。) I stayed up all night working. (我干了一个通宵。) *stay up “没睡”。all night “一晚上”。 I worked through the night. Did you finish the report? (你写完报告了吗?) Yes, I was up all night working. (写完了, 我昨晚一夜没睡。) I didn’t sleep at all last night. I pulled an all-nighter last night. *口语表达法。 ●工作过度操劳 我们每天都要加班。 We’re working overtime every day. (我们每天都要加班。) There’s a lot of work to be done. (有太多的事情要做。) *work overtime “加班”。 We’re working extra hours every day. *extra “额外的”。 We’re staying after hours every day. *after hours “下班后”、 “放学后”。 第二天我会觉得累。 Does working overtime wear you out? (加班你累不累?) I feel tired the next day. (第二天我会觉得累。) *wear out “使疲劳”。 I’m tired the next day. I’m worn out the next day. 连着几天加班真叫人受不了。 You look worn out today. (你今天看起来很疲劳。) Yes, I feel miserable when I work overtime for days. (是啊, 连着几天加班真叫人受不了。) *miserable “讨厌的”、 “悲惨的”。for days “好几天”。 I don’t feel well when I work overtime for days. I feel terrible after I work overtime for days. *terrible “糟透的”、 “难受的”。 我们忙得都得连轴转。 Your office staff seems so busy. (你们公司的员工看上去都很忙。) We work round-the-clock. (我们忙得都得连轴转。) *staff “员工”、 “职工”。seem “看起来”。 *round-the-clock指“日夜不停地”、 “没有休息地”。这里的意思虽说是“不停地干”, 不过未必是24小时都工作。 We work all hours. We never stop working. *never “从未”。stop ...ing “停止做……。 今天我连续工作了9个小时, 一点没休息。 I worked for nine hours without a break today. (今天我连续工作了9个小时, 一点没休息。) You must be exhausted. (你一定累坏了。) *break “小憩”、 “休息”。 *be exhausted “累坏了”, 疲劳的状态比be tired更甚。 I worked for nine hours straight today. *straight “连续不断地”。 I worked nine hours without a break today. (我今天连着干了9个小时的活儿。) 虽然我很累, 但还是坚持工作。 Though I was tired, I kept on with my work. (虽然我很累, 但还是坚持工作。) You can rest now that the project is over. (这个项目已经完成了, 你可以休息了。) *though “虽然”。keep on with ... “坚持……”。 *now that “由于”。 Even though I was tired, I just kept working. *even though “虽然”。 I kept working even though I was tired. *这里的keep指“继续”。 I was tired, but I continued working. *continue “继续”。 我累坏了。 We just finished the last one. (我们刚完成了最后一项任务。) I’m worn-out. (我累坏了。) *be worn-out 意思是“累坏了”。tired是一般意义上的累, 而worn-out、 beat、 pooped的感觉更疲劳, 表示“累坏了”。exhausted表示的疲劳程度更为严重, 意思是“累得筋疲力尽”。 I’m beat. *beat “累极的”。 I’m so tired I can’t stand up. (我累得站不起来了。) I’m pooped. *be pooped “累坏了”。 I’m tired. I’m exhausted. *be exhausted “累得筋疲力尽”。 干得太辛苦会要了你的命的。 Working so much will kill you. (干得太辛苦会要了你的命的。) Maybe I should slow down. (也许我是该悠着点儿干。) It’s not healthy working that much. Working so much could affect your health. (干得太辛苦会搞垮你的身体。) 我的工作需要投入大量的时间和精力。 Why are you so tired? (你为什么那么累?) My job requires a lot of time and energy. (我的工作需要投入大量的时间和精力。) I put a lot of time and energy into my job. (我在工作上投入了大量的时间和精力。) My job demands a lot of my time and energy. 我要能有更多自己的时间就好了。 You’re always at work. (你总是在工作。) I wish I had more time for myself. (我要能有更多自己的时间就好了。) *at work “在工作”。 *这里的wish指“要是能……就好了”, 表示和事实相反, 或者是现在不可能实现的愿望。 I wish I could spend more time on myself. I wish I had more private time. *private “个人的”。 I wish I had more free time. 再多些空闲时间就好了。 I could do with more leisure time. (再多些空闲时间就好了。) Couldn’t we all? (我们不都是这样吗?) *leisure “空闲的”、 “闲暇的”。 I could use more leisure time. I need more free time. (我需要更多自由支配的时间。) I’d like more time to relax. (我想要更多的休息时间。) 这些天我连喘口气的时间都没有。 I don’t have time to catch my breath these days. (这些天我连喘口气的时间都没有。) Perhaps you need to slow down some. (也许你应该悠着点儿干。) *catch one’s breath “喘口气”、 “休息”。these days “这些天”、 “最近”。 I don’t have time to breathe these days. *breathe “呼吸”。 I don’t even have time to catch my breath these days. 我一天工作14小时。 Do you work an eight-hour day? (你一天工作8小时吗?) No, I’m working fourteen hours a day. (不, 我一天工作14小时。) I’m working a fourteen-hour day. I work fourteen hours a day. 我都快疯了。 You have been working for eighteen hours straight! (你已经连续工作18个小时了。) I’m losing my mind. (我都快疯了。) *lose ... mind “发狂”。 I’m going crazy. *这里的crazy 指“不正常的”、 “疯狂的”。 I’ve lost it. (我都要崩溃了。) I can’t think straight anymore. (我脑子都不转了。) 我忙得要死了。 I’m so busy that I could die. (我忙得要死了。) We are all in the same boat. (我们都一样。) *so ... that ... “非常……以至于……”。 *be in the same boat “处境相同”。 I’m so busy I think I’m going to die. I’m about to die. I’m so busy. *be about to ... “即将……”。 我忙得连思考的时间都没有了。 I’m so busy I don’t have time to think. (我忙得连思考的时间都没有了。 ) Don’t work yourself to death. (别那么拼命。) *be busy “忙碌”、 “繁忙”。have time to ... “有时间做……”。 I’m too busy to even think. (我忙得连考虑的时间都没有。) I’m so busy I can’t even think. 你是不是打算把一辈子都给了工作? I’m sorry, but I have to work this weekend too. (很抱歉, 这个周末我又得加班。) Do you intend to devote your whole life to your job? (你是不是打算把一辈子都给了工作?) *intend to ... “打算做……”。devote ... to “把……献给”。 Are you planning to devote your whole life to your job? Is it your intention to devote all of your life to work? *intention to ... “做……的意愿(想法)”。 【在办公室里接听电话】 How do you spell your name? (你的名字怎么拼?) 与面对面讲英语相比, 电话里讲英语因为看不到对方的手势、 表情, 对方说的意思将变得更加难以理解。即使对自己的英语日常口语有些自信的人, 一旦碰到电话另一头的人英语说得很快, 也容易不知所措。 但是, 办公室里电话的接听是有诀窍的。如果掌握了常用的电话英语表达方式, 其实也不难。在这里, 我们先从基本的表达方式即询问对方姓名的方式说起。 对中国人来说, 外国人的名字很难听清。但是, 不能因此让对方把自己名字的发音重复几遍, 这样不仅你可能还是没听清, 而且也会使对方不悦。这时候, 我建议你询问对方名字的拼写, 你可以问: How do you spell your name? (你的名字怎么拼?) 像这样记下对方名字的正确拼写, 还会有助于你顺利开展业务。可惜的是, 似乎并不是很多人都能马上说出这句话, 他们只会一味地干着急。 [类似表达] Will you spell your name, please? Could you spell your name, please? Would you please spell your name? Could you spell that?

使用道具 举报

26#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:33:50 |只看该作者
休息时间 ●午饭 就要到午饭时间了。 It’s almost lunchtime. (就要到午饭时间了。) I’m hungry. (我都饿了。) *almost “几乎”、 “差一点”。 It’s nearly lunchtime. It’s close to lunchtime. 你吃过午饭了吗? Have you eaten lunch yet? (你吃过午饭了吗?) No, I haven’t had time. (没有, 我还没腾出空来。) *这里的yet指“已经”, 相当于already。 Have you had lunch yet? *have lunch “吃午饭”。 Have you gone on your lunch break? 你想吃点什么吗? Would you like to get something to eat? (你想吃点什么吗?) Yes. I’m hungry. (想, 我肚子饿了。) Why don’t we get something to eat? *Why don’t we ...? “我们为什么不……”。 Should we go eat something? How about getting something to eat? *How about ...? “……怎么样?”。 Would you like to get a bite to eat? (来点便餐怎么样?) *这里的bite指“便餐”。 我们吃午饭时谈吧。 We need to talk about Mr. Smith’s promotion. (我们该谈谈提拔史密斯先生的事。) Let’s discuss that over lunch. (我们吃午饭时谈吧。) *discuss 意思是“谈论”。这里的over表示“在……期间”。 Let’s talk over lunch. (我们吃午饭时谈吧。) I’ll be there. (好的。) *I’ll be there. 直译是“我会去那儿”。 Shall we discuss it over lunch? (我们边吃午饭边谈, 好吗?) Could we talk about it during lunch? (我们可以吃午饭时谈吗?) Let’s talk about it at lunch. Let’s have lunch and talk. Let’s talk over a cup of coffee. (我们边喝咖啡边聊吧。) 你能推荐一个地方吗? Where shall we have lunch? (我们在哪里吃午饭?) Can you recommend a place to go? (你能推荐一个地方吗?) *recommend “推荐”、 “建议”。 Where do you recommend? (你推荐哪里?) What’s your suggestion? *suggestion “提议”。 What’s your recommendation? (你的建议是什么?) 随便。 What would you like for lunch? (你午饭想吃什么?) Anything will do. (随便。) Anything’s okay. I’m not particular. (我不挑食。) *particular “挑剔的”。 Anything’s fine. 我想吃点清淡的。 What are you in the mood for? (你想吃什么?) I want to have a light meal. (我想吃点清淡的。) *这里的light指“(食物)简单的”、 “清淡的”。 I want to eat something light. A light meal would be nice. (一顿便餐就好了。) 我饿了。 I’m starving. (我饿了。) Let’s go eat. (吃饭去吧。) *starve “饥饿”、 “饿死”。 I’m starved. I am famished. *famished “饿的”、 “饥饿状态的”。 I’m so hungry. 你还不饿吗? Aren’t you hungry yet? (你还不饿吗?) Not yet. (我还不饿。) *hungry “饥饿的”。 You’re not hungry yet? Are you hungry? (你饿了吗?) 我要出去吃午饭。 I’m going out to lunch. (我要出去吃午饭。) I’ll join you. (我也去。) I’m leaving to have lunch. I’m going to eat lunch. I’m going to lunch now. (我现在去吃午饭。) 好好休息吧。 I’ll go on my break now. (我现在要休息了。) Take your time. (好好休息吧。) *take one’s time “(不慌不忙)慢慢做”。 No hurry. (不要着急。) You don’t need to hurry. *hurry “匆忙”。 他去吃午饭了。 Is Mr. Aoki in? (青木先生在吗?) He’s out to lunch. (他去吃午饭了。) *be out “外出”。 I can’t find Mr. Jones. (我找不到琼斯先生。) He’s gone to lunch. (他去吃午饭了。) He stepped out to lunch. *step out “暂时离开”。 He left for lunch. He’s left for lunch. 1点之前安排的是午休。 What’s next on our agenda? (下一个日程安排是什么?) We have scheduled a lunch break till one o’clock. (1点之前安排的是午休。) *这里的break是名词, 指“休息时间”。 We have a scheduled lunch break until one o’clock. We have a lunch break scheduled till one o’clock. 我们有一小时的午餐时间。 Will there be time given to eat something? (有没有供吃饭的时间?) Yes. We have an hour lunch break. (有的。我们有一小时的午餐时间。) There is an hour lunch break. An hour is provided to eat lunch. *provide “供给”、 “给予”。 我只是不想浪费时间。 Why do you eat your lunch in the office? (你为什么在办公室里吃午饭?) I just don’t want to waste time. (我只是不想浪费时间。) *waste “浪费”、 “消耗”。 I simply don’t want to waste time. *simply “只是”、 “仅仅”。 Time is not something I want to waste. 我们可以共进午餐吗? We need to talk. (我们该谈一谈。) Can we have lunch together? (我们可以共进午餐吗?) *have lunch “吃午饭”。 Will you have lunch with me? (你和我一起吃午饭好吗?) I don’t see why not. (好啊。) *I don’t see why not. 直译是“我不明白为什么不”, 也就是说“好, 一起吃吧”。 Is it possible for us to have lunch? *possible “可能的”。 I’d like to have lunch together. (我想一起吃午饭。) I’d like to invite you to lunch. (我想请你吃午饭。) Can we go have lunch? Let’s do lunch. ●稍事休息 休息一下吧? Shall we take a break? (休息一下吧?) Yes, let’s. (好的, 那就休息一下吧。) *take a break “休息”。 Shall we take five? *take five “休息片刻”。 Shall we go on a break? 那我们休息一会儿吧。 I’m getting tired. (我累了。) Let’s take a rest. (那我们休息一会儿吧。) *get tired “累了”。 *take a rest “休息一会儿”。 Let’s take five. (休息一会儿吧。) Sounds good to me. (好的。) *take five指“休息一会儿”。这里的five是“5分钟”的意思, 但是未必只休息5分钟。 Let’s take a break. (休息一会儿吧。) Let’s take a five-minute break. (休息5分钟吧。) *break “小憩”。 Let’s take a quick break. Let’s take a short break. Break time! (该休息了!) Let’s stop a bit. Let’s rest for a while. (休息一会儿吧。) 就到这儿, 大家休息一下喝点什么吧。 Let’s stop here and get something to drink. (就到这儿, 大家休息一下喝点什么吧。) Okay, let’s take ten minutes. (好的, 那就休息10分钟。) Let’s take a break and have something to drink. *take a break “休息”。 Let’s have a coffee break. (喝点咖啡休息一下。) Shall we stop and have something to drink? 稍微休息一下吧。 Let’s take a coffee break. (稍微休息一下吧。) Good thinking. (好主意。) *coffee break “咖啡时间”、 “工作中途的休息”。 Let’s take a break for coffee. Let’s take some time for coffee. 你想喝点什么吗? Would you like something to drink? (你想喝点什么吗?) Just black coffee, please. (请给我来杯不加糖的咖啡。) How about something to drink? Can I get you something to drink? 咖啡好了。 The coffee is ready. (咖啡好了。) It smells great. (闻起来好香啊。) *ready “准备好的”。 *smell “闻起来”。 Have some coffee. (请喝咖啡。) Coffee is served. *serve “端出”、 “服侍就餐”。 Coffee is made. 我就要一杯咖啡。 Do you need anything? (你需要什么吗?) All I need is a cup of coffee. (我就要一杯咖啡。) *all I need is ... “只要……就好了”。 A cup of coffee is all I need. As long as I have my coffee, I’m fine. (只要有咖啡, 我就满足了。) *as long as “如果”、 “只要”。 I don’t need anything but coffee. (除了咖啡我什么都不要。) *but “除了”。 老板不在你就偷懒了吧? Are you relaxing while your boss’s away? (老板不在你就偷懒了吧?) No, I’m just taking my coffee break. (才不是呢。我只不过休息了一会儿。) *relax “放松”、 “休息”。while “在……的期间”。away “不在”。 Are you taking it easy while your boss’s away? *take it easy “休息”。 Are you relaxing because your boss isn’t around? 这个自动售货机坏了。 I put a dollar in, but nothing happened. (我投了1美元进去, 可是什么动静也没有。) This vending machine’s not working. (这个自动售货机坏了。) *happen “发生”、 “产生”。 *vending machine “自动售货机”。 This vending machine does not work. This vending machine’s broken. 你想透点新鲜空气吗? Do you want some fresh air? (你想透点新鲜空气吗?) Yes. Go ahead and open the window. (好的。把窗户打开吧。) *fresh “新鲜的”、 “清爽的”。 How about some fresh air? *How about ...? “……怎么样?”。 Do you want a breath of fresh air? *a breath of fresh air “(户外的)新鲜空气”。 我得消磨点儿时间。 I have to kill some time. (我得消磨点儿时间。) Let’s go get lunch. (我们去吃午饭吧。) *kill time “消磨(空余时间)。 I have to waste some time. (我得消磨些时间。) *比较随便的说法。 I have time to spare. (我有空。) *spare “多余的”、 “(时间)空闲的”。 I have some free time. (我有点空余时间。) 去咖啡店打发时间吧。 Let’s go to a coffee shop and kill some time. (去咖啡店打发时间吧。) Great. I could use a cup of coffee. (好的。我可以来杯咖啡。) *kill除“杀”的意思之外, 还有“消磨(时间)”的意思。 Let’s go to a coffee shop and use up some time. Let’s kill some time at a coffee shop. 我在咖啡店里消磨了一个小时。 What did you do between meetings? (会议间歇你做了些什么?) I killed an hour in a coffee shop. (我在咖啡店里消磨了一个小时。) I wasted an hour in a coffee shop. *wasted是waste的过去式, 表示“浪费(时间和金钱等)”、 “消耗”。比较随便的说法。 I stayed in a coffee shop for an hour. (我在咖啡店待了一个小时。) 他睡得很香。 He’s sound asleep. (他睡得很香。) I guess he needs the rest. (我想他需要好好休息。) *sound “酣畅地”。be sound asleep是习惯用语, 表示“熟睡”。 He’s dead to the world. *be dead to the world “酣睡”。 He’s sleeping soundly. *soundly “酣畅地”。 我们只是发泄一下而已。 What was all of that noise about? (那都是些什么声音?) We were just letting off steam. (我们只是发泄一下而已。) *noise “声音”、 “噪音”。 *let off steam中的steam原意是“水蒸气”, 这里作为短语, 表示“泄怒”。 We were getting it out of our systems. *get ... out of one’s system “完全忘记(不愉快的事情)”。 We were trying to unwind. *unwind “消除紧张”。 我们继续工作吧? Shall we get back to business? (我们继续工作吧?) Yes, let’s continue on page five. (好的, 大家继续看第5页。) *Shall we ...? “……好吗?” *continue “继续”。 Shall we return to the business at hand? *business at hand “手头上的工作”。 Let’s get back to business.

使用道具 举报

27#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:34:14 |只看该作者
休息日和休假 你明天为什么不休息一天? Why don’t you take the day off tomorrow? (你明天为什么不休息一天?) I’d like to, but I need to finish my report. (我也想, 可是我必须写完报告。) *直译是“为什么你明天不休个假呢?”。“Why don’t you ...?”意思是“……做怎么样?”。这里的take指“获得(休假)”, take the day off 指“休一天假”。 How about taking tomorrow off? *How about ...? “……做怎么样?”。 You should have a day off tomorrow. *should “应该”。 Why don’t you stay home tomorrow? (明天你何不待在家里?) Maybe relaxing at home would help. (在家里放松一下也许会有帮助。) 明天要是能不上班就好了。 I wish I could take the day off tomorrow. (明天要是能不上班就好了。) Go for it. (那你就请个假。) *Go for it. 表示“做做看”的习惯用语。 I hope I can take the day off tomorrow. *与用I wish相比, 表达的想要休息的意愿更加强烈。 I wish I had tomorrow off. 你最好休息一会儿。 I’m so tired I can’t think straight. (我累得脑子都不转了。) You’d better rest for a while. (你最好休息一会儿。) *这里的straight指“正确地”、 “仔细地”。 *You’d是You had的缩写。had better表示“最好……”, 该表达方式比should具有更强烈推荐的语义。for a while 意思是“一段时间”。 You should take a few days off. (你应该请几天假。) But there’s so much work! (但是有太多工作要做!) Why don’t you knock off for a while? *knock off “中断”、 “停止工作”。 A short break would be good for you. *break “休息”。 You need a vacation. (你需要休假。) You should take some time off. (你应该休息休息。) 请多保重。 I won’t be in to work again today. (我今天还是上不了班。) I hope you feel better soon. (请多保重。) *直译是“我希望你快点好起来”。 I sure hope you get better soon. *sure “确实”。 Hope you’re up and around soon. *be up and around “(病后)能离床走动”、 “起床四处走动”。 我今天上不了班。 I can’t come in today. (我今天上不了班。) Are you sick? (你病了吗?) *这里的come in指“上班”。 I won’t be able to come in today. I’m not able to be there today. 他今天打电话来请病假。 He called in sick today. (他今天打电话来请病假。) I hope he feels better soon. (希望他能快点好起来。) *call in 指“(给工作单位等)打电话”。call in sick是习惯用语, 表示“打电话请病假”。 Where’s the manager? (经理在哪里?) He’s off sick today. (他今天请了病假。) He’s out today due to illness. *due to “因为”。 He called to say he’s sick today. 他今天请假了。 May I speak to Mr. Jones? (琼斯先生在吗?) He’s off today. (他今天请假了。) *off “休息”、 “不工作”。 He’s taking the day off. He’s not in today. He’s not at work today. 他休假到这个月底。 I need Mr. Jones to help me with this. (我需要琼斯先生帮忙。) He’s off till the end of this month. (他休假到这个月底。) *the end of ... “……的末端”。 He won’t return till the end of the month. (他月底才回来。) He’s on leave till the end of this month. *on leave “休假期间”。 He’s on vacation till the end of this month. (他一直休假到这个月底。) *on vacation “休假”。 我昨天休假了。 I took the day off yesterday. (我昨天休假了。) What did you do? (你做什么去了?) *take the day off “休假”。 I had yesterday off. I decided to take yesterday off. *decide to ... “决定做……”。 我这个月一天假也没休。 I haven’t had a day off this month. (我这个月一天假也没休。) You must be exhausted. (你一定累坏了吧。) *have a day off “休息一天”。 *be exhausted “筋疲力尽”。 I’ve worked every day this month. (这个月我每天都上班。) I haven’t had any days off this month yet. 我们通常都不休假。 Where do you go on vacation? (你假期去哪儿?) We usually don’t take any vacations. (我们通常都不休假。) *take a vacation “休假”。 We rarely take vacations. *rarely 指“几乎没有……”, 表示否定, 和seldom的意思相同,但是rarely的说法更随便。 We usually don’t go on vacation. 我有时需要休息。 I need to have a break sometime. (我有时需要休息。) Everyone does. (每个人都这样。) *have a break “休息”。 I have to have a break sometime. I need to take breaks, too. 明天我放假。 Tomorrow is my day off. (明天我放假。) Are you going to play golf? (你去打高尔夫球吗?) *day off “休息日”。 I’m off tomorrow. *off一个词就表示“休息”的意思。 I get a day off tomorrow. 明天是全国性节日。 Tomorrow is a national holiday. (明天是全国性节日。) Which holiday is it? (什么节日?) *national holiday “全国性节日”。 It’s a national holiday tomorrow. We are having a national holiday tomorrow. 明天你想打高尔夫球吗? Would you like to golf tomorrow? (明天你想打高尔夫球吗?) Thanks, but I’ll be busy tomorrow. (谢谢, 可是明天我没空。) *Would you like to ...? “你想……吗?”、 “一起做……好吗?”。 How would you like to play golf tomorrow? *play golf “打高尔夫球”。 Do you want to play golf tomorrow? Would you be interested in playing golf tomorrow? 如果你想休假, 应该提前提出。 I need tomorrow off. (我明天想休息。) If you want to take days off, you must request them in advance. (如果你想休假, 应该提前提出。) *take days off “休假”。in advance “提前”、 “事先”。 Request any time off in advance. You need to ask ahead for any time off. *ahead “提前”。 10号那天我可以请假吗? May I take the 10th off? (10号那天我可以请假吗?) Only if it’s for an emergency. (除非你有什么紧急的事儿。) *take ... off “休息”。 *emergency “紧急情况”。 Could I take the 10th off? Is it all right if I don’t come in on the 10th? (10号那天我可以不来上班吗?) 祝你周末愉快! I’m leaving. Have a nice weekend! (我回去了。祝你周末愉快!) You, too. (也祝你周末愉快!) *周末分别时常说的告别话。 Have a good weekend! I hope you have a nice weekend. Enjoy your weekend. 祝你旅途愉快! I’m leaving next week. (我下星期要出差。) Have a good trip. (祝你旅途愉快!) *送别即将踏上旅途的人时说的习惯用语。 Enjoy the trip. Have a fun trip. Bon voyage. *原本是法语, 但是在美国也经常使用。 我们在夏威夷过得很愉快。 We’re having a great time in Hawaii. (我们在夏威夷过得很愉快。) That’s good. Have you been to the beach? (太好了。你们去海滩了吗?) *电话里的聊天, 其中一方现在正在夏威夷。 We’re having a wonderful time in Hawaii. We’re having a lot of fun in Hawaii. *fun “快乐”、 “有趣的事”。 We’re having a fabulous time in Hawaii. *fabulous “极好的”。 Hawaii is a lot of fun. (夏威夷是块乐土。) We’re having a blast in Hawaii. *blast 俚语, “快乐的时光”。 你去哪儿了? I haven’t seen you for days. Where have you been? (我好几天没见到你了。你去哪儿了?) I’ve been sick at home. (我生病在家。) *用于询问有一段时间没见面的对方的近况。 Where were you? Where did you go? Where have you been hiding? *hide “隐藏”、 “藏起来”。 非常愉快。 How was the vacation? (假期过得怎么样?) We had a ball. (非常愉快。) *ball 指“舞会”, have a ball是习惯用语, 表示“度过非常愉快的时光”。 We had a blast. *blast “愉快的时光”。 We really enjoyed ourselves. *enjoy oneself “过得快活”。

使用道具 举报

28#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:34:41 |只看该作者
上下班 ●上班路线 我7点起床去上班。 What time do you get up during the week? (你平时几点起床?) I get up for work at seven. (我7点起床去上班。) *get up “起床”。during ... “……的期间”。 On workdays I get up at seven. *workday “平日”、 “工作日”。 I get up at seven to be at work on time. (我7点起床以便准时上班。) 你从哪里来上班? Where are you commuting from? (你从哪里来上班?) I come all the way from Yokohama. (我大老远从横滨来这儿上班。) *commute “乘公交车辆上下班”。 *这里的all the way指“大老远”。 Where do you start your commute? Where does your commute begin? 你坐哪条线来上班? What train line do you take to get to the office? (你坐哪条线来上班?) I take the Chuo line. (我坐中央线。) What train line do you take to get to work? What train line goes to your office? (哪条线到你们公司?) 你在哪儿换火车? Where do you change trains? (你在哪儿换火车?) At Shibuya station. (在涩谷站。) *change trains 意思是“换乘火车”。注意这里用的是复数trains。 Where do you have to transfer to another train? *transfer “换乘”。 What station do you get off at to transfer trains? (你换火车要在哪站下?) *get off “下(车)”。 你是坐公交车去火车站吗? Do you take a bus to the station? (你是坐公交车去火车站吗?) No, I ride my bike.(不, 我骑自行车。) *这里的take指“乘坐(交通工具)”。 *ride “骑(自行车、 摩托车、 马匹等)”。这里的bike指“自行车”。 Do you get to the station by bus? *这里的by表示手段。 Do you ride the bus to get to the station? 我通常骑自行车去火车站。 I usually go to the station by bicycle. (我通常骑自行车去火车站。) That’s good exercise. (那可是不错的锻炼。) *usually “通常”。 *exercise “锻炼”。 I ride my bike to the station. I prefer to ride my bicycle to the station. (我喜欢骑自行车去火车站。) *prefer “喜欢”。 这一带找车位太难了。 Why don’t you drive to work? (你为什么不开车上班?) It’s difficult to park your car around here. (这一带找车位太难了。) *这里的your不是针对某一特定的人来说的, 而是指“一般的人”。around here 意思是“这一带”。 It’s hard to find a parking place in this area. *hard “困难的”。 It’s much too hard to park a car near here. 我们会付给你交通费的。 The only problem is that my commute is expensive. (惟一的问题就是交通费太贵了。) Don’t worry. We’ll pay your transportation expenses. (不要担心。我们会付给你交通费的。) *commute “上下班交通”。 *transportation expenses “运输费用”、 “交通费”。 We cover transportation costs. We’ll provide you with transportation expenses. 你买了定期车票了吗? Have you bought a train pass yet? (你买了定期车票了吗?) Yes, I got one earlier today. (买了, 今天一早我买了一张。) *bought是buy(买)的过去分词。pass指“通行证”, 这里指“定期车票”。这里的yet指“已经”、 “迄今为止”。 Have you purchased a train pass yet? *purchase “购买”。 Have you gotten a train pass yet? 我的定期车票明天到期。 How much longer is your train pass good for? (你的定期车票还可以用多久?) My train pass expires tomorrow. (我的定期车票明天到期。) *这里的good指“有效的”。 *expire “(票等)因到期而无效”。 My train pass is up tomorrow. *这里的up指“到期的”。 My train pass is no longer good after tomorrow. ●上下班高峰 每天上下班坐车非常辛苦。 It’s tough commuting every day. (每天上下班坐车非常辛苦。) I can well imagine. (可以想像。) *tough “辛苦的”。commute “上下班”。 *imagine “想像”。 It’s a tough commute every day. Commuting every day is very hard. 今天早上的火车真是太挤了。 How was your ride to work? (上班路上怎么样?) The train was really crowded this morning. (今天早上的火车真是太挤了。) *crowded “挤满的”、 “拥挤的”。 It was really crowded on the train this morning. The train was packed this morning. *pack “装满”、 “把……装罐”。 我在火车上都快被压扁了。 I got squashed on the train. (我在火车上都快被压扁了。) It must have been very crowded. (那一定是挤得很。) *squash “压碎”、 “挤烂”。 I got totally crushed on the train. *totally “完全”、 “全部”。crush “压碎”。 I was squeezed to a pulp on the train today. *意思相同, 直译是“今天我在火车上都快被压成果酱了”, 将拥挤比喻成榨水果。squeeze指“榨”, pulp 指“果酱”。 这是这里典型的交通高峰时间。 Look at all those cars! (你看看那么多车!) This is a typical rush hour here. (这是这里典型的交通高峰时间。) *typical “典型的”。rush hour “高峰时间”。 This is normal traffic for rush hour. (高峰期的交通通常都这样。) *normal “标准的”。traffic “交通”。 This is our usual rush hour traffic. *usual “平常的”。 光是坐火车就把我累得疲惫不堪。 Just riding the train makes me very tired. (光是坐火车就把我累得疲惫不堪。) I can certainly understand why. (我很能理解这一点。) *make ... “使……”。 Riding the train really drains my energy. *这里的drain指“消耗”。 I’m very tired from just riding the train. *be tired from ...ing “做……而疲倦”。 我在火车上遇到了性骚扰。 Why are you so upset? (你为什么那么生气?) I was sexually accosted on the train. (我在火车上遇到了性骚扰。) *upset “心烦的”。 *sexually “性方面地”。accost “(尤指唐突地)走近跟……搭讪”, 带有否定的意思。 A man groped me on the train. *这里的grope指“接触(异性的)身体”。 A man touched me improperly on the train. *improperly “不合适地”、 “不道德地”。 这时的交通太拥挤。 The traffic is so heavy now. (这时的交通太拥挤。) I suggest you leave later, to avoid it. (我建议你晚点儿走, 避开它。) *traffic 指“交通”、 “交通量”。traffic is heavy指“交通量很大”。 *suggest “建议”。avoid “避开”。 There’s bumper-to-bumper traffic out there. *bumper-to-bumper “车堵了一长串”、 “紧挨着的”。 The roads are so busy right now. *这里的busy指“交通量大的”。right now 意思是“现在”。 交通比我预想的要糟糕得多。 Why were you late? (你为什么迟到了?) The traffic was much worse than I expected. (交通比我预想的要糟糕得多。) *worse是bad的比较级。expect 意思是“预想”、 “预期”。 I didn’t expect the traffic to be so bad. (我没想到交通会那么糟糕。) I really didn’t think there would be so much traffic. 他可能被堵在路上了。 He’s probably stuck in a traffic jam. (他可能被堵在路上了。) He’d better get here soon. (希望他能快点到。) *He’s是He is的缩写。stuck 意思是“不能动”、 “堵住了”。traffic jam 指“交通堵塞”。 He must be stuck in traffic. Traffic is probably holding him up. *hold up “阻碍(前进等)”。 ●迟到 对不起我们迟到了。 You were supposed to be here an hour ago. (你们一个小时前就应该到这儿了。) We’re sorry for being late. (对不起我们迟到了。) *be supposed to ... “认为应该……”。 *be late “迟到”。 I’m sorry, I’m late. (对不起, 我迟到了。) Don’t worry about it. (没关系。) Sorry to be late. (对不起我迟到了。) It happens to the best of us. (谁都会有迟到的时候。) We apologize for being late. We apologize for arriving late. *apologize “道歉”。 I apologize for being tardy. *tardy “迟到的”、 “晚点的”。 I feel badly about being late. *在美国也用“I feel bad ...”, 但是正确的说法应该是“I feel badly ...”。 我刚好赶上了。 Were you on time for the meeting? (开会你准时到了吗?) I barely made it. (我刚好赶上了。) *on time “准时”。 *barely “勉强”。这里的make指“到达”、 “赶上”。 I made it just in the nick of time. *这里的just指“正好”。in the nick of time 意思是“在关键时刻”。 I just made it. 他又迟到了。 He’s late again. (他又迟到了。) You should fire him. (你应该把他给开除了。) *fire “解雇”。 He’s tardy again. *tardy “迟到的”。 He’s not on time, as usual. (他又像往常一样没有按时到。) 早上的会迟到不好。 It’s not good to be late for the morning meeting. (早上的会迟到不好。) Did I miss anything important? (我漏掉什么重要的事情吗?) *这里的miss指“漏听”。important 指“重要的”。 You shouldn’t miss the morning meeting if you can avoid it. (你应该尽可能不要错过早上的会议。) *avoid “避免”。 It’s best to be on time for the morning meeting. (早上的会议最好按时到。) *on time “按时”。 下次你再迟到, 就要被开除了。 Next time you’re late, you’re fired. (下次你再迟到, 就要被开除了。) It won’t happen again. (不会再迟到了。) If you’re late again, I’ll have to fire you. I’m going to have to let you go if you’re late again. 你误了火车了? Did you miss your train? (你误了火车了?) By about 10 seconds. (晚了大约10秒钟。) *这里的miss指“未赶上(火车等)”。 *这里的by指“差了……”。 Miss the train? Did the train leave without you? *leave “离开”。without “没有”。 我睡过头了。 What happened? (出什么事了?) I overslept. (我睡过头了。) *oversleep “睡过头”。 I slept too late. *late “晚”。 My alarm didn’t go off. (我的闹钟没有响。) *alarm “闹钟”。 给他一个书面警告。 He was late again. (他又迟到了。) Give him a warning in writing. (给他一个书面警告。) *give ... a warning “警告某人(提醒某人)”。in writing “书面”。 Give him a written warning. *a written warning “成文的提醒”、 “书面警告”。 Give him his warning in writing.

使用道具 举报

29#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:35:03 |只看该作者
活动 ●常规活动 我们公司要组织去温泉旅游。 Are you doing anything this month? (这个月你们有什么打算?) We’re going to a hot spring on a company trip. (我们公司要组织去温泉旅游。) *“温泉”说成hot spring。company trip指“员工旅行”。 The company’s taking us to a hot spring. We’re going on a company excursion to a hot spring. 下一次的员工旅游要去夏威夷。 Our next company trip is to Hawaii. (下一次的员工旅游要去夏威夷。) I can’t wait. (我都等不及了。) We’ll be going to Hawaii for our next company trip. We’re going to Hawaii on our next company trip. 我必须参加年终聚会。 I must attend the year-end party. (我必须参加年终聚会。) I’m told I must attend as well. (我也接到通知必须参加。) *“年终聚会”说成year-end party。 美国没有这样的聚会, 但是这么表达也能说得通。 *as well “也”。 I’m required to attend the year-end party. *required是require的过去分词, 表示“被要求”、 “被命令”。 It’s imperative I attend the year-end party. (我必须参加这个年终聚会。) *imperative “必要的”、 “必须的”, 较正式的说法。 我们准备给你开一个欢送会。 We’re planning a farewell party for you. (我们准备给你开一个欢送会。) Really? That’s so nice of you. (真的吗?你们真是太好了。) *farewell “告别的”。farewell party常用来表示“欢送会”。 *nice “亲切的”、 “体贴的”。 We’re having a farewell party for you. We’re planning to have a farewell party for you. *plan to ... “打算做……”。 We’re giving a good-bye party for you. We’re sending you off with a party. *send ... off “送别……”。 ●聚会等 欢迎欢迎。 Come on in. (欢迎欢迎。) I brought this for you. (我给你带了这个来。) *欢迎来访者的说法, 是“Come in.” 的强调说法。 Welcome. Nice of you to come. *nice of ... to ... “……做……太好了”, 带有感激的心情。 Glad you could make it. *make it这里指“出席(会议等)”。 谢谢您特地来我们这儿。 Thank you for taking the time to come over. (谢谢您特地来我们这儿。) Thank you for having me. (谢谢您的接待。) *take the time to ... 直译是“花时间做……”。come over 意思是“前来”、 “访问”。 Thanks for going out of your way. *go out of one’s way “特意做某事”。 Thank you for coming all the way over here. *加入all the way, 强调“特意”、 “大老远”的意思。 谢谢你邀请我。 Thank you for inviting me. (谢谢你邀请我。) I was glad to do it. (不客气。) *invite “邀请”。 *be glad to ... “做……感到很荣幸”。 Thanks for asking me. Thank you for including me. *include “包括”、 “加进”。 Thank you for having me. 你来给大家讲几句话吧? Will you say a few words? (你来给大家讲几句话吧?) I’m sorry, I’m too shy. (对不起, 我不善言辞。) Will you speak to the group? How about a few words of wisdom from you? *wisdom “智慧”、 “知识”。 女士们, 先生们!我来说几句。 Ladies and gentlemen! I’d like to say a few words. (女士们, 先生们!我来说几句。) Please give Mr. Smith your full attention. (请注意听史密斯先生要说什么。) *attention “注意”、 “关注”。 Please allow me to say a few words. *allow ... to ... “允许……做……”。 Please indulge me with a few moments of your time. *indulge ... with “让……做……”。 请大家注意了。 Attention, please. (请大家注意了。) We’re listening. (我们都在听呢。) May I have your attention, please? I’d like to make an announcement. (请大家静下来好吗?我有个通知要宣布。) *这是在会议、 集会、 聚会上引起大家注意的习惯用语, 有“请大家听好”的意思, 相当于中文的“请大家注意了”、 “请大家安静”、 “静一静好吗”, 是更为礼貌的说法。make an announcement 意思是“发表声明”、 “宣布通知”。 Please, listen up. (请听好了。) *listen up “注意听”。 Could I have your attention, please? Please pay attention. *pay attention “注意”。 我提议大家干一杯。 I’d like to propose a toast. (我提议大家干一杯。) Please do. (请。) *干杯时提醒大家注意的说法。propose a toast“招呼干一杯”。toast “干杯”、 “碰杯”。 A toast! (干杯!) I want to propose a toast. Let’s have a toast. (我们干一杯吧。) *have a toast “干杯”。 为了我们的新项目干杯! Here’s to our new project! (为了我们的新项目干杯!) Here, here! (干杯, 干杯!) *Here’s to ... 干杯的时候表达“为了……”的说法。Here’s是Here is的缩写。 A toast to our new project! (为我们的新项目干一杯!) Let’s have a toast to our new project. 我能带上我太太吗? Should I bring my wife? (我能带上我太太吗?) Yes, the more the merrier. (可以, 人越多越热闹。) *bring “带(人)来”。 *The more the merrier. 习惯用语, 表示“人越多越热闹”。 Shall I bring my wife? Should I bring my wife along? Do you want my wife to come too? 便装就可以了。 How shall I dress? (我该穿什么?) Please dress casually. (便装就可以了。) *dress “穿”。 *casually “随便地”。 Casual is best. (便装最好。) *casual “便装”。 Dress casually and comfortably. (穿上舒服的便装就好了。) *comfortably “舒服地”、 “舒适地”。 必须穿上装系领带。 Is there a dress code? (着装有什么规定吗?) Tie and jacket are required. (必须穿上装系领带。) *code “规定”、 “要求”。dress code “着装规定”。 *tie “领带”。jacket “上装”。require “必须”、 “要求”。进入正式的餐厅时会有这样的要求。 Men must wear a tie and jacket. (男士必须穿上装打领带。) You can’t get in without a tie and jacket. (不穿上装打领带你就不能进去。) 可是, 不是说要下雨吗? The office picnic is on Saturday. (公司的郊游定在周六。) Isn’t it supposed to rain, though? (可是, 不是说要下雨吗?) *be supposed to ... “预报……”、 “将是……情况”。though “但是”、 “可是”。 Isn’t it going to rain, though? I think it’s going to rain, though. (可是, 我想天要下雨。) 他有太多工作要做, 没有去参加聚会。 He had so much work left to do that he didn’t go to the party. (他有太多工作要做, 没有去参加聚会。) He is very dedicated to his job. (他对工作太投入了。) *so ... that ... “太……以至于……”。 *be dedicated to ... “投入于……”、 “专心于……”。 He wasn’t able to go to the party because of work. He didn’t attend the party because he had too much work to do.

使用道具 举报

30#
发表于 2008-10-23 13:35:28 |只看该作者
约会 ●确定时间 我明天想去拜访您。 I'd like to come and see you tomorrow. (我明天想去拜访您。) Fine. I will be in my office waiting for you. (好。我会在办公室等你。) *I'd like to ... “我想……”, 礼貌的说法。 What day is good for you? (你哪天方便?) I'd like to stop by tomorrow. (我想明天就去。) *stop by “顺便到”。 I'd like to come talk with you tomorrow. I would like to meet with you tomorrow. How about tomorrow? (明天怎么样?) Tomorrow would be best. (明天最合适了。) 我明天什么时候可以见你? What time can I see you tomorrow? (我明天什么时候可以见你?) How does 10 a.m. sound? (上午10点怎么样?) What time can we meet tomorrow? What time is good for you tomorrow? (明天你什么时间方便?) When do you want to meet tomorrow? 明天您会在办公室吗? Will you be at your office tomorrow? (明天您会在办公室吗?) Yes, but only in the morning. (会的, 不过只是上午在。) Will you be in tomorrow? Will you be at work tomorrow? 下周五我们再见一面如何? We should get together again soon. (我们应该尽快再碰一次头。) All right. Can we meet again next Friday? (好的。下周五我们再见一面如何?) Can we get together again next Friday? Is next Friday okay to meet again? 我现在可以见您吗? Can I see you now? (我现在可以见您吗?) Only for a couple of minutes. (只能几分钟。) *Can I ...? “我可以……吗?”, 请求同意的说法。 Are you free now? (你现在有时间吗?) *这里的free指 “有空的”。 Can I talk to you? 我马上就去。 Can you hurry over? (你能快点去吗?) I'll be right over. (我马上就去。) *这里的right指 “马上”、 “立刻”, over指 “到对方那里”、 “到那边”, 这句话说的是 “马上就到那边去”。 I'll be right there. I'll be there shortly. *shortly “不久”、 “马上”。 我不久就来拜访您。 I'll come and see you soon. (我不久就来拜访您。) Be sure to make an appointment. (一定要提前约个时间。) *Be sure to ... “一定要……”。 I'll visit again soon. I'll be seeing you again soon. I'll come back again soon. *come back “回来”。 I'll pay you another visit soon. *pay a visit “访问”。 I'll stop by again soon. *stop by ... “顺便到……”。 我7点到您的宾馆。 I'll stop by your hotel at seven. (我7点到您的宾馆。) I'll be waiting for you. (我等你。) *stop by ... “顺便到……”。 I'll pick you up at your hotel at seven. (我7点到宾馆接您。) *pick up “开车去接”。 I'll be at your hotel at seven. 你两点来吧。 When can I come in for an appointment? (我可以约几点来?) I can put you down for two. (你两点来吧。) *come in “进来”。 *这是电话预约时常用的说法。用这句话就可以敲定约会的时间。put ... down for “把预约做某事的某人的名字写下来”。 I can make an appointment for two. *make an appointment “约会”。 I can schedule you for two. *schedule “安排日程”。 我明年还会来。 I'll be back again next year. (我明年还会来。) We'll be counting on it. (我们等着。) *这里的back指 “回来”。 *count on “相信”、 “期待”。 I'm coming back next year. *come back “回来”、 “返回”。 I'll be returning next year. *return “回来”、 “返回”。 什么时间都可以。 What time can you see him today? (今天你什么时间能见他?) Any time is fine with me. (什么时间都可以。) *any在肯定句中表示“无论什么……”。 Any time will work for me. Any time is good. Any time is all right with me. Whenever. 我今天一整天都在办公室。 What's your schedule? (你有什么安排?) I'll be in my office all day today. (我今天一整天都在办公室。) I'll be in all day today. Today I'll be in the office all day. 我10点等你来。 I'll be expecting you at ten. (我10点等你来。) I'll be there. (我会去的。) *约时间见面时经常使用的说法。expect 意思是 “等待(对方来访)”。 I'll be waiting for you at ten. I'll expect you at ten. I'll expect to meet you at ten. 星期一两点怎么样? How about Monday at two? (星期一两点怎么样?) That's fine with me. (可以。) *How about ...? “……怎么样?”。这里的at指“在……时间(或时刻)”。 Would Monday at two be all right? How does Monday at two sound? 我想定在5月上旬。 When would be best? (什么时间最好?) I was thinking of early May. (我想定在5月上旬。) *be thinking of ... “在考虑……”。 What do you think of early May? Will early May work for you? 我们能不能改在上午10点见? I'll meet you at 11 a.m. (我们上午11点见。) Can we meet at 10 a.m. instead? (我们能不能改在上午10点见?) *instead “代替”。 10 a.m. would be better for me. *better “更好”。 I'd rather meet at 10 a.m. instead. *would rather ... “宁愿……”。 Would it be possible to meet at 10 a.m. instead? (改成上午10点见行吗?) *possible “可能的”。 定在下周好吗? How does the 10th sound? (你看10号怎么样?) Can we make it the following week? (定在下周好吗?) *sound “听起来”。 *the following week “下周”。 Can we change it to the following week? Will the following week be alright? (下周可以吗?) Would you mind making it the following week? *Would you mind ...ing? “你介意……吗?”。 那么两点见。 See you at two then. (那么两点见。) Sounds good. (好的。) I'll see you at two then. I'm looking forward to seeing you at two. (我盼着两点和你见面。) *look forward to ... “(愉快地)等待……”、“期待……”。 我们就定在6点吧。 When do you want to meet? (你想几点见面?) Let's make it 6∶00. (我们就定在6点吧。) *这里的make it是习惯说法, 指“把时间定在……”、 “约好在……时间”。 Let's meet at 6∶00. (我们6点见吧。) Is 6∶00 okay? (6点可以吗?) 我约好了与史密斯先生见面。 I made an appointment to see Mr. Smith. (我约好了与史密斯先生见面。) Good for you. (太好了。) *make an appointment “约会”。 I'll be meeting with Mr. Smith. I have an appointment with Mr. Smith. ●确定地点 你想在哪里见面? Where do you want to meet? (你想在哪里见面?) Let's meet at your hotel. (就在你的宾馆吧。) Please meet me at 7 o'clock. (请你7点来见我。) Where shall we meet? (我们在哪里见面呢?) Where do you want to get together? Where should we meet? Where would you like to meet? What's a good place to meet? (在哪里见面好呢?) 我会去的。 I hope you can join us. (我希望你能来。) I'll be there. (我会去的。) I'll see you there. I'll be there waiting. (我会在那里等着你。) 要我去您那儿吗? Would you like me to come up? (要我去您那儿吗?) No, I'll come down. (不, 还是我去你那儿吧。) *Would you like ... to ...? “你希望……做……吗?”。come up 意思是 “接近”、 “过来”。 *come down “去(那里)”。 Shall I come up there? Should I come up? 到我办公室好吗? Would you come up to my office? (到我办公室好吗?) Certainly. Lead the way. (好的。你带路吧。) *come up to ... “来到……”、 “接近……”。 *certainly “当然”。lead “带路”。 Come up to my office, please. I'd like you to come up to my office. 有什么显眼的标志吗? Are there any landmarks? (有什么显眼的标志吗?) There's a McDonald's on the corner. (拐角处有一个麦当劳餐厅。) *landmark “地标”。 Can you see any landmarks? What landmarks are nearby? *nearby “在附近”。 你会找到的。 I hope I find it. (希望我能找到。) You can't miss it. (你会找到的。) *miss 指 “错过”, 这句话直译是 “你不可能找不到”。 习惯用语, 记住这么说就可以了。 It's easy to find it. *easy “容易的”。 You'll find it easily. *easily “容易地”。 You'll find it right away. *right away “马上”。 You'll have no problem finding it. 我在前台。 Where are you? (你在哪里?) I'm at the reception desk. (我在前台。) *reception desk “前台”、“(宾馆的)服务台”。 I'm in the reception area. I'm at the front desk. *front desk “前台”。 万一我们碰不到 …… If we miss each other by any chance, call my office. (万一我们碰不到, 给我办公室打电话。) Please give me your office number again. (请把你办公室的电话号码再告诉我一遍。) *miss “错过”。each other “互相”。by any chance “万一”、 “说不定”。 If for some reason we miss each other, ... *for some reason “因为某个理由”。 Just in case we miss each other, ... *in case ... “万一……”、 “如果……”。 ●调整日程安排 约在什么时间? We need to talk sometime today. (今天我们得找个时间谈谈。) When shall we meet? (约在什么时间?) When would you like to meet? (你想什么时候见面?) How about right now? (现在怎么样?) What time shall we meet? (我们什么时间见面?) When can we get together? *get together “(人) 聚到一起”、 “在一起”。 When should we meet? When's a good time to meet? 你什么时间合适? When's good for you? (你什么时间合适?) Friday would be best. (星期五最合适了。) *good “合适的”、“适宜的”。 When are you free? When would be convenient for you? *be convenient for ... “对……合适”。 你什么时候有空? When are you free? (你什么时候有空?) Not today. (今天不行。) *free “自由的”、 “有空的”。 When will you have some free time? When are you available? *available “有空的”、 “不忙的”。 最好什么时间到? When's the best time to come? (最好什么时间到?) Any time before 7∶00 p.m. (晚上7点之前的任何时间都可以。) *要前往饭店时可以这么问。这里问的是 “什么时间最不挤”。come “至”、“到达”。 *any time “任何时候”。 When are you least crowded? (什么时间人最少?) *least “最少”。be crowded “拥挤”。 What time do you suggest I come? *suggest “建议”。 What time do you recommend I come? *recommend “建议”。 这周我们见一面好吗? Can we meet this week? (这周我们见一面好吗?) That will be fine. (好啊。) Can we get together this week? *get together “(和人)见面”。 Can we meet sometime this week? *sometime “某个时候”。 下周找个时间怎么样? Can we get together soon? (我们能尽快见一面吗?) How about some time next week? (下周找个时间怎么样?) *soon “马上”、 “很快”。 *How about ...? “……怎么样?”。 Could you spare a few minutes next week? (下周你抽点儿时间给我好吗?) *这里的spare指“抽出(时间)”。 How does next week suit you? (下周你方便吗?) *这里的suit指“(时间)合适”。 我们什么时候能再见到你? When will we see you again? (我们什么时候能再见到你?) I'll drop by real soon. (我很快就会再来的。) *和今后还想保持联络的人告别时使用。 *drop by “顺便到”、 “突然到访”。 When will we see you next? How long will it be until we see you? When will be the next time we see you? 星期二你有什么安排吗? Do you have anything on Tuesday? (星期二你有什么安排吗?) I have two meetings. (我有两个会要参加。) Are you available on Tuesday? (你星期二有空吗?) *这里的available指“有空的”、 “不忙的”。 Are you free on Tuesday? (你星期二有空吗?) *free “空闲的”、 “有空的”。 我想定个时间见一面。 I'd like to set a time for the meeting. (我想定个时间见一面。) What day is good for you? (你哪天方便?) *set “决定”、 “安排”。 I'd like to arrange a time for the meeting. Let's set a time for the meeting. 您什么时间合适? What time would be good for you? (您什么时间合适?) Monday at two. (星期一两点。) *good for ... “对……来说合适”、 “适合……”。 What time would be convenient for you? (您什么时间有空?) Any time after 6∶00. (6点以后都可以。) *convenient “方便的”。 What is a good time for you? What time would work for you? *这里的work指“(事情)向有利的方向发展”。 What time would be best for you? 我们的约会时间要改在10点。 What did you need to see me about? (你找我有什么事?) I need to change our appointment to 10 o'clock. (我们的约会时间要改在10点。) *appointment “约会”。 Can I change our appointment to 10 o'clock? (约会时间能改到10点吗?) I need to meet you at 10 o'clock instead. (我得改在10点见你。) *instead “代替”。 我不会超过半个小时的。 I don't have time to see you today. (我今天没时间见你。) It won't take more than a half-hour. (我不会超过半个小时的。) *这里的take指“需要(时间)”、 “花费”。a half-hour为“半小时”。 It shouldn't take more than a half-hour. I will take no more than a half-hour. 太含糊了。请说个具体时间。 I'll come over to the office sometime next week. (下周我会找个时间来公司一趟。) That's too vague. Please be specific. (太含糊了。请说个具体时间。) *vague “含糊的”、 “不明确的”。specific “明确的”、 “具体的”。 Please be more clear. We need a more specific answer. 关于什么事? I really need to see you. (我确实得见你。) May I ask what it is regarding? (关于什么事?) *regarding “关于……”、 “有关……”。 May I ask what it's about? What about? 那天我不方便。 Does Friday work better for you? (星期五好吗?) That's not a good day for me. (那天我不方便。) That day is no good for me. That day doesn't work well for me. I'm busy that day. (我那天很忙。) That's a bad day for me. I'm not available that day. 恐怕不行。 Can you change the date? (你能改个日子吗?) I'm afraid I can't. (恐怕不行。) I'm sorry I can't. There's no way I can. 我们安排在上午9点。 We're scheduled for 9 a.m. (我们安排在上午9点。) Could we make it later? (能不能再晚一点?) *这里的schedule是动词, 表示“安排日程”、 “预定”。 We're set for 9 a.m. *这里的set指“决定(日子、 时间等)”。 We're on for 9 a.m. *这里的on指“安排好的”。 今天我的日程安排得很紧。 Can we see you today? (我们今天可以见你吗?) My schedule is tight today. (今天我的日程安排得很紧。) *tight “紧密的”、 “密集的”。 I have a tight schedule today. I'm really booked today. *这里的book指“预定”、 “预约”。 星期一我很忙, 不过星期二我就有空了。 I need to see you as soon as possible. (我得尽快见到你。) I'll be busy on Monday, but I'll be free on Tuesday. (星期一我很忙, 不过星期二我就有空了。) *see “见面”。as soon as possible “尽快”。 Monday is busy, but Tuesday looks good. *look “看起来……”、 “好像……”。 I'm pretty booked on Monday, but I'm available Tuesday. (星期一我的日程相当满, 不过星期二我就有空了。) *pretty “很”、 “相当”。be booked “有安排”。available “不忙的”。 我们公司要一直停业到星期二。 I'd like to make an appointment for 2 p.m. on Monday. (我想约星期一下午两点。) Our office will be closed through Tuesday. (我们公司要一直停业到星期二。) *make an appointment “预约”、 “约定”。 *close “(商店、 学校、 道路等) 关闭”。through “到……为止”。 We'll open our doors again on Wednesday. Our office will be closed till Wednesday. (我们公司要一直到星期三才营业。) *till “到……为止”。这个说法容易出错, 需要注意。 那是我们一年当中最忙的时候。 Can we see you in May? (我们5月份能见到你吗?) That's the busiest time of year. (那是我们一年当中最忙的时候。) *the busiest “最忙的”。 That's our busiest season. (那是我们最忙的时候。) That's when we are the busiest. (对我们来说那是最忙的时候。) 6月下旬应该可以。 When can we see you? (我们什么时候能见到你?) Late June would be fine. (6月下旬应该可以。) Late June would be best for us. (对我们来说6月下旬最合适。) Late June would be good. 我们的人能去参观你们公司吗? Would you like our people to visit your company? (我们的人能去参观你们公司吗?) Yes, sometime next week would be best. (好啊, 最好定在下周。) Would you like us to visit your company? Would you like to have our people visit your company? Shall we have some of our people visit your company? *Shall we ...? “我们可以……吗?”。

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

Archiver|航空论坛 ( 渝ICP备10008336号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 21:09 , Processed in 0.046800 second(s), 8 queries .